Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I can't believe that I can't wait to see Sonny waving a gun around and threatening to kill Paul in a whisper shout. Paul really deserves a railing for all the crap he pulled.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I can't believe that I can't wait to see Sonny waving a gun around and threatening to kill Paul in a whisper shout. Paul really deserves a railing for all the crap he pulled.

I agree, but I'd rather see Jordan, Dante, Nathan, Anna, any of these guys take out Paul first. ugh Sonny get out of the waaaay.

• Love 6

I personally accept Anna's anger, I really do. I also accept her being irritated with Griffin for not "letting it slip" that he was a priest. Griffin didn't owe her that revelation, of course, but I think Anna rightfully believed they had developed a certain level of trust and closeness, largely because of their mutual connection to Duke, that they could both trust each other enough to share anything. So this was a not so nice surprise for her. I mean, all of a sudden Carlos is dying and it's like OOPS! I'm a priest, rather conveniently. Anyway, I'm ready for the rest of Griffin's life story as it pertains to Maxie, Nathan , and possibly Claudette!

• Love 1

I am in mourning for Carrrlos.  And for  Anna Devane.  She has jumped the shark.  In fact, Anna was lucky enough to not have killed Carrrlos, then she confesses to attempted murder, after she hunts him down, bringing him back and thus causing his death.  Duke was not worth all that.

• Love 8
(edited)
7 minutes ago, bannana said:

I am in mourning for Carrrlos.  And for  Anna Devane.  She has jumped the shark.  In fact, Anna was lucky enough to not have killed Carrrlos, then she confesses to attempted murder, after she hunts him down, bringing him back and thus causing his death.  Duke was not worth all that.

How can you say that? He's been on since 1978, has won the most emmys for the show, was on the cover of newsweek! Sure, he was infuriating a lot of the time, but love him or hate him, Duke was an iconic character. Duke deserves this much remembrance and more. It's not like he was on originally 25 years ago and made a really awkward return with sporadic appearances for two and a half years!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Syndicate said:

I personally accept Anna's anger, I really do. I also accept her being irritated with Griffin for not "letting it slip" that he was a priest. Griffin didn't owe her that revelation, of course, but I think Anna rightfully believed they had developed a certain level of trust and closeness, largely because of their mutual connection to Duke, that they could both trust each other enough to share anything.

Weren't Anna and Griffin interrupted in their tete-a-tete just when they were going to start confiding, after the tango? They both got telephone calls I believe. So Anna should just SFU and refrain from bad-mouthing Griffin. Maybe he was planning to tell her then.

About 20 years ago I got last rites (anointing of the sick) before an operation. Thus I am somewhat familiar with the procedure. What Griffin said and did was much abbreviated from what I remember. Holy oil was involved, and about 15 minutes of prayers at least. I don't know if Griffin had any of the proper oil, but he did abbreviate the rite (possibly because Carlos was dying). I remember that Confession and the Lord's prayer are included (and Griffin included those).

• Love 1

Well, I'm caught up now. UGH. I don't even know what to say. I really don't. Well, I need some levity - I will say that. Everything is so dark and dreary and doom and gloom. Can we have one happy story please?

Anna needs to get laid, BAD. Maybe that would solve her issues. I didn't have as much of a problem of what she was saying as I did for her being in the room in the first place. Neither her or Sonny should have been there. But it's Sonny, so no surprise there of course. And I detest him complimenting her and them even being around each other without her wanting to punch him in the face.

I think in the last handful of shows, MSt has actually been rather restrained.

