Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

So Cameron and Oscar for the win. This is my new OTP. It's perfect for the show because it's messy as hell with the fact that Cameron's brother is Oscar's cousin.  I don't think people are allowed to be in relationships on the show very long unless they have at least one relative in common.  This is the true reason that frizz remains.

57 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So is it Chase and Valerie?  I thought Valerie was heading for Kristina.

I don't think that they've made any commitments as far as Chase or Valerie are concerned. 

Spoiler

It seems that they're also planning on testing Chase with Lulu.

Edited by drtslim

Why is Dawson so hell bent on getting justice for her father? He was also involved with the mob which she despises. And didn’t she say that she was only two when he disappeared? So she basically wouldn’t even remember him 

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, drtslim said:

I don't think that they've made any commitments as far as Chase or Valerie are concerned. 

Hide contents

It seems that they're also planning on testing Chase with Lulu.

Hmm ... there would an interesting layer her as Brytni sees her partner and cousin drift toward a relationship.  Hmm???  

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, gp1999 said:

Why is Dawson so hell bent on getting justice for her father? He was also involved with the mob which she despises. And didn’t she say that she was only two when he disappeared? So she basically wouldn’t even remember him 

It's a lame story. Real lame and done 1 million times before. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LillyB said:

I don't think that using Jason's memories via Drew could ever stand up in court even if Drew was willing.

And even if it could, this story should have been done a year or so ago, soon after Jason returned home.

• Love 3

I can understand Lulu having the sadz to see someone else at Dante's desk working with Dante's partner but realistically it was going to happen since Dante was gone on a longterm assignment. Keystone Kops PCPD has to move on and do it's job even as Dante is away.

1 hour ago, LillyB said:

I don't think that using Jason's memories via Drew could ever stand up in court even if Drew was willing.

But maybe she could get a lead on something that Sonny did and then get independent evidence that will stand up in court. Sonny has to have done tons of illegal things that thePCPD and the DA's office don't know about yet much less where the bodies are buried on things they do know about.

1 hour ago, gp1999 said:

She grew up without a father and without any knowledge of what had become of him because he was murdered;  just because he was the lawyer for a mobster doesn't mean he's disposable like a used tissue.  She wants justice for him and for herself.

If it were Sonny in that situation, you can bet he would move hell and earth to get his justice.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 13

I don't know if it was poor directing or an odd acting moment, but an expression that says "Why is this strange woman kissing me?" was the wrong reaction for Ryan with Laura. He knows Kevin is married to Laura, and Laura is not some woman he's never seen or heard of before.  Since he's only pretending to be Kevin, why didn't he look like he was trying to hide disgust instead...

Best moment: Laura's burn to Lucy about giving soup to Scotty instead. Yes, Lucy, you should feel awkward. 

• Love 5

Does Ryan really need 500 feet of cable to strangle someone. I mean, they sell it in like 5 or 10 foot bundles.

I'm glad Valerie is back. Lulu looked a little jealous to me regarding Valerie and Chase. But maybe I am just manufacturing drama since this show cannot create any.  

• Love 3

I didn't like Laura snarking at Lucy. Sorry, I was not amused by the Scott comment. These are adults (supposedly™ Silas Clay forever). They shouldn't be acting like high schoolers. It's so stupid.

Also stupid: Margaux thinking Jason will turn on Sonny. She's supposed to have done her homework. Michael would turn on Sonny before Jason does. Ugh, this whole story is galactically stupid.

The Valerie stuff was nice, for a change.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Does Ryan really need 500 feet of cable to strangle someone. I mean, they sell it in like 5 or 10 foot bundles.

I'm glad Valerie is back. Lulu looked a little jealous to me regarding Valerie and Chase. But maybe I am just manufacturing drama since this show cannot create any.  

Maybe he bought in bulk because he plans to strangle in bulk.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, gp1999 said:

She can't want justice for losing her father and mourn the father she didn't get a chance to know?  And, sorry Carly, but being a mob lawyer is not equal to what Jason and Sonny do.  The former may have no morals, but the latter literally kills people.  You don't get to hoist yourself and them up on a high horse because (insert whatever bullshit du jour the writers crank out for why Sonny is a good person).

