Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Scribner's fall was such UCG, it tickled me in many places. Don't die, Scribner. Your bad acting is too good.

I think Carlos' acting is over-the-top on purpose acting. I think the Scribner actor was trying to be good and failed.

I thought he was going to stick his legs up and kick them a few times before he expired. Then there'd be a close-up and he'd have little Xs where his eyes used to be. It was that bad. Even if he was trying to be bad it was bad.

• Love 8

I thought he was going to stick his legs up and kick them a few times before he expired. Then there'd be a close-up and he'd have little Xs where his eyes used to be. It was that bad. Even if he was trying to be bad it was bad.

We can always count on you for the humorous descriptions. I kept expecting him to lob his tongue out to the side. It reminded me of old school Fred Sanford's fake heart attacks. Elizabeth honey I'm comin' to join ya!

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 2

Franco: Hi Dad!

Scotty: Officer, place this man under arrest.

Oh, really?  Last year after she got back with Kevin or more recently?

I feel like she mentioned it after the Nurses Ball this year when she recounted Serena yelling at her, but I'm probably wrong.

I started laughing when he said "help! please!"

Did Franco actually say "dad" sincerely, or in his sarcastic way.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Franco: Hi Dad!

Scotty: Officer, place this man under arrest.

Oh that'd be so nice, why can't that happen?

I like how he really only tagged along with Carly to find out about Lulu and Maxie's status because he wasn't going to get his booty call for the evening and had nothing better to do apparently-I guess a lack of friends and loved ones who actually want anything to do with you will do that to a person. Such a class act the SERIAL KILLER is through and through, always showing us how he's changed and become a "better person". .

Edited by CPP83

Nope Franco said dad seriously which really threw me off b/c they look NOTHING alike and to me GH usually does a believable job casting relatives who look related.

I know he is given a hard time by many but RP did a tremendous job acting with Scribner, b/c come on how could you keep a straight face when acting with that. Kudos my det.Special Kitty.

• Love 2

I feel like she mentioned it after the Nurses Ball this year when she recounted Serena yelling at her, but I'm probably wrong.

The fight Lucy told Felicia about the day she found out Rafe was dead?  I don't believe the vampire mess was discussed, just that Serena was wicked pissed at Lucy for what she did to Kevin and Scotty, called her a pathological selfish person, and then hung up on her.

Edited by TeeVee329

Oh, and I must say that hearing Franco call Scott "Dad" just...it's so wrong it seems as if it should be illegal.

Say what you will about Scott, but to see a man who lost his wife to her rapist find out he's a father to another rapist (screw that brain tumor shit) and serial killer...that's just a slap in the face. No one deserves Franco for a son, but especially not Scott. 

• Love 5

Nope Franco said dad seriously which really threw me off b/c they look NOTHING alike and to me GH usually does a believable job casting relatives who look related.

Out of all the embarrassing things about Franco - and there are many - the biggest is probably the 45 manchild looking for love for daddy side that comes out around Scott.

• Love 7
Did Franco actually say "dad" sincerely, or in his sarcastic way.

Not only did he seem to "mean it", he called him that more than once, it was just-revolting. And of course they played Scott reacting to it, and not by grabbing a chair and beating Franco unconscious as he should have.

Say what you will about Scott, but to see a man who lost his wife to her rapist find out he's a father to another rapist (screw that brain tumor shit) and serial killer...that's just a slap in the face. No one deserves Franco for a son, but especially not Scott.

Couldn't have said it better myself-it's disgusting. There was no rhyme or reason to make Franco Scott's kid, he adds no worth or value to him, or anyone for that matter imo. He's dead weight and sadly not dead enough yet.

• Love 6

Oh, and I must say that hearing Franco call Scott "Dad" just...it's so wrong it seems as if it should be illegal.

I was just coming here to post that this was my favorite, favorite part of today's show.  I hate Franco, but I'm growing to love Roger Howarth, who half the time I feel like is doing his best to be the audience stand-in.  His delivery of that line was perfect--it was so filled disdain that I felt like it was overt commentary on the stupidity of this entire show.  Those two men a) look nothing alike, b) sound nothing alike, c) have nothing in common, d) share no story and have no reason to ever speak to each other, e) appear to be roughly the same age.   I completely forget they're supposed to be related and am jarred every time it gets brought up.

