Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Remember when it was considered a great storyline for a grown child to try and destroy a parent they feel ruined their lives? Good times. What's Michael's story these days? 

She was also to stupid to come anywhere near passing the course. This was her way of getting between Tony and Bobbie.I  don't think she has gotten any smarter. Michael never learned , he still thinks Sonny is good. Mykill has returned.Maybe because he has bad genes from his mother.

23 hours ago, ulkis said:
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

And of course there will never be any short jokes about Sonny. Just photoshopping him for promos like he's in the NBA. 

HOW ABOUT MIDGET MUMBLERS ?

And of course there will never be any short jokes about Sonny. Just photoshopping him for promos like he's in the NBA. 

I should have said, except Valentini and Mo. Except I think they know who Sonny is too, but Valentini thinks it will damage ratings or something, I don't know. But I don't think altman/Passanante/Valentini like Sonny particularly. 

the other characters may not hate him, but lots of us who have stopped watching certainly do.The fire of a thousand suns.

• Love 1

Whatever Nathan wants for the wedding, Maxie will hate/veto, so I don't know why they're having a conversation in the first place. Claudette is another conversation I'm super tired of.

Sonny's distaste for what Julian did to the witness is rich considering Sonny bribed the witness in the first place. You have no moral high ground here, Corinthos.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Good grief. Are they entirely incapable of behaving like adults/professionals?

Rhetorical question?

I'm gonna need Heatlifer to recap the episode for me on Monday because I was already cringing at the preview. And I lol'ed at Sonny's voice entreating Jason to get up cause Sonny's son needs him, and that's when I thought it was Michael. Poor Jason, Sonny's telling him he has to get up to help the son Jason doesn't even like.

Also that's what Dante gets for going on the ride along just to help out Sonny lol.

Lulu's top looked nice on her, although it's 40 and rainy in NJ, so it's probably even colder in upstate NY, so when I saw her and Carly I just kept thinking how they'd be freezing their butts off.

Jordan's calming whale sounds and Andre saying "your sad whale noises" were funny.

Maxie (to Lulu): We're totally in sync! 

Yes, a little too in sync. Meh. But anyway, I hope Nathan dumps Maxie flat on her ass for getting all pissy at him for wondering about Griffin and then sneaking around behind his back doing this. Not only cause then she'll be free, but because it's really disingenuous of her.

I totally forgot about Dr Finn's drug problem. I guess they *do* need to show it to the audience every two seconds. Or at least to me.

1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

Sonny was even more insufferable than usual today.Carly claiming that Alexis didn't care about her kids because Julian shot Sonny was ridclous.

This is why I skip Carly/Sonny scenes. Keeps the blood pressure lower.

Oh wait, I did watch the last Sonny/Carly scene. Gentle Wife Carly asking Sonny to please trust the justice system sounds fucking absurd, as absurd as if GH all of a sudden had unicorns and she was telling Sonny she was gonna fly her unicorn home and does he need her to pick up anything on the way home.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

To paraphase the Donald, Sonny could gun down half the town in plain sight of the other half of the town, and the survivors would still be singing his praises.

• Love 8

@ulkis Oh, I legit busted out laughing at the preview. I feel you there. But I really liked the sneak peek clip. 

Spoiler

Which you may still laugh at, lol, but I enjoy Billy and KMc and think they do a good job portraying JnR's connection. 

Run Carlos!!! Go to Sabrina and the baby! Make better choices!!!!  (If you are still alive)

I want TPTB to explain to me, once and for all, why Sonny is superior to all the other mobsters: why is what Sonny does okay, and others who do the exact same things are disgusting, amoral monsters? I don't understand. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I didn't cringe at  

Reveal hidden contents

Robin's part, so I think I can survive Jason and Robin interacting, but Sonny's warbly voiceover will kill me.

"I hope he doesn't remember when I shot Dante in the heart." 

• Love 5

You know I'm rough on Jason and I'm kinda meh on Dante right now, but if Jason remembered his part in trying to kill Dante and he went and apologized I would like him for a couple of days. :)

Jason: Uh, sorry about that time I helped your dad plan your death.

Dante: Oh, no problem. Me and my dad have had a lot of laughs over it! Makes for a great story at dinner parties!

15 minutes ago, Mrs OldManBalls said:

Run Carlos!!! Go to Sabrina and the baby! Make better choices!!!!  (If you are still alive)

I want TPTB to explain to me, once and for all, why Sonny is superior to all the other mobsters: why is what Sonny does okay, and others who do the exact same things are disgusting, amoral monsters? I don't understand. 