Maybe he bought in bulk because he plans to strangle in bulk.

Those deals at Costco are hard to resist.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I didn't like Laura snarking at Lucy. Sorry, I was not amused by the Scott comment. These are adults (supposedly™ Silas Clay forever). They shouldn't be acting like high schoolers. It's so stupid.

I said yesterday that I kinda enjoyed Laura getting to be a bit bitchy/salty for a change and I stand by that.  But watching it again (the clip's on the show's Twitter feed) and seeing how wounded Lucy looks...how do I explain this...Lucy has repeatedly, repeatedly accepted responsibility for what happened with Scotty and how that ended her marriage to Kevin.  So it's not that fun watching her be raked over the coals for it again and again when mobsters and their molls are lifted up as heroes. 

ETA...and thinking about it more, Scotty was free to have that affair with Lucy because he and Laura had divorced in part because Laura was spending a lot of time concerned about and chasing after her ex, Luke.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I don't mind Laura being bitchy/salty, either, but it shouldn't be directed at other women about men. Let her snap at Kevin for not welcoming her home properly. Snap at Ned for not moving quickly enough on the Charles Street recovery (what's that? There is no Charles Street recovery?). Something that's not an imagined rivalry with another woman about a man. GAH.

• Love 4

And it stood out, I guess, because Laura has never acted that way towards Lucy before, she - as she admitted to "Kevin" - mostly likes Lucy and usually is just bemused and in no way threatened by her antics.  And she also said she acknowledges the long history between Lucy and Kevin - THEY ALSO RAISED CHILDREN TOGETHER, SHOW, I WILL NEVER FORGET "PORT CHARLES"! - and that she's not demanding they not have a friendship or anything.

It'll be interesting to see if Ryan tries to stir up animosity there so Laura and Lucy can't compare notes and put the pieces together, or if Laura and Lucy will have to team up at some point to expose Ryan/protect Felicia/save Kevin.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, LillyB said:

Sasha needs to be Nina's child because they both like horses

Ya know, I was just thinking, who doesn't like horses?  How many people in the world don't?

I'm also wondering about Ryan, who presumably hasn't slept with anyone in 25 years.  Why he's not interested in Lucy or Laura or anyone?  Not that I want him to pounce on Laura, because, ick. 

• Love 5

While it's always nice to see Monica (and hey, she got to reference something that happened to her), I just could not care less about Oscar, him having cancer, whether the cancer kills him or not, whether him and Joss get back together, just...none of it.  'Tis a shame.

Oh snap, Felicia is in Ryan's cluuuuutches!

• Love 5

This Kevin/Ryan story is paced so horribly simply because we have so far seen no point of view from Kevin trapped in Ferncliff. I'm not suggesting we see it every day like we did Carly's ordeal, but if viewers hadn't seen that one scene where Kevin visited Ryan and Ryan was able to overpower Kevin no one watching would have any reason to believe this man welcoming Laura home wasn't Kevin Collins, aside from some odd behavior lately.

• Love 8

It felt good seeing Lulu and Laura chatting and catching up, though I wish Laura had mentioned visiting Liz and her boys on her return to PC agenda. I think from Laura's end, the weirdness with Kevin can be explained as a natural awkwardness after so many months apart. But Ryan's going to have to give her something more soon if he wants this ruse to be successful.

This was a small detail, but I loved Maxie trying to eavesdrop on Curtis and Nina's conversation. Every time Nina harps on the significance of that half-heart necklace, I roll my eyes. If she expects her daughter to have the other half, then she must have birthed an entire generation of women who had access to Claire's in the '90s.

I was thinking to myself, "hmm, Carly's actually being decent by not copping an attitude with Kim," and then I saw the previews for tomorrow where she's yelling at Ava, so clearly all her normal venom is reserved for that encounter. First mention of the anniversary of Morgan's death today, buckle up!

• Love 5

I liked watching Ryan squirm, trying to keep Laura at arm's length.  Also a really good look for Lulu, at last.

