Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

Those years in the egg did Jason wonders. He respects his mother in law now, listens to his wife and is a doting father. Sam should have shot him on purpose years ago.

Fabulously hilarious!!!  Not sure about the doting father bit, though. I'm shocked that TPTB didn't have a scene a day or two after the birth, of Elizabeth (and Franco possibly with her) bringing Jake to see the baby. I figured Jake would run up to Danny's side, they would both look down at the baby in wonder, and the shot would linger on Elizabeth in the background, looking sad/hurt/jealous at Jason and Sam's joyful faces and the new baby girl in Sam's arms.  Then Franco would see the look on Elizabeth's face and have a little tantrum (alone, or toward Liz) that she still has feelings for Jason, and has she had a secret dream of having a daughter/another child with him?? 

If not that, then I would expect a scene of Jason proudly telling them he now has a perfect family of an amazing wife, two awesome sons and this beautiful little girl, that they're going to be such great big brothers, blah blah.....with Elizabeth overhearing and looking jealous about the "perfect family" bit. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Too bad the whole "we can't be friends if you're going to be law-abiding" is so stupid.  So, Jason just doesn't like cops even though he's supposedly not a criminal anymore.

That cracked me up. It really was so stupid. For one thing, Curtis isn't yet a cop again. So maybe wait and see what happens before banishing him. For another, we all know it won't be Curtis who draws a firm line in the sand with the mob element.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

Sam should have shot him on purpose years ago.

She did, but only got his shoulder.   She claimed it was an accident, but come on.   She was still pissed about him threatening to kill her. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, stlbf said:

Meh, on the Davis coven. The Julian rewrite is well under way. But yes, Molly's hair was fantastic.

This reminded me - I thought it was weird that Molly was the one to give Julian the benefit of the doubt re: the letter, given she's the one who has hated him with a passion from the jump.  But it was good to see her and her hair.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I thought it was weird that Molly was the one to give Julian the benefit of the doubt re: the letter, given she's the one who has hated him with a passion from the jump.

I think that was to show that Alexis isn't entirely crazy to still love him. If Molly can come around, Julian can't be the worst person ever. Like it matters, because once Julian returns, he and Alexis will reunite at some point.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Fabulously hilarious!!!  Not sure about the doting father bit, though. I'm shocked that TPTB didn't have a scene a day or two after the birth, of Elizabeth (and Franco possibly with her) bringing Jake to see the baby. I figured Jake would run up to Danny's side, they would both look down at the baby in wonder, and the shot would linger on Elizabeth in the background, looking sad/hurt/jealous at Jason and Sam's joyful faces and the new baby girl in Sam's arms.  Then Franco would see the look on Elizabeth's face and have a little tantrum (alone, or toward Liz) that she still has feelings for Jason, and has she had a secret dream of having a daughter/another child with him?? 

If not that, then I would expect a scene of Jason proudly telling them he now has a perfect family of an amazing wife, two awesome sons and this beautiful little girl, that they're going to be such great big brothers, blah blah.....with Elizabeth overhearing and looking jealous about the "perfect family" bit. 

Sure.  Because the almighty J/S have zero else to do for a storyline, so let's drag Elizabeth back for another round of being the loser third wheel?

What does that say about the almighty J/S?  Not much.  They never, ever have anything for storyline where the heavy lifting isn't born on the back of another character. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think that was to show that Alexis isn't entirely crazy to still love him. If Molly can come around, Julian can't be the worst person ever. Like it matters, because once Julian returns, he and Alexis will reunite at some point.

Which is why it was also a...unexpected?...choice to directly draw comparisons between their relationship and Kristina's abusive relationship with Kiefer.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, coffee drinker said:

Sure.  Because the almighty J/S have zero else to do for a storyline, so let's drag Elizabeth back for another round of being the loser third wheel?

What does that say about the almighty J/S?  Not much.  They never, ever have anything for storyline where the heavy lifting isn't born on the back of another character. 

