Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Kiki being Nina' s secret daughter doesn't make her behavior any better though since she believed that Ava is her mother when she slept with Griffin. And now she's invited Griffin to move into her apartment building.  Which he totally will do instead of moving into the giant house where his father's ex lives.

Ava shouldn't have called Kiki a whore but she was angry at her daughter betraying her. But Kiki was foul herself with the Nah nah nah, I'm going to see Avery and you can't stop me because Sonny lets me.

It is one thing for Ava to demand Kiki to stay away from Avery which as her mom she get to have some say on that but she is only doing this to hurt Kiki and more importantly, Avery.

And after Kiki fought Sonny so hard so that Ava could see her daughter ... oh, wait.  Kiki never said boo to Sonny to let Ava see Avery so that Avery isn't hurt by the loss of her mother (see attachment theory on the effects of separating a young child from her mother).  I agree Ava is doing it to hurt Kiki.  But not to hurt Avery.  It's gross that Avery has a connection with Kiki but not with her own mother.

None of the three of them are admirable. But Griffin and Kiki aren't even trying to right the wrong.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I don't think there has been a gay supercouple yet. Maybe the DAYS boys? Bianca Montgomery's relationships, nope. Brucas has mostly happened offscreen. Even our beloved Kish, @TeeVee329, I wouldn't call a supercouple, given how they were cut short in 2010.

I recall Olivia and Natalia on Guiding Light sending fans into a frenzy. That was nice and soapy, too -- they were rivals over a dude, and then ultimately fell into each other's arms.

• Love 5

Brick's kissing up to Carly was disgusting.  Over the top embarrassing, even for this show.  It went on forever, with Carly alternately fluttering and braying throughout.

Sure everyone hated Madeline, but did they walk into the funeral parlor and say, "Give me the cheapest, most plywood-looking casket you have."?  It looked homemade, by Red Green.  All it was missing was duct tape.

So, is Mike going to say that he did the crime in order to save Sonny?

• Love 7

So, per Kiki, Ava can't keep Avery from her...but it was fine that Kiki felt totally justified keeping Avery from Ava.  Hypocrite.

also, please Jesus, spare me from another day like today with that annoying Brick kissing Carly's ass and her fake-as-hell laugh in response.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Perkie said:

Stella said his name was Marcus which is why we all assumed it was Taggert.  

Oh, God. I never thought Show would mine its history in that direction. Brilliant.

It would be more perfect if Marcus dumped Stella for undercover police work. The pieces.... the rantings.... the Sonnypropping... it all fits!

Edited by NutmegsDad
It fits!
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Sure everyone hated Madeline, but did they walk into the funeral parlor and say, "Give me the cheapest, most plywood-looking casket you have."?  It looked homemade, by Red Green.  All it was missing was duct tape.

6 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

Seriously!  It was like looking at the pine box that Dorothy, Blanche, Rose, and Sophia bought for Frieda Claxton's funeral on that episode of The Golden Girls waaaaaaaay back in the '80s.

Mr TVEye came home from work when they were showing the casket and said "Is the budget for this show that bad?".  I had to explain that in this case it's meant to look that way, to which he replied, "this show is horrible".

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I don't think there has been a gay supercouple yet. Maybe the DAYS boys? Bianca Montgomery's relationships, nope. Brucas has mostly happened offscreen. Even our beloved Kish, @TeeVee329, I wouldn't call a supercouple, given how they were cut short in 2010.

Yeah, even though I thought they were overpraised - they borrowed a lot of beats from Bianca, Luke/Noah, and Kish and, you know, kicked back and let all the other shows kick in doors that they then walked through - Will and Sonny are probably the closest (though they're currently horrible.  Shut up, Sonny).  It's a shame Bianca never had a great pairing, that crown really belongs to her.  And while Kish is certainly my favorite soap couple (have I mentioned that before?), I haven't deluded myself like these Parker stans into thinking they were a supercouple in that show's pantheon.

• Love 3

You have to love the double-standard of Sam apologizing to Jason (someone she isn't married to or even dating, and sees their son only sporadically) for not giving him advance notice that she went to Oregon for only a few days, when Jason didn't consult Sam and didn't actually give her or Danny a second thought when he wanted to play Hide The Escaped Fugitive with Carly in another country for three months or indefinitely.