Kiki, who up until a few weeks ago actually lived with Silas, still calls her father "Silas."  Franco's "dad"-ing of Scott has to be intentional.  And RoHo's deadpan was hilarious.  It made me laugh a lot.

• Love 5

Another thing that hurts Franco as the son of Heather and Scott is that they had, at least physically, a much better candidate in Josh Duhon's Logan Hayes. I wouldn't have minded a retcon that Logan was actually Heather's secret son as it would have fit into the time line almost perfectly instead of the hand wave we got from Ron C on Franco.

It occurred to me with Ned's cheerleading and support of Michael vs his distain for both AJ and his mother: I wonder if he is so supportive because out of all the Qs, including his daughter, Michael is the most like him. Was Ned this helpful to AJ when he started having active interest in ELQ? Ned reminded me this week that he pretty much grew up as a pseudo outsider like Michael did because he was in boarding schools during his formative years, while Michael was raised the various nannies that Sonny and Carly employed. Both had criminal fathers, though Ned's might have done him a favor by not raising him. One would be pretty hard press to say who is the bigger, more conniving, self involved bitch, Tracy or Carly. While AJ and Jason were also raised in boarding schools, AJ grew up to be most like Tracy with a obsessive compulsive tendencies, while Jason Q was following in Alan's foot steps.  Ned and Michael come across as the gatekeepers, almost self appointed "normal" ones. Ned deigned to run ELQ like Michael does now. I wonder if Ned prefers the lack of desperation from Michael that Tracy and AJ didn't have. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 5
Franco's "dad"-ing of Scott has to be intentional

Well he's also called him "Daddy", which to me, whatever the intent, is just the vilest of all. But really what gets me is that every time he speaks to Scott, and especially calls him by a paternal name, I am reminded that they made the SERIAL KILLER Scott's son and I hate that. I hate that about as much as I've hated any new "twist" from Ron and Frank.

• Love 1

Out of all the embarrassing things about Franco - and there are many - the biggest is probably the 45 manchild looking for love for daddy side that comes out around Scott.

This so reminds me of Soapdish, when the soap made Cathy Moriarty the daughter of Sally Field.

• Love 2

It occurred to me with Ned's cheerleading and support of Michael vs his distain for both AJ and his mother: I wonder if he is so supportive because out of all the Qs, including his daughter, Michael is the most like him. Was Ned this helpful to AJ when he started having active interest in ELQ? Ned reminded me this week that he pretty much grew up as a pseudo outsider like Michael did because he was in boarding schools during his formative years, while Michael was raised the various nannies that Sonny and Carly employed. Both had criminal fathers, though Ned's might have done him a favor by not raising him. One would be pretty hard press to say who is the bigger, more conniving, self involved bitch, Tracy or Carly. While AJ and Jason were also raised in boarding schools, AJ grew up to be most like Tracy with a obsessive compulsive tendencies, while Jason Q was following in Alan's foot steps.  Ned and Michael come across as the gatekeepers, almost self appointed "normal" ones. Ned deigned to run ELQ like Michael does now. I wonder if Ned prefers the lack of desperation from Michael that Tracy and AJ didn't have.

That is far more thought than Guza, Wolfe and Ron, the Real Unholy Trio ever put into Ned and/or Michael

This so reminds me of Soapdish, when the soap made Cathy Moriarty the daughter of Sally Field.

Soapdish is exactly what Ron wants to write, he thinks he is funny and clever and has no filter, even more than Guza he needs a Co-Head writer, some one of equal power to pull him back on track

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 1
Too much. But I feel like I'm out here on an island, I think I'm the only one who liked the show.

I enjoyed the past two days of the show - except for Sonny.  It seems pretty stupid but the set of the kidnapping looked like someone actually put some time and thought into it.  It was nice to have Scottie mention Laura, and I am glad that they also referenced Frisco instead of having Sonny even playing a larger role in yet another plot line.  Does that guy have to be in every plot?  Even Julian was kissing his ass.  Blech. 

