Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Wow, I'm so glad that Anna managed to annihilate the chimera in the blink of an eye and completely off camera. Sure, don't let us see anything exciting, just have her explain to Nathan that the problem's solved, no big deal. 

I feel sorry for Nina because this night has been like 200 hours long and she's still forced to shuffle around in that tight dress. I don't feel sorry for her when it comes to Valentin, because she's known he was shady from their very first meeting when he concealed his identity. It shouldn't be a surprise for her to learn he's capable of being involved with the chimera. 

My favorite thing about Dante is that he always approaches Sonny with an air of disdain. He seems so desperate to get away from Sonny as quickly as possible. He clearly wasn't swallowing Sonny's innocent act. Actually, my favorite thing about Dante is that he's walking around with Sonny's DNA and still manages to be a good man and a hardworking member of society. How'd that happen? 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Linny said:

Wow, I'm so glad that Anna managed to annihilate the chimera in the blink of an eye and completely off camera. Sure, don't let us see anything exciting, just have her explain to Nathan that the problem's solved, no big deal. 

And really laying the blame on Alex and painting Valentin as the victim, didn't love that.

• Love 4
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Linny said:

I don't feel sorry for her when it comes to Valentin, because she's known he was shady from their very first meeting when he concealed his identity.

He's a Cassadine and former WSB. That alone is enough to explain things. 

ETA: LOL that Sonny got all offended when Dante asked him if he'd pulled his gun on Ava. And since when is smashing a lamp on the floor "throwing [it] at Carly"?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

...we only just met Amy 2.0, and suddenly she's not only a high school classmate of Maxie and Dillon's, but she was bullied by Maxie and has a giant crush on Dillon, who himself has been in the background. It's...a lot for someone so new and of her level of character. 

Hmm well it's not a lot if the head writers or someone at Disney is related to the actress or if she has some kind of hold over TPTB. It's breathtaking and annoying how much screen time and opportunity she's being given all at once. We were force-fed to watch her sing, dance, and dialog in many scenes during the arc of the NB, at a time when the audience was probably swollen to see the outcome of several exciting plots such as the Carson and Ava confrontation and fire and the Chimera reveal. I'm actually nauseated at being manipulated like that. Without those stupid and pointless Nathan/Amy scenes, we could have had a real performance from Liesl Obrecht and possibly some eye-candy from the male dancers.

The Show is obviously testing the bizarre chemistry of Nathan and Amy too. I wonder if the Show is also trying to pressure the actress who plays Maxie to return from her personal leave--trying to intimidate her that her place and job are on the line if she doesn't come back ASAP. 

(edited)
27 minutes ago, Linny said:

My favorite thing about Dante is that he always approaches Sonny with an air of disdain. He seems so desperate to get away from Sonny as quickly as possible. He clearly wasn't swallowing Sonny's innocent act. Actually, my favorite thing about Dante is that he's walking around with Sonny's DNA and still manages to be a good man and a hardworking member of society. How'd that happen? 

Mostly not being around Sonny lol. As soon as he gets into Sonny's orbit the Sonnycitis starts taking over.

7 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

The Show is obviously testing the bizarre chemistry of Nathan and Amy too. I wonder if the Show is also trying to pressure the actress who plays Maxie to return from her personal leave--trying to intimidate her that her place and job are on the line if she doesn't come back ASAP. 

I don't think so at all. If anything, I think the opposite. They are the ones who want her to take as much time as she needs and she probably wants to get back as soon as possible. Honestly, I wonder if there wasn't a part of the writers that were relieved she needed to take a break, because it meant one less character to have to write for. Especially one that has a long history on the show.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Laura's woulda, coulda, shoulda with Valentin and the biotoxin was a bit much for me. If we're going to talk about things than happened long ago, if Luke had killed Helena the first time he'd had a chance, she wouldn't have been around to buy it. I mean, it's endless and pointless.

• Love 4

I don't want anyone to lose a job, but  I'd rather see Ava die than have to be subjected to three months of scenes of Sonny and Carly telling each other how right it was for them to leave a woman in a burning building, especially since when they were trying to leave Sonny said they had to turn back, which meant they had to go past the room they'd escaped from. I know it's only a soap, and I know Ava is not a pure snowflake, but two days of CarSon's self-righteousness has already managed to disgust me more than anything else this show has ever done. I may finally throw in the towel. 

re: the previews: The very idea that anyone would let Sonny into a burn ward to see Ava is both ridiculous and offensive. 

• Love 7
(edited)
58 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wow, I'm so glad that Anna managed to annihilate the chimera in the blink of an eye and completely off camera. Sure, don't let us see anything exciting, j

They can't let us see it actually happen because Jelly have the attention span of a potato so in 18 months when they run out of stupid ideas they'll resurrect the chimera and redo the story differently than what we just saw on our screens.  Maybe they'll even make a mess of the great Anna Devane and say that she didn't destroy it but resold it to Jerry Jacks.  Then they'll crow about how wonderful a story it is on Twitter.  

I have to give credit where credit is due.  I though Laura Wright did a good job today.  I mean, I hate 95% of what Carly says, and no exception today with the Ava is evil, were as clean as the drive snow, but darned if Laura didn't get me, right at the end when Carly says she thought knowing the truth about Morgan's death she thought would lessen the grief.  

I thought MSt, despite my dislike of her and her tics, also did a good job in the Lulu/Laura scenes when she realizes they're telling the truth and it's not Anna's fault but all on Valentin's shoulders.  And I loved the Anna/Valentin scene at the end, mostly becuase I gasped when she told him he'd be tried for treason.  Are we losing JPS or will Valentin find a way out of this mess?  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 2

they never should have killed off morgan. they should have send him off to school or maybe a long term mental health clinic.

sonny and carly talk a bout him over and over. where are the consequences for them leaving ava to burn? 

is valentin leavingthe show? anna said he was being charged.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Perkie said:

They can't let us see it actually happen because Jelly have the attention span of a potato so in 18 months when they run out of stupid ideas they'll resurrect the chimera and redo the story differently than what we just saw on our screens.  Maybe they'll even make a mess of the great Anna Devane and say that she didn't destroy it but resold it to Jerry Jacks.  Then they'll crow about how wonderful a story it is on Twitter.  

I have to give credit where credit is due.  I though Laura Wright did a good job today.  I thought MSt, despite my dislike of her and her tics, also did a good job in the Lulu/Laura scenes when she realizes they're telling the truth and it's not Anna's fault but all on Valentin's shoulders.  And I loved the Anna/Valentin scene at the end, mostly becuase I gasped when she told him he'd be tried for treason.  Are we losing JPS or will Valentin find a way out of this mess?  

I'm convinced Valentin will find his way out of this mess.  Not sure how, but I think he will. 

Good call on the performances by LW and MSt.   When the latter dials it down, she can act. 

• Love 1
(edited)

What amused me about the pcpd scenes is everytime Carly and Sonny explained something, Dante would basically reply, oh wow she's terrible. But . . .  it still seems like you killed her?

I guess Carly didn't know this, but Andre suggested to Morgan that they re-evaluate what he was taking and Morgan refused, so this grand plan Carly was envisioning probably would not have worked out that way.

What Ava did was terrible, but them acting like Morgan would have been the next governor if it weren't for Ava is hilarious.

Finola and Na - dammit, Ryan Paevey still have chemistry. I know FH wanted out of the pcpd but if they let them have a win once in a blue moon, on screen, she'd probably be fine with it.

Nina looked pretty today.

Were Laura and Lulu at the house the whole time? I could have sworn they were at the hospital and I was thinking, okay, did someone call Robin NOW?

Curtis' ex just happened to be there. Dumb.

I'm glad Alexis is a lawyer again. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

What amused me about the pcpd scenes is everytime Carly and Sonny explained something, Dante would basically reply, oh wow she's terrible. But . . .  it still seems like you killed her?

I guess Carly didn't know this, but Andre suggested to Morgan that they re-evaluate what he was taking and Morgan refused, so this grand plan Carly was envisioning probably would not have worked out that way.

What Ava did was terrible, but them acting like Morgan would have been the next governor if it weren't for Ava is hilarious.

Dante's gentle refusal to let Sonny and Carly off the hook was a joy to watch.

And yeah, the attitude that Morgan was some perfect child is ridiculous. It would be so much better if Sonny and Carly would mourn Morgan not being able to change the path he'd been on. That once he'd been diagnosed, he truly did have a chance to achieve something meaningful, but now he doesn't. That's much more poignant than the crap we're seeing.

4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

okay, did someone call Robin NOW?

Omg, Robin doesn't give an f.

Her kid came close to being exposed to a deadly biotoxin. She should give a fuck about that, at least.

• Love 2
(edited)
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Were Laura and Lulu at the house the whole time? I could have sworn they were at the hospital and I was thinking, okay, did someone call Robin NOW?

