Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Olivia is one to talk about Alexis being high and mighty. "High and mighty" is Olivia's default stance. Ugh. She can STFU and stop using Leo as a bargaining chip with Julian. 

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Has anyone asked Liz the question why, as someone who survived a rape, be in a relationship with someone that [even under the influence of a tumor] used rape as a torture device for his victims?

"Franco has changed/he isn't the same person he was/everyone deserves a second chance/he's a good man/he loves my one and only son and my one and only son loves him." That's what we'd hear.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The running "Ted" "joke".  I hate it so much.

I liked it at the beginning, but of course it's been run into the ground about seven times. It's not something to use every time Julian sees Ned. It should be used as a parting shot or a snotty rejoinder. 

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't think Alexis will have slept with anyone.

I don't either. She's in Finn's bed (that's the MetroCourt) so that Anna can see her there and it will cause agita between Anna and Finn.

• Love 5

I hope Ned becoming mayor kills the Ned/Olivia marriage. Olivia can go back to Bensonhurst and remember those times when she used to fuck Sonny and then got pregnant by him and how she kept it from him. 

The dress TB was wearing was ugly.

Michael doesn't need to hug Nelle because she opened her arms or sit next to her because she tells him she kept a seat for him next to her. Monica should have told him. I get that she wants to make sure that baby stays in the family, but it's not cool to blindside him with crazy.

I didn't like Curtis following that douchenozzle developer and then semi-threatening him. Curtis isn't a thug, he's a good guy, a nice guy. Let's keep it that way.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I didn't like Curtis following that douchenozzle developer and then semi-threatening him. Curtis isn't a thug, he's a good guy, a nice guy. Let's keep it that way.

Curtis is a good guy but I can see where he would want to go after the man who sent a thug to attack his beloved aunt.  If people cross me I can deal with it in a civil manner.  However, if you set about to harm someone I love, all bets are off.  I am a very gentle person but I become fierce when protecting my loved ones.

• Love 8

Robin did speak to Liz about Franco (I think when we found out Anna was sick).  I remember them sitting on that bench in the hospital hallway.  Liz went on ad nauseum about how wonderful Franco was and all the bad stuff was because of the tumour.  And Robin was all "eh whatever floats your boat ". And we all thought Patrick would have been the one to get Liz to see reason.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ned is a ding-dong to trust Greg Evigan. Greg Evigan is a developer. Of course he's OMG TEH EVUL. It's as if Ned has no experience in the world.

Wait, is Greg Evigan on General Hospital now? Don't tease me. (As you tell, I haven't been watching a lot lately.) 

Edited by Box305
8 minutes ago, Box305 said:

Wait, is Greg Evigan on General Hospital now? Don't tease me. (As you tell, I haven't been watching a lot lately.) 

YES! BJ, err, I mean Greg is on the show, it seems. But he's an unscrupulous, greedy developer and so of course TEH EVUHL as @dubbel zout stated, because we can't have any good guys. And I'm not allowed to have nice things.

I think Alexis had so much hubris even to agree to run for mayor. She's had relationships with male mobsters and their children, and she lost her license to practice law for awhile not too long ago because of her drinking. I'm sure that is just the tip of the ice berg. Yes sometimes ill-suited persons are elected to public office, but she and her family and supporters need to realize that they are deluded about her leadership abilities and integrity.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I think Alexis had so much hubris even to agree to run for mayor. She's had relationships with male mobsters and their children, and she lost her license to practice law for awhile not too long ago because of her drinking. I'm sure that is just the tip of the ice berg. Yes sometimes ill-suited persons are elected to public office, but she and her family and supporters need to realize that they are deluded about her leadership abilities and integrity.

Which is why Molly and Sam pissed me off for turning to Julian and blaming him for her loss.   She knew she has a history with two mobsters when she decided to run for mayor.  Has she never seen political races before?  The mud always gets thrown.  

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

YES! BJ, err, I mean Greg is on the show, it seems. But he's an unscrupulous, greedy developer and so of course TEH EVUHL as @dubbel zout stated, because we can't have any good guys. And I'm not allowed to have nice things.

Boooooooo.

Hee. I still refer to him as BJ as well. 

1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Agree.  I think Alexis has too much hubris, period.   I never feel any sympathy for her, because she exudes superiority.   And Molly is becoming her.

• Love 7

I can't feel too sorry about Alexis losing this election as she only joined the race last month and the reason why she lost is the same reason why her life was in the crapper for the past few years: Julian.