Hey, the last thing I want is for Liz to be the loser/third wheel. It's demeaning to her and she's been through it before - which is why I assumed it would be done again (the TBTP have no new, original ideas).

Speaking of repetition and irritation, has Carly shut up about what's been done to her family long enough for Michael to point out that whatever lies her adoptive father told Nelle as a kid is approximately the same as what Sonny and Carly told him as a kid about AJ? I'd like to hear from Michael, "Hey Dad, Nelle's still a better person than you are - she didn't murder Mom at point blank range for something she wasn't actually guilty of."

I don't actually care what Michael or Joss do, but I kind of hope they'll make up with Nelle, just because Carly would really hate that.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I don't actually care what Michael or Joss do, but I kind of hope they'll make up with Nelle, just because Carly would really hate that.

Because I'm sure the writers haven't given up on the rice cake that is a Michael/Nelle pairing, the only way it'd be even slightly interesting is if he gets with her BEFORE Carly inevitably forgives Nelle and they're sneaking around behind Carly's back, etc.

• Love 6

Speaking of repetition and irritation, has Carly shut up

Carly seems to rank number one in the volume of dialogue.

Sam should have shot him on purpose years ago.

Did some writer recently try to explain how both Jason and Sam are not employed but seem not to have a financial care in the world?

Edited by sunnyface
sonny
  • Love 2

I'm so tired of Alexis trying to act like a girl who is in her daughters' age group. She is much more effective when acting as their mother who is interested in being supportive and helping them solve their problems. There's too much cute talk about "Julian My Boyfriend and Abusive But Misunderstood Lover" with the girls. They all respond as if they are her sassy girlfriends, rather than her children. Let's have some privacy boundaries.

Rebecca Buddig is crazy to try to cure Dr Finn from his addition. Taping him to a chair as if he was chained up like a mad dog is almost UCG. I'm sure that Finn could figure out some very effective medical ways to detox. This way is too painful for him AND for his girlfriend.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

Carly seems to rank number one in the volume of dialogue.

Did some writer recently try to explain how both Jason and Sam are not employed but seem not to have a financial care in the world?

Blood money.  Jason wasn't broke when he "died".  Neither need to work another day of their lives.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I'm so tired of Alexis trying to act like a girl who is in her daughters' age group. She is much more effective when acting as their mother who is interested in being supportive and helping them solve their problems. There's too much cute talk about "Julian My Boyfriend and Abusive But Misunderstood Lover" with the girls. They all respond as if they are her sassy girlfriends, rather than her children. Let's have some privacy boundaries

One of the reasons I do t like the Davis girls beyond them being insufferable is that they all act like girl friends rather than mother and daughters/sisters. Like when they go into detail about the achievement other sex lives. 

• Love 1

I often wondered if Nancy Lee Grahn is ever freaked out that they hired threee actress that look just like her. I mean there is good casting but to have 3 that look like you and could be your daughters is masterful. I like the relationship and how they talk everything out. I'm not sure how realistic it is but for daytime it's different .

I do have a question about the scene with Tracy, Ned & the gray hair guy at the Metro Court. Who is he? Is he Lord Ashton? If so, is it a different actor then before? I think Hugo Napier played him (for years) before but it didn't look like him. Is it another husband of a Tracy's that I'm confusing him with? Thanks in advance. 

• Love 2

I am really, really disappointed that Tracy didn't walk into Michael's office for the Carly/Michael/Joss scene about Nelle, to shut down Carly's righteous indignation. I wanted Tracy to hear "Uncle Sonny and Nelle?! That's disgusting!" and respond with "Actually, Your Uncle Sonny seducing Jason's little sister, Emily was much more disgusting - he'd known Emily since she was a child. You have no idea how vile your stepfather truly is. And given your mother's history, well, she's in no position to comment on what other women have done. "

It would be fitting for Joss to disown Carly, and want to be loyal to her dad and Michael after realizing that the world her mom chose for her, Michael and Morgan (Mob) because she wanted Sonny, is what got Morgan killed, got Michael shot.  She should hear about her mother coming to Port Charles, to target Grandma Bobbie, what Mom and Uncle Sonny did to Michael's bio father, and that Sonny is the one who sabotaged her dad's plane. 