They were never at the hospital.  Anna asked if they could keep Emma for the night, because she had things to do, so I think we're supposed to believe that Emma is staying with her.  which begs the question of where Robin is supposed to be.  If they hadn't made such a big deal on the first day to say that she was at home with Mac, I would believe that she dropped off Emma then headed back home on doctor's orders.  

16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Curtis' ex just happened to be there. Dumb.

And pointless.  Was it just so he could declare that he doesn't want to mess things up with Jordan?  Or is she now going to want him back and that will be the new stick in the Cordan wheel.

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 2

I loved BH's acting in the scene(s) of Elizabeth talking Jake into turning off the chimera canister. That's the best writing IMO she's had since JJ's Lucky brought original Jake home from the Cassadine compound after the years of 'Jake is dead.'  She was focused on her child and their connection - not caring about Jason, Franco, or any other man's ego or feelings. That so rarely happens for Liz.  Her line "It's a mom thing" (so great) could easily have been said to both Franco and Jason, since neither one seems to get that he is not the center of the universe.  

• Love 11
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She was focused on her child and their connection - not caring about Jason, Franco, or any other man's ego or feelings. That so rarely happens for Liz. 

This comment reminded me of a recent Liz moment I really loved - it was at Christmas and Liz gave Jake his stocking and told him that, while he was gone, she used to put a present into it every year.  It was just a nice breather that cleared away all the clutter and focused on a mother and a child.

That said, it's more than time to shuffle Jake to the back of the deck and dig out Chad and Andy.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

Did they ever explain who the hell those guys were that held Nina and Jason hostage and shot Valentin?

Also, last I heard the WSB was an international organization, so charging Valentin for treason doesn't really make sense.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, rur said:

re: the previews: The very idea that anyone would let Sonny into a burn ward to see Ava is both ridiculous and offensive. 

Someone on Twitter suggested that it might be a dream. Those previews have been known to fake us out before.

Today was disgusting. To see Carson act like helpless little victims was nauseating. I don't know how I'm going to put up with it. No wonder I quit watching before. Fuck both of them. And Carly already planning to off her if she survives.

I keep wondering why I don't have much of a reaction to Anna/Valentin and the whole thing. I then realized I have only been watching the story for a little over a week. When Anna was explaining it to Jordan, she was right. It did sound embarrassing.

That woman that Curtis ran into at the hotel room door looks exactly like a woman I work with. I did a double take because I thought it was her.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

That said, it's more than time to shuffle Jake to the back of the deck and dig out Chad and Andy.

Which makes me wonder, now that everything's peachy again, will we see Jake with Custer and Armstrong?

19 minutes ago, lolziceprincess said:

Did they ever explain who the hell those guys were that held Nina and Jason hostage and shot Valentin?

Johnny's guys gone rogue?

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, lolziceprincess said:

No explanation given, but I'm pretty sure they're Helena's flunkies, probably ordered to release the biotoxin from the Chimera if Jake didn't go through with it.  Likely backup minions in case Jake failed.

So Kiki dissolves into hysterical tears when she hears about Morgan, but she can't squeeze out a tear for Ava when told that she has second and third degree burns over fifty percent of her body?

Previews, why did you have to remind me about Hayden's bundle of joy?  I had forgotten all about it.

Everyone else got to change their clothes, why can't Neenah?  That dress was nice a week ago, but now the illusion panels in the back just look like an ace bandage. 

Doesn't Valentin get a trial?  Wouldn't there have been an arrest warrant out on him from back in the day?  Yet he gets to live his life all these years and the WSB doesn't care? 

I wanted Dillon to take the thermos of coffee past Jake's room and watch him freak out.  I'm so mean.

• Love 3

I couldn't understand why they ha Dillon bring Kiki the coffee in a thermos that looked so much like the Chimera thermos.  It was so weird to call back to that.  Also, don't they know that there are staff lounges with better coffee?  Nurses don't get their coffee from the vending machines.

I can't stand Carly and Sonny.  Instead of being all indignant that Ava wanted to put Morgan in hospital again to keep him away from Kiki, why aren't they asking why she's so desperate to keep him away from her daughter?  Because narcissim, thy name is Sonny.

I really like Genie Francis' colour of blonde.  EM's on the other hand, always reminds me that it comes out of a bottle.

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:05 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I'm glad Robin and Emma caught on to Alex (I can't remember, did Robin meet Alex during her brief AMC pop-in?) and Anna showing up at the end was some decent soap.  Hopefully they'll actually explain why Alex is acting like this tomorrow.