No one forced her to use undue influence with Nora to get Olivia to exonerate Julian and get him out of prison because she saw bruises on his face. She was almost killed, lost her sobriety, lost the ability to practice law and generally spiraled because she ignore all her instincts to stay away from Julian but she keeps going back to help him.

She is not even trying to stay away from him what with her hanging out at his pub every single day.

Child Franco was creepy as fuck.

• Love 14

Why was Kevin trying to make serial killer rapist Franco think he merely has low self esteem? "Why do you think the worst of yourself?" is the thought Kevin expressed with a caring therapist look. It's bad enough to endure Liz's Franco-propping. Kevin needs to approach Franco's problems with a more stringent, balanced attitude.

• Love 2

Lol I couldn't make this s*** up that the show chokes out on the daily if I tried. Julian is the bad guy and terrible human for being in the mob and being a gangster and being a killer but they would never paint Sonny like that. Putting Alexis with Julian makes her scum but using her long extensive and dirty history with Sonny is never even blinked at by the public or in general because Sunny is God and beloved and whatever other f**king b*lls**t hey say about him. If Alexis had Sonny run an ad in her favor she probably would have won in a landslide offering every voter a free bag of Sonny coffee beans and commemorative Sonny Corinthos pin.

Molly is funny because it would have been hilarious if they had also tied Alexis to her father Ric Lansing who has quite the known history of Port Charles as a man who once kidnapped a pregnant woman fully intending to take her baby once it was born and murder her in secret so he could make his wife happy. The silly girl points the finger at Julian ruining her mother's life and potential political career when that story should have been splashed across the papers the second Alexis was announced as a candidate and for damn sure things would have gone downhill from that point on easily.

Ned should not even have time to play mayor. He shouldbe running the family company and doing something he's actually good at and highly trained for. Olivia is trash and she has no room to stand around and point at anyone else who has benefited in life from being with mobsters and getting kickbacks for crawling into bed with them. She doesn't belong on the show I have never liked anything about the character. Just send her back to Jersey or wherever and let her bake lasagna rolls and make manicotti to her heart's content off screen and finally retire this tired shrill loudmouth.

• Love 7

So let me get this straight. In the will reading, Faison had bequeathed whatever to "his son." So which son would that be? Peter/Henrik/Heinrich/whatever or Nathan? How would the executor distribute? Or is it not known that PHHW is also his son. Either way, I still maintain, watching him for years, that Faison wouldn't suddenly bequeath his wealth to a son he'd never met or known. And since it's a moot point, since it's done, I'll stop beating this dead horse.

24 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So which son would that be?

That's the point: We don't know which son that will be. Jason is salivating at the idea that Heinrich/Peter will make himself known so he can inherit the estate. Maxie doesn't want any part of it, at least not right now. I wonder if she'll change her mind when the Heinrich/Peter connection finally becomes known. 

• Love 1

At first I was confused as to why Michael was so enthused that Ned was elected, and then I decided well whatever it was nice that both him and Monica were congratulating hlim. I'm sure Michael will be complaining about Ned violating some environmental law soon enough.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Ned violating some environmental law

Yeah, that's likely the next Q conflict. Either Ned will be shocked—shocked!—to discover Greg Evigan is an evil developer, not just a guy trying to improve the neighborhood for hardworking people like Stella, or he'll try to work with Michael to rid Charles Street of the scourge that's Greg Evigan and clash with Michael over what a decent plan for the area is. 

14 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I think Alexis had so much hubris even to agree to run for mayor.

That's true for anyone who runs for office. You're literally telling people you're the one who can fix their problems and do what's best for them. If that isn't hubris, what is? Alexis should have given more thought to her past and how it could come back to bite her, but Ned and Laura aren't without their skeletons.

• Love 5

Alexis's closet is bursting with skeletons, so it's amusing that of course they're using her past with Julian as the big tipping point of the election.  This is the woman with several vehicular issues in her past, not to mention having a child with a mobster (but he's a good mobster, so bygones!) and shacking up with the dude who tried to poison all of Port Charles ('sup, Jerry Jacks).  But, yes, let's make ALL her problems about Julian, so Molly and Sam can scream like lunatics about how he, and he alone, ruined their mother's life.

• Love 19

There is no way that anyone on the show can talk Elizabeth out of her relationship with Franco, because the bottomline is that RoHo is a pet and he needs a twenty year vet to make his character relevant.  Franco has hijacked any potential story that Elizabeth should have had over the last two years and it will only get worse,  IMO.   I miss the compassionate Elizabeth that would never entertain the idea of ever being romantic with a serial killing rapist.  FV needs to go, ASAP!

