Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

While I'm starting to overdose on them, I kinda would love one scene of them all together, perhaps having an evil meeting around a fancy boardroom table, perhaps with brainwashed Jake(son) there serving drinks.

They're like the Evil Avengers and Jasus is their Jarvis. Heh, Helena having a Quinjet would certainly explain her jaunting back and forth last week.

Either way, I'm going to need at least one scene of the LoD (Helena, Faison, Fluke, and Jerry) and their minions (Dr. O, Heather, and Larry) together.

• Love 1

Are Jamie and Nathan the same person?

Yes, but only Nina and her mom call him James. Everyone else refers to him as Nathan. 

I'm going to miss KT like crazy. Britt could have been such a fierce character, and in comparison to a lot of the others, she really already was. But with better writing, she and Liz, or even she and Sabrina, could have been a new generation Tracy/Monica, Vicki/Dorian, along those lines.

And isn't it sad, and so indicative of a lot of the show's problems, that two recurring players have the best friendship, and some of the best scenes, on this show? Brad and Britt were awesome, and their last, or what I assume to be their last, scene, was no exception. I loved them. THEY would be two I would choose for an OTR story. I hope Britt and Nathan get a goodbye.  I enjoyed them, too.  Poor Nathan. Both of his sisters, possible fugitives from justice. Only on a soap, people.

The show is saying goodbye to an actress, and character with a lot of potential. 

• Love 7

That is the one time I am grateful that RC can be a tease with no follow through. No to that. Besides, Sam is tiny and looks remarkably similar to the forgotten wife. Psychologically, despite Patrick's douchiness of late, it would, despite RC trying, just look like some sort of weird sexual surrogacy to me. I'm still not convinced it's not, not to mention subconsciously getting back at Jason by Patrick somehow.

On the other hand, that's pretty deep for RC. Maybe too deep.

That actually makes sense and would be a good story, but yea, there's no way that's RC's intent.

• Love 3

Fluke as Bill still does not work for me as it is so far out of character for Bill. Even Ron can't (can he?) twist a character so much with so little explanation. I think Fluke is Damian Smith with surgery after the fire to look like Luke, hence the "I don't need a mask"

• Love 2

Patrick not having a point of view has been a problem since Sabrina came on. The last time he really did was grieving Robin immediately after her "death". He's on a lot, but he doesn't tend to be the character stories are built around. As a fan (one of the few here, I know), I really wish he'd get a perspective. Like, when was the last time he just saw him go home, interact with Emma, and sigh on a couch? Not necessarily a huge scene, but important for character building.

I think the mistake they made over and over again since Robin died the first time is not playing up the duality of the show which is half spy drama and half hospital using Scrubs as a metaphor.  I am aware, my proportions are off and I'm purposely ignoring the mob;)

Instead of worrying about Sabrina and a baby and related relationship angst, they should have focused on Patrick's anger over Robert and Anna not telling him Robin might be alive, Robin taking Nik and Britt's help but not telling him anything even when she was right in front of him.  Patrick being nearly the last to know should have been a big deal.  Had they done that, then they could have used this situation to get to a point where despite feelings Robin and Patrick go there own way because of the constant danger and Robin is too much of a Scorpio despite trying to join the hospital set and Patrick is barred from the spy drama.

Watching Sam rail at Patrick over Jason, I was thinking Patrick should have said that to someone about Robin at some point.

• Love 4

Fluke as Bill still does not work for me as it is so far out of character for Bill. Even Ron can't (can he?) twist a character so much with so little explanation. I think Fluke is Damian Smith with surgery after the fire to look like Luke, hence the "I don't need a mask"

Playing devil's advocate, the reason it could be Bill is because they introduced Helena/Faison mind control with Lucky and Jason.  They can also always fall back on he's a double agent for the WSB.  I also remember Bill being more of a schemer; but not outright evil. Although he died nobly.  Given that he died because of Luke's trouble with Frank Smith, I think they could play that as a reason to taunt Luke while they are alone.

But yes, I agree  'I don't need a mask doesn't' conclusively make it Bill.  I was thoroughly bugged that the mannerisms and speech patterns of  Fluke bared no resemblance to Bill.  But then I doubted myself because the guy in the orange jumpsuit doesn't resemble my memory of Luke either. 