Not looking forward to Alexis screeching on Monday. Hello, YOU'VE BEEN THERE BEFORE.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Oh yeah, Anna was wrong, but I get the emotion behind her actions.  I comprehend her losing her mind at that moment, probably because Anna isn't a character that would normally do such a thing.   Which is cool.   No matter the writing, FH has portrayed her as having the appropriate emotion imo.  That's one of my biggest problems with Sonny.   The writing needs to decide-  is he the hero or villain and not go back because it's time to finally move to the next generation.   The mob is played out.  A criminal strutting into a jail and threatening inmates is preposterous.   This whole situation is Sonny's fault-  as far back as Robin being kidnapped.  Why?  Because Sonny hired a brain damaged kid to be an enforcer and then messed with his family for...reasons.   That enforcer was shot and "killed" protecting Sonny's ill gotten empire.  Robin was kidnapped to save the enforcer's life.  Sonny played on the emotions of Duke, as he does often, hiring him to be in the mob.   This escalated the stalemate mob war between him and Julian.  Duke and Anna seperated.   Sonny murdered AJ and went to prison,  putting Duke in charge.  Duke put a hit on Jordan because Anna wanted to bring the mob down.  That's why Julian put a hit on Duke.  Duke died, now Carlos is dead, Michael is heartbroken again, Anna has lost her shit and is facing criminal charges. So is Julian.  But who's not?   Sonny.  So how the fuck is he the good guy?  Even Paul nor Ava's hands are this dirty.    I get Ava killing Connie now because Sonny would have murdered Julian, but clearly Julian called his bluff and surprised him. Sonny isn't used to that.   And please, let's mention threatening pregnant Ava, kidnapping her, and banging Olivia before Connie's body was cold.   So how is Sonny a hero?  I get liking a character.  Huge Todd Manning fan here. But he was never ever a hero.  Ever.  Loved Dorian Lord, but a heroine she was not.  And that is my end rant. Thank you. 

The writing has already decided a long, long time ago and reached the point of no return when Sonny murdered AJ, the show runners and the writers haven't realized it yet.

• Love 7

I ventured in from the barge today and watched some of Friday's episode.

I got about 10 minutes in before I turned it off in disgust.

Man, has this show gone down the shitter.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Weren't Anna and Griffin interrupted in their tete-a-tete just when they were going to start confiding, after the tango? They both got telephone calls I believe. So Anna should just SFU and refrain from bad-mouthing Griffin. Maybe he was planning to tell her then.

About 20 years ago I got last rites (anointing of the sick) before an operation. Thus I am somewhat familiar with the procedure. What Griffin said and did was much abbreviated from what I remember. Holy oil was involved, and about 15 minutes of prayers at least. I don't know if Griffin had any of the proper oil, but he did abbreviate the rite (possibly because Carlos was dying). I remember that Confession and the Lord's prayer are included (and Griffin included those).

Holy oil is usually olive oil mixed with a bit of balm oil, but it could be any oil as long as it is blessed by a priest. Since Griffin is a priest any oil would work as long as it was blessed.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I didn't have as much of a problem of what she was saying as I did for her being in the room in the first place. Neither her or Sonny should have been there. But it's Sonny, so no surprise there of course.

Yet again, General Hospital seems to be lacking security completely.  Anna in particular could be called out for interfering with the doctor's treatment of the patient. I worked as a trained volunteer in a big ER in my city, and we always had a cop on the premises. Violence can be pulled from the streets into the ER when the patient(s) and families come in. Emotions can run very high from onlookers in the ER and its waiting rooms.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Well, I need some levity - I will say that. Everything is so dark and dreary and doom and gloom. Can we have one happy story please?

+100. Are there any happy stories right now? I guess maybe Dante/Lulu but I ignore them so it doesn't count!

Oh well there's Dillon/Kiki. More of that please tbh.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

+100. Are there any happy stories right now? I guess maybe Dante/Lulu but I ignore them so it doesn't count!

Would naked Franco or Heather's salad paintings count because that's all I really got?   They aren't even giving us Lizard now.   I watch a lot of weird stuff and GH is probably the most depressing thing I watch because there's no hope for any character on this show at all.  I can't invest in anyone because they lose to Sonny or get ruined by Sonny or they're never on.   Sigh.   

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Would naked Franco or Heather's salad paintings count because that's all I really got?   They aren't even giving us Lizard now.   I watch a lot of weird stuff and GH is probably the most depressing thing I watch because there's no hope for any character on this show at all.  I can't invest in anyone because they lose to Sonny or get ruined by Sonny or they're never on.   Sigh.   

I don't like anyone. I hate the mobsters. and their mob molls. I am  surprised at Anna. She was always a favorite of mine. Not anymore. Just seeing her in scenes with Sonny, makes me dislike her more. TIIC couldn't do any more damage to the show than they have. The ratings for the beginning May sweeps are showing it.In the toilet again.Where is Laura ?  Didn't I read somewhere she had returned ? 

As for the NB  ,they should splice some old ones together and do them over.The last two were a slap in the face to the old ones and the fans.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Dante/Lulu are less happy and more of a dumb story. Like my "really?" reaction overwhelms any happy.

