Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

Because the pain in the ass child had cut himself when he broke a damn window trying to make his parents think they had a stalker. Sam tried to give him first aid and was going to call his folks when he ran off thinking he was in trouble.

Liz said Sam shouldn't inconvenience herself trying to help Jake. Sam should follow that advice. Focus on her own kids.

Wasn't her place to confront him at all.  She needed to defer to the parents.  Once he ran, her first thought should have been to call his folks, but nope.  And Elizabeth lost her home because of the bint's decision.  All this was avoidable if Jason had simply made good on his threat and offed her back in 2007.  

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

why would Franco hate Jason? 

Because Jason is a meanie who won't forgive Franco for what he did to Sam. That said, they bait each other whenever they're together. 

What is Kristina during the day that she has to take night classes?

As gross as Nelle's actions toward Sonny were, she has a lot more guts than he does by telling him the truth about what happened, with very few excuses. Unlike Sonny, who never takes responsibility for anything that happens to him.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Because Jason is a meanie who won't forgive Franco for what he did to Sam. That said, they bait each other whenever they're together. 

What is Kristina during the day that she has to take night classes?

As gross as Nelle's actions toward Sonny were, she has a lot more guts than he does by telling him the truth about what happened, with very few excuses. Unlike Sonny, who never takes responsibility for anything that happens to him.

Yes, and I gather we are supposed to be Team Sonny, and not Team Nelle.  But I have been Team Nelle since the beginning.  I don't have to like her, but I like what she did to Sonny and Carly.  Too easy.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Although really, shouldn't Jax and Sonny feel kinda squicky sharing Carly so many times now? They might as well all go to bed at the same time.

And as someone upthread pointed out, classy Carly still wore her wedding ring set from Sonny when bedding Jax. So Sonny had a presence there.

Sonny and Carly are completely solipsistic. They hurt people deeply, with little remorse if any, often times those people weren't ever able to recover. Sonny has Jax drugged and Carly goes along with it, and Carly just believes that Jax will understand and eventually come to forgive her (and considering he fucked the old hag, looks like it is true) for setting him up for sexual assault. 

• Love 2

So a bleeding child who has a history of getting hit by cars should have been left to do as he wanted while Sam pulled out a phone to call his folks. Okay she should file this information for future interaction with Jake.

Liz fans should thank Sam for blowing up her house. This way she can sleep better not having to live in a house blood money bought.

Franco has always been a bitch. He had targeted Jason every since Jason n refused to talk and meet with him the first time Franco waved at him.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Sonny and Carly are completely solipsistic. They hurt people deeply, with little remorse if any, often times those people weren't ever able to recover. Sonny has Jax drugged and Carly goes along with it, and Carly just believes that Jax will understand and eventually come to forgive her (and considering he fucked the old hag, looks like it is true) for setting him up for sexual assault. 

Relatedly, it's going to anger me when Carly gets all, "Well I never!" when she hears about the drugging tomorrow given what she herself did to AJ.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Right about Sonny, but I don't think Nelly is doing this out of bravery or the goodness of her heart.  She's coming clean to "win" Michael.  "Wait here, Michael, I'm going to fix this."  Without Michael in the equation, she probably would not have confessed.

Just now, ciarra said:

Right about Sonny, but I don't think Nelly is doing this out of bravery or the goodness of her heart.  She's coming clean to "win" Michael.  "Wait here, Michael, I'm going to fix this."  Without Michael in the equation, she probably would not have confessed.

True dat.  And it won't likely work for her.  But she could have just slithered away.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sonny (to Nelle): There's something wrong with you.

Me: I mean...she drugged you and that's super not cool.  But you are a mobster and a murderer and drunkenly sleeping with Nelle would have not been that off-brand for you.  So maybe dial back on the moral indignation just a touch.

9 hours ago, ulkis said:

Also, sleeping with Nelle was the worst mistake of his life? Really? Is he sure about that? Is he REALLY sure?

Michael further condemning her after he had the gall to forgive the man who killed his birth father added a whole new layer of grossness to the scenes, too.  Just . . . blech.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 8

This show is terrible.