Then he has the gall to tell Sam its not fair that she has to do all the parenting for Danny alone.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Then he has the gall to tell Sam its not fair that she has to do all the parenting for Danny alone.

Did that come with a laugh track?  Because Sam doesn't seem to be doing the heavy lifting in that regard, either.  Maybe give Monica and the Q staff the credit there.

• Love 12

Joss' heavy-handed dialogue, essentially: "Oscar, I'm so glad you were released from General Hospital! We're so lucky to be young and restless, with all the days of our lives in front of us to spend together. We only have one life to live, let's make the most of it by making out in the woods!" Subtle as a two-by-four to the head, as always.

Nina connecting the half-heart necklace (which was totally designed to be in two pieces, but nice try pretending otherwise, show) to "Annie" (why?) and concluding that it's a message from her mother that she didn't have a miscarriage had me doing the Jason Morgan slow blink of confusion. Seriously, what? Even more annoying than that inane thought process is the fact that she's RIGHT.

Loved Drew confiding in Sam about the Oscar situation. That quiet little conversation and handholding displayed more intimacy than anything we've seen from Sam and Jason.

• Love 19
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, ByaNose said:

I thought Alexis didn't know the bio Mom but Diane did. That said, with Diane knowing it's basically the same thing. I hope they drag the baby Wiley storyline for a good year or so. Back in the day they did this kind of storytelling but now everyone finds out a month later.

This baby swap is like none I've ever seen:  Baby mostly off screen  - along with the not-parents.  Soap swaps include baby being front and center (bonding with the not-parents), not-dead-child parent mourning every minute on screen, and constant near misses that ratchet up the tension.  Throw in the guilt of the swapper and the frequent aborted confessions.  It would have been so much more interesting if baby James was swapped.  At least there would have been an emotional impact with newly widowed Maxie, who is frequently on screen and connected to almost every character.

• Love 2

I guess Nina's coma baby will be wearing the other half of the necklace. Do they still make those necklaces anymore? It took me back to when I was a teenager.

If they do Val/Kristina and I think they are headed there which they should have done in the first place instead of inflicting Parker on us, then I'm completely on board with this. There's actual chemistry there.

Sam/Drew scenes were nice. 

Also, maybe I missed it, but why is Sonny letting his father who has Alzheimer walk around the city on his own?

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, LillyB said:

I can't stand Krissy. I think that she is self absorbed, entitled bitch who has no problem using people and whining while doing it.

That's basically how Lindsey Morgan describes the character when asked about her time on GH.

It's not believable at all that the spoiled princess would get work as a bartender.  A part time job where she would actually have to clean and keep her attitude in check.  Is this supposed to make her seem relatable like when she was a barista standing on her feet all day in 4 inch heels with no customer's in sight?

• Love 3

The only thing I like about Kristina's job search is that the show is realistic about her options. I fully expect Michael to offer her the VP of PR or something at ELQ, but for now, at least, a job as a bartender/barista/Trader Joe's crew member is about all she can hope for without a college degree. (Though I'm sure many people working as a bartender/barista/Trader Joe's crew member have college degrees.)

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The only thing I like about Kristina's job search is that the show is realistic about her options. I fully expect Michael to offer her the VP of PR or something at ELQ, but for now, at least, a job as a bartender/barista/Trader Joe's crew member is about all she can hope for without a college degree. (Though I'm sure many people working as a bartender/barista/Trader Joe's crew member have college degrees.)

She has a college degree though. They never told us for what but they said she dropped out of grad school to be with Parker. Which means she already has her undergraduate degree. And even if she didn't bartender and cashier are not the only jobs available without a college degree. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, In2You said:

She has a college degree though.

Does she? Yesterday, in the first scene, with Mike, she was bemoaning the lack of opportunities for someone with no degree. Of course, the writers not knowing is totally in keeping with the general sloppiness of the show.

• Love 2
On 9/5/2018 at 12:15 AM, Grammy6 said:

I think Oscar has some kind of childhood cancer that he had as a very young child.  He may have been young enough that he no longer really remembers it.   