Also - I watched an Anna-Robin hospital scene on YT. Did I seriously hear Anna suggest that if Robin has a boy, she could name it Robert?! When she's well aware of the many years (20 now?) of Robin's teen and adult life Mac has spent in the dad role while Robert has other priorities?! UGH. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Also - I watched an Anna-Robin hospital scene on YT. Did I seriously hear Anna suggest that if Robin has a boy, she could name it Robert?! When she's well aware of the many years (20 now?) of Robin's teen and adult life Mac has spent in the dad role while Robert has other priorities?! UGH. 

This is the same show that had Nikolas turn down the idea of naming his child Stefan, or in any way honoring the mother and instead chose to name his kid SPENCER.  Naming a Cassadine after a Spencer, no matter how good his relationship, at the time, with his brother and sister were, is simply a big, fat NO.  Some things are just a big fat obvious red zone.  If anything, the Spencer name should have gone to Rocco and Aidan should have been Lucas Lorenzo Spencer III but called Tre or Enzo or SOMETHING, not bland Aidan.  I always thought Emma's name should have been Mackenzie, but I'd be happy with Malcolm for a son, if she has a boy.

But then again, this is as show that makes it painfully clear that both Lucky and Nikolas have been, pretty much, terrible fathers, something I never anticipated in the teen Nikolas and Lucky years.

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:07 AM, Oracle42 said:

omg you guys! The tinkly music of sad endings that played over the end of the Jason/Curtis bromance was AMAZING

They broke up the best couple on the show because Jason can't work with cops (Anna, Dante, and whoever he finds convenient at the time exempted).

The Fifty Shades of Finn works so much better if you imagine ME is through being a Pet and wants off the show.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:53 PM, HeatLifer said:
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:45 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I'm pretty sure Sonny's threatened to kill Alexis at least once over the years, definitely when she was still defending Julian.

He was UGGGGLY during the early Kristina years.

And Kristina had wonderful Sonny Hate. Good times.

I'm surprised Jason didn't take Helena's Jake book to destroy any way to trace what happened to his kid. Speaking of kids, Jason, don't you have a newborn and WIFE?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Vella said:

If anything, the Spencer name should have gone to Rocco and Aidan should have been Lucas Lorenzo Spencer III but called Tre or Enzo or SOMETHING, not bland Aidan.  I always thought Emma's name should have been Mackenzie, but I'd be happy with Malcolm for a son, if she has a boy.

Helena indicated she thought Aiden was a bland name too, lol. I never thought he would be named Lucas Lorenzo because the name was already sort of maxed out on the show between Luke, Lucky and Lucas and also Lucky and Elizabeth were never in a good place to approach the subject of name changing from the time Elizabeth told him the truth about Aiden to when Lucky left them at Christmas. I thought maybe Elizabeth (and Nikolas) would want to name him Laurence/Lawrence after Laura - or choose another name that was special to Laura (does she have a middle name?) because Nikolas came to love his mother very much and Laura has been more of a mother to Elizabeth than her still-unnamed mother ever has been.

Your comment reminds me that I'm ticked off that Laura and Elizabeth's conversations would have us believe Lucky doesn't even exist.  They're reduced to propping the awful Friz. Laura should be encouraging Elizabeth to form strong friendships with other women, and get therapy to truly heal from the rape/make healthier choices in relationships than she has an adult. A line or two about being disappointed that her son isn't there for his sons, and that she's trying to encourage Lucky in that direction, would be great too. I figure if a character as minor as Britt was to this show can get a mention, Lucky should get more than one. 