Why has Carly suddenly decided that she wants to go therapy after she's put it down every time before?  Oh, right, plot contrivance.

While I'm glad to have stories that aren't about sainted Jason and the mob, is there anything more boring than Joss's teen girl angst that her boyfriend broke up with her?

I liked the idea of Drew telling Oscar he needs to stay in school as a symbol of positivity but really, let the kid out of school. Take him on an adventure or do something on his wish list, it's still being positive but not being blind to Oscar's feelings.

15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Does anyone need objective journalism about serial killers?

I think especially about serial killers.  But there's no reason at all that for Lulu's yellow journalism rag to write about him.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I said yesterday that I kinda enjoyed Laura getting to be a bit bitchy/salty for a change and I stand by that.  But watching it again (the clip's on the show's Twitter feed) and seeing how wounded Lucy looks...how do I explain this...Lucy has repeatedly, repeatedly accepted responsibility for what happened with Scotty and how that ended her marriage to Kevin.  So it's not that fun watching her be raked over the coals for it again and again when mobsters and their molls are lifted up as heroes. 

ETA...and thinking about it more, Scotty was free to have that affair with Lucy because he and Laura had divorced in part because Laura was spending a lot of time concerned about and chasing after her ex, Luke.

I liked what Laura said because Lucy showed up at Kevin and Laura's house announced to give him soup specifically because she thought Laura was still out of town, after proclaiming at the bar that "Doc" was clearly under the weather and touching his face.  That's has an I-want-to-be-your-girlfriend-look-how-much-I-still-care vibe about it. In Laura's shoes, I wouldn't have reacted well to Lucy showing up either. Laura effectively made the point that Lucy lost the right to act like Kevin's significant other when she cheated with Scotty. 

I recall that Laura asked Scotty to watch over Nikolas in the hospital when she and Luke went after Lulu, who had been kidnapped. The other time they left town together was to go after Lucky, who had been kidnapped. It seems to me it's different when the two characters have children and grandchildren in common, esp. when you have a daughter like Lulu who acted like she neeeeedeed her dad to be present in Port Charles for the sake of her emotional health. She was thrilled at seeing her parents, fully functional, in the same place (especially after Laura had spent years being catatonic). I also remember in recent years Tracy of all people telling Laura she would bankroll her in going after Luke, but Laura said nope not anymore.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Laura effectively made the point that Lucy lost the right to act like Kevin's significant other when she cheated with Scotty. 

And my point was that she's never said otherwise, Lucy has always acknowledged that the end of her and Kevin's marriage is her fault.  So it feels a little unnecessary that it gets thrown in her face time and time and time again.

That said, my girl is a little thirsty lol.  I don't think she's actively trying to steal him or sabotage things, but I do think she's still in love with Doc and would resume a relationship with him in a heartbeat if he wanted to.

I recall that Laura asked Scotty to watch over Nikolas in the hospital when she and Luke went after Lulu, who had been kidnapped. The other time they left town together was to go after Lucky, who had been kidnapped. It seems to me it's different when the two characters have children and grandchildren in common,

I was thinking of when Luke got his earring poisoned by Helena and was dying.  IIRC, Laura was snooping around about what was going on with him, had her mom break into the hospital computers, interrogated Tracy about it, and then she followed Luke out of town.  And I think, when she got back, Scott was like, "Yeah, we're over, you're clearly not done with Luke."

And Lucy and Kevin raised children together.  Sure sure, most of it was on "Port Charles", but it was acknowledged on this show when Kevin first came back, and I will never forget!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I liked the Oscar/Cam and Cam/Joss conversations, surprisingly. I liked that Cam told Oscar that Joss would be angry with him if he didn't tell her he was sick just like he was angry at his parents. I also liked that Cam is respecting Oscar's privacy. (And that he didn't hit on Joss when she was vulnerable.)

I LOLed when Oscar told Cam to dumb down his paper and add some run-on sentences, and the teacher wouldn't suspect it was originally Oscar's. Hee. 

