Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

the whole gay club thing was unnecessary

You know Sonny threw around epithets and meant them. It's just ridiculous how far the show goes to try to paint him as Mr. Tolerance and Understanding.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I never for a second thought the writers were going to have Sonny have a problem with Kristina's sexuality but the whole gay club thing was unnecessary. They could've just had him not care because it's 2016.

Or not care because, after all, it is just girl child and women always get through these crazy notions.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I never for a second thought the writers were going to have Sonny have a problem with Kristina's sexuality but the whole gay club thing was unnecessary. They could've just had him not care because it's 2016.

Totally agree. 

That said, it was a teeny bit amusing slash sad when Sonny mentioned he knew gay people and Kristina was all, "Oh, you must be talking about Lucas and Brad, the only gay people in this entire medium-sized city."  Poor (fuckin') Felix didn't even make the list lol. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Poor (fuckin') Felix didn't even make the list lol.

I didnt' think about him either. But then I seldom do lol!

I did think it was hysterical that Sonny knew gay guys back in Bensonhurst. Because I have a hard time believing that the boys he hung out with were openly gay. It just wasn't as acceptable back then, especially in a macho Italian neighborhood like that.

• Love 8
(edited)

Yay, Jason. He shoots and the other remember how to hold and fire a gun.

His body count this year is around 5.  The only time this actor comes to life is when he gets to be violent.  Just what the audience wants to watch in a soap opera.  So glad that out of all of the characters they could have placed these two pets in - they chose Jason and Franco.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

I did think it was hysterical that Sonny knew gay guys back in Bensonhurst. Because I have a hard time believing that the boys he hung out with were openly gay. It just wasn't as acceptable back then, especially in a macho Italian neighborhood like that.

Like what happened to Harry Black at the end of "Last Exit to Brooklyn."  His union boys found out about his using union money to entertain rent boys.  Harry ended up beaten bloody and hung from a big metal fence.  

http://www.vimeoinfo.com/video/63701007/tralala-harry-last-exit-to-brooklyn

You know, I come here to read about what is happening with GH or if I should bother watching the past few episodes and I noticed a trend. The trend is that whenever Sam is on the show, there is comments about her cleavage/how much cleavage she is showing. I always wondered why that should even matter? Like if she got it, she can flaunted it. It is her right as a woman to do whatever she wants with her body. 

Maybe showing a lot of cleavage is a huge deal to you but that is you. For another woman, it is nothing to her. It is part of who she is and she can do whatever she wants. We as a women have earn that right. 

Sorry. I usually ignore those comments and move on but lately I have been dealing with some misogynistic crap that I am pretty sensitive to a lot of these comments.

Anyways, the Island story is pretty meh. 

• Love 10

Kevin's halfhearted "Yay" when he heard there was booze to sterilize his wound but no anesthesia was very funny.

Maxie, Claudette can't "steal" Nathan if he doesn't want to be stolen. Gah, I despise that mindset.

FFS, now Ava has second thoughts about being away from Port Charles?

• Love 8

So, tough, murderous alpha male Sonny went to gay clubs in the past? HA! Sonny so had a taste of man booty before, and he can try and deny it until the cows come home. Now then, what does Claudette want? I mean, really. She doesn't seem to want the revenge for the shooting that I thought she'd want.

(edited)
2 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

You know, I come here to read about what is happening with GH or if I should bother watching the past few episodes and I noticed a trend. The trend is that whenever Sam is on the show, there is comments about her cleavage/how much cleavage she is showing. I always wondered why that should even matter? Like if she got it, she can flaunted it. It is her right as a woman to do whatever she wants with her body. 

Maybe showing a lot of cleavage is a huge deal to you but that is you. For another woman, it is nothing to her. It is part of who she is and she can do whatever she wants. We as a women have earn that right. 

Sorry. I usually ignore those comments and move on but lately I have been dealing with some misogynistic crap that I am pretty sensitive to a lot of these comments.

Twisted, sorry for what you've been going through. I'm sure many of us can sympathize and empathize. 