Patrick and Robin could use Mackenzie for either a boy or girl; Mac for short if it's a boy. A girl in my family is named Mackenzie, but she goes by Kenzie. Then Patrick and Robin could tell Anna it was Patrick's idea, because in addition to raising Robin, Mac helped them catch Lisa and save their marriage. (Then Anna can shut up, because she didn't even know about that until Patrick told her when Robin was "dead"...and Robert certainly didn't know about the hell Robin went through.)

• Love 4

I don't mind the Scrubs baby being named Robert too much. Anna named Robin for her father, the name being a diminutive for Robert. So a baby boy named Robert would be named after Robin as well. I would go with Malcolm Robert/Robert Malcolm for a boy or MacKenzie Robin for a girl. Wold Patrick have anyone he would want to name the baby after? His mom? That would be an option too. 

However, since they did name their first kid Emma Grace, I hope they forgo naming this baby after anyone as well. Let him/her have his own name. 

As long as the kid isn't named after Sonny or Jason, I'm fine with whatever.

Edited by Vera
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Thanks. I didn't recall that he had died. I loved him on ATWT when he played, Gunnar St. Clair.

I don't think he died. I guess he just couldn't/wouldn't come back. Or maybe they didn't even ask him.

I personally hate when people just name their kids after themselves or family members. Let kids have their own names! But I wouldn't mind if Robin named her kid after Mac. Hell, I don't really care either way lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Speaking of kids, Jason, don't you have a newborn and WIFE?

He was dropping something off. We've seen a lot of Jason with the baby and Sam. I don't think it's so terrible he leaves the house. 

• Love 6

He spent most of the past two weeks sitting next to Sam in the hospital and then hanging with his wife and kids at home.

I really hope that they get a nanny though, because Monica can't babysit a newborn, Alexis is still in recovery and that's the only way they're going to be able to leave the house

Edited by Oracle42

I don't think every soap kid needs to be directly named after someone.  That's how we ended up with Sabrina's stupid baby being named Edward, after someone she never even met.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Wasn't Aiden named by Nik before his paternity was straightened out? Naming him after Lucky seems like it would be in fairly bad taste, all things considered

Sort of - Nikolas was at Elizabeth's side when she suggested Aiden as a name, because she liked it (and they both believed Nikolas was the father at that time).  He agreed to the name, then reacted in anger when Helena objected because he didn't want her to have anything to do with the baby. 

I don't think all these babies should or need to be named after someone. It's just that I find it appalling Anna would immediately say "Robert" for Robin's baby if it's a boy, given the many years of parenting Mac did, because Robert hasn't been there. Anna and Robert have taken Mac for granted way too much. But of course Mac has been beyond gracious about raising and loving Robin in their place.  Right now Robin and Patrick didn't even ask for her input about the baby's name - Robin told her the news because she wanted to give her one more reason to fight to get well.

• Love 3

I am still pissed that the show gave Elizabeth all of these damned kids in the first place!  WTF was Guza thinking at the time?  Elizabeth should have pursued becoming a pediatric doctor after her first and second miscarriage and Cam should have died in the monkey virus story.   Elizabeth being the mother of a Quartermaine and Spencer due to her first love (JJ's version) and Liason makes sense do to their history on the show.  I have never wanted Elizabeth romantically involved with Nik due to their history and him being her first love's brother.  Gross.

FV, Jelly and Varni were so focused on trying to make greasy ass fetch Franco happened last year, that they dropped Jake's CI story, Sam's curse and what Helena left for Laura in her will.

20 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

I am still pissed that the show gave Elizabeth all of these damned kids in the first place!  WTF was Guza thinking at the time?  Elizabeth should have pursued becoming a pediatric doctor after her first and second miscarriage and Cam should have died in the monkey virus story.   Elizabeth being the mother of a Quartermaine and Spencer due to her first love (JJ's version) and Liason makes sense do to their history on the show.  I have never wanted Elizabeth romantically involved with Nik due to their history and him being her first love's brother.  Gross.

FV, Jelly and Varni were so focused on trying to make greasy ass fetch Franco happened last year, that they dropped Jake's CI story, Sam's curse and what Helena left for Laura in her will.