I don't care about Dillon/Kiki, but Morgan making his sulky duck lip face at them will be funny.

• Love 3

What? Carly and Finn's "we're friends everyone!" trying-so-damned-hard isn't setting the soap world on fire? Carly's fake laugh of horror  when she's in scenes with him doesn't make you swoon?  Franco/Nina? The mumbling duo of Smug (you know who I'm referring to, don't you?)?  Sabrina and her stalker? Anna and her dead mobster? Those black people?  And the other ones that are equally memorable?

I am shocked people aren't enjoying the buffet GH is serving.

• Love 4

Well I'm enjoying the hell out of Jason and Sam.....Killy are just magic together, so I can overlook some of the awful writing/pacing.

I also don't hate Dillon and Kiki.

I am kind of digging Curtis and Hayden's friendship.

The rest.....meh.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't care about Dillon/Kiki, but Morgan making his sulky duck lip face at them will be funny.

The possibility of Morgan sulking is really the only thing I find even potentially interesting about  Dillon/Kiki.

• Love 2
On 5/14/2016 at 3:34 PM, testardo said:

The question I have is, If Jason had dropped the car on Dante would Sonny have put a hit out on him ?

Shawn is still in prison.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 4:03 PM, CoolWhipLite said:

Julian is THE WORST at cleaning and hiding a murder weapon.

Fixed that. At least from my perspective.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Francie said:

Julian is THE WORST at cleaning and hiding a murder weapon.

From the get-go, Julian has never seemed credible to me as mob-connected or as a mob boss. He's always appeared low-key and harmless as a TV golf pro until he stabbed that dagger into Carlos. I never picked up any subtle danger vibes from him. When he did finally commit a violent crime, he seemed so amateur at covering it up and anticipating police tests on the weapon (for example, tracing blood on cleaned objects and in rooms by spreading chemicals that mark the evidence with a glow.)

As icing on the cake, Alexis figured out the murder instrument very quickly and confronted him with it.  Even if Julian has had hit men working for him on the dirty details, he still seems unfamiliar and amateur himself. (My impression from watching the Sopranos was that usually mob bosses come up from the ranks and have "made their bones" much earlier.) The Julian character fails as a mobster and renders the whole storyline fake, unproven, and poorly executed.

Will DeVry plays villain business guy well.   Just like MSt plays adult woman decently.  I really don't think anyone on any soap can play "mob" in today's world.   They're confusing "gangster "  with "gangsta".  Might I suggest some 90s rap to them in the form of deceased artists Tupac Shakur or Biggie Smalls, both of whom are dead?  Would they like to hear the stories of producer Suge Knight, currently a subject of very juicy gossip and in prison again?  Or maybe late rapper Eazy E, deceased from AIDS?  Oh, perhaps they were thinking of producer/artist Dr. Dre who went "legit" , and they can be directed towards the gossip about him?  Notice how none of these men are really like Sonny, nor are they pillars of their communities.   But they have contributed more to society.   

On 5/14/2016 at 9:49 PM, CreamedPeas said:

I'm going to find someone in here who gets a kick out of Sonny if it's the last thing I do!!!!

I love Sonny-sorry not sorry. Ulkis has tried to video diary it out of me but only time I couldn't hang with him was young Sonny hooking that nurse on drugs to make her a stripper.eekk.

I don't think Sonny is a good person though so all the tongue bathing he has been getting lately is even a little much for me.

Even my husband enjoys watching Sonny on the off times he watches with me. Sonny is adorable. I thought he was good in the Carlos death scene b/c he was respectful of death but still hated Carlos and was glad he was dead.

On 5/15/2016 at 10:58 PM, tvgoddess said:

Anna needs to get laid, BAD. Maybe that would solve her issues.

I think that was her whole issue with Dr. Duke's son being a priest. She was going all Mrs. Robinson on him just to be cockblocked by GOD. LOL

I really loved Nickolas and Liz what a couple of tools. Liz is a bitch and love when she just lets it all hang out. Why was a prince lounging around in his gym clothes? Spencer would have none of that!

I can't stand Hayden and Curtis. Why was she wearing street clothes to box? They are so smarmy. Wah Wah Wah Hayden STFU!

• Love 5

One thing I appreciate about Julian is that he's not afraid to do the dirty work himself. Sonny goes all dainty and has his minions do it. I suppose that's one way we know he's the "good" mobster, but it makes me think he's actually weak. He's going to get away with it no matter who does it, so why not show Sonny being more active than making phone calls and whispery threats?