Of course, Sonny is off the hook for his behavior! Now he didn't cheat! So his lies to Carly don't  count, right? Sonny cheating wasn't what truly pissed off Carly. That is par for the course. It was his daily lies to her that did it. He knew that Nell didn't have good intentions towards Carly, but he kept his mouth shut to protect himself. I love the fact that Sonny wanted Julian dead, but Morgan's death was Julian's fault. Not Sonny's fault. Not Morgan FOR STEALING A CAR! Nope. Sonny cancelled at the last second his fucking hit, so nothing is Sonny's fault! 

Still wanting Scotty to laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh at Sonny. Screaming "How do you like a tiny bit of payback for the years of you drugging kids and sick people to make you happy and wealthy, Asshole!"  And maybe yell at the Corinthos kids to come talk to him about Sonny and Karen Wexler!

Michael Q is on the dead to me list again. Yes, Michael,  poor "Dad". *puke*

Once again, if Jax believed that Joss had Jake's kidney, how could he discreetly find another kidney transplant recipient without it going to the proper channels?  Jax has super fast connections to blackmarket human organs. That hours ago he didn't have? Whose kidney does Joss have? Is Jake missing a kidney?  Who the hell is buried in Jake's occupied grave?  This crap explained nothing. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, stlbf said:

Of course, Sonny is off the hook for his behavior! Now he didn't cheat! So his lies to Carly don't  count, right? Sonny cheating wasn't what truly pissed off Carly. That is par for the course. It was his daily lies to her that did it. He knew that Nell didn't have good intentions towards Carly, but he kept his mouth shut to protect himself. I love the fact that Sonny wanted Julian dead, but Morgan's death was Julian's fault. Not Sonny's fault. Not Morgan FOR STEALING A CAR! Nope. Sonny cancelled at the last second his fucking hit, so nothing is Sonny's fault! 

As opposed to Jax who "killed his mother" by telling her he was behind Joss' kidney.

7 hours ago, stlbf said:

Once again, if Jax believed that Joss had Jake's kidney, how could he discreetly find another kidney transplant recipient without it going to the proper channels?  Jax has super fast connections to blackmarket human organs. That hours ago he didn't have? Whose kidney does Joss have? Is Jake missing a kidney?  Who the hell is buried in Jake's occupied grave?  This crap explained nothing. 

Not to mention who was really behind the black-market organ donor business at GH in the first place.

16 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

During Carly and Jax's custody battle for Joss, Sonny paid a woman to set up Jax by drugging him and accusing him of rape.  So yeah, Sonny needs to dial WAY back on the moral indignation.

Wow. I remember Jax was raped (with "Yakkity Sax" background music -- Har Har), but I had forgotten Sonny did drug-rape on Jax, and he didn't have "my father lied to me" to fall back on.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

I don't think Nelly is doing this out of bravery or the goodness of her heart.  She's coming clean to "win" Michael.  "Wait here, Michael, I'm going to fix this."  Without Michael in the equation, she probably would not have confessed.

There's definitely an ulterior motive, but that doesn't negate her being pretty brave to tell Sonny she drugged him. She could have told him only that they didn't sleep together and kept the drugging part to herself. I think she was truthful when she told Sonny she was tired of dragging the lie around. She can have more than one reason to tell the truth, and those reasons can be somewhat contradictory.

9 hours ago, Vyk said:

Michael further condemning her after he had the gall to forgive the man who killed his birth father added a whole new layer of grossness to the scenes, too. 

IMO, Michael can be mad at her for drugging his father and messing with his family. That's gross no matter what else has happened. The hypocrisy will come in if he refuses to ever forgive her.

Edited by dubbel zout
more clarity
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, coffee drinker said:

Hudson West continues to be mis-cast in the role of Jake.  Not his fault, but eeesh, that moppet look is so wrong for the character's history, imo.  

The show should have stuck with James Nigbor's version of Jake, because he was playing the character as someone that had been kidnapped as a kid and no doubt traumatized in the process.  Jake should have been reserved and not trusting of the people around him.  TIIC also failed to write Jake as having PTSD and suddenly yanked from living with Helena to a new family that he does not remember.

