Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Sonny is so going to get away with murdering AJ, isn't he? Le Sigh.

Yep. And I will hate this show forever for it. I thought we were finally done with bad being good, and good being bad.

Shawn will still berate Jordan for letting the drugs get into PC and being sold to kids. Rafe's addiction is still her fault. And Shawn will get his widdle feelings hurt because Jordan didn't confide in him that she's undercover. Ugh. It's not going to make a bit of difference that Jordan is working for the DEA.

Sure it is -- she's working on the wrong side of the law. She's trying to put bad guys in jail, which makes her an evil person since we all know that Shawn thinks bad guy are good, unless Sonny doesn't like them.

Seeing Sonny and Shawn discussing Sonny sleeping with Carly was just awful today.  Like two frat boys talking about the girl they both had.

I know soaps habitually drop story lines and then pick them up again, but the middle of a kidnapping????

• Love 2

Forgot to mention the Pop-ups today. For a moment, I thought I was watching old school VH1. What the Hell was that?? How much money did they spend for those special effects? I guess we know where the paint budget went to.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 4

So far, Tracy's having a shitty week. She not only got fired, she got evicted and she got read for filth not once, not twice, but three times by Alice, Michael and Ned and I loved every moment of it, especially Ned. His putting Tracy on full blast for what she and Fluke are doing to ELQ was 1000% right, whether it was about Tracy's sabotaging the company on Fluke's behalf, their annulment being a sham, how disappointed Edward would be in her if he was still alive and how Monica would totally agree with Ned's decision to throw Tracy out on her ass. Like Ned said, Michael is Monica's last link to AJ and losing him too would destroy her, which is something that Ava would do well to remember.

So nice that we get yet another woman taken to task! It has been awhile since Nikolas publicly humiliated 2 women in front of a group of people, I was really beginning to worry, but I guess Sonny imprisoning Ava in his home counts for something. It looks like the fun will continue with Maxie over the Levi Dingleberry fiasco. Am I missing something, or are men regularly made to look like a fool as much as the women are,unless you know, the "men" aren't legally allowed to vote.

For all of Tracy faults, she doesn't want to take over ELQ (or take back) to run it into the ground, she wantsit because she believes that it is her birth right and already figured out that Michael is only deigning to run it, and doesn't passionately want it like her or even AJ. She has no clue that Fluke has bad designs on it, she thinks that he is supporting her, and is probably so overjoyed that someoneis one her side over ELIQ she is overlooking some red flags. And from what people know about Luke, that everyone seems to be forgetting right now, real Luke only wants to live off the largeness. He is more than content to live at the mansion, drinking good liqueur, smoking cigars and having Alice dote on him. I saw real Tracy for a moment when she went off on how Michael was completely in over his head.

Edward wasn't a "perfect" man nor a perfect father by any means, but IMO he more than atoned for those sins when he gave his life to save Emma's. Edward did what he did because it was the right thing to do, not just to cover his own ass, unlike, say, Sonny's role in getting Alice her new heart by bribing someone to be Mickey Diamond's sister, like that would even remotely make up for Sonny's killing AJ. Michael's firing Tracy was awesome, proving that he's not the total fool that Tracy and Fluke took him for after all-something that Sonny and/or Carly would do well to remember.

If Michael is too stupid to not recognize that Tracy would be worming her way back into ELQ to take it over, then he doesn't deserve the company.

I liked Edward, but if the man didn't play the mind games on his offspring like he did, then ELQ wouldn't be run by someone that didn't complete one year of college. Edward never accepted that Alan didn't want to run ELQ but Tracy did. He should have treated her more like Ivanka Trump, and less like Cersei Lannister.

It should also be noted, which was a nice ending to Tracy/Edward, that Tracy demanded that Edward take the serum that was created from her blood because she wanted him to live a huge change from the time she withheld his heart meds.

Edited by Ambrosefolly

Yep. And I will hate this show forever for it. I thought we were finally done with bad being good, and good being bad.

Sure it is -- she's working on the wrong side of the law. She's trying to put bad guys in jail, which makes her an evil person since we all know that Shawn thinks bad guy are good, unless Sonny doesn't like them.

Seeing Sonny and Shawn discussing Sonny sleeping with Carly was just awful today.  Like two frat boys talking about the girl they both had.

I know soaps habitually drop story lines and then pick them up again, but the middle of a kidnapping????

Remember when Frisco and Felicia saw each other for the first time in 20 years and that got dropped for 2 weeks? And Anna, Robert and McBain melted off Faison's face and then we didn't see them for a month? I feel like this is nothing, compared to those two instances. They shouldn't've had a scene of Olivia though, being all casual around town though.

• Love 1

I liked Edward, but if the man didn't play the mind games on his offspring like he did, then ELQ wouldn't be run by someone that didn't complete one year of college. Edward never accepted that Alan didn't want to run ELQ but Tracy did. He should have treated her more like Ivanka Trump, and less like Cersei Lannister.

Taking Tracy / Edward history musings to the '80s Viewing Party Thread ... because I can't control myself from finding, watching, and then sharing the Tracy-Withholds-Edward's-Heart-Meds scenes.

Shawn is as bad at pillow talk as he is at shooting people he's aiming at.

I like TeCa with her naturally wavy hair. It's gorgeous.

Michael is only deigning to run it

I don't think Michael is faking it. I think it's absurd that someone as wildly underqualified as he is is the CEO of what's supposed to be an international conglomerate, but that's soaps for you. That aside, I think he's genuinely trying to keep things going.

Nice to see Ned and Alexis together. 

• