Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

@Mrs OldManBalls,

Canada is going to have to take a whole lot more than Todd and Phyllis until were even.

Word. We have yet to even touch on Bieber: Post Puberty. This is just for the fact that Robin Sparkles ended up with Ted Mosby. And the beginning Bieber years.

When we send Sonny, Carly, The Kardashian Krew, Steve Burton, and Ron- we may negotiate.

• Love 2
So your mom is in the hospital after an extremely traumatic experience, your baby sister is kidnapped, and all you can think is that you need a break to go check on your boyfriend? Kiki, shut it.

And she's doing it to plead her case, not to see if Michael's okay, despite her hilariously desperate messages. Into the sun, Lauren!

Is this payback for Justin Bieber?

Everything should be payback for that twerp. 

I honestly think Ava has come off much more remorseful about things than Sonny ever has (when I've been watching). When Ava ran over Jason, she got out of her car and tended to him and waited there until Jordan came. And she seemed ready to stay there until the ambulance came until Jordan talked her out of it.

But they're also writing off Ava's remorse as pregnancy hormones/fears for her life. Not that either of those aren't valid to a certain extent, but it smacks of hysterical wimmins to me. 

• Love 1

I cannot remember if the recording on AJ's phone implicates Ava in Connie's murder.  But even if it does, there'd be even more evidentiary problems with that recording than with Franco's.  Not that that will stop the show from using it, though.  But if it doesn't, is there any other "proof" that Ava killed Connie?  Sure, there's the "AJ", but nothing else?  

I think I would be okay with Ava getting away with Connie's murder.  One, I never cared about Connie.  Well, I cared, in that I really disliked her.  Two, it's been sooooo long that I now care even less.  Three, I sort of feel like Ava has been punished a fair amount recently, what with having to have crypt sex with Sonny, the forced labor, the kidnapped baby.  Not saying that all that makes up for murder, but at least everything hasn't exactly been going her way.  And yet I want Sonny to rot in prison forever.  So, yeah, I'm a hypocrite! 

• Love 8
Three, I sort of feel like Ava has been punished a fair amount recently, what with having to have crypt sex with Sonny, the forced labor, the kidnapped baby.

She didn't have to have crypt sex with Sonny, that was her own stupidity.  If she can't stop herself from tearing off her clothes and going at it with the Moobster in a fucking crypt, that's on her. 

• Love 4

Word. We have yet to even touch on Bieber: Post Puberty. This is just for the fact that Robin Sparkles ended up with Ted Mosby. And the beginning Bieber years.

Hahaha, I've been trying to get someone to pay for that one.

IMO, Ron doesn't do love in the afternoon because as stated above he is horrible at romance. To me, the middle is what makes you fall in love with a couple. His middle for couples are plot points vs the relationship beats.

• Love 6

But they're also writing off Ava's remorse as pregnancy hormones/fears for her life. Not that either of those aren't valid to a certain extent, but it smacks of hysterical wimmins to me. 

Damn, good point.

I think I would be okay with Ava getting away with Connie's murder . . . And yet I want Sonny to rot in prison forever. So, yeah, I'm a hypocrite! 

But this! I'm the same. I don't even care!

She didn't have to have crypt sex with Sonny, that was her own stupidity.  If she can't stop herself from tearing off her clothes and going at it with the Moobster in a fucking crypt, that's on her.​

I meant it as "the show made her do it", not trying to say she was forced by Sonny or circumstances or whatever.  I just think that having sex with Sonny, even if you choose it, is about as severe a punishment as can be suffered.  :-)

• Love 9

I think I would be okay with Ava getting away with Connie's murder.  One, I never cared about Connie.  Well, I cared, in that I really disliked her.  Two, it's been sooooo long that I now care even less.  Three, I sort of feel like Ava has been punished a fair amount recently, what with having to have crypt sex with Sonny, the forced labor, the kidnapped baby.  Not saying that all that makes up for murder, but at least everything hasn't exactly been going her way.  And yet I want Sonny to rot in prison forever.  So, yeah, I'm a hypocrite! 

I completely different mind that if someone murders someone else in cold blood on shows, no matter if the person was a featured character or day player (murderer or victim for either), whoever did needs to pay. Some sort of real world integrity should be maintained. I liked Johnny and Zander, but both needed to be in jail for accidentally killing innocents. I think that is what partially eroded the quality of writing with Guza at the helm. Sonny and Jason were killing off people that were never featured but were "bad" according to the show, and it only worked for a few and completely sunk any popularity and good will each character had during the 90s. 

