Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On 5/18/2017 at 9:55 PM, Nalan said:

I'm sick of the kids and the stories revolving around them and I don't even watch the show. This Charlotte and Jake mess have been going on for months and all it have done is made me resent Charlotte and Jake and their creators. 

• Love 3

Cam is too old to have been Spencer's competition. That should be Jake. 

Eh, it's sort of an either/or.  Cam was born in the summer of 2004.  Spencer in early 2006, and Jake in May 2007.   The problem, as always, is the way they SORAS some (Joss, for example) and not others.  It mucks up the whole mix.  

I know everyone has a big problem with Cam not being aged up (though if it's the same kid actor playing him, as it has been the past few years, he is aging.  Unless the kid actor is a robot...), but Charlotte is my big annoyance.  She should be 3, tops, if going by what we saw on screen.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I know everyone has a big problem with Cam not being aged up (though if it's the same kid actor playing him, as it has been the past few years, he is aging.  Unless the kid actor is a robot...), but Charlotte is my big annoyance.  She should be 3, tops, if going by what we saw on screen.

Oh, 100% agree, Charlotte's age bugs the hell out of me.  There's no way she could be from an egg Stavros stole when Lulu was in the freezer AND be old enough that Claudette could have convinced Nathan and Griffin she could be theirs.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

And it wasn't like the two ages for those specific time frames were close enough to be interchangeable, like six and eight or seven and nine. Lulu's egg Embryo should be three at most and Griffin/Nathan's child has to be no younger than ten. There is a huge difference in the size of a child of three versus ten.

• Love 6

Just re-watched the red carpet and really looked at the gowns....

Hits:  Anna, Ava, Piph, Amy, Bobbie, Felicia (who?), Liz, Jordan, all the younger girls.

Near misses:  Sam (wrong color even tho it was nice to see her in something besides black/white) but the jewelry needed more oomph.  Carly--loved the dress and the necklace but again it needed bolder earrings and necklace.  Nina--I'm still on the fence.

Just no:  whatever the hell Lucy was wearing.  Bodice and skirt didn't even come close to matching.

The nurses number was cringeworthy....and that damn song is back again.

Grrrrrr......

I thought Sonny was going to escape any hijinks, poisoning, and explosions at the NB because he was moping at home. Likewise, Monica and Mac, Laura and Kevin. But now he's cleaned up and at the Ball. So he can save everybody from the Chimera, I suppose.

• Love 1

I can't believe the wrap-up of the Anna/Alex story is Anna going around and being all, "Yeah, that time I was acting weird?  It was actually my twin.  So we're cool, right?".  Ugh.  On a real soap opera, Anna would have burst into the Nurses' Ball to beat Alex's ass while everyone gasped in shock (never mind that a real soap opera wouldn't have rewritten Alex's history so horribly).  Didn't mind her calling off-screen Robert, though.

I know I should just shut my brain off when it comes to this kinda stuff, but...why was Emma in that number with Valerie/Amy 2.0/Kristina?  She doesn't really know them, she's not their peer, they're not related in any way, and she lives in a different city.  Speaking of Amy 2.0 and Kristina, at no point did we see these alleged roommates and besties speak to each other, right?

Carly blathering to Joss about how important the Nurses' Ball is to Sonny.  Meanwhile, he was planning to stay home and sulk, he only showed up because he wants to kill Ava.

Lucy's relative coolness to Valentin given he shot her beloved Doc gave me some feels.  Speaking of whom, James Patrick Stuart acquitted himself okay with the Billy Joel.

I screamed when Nelle woke up calling for Michael.  Not literally, but like, my soul.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, OhioSongbird said:

Just re-watched the red carpet and really looked at the gowns....

Hits:  Anna, Ava, Piph, Amy, Bobbie, Felicia (who?), Liz, Jordan, all the younger girls.

Near misses:  Sam (wrong color even tho it was nice to see her in something besides black/white) but the jewelry needed more oomph.  Carly--loved the dress and the necklace but again it needed bolder earrings and necklace.  Nina--I'm still on the fence.

Just no:  whatever the hell Lucy was wearing.  Bodice and skirt didn't even come close to matching.

The nurses number was cringeworthy....and that damn song is back again.

Grrrrrr......

Yellow is KeMo's best color IMO, so I think the color works for her but the dress should have been different. 

I don't care about anyone else's dress to comment. 