Olivia has always been annoying AF and has only gotten worse now that she's living in Monica's house.  I will never understand why this show thinks we need all of Sonny's baby Mommas (Olivia, Alexis, Carly, Sam and Ava) on the show at one time.  

• Love 6

It's always striking to me that all the bed-hopping shenanigans and sudsy love triangles on this show - like we saw with Anna/Dr. Michael Easton/Alexis/Julian/Kim today - happen with the older set while the youngs apparently mate for life, when they're not talking to their parents.

Wow, they didn't even let the body get that cold before casting a Nathan doppelganger.  Silly me that I thought the vacancy at the PCPD meant we might see more of Valerie.  Also, "Harrison Chase", really?  And immediately insisting on a nickname, really?  We remember "Darb", Show.

• Love 1

Remember when every new female characters was a petite brunette?  Now every new man (except LWB/FS) is a tall guy with dark hair.  When the new cop showed up, for a minute I thought it was Griffin.

I'm glad Sam took a box of Nathan's stuff for Maxie later.  Good soapy stuff.  I understand Maxie wanting to get rid of everything because she's impulsive like that, but someone needs to keep her from her impulses.

Has Peter never heard of industrial cleaners for a crime scene?  He should have been right on top of that as the big boss of Aurora media.

I liked that the Finn/Alexis hook-up is giving FH a chance to do some humor again.

1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

Olivia has always been annoying AF and has only gotten worse now that she's living in Monica's house.  I will never understand why this show thinks we need all of Sonny's baby Mommas (Olivia, Alexis, Carly, Sam and Ava) on the show at one time.  

For the drama!  There's no drama on a soap unless it's about Sonny and his relationships, mob or baby mama.

BTW that's another thing that Olivia has in common with Alexis, both of them tried to hide their offspring by Sonny from him.

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So let me get this straight. In the will reading, Faison had bequeathed whatever to "his son." So which son would that be? Peter/Henrik/Heinrich/whatever or Nathan? How would the executor distribute? Or is it not known that PHHW is also his son. Either way, I still maintain, watching him for years, that Faison wouldn't suddenly bequeath his wealth to a son he'd never met or known. And since it's a moot point, since it's done, I'll stop beating this dead horse.

Who writes a will giving his estate to "my son"?  Everyone I know names the son.  And can the executor even distribute the estate without knowing who it goes to?  And since Diane said that she couldn't read the will till all the beneficiaries were notified, shouldn't someone have been there representing Maxie before she could read it?  (I know, only Jason counts.)

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

That's true for anyone who runs for office. You're literally telling people you're the one who can fix their problems and do what's best for them. If that isn't hubris, what is? Alexis should have given more thought to her past and how it could come back to bite her, but Ned and Laura aren't without their skeletons.

Hubris is excessive pride and self-confidence. . Laura asked Alexis, seconded by Molly and others,  to take over running for the position of mayor in her place and to keep the Evil Developer from ruining the lives of the poor citizens of Charles St.  Alexis didn't run for mayor because she thought she knew better than everyone else how to run their lives, she ran because there was a problem and she thought that Ned would make it even worse.  Even libertarians acknowledge that there is a role for government in a state (or what is Rand Paul doing running for office?).

I  felt sorry for Alexis as she left Charlie's to clear out her office, knowing that Finn wants Anna, Julian is now with Kim and she's lost the mayoralty race.  Nothing for her to go to.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

For you, dubbel!

Thank you, darling.

26 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And immediately insisting on a nickname, really?  We remember "Darb", Show.

Don't forget the instant classic "my friends call me Kiki."

13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Hubris is excessive pride and self-confidence

Yes, I know. I stand by my post.

• Love 4

Don't police departments have people who clean up crime scenes?  Or are there companies that do that?  I know I saw a movie once about 2 sisters who cleaned up after suicides/murders/etc.  Yuk, who leaves a place untouched days after it's been the scene of a crime?

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes, I know. I stand by my post.

I wasn't disagreeing with you.  I think you need some self-confidence and pride to run for office.  Any office, including class president.

There are some people who run for office because they want everyone praising and kowtowing to them but there are others who run not because they think they're better than other people but because they genuinely want to do good things, although they can be hard to find in the current political climate. My Member of Parliament brought forward a badly needed bill to prevent the abuse of animals.  It was defeated because of a lobby but he ran for office because he thought there were good things that he could do and he's still trying.