Dimples! Julian merely has abs. Pay attention, Mrs O!

• Love 9
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Mrs OldManBalls said:

Mr. OldManBalls, come get your wife.  She'll obviously never get it.  :P

Seriously, though.  Sonny said Julian poisons everything around him today.  Straight face.  Albeit this was right before he said to Jason's face that he wasn't the Jason he knew and who would never lie to him (bitch, what?) and way before he whined to Carly about it, so Sonny's usual mental impairment was even worse today, but still.  Not even Hamtaro quietly freaking out about his dead patient and Dante being stabbed with a pen could really offset the usual steady mobbin' pimping.  (Andre and Jordan giving Julexis a run for the sex money...well, at least we got him being cockblocked by a noise generator, so if I'm not getting Tea and Sympathy I'll take the comedy.)

Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Mrs OldManBalls said:

It must be the shoe polish. ;)

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, CreamedPeas said:

I started watching in the 80's the whole Luke and Laura rage. From there I've been in and out on my viewing over the years. I LOVED Luke and I LOVED Sonny. I still love Sonny' s cute little smile. Luke cracked me up when I watched him. Where did all the dislike for these two come from? By reading here, I understand that Sonny can do no wrong on the show but that's not his fault. It's how they write the role for him. 

Carly has too much hair. 

I don't think everyone here hates Luke and Sonny; most people hate them but I think there are a few people who just don't care enough to defend them. I'm in the second group; I used to love Luke in the '80s and I wasn't watching during Sonny's early years, but the last 15 years or so, I've been indifferent to both of them. Sonny is boring as hell to me, but I don't hate him, and Luke has only been slightly more interesting.

Carly does let her hair take over the universe every once in a while, but then tends to follow it up with a short cut that's really cute. And I covet her blow-outs; in its natural state her hair is really curly and mine is the same, but since I have neither a stylist who lives in my home nor the three arms required to straighten it myself, I just look at her shiny hair with envy since the best I can do with a blowdryer is make my hair look less large.

2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I don't know why I care so much, but wasn't Dr. O on Finn's case in the first place about keeping that elderly patient in the hospital unnecessarily? So, if he was sent home, he would still be dead?

Heh, yeah, she did a quick turnaround from "why did you admit this hypochondriac?" to "your negligence killed poor sick Mr. Day Player!" I assume Dr. O murdered lonely elderly guy with the intention of blaming his death on Finn after he humiliated her by discovering that she's basically a file clerk now.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 5
On April 29, 2016 at 4:45 PM, ulkis said:

NLG has looked nice this week.

Carlos: I thought you would take your husband's name, I'm old fashioned.

Don't women keep their last names in Latin countries?

In marriage, they would usually both keep their last name the same in Puerto Rico, but it differs in Latin American countries (which makes Carlos' comment rather odd); it's easy to forget Carlos is Puerto Rican (American) since that was part of the Sabrina/Patrick "storyline" that I'm sure most viewers brain bleached out of existence.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ciarra said:

Jake turned up alive in July 2015.  Now Carly is desperately trying to find out about Joss's possible black market kidney?  I think spending time with Finn is her strongest motivator.  "My hooha, look how it glitters."

RC should have killed off Silas, Nina, Franco, Madeline and several others and saved his August 2015 story to tell a well timed stolen organ ring.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The ep was preempted for me today for breaking news. Should I even bother trying to watch it online? @ulkis

Hmmmm. No. You might want to find the "next on GH" though!

8 minutes ago, Lobsel Vith said:

In marriage, they would usually both keep their last name the same in Puerto Rico, but it differs in Latin American countries (which makes Carlos' comment rather odd); it's easy to forget Carlos is Puerto Rican (American) since that was part of the Sabrina/Patrick "storyline" that I'm sure most viewers brain bleached out of existence.

Thanks for answering.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, CreamedPeas said:

Carly has too much hair.

Carly's abundant 'do makes her look like a platinum long-haired Persian cat. I'm itching to photoshop it, add a "grumpy cat" meme, and post on Facebook.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lillybee said:

Was Steven Lars around when Joss had her kidney transplant? Or Johnny Z. I kinda remember that there was something going on about black market organs.

I think so.

1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Carly's abundant 'do makes her look like a platinum long-haired Persian cat. I'm itching to photoshop it, add a "grumpy cat" meme, and post on Facebook.

