Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I wonder if Laura Wright resents that they made Carly into such a shrieking bitch in order for Sonny to play the hero for her kids that he is not the biological father of.   No, it's not cute that she's trying to get Milo to spy on her daughter.  14 year olds should be allowed to kiss in private.

"How did the child of two such cynical people end up so trusting?" asks Carly.  Answer:  AJ's genes.

I am so fed up with Sam. Does she think that her crying and snotting all over Jason is going to help him during his seizure?  The medical gobbledygook was worse than usual this episode, as were the stupid electrodes attached to his forehead. That's not where they go.

That's the most I've seen SBu emote in years.  He must be thrilled that Stone Cold beat four white coats. But I can't believe how obvious this whole storyline is.  Yawn.  And of course Jason wants to call Sonny. Forget the Quartermaines or Sam, it's Sonny All The Way.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"How did the child of two such cynical people end up so trusting?" asks Carly.  Answer:  AJ's genes.

Also: coma. 

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

the stupid electrodes attached to his forehead. That's not where they go.

I love how they're peeling off because BM is sweaty. Hee.

• Love 5

Did anyone else find themselves laughing really hard at the scenes with Steve Burton today?  Between the ripping off of his hood before attacking someone with a pen and then him falling to the ground when he was shot up with the elephant tranquilizer or whatever they have to use to get someone as macho as real Jason to pass out.  Oh, and I was also laughing at how he was supposed to be unconscious but he was clearly moving to help the orderlies drag his body out of there.

There's a lot I hate on this show but I think that Nina is currently my least favorite character.  She gives me one of those stabbing headaches in my eye whenever she is on my screen.

• Love 5

Of course the idea that Michael buying Nelle the condo was controlling behavior doesn't occur to the writers at all. No, it's just him being so trusting and generous.

I still don't know why Ava is so invested in Patient 6. Or is she just that bored at the Clinic That Valentin Found?

LOL at the pantomime flashback while Betsy was retconning the Franco origin story.

Sam, maybe if you got out of the way and stopped shouting at the doctors they could help Jason.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

There's a lot I hate on this show but I think that Nina is currently my least favorite character.

Fair.

The last two episodes have spring boarded Nelle and Michael to the top of my list.  Everything about them is pointless and stupid and boring and dumb and vanilla, they're not even fun to hate.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

The kids in the picture look older than 3 years.

Also, I found the kids in the picture didn't look to be the same age.  They looked like they were 4 and 6, yet based on the new backstory, SBu's Jason, BM's Drew and RoHo's Franco were all born at the same time and therefore are all the same age.  Sure show, sure.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Fair.

The last two episodes have spring boarded Nelle and Michael to the top of my list.  Everything about them is pointless and stupid and boring and dumb and vanilla, they're not even fun to hate.

Also fair.  How a character who is part Spencer and part Quartermaine can be so dull is beyond me. Nelle makes him worse.

• Love 4

"How the hell did he get a pen?!" Ava looks around guiltily. Hee. This story is galatically stupid, but there are some good bits.

4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Everything about them is pointless and stupid and boring and dumb and vanilla, they're not even fun to hate.

Seriously. All they do is reassure each that Nelle isn't as bad as she thinks she is and Michael is the most wonderful person ever. Zzzzz.

15 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Did anyone else find themselves laughing really hard at the scenes with Steve Burton today?  Between the ripping off of his hood before attacking someone with a pen and then him falling to the ground when he was shot up with the elephant tranquilizer or whatever they have to use to get someone as macho as real Jason to pass out.  Oh, and I was also laughing at how he was supposed to be unconscious but he was clearly moving to help the orderlies drag his body out of there.

The "action" sequences usually are UCG. I know they don't have too much time to block and/or practice, but the scenes always look so cheesy.

Has it really been four weeks in real time since Jason was out? It feels so much longer.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:'

Of course the idea that Michael buying Nelle the condo was controlling behavior doesn't occur to the writers at all. No, it's just him being so trusting and generous.

I think it could be out of trusting and generous motives, rather than controlling behavior. Nell had to point out to Michael that his gesture could be interpreted by hostile people to throw suspicion or a bad light on both of them. But the key is that Michael is a grown man with his own money, and he can buy the apartment for her out of generosity. If hostile people like Carly and Sonny want to interfere and make the couple miserable, Michael and Nell don't have to knuckle under. Michael could easily bring Carson to heel by cutting back his ties with them, avoiding social and personal or business interactions too. He could "divorce" Carson and inform them of his decision. Sonny knows that, and Carly should listen to him. The controlling behavior belongs to Carson, not Michael or Nell.

• Love 2

The dramatics of the actors pantomiming in the background of the Betsy/Franco scenes was a bit too much for me. I get it, this is the pivotal birth of the blessed Jason, but it felt silly seeing it happen over Betsy's shoulder.