Sometimes it's only in the bigger arena that you can do real good.  A mayor can solve social issues that other people can't.  As a therapist, I can counsel women who have been abused but a politician that passes a bill that enables abused women to leave their abusers and helps them start out on their own can do so much more than I can.

Honestly, I think the hubris was Ned's to think that just because he's a businessman and people jump when he speaks, he can deal with all the issues.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Don't forget the instant classic "my frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeends call me Kiki."

Fixed the misspelling. ;)

But yeah, totally.

Also, this show is in love with H names.  [Rebecca Budig], [Dr. Michael Easton], [LWB/FS], and now Harrison here.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Don't forget the instant classic "my frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeends call me Kiki."

Fixed the misspelling. ;)

LOL. I was trying to forget that part of the line.

Finn didn't deny he slept with Alexis or apologize for it, and I'm glad he didn't. Anna's the one who has shut the door on any opportunity to be with him, and if her feelings are hurt it's not Finn's responsibility to make her feel better.

I'm still so annoyed by Lulu's childish logic of "my article set off the sequence of events leading to Nathan's death, so if I stop writing then things will be better." Quitting her job solves nothing, she's still got amends to make and a friend's trust to rebuild.

It's good of the show to demonstrate that grief is individualistic and is manifesting in Dante, Nina, and Maxie in different manners. They're all coping in separate but powerful ways; Dante is avoiding his pain, Nina's showing resiliency in spite of her pain, and Maxie is boxing up her pain where she can't be reminded of it. And despite the good intentions of Jordan, Valentin, and Sam, the way a person grieves can't be rushed or changed, it just has to run its course. 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Linny said:

Finn didn't deny he slept with Alexis or apologize for it, and I'm glad he didn't. Anna's the one who has shut the door on any opportunity to be with him, and if her feelings are hurt it's not Finn's responsibility to make her feel better.

I'm still so annoyed by Lulu's childish logic of "my article set off the sequence of events leading to Nathan's death, so if I stop writing then things will be better." Quitting her job solves nothing, she's still got amends to make and a friend's trust to rebuild.

It's good of the show to demonstrate that grief is individualistic and is manifesting in Dante, Nina, and Maxie in different manners. They're all coping in separate but powerful ways; Dante is avoiding his pain, Nina's showing resiliency in spite of her pain, and Maxie is boxing up her pain where she can't be reminded of it. And despite the good intentions of Jordan, Valentin, and Sam, the way a person grieves can't be rushed or changed, it just has to run its course. 

Well said!   Even with the personal grieving I have experienced, I will never presume to suggest how someone else should grieve.  Each individual has to take his or her journey in his or her own way.  One point, though, on which I agreed with Sam was her suggestion that Maxie might want to keep some personal things.  In fact, I was relieved when Sam quietly took that one box for safe-keeping.  Maxie will want that some day.  

I was pleased today to see this followup episode to Nathan's death and funeral - to see these individuals work to find their new realities after a significant loss.

As for Lulu, you had me at the word "childish."   The writing for her gives me a headache.

I'm kinda enjoying this messy situation with Finn's love life.   But then I have figured out that, on a soap, I get weary of too much pretty happily-ever-after.  

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

They did the deed, huh? So much for me thinking it would only look that way so Anna could walk in and make the wrong assumption.

Yep. Finn and Alexis went through a whole song and dance how they slept with each other without being high or drunk. They did deed while they were completely sober.

21 minutes ago, Linny said:

And like it's some big sacrifice, her "career" as a (horrible, terrible) investigative journalist is five minutes old.  Shut up, Lulu.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

her "career" as a (horrible, terrible) investigative journalist is five minutes old

I like that they had Maxie call Lulu out on the briefness of her "career" when Maxie went after her in the cemetery.

• Love 3

Oh my gosh. Shut up, Joss! Poor Alexis lost the election all because of Julian. It's all his fault because Alexis sprung him from prison. He didn't ask her to. He didn't even want her to know about his situation, but she did find out, sprung him, and it is all his fault she isn't mayor. And she tells Oscar how she knows all the bad stuff about Julian while she is perfectly fine with mom and Sonny. Over it.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Oh my gosh. Shut up, Joss! Poor Alexis lost the election all because of Julian. It's all his fault because Alexis sprung him from prison. He didn't ask her to. He didn't even want her to know about his situation, but she did find out, sprung him, and it is all his fault she isn't mayor. And she tells Oscar how she knows all the bad stuff about Julian while she is perfectly fine with mom and Sonny. Over it.

