Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, ulkis said:

I thought she seemed pretty unsettled in the last shot.

I agree -- and would go further and say she knows that the returned guy is the real Jason. But that's kind of the least of it. It's the classic "I fell in love with someone while I thought you were dead and I can't turn that off" scenario on top of the switcheroo problem. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 6

I think it is pretty clear that they are setting it up so Sam chooses BMJason and they run the media business, SBJason will be hurt but completely understand and do what he can to coparent in peace while he continues to be part of the mob with Sonny and Carly. And, with SBJason being pleasant enough to BMJason, as well as his comments about how whatever was done was done to both of them, I think it is clear that SBJason will have a decent relationship with his brother after this all shakes down.

But what will happen with him and Ava?

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

But what will happen with him and Ava?

Jason still doesn't kmoq that Ava switched Morgan's bipolar medication. i really doubt that she built enough good will qith Jason that he would understand that especially since both of his best friends hate her and blame her gor Morgan"s death. Especially since Ava is currently involved with someone. If she was unattached,  then maybe the show would have hook her up with Jason but nope.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I agree -- and would go further and say she knows that the returned guy is the real Jason. But that's kind of the least of it. It's the classic "I fell in love with someone while I thought you were dead and I can't turn that off" scenario on top of the switcheroo problem. 

They are definitely leaving their avenues open, or they want to keep us wondering how it's going to go. On Thursday there was Sam pointedly saying "my son with Jason" while holding the BM Jason's hand; but then on Wednesday's show, when the BM Jason was kind of puffing out his chest, saying the SB Jason did this and that at Sonny's house, and boasting that he never would have done that, no matter what Sonny said, clearly thinking that that was going to raise him higher in Sam's eyes, she had a very subdued reaction. She played it like, "Uh...yeah." Because everything he said was reinforcing that the other guy is the Jason she knew for ten years and grieved over, and this one is someone else.  

KeMo is usually one of the weakest links for me, of the people who are on regularly, so which man Sam decides she wants isn't the biggest draw, but I have to say that this story is pulling me in on all the levels. It's waking everyone up. I liked Franco playing the heavy with André, and André in his "goodbyes" to Anna was the most interesting he has ever been.  

Edit: But Carly, enough with the hugging. Is she going to worm out of everything with "But I'm just so glad you're back!" and squeezing the sides of SB Jason's face or throwing her arms around his neck? 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

I thought [Sam] seemed pretty unsettled in the last shot.

Me too.

12 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

LMAOOOOOO @ BM's yelling. I just laugh every time. I can't help it. 

His weird gritted teeth/clenched jaw thing makes it like 10 times funnier.

10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I dunno, but when Jason said "Why is he still alive?" and did his best to change that? My heart, you guys.

This was me in that moment:

giphy.gif

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

They are definitely leaving their avenues open, or they want to keep us wondering how it's going to go. On Thursday there was Sam pointedly saying "my son with Jason" while holding the BM Jason's hand; but then on Wednesday's show, when the BM Jason was kind of puffing out his chest, saying the SB Jason did this and that at Sonny's house, and boasting that he never would have done that, no matter what Sonny said, clearly thinking that that was going to raise him higher in Sam's eyes, she had a very subdued reaction. She played it like, "Uh...yeah." Because everything he said was reinforcing that the other guy is the Jason she knew for ten years and grieved over, and this one is someone else.  

KeMo is usually one of the weakest links for me, of the people who are on regularly, so which man Sam decides she wants isn't the biggest draw, but I have to say that this story is pulling me in on all the levels. It's waking everyone up. I liked Franco playing the heavy with André, and André in his "goodbyes" to Anna was the most interesting he has ever been.  

Edit: But Carly, enough with the hugging. Is she going to worm out of everything with "But I'm just so glad you're back!" and squeezing the sides of SB Jason's face or throwing her arms around his neck? 

I agree. I'm not usually a fan of Sam's. In fact, she is usually up there with Nina as one of my least favorite characters.  However, KM was doing a great job of conveying emotion through her facial expressions and body language like I'm not used to seeing from her.  She is able to show that Sam is conflicted and I THINK what is supposed to be going on is that she knows SBJason is the real Jason but has fallen in love with BMJason in a way that she never was with SBJason.  So, she is conflicted between who she feels she is supposed to be with (the original) and who her heart really wants (extra crispy).