The only positive thing to enjoy, during his all too frequent appearances on this show, is watching the other actors in his scenes try not to roll their eyes when Sonny botches up his lines.  Finally some vintage Tracy throwing some serious shade at Olivia.  Having Ned around is a treat.  At least he (like Johny Z) can make doses of Olivia be swallowed a little easier. Olivia has descended into Carly territory whose sole purpose these days it to waste a lot of dialogue doting on their adult kids and boosting up Sonny.  Nothing against the actresses - a paycheck is a paycheck.

Part of the Nathan/Dante scenes were pretty funny.  For a while, they were giving Dante tons of dialogue and only requiring Nathan to recite a couple of words.  Nathan is really cute when he glances upward as he tries to remember his lines.

The previews of today's episode of the character no one cares about wanting a baby sort of killed any satisfaction of enjoying yesterday's episode.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 2

It occurred to me with Ned's cheerleading and support of Michael vs his distain for both AJ and his mother: I wonder if he is so supportive because out of all the Qs, including his daughter, Michael is the most like him. Was Ned this helpful to AJ when he started having active interest in ELQ? Ned reminded me this week that he pretty much grew up as a pseudo outsider like Michael did because he was in boarding schools during his formative years, while Michael was raised the various nannies that Sonny and Carly employed. Both had criminal fathers, though Ned's might have done him a favor by not raising him. One would be pretty hard press to say who is the bigger, more conniving, self involved bitch, Tracy or Carly. While AJ and Jason were also raised in boarding schools, AJ grew up to be most like Tracy with a obsessive compulsive tendencies, while Jason Q was following in Alan's foot steps.  Ned and Michael come across as the gatekeepers, almost self appointed "normal" ones. Ned deigned to run ELQ like Michael does now. I wonder if Ned prefers the lack of desperation from Michael that Tracy and AJ didn't have. 

Nice job.  I had never thought of it that way, but I think you're right.  Michael and Ned are much more alike, and they are the gatekeepers of their respective families, and both tend to take on that burden.  So I can see why Ned feels almost like a big brother to Michael.  I also think you're right that Ned prefers Michael's lack of desperation to have and keep ELQ as HIS as opposed to how Tracy and AJ fought tooth and nail to claim it as their birthright.  I want more Ned and Michael scenes.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 3

That is far more thought than Guza, Wolfe and Ron, the Real Unholy Trio ever put into Ned and/or Michael

I kind of agree.  Ned supports Michael because there is no other Qs besides them and Tracy.  Not a lot of choices there. 

Plus, Ned has no desire to run ELQ now so why wouldn't he support Michael?  He was never put into direct competition with him the way he was with AJ by Edward.

Also in terms of this regime isn't it awesome that someone with the last name Corinthos is running Edward Quartermaine's business?  That's another FU to that family that has already been literally f'd over by Sonny.

Edited by ch1
  • Love 4

Also in terms of this regime isn't it awesome that someone with the last name Corinthos is running Edward Quartermaine's business?  That's another FU to that family that has already been literally f'd over by Sonny.

I don't think that Michael is long for the Corinthos last name. I think he will change it to Quartermaine as soon as the truth about AJ comes out.

To be honest I have not thought of Michael as a Corinthos since AJ returned: He just seems more of a Q now and other than paying lip service to being raised by Carson he seems mostly to move in the Q circle, however small that is

• Love 2

I kind of agree.  Ned supports Michael because there is no other Qs besides them and Tracy.  Not a lot of choices there. 

Plus, Ned has no desire to run ELQ now so why wouldn't he support Michael?  He was never put into direct competition with him the way he was with AJ by Edward.

Also in terms of this regime isn't it awesome that someone with the last name Corinthos is running Edward Quartermaine's business?  That's another FU to that family that has already been literally f'd over by Sonny.

I didn't even realize it, to be honest. I was just focused on the fact that it's being run by someone who became an insta-businessman, lol. But like Fylaki, I think he will eventually change his last name to Quartermaine.

