Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I had actually forgotten what the empty envelope was for. That shows you how much I pay attention to the show.

Wasn't the thumb drive taped to the bottom of a drawer next to the bed? 

I am enjoying Billy Miller's performance since he was given the thumbs down from casa corinthos which means that his time on this show is nearing an end. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Just because most teenage boys want sex (and I really don't think I can argue against that statement), doesn't mean there is something wrong with one that doesn't.  Or, wants to but doesn't think it's right. 

And it's not as if Oscar were getting all preachy and moralistic about it. He didn't think Joss was in the right frame of mind (rightly so), and he didn't want to have sex with her in that frame of mind. Shut up, Joss. (But ditto to liking Joss being the one to put on the pressure.)

46 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

Wasn't the thumb drive taped to the bottom of a drawer next to the bed? 

Maybe, but it's in the MetroCourt restaurant LOST AND FOUND drawer. (All caps for the absurd labeling on the drawer itself. Thanks, Show.)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Oh I agree it's a nice change. And maybe if it were anyone but Carly's kid, I would feel differently. But I seriously wanted to smack her when she was all 'you realize you're the ONLY boy your age who doesn't want to have sex?'

That was super obnoxious.  And the writing for this storyline is on the wall: Joss is going to end up having sex with Cam and when Carly finds out she's going to go nuclear on Elizabeth.  Ho-friggin-hum.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Joss is going to end up having sex with Cam

It's probably too much to ask that Cam decides there's no upside to being involved with Joss, and he doesn't want to deal with Carly, Sonny, and Jason. Ugh.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

And it's not as if Oscar were getting all preachy and moralistic about it.

I think you're allowed to be "preachy and moralistic" about it, though, if it's your own morality.  Why is it wrong to not want to have sex because you want to wait until marriage. It's not like you're deciding for everyone else.  Just yourself.  I know that's not what happened, but I kind of got the feeling from your sentence that you were saying that's not OK.  And, as far as Joss goes, if she wants to have sex, I'm sure she can find someone to oblige her.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I think you're allowed to be "preachy and moralistic" about it, though, if it's your own morality.

Yes and no. Oscar can have any reasons he wants not to have sex, but that doesn't mean his are the only right ones. If he were saving himself for marriage, great, but he can't berate Joss for not doing the same thing. And he didn't. That's what I mean by "he wasn't getting all preachy and moralistic." As you wrote, he's deciding for himself. Joss is deciding for herself. That's how it should be.

On the other hand, Joss sneering that Oscar is the only boy she knows who doesn't want sex was rather judgey, IMO. 

• Love 7
On 7/20/2018 at 8:26 PM, ulkis said:

I think KG is leaving (for now) too. So now the Canadian I like the least is the only one still on the show (Wil de Vry). Hmmph.

Wait, Kathleen Gati is Canadian too?  I've got to be the worst Canadian follower of this show ever.  I knew about WdV, but VA and KG were news to me. 

I don't know about y'all, but today's episode was a struggle to get through. Nelle will never best Michael, so who cares how the details of his plan shake out? Valentin embarks on his umpteenth apology tour to Nina, well so what? And we don't know Margaux well enough to guess her motivation for taking the flash drive, so who cares that she has it? Margaux is probably like Chase, a retrofitted component of a storyline, so whatever shoddy reasoning for her having the flash drive won't mean much to me if the end result is Drew STILL not having his memories restored. 

• Love 1

.  Once again, there was no guard sitting on Peter's door, despite the fact that he's under arrest and a flight risk.  

I'm so tired of the same conversation between Valentin and NIna.  Valentin: "you still love me"  Nina "you gave a baby to a monster as a vendetta.  I can't have babies"  Oy.  Valentin, give it up already.  

• Love 3

I liked Peter better when he was gagged.   

So Nelle is afraid of Michael's family cuz they can find her wherever she goes and she DOESN'T WANT TO DIE!!! And her plan is to kill Michael, cuz yeah, that will keep you safe from his mob family. 

Maxie's hair has been looking very dry again. Can't Carly share some conitioning tips. 

The only good thing so far this week was Oscar telling Jess "you sound right now!" But it would have been better if he would have blurted out that he didn't want to have sex cuz he thinks he might be gay.   

12 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

But it would have been better if he would have blurted out that he didn't want to have sex cuz he thinks he might be gay.   