I am going slap Garin Wolf too for what he did to Kate Howard.

• Love 3

IMO, unless Sonny told Michael the entire truth, that he stood over AJ and whisper-snarled about how he should go ahead and die, then he sugar-coated it. In for a penny, in for a pound, especially with Ava trying to finish the job has been mentioned. The only reason Sonny wasn't the one trying to cut off a defenseless AJ's air is because he must have thought the sheer venom in his voice would have succeeded in killing the poor bastard.

Amen to that. Sonny only told half the truth about what he did to AJ and he only told that much because he was caught on tape by Franco and Michael made him confirm it at gunpoint. Sonny came clean by force, not by choice. In his infinite arrogance, Sonny not only declared AJ guilty, he was AJ's judge, jury and executioner. Sonny not only drove AJ to an early grave, he fucked/possibly impregnated Ava on top of it, so his seeing the light against his will means less than nothing to me. Same with Carly. She not only trashed AJ for years,  she stole Michael from him and gave him to Sonny-a known gangster-to raise out of spite at AJ's expense. The only things better than Michael's trashing Carly when the truth came out about AJ's murder were Michel's disowning Sonny/calling AJ his real father, his reading Morgan and Kiki for filth for their parts in the whole mess, Scotty's arresting Carly and Kiki's catching Michael and Rosalie in bed.

I love that Michael's brothers were the ones to stop him from shooting Sonny.

IMO, Morgan didn't stop Michael; Dante did and rightfully so. Dante wasn't the brother who lied to Michael for months, claiming it was for his own good. Morgan knew that Michael wanted/needed to know the truth about AJ's murder, but instead of doing the right thing for Michael's sake, Morgan and Kiki treated him like a child, deciding what he can and can't know without giving him any choice in the matter. The last time that Michael killed for Sonny's benefit (that Dante knows of) it almost destroyed him, so Dante appealed to Michael not to stoop to Sonny's level again not just for Michael's sake, but for AJ's sake. When he had the chance, AJ did everything he could legally and otherwise, to stop Michael from becoming like Sonny, but unfortunately, AJ's alcoholism got in the way, in one way or another and he didn't get a real chance to be a father to Michael until years later, when Michael was a man, AJ came back from the "dead" and Sonny and Carly couldn't stop him and AJ from seeing each other. Dante knew that what AJ would have wanted for Michael was for him to never be like Sonny, so Dante told Michael not to kill Sonny to protect Michael, which was what AJ would have wanted, if he were still alive, which he's not anymore, because of Sonny and Ava. Kudos to CD and DZ. They were pitch perfect in those scenes, from start to finish.

Re Scotty, contrary to Bobbie and Anna's opinions, he's not responsible for Franco's actions. Nobody controls Franco but Franco.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 7

Re Scotty, contrary to Bobbie and Anna's opinions, he's not responsible for Franco's actions. Nobody controls Franco but Franco.

I think Scotty should feel some responsibility for letting Franco go though. I think that's what Anna was getting at. And to Scotty's credit, I think he does feel bad about that and he immediately realized he needed to put the arrest warrant out for Franco.

Why they wrote Scotty as ever giving a damn about Franco, I have no idea. Him keeping that letter is so embarrassing. Poor KS!

• Love 3

Seriously.  Scotty, call Serena.

In my mind they Skype everyday, while Serena is in residence/med school. Considering what happens to his children once they get into the city limits, am not surprised she stays the hell out of dodge. I don't count Franco as his kid. Hopefully we will discover that Heather lied. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1

So, I've thought about it and I realized that nobdy can PROVE that Kiki and Morgan have broken the law. there is hearsay that they knew about the murder, but that's it. Michael "knew" that Ava really killed AJ until last week, so that's about as much weight as that has, especially with a good lawyer. And I can't imagine Alexis refusing to represent Morgan, her daughter's brother, or Julian's niece Kiki. So yeah, I see Morgan ending up with taht baby either way lol

I don't so much care about justice being done for Connie as I do about AJ being exonerated.  And people like Olivia need to eat a big steaming plate of crow.

LOL I doubt Olivia will eat crow though.

If they gave her the screentime I think it's safe to say she would. Olivia's never hesitated to admit when she's wrong. But they probably won't give her a scene in which to do so.

• Love 3

In my mind they Skype everyday, while Serena is in residence/med school.

Hmmm I've never really pictured Serena as a doctor.  I figured she'd take more after Lucy, working at a cosmetics or fashion company or something.

If they gave her the screentime I think it's safe to say she would. Olivia's never hesitated to admit when she's wrong. But they probably won't give her a scene in which to do so.

