Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Now Sonny realizes maybe it wasn't such a great idea to make a big deal about buying Julian's gastropub. Typical Sonny not to think anything through.

He seems to be sure, though, that a gun encased in concrete for 20 years will have traces of his DNA. WTF, Writers???

• Love 2
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't understand the wonky timeline on the babies.  Brad and Lucas have "almost" reached the thirty day deadline, yet Michael is burying "his" baby tomorrow. 

Sorry, I like Nina, I like her with Maxie, and I really like the idea of her baby having survived. I haven't watched much since the before the baby switch, and I will be tuning in for this SL.  At least for awhile. 

Never too soon to start SORASing! Next week, Wylie will be 10 and dating Charlotte.

I like Nina, too, and I’m interested to see where that story goes. I’d prefer they bring in a new character rather than transplant Kiki’s family tree, though. The show needs some new young blood, and surprise family relationships between existing characters tend to feel forced and awkward most of the time.

5 hours ago, nilyank said:

The only reason why Carly shouldn’t donate to goodwill the items that Joss stole is because it was a lot of skimpy clothing .

Goodwill sells donated clothing at their stores. Plenty of skimpy clothes-loving people shop there!

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Margeau's shirt looks like a hurricane warning flag.

With the Charlie Brown colors and the long stripper tassels, that is perhaps the ugliest shirt I have seen someone wear on this show in a long time.  I think Margaux should add it to Joss’s Goodwill donation.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

With the Charlie Brown colors and the long stripper tassels, that is perhaps the ugliest shirt I have seen someone wear on this show in a long time.  I think Margaux should add it to Joss’s Goodwill donation.

This is what happens when the budget dries up.

5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Wylie will be 10 and dating Charlotte.

Since "Wylie" is really Jonah (Bobbie's great grandson), he's related by blood to Charlotte(Luke's granddaughter) so ewwww!!!

7 hours ago, rur said:

that a gun encased in concrete for 20 years will have traces of his DNA.

Would it though?  Plus there would be the killer's prints, possilby Scully's prints, Sonny's prints, Mike's prints and possibly Charlie's prints. 

Also Sonny didn't kill the guy, he just disposed of the body and gun.  So while his prints would be on the gun, they wouldn't be on any bullets still left in the gun.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, rur said:

He seems to be sure, though, that a gun encased in concrete for 20 years will have traces of his DNA. WTF, Writers???

Wow, the cops have forensic science more sophisticated than Spinelli, Brick, and Sonnys personal network that puts the WSB Black Ops to shame? HOW EVUL! That's worse than freezing the world.

• Love 1
On 8/19/2018 at 1:51 PM, Sake614 said:

Didn’t Carly say they were returning everything? And that she would pay for it all? Either way, I’d love it if the store(s) refused to let it slide and pressed charges anyway. It isn’t just about paying for the merchandise, it’s that Joss STOLE it. Just making financial restitution misses the point that there are consequences for ones actions. But of course since it’s Joss, there won’t be any consequences. 

If the store was to press charges, Diane would have sued the store for having enticing garments to steal, and failure to detect they were stolen, along with violating Joss' rights. And that doesn't include Sonny strongarming the store.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Also Sonny didn't kill the guy, he just disposed of the body and gun.

Sonny could have shot the guy in front of twenty people and signed a confession, he's still not going to jail, he's not leaving the mob, absolutely nothing is going to change.  This story is suuuch an annoying waste of time.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

This story is suuuch an annoying waste of time.

As are all stories involving the Corinthi and Jason in peril.  There's nothing to invest in ever.  

• Love 6

The gross part about it is how it's involving Mike's Alzheimer's disease. I guess I should be relieved Sonny isn't screaming at Mike for interfering with mob bidness, but the only reason he isn't is because Mike is sick. Ugh.