I haven't seen this week, and it sounds pretty stupid (I was also liking Kim until this crap), but if Danny suddenly got cancer again as a teenager, I doubt he'd remember it if Sam never told him he had it (which she probably won't)

I know I expect too much of this show but if Kristina was in a graduate program, it was mystically bestowed.  None of the writing for her college careers match that.

I thought it was hysterical that Sam was trying to interest Jason in Danny's school and then immediately Drew comes over and is all emotional about losing Oscar, who he's known about for only a few months.  Why does Sam think that the other parents would react badly to Jason?  Except for the fact that he's emotionless, blinks to express his thoughts and is a hit man for Sonny.

Speaking of which, does Sonny have every construction worker in town in his pocket?  Every one?  How can he arrange for everyone to bid too high for Julian to hire them?

16 hours ago, ciarra said:

Now I want the duct tape.  And Harold.

At least they didn't contact the company in Nova Scotia that will mail you the lumber and instructions to put together your own.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Sam and Jason were whispering more than usual. Why?

That’s all they ever do these days, which is weird because the characters used to yell at each other, lol.

47 minutes ago, Linny said:

That quiet little conversation and handholding displayed more intimacy than anything we've seen from Sam and Jason.

Who is to blame for that? The actors? The writers? Jason and Sam shouldn’t even be a thing if both the actors and writers aren’t coming together to sell a certain product.  It’s actually really insulting, in a way, that anyone expects the audience not to notice why certain things are occurring. And I’m not even a fan. But man. 

• Love 3
Just now, Hater said:

Apparently Sam/Jason can't touch because they will then give in to their deep temptation.  Even typing that made me laugh.

I feel for the fans who need some type of justification, but if the writers aren’t writing it and the actors aren’t willing to go beyond the script in any which way, it’s time to end it. The bare minimum, if that, isn’t cutting it.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I feel for the fans who need some type of justification, but if the writers aren’t writing it and the actors aren’t willing to go beyond the script in any which way, it’s time to end it. The bare minimum, if that, isn’t cutting it.

Monaco and Burton, especially the former refuse to play any type of subtext.  My favorite "touching scene" was at Jonah's funeral when the camera passes them, she places her hand on his arm and then takes it right off once they are out of frame. 

Spoiler

Maybe she'll be different after she comes back from the surgery because eventually that garbage pairing will happen and she clearly didn't get her way.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Does she? Yesterday, in the first scene, with Mike, she was bemoaning the lack of opportunities for someone with no degree. Of course, the writers not knowing is totally in keeping with the general sloppiness of the show.

When she dropped out of college to be with Parker they claimed she was only dropping out of grad school onscreen. Extra sloppy that they keep going back and forth with this. Kristina has been in school since 2011. More than enough time to get her bachelors. Even so without a degree there's still opportunities for her.  She could easily get a job at the hospital that pays well above minimum wage without choosing bartending. You don't need a degree to work the greet desk.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Hater said:

Monaco and Burton, especially the former refuse to play any type of subtext.  My favorite "touching scene" was at Jonah's funeral when the camera passes them, she places her hand on his arm and then takes it right off once they are out of frame. 

Hide contents

Maybe she'll be different after she comes back from the surgery because eventually that garbage pairing will happen and she clearly didn't get her way.

I really don’t think they will put them back together.  Frank called them history in an interview.  Then said Dream still love each other and have a family.  

7 minutes ago, In2You said:

She could easily get a job at the hospital that pays well above minimum wage without choosing bartending. You don't need a degree to work the greet desk.

What job at GH will pay well above minimum wage with no college degree?

2 minutes ago, bamajen said:

I really don’t think they will put them back together.  Frank called them history in an interview.  Then said Dream still love each other and have a family.  

Frank also said Drew and Sam had children, plural, so I don't think Frank knows what he's talking about.

• Love 3

SBu said that Jason and Sam will get back together slowly.  Oh joy.

34 minutes ago, In2You said:

She could easily get a job at the hospital that pays well above minimum wage without choosing bartending. You don't need a degree to work the greet desk.

