Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Oh, okay. Then they SORASed her a little closer to NLG's age. The conspicuous "35" statement in the Sexis period was quite the chatter topic. It got a big collective snort from the S/C fans. Grahn was 43 at that time.  

3 hours ago, In2You said:

I've said that before about this show. Too many times people are having conversations with family members  that you would have with you're close best friends.  But there's no friendships on this show. Who in real life chats away about their sex lives with the parents and siblings?

This post is so dead on that I usually would ask you to marry me.

However, given the nature of the post, I believe the appropriate question is "Will you be my friend?"

• Love 5

I don't get why Griffin is confiding so completely in Anna about the reasons for his temporary suspension from the priesthood. He didn't know Dewq, his Dad, but we are supposed to believe that because Anna and Dewq were married, Griffin would feel so close to Anna, a relative stranger, that he would bare his most personal feelings and mistakes to her? To make matters worse, Anna responds with her typical grunts, negative body language, and squinting sideways looks that may be effective when interrogating dangerous prisoners, but should be off-putting in these intensely personal conversations with the priest.

Meanwhile, Nathan's tolerance of Maxie's manufactured drama and sarcastic rudeness about the wedding gown and preparations warned of a depressing future for their marriage. It was impossible to avoid wincing when Maxie screamed at Nathan for accidentally seeing her dress. When he came home early from work to surprise her, Maxie exploded, blowing up the incident as bad luck and a reason to discard the gown, which had been difficult to find and procure. By ignoring Maxie's Bridezilla ways, Nathan is accepting a deep layer of Maxie's character that will cause him pain and unpleasant uproar countless times in their married life. If they have any children, she will give them a parental example of rude sarcasm and volatile anger, disrespecting their father.

• Love 1

Dillon says he admires Kaka because she has many wonderful qualities LMAO. Stop it. 

Anna has faith in he legal system...which is why she tried to murder Carlos. 

Claud needs to be killed before she makes it to town. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And Kiki totally seemed like she's only giving Morgan a chance anyway because she feels if she doesn't he'll go off his meds again. 

And I think Morgan knows this and is using it, regardless of what he's telling everyone. Gross.

• Love 11

Anna is the WORST.  Who the fuck but a NUTCASE just walks into another person's house and stands there while said person is asleep on the couch and just WAITS until said person wakes up in a fright and the immediately starts harping on about Julian confessing and wearing a wire?  And that's after having a bitchy, full of fake concern conversation with equally awful Sonny about EVUL JULIAN.  Morgan and Carly were insufferable shits too. A banger day for the Corinthii fungus.

• Love 11

Kiki is clearly staying with Morgan out of a sense of obligation, which actually makes me happy because it means she doesn't have the same feelings for him and will realize what a catch Dillon really is.  

• Love 10

Welcome to Paraphrase Hospital:

Julian:  Pee on a stick

Alexis;  No

Julian;  pee on a stick

Alexis, Ok, here, now confess

Julian;  nope

Carly;  How dare you step out on my precious Morgan.  He's fragile damn it.

Kiki:  I was shot and almost died and was scared of my own shadow and Dillon was sweet to me...

Carly:  Yeah, yeah, shot, jumping at shadows, nice guy helps, whatever, have I mentioned that Morgan is FRAGILE.  Fragile damn it.

Finn  I'm dying of a no name disease where there is no cure and no funding to find a cure.

Hayden:  <woobie eyes>  

Finn:  My dealer sends me stuff to GH, instead of my home where it would make more sense

Hayden:  I will totally go to GH and find the mail conveniently sitting at the nurses desk where anyone can come back and help themselves and get it for you.  

• Love 16
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Welcome to Paraphrase Hospital:

You forgot this one: 

Nina: I'm so upset about you and Elizabeth that I'm going to paraphrase the lines from a song that I couldn't possibly know since I was in a coma when it came out.

Franco: I'm going to respond by quoting Bill Clinton which you also wouldn't know about since you were in a coma. Then I'm going to make faces that will make the audience wonder if I'm angry or hurt.

Nina: Then I'll stand in an elevator and we'll argue some more about the same thing we've argued about before but this time I'll actually add some insights and then I'll tell you we're done again.

Franco: I've hit my minimums for the week. OK.

Edited by rur
  • Love 11

Yeah, I wasn't really sure how they were going to play the latest Corinthos-versus-Quatermaine love triangle. I was looking to today's show, with all three characters in the same place, to be determinative. I have no doubt now that Killon is the root-for couple, at least for the next year or so. Unless Kiki did the Kelly Taylor "I choose me" move, whichever guy walked out of that scene rejected and unhappy would be the long-range guy to watch. She would hug the one that was left and we'd get the patented "eyes of uncertainty over the shoulder" shot. And we got it, plus a lingering look at Bry-Dawg's back hair.  