She might get a throwaway line talking to Ned, but that's about it.

• Love 3

Hmmm I've never really pictured Serena as a doctor.  I figured she'd take more after Lucy, working at a cosmetics or fashion company or something.

But she adored Karen, and I am sure she has Diane's attitude towards fashion and beauty. Yes, off screen Serena is interesting than characters on screen, but that is true of most things on this show for the last 15 years. 

Back on topic. I feel really sorry for Emme Rylan. She too is a Y&R grab, but she is playing a character that has been firmly entrenched in the canvas for 9 years without interruption. While the other sucking up all the screen time without a break, the show has her running commentary when she isn't obsessed with babies or kidnapped by Stavros. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly

IMO, Morgan didn't stop Michael; Dante did and rightfully so. Dante wasn't the brother who lied to Michael for months, claiming it was for his own good. Morgan knew that Michael wanted/needed to know the truth about AJ's murder, but instead of doing the right thing for Michael's sake, Morgan and Kiki treated him like a child, deciding what he can and can't know without giving him any choice in the matter.

I don't think Morgan was treating Michael like a child so much as he was being immature himself. He was reacting out of fear of having another broken home and family. Not that that makes it okay but I don't think he was being condescending. Kiki, on the other, did. "Oh Michael couldn't handle that, oh he already has so many burdens." Shut up Kiki!!! You don't know him!!!!

man, I really hate her. Ethan needs to swing by and pick her up and they can go around the country telling total strangers what they think they know about them.

. The last time that Michael killed for Sonny's benefit (that Dante knows of) it almost destroyed him, so Dante appealed to Michael not to stoop to Sonny's level again not just for Michael's sake, but for AJ's sake.

Well, that, but also plain and simple Michael would have to go to prison again, and Dante definitely wanted to stop that from happening, not just for his soul. Unless you mean "prison" by "almost destroyed him". Honestly, I don't think Claudia weighed too heavily on his conscience and I don't think that necessarily makes his psycho, because Claudia was crazy and also put him in a coma.

As nice as Dante's speech was, I don't think he gave a crap about what AJ wanted for Michael; he was just using his name to get Michael's attention - unless Dante knew at that point that Ava killed Connie, which then I definitely could buy that Dante changed his opinion about AJ, but I don't think he knew/knows about Connie and AJ.

• Love 1
Olivia's never hesitated to admit when she's wrong. But they probably won't give her a scene in which to do so.

That's one of the things I like about Liv. But I agree, we probably won't see her apologize to Michael or hear her say she was wrong about AJ to anyone.

I don't think he was being condescending. Kiki, on the other, did. "Oh Michael couldn't handle that, oh he already has so many burdens." Shut up Kiki!!! You don't know him!!!!

Seeing as how Michael's own parents think he's a delicate hothouse flower, that reasoning isn't, uh, unreasonable. But Lauren needs to shut up just on general principle.

• Love 1

Okay gotcha, I thought you were talking about lawyer Diane, but I was like, when would she and Serena have met lol.

And don't me wrong, Serena showing up at GH as a newbie doctor alongside Lucas would be fun.  Just never what leapt first to my mind.

Edited by TeeVee329

Okay gotcha, I thought you were talking about lawyer Diane, but I was like, when would she and Serena have met lol.

And don't me wrong, Serena showing up at GH as a newbie doctor alongside Lucas would be fun.  Just never what leapt first to my mind.

Serena has taken after her father and grandfather and is just finishing law school. In fact she is coming to town to represent Carly because her childhood friend Lulu has asked for her help.....Lulu would have called her about the custody thing but she was still just a student

• Love 1

If I were to cruelly inflict Franco and Nina on Canada, I'd ship them off to Nunavut... I mean, the joke is that you have to be crazy to live there in the first place and there is always the possibility that they'll get eaten by polar bears. Nina in particular barks like a seal... and, Odin's Ravens know that Franco can do that cat squall if he gets shot or stubs his toe. Both of those noises would attract polar bears and then we might be rid of them for good.

But I like Canada and feel bad about waging war against them by sending those two awful characters to them... even the remote parts.

So I would prefer to send Franco and Nino to the Democratic Republic of the Congo... because that place is awful. So awful that I'm pretty sure an Elder God sleeps below the surface. Two characters like that need to be sent to a living embodiment of a Despair Event Horizon. Although I fear it would only make them stronger.