Michael and Nelle are so fucking boring and such a waste of time. I wish Nelle was 10% as nefarious as Carly believes her to be, because then maybe she'd actually do something worth paying attention to.

Of course Jason gave Ava Sonny's phone number. Contacting his wife, his mother, or the police would be entirely out of the question, I guess. I would have been interested if Ava had actually contacted Sonny and used her helping Jason to curry favor with Sonny so she could get more time with Avery. That would provide true motivation for her assisting him, because currently her fascination seems unfounded.

Sam's spent all this time worrying about losing Jason, imagine how she'll feel when she finds about this BOGO sale on Jason. She legitimately may never stop crying.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I think it could be out of trusting and generous motives,

If he'd talked to Nelle about it first, yes. He could have said, "I know how much you love this apartment, so how about I buy it and you pay me rent?" He didn't do any of that. He presented it to her as a fait accompli. It's not about Michael doing whatever he wants with his money. It's that he's making unilateral decisions for an adult. That's controlling.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

There's a lot I hate on this show but I think that Nina is currently my least favorite character.  She gives me one of those stabbing headaches in my eye whenever she is on my screen.

Agreed, as much as I hate Sonny and Carly, I would rather watch them any day of the week instead of Nina.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Agreed, as much as I hate Sonny and Carly, I would rather watch them any day of the week instead of Nina.

Nina deserves every bit of heartbreak she is going to get when Valentin inevitably betrays her or gets charged with a crime and goes back to jail. He has all but admitted in front of her and other people, twice, that he did something nefarious to Ava - the only witness against him to Nik's murder - to get her away, and Nina has no reaction at all.

• Love 6

After Franco thanked Betsy for finally telling the truth, I honestly expected him to say, "And now I have to kill you for lying to me all these years."

Griffin, Ava is in trouble of her own making.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Andrew Quartermaine

But is he Andrew Quartermain, Andrew Moore or Andrew Frank?  

15 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

the only witness against him to Nik's murder - to get her away, and Nina has no reaction at all.

Well, she does cry and tell him how much of a hero he is for surviving scoliosis.  

• Love 3
Just now, Perkie said:

But is he Andrew Quartermain, Andrew Moore or Andrew Frank?  

I would bet Andrew Quartermaine because they can call him "AJ" and forget Real AJ existed.  They had Sonny's unholy spawn named AJ Quartermaine for a bit and this was the child allegedly conceived on AJ 's grave.   

23 minutes ago, LillyB said:

But that's like saying would you prefer a kick to the head or a kick to the crotch.  Neither is an option that I want.  

• Love 5
On 9/23/2017 at 1:09 PM, statsgirl said:

if the parents really want to do what's best for the children, they will let them have a stable home and a stable routine with lots of access to the other parent.

I have friends who split up and they have two kids.  They ended up renting an apartment in the same town and THEY move each week so the kids can stay in the family home full time.  I thought that was so awesome.  I mean I know it may not work for everyone, but they are really putting the kids first by inconveniencing themselves rather than their children.  They are the adults who decided things weren't working, the kids had no say.  I just thought that was interesting and I never heard of that type of arrangement before.

• Love 5

Good for your friends, @mostlylurking.  That's really putting the kids first. I've heard of a few other parents doing that arrangement but very few because the discomfort is on the parents then rather than putting it on the kids and the adults don't like that. 

1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Michael could easily bring Carson to heel by cutting back his ties with them, avoiding social and personal or business interactions too. He could "divorce" Carson and inform them of his decision. Sonny knows that, and Carly should listen to him. The controlling behavior belongs to Carson, not Michael or Nell.

Michael putting himself first and Carson second is going to happen right around the time this show moves from Sonny's World back to being about the hospital and medical staff.

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Michael and Nelle are so fucking boring and such a waste of time. I wish Nelle was 10% as nefarious as Carly believes her to be, because then maybe she'd actually do something worth paying attention to.

Of course Jason gave Ava Sonny's phone number. Contacting his wife, his mother, or the police would be entirely out of the question, I guess. I would have been interested if Ava had actually contacted Sonny and used her helping Jason to curry favor with Sonny so she could get more time with Avery. That would provide true motivation for her assisting him, because currently her fascination seems unfounded.

I'd be behind both of those -- Nelle actually being as nefarious as Carly and Bobby were in their heyday, and Ava blackmailing Sonny to get the access to her child that she should be having.  This show handicaps it's storyltelling so much because the result of every story is Sonny/Carly.Jason winning.

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

He has all but admitted in front of her and other people, twice, that he did something nefarious to Ava - the only witness against him to Nik's murder - to get her away, and Nina has no reaction at all.