That analogy about a kid running with scissors was such a WTF moment. That's a dliemma? There's an argument for letting children run with scissors, because if they stab themselves, they learn a valuable lesson? Nurse Amy fascinates me. The actress is pretty funny, although it skirts that line of offensiveness where things are supposed to be funnier because she's a bigger woman (like "He could interrogate me all night long" about a guy we're supposed to think is way out of her league).

I laughed at Hayden's frustrated "Why is she always around?" about Liz. Because it's where she works? Now I look forward to seeing how on earth she's supposed to get a needle and syringe to Finn in jail.  

Nina and Franco...make it stop. They just aren't important enough or interesting enough to have emotional breakup scenes every month.  

• Love 8
(edited)
52 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Kiki is clearly staying with Morgan out of a sense of obligation, which actually makes me happy because it means she doesn't have the same feelings for him and will realize what a catch Dillon really is

Catch? Dilion is a virtual stalker. He's the kind of controlling stalker boyfriend who evolves into an abusive partner. He's already isolating Kiki from others and guilting her into doing what he wants. Dillon gives me chills all over, and not the good kind. He won't let up. He questions Kiki's judgment even as he demands that she should make a decision that accommodates his own timing. He's virtually gaslighting her. And she's not the first woman in PC whom he's intimidated and rushed with those tactics. He's like Tracy his mother in his ruthlessness and arrogant entitled attitude. Dillon thinks he is entitled to Kiki,and he's determined to rush them into a relationship.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Dilion is a virtual stalker. He's the kind of controlling stalker boyfriend who evolves into an abusive partner. He's already isolating Kiki from others and guilting her into doing what he wants. Dillon gives me chills all over, and not the good kind. He won't let up. He questions Kiki's judgment even as he demands that she should make a decision that accommodates his own timing.

If you cross out Dillon and replace it with Morgan then I agree. Asking Dillon to stay away from her and that they shouldn't be friends was uncalled for. Morgan may be more stable now but he is rushing back into things with Kiki way too fast.

On a superficial note, Liz looks pretty in bright red scrubs and Nina's hairstylist needs to rethink that style.

• Love 12
Just now, lovelynn said:

He's already isolating Kiki from others and guilting her into doing what he wants.

Yep, Morgan does seem to fit the stalker description to a certain extent also. And his mother Carly is at least as overpowering as Tracy any day of the week too. Imagine the ugly feeling when the spectre of an irate Carly stomps up like a T-Rex and snarls orders to treat her baby boy right. If Kiki had been more experienced, she could have cut Carly down to size instead of gulping like a goldfish out of water.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Doesn't Alexis have a felt-tipped pen in her ginormous purse to change the minus to a plus?

Shades of Lindsay Rappaport changing her daughters pregnancy test on OLTL. 

• Love 2

Does the show get that both Morgan and Dillon are crowding Kiki and disrespecting her right to make a choice between them? Or are we supposed to think that they are both madly in love with the Keeks, and that the whole situation is soooo blissfully romantic? Neither man understands that true love takes time to develop and is based on mutually pleasant experiences. Both of them see it as a power struggle, with Kiki as the prize of their dog fight. And Carly clearly sees the  struggle in those terms too.

Isn't the show itself smarter than that?

• Love 2

Thanks to @Perkie and @rur for summarizing all the parts I didn't watch so I don't have to even contemplate watching them.

I kinda like this story where Kiki feels obligated to Morgan. It could actually be a really good, interesting story character-wise, for her, Morgan, and Dillon. Of course it will actually be shit, but still, the potential is there.

• Love 12

Catch? Dilion is a virtual stalker. He's the kind of controlling stalker boyfriend who evolves into an abusive partner. He's already isolating Kiki from others and guilting her into doing what he wants. Dillon gives me chills all over, and not the good kind. He won't let up. He questions Kiki's judgment even as he demands that she should make a decision that accommodates his own timing. He's virtually gaslighting her. And she's not the first woman in PC whom he's intimidated and rushed with those tactics. He's like Tracy his mother in his ruthlessness and arrogant entitled attitude. Dillon thinks he is entitled to Kiki,and he's determined to rush them into a relationship.

Wow, totally don't see that, at least, not yet.  

Doesn't Alexis have a felt-tipped pen in her ginormous purse to change the minus to a plus?

What minus?  The pregnancy test showed two lines, which meant positive.  

• Love 4
(edited)

If only Kiki had a frrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiieeeennnnnnnnnnddddd to talk to about her Dillon vs. Morgan quandary...

ETA...I would DIE if she tried to talk to Michael about it.  "So who should I be banging, your brother or your cousin?"

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 14

Lord, my Rage Against The Corinthoses was at all time high after these last couple of eps. What a bunch of asshats. I wonder how long until they drag Avery into their pool of deep, dark entitlement. I agree with the post up-thread that the Dillon/Kiki/Morgan story could have potential, but this is GH, so...

I'm not even sure how to comment on most of the rest of the current story lines. It's all such a mess.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Perkie said:

What minus?  The pregnancy test showed two lines, which meant positive.  

So Alexis is a medical marvel, even for a soap: The first woman (that I know of) to go through menopause and STILL get pregnant. Uffda.

I caught Franco's Clinton quote, but the song Nina quoted from the time she was supposed to have been in a coma got by me. What was it, "If you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it"? 

So Alexis is a medical marvel, even for a soap: 

No.  I'm mostly spoiler free, but I'm pretty sure she isn't pregnant but she, Sonny and Anna came up with this plan to make him think she was so he'd confess.  I'm pretty sure the test was bought off of a pregnant woman to help fool Julian.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Perkie said:

No.  I'm mostly spoiler free, but I'm pretty sure she isn't pregnant but she, Sonny and Anna came up with this plan to make him think she was so he'd confess.  I'm pretty sure the test was bought off of a pregnant woman to help fool Julian.  

I really hope this is the case. I know of the plan, but that test is throwing me off. I recall when Another World had Rachel Cory pregnant - with twins! - and that was just as ridiculous.

It's as if soaps don't think older women can be sexy unless da babiez are still an option...

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

It's as if soaps don't think older women can be sexy unless da babiez are still an option...

I don't really think that's the case. We don't really know for sure if Alexis is truly pregnant. Plus, the only examples I've seen of older women getting pregnant on a soap is Rachel Cory and Marlena from Days of Our Lives. So it's not like they pull this all the time. Given that older women can get pregnant in real life - though I assume it's rare - it happening once in a blue moon on a soap feels kind of realistic. It's certainly not the most unrealistic thing this soap has ever pulled.

Did Alexis actually have menopause or not? I remember vaguely some point that Alexis thought she might be, but I can't remember if it was ever stated outright that she did. And just because she had menopause like symptoms doesn't mean that's what it was.

Oh no! Will Michael Easton's character die and then be brought back in 6 months???

Nina is in

tol

er

ble

She kept saying she was gone and yet she was still talking.

Listening to Finn snort and huff wasn't much less annoying either

Look, I'm not hating on Sonny and Carly here, there was sincerely no good reason for Carly and Sonny to be talking about Morgan. We don't need the exposition. We know Morgan is fragile. 

I wish Dillon pointed out that it was Dante's cheating and not his meddling that messed up Dante and Lulu's relationship.

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I don't really think that's the case. We don't really know for sure if Alexis is truly pregnant. Plus, the only examples I've seen of older women getting pregnant on a soap is Rachel Cory and Marlena from Days of Our Lives. So it's not like they pull this all the time. Given that older women can get pregnant in real life - though I assume it's rare - it happening once in a blue moon on a soap feels kind of realistic. It's certainly not the most unrealistic thing this soap has ever pulled.

Did Alexis actually have menopause or not? I remember vaguely some point that Alexis thought she might be, but I can't remember if it was ever stated outright that she did. And just because she had menopause like symptoms doesn't mean that's what it was.

no, I think they dropped it before anyone said outright she had menopause. I think Sonny may have said something like "uh maybe you have menopause" and Alexis said no, no, and then it got dropped.

I think they dropped it before anyone said outright she had menopause

They treated the storyline like it had cooties and it was a deep dark secret that women go through menopause.  It was the wierdest non story.  

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

They dropped the menopause story.

2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

It may have been dropped, but Alexis was still shown with the usual symptoms, so this is still ridiculous.

They may have stopped continuing to tell us all about Alexis's menopause, but they showed us -- a few years ago -- Alexis relaying her menopause symptoms. So unless she somehow put that whole process on "pause" for years -- in which case I need to talk to her and get some pointers -- she's been through it.