I think that many of us were reacting to Sam's cleavage, not because she had it, but because we were seeing it as a producer's decision just as gratuitous as the many prolonged shots of Nathan without a shirt. 

You raised a good point, though. Thanks for the eye-opener. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 7

scene in the Crimson office:

Claudette: WIDE EYES

Nina: WIDER EYES

Maxie: WIDEST EYES

Meanwhile on Cassadine Island:

Lulu: haha you guys have nothing on me and my bug-eyed look of shock!

Also, 13 Amiklon, Cassadine Island, is not a freaking address show, it's not.

Laura: There have always been locals living on Cassadine Island that have nothing to do with the Cassadines.

No, there really haven't been! I mean, what the hell? "Oh, Mikkos is messing around with the weather machine, again! It's almost as annoying as Alexi's car that he has up on bricks in his front yard! Why can't he get rid of that damn eyesore?"

Why was Lulu getting all teary at Ava telling her about how she met up with Nikolas?

Yes, let's give Nina, the woman whose arms are constantly in my face, a dress to emphasize them even more. SHE DOESN'T NEED IT. 

• Love 8
(edited)
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yes, let's give Nina, the woman whose arms are constantly in my face, a dress to emphasize them even more. SHE DOESN'T NEED IT. 

(Typing through the coke I spit on the keyboard)

If I didn't know that this was taped before last week, I'd have sworn it was an homage to the current Mrs. Trump's dress at the RNC except less attractive.

Edited by rur
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Since when do non-Cassadines live on Cassadine Island?

And why, of all these asshats, is poor Kevin the one who's hurt?

Well, Dante's been shot 10 million times. He also just got stabbed with a pen. 

Lulu has been menaced 10 million times.

None of them would care if Ava got shot.

Bullets cannot harm the mighty Jason.

Sam has also been shot/menaced 10 million times.

Nikolas actually did get shot and thrown over a balcony, so really, Kevin's not the only one.

I feel like they needed Laura coherent.

So Kevin it is!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 16
46 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Could Daphne be the woman that Hells stashed Jake with when she held him captive?

My first thought is she's raising the Stavros/Lulu baby. Which made me let out a big fat NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at the tv.

This episode was so fucking boring.

• Love 4
(edited)

Alexis twitches as often as a dying light bulb. Her panting and twitching needs to stop NOW. If Julian scares her, Alexis should simply stay away from him or grab Kristina for an impromptu vacation away from Port Churls. They say that Greece is nice this time of year.

The Goat!girl who just turned up on Cassadine Island can immediately speak and understand perfect English? Lulu is right to be skeptical. Will she be the third leg of a new triangle with Kevin and Laura? Or Dante and Lulu? How did she get a filled prescription of "antee-bioytic" on a desert island? For sure you can bet she will be cousin to any number of peeps in Port C.

How many dust bunnies did Maxie and the Tree find under that couch while they were on the floor making love?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
(edited)
44 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

[Daphne] who just turned up on Cassadine Island can immediately speak and understand perfect English?

Why wouldn't she?

Edited by dubbel zout
added a name
  • Love 1

As we see Lulu saying "Helena wanted me to go there," all I could think was that any rational person would not go to somewhere that Helena had manipulated them into going from beyond the grave.  So, of course, they'll all head over there.  

• Love 10
(edited)

Please give me lots more of Kevin and Laura because I loved absolutely everything about them today.  LOVE THEM.  I am also enjoying Dante and Lulu getting out of the baby stories and the homewrecker storyline and into some action adventure.  I am also THRILLED that I got a break from the very boring Jakeson character and also Sam who has been rendered boring by association.  I would rather see more of Valentin who is sexy in a bad-boy way.  I wouldn't mind him sticking around, but they would need to trim the cast.  So get rid of Sabrina, Valerie, and Andre to start.  

Also, I really loved yesterday's scenes with Sonny and Kristina.  I enjoyed everything about them - the way they were acted, filmed and executed.  Kudos to both.  I'm still missing Michael who is stuck in storyline hell with Sabrina and her baby.  This is the third storyline that Michael has been saddled with regarding a woman and her child or a child in general.  What a waste of a good actor and vet character.