I don't know. To hear Julian talk, he was defending the poor, different and weak in prison and that is the reason why he was being beaten up in prison. He was defending himself from all the bullies in prison. And now he is going to hold free of charge an alternative school dance for transgender and other picked upon children.

That is Franco Type of Propping at its Finest.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Man, this all sounds like a huge hot mess.

A "HHM". Shorthand for a good description of this show for the last five-to-ten years.

I have no interest in this Mad Hatter's Ball, but I would like to actually see Oscar and Joss's transgender friend. And Lucas and Brad's adoption process.

• Love 2

I had to laugh at Lulu's "my family, which includes Maxie, is the most important thing to me! Who needs some dumb career?" So much for her desperation to be an investigative reporter. When the going gets tough, Lulu Falconeri immediately wants to bail.

I legit laughed at the awkwardness between Finn and Alexis.

I don't think Julian's reminder to Joss that her mother owns the MetroCourt was so outrageous. Joss's snotty reply was out of line. 

LOL at Oscar warning Kim about Julian. Like Joss's family isn't a minefield of its own. Ugh, this fakakta show.

• Love 3

It's not the same thing—Drew and Kim were together more than 15 years ago, and it's not as if they really know each other now. And I bet the writers haven't thought about it in that respect. Plus, who else is Julian supposed to date while Alexis dithers? 

• Love 3

The Lulu investigative reporter storyline is just another storyline that was used for two seconds to get one thing to happen and then gets dropped.  Ava helping Jason escape from the Russian hospital is another.  There is so much that could have been done with that.  Jason feeling torn because of all of the help she gave him versus his best friends hating her could have been a much more interesting story than just having him as Sonny's lap dog again.

I'm also pretty skeeved out when I think about different relationships on this show.  Olivia and Alexis clearly have similar taste in men seeing as how they both have children fathered by Sonny, children fathered by Julian (has Sam ever addressed the fact that Leo is her half brother?), and hooked up with Ned. Somehow, though, Alexis is too "high and mighty" for Olivia. 

I honestly hate that Julian is supposedly the worst thing in the world as far as Molly and Josselyn are concerned but neither have any issue with Sonny.  The blaming of Julian for Alexis losing the election is ridiculous.  I would love to see them give Molly more than just hating on Julian and sounding like a petulant child all the time.

I know we are supposed to hate the idea of the Charles Street refurbishment or whatever, but I just don't. It's kind of obnoxious that they can't have a legit two sides to the argument and instead are going to paint the developer as this evil man just out for a quick buck and everyone else is just a poor victim.  Can it not just be a story where there are two opposing sides and there isn't just one side that is in the right?

If this Nelle storyline doesn't end with Monica realizing what an evil bitch Nelle is and being the one to save the day and instead is another "Carly and Sonny fix everything" story, I might scream.  It would be so great to finally see Monica come out on top.

• Love 13

I like Finn's friendship with Alexis and Kim's with Julian.  It's good for all four of them. I'm glad Finn took Alexis back with him after she lost the election, she needed someone to be with her.

4 hours ago, Linny said:

Quitting her job will at least save the city some hysterical reporting.

LOL at Oscar warning Kim about Julian. Like Joss's family isn't a minefield of its own. Ugh, this fakakta show.

What I hate most about this show is the double standard -- two people do the same actions but if they're Sonny, Carly, Jason or associated with them, they're glorious.

Thoughts on yesterday's episode:

I used to like Ned but this election stuff has made him just as skeevy as B.J. And it cannot be said too much Shut Up Olivia. I want her to be First Lady as little as I want Carly to be it.

That was some pretty good therapy work on Kevin's part.  It's so rare that TV psychiatrists do a good job rather than a histrionic one.

• Love 2

It's not the same thing—Drew and Kim were together more than 15 years ago, and it's not as if they really know each other now. And I bet the writers haven't thought about it in that respect. Plus, who else is Julian supposed to date while Alexis dithers? 

Can we use that as an official tagline for what is wrong with the writing on this show?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LillyB said:

I think that Finn is the best character ME has played since coming to GH. At least he has a sense of humor.

Honestly, he's one of the few characters I'm enjoying.  I like the dry sense of humor Finn has and, dammit, I'm actually liking his relationships with both Anna and Alexis.  There, I said it.

Also, shut up, Joss.  Shut up, shut up, shut up.  You don't get to be asking Julian a favor and give him shit at the same time, you entitled Carly Jr. 

Lulu acting like quitting her job will make everything better is eye-rolling.  I'm sure Maxie with give you a big old A for effort, Diane Sawyer.

• Love 15