Were all of BH pregnancies written into the show? I know Elizabeth has all those kids but I didn't know if they needed to be wrtten in or not.

24 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Were all of BH pregnancies written into the show? I know Elizabeth has all those kids but I didn't know if they needed to be wrtten in or not.

No. The pregnancy with her first child was hidden (by big purses and other stuff). For her second pregnancy, GH had her in relationship with Ric and the ONS with Zander, she gave birth off-screen while Becky was on ML and Elizabeth returned to town with newborn Cam.  The Jake pregnancy was written for drama; Becky was not pregnant.  Her third pregnancy was hastily written in for the Lucky/Liz/Nik triangle, and Becky went on ML shortly after Elizabeth gave birth to Aiden.  

dubbel zout is right - Guza was lazy.

• Love 1

I thought he only wrote in the pregnancy for Cam? The others seemed like the inevitable results of a sleeping with two guys story and Guza wanting to create a biological tie for LL2

But I think that sharing custody with Lucky would have been better for both characters.

Edited by Oracle42
7 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I thought he only wrote in the pregnancy for Cam? The others seemed like the inevitable results of a sleeping with two guys story

Nope; Becky and the show have both said her pregnancies with her second and third children were written into the show. In the case of Aiden, they really wrote it in at the last moment because of when she told her boss(es) . I remember Dr. Lee had a line about "you didn't know?" to indicate she wasn't newly pregnant. The writing went from the news "Elizabeth's pregnant" to Becky being visibly pregnant in something like 2 weeks. 

Also, I just had a "Wow" reaction to Carly and Sam talking about Sonny-Nelle, and  Sam refers to her affair (and not mentioning the stillborn baby) with Sonny as a "5-minute romance." Sam has admired Sonny and Carly's relationship for years?!! Geez, well that explains a lot about her low bar for love.

And there is Sonny, telling Laura oh-so-dramatically, that Nelle is bad news so she should steer clear. *RME* She's just concerned about a little girl's safety, jackass. So, does Ava get a day off from crying and self-pity because Sonny's consuming all the self-pity for the day? I have to laugh at him calling Nelle treacherous - ummm, your own wife is far more treacherous than that young girl. Laura is the last person Sonny should be talking to about how you're "still standing" (guess he's forgotten everything he knew about her history) and you do remember she's spent 20 + years dealing with a psychotic woman targeting her family? I think she can more than handle Nelle. I like the preview of her telling Lulu that Nelle is the way to Charlotte. So, I guess he's not completely useless.

Becky's hair looks gorgeous, but damn does Elizabeth sound like a defiant teenager for someone who is SO NOT WORTH IT. Get thee to therapy, girlfriend. Hey Jason, if you're going to threaten to take Jake out of her house because of Franco, how about you volunteer to never do another thing for Sonny, and cut off all contact with Sonny and Carly.....seeing as all of Sonny's kids except for the toddler have been exposed to violence.  (And I say this as someone who despises Howarth's on-screen character and has no use for the actor, either).

• Love 4

"If Franco's going to spend so much time here, maybe Jake shouldn't." Ooh, is it time for another custody battle? It's been a whole five minutes since our last trip to family court, so I'm definitely ready for more! I hope Jake explains that the scarecrow drawing represents the Halloween costumes he and Helena once did (he was a scarecrow, Helena was Glinda the Good Witch).

Carly: pushes Sonny away because they're stuck in a terrible holding pattern of hurting each other. Also Carly: cries because Sonny agrees to some distance. My eyes: rolling to the back of my head. The issues between these two are completely over saturating the show, and I'm tired.

I can't believe they acknowledged Sam and Sonny's romantic past. Do you think PC residents play Six Degrees of Sonny's Dick?  Because I think that would be an easy task.

Wow, we're back to Ava's switcheroo with Morgan's meds. Slow clap for the writers, gestating this tidbit for six months. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Linny said:

Wow, we're back to Ava's switcheroo with Morgan's meds. Slow clap for the writers, gestating this tidbit for six months. 