This whole story is idiotic. Sonny didn't wipe the gun before he buried it? He's worried this is the time the PCPD's lab will work correctly?  And even if Mike's prints are everywhere, him having Alzheimer's is likely to be his get-out-of-jail-free card. Diane will argue how inhumane it would be to imprison him and take him away from his loving family. How can the justice system be so heartless? Mo tries to cry when Sonny is on the stand talking about how terrible it is to see Mike drifting away. No one mentions the abject hatred Sonny has had for Mike forever. And so on. Blech.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The gross part about it is how it's involving Mike's Alzheimer's disease. I guess I should be relieved Sonny isn't screaming at Mike for interfering with mob bidness, but the only reason he isn't is because Mike is sick. Ugh.

This whole story is idiotic. Sonny didn't wipe the gun before he buried it? He's worried this is the time the PCPD's lab will work correctly?  And even if Mike's prints are everywhere, him having Alzheimer's is likely to be his get-out-of-jail-free card. Diane will argue how inhumane it would be to imprison him and take him away from his loving family. How can the justice system be so heartless? Mo tries to cry when Sonny is on the stand talking about how terrible it is to see Mike drifting away. No one mentions the abject hatred Sonny has had for Mike forever. And so on. Blech.

Oh, you just wrote the story, just insert how this is all because of BIG BAD JULIAN.  If BIG BAD JULIAN hadn't wanted to expand his totally legit business, poor Mike wouldn't be implicated in murder.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The gross part about it is how it's involving Mike's Alzheimer's disease.

Yup.  They stumbled into a classically soapy story that even had a medical/hospital bent to it, that got a great response from the audience, that they immediately kneecapped by cramming in contrived mob shit from Sonny's past.  It's so dumb.

• Love 7

Just saw a clip of Jason and Sam from today's episode.  Kill it with fire! Kelly doesn't even cry well anymore.

And this from later on in the episode.....

DlJXz9VXcAAo4vB.jpg  

She's just glowing with love for her soulmate.  

Edited by Hater
Kelly's "acting"
  • Love 1

I'm pretty sure this funeral for Michael's phony son had more attendees than any funeral or wedding in recent memory, and yet despite that fact there was still only ONE Quartermaine present, which tells you everything you need to know about this fucking show's priorities. Ned, Olivia, and Drew live in the same damn house as Michael, there's no good reason for them to not show up to support him. Drew in particular has made overtures of wanting to be closer to Michael, so it feels especially incongruous for him to be standing around obsessing over Margaux instead of mourning with everyone else. If Drew had to be kept separate so Jason could have his little moment with Monica and so Kristina could be obtrusive and push Sam and Jason together, then that's bullshit. It looks so bad to have Oscar arrive on his own and offer condolences from Kim but say nothing about his father, who's a direct relation to Michael. Whatever lame romance they're trying to ignite between Drew and Margaux could have waited a day, he should have been at that funeral.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Hater said:

Just saw a clip of Jason and Sam from today's episode.  Kill it with fire! Kelly doesn't even cry well anymore.

And this from later on in the episode.....

DlJXz9VXcAAo4vB.jpg  

She's just glowing with love for her soulmate.  

Kelly can get away with this because her name isn’t Steve.

5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Kelly can get away with this because her name isn’t Steve.

I'll call her out.  She's been horrible. Like I said the crying isn't even there anymore and that's her thing.

Awful.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Hater said:

Like I said the crying isn't even there anymore and that's her thing.

Her tear ducts dried up as a direct result of her cat poop disease that she got while giving birth through her pants.  