Alexis talking about being pregnant reminds me of this scene:

Edited by Francie
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Francie said:

They may have stopped continuing to tell us all about Alexis's menopause, but they showed us -- a few years ago -- Alexis relaying her menopause symptoms. So unless she somehow put that whole process on "pause" for years -- in which case I need to talk to her and get some pointers -- she's been through it.

But just because she had the symptoms doesn't mean it was definitively menopause. I would think. Just like just because I have symptoms of appendicitis, and look up the symptoms on WebMD, doesn't mean that's what it is. It doesn't seem like it was stated definitively, so there's certainly wiggle room, especially on a medium where we see people die and then miraculously come back.

• Love 1

I'm glad they dropped the menopause story, because it was awful and insulting, as it usually the case with GH and these kinds of stories. Alexis runs around wondering why she's hot all the time (and it's played totally for laughs), and fucking SONNY has to tell her she's going through menopause? 

LOL at Liz seeing Franco at the hospital and immediately running away. I would, too.

Sonny talking to Anna about Julian was such a joke. Sonny uses the people he loves just as much as Julian does.

I don't know why Alexis doesn't threaten to get rid of the baby if Julian doesn't confess. You want answers? Play hardball, Alexis.

The Finn stuff was deeply stupid.

I really hate that it's going to be Lauren's fault when Morgan loses it again. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

The ONLY way this entirely too-long story would have any redeeming value for me right now would be if DA Hornsby would find an irrefutable way for Sonny to be accused of killing Carlos. Some sudden information, maybe a doctored film of the dock with Carlos screaming "No, Sonny, no.  Don't stab me again and again with Alexis's dagger while wearing latex gloves!"  A film that Spinelli or Sam couldn't debunk and that could send Sonny away for a long, long time (maybe in the same cell as Dr. Finn and his withdrawal screaming).

Because watching Sonny being locked up for something like that might actually be fun.  Then they could cancel GH before he gets out and AJ can come dance outside his cell.

yes, I'm putting that out in the universe. 

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I caught Franco's Clinton quote, but the song Nina quoted from the time she was supposed to have been in a coma got by me. What was it, "If you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it"? 

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard. 

(Yes, that was the metaphor used in the song.  I may not have the pronouns and articles right, though.)

Edited by rur
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The Finn stuff was deeply stupid.

This sl is sooooo bad and I cannot bear to watch Finn suffering or Hayden's clumsy antics trying to save him. Such a contrived unlikely plot: he's dying because her dad's financial schemes caused the medical research foundation Finn was using to collapse, and now Finn has trouble getting his medicine. No human interest or romantic etc in this story. Just protracted suffering.

I think the Show is desperate to keep the actress who plays Hayden on screen as much as possible, but her sl collapsed when the Nik actor left abruptly. The actress is somebody's pet favorite, as Sabrina was a fave or related to some Disney honcho, so we are being forced to put up with this stupid and depressing sl just to keep Hayden Pet Princess on stage with something to do.

• Love 2

Poor Sonny.  Because, yes, you having to tell her daughters that Julian killed Alexis would be the worst part of that situation.  How does he bear up under the strain...

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Perkie said:

They treated the storyline like it had cooties and it was a deep dark secret that women go through menopause.  It was the wierdest non story.  

The only thing I remember about it was Diane raving about how great it would be to be free from worry of pregnancy over sex. I guess I had blocked out the Sonny part, because obvi. I'm actually not minding the current storyline, NLG is doing a really good job these last two days.

Morgan is a complete and total douchebag, and I hope he cheats again and gets a venereal disease from it.

I burst out laughing when Dr. Michael Easton was acting out his symptoms. Pretty sure that wasn't supposed to happen. And not that I give a flying rat's ass, but who is taking care of his stupid pet while he's jailed and dying?

Nina was almost back to full REPENT! today.

Why is Carly's hair that color? It's so distracting to see the dark underneath all that blonde.

The rest was offensive to my eyes. SERIAL KILLER / Liar, Anna shackled with Sonny, just gross. And I'm dreading this Claudette thing. It just feels already like a Nina repeat. As if the current one isn't bad enough.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I burst out laughing when Dr. Michael Easton was acting out his symptoms. Pretty sure that wasn't supposed to happen.

Reminded me of the vampire hammily dying at the end of the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie.

• Love 7

Slow clap for FV and the writers for this episode.

• Appearance by either Sonny, Carly, or Jason - check.
  • Man threatening woman - check.
  • Doctor in Jail and Two Mob bosses (that love their children) roam free - check.
  • Law enforcement personnel asking Sonny for advice - check.
  • Using commercials as a time to reset the same dialogue for the following segment - check.
  • Love 18