I support Oscar being angry at everyone, but he's also barreling toward martyr status with his "What's the point of going to school?" nonsense.

"Oscar is going through something personal, but that's really all I can say." "Okay, I won't meddle." WHAT? Meddling is what Carly does.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And it stood out, I guess, because Laura has never acted that way towards Lucy before, she - as she admitted to "Kevin" - mostly likes Lucy and usually is just bemused and in no way threatened by her antics.  And she also said she acknowledges the long history between Lucy and Kevin - THEY ALSO RAISED CHILDREN TOGETHER, SHOW, I WILL NEVER FORGET "PORT CHARLES"! - and that she's not demanding they not have a friendship or anything.

It'll be interesting to see if Ryan tries to stir up animosity there so Laura and Lucy can't compare notes and put the pieces together, or if Laura and Lucy will have to team up at some point to expose Ryan/protect Felicia/save Kevin.

I want this so much and I didn't even know it until you said it. 

I still remember when Lucy first came on the show and was all quiet mousy librarian girl/hidden sex kitten. She needs to be on the show more and teaming up with Laura to expose Ryan/protect Felicia/save Kevin would be all kinds of awesome. So of course it won't happen and Carly will save the day and all of the world with her new cell phone knowledge of morse code.

Damn I hate Carly and her stable of adoring men. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

I want this so much and I didn't even know it until you said it. 

I still remember when Lucy first came on the show and was all quiet mousy librarian girl/hidden sex kitten. She needs to be on the show more and teaming up with Laura to expose Ryan/protect Felicia/save Kevin would be all kinds of awesome. So of course it won't happen and Carly will save the day and all of the world with her new cell phone knowledge of morse code.

Damn I hate Carly and her stable of adoring men. 

I presume it'll go something like this: "Kevin is acting too strange to be Kevin, he must be his presumed-dead twin brother who was presumed-dead before I even hit Port Charles and I know nothing about, but, bygones, I'm CarlyBraveAndStrongAndSMART so I will crack the case, but I was also be in danger and Sonny and Jason will have to team up to save me and they will and I'll fake laugh and this is just another recycle of the Corinthii having to be wedged into every storyline and also water is still wet."

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 8

I just don't see why Carly needs to be involved in the Ryan story at all, given she's already in the baby swap story AND the body nobody cares about story.

In other news, I just had a random daydream of Laura singing that "I've got your man and you can't do anything About It!" song to Lucy.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly is also peripherally in the Oscar story. She's got plenty going on without shoving her way into the Ryan stuff.

Not that something like that has ever stopped them.

• Love 3

Is there a rule that Carly has to be an obnoxious shrew to everyone she comes into contact with aside from a few people? I'm no fan of Ava but she was right when she said Jason would still be drugged up in Russia if it wasn't for her and it would be nice if they were to remember that every once in awhile. Ava didn't have to help Jason escape or use a phone in that facility and if I'm remembering it all correctly, she helped him at great cost to her own self by not getting the surgery she wanted to fix her face. Jason and Carly downplaying it to "she got [me] a paperclip" is obnoxious but sadly in character for both of them. Was that a rewrite when Jason said that he had helped her get the formula to fix her face? I vaguely remember Griffin helping her when she and then-Patient-Six got back to the States.

Hell, if anyone Valentin rescued Jason and you all know how much I hate to say that ;) But no one would have found Jason if Valentin hadn't appealed to Ava's vanity and sent her to that clinic.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Is there a rule that Carly has to be an obnoxious shrew to everyone she comes into contact with aside from a few people? I'm no fan of Ava but she was right when she said Jason would still be drugged up in Russia if it wasn't for her and it would be nice if they were to remember that every once in awhile. Ava didn't have to help Jason escape or use a phone in that facility and if I'm remembering it all correctly, she helped him at great cost to her own self by not getting the surgery she wanted to fix her face. Jason and Carly downplaying it to "she got [me] a paperclip" is obnoxious but sadly in character for both of them. 

Imagine if it had been Carly who got him a paperclip.  She'd petition for a National Day of Honor for herself.

Carly (to Ava): My son is dead because of you, get the hell out of my house!