• Love 4

Man fuck ABC news with this special report crap. And not just ABC, I hate it when all the network stations interrupt programming with their special report when they could wait for the evening news 

• Love 5

So, did I understand correctly.  Alexis told Julian she was meeting wth the birth mother's lawyer, than later in the episode, Alexis meets with Diane.  So Diane was the birth mother's lawyer?  Isn't she a criminal lawyer?  Why is she handling adoptions?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Linny said:

I'm pretty sure this funeral for Michael's phony son had more attendees than any funeral or wedding in recent memory, and yet despite that fact there was still only ONE Quartermaine present, which tells you everything you need to know about this fucking show's priorities. Ned, Olivia, and Drew live in the same damn house as Michael, there's no good reason for them to not show up to support him. Drew in particular has made overtures of wanting to be closer to Michael, so it feels especially incongruous for him to be standing around obsessing over Margaux instead of mourning with everyone else. If Drew had to be kept separate so Jason could have his little moment with Monica and so Kristina could be obtrusive and push Sam and Jason together, then that's bullshit. It looks so bad to have Oscar arrive on his own and offer condolences from Kim but say nothing about his father, who's a direct relation to Michael. Whatever lame romance they're trying to ignite between Drew and Margaux could have waited a day, he should have been at that funeral.

Sam and Drew can't be in the same room together, so it's more of that type of thing.  That's been clear for months now.

• Love 2

Ok, I admit that I was halfway paying attention today but did Brad tell Julian that after his adopted baby died, he saw some woman walking down the highway who just gave him her baby? Surely not. Did Julian ask any questions like who was she? What was she doing on that highway? Or ANY questions at all? Please tell me that I’m wrong about this!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Hater said:

Sam and Drew can't be in the same room together, so it's more of that type of thing.  That's been clear for months now.

I am seriously wondering if we will ever get the story of what this is about. Is it that they NEED to appease SBu and leave Sam available for Jason or are they punishing Kelly and/or Billy for something?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

I am seriously wondering if we will ever get the story of what this is about. Is it that they NEED to appease SBu and leave Sam available for Jason or are they punishing Kelly and/or Billy for something?

Only a guess but it’s probably bts crap.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

but did Brad tell Julian that after his adopted baby died, he saw some woman walking down the highway who just gave him her baby?

He said it was a homeless woman who begged him to take her baby.  It's essentially the truth, except the homeless woman's name was Nelle.  Julian was more concerned about Lucas possibly being arrested than any details about the woman.  

Finally found my password again. 

Bet it you all can't guess which storyline I'm happy about. LOL. 

On the topic of Margeux's shirt. Yes. I agree 1000% that it looks like a Hurricane Warning flag. 

EDIT: I just noticed. My last post was in February and I called it then. Which is crazy. Because in Jon's interview with SOD he said he didn't know until 3 months ago. But, he was already playing creepy even though he was supposed to just be Kevin I guess. 

Edited by Ryan Chamberlain
  • Love 2

Did anyone else notice that Curtis said Margaux's parents last name was Moreno. Wasn't that the name of a mafia foe of Jason and Sonny's back in the late 90's?

Edited by sppa125
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LillyB said:

Why does Kristina almost always look like she just sucked a lemon.

Slightly off topic, but since we're talking about looks.  Lexi and Liz Hendrickson kind of look alike to me.  They have very similar features.

They really brought everyone out to Jonah's funeral, including Bobbie, Diane and Max when the party for Wylie was barely attended. That's how important the Corinthos family is to the show.

I liked the Brad/Julian scenes because it was nicely soapy.  Poor  Brad, really caught in a trap when he just wanted to save Lucas and himself pain

1 hour ago, Linny said:

They can't eject Drew from the Corinthos/Jason/Sam storylines fast enough, not even when he should be there.

And of course, he's only dating Margaux so that he can vet her because Jason warned him about her, not so that he can actually have a life of his own. Drew could be a good character but everything has to be tied back to Jason and CarSon somehow.

42 minutes ago, Perkie said:

So, did I understand correctly.  Alexis told Julian she was meeting wth the birth mother's lawyer, than later in the episode, Alexis meets with Diane.  So Diane was the birth mother's lawyer?  Isn't she a criminal lawyer?  Why is she handling adoptions?

Because this way they only have to pay the actress for the day and they get double duty out of her -- at the funeral and doing the adoption.  Diane is an all-purpose lawyer, she does what the show wants her to do.  She also did the corporate work for the purchase of Aurora.