What difference would that make? We never see the two adult gay characters and they’re certainly not going to give Oscar z front burner story because he’s gay. I’m perfdctly okay with him just wNting to wait until the time is right for both of them.

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

.  Once again, there was no guard sitting on Peter's door, despite the fact that he's under arrest and a flight risk.  

I'm so tired of the same conversation between Valentin and NIna.  Valentin: "you still love me"  Nina "you gave a baby to a monster as a vendetta.  I can't have babies"  Oy.  Valentin, give it up already.  

Nina's grand proclamation that no child should be used as a weapon would make more sense if she was even remotely capable of the awareness that she did the same thing when she took Avery from Ava's womb as revenge and kept Charlotte away from Lulu for no other reason than to be cruel.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Nina's grand proclamation that no child should be used as a weapon would make more sense if she was even remotely capable of the awareness that she did the same thing when she took Avery from Ava's womb as revenge and kept Charlotte away from Lulu for no other reason than to be cruel.

Agreed, but playing devil's advocate, Nina was cuckoo for cocoa puffs when she went after Ava and Avery and apparently her stay in Shadybrook cured that.  As for Lulu, she has since seen the error of her ways and is now co-parenting Charlotte with Lulu, going as far as telling Valentin that he should give Lulu full custody and leave town.  

I think the point the show is trying to make is that adult Valentin, who wasn't cuckoo for cocoa puffs, deliberately put a child in harms way to get back at a woman because she didn't kiss him ten years earlier when he was a hunchback.  And that child was abused all his life by his father.  

I'm splitting hairs, but I think Nina's case is slightly different though just as bad.  

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Agreed, but playing devil's advocate, Nina was cuckoo for cocoa puffs when she went after Ava and Avery and apparently her stay in Shadybrook cured that.  As for Lulu, she has since seen the error of her ways and is now co-parenting Charlotte with Lulu, going as far as telling Valentin that he should give Lulu full custody and leave town.  

I think the point the show is trying to make is that adult Valentin, who wasn't cuckoo for cocoa puffs, deliberately put a child in harms way to get back at a woman because she didn't kiss him ten years earlier when he was a hunchback.  And that child was abused all his life by his father.  

I'm splitting hairs, but I think Nina's case is slightly different though just as bad.  

Oh, I think adult Valentin is also cuckoo for cocoa puffs, but I get your point ;) 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

So Nelle is afraid of Michael's family cuz they can find her wherever she goes and she DOESN'T WANT TO DIE!!! And her plan is to kill Michael, cuz yeah, that will keep you safe from his mob family. 

She is not afraid. She is trying to get Chase to do her bidding. The same way that she cried to Michael that Chase was stalking her.

3 minutes ago, nilyank said:
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

She is not afraid. She is trying to get Chase to do her bidding. The same way that she cried to Michael that Chase was stalking her.

It's called ma-nippla-ation!!

• Love 4

I know it is part of Nelle's man-ipulation plan, but surely she realizes that if Michael turns up dead, no matter who actually does the killing, Sonny & Jason will hunt her down and take her out. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

but surely she realizes that if Michael turns up dead, no matter who actually does the killing, Sonny & Jason will hunt her down and take her out. 

Not if Chase does the killing.  Then she wrings her hands that her ex lover killed her husband and then rolls around in the money.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Once again, there was no guard sitting on Peter's door, despite the fact that he's under arrest and a flight risk.  

At the moment he's pretty weak, and he is handcuffed to the hospital bed. It doesn't mean someone can't free him, of course, but I think he's pretty secure right now without a guard.

Oh, lord, the last thing I need to see is both Valentin and Peter crying.

• Love 2

I know they have been vague and everything, but what crimes did Peter commit? Sure he did something funky with Jason, but do they have actual proof over a crime that happened overseas?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I know they have been vague and everything, but what crimes did Peter commit? Sure he did something funky with Jason, but do they have actual proof over a crime that happened overseas?

He told Maxie (right before getting locked up in the PCPD) that he had committed fraud - Peter is a name he chose.  So I guess any of his dealings with Aurora Media are illegal? 

Is Josslyn now going to behave like Carly once did when Jason turned her down for sex? Ugh. I suppose we'll see her flirting with Cam to make Oscar jealous. Jax, please come and take your daughter to Australia for a few years to cure her of becoming more like her mother. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

He told Maxie (right before getting locked up in the PCPD) that he had committed fraud - Peter is a name he chose.  So I guess any of his dealings with Aurora Media are illegal? 