I don't remember Bill, though I was watching for about a year and a half before he died, and I have no problem with his characterization being radically different. Even if we ignore sodas, itsbeen 20 years since he died or "died". A person can change a lot in 20 years.

I really wish he'd get a perspective. Like, when was the last time he just saw him go home, interact with Emma, and sigh on a couch? Not necessarily a huge scene, but important for character building.

I think this is a really good point. Or even a scene where he talks with someone about how HE feels? The only thing we've gotten so far, really, is that one conversation Patrick had with Liz months ago. Where he talked about how him and Sabrina are better off as friends, his marriage to Robin is over bc "I asked her to come home again and again and we're not her priority"*, and he likes Sam now.

*I can't stop laughing at how much his story changes. She was threatened! She left me! She was blackmailed! Our family wasn't important to her! Like, damn, pick one and stick to it.

When Lisa was around, Patrick's point of view was that she was perfectly okay to hang out with and that Robin was paranoid to act as if she was out to get her. That led to Lisa soothing Patrick's wounded ego because Robin went to Africa to help people. IMO again, this isn't really that much different, because it's all about when he's going to get his ashes hauled next and who's going to do it. The only thing Sam might get out of the deal is Patdick, and that's no perk as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think Patty's only POV during Lisa was "I like Lisa," though, as it is with Sam now. Yes, they both probs have the same outcome of sexytimes, but the roads are different. Do I think that if Patty sleeps with Sam, he'll put his clothes on two seconds later and say, "This is a mistake! What am I doing?" No. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

I'm just about fed up with Faison's mind-torture of Anna. I'm not going as far as Tracy did, questioning Anna's police acumen with Faison. What I want to know is: since Robert Scorpio knows all about Anna's suffering at Faison's hands, and was directly involved in hiding Faison, why isn't he helping her now? Robert has clout with Robin, and could surely force a rapprochement between Robin and Anna. And Robert isn't intimidated by Faison--he could protect Anna and stand between her and that crazy devil, devising a way to thwart Faison's attempts at making Anna suffer.

Robert Scorpio, where are you?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3

Yeah. Her name was Natasha Davidovitch, and she changed it to Alexis Davis when she came to the U.S. for college.

Technically she changed it from Alexis Davidovitch to Alexis Davis. She never lived as Natasha Davidovitch. That identity was kept from her. She was always Alexis, in her mind.

Playing devil's advocate, the reason it could be Bill is because they introduced Helena/Faison mind control with Lucky and Jason.  They can also always fall back on he's a double agent for the WSB.  I also remember Bill being more of a schemer; but not outright evil. Although he died nobly.  Given that he died because of Luke's trouble with Frank Smith, I think they could play that as a reason to taunt Luke while they are alone.

I could get behind this, as it would allow Geary his dream of playing Bill even when this is over.  Helena twisting Bill so a genuine dislike of Luke turns him into a perverted drug dealer could work.

Based on Geary affecting some kind of accent and calling Helena 'comrade', is it possible that Fluke is Russian spy and killer, Grant Putnam?

I Like this a lot....

Neither Bill or Putnam makes sense why Fluke wanted to get revenge on Sonny. Sonny has never met either men. Now if the whole point was for the cartel to take over the illegal side of Port Charles and removing Sonny to make that easier, then fine. But that wasn't what RC originally wrote. Of course, he forgot. Or he probably wrote on this twitter account to explain it.

• Love 5

So I'm sorta back to the possibility of either mind control or split personality with Fluke and Luke. Not just because Lucky was brought up and then we are shown that Jake/Jason is programmed. But mainly because what evil mastermind hides someone in a basement that ANYONE can walk into? My guess will be that if someone does go down there, they won't find him, and it'll be explained that Fluke is hiding Luke in some dark corner. But what if Luke being prisoner is NOT literal? What if Real Luke is imprisoned-sort of-but only in his mind?

This is starting to look like the only thing that makes sense, I mean RonSense. It's beginning to smell of a DID OLTL storyline.

Although I have to admit I'm barely watching TFGH anymore. I put it on, but it doesn't hold my attention at all.