• Love 1

Emma's adorable, but I was slightly bothered by the huge grin she had pasted on her face for every second of "Brave." It also seemed odd that she was performing with three women more than twice her age. The choreography was cheesy and the outfits were yikes.

How convenient that Valentin was prepared for an impromptu Billy Joel cover in order to impress Nina. He actually sounded really nice and put a lot of emotion into it, so I enjoyed it.

"What's going on? Are you guys talking about me?" That's literally all they do, Jake, you should be used to it. 

The fun and momentum of the ball was killed every time they cut to Nelle in the hospital. Michael and Nelle sitting together in silence is the perfect summation of their relationship: it's boring, listless, and undeserving of any attention. Nobody cares.

• Love 11

The girl who plays Joss did a good job.  Don't know what the song was (I'm old) but it was nice.  Speaking of old, I was a big fan of Chad and Jeremy back in the 60s, so hearing the son of one of them (can never remember which one!) sing Billy Joel was the highlight for me.  I guess some of Dad's talent rubbed off.

I still don't know why Amy the nurse exists.  That tutu thing looked silly on her, but she does have a good voice.  And what happened to her (stalking? crush?) on Dillon?  It's never come up again, and now she seems to be fixated on Nathan.  I'm confused.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yes to Joss's song. The girl can sing.  A big problem with the Nurses Ball lately is that they want the show's characters up there performing but most of that should leave it to their showers.

Oh Sonny. And Andre.  Every drug has inert substances in it. That's what binds the pill together.

30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I screamed when Nelle woke up calling for Michael.  Not literally, but like, my soul.

But, but, the words were what woke her up!

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

Sticking this here too cause it pertains to Lulu's dress:

https://mobile.twitter.com/EmmeRylan/status/867227141624279042

Love her for having a sense of humor about it. One of the Twitter comments compared the dress to what Mother Ginger wears in The Nutcracker ballet, when all those kids come out. Hee.

17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I know I should just shut my brain off when it comes to this kinda stuff, but...why was Emma in that number with Valerie/Amy 2.0/Kristina? 

Why was Valerie there, for that matter? The entire quartet was random.

6 minutes ago, Linny said:

How convenient that Valentin was prepared for an impromptu Billy Joel cover

Damn it! I really wanted him to sing "Desperado."

Sonny was such a giant asshole about Ava's donation in Morgan's name. I get his annoyance about using Morgan, but for someone who used founding the Stone Cates AIDS Wing to whitewash his reputation in the first place, he has no place to talk. 

• Love 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why was Valerie there, for that matter? The entire quartet was random.

I mean, I guess if you wanted to fanwank it, you'd say that Valerie and Amy 2.0 performed together last year with Maxie and Lulu and decided to do another number together this year.  And I guess now Amy 2.0 and Kristina are roommates so that's how she got looped in.  But of course, none of this discussion or negotiation happened on-screen.

I really just wish the show would put a little effort into having these performances groupings make some narrative sense.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I really just wish the show would put a little effort into having these performances groupings make some narrative sense.

I know. A quick few lines would have done it. Lucy asks Amy 2.0 who she got to perform with her, Amy tells her. Done and done. But no, we have to watch Sonny stare at an empty pill bottle.

The Burt's Bees lipstick plug wasn't awful. Blatant, but not awful.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8
(edited)

Exactly.  Joss makes mention of coming from rehearsal before her next stint as a Sonny/Carly talk-to.  It's easy enough to do.  It doesn't need to be front and center, but it should percolate in the background.

Speaking of performing/not performing, I assume Dr. O is going to set fire to the ballroom tomorrow since she got bumped?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
(edited)

Overall, I've enjoyed the musical numbers. I liked the opening yesterday with the nurses in the  hospital then entering the ballroom. It was the kind of number you really could expect to see at a charity event for a hospital, and it was done pretty well. And, if they had to do the  Not Alone, number, at least they made up an upbeat version. (I'll go sit in the corner now.)  "Brave" wasn't bad, except for the randomness of Emma, who just got into town a few hours before, being ready to do a choreographed number with what I assume are now 3 roomies. Props to Joss and Valentine -- both have pleasant voices. 

I've also thought about other NBs from the "golden era" and remembered that for every good or memorable performance there was also one (or more) that were pretty awful.I still fondly remember the chorus line as a finale to  "One",  and the pleasant realization that Emily (Amber Tamblyn) was doing a kind of dopey dance with her dad, Russ, but, personally, Robin and Stone as Romeo and Juliet still causes me second-hand embarrassment, just remembering it. 