13 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

So a bleeding child who has a history of getting hit by cars should have been left to do as he wanted while Sam pulled out a phone to call his folks. Okay she should file this information for future interaction with Jake.

Liz fans should thank Sam for blowing up her house. This way she can sleep better not having to live in a house blood money bought.

Franco has always been a bitch. He had targeted Jason every since Jason n refused to talk and meet with him the first time Franco waved at him.

Wrong.  Jason told Elizabeth when he manipulated her into taking the house and money that they were both clean and not part of his mobster empire.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Wrong.  Jason told Elizabeth when he manipulated her into taking the house and money that they were both clean and not part of his mobster empire.

Realistically, all of Jason's money is dirty. Any "clean" money that he has only exists to launder and camouflage his mobster monies. 

I do think that Sam did what any normal person (especially one with a young child) would do when she walked up and saw a bleeding kid who was seemingly unsupervised, and Jake did what a normal kid* would do when he thought he was in trouble. 

As for Liz's house, FV decided to blow it up so he could replace it with a cheaper set. How else was he going to be able to afford to give us so many scenes of Soap Superstar Roger Howarth? If you were "real soap fans" you'd be suitably grateful that Uncle Frank cares enough to give you the gift of Franco.

*Moppet!Jake continues to undermine the story they're trying to sell of a child so disturbed and detached that only a SERIAL KILLER can reach him

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

*Moppet!Jake continues to undermine the story they're trying to sell of a child so disturbed and detached that only a SERIAL KILLER can reach him

It's so stupid we're not seeing how disturbed and detached Moppet!Jake is. He's left a blank space in a pictorial time line, then drew a scarecrow. He left home without telling the babysitter. Big whoop. Why aren't I hearing that Jake is waking up screaming in the middle of the night from bad dreams? Or getting into fights at school? Or arguing with everyone? If the show is trying to convince me Jake has PTSD or whatever, it's failing in a major, major way.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Realistically, all of Jason's money is dirty. Any "clean" money that he has only exists to launder and camouflage his mobster monies.

I can't recall - did Jason inherit any money from Alan or Edward?  That Q money would be clean.

Hey, remember that time the Quartermaines bought a hospital and then it wasn't mentioned for, like, a month.

17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's so stupid we're not seeing how disturbed and detached Moppet!Jake is. He's left a blank space in a pictorial time line, then drew a scarecrow. He left home without telling the babysitter. Big whoop. Why aren't I hearing that Jake is waking up screaming in the middle of the night from bad dreams? Or getting into fights at school? Or arguing with everyone? If the show is trying to convince me Jake has PTSD or whatever, it's failing in a major, major way.

And how are poor Cameron and Aiden reacting to their brother's disturbed and detached behavior?  Are they getting "The Good Son"-ed off-screen?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I can't recall - did Jason inherit any money from Alan or Edward?  That Q money would be clean

I think Tracy and Luke stole Jason's inheritance from Alan and Jake "died" before Edward did

Would Jason have accepted an inheritance from the Qs? I know he'd sort of reconciled with them at the time of Alan's death, but I'm not sure he'd have wanted to take any money. And by the time Edward died, Jason didn't need it, and any kids were probably covered in the will in their own right.

35 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:
56 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I can't recall - did Jason inherit any money from Alan or Edward?  That Q money would be clean

I think Tracy and Luke stole Jason's inheritance from Alan and Jake "died" before Edward did

21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Would Jason have accepted an inheritance from the Qs? I know he'd sort of reconciled with them at the time of Alan's death, but I'm not sure he'd have wanted to take any money. And by the time Edward died, Jason didn't need it, and any kids were probably covered in the will in their own right.

Jason "died", Edward died, and ELQ was divided among the heirs. Danny got a share which Sam was proxy. Sam split her proxy (but kept the shares) between Tracy and AJ (yes, it was that long ago), and when Jason "undied", the shares got reproportioned. After all the Fluke and Nik stealing, Jason still has his shares, which are used to back Michael. So, depending how well ELQ is and the dividends is how much Jason benefits.

DNAJ never got shares, because, as Oracle42 said, he "died" beforehand.

Jason has enough "clean" money to be comfortable and to remain under the radar (with Diane's help).