The pacing of this is so horrible.  They're acting like Lucy found the pills yesterday, not months ago.

Some Serena mentions.  Did Scotty say something about her not coming home because of Lucy's drama?  Are we supposed to think they're fighting, because that doesn't match up with what we heard about Lucy visiting Serena a while back, that's why she couldn't be at Maxie's wedding.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I'm surprised Carly and Sam didn't share a laugh about Carly snarling that Sam looked enough like Brenda that Sonny (and Jax) would be fooled in the dark.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

No.  BH's first pregnancy with Ethan in 2001 was hidden.  Of course, BH really looked pregnant at the time, but the show did their best to cover her up most of the time.   Women have babies and it makes no sense that Guza and his team constantly chose to write in the pregnancy versus shooting an actress about the waist or have her carrying a huge purse.  

I am thrilled that ER's pregnancy is not being written into the show, because the writers can't seem to stop the baby rabie madness.

7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm surprised Carly and Sam didn't share a laugh about Carly snarling that Sam looked enough like Brenda that Sonny (and Jax) would be fooled in the dark.

I refuse to acknowledge this bullshyt. 

Sam and Cujo being friendly is wrong. Now Sam is reduced to a Carson popper. I hope she dies. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Also, I just had a "Wow" reaction to Carly and Sam talking about Sonny-Nelle, and  Sam refers to her affair (and not mentioning the stillborn baby) with Sonny as a "5-minute romance." Sam has admired Sonny and Carly's relationship for years?!! 

Y'know, when Guza used to ignore history to tell a stor I knew it was an intentional dick move. I think I preferred that.

Also? That super gross "5-minute romance" sure as hell felt like forever. Sleeping with his baby sitter actually would have been a million times less sleazy. 

Having said that, it's weird that they haven't mentioned the stillborn baby. I actually expected Sam to bring that up instead of Morgan during that scene with Sonny in the hospital

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

If I recall correctly, Elizabeth was written off during BH maternity leave.  It was a part of Lucky's coming back from the dead and Helena having brainwashed him.  Nick was trying to get back into his grandmother's good graces by him following her orders to kill Elizabeth.  He fake poisoned Liz over dinner.  After Helena saw Liz's "dead body" he had some of Sonny's men helped her go into hiding to keep her safe.  Liz and Nik did all of this to find out what Helena had done to Lucky so they could help him.  

I remember Liz's "death scene" because BH was SO pregnant and it really showed in her face. :) She looked so beautiful.

Speaking of GH actresses real life pregnancies, does anyone know when Kimberly Mccullough's baby is due?

Edited by movingtargetgal
27 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

write in the pregnancy versus shooting an actress about the waist or have her carrying a huge purse.  

Do they even need to hide the pregnancy?  With the exception of a handful of people who truly beleive that the people in their televsion are real, the majority of us can diferetiate between a pregnant actress and the non pregnant character she's playing.  I just wish the pregnant woman would be allowed to walk around and it wouldn't be discussed, the same as an actor's weight (other than SK obviously) doesn't get noticed or spoken about.  

31 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

am thrilled that ER's pregnancy is not being written into the show, because the writers can't seem to stop the baby rabie madness.

I wish they would have written it in, then we wouldn';t have this horrible charlotte custody, "MY DAUGHTER IS IN THE HOUSE OF A MURDERER" story.  It would just be "Lulu is pregnant" and that would be the end of it.  Baby Lante would disapear along with Rocco until such time as she/he needs a new kidney

• Love 4

I do agree that in this modern age with social media that they still hide an actress who is with child. LOL!!! Would it really make that much of a difference if the actress doesn't carry a large potted plant, a large purse or carry a coat in the summer? I mean it is 2017!!

There are still people who aren't on social media. Of course many of them are the same people who think the characters are real people lol! I think it can sometimes be a distraction to see a very pregnant woman when the character isn't pregnant, but I can generally look past it.

• Love 1