• Love 2

This Michael story with the AJ fallout has the potential to be such an obvious slam-dunk, it practically writes itself.  And it would provide so much gratification for the audience who have been wishing for some, ANY sort of comeuppance to Sonny and Carly for their past heinous actions.  It's one of the few things I'm actually actively anticipating on the show.  Which means, of course, that Ron will more than likely screw it up somehow.

• Love 5

I get the impression that at this point, Michael loves Carly and Sonny because he feels obligated to do so, not because he respects or likes them, or thinks they gave him a great life. He said it wasn't okay for Carly to just decide she didn't want AJ to be his dad, or for Sonny to force AJ to give up his parental rights. He knows Sonny is basically a remorseless (latest grossness - doing Morgan's gf) thug and Carly's only loyalty is really to herself (moving Franco into her home). So when he finds out about this major betrayal - and he's their "favorite" - I hope and expect both Michael and Morgan to disown their parents. 'Preserving' their relationships with Michael right now is purely about ego, not love.

While Michael knows *stuff* has gone down in the Q Family, he has learned enough to appreciate that his dad the late AJ Q, Great Grandfather Edward, Grandma Monica, Cousin Ned were/are not OMG THE EVUL as Carly and Sonny tried to drill into him ad nauseum. 

• Love 3

Why Scotty didn't punch Franco in the face the minute he dragged him by the arm into that interrogation room, I have no idea.  But he did a fair bit of mocking of Franco's whiny drama so that was delightful. 

Believe me, I'm no Nina fan, but Silas today brought back a lot of bad memories of John McBain smugly interrogating someone, usually the woman who had done him wrong.  Blech.

All the "Wah wah, Lulu's been kidnapped!" drama is doing nothing for me.  Are people forgetting the last time this happened, she got put in a freezer?  Now those are some stakes.

Could Carly sound more like a battered wife?

Who's Peter Harrow?

• Love 1

Playing pool w/Patrick and their flirting is the first time Sam has seemed happy in quittte a while. They are cute together. The "whatever I want" choice for him to shave, and touching his face like that - very girlfriendy-type behavior.

Silas's WTF reaction to The Nina telling him she wants to get pregnant by him - or  "make love" regardless of being able to get pregnant - a little funny/awkwardddd. Gotta love that his reaction is to get...slightly red around the eyes.. when she stands up and unbuttons her blouse. Throwing herself at him, such a classy move. Typical GH. Ugh.

Okay, Levi having the name of Felicia's ex-fiance did surprise me. I thought for sure the jackass was somehow a relative/friend of an enemy of Frisco.

• Love 1

For the love of god why? I...why? Why must this show take everything that I like and love and ruin it?

I found nothing, not one single thing to enjoy about today.

I had Franco with Scott, Carly being Carly, Sonny being a douche pimple, people actively attempting to bring home the airhead and one infected with baby rabies, Silas actually willing to give it to Nina by choice, and Sam and Patrick "flirting" over pool and shaving cream, fan fucking tastical.

Brad and Lucas in bed together tomorrow! Hooray! I'll finally have some eye candy to distract me from all the horribleness happening, about damn time.

ETA:

Who's Peter Harrow?

It isn't Harrow, it's Harrell, he was Felicia's fiance before she hooked up with Frisco, back when she first came to town.

And now that I'm actually thinking about it and not recoiling in horror at Ron yet again attempting to rework GH history, is he really going to make notLevi  turn out to be Peter's offspring who wanted to get revenge on Felicia, and also Frisco since Peter lost Felicia to him, by going after Maxie? Really? Way to be really random there, Ron. And what the hell does it matter anyway?

God the stupid...it hurts...

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

Well.... that was interesting. So Levi is some dude from the past. Silas is further more the audience avatar by drinking all the time and twice when the kidnapping garbage is mentioned. I feel sorry for myself. Or him. I'm like confused.

Every day I think we are closer to the AJ reveal and I get Jesse Spano level excited. Like I'm so excited, but I'm also so scared.

• Love 1

Sam and Patrick were really cute playing pool. First time in forever Sam looked happy/carefree. 

Nina is so pathetic practically begging her cheating husband to sex her up. Every time she calls him Si I roll my eyes. Its so annoying. 