21 hours ago, nilyank said:

The only reason why Carly shouldn’t donate to goodwill the items that Joss stole is because it was a lot of skimpy clothing .

The teens and young women who shop at Goodwill would be very happy to get high quality clothes that they wouldn't otherwise be able to afford.

17 hours ago, rur said:

There are no limits to Sonny's stupidity.  Ever.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, sppa125 said:

Did anyone else notice that Curtis said Margaux's parents last name was Marino. Wasn't that the name of a mafia foe of Jason and Sonny's back in the late 90's?

Oh, for fuck's sake, OF COURSE anyone who dares to want to rightly have Sonny thrown in jail for his crimes has to have some shady hidden agenda.  God, this fakkata show.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They can't eject Drew from the Corinthos/Jason/Sam storylines fast enough, not even when he should be there.

And of course, he's only dating Margaux so that he can vet her because Jason warned him about her, not so that he can actually have a life of his own. Drew could be a good character but everything has to be tied back to Jason and CarSon somehow.

In this case, I will allow it because Marge is holding onto the flash drive with his memories on it,  Drew has every right to go and play and vet her.   

Why is this show so afraid to have Drew anywhere near Sam? Like it or not, they also share a kid, as much as the show would probably love to pretend both are Borgian spawn.

If Jason and Sam are so great, they should be able to deal with some Drew contact, yes?

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Perkie said:

He said it was a homeless woman who begged him to take her baby.  It's essentially the truth, except the homeless woman's name was Nelle.  Julian was more concerned about Lucas possibly being arrested than any details about the woman.  

So Julian just left it there?! I can’t believe how stupid this writing is if they expect us to swallow this crap. Oh yeah, I was stopped on the side of the road with my dead newborn baby boy and this homeless woman was walking down that same road, oddly enough, and then when she saw that my baby was dead, she said “Well, just take mine and I’ll take yours and it’s all gooood”. Am I losing my mind or what?

• Love 1

Did Duell shed a single tear? I got cut off by IMPORTANT NEWS A POLITICIAN IS CORRUPT. OMG!!!!!! NO!!!!! SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!!

Sam and Jason looked so cute back then, was it really 14 years ago, or was that soap years? Was Kelly maybe a little plumper and it filled her face out nicely. She just looks so severe now. Of course it could just be cuz she is always glowering and scowling since they took her away from Drew.  

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Why is this show so afraid to have Drew anywhere near Sam? Like it or not, they also share a kid, as much as the show would probably love to pretend both are Borgian spawn.

If Jason and Sam are so great, they should be able to deal with some Drew contact, yes?

I think it's BTS/Network agenda.  I personally don't believe the network took a liking to Billy/Kelly's antics for months.  They are forcing the Jason/Sam interaction and now Margo/Drew.  

I mean today's jasam scenes were void of any real emotion.  There is nothing there in the present.  Everything is reflecting on the past.   

Sam and Jason looked so cute back then, was it really 14 years ago, or was that soap years? Was Kelly maybe a little plumper and it filled her face out nicely. She just looks so severe now. Of course it could just be cuz she is always glowering and scowling since they took her away from Drew.  

Yes it was really 14 years ago.  She's aged.  There was a period of time though between 08-14 where Kelly looked like she was out partying every night and showing up to set the next day.  I think she looks much better now.

Edited by Hater
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

A lawyer can do both civil and criminal work.

1 hour ago, sppa125 said:

Did anyone else notice that Curtis said Margaux's parents last name was Marino. Wasn't that the name of a mafia foe of Jason and Sonny's back in the late 90's?

Yes. Jason handed over da bidnez to him when he left the mob for a short time. FOR ROBIN.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Perkie said:

Also Sonny didn't kill the guy, he just disposed of the body and gun.  

Pretty sure Sonny is supposed to have killed the guy.  They were vague about it early on, but recent episodes seem to heavily imply it.

2 hours ago, Hater said:

In this case, I will allow it because Marge is holding onto the flash drive with his memories on it,  Drew has every right to go and play and vet her.   

