Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yes, just what I can't wait for: this lunatic (one minute waxing nostalgic about her ride-and-die past, the next crying about no more gun shots) to get to decide which ~Jason she wants.

I've never been so grateful I never liked JaSam or Liason.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I still can't see Michael as controlling in this instance, because he agreed with her and did it her way once they discussed it.

Michael should have discussed it with Nelle first. He wasn't giving her a cheese-of-the-month subscription; it was a condo. 

2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Carly, naturally, will have great insight because both Jasons are now her bestest friend ever. 

LOL. I'm slightly curious how/if they'll delve into this, or they'll just wave it off with Carly saying she never really felt that same special connection to Jakeson, no matter how hard she tried.

1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

Connie: I framed you for my death, and now, I will have my revenge!

(Connie is surrounded by members of the WSB and the PCPD, as Jordan and Robert arrest Connie.)

More like: "I tried to frame you for my death, but the stupid PCPD can't solve a case even when the clue is literally spelled out for it!"

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Did Kirsten Storms have those boobies before she left, or did she make their acquaintance during her last absence?

I think it's just weight gain, since she was rail thin before she left.

• Love 6

Apparently no one on this show has ever seen someone who is psychotic.

I hate Sonny so much.   He doesn't care about anyone who isn't sanctifying him.  How is this the hero of the show? 

Karma would be Jason getting killed because Sonny wouldn't help Ava but I know that isn't going to happen. 

I am so sick of seeing that pictures of the two boys.  How did Franco not manage to destroy it yet with all the fondling of it he does?

• Love 5

"Ever since Petrov was killed"—didn't Sonny shoot him? I hate the way this show uses the passive voice for this crap.

6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So Ava is finally going to "earn redemption" and "become a good person" by helping Steve Burton Jason...

TFGH. I wonder if Franco will join in, given how desperate the show is to erase the fact he's a SERIAL KILLER.

Why are they teasing us with Elizabeth/Griffin scenes?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

You'd think Griffin had never met Sonny before, what with his clueless insistence that Sonny should care about Ava's safety. No, Griffin, Sonny's gotta Sonny, he's going to spew vitriol at everyone who has ever wronged him and believe he's perfectly in the right to do so. Ava was complicit enough in Morgan's death that she will always be a choice target for Sonny's wrath, and for Griffin to believe otherwise is pure naiveté.

Oh, look, Franco is yet again deliberately lying to Liz and keeping her in the dark about something important. It's stuff like this that proves that Franco is not a good man or partner even when disregarding his serial killer past. 

Nice of the show to acknowledge that there was no reason for Patient 6 to be silent for so long other than to create intrigue. I hope Ava enjoys her moral victory achieved by helping him, because that's probably the only victory she's going to get. I have no faith that she will ever get a leg up on Sonny, not even by helping rescue the illustrious Jason Morgan.

• Love 6

Why don't they have Maxie start her own business? She could be a stylist, a show producer, etc., etc. Heck, she could start her own magazine to compete with Crimson.

They barely tried to make the clinic more than a jazzed-up GH.

2 minutes ago, Linny said:

Ava was complicit enough in Morgan's death that she will always be a choice target for Sonny's wrath, and for Griffin to believe otherwise is pure naiveté.

This is one time Sonny is absolutely justified to hold a grudge.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Why don't they have Maxie start her own business? She could be a stylist, a show producer, etc., etc. Heck, she could start her own magazine to compete with Crimson.

She and Lucy should have already teamed up!

15 minutes ago, Linny said:

Oh, look, Franco is yet again deliberately lying to Liz and keeping her in the dark about something important. It's stuff like this that proves that Franco is not a good man or partner even when disregarding his serial killer past.

On the other hand, I'm not looking forward to Liz being all, "How could you!" about this.  She was fine with him locking a man in a dog cage and using a shock collar on him, fine touching him even though (while having a tumor, to be fair) he kidnapped her newborn son and played rape-y mind games.  But this would be an evil deed too far?

• Love 5

Today's show pre-empted as usual.  Can anyone tell me why The Chew is so much more valuable than GH?