This whole Sam/Patrick the Jason-information-holder, like I said, I'm not really paying attention but I thought that Jason was "dead" when Patrick saw Robin, I'm probably remembering wrong but what would be the point of just saying "yeah Sam, your husband wasn't dead when you thought but he's dead now so I didn't tell you because he was already dead when Robin told me he wasn't dead before but is dead now" or something like that. I was kinda confused when Sam was saying she could have told Jason she loved him blah blah blah... how was she going to do that?

Sorry for the rambling nonsensical post but Ron has my head in a fog and I can't care about anything anymore when it comes to this show.

• Love 4

I think they are kind of setting Anna up to hit rock bottom. She has lost Duke, doesn't know when/if Robin is coming home, kind of sucks at her job, and got outed about her adventures at the Wyndemere horse stable. Hell, she's even got Faison telling her she is so pedestrian and pathetic that he doesn't love her anymore (which I don't believe BTW). I don't know if Faison knew about her breakup with Duke, but that happened just the day before she confronted Faison at PCPD. She was still emotionally raw from it. Her life is falling down around her, so that would certainly make her susceptible to some mind control, which is where I think Ron is headed.

• Love 2

This whole Sam/Patrick the Jason-information-holder, like I said, I'm not really paying attention but I thought that Jason was "dead" when Patrick saw Robin, I'm probably remembering wrong but what would be the point of just saying "yeah Sam, your husband wasn't dead when you thought but he's dead now so I didn't tell you because he was already dead when Robin told me he wasn't dead before but is dead now" or something like that. I was kinda confused when Sam was saying she could have told Jason she loved him blah blah blah... how was she going to do that?

Sam meant that she could have looked for him and found, if she had concrete concrete prove that he was alive.  Months after he was declared dead, Sam didn't think Jason was dead. Her family and friends convinced her to let go. Patrick and Carly were one of them.

It didn't matter that he died after their visit to the clinic. It added another layer to Patrick's deception. Until Robin told him Jason had died, he thought he was alive. He also kept to himself Robin's presence at the clinic from her. For all Sam knows, he hasn't seen Robin since she left PC.

She was angry with Patrick because she missed months of opportunities of looking for, and finding Jason herself. Prior to the second death. When Patrick said she couldn't have saved him, she said he doesn't know that. Her point is that, they'll never know for sure what could have happened. 

I think they are kind of setting Anna up to hit rock bottom. 

I don't know how good the writing would be, I do know that Finola will rock it!

• Love 5

I'm sure you're right, but the idea that Anna should feel one bit bad about Duke being a moron, or be made to feel bad about "losing" Duke when he's the fuck-up, or that she must be shamed for any attempt, however ill-conceived, to make that lunatic Faison leave her and her family alone already .... Argh, rage. Rage!

The only thing she should feel bad about is that she hasn't already jumped on a damn plane to determine if Robin is really in Paris. Of course Duke, Sonny and Faison's adventures have been keeping her pretty busy at work. And Robert is at least half responsible for the failure of the Faison-in-hole plan. But she's a woman on this fakakta show so she must be in the wrong somehow.

• Love 4

I would also add if Sam found out that Jason died in that clinic, she would gone back there and kept snooping until she found definite proof about what happened to Jason. In the worst case scenario, she would have found the proof and that would have definitely ended a chapter that Jason was never coming back. Or in the best case scenario, she would have found Jason (and Robin) being held hostage.

• Love 6

I'm sure you're right, but the idea that Anna should feel one bit bad about Duke being a moron, or be made to feel bad about "losing" Duke when he's the fuck-up, or that she must be shamed for any attempt, however ill-conceived, to make that lunatic Faison leave her and her family alone already .... Argh, rage. Rage!

Not necessarily. She doesn't have to feel bad for him being a moron, if she broke down and he losing him was part of it, it would be because she missed the man that he was. Not this shell of a man who cowers to the mob and is a hypocrite to boot.

She won't breakdown because lost a worthy man, she pretty much told him to go eft himself at their last meeting. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 1

I'm the one who's confused now, but mainly because 'dead' no longer looks like a real word. ;-)

• Love 2
 I agree that that's a big part of the problem, especially when writers feel like inciting fan wars (Ron, I'm looking at you) is a way to increase the ratings.