Edited by NutmegsDad
Elaborated on proxy vote vs. shares. They told me there would be no math!
  • Love 1

This is all making me wonder how Jason received his pay anyway. Did Sonny just pay him in cash under the table? Did he get a check as an employee of the restaurant Sonny owned lol? (It wasn't Corinthos Coffee, cause that was Sonny's legitimate business.)

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

This is all making me wonder how Jason received his pay anyway. Did Sonny just pay him in cash under the table? Did he get a check as an employee of the restaurant Sonny owned lol? (It wasn't Corinthos Coffee, cause that was Sonny's legitimate business.)

He was probably on the payroll as "security" or some such, as well as getting cash payments. I wonder if he got a bonus every time he killed someone?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, ulkis said:

This is all making me wonder how Jason received his pay anyway. Did Sonny just pay him in cash under the table?

Jason and Sonny have a bunch of offshore accounts; I assume the illicit money went there. As for "legitimate" pay, Jason was probably an employee of Corinthos Coffee.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wasn't there some nonsense that Jason was "missing" and thus those ELQ shares in Edward's will went to Sam...or something?

Jason was still declared "missing" when Edward died so Sam received both his shares and Danny's (though I would think as custodian, not owner) and as NutmegsDad said, she split the proxy for all of those shares between AJ and Tracy - 

Then RC decided to do a story about fucking relish and food poisoning...

• Love 2

Wow, Sonny went from effusing about how much he loves Carly to calling her a whore super fast, even for him!

This was a nuRocco, correct?  He seemed way too old.  Remedy that by SORASing Cameron, Show!

Suck it, Dr. Michael Easton.  They should just go there with Rebecca Budig and Curtis.

Everything else was supes boring.

• Love 8

Sonny: "Good news, Carly! I didn't actually fuck up (this time). And I know I'm kind of terrible across the board, but hey, you love me, right? We can totally get back together now!"

Jax: [lets his naked chest do the talking for him]

Sonny: "You bitchslutwhore! I am so BETRAYED!"

Carly: "Keep talking like that and you're about to catch these hands."

Sonny: "I don't want you, anyway. Enjoy your backup man. But know that you're missing out on a real prize, because it's not just any man who will repeatedly lie to you and scream obscenities to you."

Carly: [looks at Jax] "Yeah, I think I'm good."

Edited by Linny
  • Love 22
11 minutes ago, Linny said:

Sonny: "I don't want you, anyway. Enjoy your backup man. But know that you're missing out on a real prize, because it's not just any man who will repeatedly lie to you and scream obscenities to you."

He will also throw barware at you.  He is such a catch and Carly threw him away, go figure.

• Love 11

Alls I know is, if they do get a divorce, and then have then have a sixth wedding, if they invite people all the invites have to be rejected or everyone just has to show up in shorts and sandals because everyone acting enthused and dressing up for a six wedding with these two cretins would be ridiculous.

• Love 14

RUN JAX, fucking GET OUT ALREADY. The show may not want to remember how Carly sneered at Jax when he found out she cheated on him or how she didn't believe he was raped when he was kidnapped and tortured and instead stomped around like a victim of a cheating husband or how she whined to Jason and he chuckled at the notion of Jax being raped, but I certainly remember the absolute shithellhole that was CarJax.

GET OUT JAX. You were a 'make me feel better' fuck, the fact that Jax refuses to see that is pathetic.  Ugh, I hate this.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Jazzy24 said:

Someone answer me this, but why would Franco hate Jason? 

I mean yes Jason is a jerk and I'm not a fan and he deserves hatred but Franco attacked Jason and his family for years and now he dislikes Jason, why? 

Back in the day?  He had a weird crush on Jason.  Now?  Because he's a big meanie .  

10 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Anyone want to place a bet as to how long it will be before Sonny waves his gun at Jax?

I give it 1 week normal time, 1/2 day GH time.  But the scenes will last forever

• Love 1

Jax's face was great. Too bad he didn't get more lines.

GH: When women only want to hook up with beautiful men when their crusty, cantankerous partner isn't being obliging.