I wish the show would clarify this. Using another name isn't illegal in and of itself. Peter didn't work at Aurora to tank the company or embezzle or anything like that, so I don't see how that can be fraud.

• Love 2

Another boring day.

Margaux has to make up an earring lie?  Why can't she just tell the nice dayplayer that she lost a flash drive?  It's plausible, and it's not as if it's contraband. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Margaux has to make up an earring lie?  Why can't she just tell the nice dayplayer that she lost a flash drive?  It's plausible, and it's not as if it's contraband. 

Why is she going to sit on this information. When she was at the hospital, she figured out that Peter was telling the truth about trying to get the flash drive to Drew and went in search of the Lost and Found box. There is no reason for her to keep quiet and except for showing that Peter was telling the truth, it doesn't benefit her in any way. As far as we know, Peter has not committed any crimes in Port Charles so she would not be prosecuting him. He was arrested for the vague crimes of being Faison's son.

• Love 2
On 7/20/2018 at 7:26 PM, ulkis said:

I mean if you can't stand, you can't stand, but he could obviously at least try to drag himself, and Nina has biceps of steel. So stupid.

Nina managed to drag Peter out of the cabin and through the woods to the root cellar, but couldn’t pull his sorry ass across the stable floor?  Ok then.

Thought it was ridiculous that the two women would stand by while the coughing, smoky-lunged man gave Nina mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.  But (although I haven’t seen it yet) apparently Maxie got a turn when it was Peter on the ground. It’s not kissing, Show.  It doesn’t have to be performed by current/ future romantic partners.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Wait, Kathleen Gati is Canadian too?  I've got to be the worst Canadian follower of this show ever.  I knew about WdV, but VA and KG were news to me. 

What should have tipped you off was Dr. O gloating over Peter while eating Tim Hortons, as well as the well-used dart board with the picture of Jocelyne Lamoureux.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, nilyank said:

There is no reason for her [Elizabeth Hendrickson] to keep quiet

Sure there is, to discredit this enemy of Sonny/Carly/Jason as EVUL and WICKED and CORRUPT.

Nice to see that Jason found out about his son having cancer off-screen, presumably the same way he found out about most everything else that changed in his life when he was "dead." He had more of an emotional reaction to the discovery that Sam had been engaged to Patrick than anything Sam was saying about Danny. What is this retconned history about Patrick being there for Sam/Danny when Danny was sick as a baby? Wasn't she with Silas at that time?

Honestly, Jason and Sam acted more like casual acquaintances that hadn't seen each other in years catching up than they did ex-spouses and this great love story the show wants to show them as. It didn't help that the scenes were in the same episode as Jason so clearly worrying over Michael and his stupid plaaan.

The MeToo convergence meeting was nice but the show is too busy trying to whitewash Franco's crimes for the zillionth time that they can't have sexual assault victim Sam at the meeting to tell her story. I see you, show.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

He had more of an emotional reaction to the discovery that Sam had been engaged to Patrick than anything Sam was saying about Danny

He had more of a reaction over Samtrick than finding out he had a twin who thought he was Jason. Like, ok, show. Although it was super hilarious how grossed out and dumbfounded he was over that relationship. He’s absolutely right, it made no sense and I loved how that was finally able to be spoken out loud by at least ONE character. SBu cracked me up.

And Sam has lost her damn mind. She basically said she hooked up with Patrick because JnR were so close. My god.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Honestly, Jason and Sam acted more like casual acquaintances that hadn't seen each other in years catching up than they did ex-spouses and this great love story the show wants to show them as. It didn't help that the scenes were in the same episode as Jason so clearly worrying over Michael and his stupid plaaan.

I'm not watching anymore but it's clear as day that Monaco and Burton have negative chemistry at this point and they don't even try to sell any subtext. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

The MeToo convergence meeting was nice but the show is too busy trying to whitewash Franco's crimes for the zillionth time that they can't have sexual assault victim Sam at the meeting to tell her story.

Elizabeth wasn't there, either, and she's not only a sexual assault victim, she's also a vocal supporter of Lauren. Who also works at the hospital.