Lastly, the writers are dumbing down Maxie to prop Claudette.  Maxie wouldn't have gotten caught in her first move in deceiving Claudette, but she was today.  The writers better not do what RC use to do all the time:  Dumb down the vets to prop the newbies.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, rur said:

Twisted, sorry for what you've been going through. I'm sure many of us can sympathize and empathize. 

I think that many of us were reacting to Sam's cleavage, not because she had it, but because we were seeing it as a producer's decision just as gratuitous as the many prolonged shots of Nathan without a shirt. 

You raised a good point, though. Thanks for the eye-opener. 

Thank you. Work hasn't been fun lately. Anyways, I think I just became sensitive to the tone of those comments regarding women showing cleavage compared men being shirtless.

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Is Julian setting up an insanity plea or is he really crazy.  

I think he is faking it. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Bishop said:

Lastly, the writers are dumbing down Maxie to prop Claudette.  Maxie wouldn't have gotten caught in her first move in deceiving Claudette, but she was today.  The writers better not do what RC use to do all the time:  Dumb down the vets to prop the newbies.

I don't know about that. I actually thought it was more a dumbing down of Spinelli. He's a supergenius who got caught out by freaking Claudette.

My qualm was actually I wasn't sure if Maxie would really mess with Crimson to get to Claudette, she'd find another way without putting Crimson at risk.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I didnt' think about him either. But then I seldom do lol!

None of the stuff they ever say about Bensonhurst on this show is ever believable. Including the idea that it was all good times for Sonny back in the day there. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bishop said:

...So get rid of Sabrina, Valerie, and Andre to start.  

Also, I really loved yesterday's scenes with Sonny and Kristina.  I enjoyed everything about them - the way they were acted, filmed and executed.  Kudos to both.  I'm still missing Michael who is stuck in storyline hell with Sabrina and her baby.  This is the third storyline that Michael has been saddled with regarding a woman and her child or a child in general.  What a waste of a good actor and vet character.

Yes, Sabrina and Andre are not adding anything, and we can dump Jordan too. The scenes of Sonny and Kristina were well-written, acted, and believable. Michael is being totally wasted, and has actually caught a manly case of baby rabies, which is infuriating and depressing all at once.

Maxie has been dumbed down so far that she practically matches the Tree in intellectual stakes. She's extremely impulsive and a bully to boot.

Previews...is Sonny fuckin' kidding, NOW is when he confronts Alexis about lying to him about Parker?  Which, shut up, ass, if and when Kristina comes out to you is up TO KRISTINA!

• Love 9
9 hours ago, 33kaitykaity said:

Like what happened to Harry Black at the end of "Last Exit to Brooklyn."  His union boys found out about his using union money to entertain rent boys.  Harry ended up beaten bloody and hung from a big metal fence.

http://www.vimeoinfo.com/video/63701007/tralala-harry-last-exit-to-brooklyn

Oh, yes, that is a harrowing movie, But, w00t, Stephen Lang!

I've missed bits and pieces of the eps this week.  Did Sonny really say he and Connie and Olivia used to go to gay clubs and he's always been totally cool with his gay brothers and sisters?  Because, no.

The Cassadine Island storyline has been largely boring, one of those spinning their wheels plots that has the veneer of excitement - Look!  Guns!  Hostages!  Death!  Crazy Cassadines! - but nothing is really happening to move story or character forward.  It's a placeholder on a show where all the plots seem like placeholders these days.  I do give it credit, though, for mixing it up, character-wise.  It's refreshing seeing characters interact who don't usually.  More of that, please, Show.  The lack of mixing and mingling of storylines and characters on this show is dull, dull, dull.

• Love 6

Trying to find tidbits of good in this awful, awful show:

I appreciated Ava's sincerity in talking up Nikolas to Laura and Lulu.  Deserved or not, that was a nice thing for her to do.

Other than that I've got nothing...

• Love 4

How nice of Maxie to sabotage Crimson's computer system in an effort to keep Claud from sniffing around her worthless Tree. Idiot. Why not just poison her. 