But there's also a big problem with writers on a lot of soaps. (Again I'm looking at you Ron) Writers seem to be increasingly writing themselves into the scripts, which tends to make them horrible and unbalanced. Gloria Monty would never care about social media; but I also never felt like I was watching a therapy session while she was in charge. What is that quote, 'A good book tells you about its characters, but a bad book tells you about its author.' That in my opinion is about 90% of the problem with Ron's writing.

Perfectly said.  It's far too easy to see the "Ron C." stuff onscreen - the 80's references and homage, and the camp, etc.  Some of this was on display on OLTL - just think the Ford Brothers and Stacey Morasco - but far less IMO.   On that soap he also wrote quite well for many vets.  Here...not so much.

To piggyback on that, Ron only pays nods to references that touch on his own personal viewing history.  Golden Girls. Knots Landing. Delia from Ryan's Hope. Vampires from Port Charles.

Ever since Donna Mills first appeared on GH, there have been hard-core, long-time soap fans who have been excited at the idea of seeing Leslie Charleson and her in scenes together, because they played sisters (I think?) on another soap on another network.  But I don't think Ron grew up on that show (Secret Storm? Love is a Many-Splendored Thing?), so it doesn't appear that there will ever be a nod to their history.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 1

I want to know why St. Sabrina hasn't been ARRESTED for deliberately putting Ava and her baby in danger by prescribing the wrong medicine?  I don't really care for Ava, but really?  All they did was fire her ass?  She should be in jail. I admit I've skipped few epis, and that's because I can't stand Luke, but to my way of thinking she should have lost her license, at the very least, if not be sitting in a cell next to Julian {who just can't seem to stay out}

Get a haircut Carlos!!!

Or at least get a bottle of shampoo

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 2

On a far better written show, Sabrina's downward spiral into doing something so horrific would be explored more, showing her psyche cracking over time, and Sabrina would at least be in the mental ward for a while after realizing with revulsion that no matter what Ava did or didn't do, her own actions were scary.

On this show, Sabrina's crimes understandably get lost in the noise of all the other horrors being committed right and left by everyone.

I was never a big AMC watcher, but I do kinda remember sweet Emily Ann slowly going nuts and nearly killing someone, and then being sent off to the psych ward. It was effectively creepy and tragic.

• Love 3

I would also add if Sam found out that Jason died in that clinic, she would gone back there and kept snooping until she found definite proof about what happened to Jason. In the worst case scenario, she would have found the proof and that would have definitely ended a chapter that Jason was never coming back. Or in the best case scenario, she would have found Jason (and Robin) being held hostage.

I'm not sure about this. If Sam had ever displayed some real PI skills, I could fanwank this could have happened. But I can't think of anything recently that she's successfully solved on her own. And, if she learns something, there's usually fallout. I'm not really hating on Sam, but I think most of her success seems to be chest-related, not brain- or skill-related. 

• Love 5

I was never a big AMC watcher, but I do kinda remember sweet Emily Ann slowly going nuts and nearly killing someone, and then being sent off to the psych ward. It was effectively creepy and tragic.

I don't blame her. If I found out Billy Clyde Tuggle was my dad, I'd go crazy as well. 

I think they are kind of setting Anna up to hit rock bottom. She has lost Duke, doesn't know when/if Robin is coming home, kind of sucks at her job, and got outed about her adventures at the Wyndemere horse stable. Hell, she's even got Faison telling her she is so pedestrian and pathetic that he doesn't love her anymore (which I don't believe BTW). I don't know if Faison knew about her breakup with Duke, but that happened just the day before she confronted Faison at PCPD. She was still emotionally raw from it. Her life is falling down around her, so that would certainly make her susceptible to some mind control, which is where I think Ron is headed.

Well, if they do go down that road, they picked the right actress for it. 

• Love 3

Anna has always cried over Faison, even back in the day. Part of her is still attached to him. During the original cartel story, she admitted, under hypnosis with Tom Hardy, that she won't let go of Faison because she doesn't want to. I think FH playing it that way is to keep some ambiguity with Anna's feelings. Her relationship with him is so complicated.