• Love 6
(edited)

The show completely leaving Silas "Your baby has cancer, laters!" Clay out of Sam and Jason's discussion about Danny's cancer and who was there for her during that time was hilarious to me.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

He had more of a reaction over Samtrick than finding out he had a twin who thought he was Jason. Like, ok, show. Although it was super hilarious how grossed out and dumbfounded he was over that relationship. He’s absolutely right, it made no sense and I loved how that was finally able to be spoken out loud by at least ONE character. SBu cracked me up.

And Sam has lost her damn mind. She basically said she hooked up with Patrick because JnR were so close. My god.

Sam said what now? I haven't watched in months because the show is so awful but that is not even close to the reason SamTrick became a thing. Patrick was gross actively pursuing Sam knowing that his wife was risking her life to save Sam's husband and I don't remember exactly why Sam finally agreed to date him, but I know it wasn't what you said she said!

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Elizabeth wasn't there, either, and she's not only a sexual assault victim, she's also a vocal supporter of Lauren. Who also works at the hospital.

So dumb. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Just like Liz (grossly) telling Monica her relationship with AJ was also about Jason, her grief about Jason, her feelings about Jason, blah blah blah.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
12 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

The MeToo convergence meeting was nice but the show is too busy trying to whitewash Franco's crimes for the zillionth time that they can't have sexual assault victim Sam at the meeting to tell her story.

She's also dating Franco, which makes it awkward.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

Sam said what now? I haven't watched in months because the show is so awful but that is not even close to the reason SamTrick became a thing. Patrick was gross actively pursuing Sam knowing that his wife was risking her life to save Sam's husband and I don't remember exactly why Sam finally agreed to date him, but I know it wasn't what you said she said!

She said that it made sense for her to fall for Patrick because Jason and Robin had a connection. Yeah. The stupidity. It hurts.

The whole thing is a retconned mess because, yeah, Patrick pursued Sam knowing that Robin left to save Jason’s life. Then Sam found out that’s what Robin was doing and didn’t give a fuck and started to fuck Patrick. But we can’t tell that original tale, can we?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

She said that it made sense for her to fall for Patrick because Jason and Robin had a connection. Yeah. The stupidity. It hurts.

The whole thing is a retconned mess because, yeah, Patrick pursued Sam knowing that Robin left to save Jason’s life. Then Sam found out that’s what Robin was doing and didn’t give a fuck and started to fuck Patrick. But we can’t tell that original tale, can we?

My brain can't even comprehend how the writer's/Sam's thought process worked in that dialogue. By the way, wasn't Patrick dating Sabrina when Danny had cancer?

• Love 1
Just now, LexieLily said:

My brain can't even comprehend how the writer's/Sam's thought process worked in that dialogue. By the way, wasn't Patrick dating Sabrina when Danny had cancer?

Yes. Patrick was with Sabrina and Sam was beginning a relationship with Silas.

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh God! Now Oscar is on and he's confiding in another tiny boy! And now Joss and Sonny are chatting!

This was a bad episode to tune into.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

LOL at Sam talking to Michael about Jason as if Jason weren't standing right behind her (and she knew it). WTF, Show? That was so weird. And the Danny conversation was so bizarre.

1 minute ago, Oracle42 said:

She's also dating Franco, which makes it awkward.

Bensch is doing the harassing, not Franco, so it may be awkward, but it's also a different issue, IMO. 

I don't get Nelle's seemingly sudden fear of being left with nothing. I know she's playing Chase, but she's seen how the Corinthii act. Of course she's not going to be protected. She shouldn't have signed the prenup if she were so concerned. There isn't any internal logic to this story, let alone external. 

Oh, Oscar. Honey. Welcome to having a 15-year-old girlfriend.

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh God! Now Oscar is on and he's confiding in another tiny boy!

Cam! Who seemed weirdly aggressive. I think it's just the actor being a little nervous, but it came across a little weirdly.

• Love 1

I hope Chase was recording the conversation with Nelle, as it would add a lot to prove she wants him to kill Michael. Without it, it's just he-said-she-said. 

ETA: He did record it! Finally, someone is showing a modicum of brain waves.

News flash, Jason, you were gone for five years. Life went on for people in Port Charles. They were free to make as many bad choices as they wanted.

LOL at Sonny's expression when Michael said he chooses his baby's life even if it costs him is. Of course Sonny can't imagine not putting himself first.

• Love 2