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 2:30 PM, ciarra said:

Because I have this terrible feeling that she's going to play it back for him, ad nauseum.

I feel Sam will whip that video out to talk down Patient 6 as he's trying to murder someone - maybe even her?

1 hour ago, Linny said:

I hope Ava enjoys her moral victory achieved by helping him, because that's probably the only victory she's going to get. I have no faith that she will ever get a leg up on Sonny, not even by helping rescue the illustrious Jason Morgan.

Oh, her big victory will be Sonny letting her live.  She still won't get to see Avery in anything but a passing way (she's Sonny's property, after all), but he won't kill her.  All hail, Sonny.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

So Ava is finally going to "earn redemption" and "become a good person" by helping Steve Burton Jason...

...I fuckin' hate this show.

The real Ava would bang Steve Jason and begin a torrid,  crazy affair.  Jason would be devoted to her.  Then Jason would steal Avery from Sonny.  

• Love 9

ulkis and movingtargetgal, you're right.  I (ashamedly) hadn't put two and two together correctly.  I agree that she looks fantastic and I'm thrilled that she's back.  I love her quirks:  her voice, her ditziness, even her crazy hair sometimes.  You know, all the things that drive others crazy.  Lol

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, blondiek237 said:

I want to see Jason and Ava to become great friends (almost ride or die), then come back to Port Charles and watch Sonny and Carly's heads explode when he defends her over them.

And he could inadvertently reveal his knowledge of that time several years ago when Sonny, in one of his self-pitying moments, decided he should bring no more children into the world and had himself neutered. As a result, Ava could regain custody of Avery since she would be the only living parent and one of the only living immediately relatives without an exploded head.

• Love 7

Oh, look. Ava bonding with a male character she's never encountered before. Because we haven't gone to that well twice before in the last year and a half. When her face is fixed, is Griffin/Ava/OGJason going to be the hot triangle of the winter? 

When I was watching this episode, the news preemption was cut out, and when it rejoined in progress, practically the first thing I heard was "It came from Russia?!" How fitting.  Yes, Brick and Sonny. It came from Russia. So much does now.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And have it put Crimson out of business and Nina responds by either killing herself or moving far far away to wherever characters move to that results in them never coming back to the show.  Where did Skye and Justus move to?

22 hours ago, seasons said:

Ava bitching to Jason about what she's been though while he is shackled to a bed on horse tranquilizers.

And he's still so badass that they only knock him out for a few seconds. They knock out a Clydesdale for hours but not the mighty Jason.  I bet they figure out a way to give Sonny credit for such badassery.

11 hours ago, seasons said:

From everything I can tell, MB is a really nice guy who cares about people.  Too bad he half-asses his time on the show and plays a deplorable character that the writers insist on shoving down our throats until we learn to love him.

• Love 5

Yet another sister of an off-screen deceased person who the show brought to town to, I guess, try and get us to feel bad for the person they're blaming?  What a weird trend.  And it doesn't work.

Amy 2.0 crying and being whiny about Nathan and Maxie solving problems she got them into?  Girl, shut up.  Why is this Man Landers crap still a thing?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

JZ looks like the cryptkeeper. Poor woman seems to be trying so hard, even with that same hairstyle and color from 40 years ago. Even her voice feels too tight.

Doesn't Bobbie have a job or something to do? She still shows up at the hospital?

Yikes. That Quinn lady. Such harsh makeup for an older lady

Edited by seasons
  • Love 5

Anna: "What did you talk about?"

Finn: "Sailing, [blah blah blah], illegally acquired conflict gems—"

Anna: "Really?"

Oh, Anna.

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why is this Man Landers crap still a thing?

Why does Nathan keep thinking he'll be arrested for fraud? It's such an absurd overreaction. This isn't a James Frey situation. (And don't get me started on that.) 

• Love 2

So as it turns out, multiplying the number of Ask Man Landers and adding a seriously misguided Jackal did not at all increase the number of fucks I give about this storyline."My brother is risking everything today. When the world knows he's Ask Man Landers, anything can happen."  Really, Nina? Nathan's coming out as the man behind an inexplicably popular advice blog, he's not fucking Batman, I think you can relax.