• Love 3

I was about to post a response in defense of OGJaSam but then I realized I don't care about OGJaSam or any JaSam and that was wild thought process. 

Anyway, I DO think it would be a disservice, though, to completely set fire to OGJaSam and that longtime history by having Sam choose someone she's only been with for a few years and thought was Jason Morgan the entire time. Regardless, I do think she'll eventually choose NuJason....but not because it makes sense within the story (aka backstage shenanigans).

• Love 2
On 11/1/2017 at 3:22 PM, Linny said:

God knows I talk a lot of shit about Carly, but I want to give LW credit for how she played her scenes today. She nailed Carly's elation over having Jason back and her fear that she had betrayed her best friend by believing someone else was him. Burton did a nice job as well, and I liked the reference of taking a breath and counting to ten. Jason and Carly are by no means my favorites, but they sold me on their relationship today.

I can't stand Snarly but I always thought LW was a very good actress.  She was brilliant in the "Old GH" thing they did during that whole Luke debacle.

• Love 5
On 11/2/2017 at 1:00 PM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

This memory transfer by computer program is so stupid, so completely impossible and bogus to anyone who has had a career in the hardware and software industries. It might work with robots, but never with human beings. Furthermore, anyone who has a cursory knowledge of the speculations of Freud and Jung, as well as later theorists in the field of psychology, is aware of the id, the ego, and the superego constructs, the archetypes, language theory (language is acquired as the brain develops along the psychological tracks that are established.) No algorithm set could possibly generate the psychological development implied in a person's memories. In some cases, false memories can be implanted, but not with computer programs predicated on algorithms. Hypnosis is far more likely as a successful tool for this goal.

The psychiatrist in GH would have to have degrees in computer science as well as medicine and psychology to dabble in such research. In fact research would take years of group support, tons of money, etc.

Having done research in AI and psychology, I can tell you that cognitive science is a multidisciplinary field, consisting of psychologists. computer scientists, philosophers, and linguists.  Psychiatrists have nothing to do with it (and Freudianism was discredited decades ago).  It is possible to input a corpus into an AI program and have the program generate responses based on the corpus and the machine learning it does, and it is replicable. 

That being said, we are light years away from recreating complete human beings - either in thoughts or memories - and certainly it's not possible at this point to input a corpus into a live human being.

• Love 1

Disclaimer:  Not a fan of Jason the Thug played by any actor.  Not a fan of JaSam either.  Also, I like RH and Franco.  Villain redemption is a big part of soapy goodness for me.

Ok, here are my comments.  With all the moaning and breastbeating Snarly did about how it's all her fault about Jason, and naming everyone she hurt, NOT ONCE did she mention all the pain she caused Liz, what with making her a pariah and everything.  She owes Liz an apology.

SBJason beating up Franco was ridiculous and pointless, as was Snarly's yelling, "It's not his fault! blah blah blah"  I take this as a sign that, just like before, anything Jason does in the future, no matter how violent or out of control, will be just fine with everyone.  Because a "stone cold" killer is on such higher moral ground than a serial killer who was like that due to a brain tumor??  Ain't no cure for sociopathy.  Jason is never sorry for anything he does.

I have a feeling I will be watching a lot less GH from now on.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, HipOldBat said:

SBJason beating up Franco was ridiculous and pointless, as was Snarly's yelling, "It's not his fault! blah blah blah"  I take this as a sign that, just like before, anything Jason does in the future, no matter how violent or out of control, will be just fine with everyone.  Because a "stone cold" killer is on such higher moral ground than a serial killer who was like that due to a brain tumor??  Ain't no cure for sociopathy.  Jason is never sorry for anything he does.

It's not about that though. SB didn't beat him up because Franco is a serial killer while he is a "mere" mob killer. He beat him up because he remembers Franco as someone who personally targeted him and the people he cares about.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, HipOldBat said:

With all the moaning and breastbeating Snarly did about how it's all her fault about Jason, and naming everyone she hurt, NOT ONCE did she mention all the pain she caused Liz, what with making her a pariah and everything.  She owes Liz an apology

Why? Carly didn't force Liz to lie. Liz lied to and about Jakeson because she believed he was Jason and she decided it was her turn to be with him. Everyone being wrong about Jakeson's identity doesn't change that - it makes it worse, because she did all of that for nothing.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 11

Poor Monica.  I'm sure the show will paint her as a crotchety bitch for taking this position, but I certainly don't blame her for clinging to the idea that the current Jason - who lets her be part of his life, who lets her know she has grandchildren, who spares a thought for her (which Jason Classic has yet to do) - is the real one.