I guess Scott is becoming the mob lawyer people turn to when Diane or Alexis aren't available.

That woman is probably a Cassadine goon so Dante should shoot her while he has the chance.  

• Love 2

"On today's General Hospital, the english language will be slaughtered..."

Maxie: "you guyses weddiing picture"... TWICE!!!!! Writers or actress? Made me insane!

Nina: trying to say the word "appreciative" was laughable. THAT is definitely the actress.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why the fuck was Scotty Julian's lawyer?  Didn't he tell Lucy last week that Julian was a loser that he didn't want to deal with?

You're asking for continuity when it involves JulianHate? After all, Julian pushed Carly down the stairs and shot Dante in the chest.

11 hours ago, In2You said:

None of the stuff they ever say about Bensonhurst on this show is ever believable. Including the idea that it was all good times for Sonny back in the day there. 

Except for Deke. But knowing Show, I expect Krappy Koffee Kafe will have "Blue Lives Matter" and "Black Lives Matter" signs, and no one will blink an eye because Sonny supports everyone.

Let me get this straight.... Spinelli, who can launder all of the mobster's money clean electronically, can break into any and all firewalls and can hack into any computer even without needing a commercial, can crack any code and delve any information to convict enemies of the Moobster...... was outsmarted technically by Vince Gilligan at his IT side job?

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Let me get this straight.... Spinelli, who can launder all of the mobster's money clean electronically, can break into any and all firewalls and can hack into any computer even without needing a commercial, can crack any code and delve any information to convict enemies of the Moobster...... was outsmarted technically by Vince Gilligan at his IT side job?

This would work if Spinelli, automatically assuming Vince Gilligan would never be able to come close to the thoroughly established genius of the Jackal, half-assed the work and left himself open to discovery. One line, Claudette calling her geek to thank him, and telling him she had been right about them being underestimated, and we have Claudette outmaneuvering Maxie at her own game, and thereby becoming a more interesting foe. In my head, this all adds layers and complexity to the plot ;)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

Fuck Claud.

• Love 2

Maxie did mutter something about Spinelli telling her to check it before  using it, but, considering how she was discovered, I'm not sure what good checking would have done. Way to half-ass it, writers. It would have been better if Maxie had said something about being told that it might or might not work. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Hee. They sort of explained this with the e-mail that was supposed to immediately become untraceable. But I was thinking the same thing even with the explanation. 

1 hour ago, CompltelySweet said:

Claudette calling her geek

Hilariously, it was the Crimson geek, not even someone from the outside. 

• Love 3

Sonny, you throwing a tantrum because Kristina told Alexis about Parker and Parker's gender is probably exactly why she didn't tell you... *rolls eyes*

Sonny: You can say what you want about what I do with my life, but I do my best to put my children first!

Was that what you were doing when you in cold blood killed Michael's father and slept with Morgan's girlfriend and got her pregnant?

• Love 19

Jason is a pilot now? Not a good one, shockingly.

I loved Lulu explaining the water landing like a flight attendant and Ava's hilarious response 'that doesn't matter we're gonna die'.

Aaron needs time to process? Give me a break. They weren't exclusive and you're trying to sell a 20ish guy as caring about Kristina being sexually fluid. C'mon writers it's 2016 not 1916. Have him try to perv his way into a threesome and I'll find that believable.

• Love 13
(edited)

So in a few episodes, we learn Jason can fly planes and Sonny went clubbing as a kid and knew lots of THE GAYS.

Right now Guza is weeping.  Cursing he never thought these plot points up himself and overjoyed that there are writers who rub themselves off to his babies just as much as he used to do.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Vella said:

So in a few episodes, we learn Jason can fly planes and Sonny went clubbing as a kid and knew lots of THE GAYS.

Right now Guza is weeping.  Cursing he never thought these plot points up himself and overjoyed that there are writers who rub themselves off to his babies just as much as he used to do.

The sad thing is, I don't think they do. It feels so perfunctory. Guza did it out of love. They do it because they think that's what the GH audience wants.

• Love 8