But Drew doesn't know that.  As far as he's concerned, she's an attractive single woman who looks like she's into him, and the only reason he's vetting her is because Jason said so.

Given how Jason has treated Drew since he got back including lying to him and withholding information after he said they would work together, there's no real reason for Drew to believe him other than because he's St. Jasus.

2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

It's worse than just avoiding having Sam deal in a normal way with Drew or Drew being involved in stories like his great nephew's funeral.  It's things like having Sam go to Jason to get a permission form for Danny's field trip signed and Kristina pop up at the funeral reception and talk about how great it is for Sam to have Jason back, rather actually writing a decent story where Jason and Sam have such a true love that they can't but be together or having the actors act like they actually want to be together.

This story is all plotty plot and no show..

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But Drew doesn't know that.  As far as he's concerned, she's an attractive single woman who looks like she's into him, and the only reason he's vetting her is because Jason said so.

Given how Jason has treated Drew since he got back including lying to him and withholding information after he said they would work together, there's no real reason for Drew to believe him other than because he's St. Jasus.

Well he hasn't explicitly stated he's vetting her because of Jason.  He said he has an instinct that something is not right with her. She acted pretty crazy and suspicious herself by pressuring him to work with her to take down Sonny and then when he said he wouldn't she just kissed him on the lips.  I would be weirded out without Jason's warning.   The whole thing is just really forced and I'm not buying FV's attempt at getting Drew far away from Sam and pushing Chilly 2.0 in Port Charles.   It's lame.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

For the same reason, imo, that they had to kill off Jake to clear the decks for J/s baby in 2011.  Drew and Jake are reminders that both J/s characters have history with other partners that maybe viewers would rather see them with instead.  It's not a new angle when it comes to J/s.  Felt that way since 2009.  

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Hater said:

That vapid twit is never going to remove the stick from her ass about Julian while salivating over Jasus and Carscum.  

A) Terrific description! :)

B) Sam was at her most interesting and firey when she and Jason had split up (while Jake was an infant). She was in Casa Corinthos telling Sonny off, was not tolerating Carly, and was no longer of the mentality that Jason was the most wonderful person in the universe. 

• Love 4

While Sam is weeping over baby Lila ad busy mooning over Jason, she is missing her living baby's, Scout's milestones like her first steps and calling Monica, mommy.

Edited by LillyB
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, LillyB said:

While Sam is weeping over baby Lila ad busy mooning over Jason, she is missing her living baby and missing Scout's milestones like her first steps and calling Monica, mommy.

But Lila brought super couple Jasam together!  

Scout will come out of the closet again when she's ready to call Jason "uncle daddy."    I notice Danny is used more often now because he was made from Jasus' sperm.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

Color me genuinely surprised that Jason wore a suit and tie to Jonah's service.

I know I'm supposed to be sobbing along with everyone that Jonah is gone, but I can't muster anything. Someone upthread said it hardly seemed that Michael wanted him. He was so focused on making sure Nelle got what was coming to her, as was everyone else, and they were all using that baby as a bargaining chip (as was Nelle).

The priest was played by a random day player, right? He's not someone Sonny has paid—sorry, donated a lot of money to?

I can't believe how much time they spent on this funeral.

OMG, SBu and Kemo were BABIES in that flashback.

I liked the Julian/Brad scenes, even though I hate that Julian will get slammed for keeping Brad's secret. (And later, when the truth inevitably comes out, he'll be blamed by all the Corinthii for keeping Michael from his baby.) But how can Julian honestly believe the homeless-mother story Brad was telling? COME ON.

Oscar's suit and tie was pretty snazzy.

Ugh, enough with Chase wearing the hair shirt.

Margaux graduated from NYU only cum laude? Tsk, tsk. I had to laugh when Curtis made her move from Brooklyn to Port Charles sound like a step up. In title only.

Chad couldn't squeeze out a few tears when Michael asked Morgan to look out for Jonah? Pfft.

• Love 4