. . . then, there's Sonny. The whole pill-dust-in-the-bottom-of-the-bottle stuff is just stupid. And he seems to have upped his ratio of acting tics to words recited lately, enough so that I'm watching his mannerisms, not the scene. Also, I'm surprised Sonny would know a three-syllable word like placebo. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, I guess if you wanted to fanwank it, you'd say that Valerie and Amy 2.0 performed together last year with Maxie and Lulu and decided to do another number together this year.  And I guess now Amy 2.0 and Kristina are roommates so that's how she got looped in.  But of course, none of this discussion or negotiation happened on-screen.

Yes, one could fanwank reasons for the grouping in the "Brave" number.  However, showing HOW these four got together for this act is one of the things which could help give this show the sense of community that is sorely lacking.  

But how can one give these four characters (and others) these desirable, even needed, beats when we have to talk about a pill bottle for weeks? 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

FFS, Valentin. Anna will leave you alone if you tell her about the stupid chimera. 

THIS.   He's been asked eleventy times who he sold it to.  Just tell her already.  

15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes to Joss's song. The girl can sing.

Does anyone know the name of the song?   Or the name of the song Valentin sang?

Love the song Brave, so I sat through the whole thing.  I'm assuming the girls were lip sinching to their own voices.  If that's the case Emma and Amy have pretty decent voices.  But I did wonder how these four ended up together:  a nurse, a police officer, a waitress, and a super sleuth!!

Again, I refuse to believe that the pill bottle, which has seen 3 different pills, would have enough specific residue to be tested, that would identify it as a placebo.  

• Love 3

I think that Emma was in the "Brave" number partly because the movie was a kids movie (she was pretending to shoot an arrow a couple of times) which was stupid because it has no connection to the movie and partly because the choreography looked like the older women were encouraging the young girl to be brave.

I liked Nina's dress better before I saw the flesh-coloured elastic bodysuit kept it on.

Morgan's drugs were half of his optimal dosage but there was still 300 mg of lithium there.  Sonny shouldn't be on his high horse like that.

Oh, Valentin, how you missed out on the Cassadine brains.  Did you really think that just because Helena is dead, everything is safe?  Just tell Anna, FFS.

Why didn't Lucy just add Valentin to the list instead of bumping Olbrecht?  One act more isn't going to make a difference.  He did do a good job though

• Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Morgan's drugs were half of his optimal dosage but there was still 300 mg of lithium there.  Sonny shouldn't be on his high horse like that.

Morgan's original prescription was 600 mg of lithium.  Ava replaced them with placebos.  Then when she was worried that Lucy would spill the beans to Sonny, she had Scotty fix it.  Scotty replaced the placebos with lithium but got the dosage wrong, 300 mg.  When Andre tested the pills, he saw they were 300 instead of 600 so he checked with the pharmacist who claimed he gave 600.  Now the residue that Sonny supposedly found was the residue of the placebo that Ava had.  

Morgan wasn't taking 300mg at the end, he was taking Ava's placebo

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Oh, Valentin, how you missed out on the Cassadine brains.  Did you really think that just because Helena is dead, everything is safe?  Just tell Anna, FFS.

And again, Helena bought this super dangerous chemical weapon from him and just...kept it for a rainy day?

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Perkie said:

THIS.   He's been asked eleventy times who he sold it to.  Just tell her already.  

Does anyone know the name of the song?   Or the name of the song Valentin sang?

Love the song Brave, so I sat through the whole thing.  I'm assuming the girls were lip sinching to their own voices.  If that's the case Emma and Amy have pretty decent voices.  But I did wonder how these four ended up together:  a nurse, a police officer, a waitress, and a super sleuth!!

Again, I refuse to believe that the pill bottle, which has seen 3 different pills, would have enough specific residue to be tested, that would identify it as a placebo.  

Valentin's song was "And So It Goes" by Billy Joel.  Don't know the name of Joss' song.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

and just...kept it for a rainy day?

Twenty years later. 

2 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Valentin's song was "And So It Goes" by Billy Joel.

Thank you!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Perkie said:

Twenty years later. 

Thank you!

I aim to please ? :)   It really is a lovely song.  I thought 'Valentin' sang it beautifully - and played the piano!