Anna crying after Faison told he he doesn't love her anymore (lies!!) make sense if you really dig deep into their characters and their past history. I think what Faison has over Anna is, quite simply, his love for her. Anna may not love Faison, but it's likely she has grown a sort of attachment to his love for her. I think it must be incredibly intoxicating and invigorating to have a man, for years and years, move heaven and earth and do every (impossibly shitty) thing in the planet out of his love (however sick it may be) for her, especially if that man was someone you cared about deeply once, grew up with and had been your mentor and taught you everything you know. How do you not become, at least on some level, emotionally dependent on that? Anna doesn't want to let go of Faison's feelings for her because , on some unconscious level, it makes her feel good, powerfull, important, and loved. This is what Faison meant when he said in their last scene "It's what gives you power". Hence, her devastation upon hearing that love no longer exists. Unconditional love, however uncorresponded, must be a bitch to lose after so many years.

If she really wants Faison out of her life for good, the only way that could be at all possible is if she lets go of that.

I wish this wasn't a soap, and especially that RC wasn't writting it, so I could have the hope that all this would be addressed properly. Sadly, these last couple of scenes between Anna/Faison were likely a fluke, and everything will end up being resolved with a couple of rubber masks, some brainwashing or some other OTT nonsense.

• Love 5

I wish this wasn't a soap, and especially that RC wasn't writting it, so I could have the hope that all this would be addressed properly. Sadly, these last couple of scenes between Anna/Faison were likely a fluke, and everything will end up being resolved with a couple of rubber masks, some brainwashing or some other OTT nonsense.

And therein lies the problem with Ron, (and forgive me if this should be on the Backstage thread). He has many many good ideas at the onset: Fluke could have been brilliant, The Fall and Re-Rise of Sonny could be tremendous, The parentage of Franco could have been compelling (even if the character never could be), Silas' past could have been a decent mystery, even the evolution of Sabrina from good girl to crazy BSC could have been entertaining. But Ron has no follow though. It is almost as if . he should sit in a room and spin ideas and then let some one else follow though.

• Love 6

I'm the one who's confused now, but mainly because 'dead' no longer looks like a real word. ;-)

Oh believe me, I'm beyond confused myself :D

I'm no longer watching this as a soap opera, I've decided I'm watching some kind of weird hybrid of a scifi/fantasy/zombie show that takes place in a town that has a hospital in it. And it's not even a B-movie type thing, it's like the ultimate Rotten Tomatoes type thing. Hell, the Walking Dead has had more hospital scenes than TFGH at this point ;)

• Love 1

Re:Anna and the tears-if they weren't tears of shame, during the scene with Dante, they should have been. She's sworn to uphold the law, Dante looks up to her, and she just got caught breaking the law (for which she won't spend a minute in jail). Like her or hate her, Dr.O is right. Anna does think she is above the law. Otherwise, she would have ordered Dante to arrest her and charge her.

Yeah, Faison always had an effect on her. But FH/Anna was never this weepy in the beginning.

Re: Patrick and his tears: there was at least once I thought I saw a track down his cheek, but IMO just tears welling up/red eyes, for a guy especially, equals "crying" to me.

Re: Fluke-as others have said, nothing fits. Which could be explained away that's it just crappy, crappy writing. Or that one minute Fluke can speak with a bit of an accent, and the next, not. This is further evidence it might be DID-that one minute he's one personality, and the next, another.

However, the "comrade", as someone mentioned-please tell me he's not Mikkos. But Mikkos doesn't fit hatred of Sonny or Tracy either. And he's not really "Bill" as we remember him, but as someone else said, after twenty years......who knows?

Re: other names, nicknames. Carly is Caroline , Ned is Edward Lawrence, Bobbie is Barbara Jean, Sonny is actually Michael, Luke is Lucas Lorenzo, Lulu is Leslie Lou-these are a few I thought of in addition to what others have mentioned. And Lucky, though not on the show, is Lucas Lorenzo Jr isn't he?

As posted by others FH & AH were awesome. Faison definitely has Anna rattled.

They're really going all out to make BM look like old Jason. The stand-up hair, dark jacket, the speech patterns...etc. I want BM to be Jason Q, dammit, not Helena's henchman. Sam and Danny deserve better (and so do we as a matter of fact).