Poor Scotty.  Always stuck dealing with Franco, whose central role and self-centered attitude in this story is very annoying.  And given he again mentioned his role in baby Jase's/Susan's life, I'm worried he's still being teed up to go under the bus.

Poor Griffin.  Getting judged by someone like Sonny.  Hey Corinthos, maybe you should pray for forgiveness for the murders you've committed.

• Love 12

I am so over Sonny saying "X is going to pay for what he did" or anyone else (Diane today) saying it for him. Because you know who never pays ?  Sonny and Carly. Aided by Diane for lots of money.

Sonny it doesn't matter if Griffin is in the priesthood or not, your soul is lost.

I love how appalled Monica is at the idea that the guy brutally beating up Franco is her real son. Poor Monica.  Maybe they'll let her keep raising Danny and Scout.

This show is so stupid for throwing away all the drama by making everyone except for Sam recognize the real! Jason! and say they never believed the other one.  Of course, they're like that all the time, narcissisticly convinced that they are right but it makes for bad soap.

• Love 4

I'm prepared to take flak for this opinion, but my dream scenario is BMJason stays with Sam, Liz dumps Franco's lying murderous ass, and Liz hooks back up with Jason. They've got Jake tying them together and I don't think there's any chance of a Lucky return to play interference, so it would be natural for them to partner up. I would much rather Liz be attached to someone in the business than someone absolutely irredeemable like Franco. And the way Jason and Liz looked at each other at the end of the episode? I'm sorry, they've got chemistry in spades.

• Love 15

They do have chemistry.  But Jake and especially Arthur and Conan do not deserve to have amoral Jason "I will always put Sonny and Carly first All. The. Time" Morgan as a father-figure.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Linny said:

I don't think there's any chance of a Lucky return to play interference

:weeps:

BH and SB do have chemistry (as do BH and BM) but that couple is the ultimate Charlie Brown and the football scenario.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 13

Yup. BH has chemistry with freaking EVERYBODY. But if Jason isn't ever going to be allowed to put anyone above Sonny/Michael/mob, then he needs to stay a RoboGoon. Which means he has no family to curtail him. Let him be Drew, perfect Sonny goon. Let BM stay Jason, newly minted good family man and corporate business man.

How long before Jason asks about his mother? Weeks? Months? Bets anyone? 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Sonny and Carly are his mama now. #eyeroll

I do wonder if since she was just talking with Monica...previews...Liz will bring her up with Jason when they talk on Monday.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Yup. BH has chemistry with freaking EVERYBODY. But if Jason isn't ever going to be allowed to put anyone above Sonny/Michael/mob, then he needs to stay a RoboGoon. Which means he has no family to curtail him. Let him be Drew, perfect Sonny goon. Let BM stay Jason, newly minted good family man and corporate business man.

Yeah, Sonny and Carly might as well move him into their fortress so he's never out of sight.  

• Love 1

BH is a chemistry magnet and it has never made sense why this show constantly trashes her and her pairings.

Liason!  That's all, folks!  Liason!  And their "eye sex!"

I want the truth to come out that Scott IS not Franco's father and for Serena to come home, permanently.

Sonny, sit your ass down!

I don't care for Ava's new hair color, but MW looks smashing!

LMAO.  Monica will probably be the last person to actually see Jason face to face to determine if he is her son.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, stlbf said:

Yup. BH has chemistry with freaking EVERYBODY.

As does Kimberly McCullough.

17 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

BH is a chemistry magnet and it has never made sense why this show constantly trashes her and her pairings.

So is Kimberly! I should be grateful after the old regime trashed Robin, that she was finally given a pairing with someone with whom she continues to live Happily Ever After. I will side-eye her for trying to get Dante to forgive that moobster for SHOOTING.HIM.IN.THE.CHEST. by holding up her prom picture with Stone, but she did get to wallop and BITCH!SLAP the SheBeast, AND I will never hold it against her for telling the truth about The Stupid Little Shit to AJ.

I'll go and see myself out now.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So is Kimberly! I should be grateful after the old regime trashed Robin, that she was finally given a pairing with someone with whom she continues to live Happily Ever After. I will side-eye her for trying to get Dante to forgive that moobster for SHOOTING.HIM.IN.THE.CHEST. by holding up her prom picture with Stone, but she did get to wallop and BITCH!SLAP the SheBeast, AND I will never hold it against her for telling the truth about The Stupid Little Shit to AJ.