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And again, Helena bought this super dangerous chemical weapon from him and just...kept it for a rainy day?

They'll probably hand wave it by saying she died before she could deploy it.

Or not:

5 minutes ago, Perkie said:
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

and just...kept it for a rainy day?

Twenty years later. 

He ostensibly knew it was Helena he was selling to, right? 

Never mind. It's not worth trying to make sense of.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

They'll probably hand wave it by saying she died before she could deploy it.

But wouldn't she have bought it from him in, like, the '80s?

That aside, she set up this scheme with her henchmen to have Jake deploy it at the Nurses' Ball...why?  Nobody she hates is even in the room, like Luke or Alexis!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But wouldn't she have bought it from him in, like, the '80s?

Maybe the 90s.  But he knew what Helena was capable of, he's the one who poisoned her.

I was trying to find some history on Valentin because I missed his arrival. Apparently he is known for being the most evil of the Cassadine sons.  Haha.

31 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Morgan wasn't taking 300mg at the end, he was taking Ava's placebo

That's what I thought.  But Sonny thinks he was taking 300 mg. None of this makes logical sense.

19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He ostensibly knew it was Helena he was selling to, right? 

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe the 90s.  But he knew what Helena was capable of, he's the one who poisoned her.

Why was he calling her "Helena Cassadine" today? Considering he's part of the family, and he knows that Anna knows everyone in the family, why didn't he just say "Helena"? Calling her by both names made it sound as if she were some stranger instead of a longtime antagonist.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The Burt's Bees lipstick plug wasn't awful. Blatant, but not awful.

I agree. And I'm not ashamed to say that I am totally gonna go buy a Burt's Bees lipstick tomorrow. OK no I am ashamed, but I'm still gonna do it.

I thought Kristina and Valerie sounded horrible in the Brave number. And they danced terribly, too. Amy and Emma weren't much better.

I wasn't a fan of Joss' voice.

The Michael/Nelle scenes were so bad. I mean they weren't even doing anything and their anti-chem still radiated through the screen.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But Sonny thinks he was taking 300 mg.

Because Andre had the pills tested and the results said that they were 300mg.  Then Sonny saw in Morgan's journal that he was taking 600mg, so he thought that's why Morgan spiralled.  But then he saw the residue and Andre had the bottle tested, and the residue showed that it was placebo dust (from Ava's original placebos).  

Which I call shenanigans on any dust being able to be tested considering three different drugs were in that bottle at any given time.  

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I aim to please

It's funny because as soon as you said what it was, I recognized the title and thought, duh, of course!!

58 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

and played the piano

I wasn't sure if he would actually be playing but when the camera had a close up of his hands, they were shaking so I figured the actor was nervous.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I wasn't sure if he would actually be playing but when the camera had a close up of his hands, they were shaking so I figured the actor was nervous.

I found that endearing.

• Love 8
(edited)

Again, as in former years, I was cringing that all these minors were allowed unsupervised play in and around a ballroom in which people were enjoying an open bar. All the kids I know would have been sneaking sips from various unattended glasses during the evening.

Laura and daughter Lulu looked like two large opera divas when they stood next to each other. I was sure they were going to burst into arias.

SFU, Anna. Valentin had just finished singing that show-stopping tune to Nina to win her back, and you had to run backstage stalking him. Anna, you are as rude as your twin. And Anna was just finding out now what the Chimera is? Why didn't she ask Robert a long time ago?

Emma's brains seem to have deserted her when she got around Charlotte. Don't fool around with the chimera, girls!

I'm enraged that Sonny is closing in on Ava for revenge. Morgan is dead and good riddance. We are sick of hearing about him. Why should Ava have to pay so that the Corinthii can run into each others' arms again and have their love and marriage renewed? The whole story is simply propping of the Corinthii by Ava. Okay, she's not an innocent bystander, but she realizes and regrets her mistake. She deserves to have Avery back and enjoy both of her children.

Amy 2.0 must be related to someone important--maybe the HW? How many numbers did she get to sing in? Three? The whole first number of the show reminded me of Glee (the TV show) ensembles, especially with Amy sashaying around the stage.

I hope Dr O gets to perform, since she has little else to make her happy.

Where are all the half-nekkid male dancers? Are they the encore?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I agree. And I'm not ashamed to say that I am totally gonna go buy a Burt's Bees lipstick tomorrow. OK no I am ashamed, but I'm still gonna do it.