Oh goody, Dr. Michael Easton whining to his lady love about his demons, I certainly didn't get enough of that from John McBain. #eyeroll

Nice to see Laura, even if she's still not getting any real story.

they had a week on AMC when Robin showed up at the door to find out her mother wasn't dead. It was terrific. She met her aunt Alex and the show answered questions Not like this one. I noly watched this part, but I didn't think Alex was bad, Alex and Anna were close.?For Robin and Anna fans it was great tio watch. bet you tube has it.if you care.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Linny said:

I feel sorry for Nina because this night has been like 200 hours long and she's still forced to shuffle around in that tight dress. I don't feel sorry for her when it comes to Valentin, because she's known he was shady from their very first meeting when he concealed his identity. It shouldn't be a surprise for her to learn he's capable of being involved with the chimera. 

Nothing good about Dante. He testified and browbeat his mother to do the same thing,when Sonny shot him, and was preparing to put another bullet in him when Olivia walked in and told him Dante is your son..he ignored the fact that scummy also walked around with the braclet un done. Nothing about Dante says anything but Dirty cop. He said he was cleaning his gun,and shot himself ???Incompatent also. A cop who shoots himself. ? He definately has Sonnys genes.

• Love 1

So I'm not saying anything everyone else hasn't, but I didn't think the chirpy little dude playing Jake had it in him to pull off those scenes the other day and he impressed me. He had real tears in his eyes and was freaking out. Props, he can stay. Pity it got undercut by the cutaways to Constance Towers going SELL, SELL, SELL!!! to the QVC shopping network cameras. I also think Becky Herbst is owed a great debt, I think she does a lot to get those kids there.

• Love 8
(edited)

I really like Genie Francis' colour of blonde.  EM's on the other hand, always reminds me that it comes out of a bottle.

GF's son was killed last summer and all we heard about in the recent past couple of months was about the son of a 'good' mobster who got blown up by a 'bad'  mobster.  What a waste of GF, but she at least she has managed to be a positive influence on EM's acting choices.  Then again, FH was owed a story that didn't involve Duke. 

Curtis' ex just happened to be there. Dumb

I'd have to say that the delay in notifying the police commissioner about the thermos is up there too but I don't mind appreciating the results of Curtis's workout regimen.

Edited by sunnyface
sonny
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

GF's son was killed last summer and all we heard about in the recent past couple of month's was about the son of a 'good' mobster who got blown up by a 'bad'  mobster.  What a waste of GF.

The show is absolutely wasting Genie Francis/Laura, but I don't need to see a lot of wailing about Nikolas because he would get a similar whitewash that Morgan has.  Nikolas...kinda sucked, at least when he "died" (c'mon, those quotation marks belong there).

Can't she and Kevin get some kind of story outside of Laura's children and grandchildren?  Maybe something at (GASP!) the hospital where her position on the board and Kevin's position on staff come into conflict?  Please?!?!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Today was disgusting. To see Carson act like helpless little victims was nauseating. I don't know how I'm going to put up with it. No wonder I quit watching before. Fuck both of them. And Carly already planning to off her if she survives.

I fast forward Sonny and/or Carly related scenes on most days and with this story I absolutely have to or I'd lose my mind.

When they showed Julian in the preview I was like, "Oh, I forgot about Julian." I literally forgot about him until that moment lol!

Do Sonny and Carly think Ava's going to be charged with Morgan's murder?  Because pretty sure that's never going to happen if we weren't dealing with  the PC legal universe.  Bad enough Dante--Sonny's SON--is the interrogating officer.  

I'm just so sick and tired of everyone who so much as jaywalks in PC is bad and evil and must pay for their crimes, while Sonny--and to a lesser extent Carly--skip thru fields of flowers acting innocent and judging people.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I fast forward Sonny and/or Carly related scenes on most days and with this story I absolutely have to or I'd lose my mind.

When they showed Julian in the preview I was like, "Oh, I forgot about Julian." I literally forgot about him until that moment lol!

I forgot about most of the people in the preview. "Rebecca Budig and Michael Easton and his Snow White cut! Michael and Laura Ingalls Wilder! Alexis! Julian!"

• Love 3

I'd forgotten she was in the hospital until they showed her. Unless there's some new drug for people with one kidney the show wants to push, I'm sure she'll be discharged with the usual lack of followthrough.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The show is absolutely wasting Genie Francis/Laura, but I don't need to see a lot of wailing about Nikolas because he would get a similar whitewash that Morgan has.  Nikolas...kinda sucked, at least when he "died" (c'mon, those quotation marks belong there).