Clearly, Carly is Smug Cat,  Griffin is Sad Cat, Sonny is Grumpy Cat, Michael is I Can Haz Cheeseburger Cat, Finn is that meme where the cat brags about waking you up at 3 AM, Dr O is the evil cat meme that scares Grumpy Cat.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

The ep was preempted for me today for breaking news. Should I even bother trying to watch it online? @ulkis

If you just want to watch the Jason/Sonny scenes just re watch last Fridays show.  They were basically the same.  Blah blah, Jason doesn't want to work for him again, blah blah.  Go stop Michael, blah blah, please don't ask me to kill my wife's father no matter how sketchy he is blah blah blah. 

• Love 5

Gee, poor Sonny, there's Jason coming to his office--HIS OFFICE, people--and talking to him about Michael, and then not immediately falling to his knees to be re-knighted as Sonny's second-in-command.  I mean, what's a mobster to think with that kind of teasing behavior? 

There aren't enough words to describe how cringe-worthy the preview was.  The only thing missing was Griffin v/o'ing "the power of Christ compels you to get up and go be one with Sonny again!" 

• Love 5

What's this righteous indignation from Carly re: the death of the "witness".  Didn't Sonny pay the witness? 

Not that it matters to me, whatever happened to Valerie?  I'm surprised she wasn't squeezed in to the prisoner transfer scene. 

• Love 1

It's that it will do for FV what the Emmys did for JFP: it gives them an excuse to metaphorically masturbate on screen, confusing awards with ratings as they continue to plummet, only producing the occasional half way decent episode, usually to cap off a shitty storyline.

True dat! GH Emmy Awards still don't correlate with the dismal ratings and character ruinations that we viewers are forced to endure daily. Recent storylines in particular are pathetic.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Gee, poor Sonny, there's Jason coming to his office--HIS OFFICE, people--and talking to him about Michael, and then not immediately falling to his knees to be re-knighted as Sonny's second-in-command.  I mean, what's a mobster to think with that kind of teasing behavior? 

There aren't enough words to describe how cringe-worthy the preview was.  The only thing missing was Griffin v/o'ing "the power of Christ compels you to get up and go be one with Sonny again!" 

Oh my.  I haven't laughed that hard since Aaron stroked Sonny's badger the other day.   (Please tell me that was improv.)  I really, really think the anvils of Griffin not being Duke's kid are so obvious.   Matt Cohen is a better actor than this crap, but he's starting to slip in his character from HTGAWM.  I see you Eggs 911.  And Billy Miller's  facial expressions still are amazing.   I think he really wanted to either punch Sonny or pull an old school Ochocinco and just go "Child, please."  If they have Jason run back to the mob now it'll be stupid af.  They may as well spring for "Open Arms" by Journey and go all out.  Steer into the disaster.   And heaven forbid that some plebeian bother Sonny about one of the many children he claims to love.  Ugh.  Don't they know he's busy?  God.  Don't they know who he is?  A coffee importer!   And a damn fine one at that!  

• Love 1
(edited)

The show lately has been like a cake that was baked in a lopsided pan. Like, we can get basically the same damned scene three times: Sonny having a snit fit because Jason puts up boundaries about "the life," Carly walking in at the end and wanting to know what's going on, those two talking about how much they miss "their" Jason. We can get endless scenes of Anna being all #JUSTICE4DEWQ. We can hear more than anyone would reasonably need to hear about how much Griffin missed out on from not having a relationship with his father, and how much Dewq would have loved him. But then other stories make me feel as though I've missed a bunch of days, such as the haphazard pacing of the Hayden/Rachel story. One day last week, I was like, "Whuh? Diamonds? In a makeup case? And Nikolas has already had them verified? The hell?" One day the G-men were all "Are you Rachel Berlin? You need to come with us," and the next time we saw her, she was in a parking garage and there was talk of an offscreen endless interrogation in which she had cooperated fully and told them everything she knew. I'm unsure right now who is still living at Wyndemere, and the writing did little to nothing with those tensions. It doesn't matter whether Nikolas, Hayden, Liz, Laura, Lulu, and Curtis were anyone's favorite characters; there was a lot of potential in them all being under the same roof for a while.  

Also, I kind of hope Obrecht killed Finn's patient to raise the stakes a bit, because while many of us complained for years that there were not enough "hospital stories," I don't think any of us had in mind something as lame as one doctor not wanting another to have privileges at the hospital. How long did they milk that, a month? "You vill never haff privileges at this hospital, Dr. Finn! Over my dead body!" And Finn didn't act as though he cared that much, so the other side was a bunch of women cheerleading for him (Monica, Tracy, Carly). Then the chief of staff coup was handled mostly offscreen. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 9

Am I watching Gilligan's Island? Jason's constant head injuries remind me of Gilligan being bonked on the head with a coconut in an attempt to change his personality back. Jason should be in a permanent coma by now with all this brain damage/concussion/head injury. 