55 minutes ago, Vella said:

RUN JAX, fucking GET OUT ALREADY. The show may not want to remember how Carly sneered at Jax when he found out she cheated on him or how she didn't believe he was raped when he was kidnapped and tortured and instead stomped around like a victim of a cheating husband or how she whined to Jason and he chuckled at the notion of Jax being raped, but I certainly remember the absolute shithellhole that was CarJax.

GET OUT JAX. You were a 'make me feel better' fuck, the fact that Jax refuses to see that is pathetic.  Ugh, I hate this.

Jax didn't really seem like he wanted to get back together like in the relationship they were before previously, but maybe I missed something.

Rocco seemed slightly smaller than the last one to me. Also seemed like he ate 12 cookies, and he is the latest since the cute baby to seem kinda terrifying, although those kids were creepy and this one seems hyper.

Also honestly I do kind of find ER's pregnancy distracting, especially with Lulu it's kinda weird no one is noticing she looks pregnant lol. I guess in short I like the use of potted plants and purses.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Didn't Jason work in a warehouse at first?  I think he also worked for a club, too.  And a garage?  I'm sure he got money from Lila and Alan after they died as well.  

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:
44 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Anyone want to place a bet as to how long it will be before Sonny waves his gun at Jax?

The next time Robin's in town to get caught in the crossfire?

I think it would be good soap if Sonny accidentally shot Joss. 

• Love 10

I loved everything about the Hayden/Curtis scenes. I would actually really like this stuff with Hayden/Finn if I didn't know they will get back together. I love the Hayden/Curtis friendship a bunch, but I also kinda want them to fall in love. At the very least they should've went there with Curtis comfort fucking her. Don't tease me and then yank it away, show!

Damn at Sonny's reaction to Carly fucking Jax. I mean I figured he'd be a dick because he is a dick, but they took it pretty far. How do they seriously think it's OK that they treat this man as the romantic lead of the show/as a hero?

When is Jax leaving? I am super done watching him interact with Carly.

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Damn at Sonny's reaction to Carly fucking Jax. I mean I figured he'd be a dick because he is a dick, but they took it pretty far. How do they seriously think it's OK that they treat this man as the romantic lead of the show/as a hero?

I've gotta say, I don't even like Carly, but I was loving how she just calmly told Jax to let Sonny finish his rant, probably because all he was doing was digging a bigger hole for himself and proving more of her point as to why she couldn't go back to him.  At least that was how I interpreted the way Laura was presenting Carly in that scene.

And that slap?  Well . . . could've been harder, but nonetheless well-deserved.  And everything she said after that about his prior lies?  Also well-deserved.  She is very clearly done with him (probably just for now, but still . . . it'll be good while it lasts).

On another note, thank God they finally addressed Lulu's feelings for Charlotte vs. her feelings for Rocco.  It really was beginning to look like she'd forgotten all about him.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Lillybee said:

I dunno. Does ABCD allow nudity, or will they just go with Sonny unzipping and Jax pointing and laughing?

• Love 14
23 hours ago, Jazzy24 said:

Someone answer me this, but why would Franco hate Jason? 

I mean yes Jason is a jerk and I'm not a fan and he deserves hatred but Franco attacked Jason and his family for years and now he dislikes Jason, why? 

I don't know how long you've been watching the show, so apologies if this answer explains too much:

Way back when the actual actor known as James Franco was on the show, it was revealed that the character Franco and Jason were actually brothers, sons of Susan Moore. Heather, Susan's cousin, was somehow involved with the delivery and sold Franco, with Susan never knowing she had twins. 

So Reason 1 for hating Jason would be the issue about how each was raised, Jason as a Quartermaine, Franco as a schlub.

Then, later, Jason went away for a while and came back saying he had killed Franco. 

So that'd be Reason 2, attempted murder by a supposed sibling. Both of these would be good reasons for hating Jason, especially for a psychopath.

Then writers came and went, and commercial breaks, and Roger Howarth,  and then all of a sudden Franco was Heather and Scotty's kid, but the writers have him carrying around his pre-retcon angst, even though he's now a gentle farmer psychopath. So why does he hate Jason now? Who knows? 

• Love 1