28 minutes ago, Cattitude said:

Why was she wearing street clothes to box?

At least she took off her high heels before getting into the ring. Heh.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Cattitude said:

I love Sonny-sorry not sorry. Ulkis has tried to video diary it out of me but only time I couldn't hang with him was young Sonny hooking that nurse on drugs to make her a stripper.eekk.

I don't think Sonny is a good person though so all the tongue bathing he has been getting lately is even a little much for me.

Even my husband enjoys watching Sonny on the off times he watches with me. Sonny is adorable. I thought he was good in the Carlos death scene b/c he was respectful of death but still hated Carlos and was glad he was dead.

I think that was her whole issue with Dr. Duke's son being a priest. She was going all Mrs. Robinson on him just to be cockblocked by GOD. LOL

I really loved Nickolas and Liz what a couple of tools. Liz is a bitch and love when she just lets it all hang out. Why was a prince lounging around in his gym clothes? Spencer would have none of that!

I can't stand Hayden and Curtis. Why was she wearing street clothes to box? They are so smarmy. Wah Wah Wah Hayden STFU!

Karen Wexler was a medical student who became a doctor, Cattitude!  A doctor!   And I would like a video diary too because that sounds really, really cool.  But I love Curtis.   He's awesome, cool, and hot.   I dgaf about whatever her name is.  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Karen Wexler was a medical student who became a doctor, Cattitude!  A doctor!   And I would like a video diary too because that sounds really, really cool.  But I love Curtis.   He's awesome, cool, and hot.   I dgaf about whatever her name is.  

Ulkis' background files and pictures are stuff of legends. Except no one has been able to produce the AJ meat hook scene. I even tried on my own to find it on youtube with no luck. But please don't ask for pictures of Dante's bad hair! eek!

I can't get with Curtis b/c I'm an old school lover of Shemar Moore and I find Curtis' mannerisms a poor man's SM. Not to mention he makes Jordan become very unlikable. He is like Shawn without the mob ties. Jordan needs to be BAMF again.

I'm sad now that Carlooos and his hair of wonder is dead we will still be searching for Sabrina. In the story of Michael/Carlos/Sabrina she was the leg I cared less about. Boo!

• Love 5
(edited)
On 4/29/2016 at 5:45 PM, dubbel zout said:

Jason being fought over by two women is so much more interesting than Jason discovering he had been a hit man and wondering if he still wants to do that. /sarcasm

It was a typical Sonny conversation, though: All about him and his needs. He sort of alluded to it, but I'm surprised he didn't tell Jason than he took him in when no one else would and gave him a job. And then we get Sonny and Carly bemoaning this new Jason, as if they'll have nothing to do with him if he won't drop everything every time they need him for something. Which they'll likely do. Ugh.

Maybe we'll get a quad. Oh, joy. /more sarcasm

Sorry.  I had the links to the Sonny hanging AJ on a meat hook video, then my cat walked on the keyboard.   Anyway, I can't get it to post now, but the username was Simply Everything and it's two videos titled GH Sonny Hangs AJ On The Meat Hook.  It's way more messed up than I remembered.   

Edited by Chairperson Meow
  • Love 1

LOL that Jason's first memory of Sam is a tender one of her in a corset and high heels for undercover work at a strip club. What a romantic. And he remembers having emotions? When was that?

Ugh, Amy Vining 2.0 is terrible. Can she be a victim at the inevitable NB disaster, please? 

NLG probably had a good time with Alexis's freakout, but it was so OTT. And then clutching the bloody handkerchief to her face? Ew.

I loved how Carly scoffed at Alexis sticking by Julian, because if she'd left him, Carly would accuse her of being disloyal and not sticking by her family.

• Love 9

Can that new nurse be the next dead body on this show? She was outrageously nosy, rude, and gossipy today. I think even more so than her first appearance.

Also, Julian's emotional abuse of Alexis today was just disgusting. They're really going out of their way lately to portray him as this evil monster, so to speak. I do have to wonder why. 

• Love 6

I'm still, curiously, just fine with Thick Maxie.  'Twas good that Monica (and as of late Leslie Charleson has actually been looking decidedly less Botoxed and more, well, good) got to nail her once for being a blabbermouth, though.