Enough with the Luke bullshit. Don't care.

More Dr. O and Helena, please. Throw Anna in the mix and it's all good.

I don't care about BM one way or the other. Every version of Jason has always bored me to tears.

Honestly, I don't see Jason Q, as originally written, ever giving Sam the time of day. Which would be pretty hilarious, except I'd have to FFwd through all the weepy Sam.

As originally written, AJ would have been a much better match for Sam.

Doesn't really matter though, because in the end, this version will be a mix of all three-old JQ, Jason Morgan, and Jake.  My guess is that he'll join Sam in the PI business.

That bored me just typing it. *yawny*

It won't matter what they do with him. He'll be a big snoozefest just like all his other versions.

• Love 1
Like her or hate her, Dr.O is right. Anna does think she is above the law.

And this is why I thoroughly detest Ron.  Anna and Robert take a man who should be going to prison and they imprison him somewhere else.  It's stupid.  It's a stupid reason to break the law, and risk imprisonment themselves. It's a stupid plan altogether, given how ineffectual and dangerous it was.

But, I think Ron's done it, at least in part, in order to equalize the playing field, so to speak, between his beloved villains ("When will Dr. O leave?" a fan asked once on twitter. "Never, if I have any say," Ron responded).  See, now we fans can't clamor for Dr. O .... and Franco ... and Nina ... and Ava ... and Helena ... and Donna Mills ... and Sonny ... and Jerry Jax ... and Julian (who have I missed?)... to be arrested and brought to justice.  Not only does Anna no longer have a leg to stand on, neither do we fans.  "You want Dr. O to pay?" Ron could say to Anna fans like me.  "Well then, doesn't Anna have to pay too?"  It's stupid.

And I hate that I am put in a position of having  to point out the false equivalents of the matters.  Dr. O tried to inject Robin with a lethal drug ... and kill her.  Dr. O attempted to kill Anna with the same poison, and nearly killed Duke.  Dr. O put Robert in a coma for a year and nearly killed him.  That's hardly the same criminal intent as a misguided attempt to keep a maniac from escaping from a prison, yet again.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 10

Re:Anna and the tears-if they weren't tears of shame, during the scene with Dante, they should have been. She's sworn to uphold the law, Dante looks up to her, and she just got caught breaking the law (for which she won't spend a minute in jail). Like her or hate her, Dr.O is right. Anna does think she is above the law. Otherwise, she would have ordered Dante to arrest her and charge her.

Yeah, Faison always had an effect on her. But FH/Anna was never this weepy in the beginning.

Re: Patrick and his tears: there was at least once I thought I saw a track down his cheek, but IMO just tears welling up/red eyes, for a guy especially, equals "crying" to me.

Re: Fluke-as others have said, nothing fits. Which could be explained away that's it just crappy, crappy writing. Or that one minute Fluke can speak with a bit of an accent, and the next, not. This is further evidence it might be DID-that one minute he's one personality, and the next, another.

However, the "comrade", as someone mentioned-please tell me he's not Mikkos. But Mikkos doesn't fit hatred of Sonny or Tracy either. And he's not really "Bill" as we remember him, but as someone else said, after twenty years......who knows?

Re: other names, nicknames. Carly is Caroline , Ned is Edward Lawrence, Bobbie is Barbara Jean, Sonny is actually Michael, Luke is Lucas Lorenzo, Lulu is Leslie Lou-these are a few I thought of in addition to what others have mentioned. And Lucky, though not on the show, is Lucas Lorenzo Jr isn't he?

You're right about Lulu, except it's spelled Lesley Lu, and yup, Lucky is Lucas Lorenzo Jr. Oh, and Carly was also known as Carly Roberts her first few years on the show, she stole her friends' name as a disguise, but her name growing up is actually Caroline Benson. Sadly the show has actually gotten Lucky's name wrong once or twice - they've called him Lucas Lorenzo Spencer III but Luke's dad's name was actually Tim Spencer.

Well, I don't agree that Anna should feel arrested about being driven to the brink/extremes by her decades-long-death-defying-stalker, but even if she had told Dante to arrest her, I don't think he would have done it. Neither would Nathan. So she'd have to get extra #5 to arrest her, heh. I do think they were tears of shame though.