Can't she and Kevin get some kind of story outside of Laura's children and grandchildren?  Maybe something at (GASP!) the hospital where her position on the board and Kevin's position on staff come into conflict?  Please?!?!

I thought that is where they were going when Laura got the position on the board! Kevin had the split-second look of realization that she would technically be his boss now before he shifted to supportive boyfriend mode. And then Lucy showed up and interjected herself into their scenes and...

Silly me. That would be a semi-realistic story starring three veteran actors. Can't have that when we have to feature Friz and Nelle and Valentin!

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Do Sonny and Carly think Ava's going to be charged with Morgan's murder?  Because pretty sure that's never going to happen if we weren't dealing with  the PC legal universe.  Bad enough Dante--Sonny's SON--is the interrogating officer.  

I'm just so sick and tired of everyone who so much as jaywalks in PC is bad and evil and must pay for their crimes, while Sonny--and to a lesser extent Carly--skip thru fields of flowers acting innocent and judging people.

Although I kinda liked Dante almost acting like Sonny and Carly might actually be in some sort of trouble, I know nothing will ever happen to the shiniest most upstanding citizens in Port Charles. As you said,in what world would a son be interrogating his father, I mean aside from the stupidest fictional town in the history of ever. Their holier-than-thou act is getting old. Also, Ava threw the damn lamp on the floor, we all saw it happen, she did not throw it at Carly no matter how many times Carson says otherwise.

I get that Ava did a bad bad thing switching the pills, it just pisses me off that everyone (Sonny, Carly, writers) conveniently forgets Morgan did the same to Michael, never mind all the shit Carly did to AJ (#neverforget). There's not enough room to talk about Sonny's disgusting behavior over the years.

Are we all supposed to forget the blowing up of Morgan started because Sonny put a hit out on Julian? I don't care how much I hate a character, if it's them against Sonny, I'm automatically on their side, that's how much I hate that slimy tiny weasel. I guess Carly is no longer pissed Sonny slept with NotBrenda #863, and the Jax deportation thing is now a long distant memory. Don't let us down Joss, you're our only hope.

I find it funny that when I go to the Forums page, General Hospital is no longer listed on the main page, at least on my computer.  I also discovered I have a pause button on my remote so I can now watch GH after it's over and fast forward through all things Sonny. It's the little things in life that make me happy.

3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Although I kinda liked Dante almost acting like Sonny and Carly might actually be in some sort of trouble, I know nothing will ever happen to the shiniest most upstanding citizens in Port Charles. As you said,in what world would a son be interrogating his father, I mean aside from the stupidest fictional town in the history of ever. Their holier-than-thou act is getting old. Also, Ava threw the damn lamp on the floor, we all saw it happen, she did not throw it at Carly no matter how many times Carson says otherwise.

I get that Ava did a bad bad thing switching the pills, it just pisses me off that everyone (Sonny, Carly, writers) conveniently forgets Morgan did the same to Michael, never mind all the shit Carly did to AJ (#neverforget). There's not enough room to talk about Sonny's disgusting behavior over the years.

Are we all supposed to forget the blowing up of Morgan started because Sonny put a hit out on Julian? I don't care how much I hate a character, if it's them against Sonny, I'm automatically on their side, that's how much I hate that slimy tiny weasel. I guess Carly is no longer pissed Sonny slept with NotBrenda #863, and the Jax deportation thing is now a long distant memory. Don't let us down Joss, you're our only hope.

I find it funny that when I go to the Forums page, General Hospital is no longer listed on the main page, at least on my computer.  I also discovered I have a pause button on my remote so I can now watch GH after it's over and fast forward through all things Sonny. It's the little things in life that make me happy.

ETA: I don't know why it keeps making my posts double.

Edited by tveyeonyou
Double Sonny
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

Ava threw the damn lamp on the floor, we all saw it happen, she did not throw it at Carly no matter how many times Carson says otherwise.

I'm sure in Sonny and Carly's world, Ava should be charged with felonious lamp throwing.  And, yeah, throwing it on the floor 15 feet away from Carly is totally the same as throwing it AT Carly.  In Sonny's world.  

I'm worried Sonny will fund an equine illness clinic after Joss's horse gets sick and she'll become his biggest fan.  

• Love 5
(edited)

This is the same man who told Ava the only reason he wasn't going to kill her immediately was that she was pregnant with his (or his son's) child. What a hero.