You wrong her -- I thought that she was going to physically fight Griffin herself because he'd been mean to poor Valentn.  I don't know how we're supposed to think that Valentin is the Big Bad Cassidine when he needs Nina to defend him.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I seriously need Nina to fall off the launch that runs between the mainland and the island. The character is a PITA and MS has made her Phyllis 2.0 IMO. 

She can be decapitated, only way to be sure she can't come back (insert obligatory and awesome Soapdish clip here).

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Good for your friends, @mostlylurking.  That's really putting the kids first. I've heard of a few other parents doing that arrangement but very few because the discomfort is on the parents then rather than putting it on the kids and the adults don't like that. 

It also means there are three households, and that can be a financial strain. 

54 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Nelle actually being as nefarious as Carly and Bobby were in their heyday, and Ava blackmailing Sonny to get the access to her child that she should be having. 

What I wouldn't give for a true villain. I don't get why the show is afraid that. The writers have no nerve. (For any character or story.)

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What I wouldn't give for a true villain. I don't get why the show is afraid that. The writers have no nerve. (For any character or story.)

I've said it before and I'll say it again - it is insane to me that there is not one scheming bad girl on this show.  Nelle meekly worried that people will think she's a golddigger while Michael meekly insists she's not and Carly and Sonny hypocritically scream that she is is NOT cutting it.

• Love 4

Just when I think there might actually be a remotely interesting "torn between two Jasons, feeling like a fool" story line coming up, they make it clear they will drrrraaaagggg this out until I have no fucks to give. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I seriously need Nina to fall off the launch that runs between the mainland and the island. The character is a PITA and MS has made her Phyllis 2.0 IMO. 

The Staff was her usual bombastic self today playing Phyllis 2.0 (pretending to Neener).  I did chuckle, however, at the dreadful dress she was wearing.  It obviously wasn't chosen by MS because it so was not her style.  

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, tricknasty said:

I don't read spoilers so is Billy Miller leaving? If not will there be a new quad with Andrew/Elizabeth/Jason/Sam? I'm confused...Fuck Nina, Sonny and Carly will always top my hate list.  Michael and Nelle top the boring list.

I doubt Elizabeth will be a part of Jason's return in a way that speaks to her past with SBu's character.  BH's role these days is to play 2nd fiddle to RoHo's Franco.  I don't like Friz even though I think BH and RoHo do work well off each other.  It's just too slanted writing to favor Franco.  SBu will play some part in a triangle with Miller's "Jason" for Sam's girly parts.  Blech.  

Edited by coffee drinker
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, coffee drinker said:

I don't like Friz even though I think BH and RoHo do work well off each other.  It's just too slanted writing to favor Franco. 

That's the thing.  It's not like the RHs don't have chemistry, but it just makes no narrative sense to me that these two characters are together.  Brain tumor or no, Liz wouldn't touch the man who kidnapped her newborn son, she just wouldn't, IMO.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Not to mention the way Franco went after Elizabeth. Trapping her in elevators, popping up in the backseat of her car, locking her in his studio. All of it was gross, creepy, and unacceptable. Yet those two are supposed to be a moving love story? The only thing moving is my gag reflex.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, coffee drinker said:

I did chuckle, however, at the dreadful dress she was wearing.  It obviously wasn't chosen by MS because it so was not her style.  

It looks like she stole it from my grandma's closet, circa 1970.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Also, maybe Carly herself is fairly hard to fool (she often imputes nefarious motives to people who don't have them), but Sonny? Pretty much all you need to do to take him in is find a good-looking brunette. How many times in the Guza/SB Jason years did we have some story where he kept waving away Jason's "instincts" or whatever and telling him there was not a problem? 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I CTFU at his Batman fighting skills..and I mean the Batman show from the tv show. All he needed were some animation on the screen saying, "BAM!" "POW!" and an announcer comes on, "and next time friends, what will happen with the pen? Will he break out?" Tune in next week on ...den nun nun den nun nun, 'JASON! (2.5..) 

I noticed they tried to be slick having Jason dressed up and story line similar to Bane in the Dark Knight Rises. (So creative!) 

I like Ava's nosy self - I don't know why she's so invested in knowing who this person is but maybe it gives her a distraction from her face problems. I mean she went from trying to hide herself to running around in and out of rooms asking people who they really.."Remember who you are Simba", Rememba.." (insert Jason in place of Simba or semblance).

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Thinbalina said:

I like Ava's nosy self - I don't know why she's so invested in knowing who this person is but maybe it gives her a distraction from her face problems.

It'd be funny if, before she started nosing around "Patient 6", we saw her getting bored in her room.  "I've already read this issue of People!".

• Love 5
18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
18 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I think it could be out of trusting and generous motives,

If he'd talked to Nelle about it first, yes. He could have said, "I know how much you love this apartment, so how about I buy it and you pay me rent?" He didn't do any of that. He presented it to her as a fait accompli. It's not about Michael doing whatever he wants with his money. It's that he's making unilateral decisions for an adult. That's controlling.