Zach's sister came across as harsh and was terrible at phony crying, so if we're supposed to commiserate with her then they miscalculated badly. 

Sure, Anna, Finn's about as charming as nails on a chalkboard are soothing, but whatever. He can earn his keep if he continues calling Anna out on her unhealthy fixation on Valentin. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, seasons said:

Forgot how much I hate savant man-child Spinelli.

He literally ruins everything.  Why is it that we can't have a douche free day?  Sonny and Franco are not on, well lets bring on Spinelli and his stupidity.  

23 minutes ago, Linny said:

Zach's sister came across as harsh and was terrible at phony crying, so if we're supposed to commiserate with her then they miscalculated badly. 

When she showed up at NElle's door at the end (how the hell would she know where Nelle freakin' lives???) I thought the story might get interesting and they'd show us that the two of them are in cahoots together,.  But no, just more stupid stuff.  

38 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why does Nathan keep thinking he'll be arrested for fraud?

Something about he got a book publishing deal and a poop load of money, for putting his name on a book that he didn't write.  Though why they couldn't work around that and say that Amy was the ghost writer or something, I don't know.  

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"Zach would never go to Maine.  He was a Southern boy through and through."  In that case, why don't you have a southern accent?

Lots of reasons: She hasn't lived in the South for years; she got rid of her accent so people don't prejudge her; she never had one in the first place, etc.

1 minute ago, Perkie said:
39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why does Nathan keep thinking he'll be arrested for fraud?

Something about he got a book publishing deal and a poop load of money, for putting his name on a book that he didn't write.  Though why they couldn't work around that and say that Amy was the ghost writer or something, I don't know.  

I know why he thinks that. I meant there's no reason for him to think that, and he's way overreacting. As you wrote, there are lots of ways around it. I get they're trying to make him some straight arrow, but this makes him look like an idiot. A publisher isn't going to go after some nobody, especially for something like this.

Edited by dubbel zout
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

A publisher isn't going to go after some nobody, especially for something like this.

Yeah, but there was other nonsense about how the men who wrote in to Man Landers would feel duped because they thought they were writing to a studly guy, but turns out they were writing to some wimmin with girly parts and cooties.  And they'd all run away in droves and drive the sale of the book down and the publisher would lose money and have to wear sweats everyday.  Or some equally stupid stuff.  

• Love 1

Which was somewhat valid but doesn't mean the publisher would sue. Whatever, it's a dumb plot point to stretch a story way beyond its sell-by date.

Michael really sucks for not going to Bobbie's party. I know it was to make us think Nelle is evul (right), but it's not as if he couldn't blow in for 5 minutes to clap and give Bobbie a kiss. The event is at GH, not somewhere that needs a huge commute. UGH.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Agreed.  But Quinn also looks like the type that would get her panties in a bunch and have Nathan and Amy arrested.  Then Nathan can get fired from the PCPD because we don't need good men on this show when we have Sonny, Franco, Spinelli, Valentin and Jason.  

Man, I didnt' realize I was so bitter!!

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, seasons said:

Forgot how much I hate savant man-child Spinelli.

My cable was down for two weeks as a result of Hurricane Irma. (I got power back after one week.) When I got reconnected and read the synopses online, my only GH-related thought was that I had been blessed because I had missed Spinelli. And then he showed up today. I'm tired of the character. I'm tired of people mentioning the character when he's offscreen. He is a legacy character that I am willing to let TPTB drop forever. 

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Why does Nathan keep thinking he'll be arrested for fraud? It's such an absurd overreaction. This isn't a James Frey situation. (And don't get me started on that.) 

Based on what I know from the cops I know, it seems like he'd be more concerned about moonlighting and not letting his boss know about it. Most policemen I know have said they have to get permission to have a second job because they can't be seen doing something untoward in their off hours. And since Amy had already published his picture on her column before Nathan even knew about it, he should definitely be more concerned about that, IMO.