• Love 5

Brad and Lucas in bed together tomorrow! Hooray! I'll finally have some eye candy to distract me from all the horribleness happening, about damn time.

I was shocked to see them because 1) I figured we wouldn't for at least a month and 2) I figured they wouldn't bother informing Lucas about his cousins being kidnapped.

I feel like Britt is going to do a victory dance re: Brad getting his man, a la Roxy's on OLTL when she found Kyle and Fish in bed together.

All the "Wah wah, Lulu's been kidnapped!" drama is doing nothing for me.  Are people forgetting the last time this happened, she got put in a freezer?  Now those are some stakes.

I'm surprised Franco hasn't made a "hey, at least she's not strapped to a bomb this time hyuck hyuck" jokes.

I don't think Franco is calling Scotty "dad" sincerely but it's still awkward as hell and needs to stop.

Playing pool w/Patrick and their flirting is the first time Sam has seemed happy in quittte a while. They are cute together. The "whatever I want" choice for him to shave, and touching his face like that - very girlfriendy-type behavior.

Both of them! Sam wasn't whispering for once. And when was the last time Patrick radiantly beamed like that? He didn't even smile like that when Robin came back from the dead. And her telling him to shave the beard was cute. I don't ship it, but I can see how people could, definitely.

I loved this:

Sam: can you afford to bet money? You're unemployed?

Patrick: I'm a *doctor*, I'll be *fine*.

Can someone tell Britt that?

I can't take LLC/Olivia's warbly, on-the-verge of tears voice anymore. Between this and the break-up I've heard it too much this year. They should have had one scene where she was told and then sent her off-screen to baby-sit Rocco.

Nina/Silas - blerg.

Franco to Sonny: stay away from my girlfriend!

Or he'll meet you in the playground after recess, Sonny!

So are they saying that Levi might be Felicia's son now? Oh god I hope they don't try and pull a GL, where one relative seduces and sexes up an unaware relative as way of revenge.

I'm sure he's just the son of the fiance.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

Thoughts on today's show...

Silas and Nina. The actress played crazy okay, the dialog was creepy. Why would Silas go along with sex based on that?

Sam and Patrick. A very pleasant surprise to have Sam ask Patrick to ditch the beard. It also is a sign of what JT can do when he feels like acting.

I don't check the spoiler sites and haven't bought a magazine in 15 years. I had no idea Frisco was coming back this way. Nice start of the ending to a silly kidnapping and annoying Dunkle-aussie character.

• Love 1

It isn't Harrow, it's Harrell, he was Felicia's fiance before she hooked up with Frisco, back when she first came to town.

Ah okay, so Levi is probably this Peter Harrell guy's son or something who blames Felicia and Frisco and the Aztec treasure for his father's death and came to town for revezzzzzzzzz.

At least he's not Mac's kid, thank gawd!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Yeah, I first went to the worst thought/scenario possible because Ron has made me that paranoid. It's all just stupid shit, stupid ass shit.

I was shocked to see them because 1) I figured we wouldn't for at least a month and 2) I figured they wouldn't bother informing Lucas about his cousins being kidnapped.

I was surprised too, not that I'm complaining, at least I may get a shot of them making out before Britt must come and tell Lucas the "awful" news, whatever.

Edited by CPP83

Franco to Sonny: stay away from my girlfriend!

Or he'll meet you in the playground after recess, Sonny!

It's been over a year since the opening of the art gallery, and Franco was in middle school mode then. I'm tired of it now. And  it's hard to imagine a 40-year-old man (AND SERIAL KILLER) being attractive to any woman over 14.  

Get this crap off my screen. 

• Love 5

Also Dante was a lot more animated wanting to talk to his boss* today than looking for Lulu the past couple of days :does the fanwank dance:

*that's what he calls her . . . IN BED

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
Also Dante was a lot more animated wanting to talk to his boss today than looking for Lulu the past couple of days :does the fanwank dance:

I must imagine that's a rather racy dance, heh.

He didn't mind messing up his hair though today, grabbing and pulling it at the roots as his parents looked on, one with concern and the other probably wondering why he would screw up his hair do when he could just throw something across the room ragefully, just like his ol' man.