Amen now and forever.  

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Griffin/Ava are right up my alley but I actually really don't like them. They just come of so completely phony to me. And I hate Ava's new hair color.

Same - on both counts. Griffin/Ava just feels like a rehash of Ava/Morgan with a nicer, slightly more self-righteous guy. I don't see it lasting or going anywhere unexpected and I don't really care about them together

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Griffin/Ava just feels like a rehash of Ava/Morgan with a nicer, slightly more self-righteous guy.

With Morgan/Ava, at least to me, I liked that the show a) steered into chemistry fans had noticed and b) steered into the soapiness of the set-up (Carly and then Kiki walking in on them going at it was soap gold).  But with Griffin/Ava, it just kinda feels like they ran out of people to pair them with.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I don't like Griffin/Ava, either, for the admittedly irrational reason that Griffin never hooked up with Liz, freeing her (real talk: me) from the abomination of a relationship with You Know Who.

Also, I've never actually warmed to Ava. Maura West is talented, but I dunno. I take her side against Sonny and Carly (and Julian) because the staggering levels of smug hypocrisy is just too much to stomach, but that doesn't mean I actually like her.

• Love 9

Another week with Sonny going out of his way to be nasty to a woman. 

Franco doesn't deserve to be living in society but neither does Sonny, Jason, and Carly.

Now I remember how much I HATE Jason.  It's not so much SBu but it's all of the fawning over that vile thug which makes it even worse. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Uh huh. I also got a lot of satisfaction when Robin pissed off Carly yet again when she told Nik that Spencer (Jon at the time) was his when Jax and Carly were trying to raise him. Not because I liked Nik more than Jax but just because it pissed off Carly and made her relive the whole Michael situation. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, HipOldBat said:

Having done research in AI and psychology, I can tell you that cognitive science is a multidisciplinary field, consisting of psychologists. computer scientists, philosophers, and linguists.  Psychiatrists have nothing to do with it (and Freudianism was discredited decades ago).  It is possible to input a corpus into an AI program and have the program generate responses based on the corpus and the machine learning it does, and it is replicable. 

That being said, we are light years away from recreating complete human beings - either in thoughts or memories - and certainly it's not possible at this point to input a corpus into a live human being.

I'm aware of your expertise in psychology, sociology, and related topics, and always appreciate and enjoy your knowledgeable input, HIPOLDBAT. I've spent a career documenting and developing computer software and hardware, studied AI too and wrote a dissertation on aspects of selected philosophies of language and rhetorical linguistics, obtaining a Ph. D before I went into a career in computer science. Furthermore, I am acquainted with practitioners who are part of at least one thriving Psychoanalytic Institute who use Freudian and Jungian models to treat patients. I too am an admirer of AI applications, especially in the medical field, where physicians are aided by knowledge-based systems that help them diagnose and treat. You are correct that these systems can learn;  one way is to use mathematical algorithms that grow the original knowledge databases by the addition of case information, expanding the knowledge base and applying probability to weigh in at decision points.

You are also correct in your assertion that we are so far away from recreating thoughts and memories for input into a live human. For my money, hypnosis is the best option currently available for attempting to implant false or manufactured memories into a human. Hypnosis has its roots in Freudian theory in particular.

Ava's new color could grow on me. It isn't a radical change. But now, may I suggest a more radical change? If she's going to keep obsessing over the barely visible scars that The Treatment™ did not erase, because she only needed that one more application of The Treatment™, can she just part her hair on the other side? She has it covering the unmarked side beautifully. God. It makes no sense. They can't even write vanity logically. 

Whenever Sonny rolls his eyes at Griffin (or any other man) for being drawn to Ava, I wish someone would shut him down by pointing out that he was into her enough to create the most recent of his precious little bundles with her. I don't care if it was "hate sex," or whatever.

Oh, thank God, Sam got discharged. I was beginning to think we were in for another solid week of people coming into her room just to say or be told that she needed her rest, and then some (but not all) of them leaving, and then the ones who left returning within the same episode. And all this fragile-kitten-clinging-to-life drama over, what? She took a dip in a cold body of water for a few minutes. Elderly men actually form clubs and make recreation out of that. Meanwhile, the actual gunshot victim in this story was up and walking around in no time. Which one of these two is the "helpless" one, again?  