• Love 4
If I were to cruelly inflict Franco and Nina on Canada, I'd ship them off to Nunavut... I mean, the joke is that you have to be crazy to live there in the first place and there is always the possibility that they'll get eaten by polar bears. Nina in particular barks like a seal... and, Odin's Ravens know that Franco can do that cat squall if he gets shot or stubs his toe. Both of those noises would attract polar bears and then we might be rid of them for good.

I just got an image of MSt acting out Nina being eaten by a polar bear.  The Soup would have to call it a day after airing that clip.  Nothing will ever match it. 

• Love 7

On the subject of serena I could def see her involved in cosemtics or fashion after Lucy/Scotty/Dominquie were all involved in deception.I wouldn't mind a doctor either although maybe its a good idea serena stay away so RC can't get his hands on her lol.

• Love 1

To answer yesterday's burning question, today's episode confirmed that Michael and Rosalie were banging in Michael's apartment, not the brownstone.

In other news, HA!  Suck it, Kiki!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

To answer yesterday's burning question, today's episode confirmed that Michael and Rosalie were banging in Michael's apartment, not the brownstone.

Yes but did Michael say "Oh shut up Kiki it was never your bed, it was Abby's and I always thought of her,when we were in it."

• Love 2

Seeing as how Michael's own parents think he's a delicate hothouse flower, that reasoning isn't, uh, unreasonable. But Lauren needs to shut up just on general principle.

They don't see him as a delicate flower.  They seem him as their cheerleader, and they are desperate to protect that about him.  So they lie to him, not to protect HIM or because HE couldn't handle the truth, but because THEY don't want to lose how he looks out for them, and protects them, and drops everything when they call.  

• Love 6

Could Kiki BE any more of a ridiculous, hypocritical, vortex of suck?  Acting like she got cheated on when she was dumped for valid reasons.  Calling Rosalie a tramp when she's the chick who flashed her boobs at her boyfriend's brother repeatedly.  Being shocked, just SHOCKED that Michael would dump her over this.  Her awful parting shot about being "sad" that Michael would trash what they had when she's the one who trashed it after she got done trashing his relationship with his brother.  I...hate her so much, you guys.  It's reaching Ford levels.

Anna has more restraint than I do because, as much as I typically love her, I would have decked Lucy in the face.  Who does she think she is, inserting herself into this situation?

They can't find Robert?  He's in Wisconsin, duh!

Awww at Jake(son) seeing the picture of Alan.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

Well today was slow and boring and involved nearly every single character that I cannot stand, what a send off to the weekend. 

Nik's hair is still incredibly stupid.

Jakson feeling as if he "recognized" Alan, Edward, and Lilia's portraits...sure, whatever, of course he did because Ron is determined to drag this shit out until 2015.

And how nice of Liz to teach her little boys to be wary of strangers. Seriously, Cameron wants a guy he's never even met to just come home with his mother and teach him to hammer nails...?

I am 99.9% positive that everything Ron knows about kids, what very little that is, is from watching "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". The kids he writes are either snotty, bratty, spoiled, annoying and self centered, or they apparently trust to a fault anyone who merely looks at them with a smile.

So now they're targeting Anna? Whatever, if she isn't going to actually try and find Robin and sort her out then I really don't care where she ends up.

Finally a Monica sighting, about damn time.

• Love 1

Yes, at Michael telling KaKa off.

Lol at Liz moving a complete stranger in her house with her 2 young kids. And of course she has a picture of her and Jason up. God SB looked awful with that long hair.

A day without Nina and Ava is a good day.

Oh joy Sonny and Carly throwing a pity party in jail. Oh, please Sonny dont act like you would have looked for that baby at all. 

• Love 2

LOL at Dr. O's "nameless indigent" label for Jakeson. And we get it, show - Liz is Jakeson's superstar #1 advocate and practically his gf. Jeebus. Hate that Liz has a framed pic of herself and SBu's Jason with her family photos - but none of either Lucky or Nikolas with the boys.  TPBTB are really pushing this Jason is her lost love crap. 

Ugh at Nikolas, and of course Britt is fine with him presuming she'll skip work to do him.

Kiki's entire reaction and Michael's attitude toward her is actually more fun to watch than him disowning her and Morgan ... yesterday? Michael's point blank, "I don't love you" was great. This get out/irritation reaction rather than "Ha! Got back at you!" that Morgan did with Ava is great. Yes, Kiki, Michael is done with you because you lied to him. Glad it's finally sinking in. "It's Morgan's turn now, and he's more than welcome to you." Unmoved by her tears, hurt, anger. Go Michael!! 