Edited by dubbel zout
parallel verbs
  • Love 18

The fuck with Sonny snarling that Dante should squeeze Scotty for information about Ava.  Scotty's her lawyer.  Would Sonny like Diane being squeezed for details on his many crimes?  The hypocrisy, I hate it sooo much.

This baby storyline with Rebecca Budig and Dr. Michael Easton is sooo boring (though I assume tragedy is heading their way given how happy they are).  But they at least have a flicker of chemistry, unlike Michael and Nelle.  It's okay to just admit a pairing doesn't work, Show.

• Love 8

Why? Why are Dante and Michael even acting stunned/surprised at Sonny's sucky baby routine? Why are they remotely SHOCKED that Sonny doesn't give a shit about anything but his own hurt feelings? Why do these two losers bother showing up? They know EXACTLY who Sonny is and how he thinks and yet again and again, they seem taken aback at Sonny's "I don't CARE" attitude.  That's Sonny's fucking life mantra! Good or bad!  Listening to Corinthos stock whine and grouse and tantrum about EVUL Ava while studiously avoiding anything that remotely hints at Sonny's own ugliness is just bullshit.  It's just so TIRED. It was tired a decade ago.  MB is DONE. Sonny is more than DONE. Let the character GO.

• Love 20
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Vella said:

Sonny's "I don't CARE" attitude. 

Speaking of which, look who popped up in the previews sporting the same "like father, like daughter" attitude.  Fuck off, Kristina.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The fuck with Sonny snarling that Dante should squeeze Scotty for information about Ava.  Scotty's her lawyer.  Would Sonny like Diane being squeezed for details on his many crimes?  The hypocrisy, I hate it sooo much.

This baby storyline with Rebecca Budig and Dr. Michael Easton is sooo boring (though I assume tragedy is heading their way given how happy they are).  But they at least have a flicker of chemistry, unlike Michael and Nelle.  It's okay to just admit a pairing doesn't work, Show.

These writers need to be reminded of this quote I saw earlier today:  

"Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it."

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of which, look who popped up in the previews sporting the same "like father, like daughter" attitude.  Fuck off, Kristina.

Awesome.  PRBF (Permanent Resting Bitch Face) will probably offer to pull Ava's plug for Sonny--since, you know, just being his 'yes' kid hasn't elevated her above her #5 standing of Sonny's kids. 

• Love 4

"Your head is the last place I want to be right now! Unfortunately it's sitting there, right across from me, being incredibly stupid." That's it, that's my new motto for my relationship with this show. And it sure was applicable today.

I hope that the next time Sonny's hurt and in the hospital that the relatives of his victims, starting with Monica, line up to show him the same compassion he's showing Ava. No matter what Ava did to Morgan, she is still Avery's mother, and Sonny's pleasure at her being burned alive is sickening. It's so disgusting that we've seen Sonny commit countless terrible crimes, including ones that directly hurt his own family, and yet it's Ava's sins that everyone sees as unforgivable. Fuck this show for giving this heartless monster the moral authority and demonizing all the other characters in order to prop his sorry ass.

• Love 23
(edited)
35 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Your romantic lead, ladies and gentleman....the man who doesn't care if his youngest daughter's mother lives or dies!

Wouldn't we all be crying bullshit though if Sonny was compassionate towards Ava? I wouldn't expect most people to be compassionate towards Ava if she did to their kid what she did to Morgan, let alone Sonny.

And to be fair, I don't know if Sonny is supposed to be the show's romantic lead. I don't know if the show has a romantic lead. Of course, him being a lead at this point is still a problem.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8
(edited)

I appreciated Bobbie's gentleness when telling Lauren and Dillon about Ava's injuries.

LOL at Finn's "You look pretty" to Rebecca Budig. ME's various characters have used that line a lot, and it never sounds sincere.

I think Nelle looks better now than she ever has.

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Wouldn't we all be crying bullshit though if Sonny was compassionate towards Ava? I wouldn't expect most people to be compassionate towards Ava if they were in Sonny's shoes, let alone Sonny.

He doesn't have to be so self-satisfied that she's suffering.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The problem is two-fold (for Frank Valentini): He wants to have his discovery Nelle on the show. If he splits the bobbsey twins up, he'll have to find two more people to be their love interests.

They should try Michael and Hayden, that could have potential. Nelle can sleep with Jax, just to give Carly something extra to rage about.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And to be fair, I don't know if Sonny is supposed to be the show's romantic lead.

I definitely think the Brenda!Bot arc was about showing that Sonny's still got it, that he could go out and get laid any night of the week.

• Love 10