• Love 9

because while many of us complained for years that there were not enough "hospital stories,"

You mean like I can count on the fingers on my hand how many non-routine cast members or extras have the role of 'patient' in the past five years? 

Where did the extra money in the budget goes for sweeps week because it surely doesn't go towards the camera work/lighting on a back country road in one of FV's pinch of 'vehicular accident' ingredient in his sweeps recipe?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

What was he wearing? Because if he was wearing his leather jacket, what else was Sonny supposed to think?

• Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

13 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Clearly, Carly is Smug Cat,  Griffin is Sad Cat, Sonny is Grumpy Cat, Michael is I Can Haz Cheeseburger Cat, Finn is that meme where the cat brags about waking you up at 3 AM, Dr O is the evil cat meme that scares Grumpy Cat.  

So you're saying they're basically the cast of Littlest Pet Shop...

• Carly - Zoe, a smug cocker spaniel
  • Griffin - Sunil, a downer mongoose
  • Sonny - Vinnie, a clumsy and cocky gecko
  • Finn - Russell, a basically decent if twitchy hedgehog
  • Michael - Penny Ling, a peaceful panda
  • Maxie - Minka, a hyperactive spider monkey
  • Lulu - Pepper, a somewhat snarky skunk
  • Liz - Blythe, token human just trying to figure this shit out
  • Dr. O - Mrs. Twombly (token kooky old lady, not pictured)

Littlest-Pet-Shop-post.jpg

Edited by Bill C.
additional context for insanity.
  • Love 5

Dante and Lulu will probably be written out before they move into a bigger place. 

Why is Maxie allowed to just hang around the PCPD distracting talking tree?

I hope Carlos dies permanently. 

Oh wow, Jason will have another head injury. These writers sure are creative. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I would never cast Sonny as a gecko.   They are too cool.   The cast is clearly all cats.  

In this case, since Vinnie is a bit overly cocky and dumb as a post...yeah, let me go back and edit that...

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Dante and Lulu will probably be written out before they move into a bigger place. 

Hell, that's probably the most prominent reason they will be written out. "We can't get them a new set! Write them out! We tried giving them story! We wrote Dante as a complete douchebag, and the audience hated it! How can you write stories without characters being as horrible as possible? Man the audience is picky."

Oh LeftPhalange. In a couple of days we'll see a flashback of Paul passing Carlos many, many blood packets in the interrogation room.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh LeftPhalange. In a couple of days we'll see a flashback of Paul passing Carlos many, many blood packets in the interrogation room.

Paul needs to die before this happens. But not before killing Franco, Ava, and Sonny because reasons. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mrs OldManBalls said:

Am I watching Gilligan's Island? Jason's constant head injuries remind me of Gilligan being bonked on the head with a coconut in an attempt to change his personality back. Jason should be in a permanent coma by now with all this brain damage/concussion/head injury. 

Sam needs to invest in a baseball bat.  Next time Jason even hints at forgetting something she can just whack him with it.

"Sam, do you know where I put my keys?  I swear they were....."

WHACK.

"OH!  They're in my pocket!"

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

What was he wearing? Because if he was wearing his leather jacket, what else was Sonny supposed to think?

But was he carrying the box of pain?  It's not real if he's not back to the box of pain. 

• Love 4

Hello everyone! There's been a lot of redecorating around here!   Just swimming in from the barge through the mess of recylced plot points and repeated dialogue to invade with my own bit of sarcasm about parts of yesterday's episode.   

Sigh - the sense of déjà vu hypocrisy is Sonny's office yesterday was stifling.  Where was Sonny's moralizing when Alexis was defending him and Jason?   And how can Carly say that Alexis doesn't care about her kids considering all the harm that has come to Sonny's kids because of his criminal lifestyle and her acceptance of it?   On the moral scale, there are no winners - only losers - in the whole mix of characters in this story; however, with their history, Sonny and Carly are the very last two people who should be passing judgment on Alexis and Julian.

In addition, I have a love/hate relationship with Sonny.  I can really appreciate him in many of his scenes with his children; for example, his scenes with Kristina and Aaron yesterday. But then I can be totally turned off when he becomes the entitled, judgmental “supposedly good” mobster.  And when he flips the script and acts like the child himself when he pouts because he isn’t getting his way with Jason.  Sonny to Jason:  “I’m not going to confuse you with the man I used to count on.”  Really Sonny – guilt trip much?! 