The rest of the episode...other than Julian basically backing the bus up over himself, the thing that stuck out to me was NLG's mascara. I mean hey, the lady did just fine (if admittedly screechy), but damn.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Sorry.  I had the links to the Sonny hanging AJ on a meat hook video, then my cat walked on the keyboard.   Anyway, I can't get it to post now, but the username was Simply Everything and it's two videos titled GH Sonny Hangs AJ On The Meat Hook.  It's way more messed up than I remembered.   

I found them thanks posting in history thread, but just wanted to say AJ had one up on Anna as he at least knows how a freezer door works. So were the writers trying to say Anna is dumber than poor fat AJ?????

• Love 1

How many times is DNAJ going to run off or get hit by a car before he dies for real? Fuck.

I don't understand why Julian using the knife that was used to murder Alexis' mother to kill Carlos is so unthinkable. It's not like the knife has sentimental value to her. Anyways, Alexis' freakout was very ridiculous. If she were just mad that Julian rejoined the mob and lied about it that might be one thing, but she actually seems to be upset that her murdering mobster husband murdered another murdering mobster, and I just can't. She's been down this road too many times to be acting like this. 

LOL at Sonny saying he would never drag Carly into his mob business. 

That nurse needs to be murdered. 

Monica needs to have Freako fired.

The fallout from Jason getting his memory back continues to be massively underwhelming. He and Sam got like four minutes of screen time today.

• Love 12

Ditto to the Amy Vining 2.0 hate.  Being a gossip is one thing, but actively inserting herself into the situation between a parent and their young child?   Fire her ass, Monica.  

• Love 9

Elizabeth should have stuck her foot so far up Amy and Franco's ass, they could not shit for a year.   Jake needs his behind grounded for the next year.  How many times is this boy going to run off?!  

Alexis, this is what happens when you ride and die by Julian's dick!

Jason and Sam are just as lame now as they were the last time.  BM looks bored out of his mind.  What's the point of Jason telling and not showing us his previous memories?!  GH should have went whole hog and used SBu's face with the flashbacks while BM talked about his memories.

Once again Sam gets to say she made lots of mistakes, but the fucking show will NOT allow her to list each mistake one at a time!  

• Love 2

Liez doesnt even watch her zombie kid. She didnt even tell him about not seeing Franco before the appt. 

Jason getting his memories has been so underwhelming. 

If I never hear the words Duke/Carlos/Sabrina ever again it will be too soon.

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, Cattitude said:

This interpretation makes Anna's insanity more palatable tbh.

30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Tomorrow...LUCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And KEVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought of you when I saw them, of course!

Maybe I'm just in a good mood for some reason but I thought today's show was pretty decent.

The Sam/Jason stuff was legit some of the most boring scenes I have ever watched in my entire life. BM wants out. Bad. He is almost at JT levels of bored. And he's still 100% playing Jake Doe even though supposedly Jason has all his memories back. This story blows.

The second-hand embarrassment in the Alexis/Julian scenes was overwhelming. I was legit cringing.

I'm sorry but BH's gap/missing tooth is seriously so distracting for me. Every time she opens her mouth wide enough to see it it's all I can think about lol. I loved her top and shoes. And Liz was ok today except for that fact that she's basically a terrible mother and also that she should kill Franco yet she continues to spend time with him. Liz, girl, get a life!

Sonny was enjoyable. Sometimes MB's inability to remember even the simplest of lines is such a joy.

I continue to enjoy Finn. I even liked the Carly/Finn scenes. I hate myself.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 10
36 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I don't understand why Julian using the knife that was used to murder Alexis' mother to kill Carlos is so unthinkable. It's not like the knife has sentimental value to her. Anyways, Alexis' freakout was very ridiculous. If she were just mad that Julian rejoined the mob and lied about it that might be one thing, but she actually seems to be upset that her murdering mobster husband murdered another murdering mobster, and I just can't. She's been down this road too many times to be acting like this. 

Alexis's psyche has slid down the scale from competent attorney to the many cliches of hysterical wimmins. I enjoyed seeing her smug superiority crumble, yet I'm anxious to learn how her character will be rebuilt or at least glued back together. NLG's scenery-chewing got on my last nerve, but the Director may have been partially at fault.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

BM wants out. Bad. He is almost at JT levels of bored. 

All BM has to do now is grow a mullet and demand to perform one of his original shitty country music ballads.

• Love 4