I still can't see Michael as controlling in this instance, because he agreed with her and did it her way once they discussed it. Controlling behavior would have been unmistakable if he wouldn't listen to her response and suggestions.  He is learning to listen and incorporate her wishes and ideas in their combined plans for the future. I see that as beautiful and encouraging.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, coffee drinker said:

I doubt Elizabeth will be a part of Jason's return in a way that speaks to her past with SBu's character.  BH's role these days is to play 2nd fiddle to RoHo's Franco.  I don't like Friz even though I think BH and RoHo do work well off each other.  It's just too slanted writing to favor Franco.  SBu will play some part in a triangle with Miller's "Jason" for Sam's girly parts.  Blech.  

That's clear as day.  Sam has been talking about how different Jason has been since he came back.  How they used to be "ride or die" and thrilling but now it is a safe albeit boring life where she thinks they will actually get to make a home and grow old together.  You know know there is going to be this "excellent" storyline about Sam choosing between the thrill of Jason and the stability of Jakeson.  And, of course, she will end up talking to Carly about it in some forced scene where they try to once again convince us that those two are friends.  Carly, naturally, will have great insight because both Jasons are now her bestest friend ever.  Sam will cry and snot all over the place a lot.  Both Jasons will talk to Sonny about their fear that Sam won't choose them. MB will stumble through his lines with both BM and SB clearly throwing him clues as to what he is supposed to say.  GH will send in the tape to the Emmys to recommend MB be nominated. Steve Burton will wonder why he decided to come back rather than star in some Hallmark Christmas movie.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

That's clear as day.  Sam has been talking about how different Jason has been since he came back.  How they used to be "ride or die" and thrilling but now it is a safe albeit boring life where she thinks they will actually get to make a home and grow old together.  You know know there is going to be this "excellent" storyline about Sam choosing between the thrill of Jason and the stability of Jakeson.  

Yes, just what I can't wait for: this lunatic (one minute waxing nostalgic about her ride-and-die past, the next crying about no more gun shots) to get to decide which ~Jason she wants.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Not to mention the way Franco went after Elizabeth. Trapping her in elevators, popping up in the backseat of her car, locking her in his studio. All of it was gross, creepy, and unacceptable. Yet those two are supposed to be a moving love story? The only thing moving is my gag reflex.

And recall that Liz accepted that first date to spite Ric, who had just finished 100% correctly dragging her off her high horse when he pointed out what she did the same thing to Jason that he did to her with Rebecca Budig.

• Love 1

Last time, on General Hospital....

(Bane!Jason/Baneson glowers and he holds the pen....)

Doctor (yelling at Ava): You fool! You stupid fool! Do you know what you have done?!?!

(Baneson glowers more, then takes the pen and starts writing. The doctor screams in agony....)

Doctor: AUUGHHHHH! He's doing it! He's rewriting the show! And it's all..... AUUUUUUUGH!

(Doctor fades out of existence, Ava removes her mask, and her face is back to normal.)

Ava: My face! My face is beautiful again! But how---

(As Baneson keeps writing, Ava notices a figure approach, and it's Connie Falconeri -- alive!)

Connie: I framed you for my death, and now, I will have my revenge!

(Connie is surrounded by members of the WSB and the PCPD, as Jordan and Robert arrest Connie.)

Jordan: All charges are dropped, Miss Jerome, as those of your brother.

(In walks in Julian and Alexis, arm and arm and in love, as Baneson keeps writing. Meanwhile, in Port Charles....)

Nelle (to Michael): I'm wondering.... I just had the feeling that you and I were romantically involved, and.... it can't be, Michael. You're my brother!

Michael: I.... I... I'm starting to feel anger to my father for killing AJ..... no, wait, AJ is my father, and I'm starting to feel angry at Sonny.

Joss (enters): I hate Sonny, too! I want him DEAD!

Kristina (enters): I want him dead too! He never paid attention to me because I'm just a daughter.

Michael: Let's go over and kill Sonn--- (Suddenly....)

AJ  (appears, alive): Michael! My son!

Michael: DAD! You're alive! (They embrace, meanwhile, at Sonny's Fortress of Moobstertude, Carly and Sonny witness a figure appearing in the living room. It is Lorenzo Alcalzar!)

Sonny: Alcazar, you FREAK! (Sonny pulls out a gun, but Alcazar breaks Sonny's fingers, snaps his wrist, and dislocates his arm. A general long and necessary beatdown by Alcazar on Sonny commences.)

(After the beatdown, Alcazar embraces Carly, who regenerates into Tamara Braun....)

Lorenzo: Darling!

Carly: Sweetheart!

Both: Snookums! (They embrace and kiss.....)

fade to commercial/PSA for St Jude's....

• Love 8