• Love 1

And I hate that I am put in a position of having  to point out the false equivalents of the matters.  Dr. O tried to inject Robin with a lethal drug ... and kill her.  Dr. O attempted to kill Anna with the same poison, and nearly killed Duke.  Dr. O put Robert in a coma for a year and nearly killed him.  That's hardly the same mens rea as a misguided attempted to want to keep a maniac from escaping from a prison, yet again.

It is totally understandable, but I appreciate someone willing to acknowledge it. It makes for a more enjoyable discussion IMO.

Let's hope he doesn't try to equally even the playing field. It is bad enough that Anna and Robert kept Fiason at a place frequented by children, but it could have worse. I would say but I don't want to give Ron ideas.

That said, Dr coming to Fiason's defense make no sense to me. She was terrified of him, he terrorized her and her daughter. Did Ron forget that he wrote that or did I imagine this? I am genuinely confused.

If he wanted O to have a leg to stand on with regards to Anna, using Fiason was the worst idea he could have come up. Slightly redeeming Dr. O, example, have her know about Robin's situation but she doesn't have to try to break her out. I don't want full redemption. She would be in cohorts with one of the headmen guarding Robin, and arrange for Robin to sneak phone calls with Emma on condition that Robin doesn't make a funny move. Robin doesn't have to be on screen to make this possible. She'd be on a long journey to atone her sins against Robin and even if Anna doesn't know, viewers would know what she's doing there we wouldn't hate her that much when she's mouthing off to Anna.

Not only does this give O much needed layers, she doesn't look like a spineless fool for defending a man who wouldn't hesitate to slit her throat. More importantly, Anna and Robert wouldn't have to do some OCC stupid ish to even the playing field. 

• Love 3

Madeline's birth name is Magda. Julian Jerome went by Derek Wells, his alias when he was in the Witness Protection Program, when he first arrived in Port Charles.  Rocco was first known as Ben.  Baby Connie was renamed Georgie. And then there's Connie/Kate.  She's dead, for now, so I won't go into that distinction.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 1

I don't know that Ron saying Dr O might never leave means she'll never pay. She's a lonely, rejected woman who no one likes or respects. The people she wants affection from continually ignore her. That is in a sense, paying. If she IS going to be a long term character, she can't exactly spend too much time in jail. Much like I don't expect Sonny to, if he continues on as a character.

I'd rather have Dr O than Helena, quite frankly. I've never gotten the fascination with her character.  Or most of the Cassadines, TBH. I liked Victor because of TP, and I liked Stefan. The rest can go away or die, don't care which.

I think if Anna IS going to have a breakdown sort of SL, she HAS to be arrested for what she did at some point.

Dr O is walking around free, but even she has had the shackles slapped on.

It would just make Anna look like the biggest joke, if she got away with it all scot free.

I have put way to much thought into what, "the spell is broken" could mean. Is it brain washing, emotional ploy, true, etc. Sadly, probably more thought than Ron has.

I really hate the Luke/FauxLuke storyline and dual scenes. TG is campy with the horrible accents and the storyline is beyond stupid. Why is he so bad at this. David Canary played Adam and Stewart Chandler and made both distinctive characters without campy ham horrible acting.

• Love 9
I have put way to much thought into what, "the spell is broken" could mean. Is it brain washing, emotional ploy, true, etc. Sadly, probably more thought than Ron has.

I definitely have, too.  Just the fact that Faison repeated the phrase, "Do you hear me, Anna, I said the spell is broken" piqued my interest.  And then it was immediately followed by Faison directing Anna to sit, and she immediately complied.

If this were 1988, I'd be all over that as foreshadowing.

But, sadly, this is Ron's GH we're talking about. He probably just wanted to break Faison free of Anna so that he can go chase after Kiki.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4

I don't know that Ron saying Dr O might never leave means she'll never pay. She's a lonely, rejected woman who no one likes or respects. The people she wants affection from continually ignore her. That is in a sense, paying. If she IS going to be a long term character, she can't exactly spend too much time in jail. Much like I don't expect Sonny to, if he continues on as a character.