Best part time job I ever had was working as a ward clerk in the emergency department at a hospital because I had to be on the ball all the time.  But I didn't get to sass anyone, there wasn't time to flip my hair and I got whatever the union could negotiate as did everyone else.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

SBu said that Jason and Sam will get back together slowly.  Oh joy.

Well, it can't go any slower than it is now. You think that at their current rate of touching they might hug by next spring?

• Love 9
Just now, LexieLily said:

Well, it can't go any slower than it is now. You think that at their current rate of touching they might hug by next spring?

Oh come on, they kissed for New Year's.  Isn't that going fast enough?

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, bamajen said:

While the writers proceeded to tell us how suffocated Sam felt in her relationship with Drew and how she couldn't be herself at all. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

What job at GH will pay well above minimum wage with no college degree?

Minimum wage is 11.75/hr in NY. Bartenders make below minimum wage because they make their wages in tips. At GH she could could make close to $20/hr as a receptionist. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

but why is Sonny letting his father who has Alzheimer walk around the city on his own?

Whoever the day nurse was (not Felix) was taking Mike to an appointment.  I guess at some point, Mike took off, which means that nurse should be fired.  Also, the reason why Sonny needs to put Mike in a facility, so that he's not wandering the streets with a monkey wrench in his hands.  

• Love 7

I didn’t watch GH when Kristina was on board so I don’t know the her history, etc. However. I do see why so many of you didn’t want her to come back. She’s just a really TERRIBLE actress. Why would they bring her back? And this story with Mike makes me really sad because my mom died from associated illnesses related to Alzheimers. If any shows are going to do a story about this illness, please, please get it right!! You’re doing such a disservice to your viewers who have experienced this illness or will experience it with family members. This is nothing to screw around with, people. Get It Right!!!!

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, In2You said:

At GH she could could make close to $20/hr as a receptionist. 

Maybe if she had some experience and/or worked for a specialized department. I don't see Kristina legitimately qualified (i.e., she gets a job on her own merit, not because someone handed it to her on a silver platter) for anything that pays more than minimum wage. YMMV.

I love how knowing how to make a Manhattan and an old-fashioned proves Kristina's bartender bona fides. How about she makes a Sazerac or a Negroni, also classic drinks that are a bit more current.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I thought it was hysterical that Sam was trying to interest Jason in Danny's school

To me it sounded more like she was discouraging Jason from getting involved—the other parents "will probably have a stroke" when they see him.

There's no way Valerie would be delivering a message from the city council, especially as a cop on duty. Can't she just be stopping by the gastropub because she wants an after-work burger? Julian could have found out about his approval by phone.

Scout looked like she actually did just wake up from a nap, LOL. 

How is not talking about a crime Buckley has already committed aiding and abetting that crime? Jordan said his compassionate leave could be revoked if he didn't tell her and Curtis about Madeleine, and I'm pretty sure compassionate leave doesn't work that way, but whatever.

2 minutes ago, bamajen said:

Dream

I know this means Jason and Sam, but where is it from?

"The doctors have made it very clear [Mike] needs to stay calm." So stop screaming at him, Sonny, you jackass. UGH. This story.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I didn’t watch GH when Kristina was on board so I don’t know the her history, etc. However. I do see why so many of you didn’t want her to come back. She’s just a really TERRIBLE actress. Why would they bring her back? And this story with Mike makes me really sad because my mom died from associated illnesses related to Alzheimers. If any shows are going to do a story about this illness, please, please get it right!! You’re doing such a disservice to your viewers who have experienced this illness or will experience it with family members. This is nothing to screw around with, people. Get It Right!!!!

I'm surprised LA's mother hasn't popped up on this board to sing her daughter's praises yet for returning like she did on some other sites.

Edited by In2You
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

There's no way Valerie would be delivering a message from the city council, especially as a cop on duty. Can't she just be stopping by the gastropub because she wants an after-work burger? Julian could have found out about his approval by phone.

Permits is a civil matter; there's no reason for anyone from the police department to be involved.

On the other hand, Valerie is the only person I think of who might make a decent ship with Kristina so I can take the heavy-handedness here.

I googled how to make a Sazerac and even with the recipe I'm still confused about how to do it.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2