Duke is such a douche. Anna should have dumped his ass months ago. "You seem to be in good hands." Great burn! Hey Lucy, it would be more subtle if you just wrote 'I want Duke' across your forehead. 

Carly admitting that even Joss is smarter than her, LOL. Sonny, it's just you and Carly now. You don't have to pretend to be worried about missing girlchild. 

I can't even re: the WSB guy wanting Britt's help to go after Anna for "murder of Faison."

Also, you all called it that apparently Monica finds out the truth from reading the newspaper. *Sigh.*

• Love 5

I got a "Misery" feeling when poor Jake found that super photoshopped pic of Steve Burton from like the 90s and Liz. And lol that they can no longer use the mug shot. Like they can't use pics from when he did that story. But I did love him recognizing Alan, Edward, and Lila before Sonny and Carly. And it feels right to be a Q? Oh but you're trapped, dude.

Kiki is dumb. Um he's banging another girl, told you he doesn't love you, said you're dead to him. Yes, date night is so on still. No. No, Lauren. You are dumb. She's so dumb I want Chad to dump her irl almost.

And because one can't say it enough.....shut up Sonny.

• Love 2

LOL at Kiki's "What are you saying Michael?!"

You got cold-ass dumped kiddo. You deserved every word of it. Michael was much nicer than he could and should have been if you ask me. 

I was also very amused about Sonny's murderous ranting right there in his cell next to the guard. How is he the top of the mob heap again? 

• Love 5

I'm so confused. Doesn't Ron want us to like the charity case of a character that is Kiki? She's insufferable. If it weren't for Lucy she'd easily be the most insufferable character of the day.

I love Carly being all "yeah I have no idea why I did all those blatantly out of character things".

I think Ron must really want Robert back. Shoulda signed him to a contract, ya dolts.

• Love 8

Could Kiki BE any more of a ridiculous, hypocritical, vortex of suck?  Acting like she got cheated on when she was dumped for valid reasons.  Calling Rosalie a tramp when she's the chick who flashed her boobs at her boyfriend's brother repeatedly.  Being shocked, just SHOCKED that Michael would dump her over this.  Her awful parting shot about being "sad" that Michael would trash what they had when she's the one who trashed it after she got done trashing his relationship with his brother.  I...hate her so much, you guys.  It's reaching Ford levels.

Not to mention, Michael bringing up her lying for Franco in February and her STILL defending that shit! STILL!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. We need to start a twitter campaign. #Kikicollege or something

lol at Liz having a picture of Jennifer skye/Sarah. Show, I beg of you, don't do it.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

Hate that Liz has a framed pic of herself and SBu's Jason with her family photos - but none of either Lucky or Nikolas with the boys.  TPBTB are really pushing this Jason is her lost love crap.

Cameron "Mom why don't you have a picture of my dad, or Aiden's dad?"

Liz "There is a picture of Lucky here somewhere."

Cameron "My Dad is Zander Mom, can't you keep track of your baby daddies."

• Love 5

Kiki's entire reaction and Michael's attitude toward her is actually more fun to watch than him disowning her and Morgan ... yesterday? Michael's point blank, "I don't love you" was great. This get out/irritation reaction rather than "Ha! Got back at you!" that Morgan did with Ava is great. Yes, Kiki, Michael is done with you because you lied to him. Glad it's finally sinking in. "It's Morgan's turn now, and he's more than welcome to you." Unmoved by her tears, hurt, anger. Go Micheal

All those scenes had me laughing out loud. Especially, with her being shocked, I mean SHOCKED that Michael would break up with her because of she lied to him about important things for months. It also prove that Kaka doesn't know Michael or the Corinthia like the show has been trying to portray. If she did, she would know cutting be off & jumping in bed with the next bed warmer was part for the course.

KA nasal flared, snarled, jutted her jaw & breathed like a freight train through her scenes today.

I did like seeing the portraits of Gh'so past characters again, Jesse, Amy, Tony,etc. I totally blocked out Liz & Jake & remembered something of my favorite scenes. Whose portrait was to the left of Amy?

Nothing else interested me and the less I say about the CarSon twu wuv sorry not sorry let's blame Franco fest the better. Sonny still hasn't regretted killing AJ. It's all I should have killed Franco sooner.

• Love 3

Cameron "Mom why don't you have a picture of my dad, or Aiden's dad?"

Liz "There is a picture of Lucky here somewhere."

Cameron "My Dad is Zander Mom, can't you keep track of your baby daddies."

Seriously I thought Lucky WAS Cameron's dad. And who is Aiden?

• Love 1