Carolyn Hennesy sold her scene with Burton pretty well. It actually made me think back on her scenes with the BM Jason...and if I did see them again, maybe I'd see no trace that Diane "never bought it" and always thought there were holes in the story, but because CH is so good, I believed her meta-retcon.  

I look forward to Olivia and Ned getting their every-60-days episode in...I guess, late December? Is that the schedule? Because I really want a progress report on their extremely slow Lord and Lady Macbeth act. Maybe they'll get an acceleration with Thanksgiving opening up the possibility for holiday cooking hilarity.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

And all this fragile-kitten-clinging-to-life drama over, what? She took a dip in a cold body of water for a few minutes. Elderly men actually form clubs and make recreation out of that. Meanwhile, the actual gunshot victim in this story was up and walking around in no time. Which one of these two is the "helpless" one, again?  

I say this as someone who's never been a Sam, especially  re: her relationship with Jason. The issue was that she was drugged and only semi-conscious when she went into the water, so it's not like she could just kick a little and swim to the surface. SBJason got her to wake up for a second and cough up the water after pulling her out of the harbor. It seemed like BMJason was the one, with both lines and behavior, who was emphasizing how fragile/messed up he believed Sam was as a result of what she'd been through.  BMJason seemed motivated to over-emphasize her fragility to puff himself up as her big, strong protector husband not about to allow "imposter" Jason with his nefarious intentions near her (also because he already felt his Jason status threatened by the insta-love and acceptance as the 'real Jason' that SBJason received from S&C).  The writing for SBJason somewhat emphasizing Sam's fragility is (IMO) to show what a hero the real Jason was for saving her/to re-invigorate the old "Stone Cold" guilt about Sam being a target because she's connected to Jason who has mysterious people coming after him.  It didn't seem that Epiphany thinks Sam is a fragile kitten so much as she was annoyed at the Jason-Jason drama going on in Sam's room, especially BMJason's yelling. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, bluebox said:

Can't they run RealJason's prints and see that he's Jason? Were fingerprints ever involved or mentioned with Jakeson to begin with?

I remember something about the PCPD starting to do a fingerprint check, but the files were either deleted or blocked.  Anyone else have more details?  

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:06 PM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Oh man it felt good to see Franco the weasel get pounded by a real man. I think I may have leaped out of my chair and helped SBJason open a can of whoop ass on Franco myself.  

This sounds so wrong.

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:30 PM, Star Aristille said:

I didn't at all.  The way she held Drew's hand when she said that Danny was their son (and I believe she initiated the hand hold, not Drew) told me that she will keep believing that he is her Jason, not the actual one.

What was with Sam wearing wedding bands on both hands?  Are they trying to pull an Outlander?

1 hour ago, bluebox said:

Can't they run RealJason's prints and see that he's Jason? Were fingerprints ever involved or mentioned with Jakeson to begin with?

Yes.. They ran Jake Doe prints, but they were erased from database so nothing came up.

17 hours ago, stlbf said:

I think Sam being tied to each man with a child is too hard to resist.

• Love 4

I effing LOVE Griffin and Ava!!!. They way he looks at her? OMG how is MW not melting into a puddle on the floor?. lol

I think/hope they are going to have BM be Real Jason and stay with Sam, and SBu us Drew and stay with Sonny. I don't know how/when the Drew/Jason switch was made but I have a feeling it was loooong time ago.

I also can't wait for SBu character to find out Sonny killed AJ and then had SEX ON HIS COFFIN with Ava. Wanna see his facial reaction.  Although I know he will end up being all what ever, all is forgiven. I am hoping that SBu character will finally be the one to end all this Avery custody bullshit...he will feel like he owes it to Ava and Griffin for helping him escape and broker a deal with Sonny and Carly, who will feel giulty that they believed BM was him and agree to it. Dreaming, I know!

(didnt mean to quote RHZombie below but cant delete it)

3 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think Sam being tied to each man with a child is too hard to resist.

Edited by Cupcake04
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Liason!  That's all, folks!  Liason!  And their "eye sex!"

I want the truth to come out that Scott IS not Franco's father and for Serena to come home, permanently.

Sonny, sit your ass down!

I don't care for Ava's new hair color, but MW looks smashing!

LMAO.  Monica will probably be the last person to actually see Jason face to face to determine if he is her son.

The color is much prettier than that colorless platinum, but it's not working with MW's skin tone.  

• Love 2