Me: How come Monica never gets to say this to Sonny and Carly whenever they trample all over the house that Alan gave to her, AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

To be fair, AJ was fat, so...

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 10
Just now, Cheyanne11 said:

Imagine if it had been Carly who got him a paperclip.  She'd potential for a National Day of Honor for herself.

I assume that's coming once she rescues Kevin.  "I looked up Morse Code on my phone, give me the key to the city!".

• Love 4
20 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That said, my girl is a little thirsty lol.  I don't think she's actively trying to steal him or sabotage things, but I do think she's still in love with Doc and would resume a relationship with him in a heartbeat if he wanted to.

Yes, she clearly is. I don't think she's actively trying to sabotage the Kevin-Laura marriage, either, but it seems like she's trying to make it clear to him that *she* knows him, cares about him very much, and is happy to take care of him.  If Kevin expressed doubts about staying in his marriage due to Laura's priorities/continued absence from home, I absolutely think Lucy would be all "you deserve to be top priority in your marriage." I also think she would let him know that if he chose to end his marriage, she would be there for him.  

If the fussing over "Doc" was an innocent, platonic move, she could have placed a delivery order for Kevin's home ... and she wouldn't have reacted like she was caught being inappropriate.  I feel like Jason and Carly could have easily slipped into Kevin and Lucy's places in that bar scene, with the touchy stuff and the dialogue. When Laura answered the door to Lucy, I was thinking "that's such a Carly-type move" to show up uninvited, dying to take care of/spend quality time with Jason while he and Sam are apart. Although, Carly would have reacted very badly to Sam trying to set boundaries (seeing how that worked out in the past when the issue was brought up).

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Linny said:

I just...what is there to say at this point? Carly invited Ava into her home for the sole purpose of bullying her. Ava didn't attack first, she stayed on-message about Avery's schedule, yet Carly still tore into her just because she could. Not just about Morgan, where the anger is valid, but about Kiki and Griffin, which is pure mean-girl behavior. And Carly's vitriol wasn't enough, she also allowed Jason to physically intimidate Ava and act like a dismissive dick in regard to Ava's assistance with his escape from the clinic. (JUST a paperclip? Fuck you, pal, and remember that paperclip is the difference between your ass on Sam's couch playing daddy and your ass confined in a chair in Russia.) 

These are our heroes. The people who will run themselves ragged discrediting the D.A. to protect Sonny from a murder we know he's responsible for, but will never, ever, EVER relent towards anyone who has done them wrong. How did we get here? Honestly, from where I'm sitting, I don't know how anyone views this total absence of humility and decency as justifiable.

This right here is why I'm done with this show. There's no longer anything keeping me around with enough counterbalance to make the awfulness of the Corinthi palatable. I'm no longer going to subject myself to this... morally bankrupt, tone deaf writing.  I'm out. 

• Love 12

I had to stop watching after Carly attacked Ava just for fun and to take her mind off Mike and Sonny.  It was so foul

So Jason thinks that giving Ava the formula  after she got kicked out of  the clinic for helping him wipes out his debt to her. He's as foul as Carly is.  Am I supposed to root for him to get Sam after that?  (I also hated Kristina thanking him for saving her life "again". Just in case we forgot that this is St. Jasus.

• Love 8

Lucy has always been possessive about Kevin, whether they're in a relationship or not.

What was with Ava's lighting in the early scenes with Jason and Carly? It was like her eyes had their own key light, and it was very distracting. And of course Carly and Jason are scornful toward Ava. Ava should tell Carly to shove it and take Sonny to court anyway. Using a lawyer other than Scott, obviously.

Meeting one's birth mother is a disruption no matter what, I'd think. Ugh, Nina was somewhat reasonable by knowing what a sea change her existence to Sasha will be, but of course she has to call Sasha and tell her who she is. Why not have Curtis be the go-between?

I know JL is overplaying Ryan for the audience's sake, but I wish someone (who knows Kevin pretty well) would start to realize something is a little off with "Kevin."

The Danny stuff was so anvilicious. Oof.

• Love 2