That's another aspect to this crap that is just unnecessary, to me, having Dante seemingly leaning on Sonny for help, I mean really. Fine, he can't help who he shares DNA with, granted, but Sonny has not nor has he ever been a "father" to Dante. He's his glorified sperm donor who almost killed him, why can't Dante act like it for longer than a few weeks? Why can't anyone?

I know, I know...it's the Sonny show after all, he's beloved and adored by all...I need a drink.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

Silas's WTF reaction to The Nina telling him she wants to get pregnant by him - or  "make love" regardless of being able to get pregnant - a little funny/awkwardddd. Gotta love that his reaction is to get...slightly red around the eyes.. when she stands up and unbuttons her blouse. Throwing herself at him, such a classy move. Typical GH. Ugh.

At least she wasn't drugging him then trying to rape him.  So...progress?

• Love 1
Every time she calls him Si I roll my eyes.

This show and nicknames!

FFS, why does he have to be anybody? Why can't he have seen the jewels Felicia gave back and want to get them all? Ron's insistence that everyone be related to someone is pathological.

• Love 2
FFS, why does he have to be anybody? Why can't he have seen the jewels Felicia gave back and want to get them all? Ron's insistence that everyone be related to someone is pathological.

So we CARE! dubbel zout. It's why the SERIAL KILLER got Heather and Scott as mummy and daddy, and Britt and Dr. EvO were linked to Faison, and now Nathan is linked to them, and Nina is linked to them, and so it goes.

Ron is going to make damn sure that we never, ever, overlook his new little pets for they're part of GH history! I want his feet held to hot coals, I really do.

• Love 6

He didn't mind messing up his hair though today, grabbing and pulling it at the roots as his parents looked on, one with concern and the other probably wondering why he would screw up his hair do when he could just throw something across the room 

CPP83, please don't make me laugh when my mouth's full!

• Love 1

Why can't Anna talk to Victor C. to get information about Frisco?

Whatever makes you think he'd be honest about anything? Just because he's now head of the WSB? he's probably infiltrated the agency with killers and bad guys and whacked all the good agents/good guys. Well, the ones that didn't manage to get away. And I know for a FACT that RobertFucking!Scorpio is still alive and well and out of his hammy reach.

• Love 3

Or Anna could talk to Victor about getting her fucking daughter back. Oh, that's right, she doesn't know to, because Patrick won't fucking tell her the truth because he's too busy flirting with Sam about his ugly-ass beard.

OMFG with this show ...

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 3

Does Anna even know that Victor Cassadine is supposedly the head of the WSB?  She knows someone there pulled strings for Dr. Obrecht and she remarked today that the agency has been in upheaval for some time, but I don't think she knows specifically about Victor.

Edited by TeeVee329

I think we're supposed to understand that he's responsible for some of the odd things that occurring within the bureau. Anna mentioned it today, and even before Robert left he was complaining about what was happening there. 

(ETA: TeeVee beat me to it:)  does she even know he's the one in charge? I know that we know, and that Dr. Obrect knows, but I can't imagine that either she or Robert would sit by doing nothing if they knew a Cassidine was in charge. 

Edited by rur

Does Anna even know that Victor Cassadine is supposedly the head of the WSB?  She knows someone there pulled strings for Dr. Obrecht and she remarked today that the agency has been in upheaval for some time, but I don't think she knows specifically about Victor.

Yes. She found out when they learned that Obrecht wouldn't go to jail. I recall Victor taunting Anna about it.

I don't think Anna, Robert, Frisco etc are suppose to know about Victor is head of the WSB.

I enjoyed the SamTrick scenes today. It was playful without being over done or cheesy.

Maybe I'm sick because even the Scotty/Franco scenes didn't bother me. I love that they both play their scenes with a slight edge/wariness.

I was surprised too, not that I'm complaining, at least I may get a shot of them [brad/Lucas] making out before Britt must come and tell Lucas the "awful" news, whatever.

I hope so. This show owes me for all the nasty damn CarSon makeout scenes they have been showing lately.

ETA: when did Victor have a scene with Anna?

Edited by BestestAuntEver