The déjà vu experience extended from Sonny’s office to the scenes at the soon-to-be-vacated Falconeri loft to the PCPD/road accident scenes.  Once again we have improbable legal procedures and PCPD ineptitude used as plot points to set up a major sweeps crisis.  And once again, that crisis hints at deaths for key characters – deaths which will never happen.   Although I predict that we will, ONCE AGAIN, see a few requisite bedside scenes with one of the interchangeable pretty blondes at the bedside of one of the interchangeable dark-haired police detectives.  Hey, maybe we’ll get a two-for-one deal!   By the way, whose turn is it to be injured party this time?  Has anyone been keeping score?

Continuing with the theme of déjà vu., pretty well everything in the main outline of the Lante story is a repeat of past story patterns in which angst is swept under the carpet and the two are restored to their rather ideal happy couple status as if their angst barely happened. There is nothing wrong with being happy. However, repeating the pattern of disappearing story lines (and disappearing characters) has happened too often with Lante in the past- and, in my humble opinion, makes them too predictable and increasingly boring.

They have quickly moved through the expected Lante checklist: a day of cute banter over a marriage workbook, sweet looks and words, a few touches, some sexual healing and – poof – like magic – telling their best friends they are back together. In the same episode, in one short scene, Dante asked Lulu to move back into him to which Lulu smilingly agreed.  As expected – and as NEEDED, the next item on checklist was the welcome decision to move to a real house.  About time!!  I’m sure embryo talk will be happening soon. After all, we have to be pointed to that empty envelope somehow, right?  I can wait a VERY long time for that story!

Maxie, in the meantime is living in her own déjà vu world with her reprise of her meddling nature as she delves into Nathans’ past.  One question, though:  Being as she is repeating history, you’d think she’d remember planning her own non-wedding to Spinelli.  Maybe she will when she gets Claudette Beaulieu off her mind.

One final déjà vu scenario – and the most significant one of all!  Not only do we have ANOTHER road accident as a sweeps crisis, JASON is a key part of yet ANOTHER road accident scenario.  The remaining déjà vu element to be visited is how this one will affect his memory.  Are you all waiting for Monday?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Oh wow, Jason will have another head injury. These writers sure are creative. 

I had to laugh that he was wearing a helmet. Like, he has to be in a crash that's serious enough to give him trauma, but they can't go all out, since NYS does have a helmet law.

• Love 1

At this point, we may as well have Sam and Carly on the side of the road, with Sam yelling "oh my God, they killed Jason!" as Carly shrieks "you bastards!"  

• Love 9

Would the show really get in trouble for Jason not wearing a helmet?

It's kind of hilarious. Characters can commit murder and electroshock and rape and all that can be portrayed on screen and go on to be "rootable" characters, but NOT wear a helmet, or, I don't know, smoke a cigar? Forbidden!

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

Continuing with the theme of déjà vu., pretty well everything in the main outline of the Lante story is a repeat of past story patterns in which angst is swept under the carpet and the two are restored to their rather ideal happy couple status as if their angst barely happened.

I'm gonna go reply in the relationship thread.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

It's kind of hilarious. Characters can commit murder and electroshock and rape and all that can be portrayed on screen and go on to be "rootable" characters, but NOT wear a helmet, or, I don't know, smoke a cigar? Forbidden!

At this point, if they lit up a little mary jane.... would it really be that bad as opposed to the cutting babies out of bellies, banging on graves, murder murder murder, daily double death threats, badger stroking, terrorists keeping records, yearly kidnappings,  and reasons galore?   I mean at least pot is legal in many states for medicinal reasons.   There's your damn reasons, Frank.    I kinda think Aaron is a stoner anyway.   Dude wants a food truck, probably thinks Sonny has great weed connects (he doesn't ), and thinks Kristina is interesting.   He's high af.   Only explanation I can think of.  Plus he knits.  "Knits."   Meaning he can roll a mean joint.   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Yes, so true!  And, continuing with my pet peeve like a dog with a bone, sometimes sleeping with a married man becomes a far greater sin than rape, murder, or kidnapping.  Selective moralizing!!

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

Yes, so true!  And, continuing with my pet peeve like a dog with a bone, sometimes sleeping with a married man becomes a far greater sin than rape, murder, or kidnapping.  Selective moralizing!!

They're very specific in their moralizing.  If Carly, Sonny, Jason, or Sam does something wrong to someone outside their circle, it's never as bad as anything done wrong to them.  That's the golden rule of GH.  

• Love 13
(edited)
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't think so, since Jason didn't wear a helmet in the Guza days, when he was the Holy Hitman and above the law.

Edited by Lobsel Vith
  • Love 1