I'd rather have Dr O than Helena, quite frankly. I've never gotten the fascination with her character.  Or most of the Cassadines, TBH. I liked Victor because of TP, and I liked Stefan. The rest can go away or die, don't care which.

I think if Anna IS going to have a breakdown sort of SL, she HAS to be arrested for what she did at some point.

Dr O is walking around free, but even she has had the shackles slapped on.

It would just make Anna look like the biggest joke, if she got away with it all scot free.

Scot free? The reason she did it at all is because the man kidnapped and tortured her daughter for two years. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. She paid first. 

Obrecht has been in a jail cell for two seconds. So sure, I guess if Anna was in a jail cell for two days I guess I don't disagree that she should get shackles slapped on.

Who does Obrecht want affection from besides Faison? She's shown how readily she'd throw her own son or daughter for Faison. And Nathan is actually quite kind to her, so she's not really lacking on that front.

I think you can argue that Sonny started out as a monster, but I don't think you can say he was a cartoon as well. imo, trying to redeem O and the way Sonny was rehabilitated in the 90s are two different things, and trying to do it with O is pretty futile - especially since like I said they just showed O. once again ready to throw Britt over for Faison.

I do agree with you that Ron saying he wants Obrecht to stay is not the same as saying she'll never pay. Which I suspect will come with a brutal rejection from Faison. However, after all this time I just really can't get into Obrecht as a character I am supposed to sympathize with at all - especially since Robin is still not free.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

I guess I am a wacky person in that I like Anna AND I like Dr. Obrecht because they're both portrayed by good actresses who bring something to the screen, especially opposite each other.  One can be entertained by Dr. O while also agreeing that nothing about what she's done to Anna, Robin, etc. is okay.

Who does Obrecht want affection from besides Faison? She's shown how readily she'd throw her own son or daughter for Faison. And Nathan is actually quite kind to her, so she's not really lacking on that front.

Her latest bout of Faison mania has really been bugging me.  We had those scenes back in September where Britt implored Dr. O to finally put up or shut up re: caring about her children.  And Obrecht did just that, giving Anna the information to save Nathan and not using it as an excuse to get a confession about Faison.  But now she's all smiles about abandoning Nathan, who she's been desperate to know these last few months?  What?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

I guess I am a wacky person in that I like Anna AND I like Dr. Obrecht because they're both portrayed by good actresses who bring something to the screen, especially opposite each other.  One can be entertained by Dr. O while also agreeing that nothing about what she's done to Anna, Robin, etc. is okay.

I was there for a while, until the past couple of weeks when I started to feel like the show wanted me to agree with Obrecht that Anna was a hypocrite for disposing of Faison. I love no-fucks-to-give Obrecht . . . I can't really take the "please love your mutter Nasan" version. imo it was a mistake to make her his mom.

• Love 2

I was there for a while, until the past couple of weeks when I started to feel like the show wanted me to agree with Obrecht that Anna was a hypocrite for disposing of Faison.

Duke reinforcing it, insisting that what's he's been doing and what Anna did are the same, was what was worse to me.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
  Obrecht has been in a jail cell for two seconds. So sure, I guess if Anna was in a jail cell for two days I guess I don't disagree that she should get shackles slapped on.

Yes, but does Anna get a song solo like Dr. O did?

Heck, she got invited to a Thanksgiving dinner when Anna didn't!

Britt also gives her more attention than she ever should have. Heck, she even sat attentively through her mother's power point presentation.  Most people don't even do that for their bosses -- and they pay them!!

But you're right, Dr. O wants power more than friends, and she gets that plenty running the hospital and yelling at people who take her shit there.

Edited by Francie

Britt also gives her more attention than she ever should have. Heck, she even sat attentively through her mother's power point presentation.  Most people don't even do that for their bosses -- and they pay them!!

But in that case, Britt had asked for Obrecht's help in getting Nikolas back.  And while she mostly rolled her eyes at the presentation (and was then horrified by the pic of her and Patrick sexing in the shower), why wouldn't she have listened?

I really have no idea why Britt would have wanted Obrecht at Thanksgiving, given Obrecht had just blackmailed her.  It might have made more sense if she had just steamrolled her way in to see Britt and Nathan.

Edited by TeeVee329