I thought Kristina and Valerie sounded horrible in the Brave number. And they danced terribly, too. Amy and Emma weren't much better.

I wasn't a fan of Joss' voice.

The Michael/Nelle scenes were so bad. I mean they weren't even doing anything and their anti-chem still radiated through the screen.

I already buy Burt's Bees lipstick but I'm now considering never using it again after that horribly acted product placement between Kristina and Valerie, but I'll let it slide if they hook them up. I wasted at least 5 minutes trying to figure out if they were related though.

Agree with the girls voices too, although part of the problem was there was so much auto-tune on pretty much everyone but Valentin it was hard to listen to. Auto-tune is a tool of the devil.

Sonny, shut the fuck up always.

This show makes me hate pretty much everyone in it, at least the people they want me to like. Now they've got me liking Valentin just because nobody applauded when he was done singing until Lucy came out and told them to clap. Father Doctor Griffin's look at Anna when Valentin was singing pissed me off, but now I fear Anna is going to fall in love with Valentin.

While I agree the Michael/Nelle scenes were bad I used their screen-time to start getting dinner ready so I didn't mind it as much. Between Michael/Nelle and anything Sonny I was able to have dinner ready earlier.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

I already buy Burt's Bees lipstick but I'm now considering never using it again after that horribly acted product placement between Kristina and Valerie, but I'll let it slide if they hook them up. I wasted at least 5 minutes trying to figure out if they were related though.

I kept asking myself if they were going to hook them up during that scene. I'm down for them to at least try it. And how is Burt's Bees lipstick? 

• Love 1

I found it jarring that Kristina said that she was going to go home, put up her feet and watch the NB on TV with Molly and Alexis. What teenage girl wants to watch TV with her family when there's a big social event going on? Doesn't she even want to sit with her sort-of siblings Michael and Joss? Or with her sister Sam?

It just emphasized how different this NB is from former ones when everybody was there, not just the Corintii and their hangers-on.

• Love 5

Hubby is the biggest Billy Joel fan on the planet so I knew that song right away.  We got to see him in concert 40+ yrs ago at a local college (talking the fieldhouse sitting in the bleachers).  Piano Man had just come out and tickets were all of $6.  He blew the crowd away and we've been fans ever since.  Even got to meet him afterwards and he was really nice.

Wow...JPS really surprised me.  Damn he is good!  But if he is the son of Chad or Jeremy (one of my favorite groups back in the day) he's got it in his genes.  Loved his voice and he plays piano really well.  Saved that to show hubby when he gets home.

Can this Chimera thing be over with soon...huh...pretty please?

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

Can this Chimera thing be over with soon.

Of course. as soon as Jason jumps in to save the day. Or Sonny. I mean he has to prove to Carly that he's a sweet, selfless person who will sacrifice himself to save others. Especially small children. ?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

And Anna was just finding out now what the Chimera is? Why didn't she ask Robert a long time ago?

She hadn't heard of the chimera's existence until "yesterday" when Alex told her about it before being taken into custody.  

• Love 1

JPS was good, although Valentin shouldn't've sang. Maybe played some classical piece at most. Sing a fucking aria, you're a Cassadine. Allegedly. 

Can I declare Michael and Nelle the worst couple on this show ever? Please? PLEASE? I don't care if it's not technically true.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Can I declare Michael and Nelle the worst couple on this show ever? Please? PLEASE? I don't care if it's not technically true.

It involves Michael, so it makes sense.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It involves Michael, so it makes sense.

Eh, there are worse things than being unexciting - like being his mother and father-through-illegal-adoption (so much toxicity), the Franco-Liz grossness, Kristina's first (abusive) relationship, for example.

Speaking of Kristina, why was she hugging her brother's former mistress? The dressing room scene was written/directed like she and Val are great girlfriends - but do they even know each other?? Kristina is not a Spencer, so they're certainly not family.

I thought the same thing about the randomness of the Jake/Emma/Charlotte scenes.  I guess Emma and Charlotte have met off-screen because Griffin and Robin spent time together due to Anna, a long-distance Jake-Emma friendship is maybe believable - but when did Jake and Charlotte meet and become friends? With the way Laura and Lulu feel about Valentin, they certainly wouldn't have taken Jake to Wyndemere for a play date supervised by him.