ETA: Which is exactly why this who "who is he" crap is ridiculous. His face would be out there for anyone who knew how to type a name into a search engine. Don't the writers remember that they started this story by having strangers stop him and thank him for his advice? TFGH.

Edited by rur
  • Love 3

I hate the Man Landers story at its base.  I don't feel sorry for Amy 2.0 given she went about trying to make extra money for her completely off-screen brother in the dumbest way possibly - launching an advice blog hoping it would get popular enough to get her a book deal and then emotionally blackmailing someone she barely knows into being its public face.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

emotionally blackmailing someone she barely knows into being its public face.

Yeah, this is the most irritating thing about this for me. Nathan is an idiot to go along with it, but Amy 2.0 knew what buttons to push. What also really annoys me is that the show makes Cliff a vet and then doesn't address the VA part. At all! Make up some bogus reason Amy needs to raise money immediately—he needs such specialized care that there's no VA expert, so he's in a private hospital that won't cut her a break. Unlikely, but at least it explains her desperation.

UGH. 

• Love 4

Amy lost me when she was sooo upset that Maxie hadn't told her about the plan to continue hiding Nathan's identity instead of being glad that his wishes would continue to be respected.  It felt like she wanted Nathan exposed so he would be hers! hers! hers! rather than Maxie's.  You blackmailed him into it, you don't get a say now.

Poor Ryan Paevey.  The Ass Man Landers is making Nathan look as stupid as a rock.

52 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Lots of reasons: She hasn't lived in the South for years; she got rid of her accent so people don't prejudge her; she never had one in the first place, etc.

I'll buy that she got rid of it so people wouldn't prejudge her.  Even if she didn't live in the South any more, she would have visited frequently because Zach never visited up north and she must have grown up in the South given how close a famly they are supposed to be.

Really it's a fault of the actress and the director.  Especially the actress who should have put more thought into the role.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Really it's a fault of the actress and the director.  Especially the actress who should have put more thought into the role.

I can't really blame the actress given the writers/the show as a whole has put little thought into this.  She's here to make us feel bad for Nelle, that's it.

• Love 1

I'm sure there are good actresses looking for work.  Why did they hire this one?

I don't get the point of the whole Zach/Nelle/Carly plot.  Is it to make Carly look like a shrew? 

Nelle is the most milquetoast schemer ever.  Although if a miracle happens and Michael finally grows a backbone and stands up to Carly and Sonny I may be okay with it.

• Love 3

Why did Nathan take his mask off to talk to Spinelli?  Does his mouth not work if his eyes are covered?  Although he talked to others while masked, so....weird.  And so convenient so he could be discovered as Man Landers.  And I'm sorry, I just can't take Amy.  The way she never sees what she's doing is causing problems for Nathan and Maxie, and she just flounces away when she's upset (well, I think maybe she flounces all the time).  Do Not Like Her.

• Love 4

I didn't hate Spinelli as much today as I normally do. I think it's probably just because of the beard though.

I don't understand this Ass Man Landers story. Like what is happening and how are we supposed to be taking it? Amy is horrendous but I feel like we're supposed to feel for her or something. Weird. KSt looks really good though and she just seems so much happier and healthier, which is nice to see.

I continue to think this Anna/Finn story sucks, but sometimes ME makes me laugh.

I fast forwarded everything else.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

The way she never sees what she's doing is causing problems for Nathan and Maxie,

She knows, but she doesn't care, because Maxie was really mean to her in high school and deserves everything bad that happens to her. Never mind that a major story was that Maxie's boyfriend at the time put a sex tape on the Internet, and she was teased and humiliated. 

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

KSt looks really good though and she just seems so much happier and healthier, which is nice to see.

Ditto! She really looks good, and it's great MB is helping her with her depression.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I'm sure there are good actresses looking for work.  Why did they hire this one?

I don't get the point of the whole Zach/Nelle/Carly plot.  Is it to make Carly look like a shrew? 

Nelle is the most milquetoast schemer ever.  Although if a miracle happens and Michael finally grows a backbone and stands up to Carly and Sonny I may be okay with it.

Snarly is a shrew on her good days.

• Love 3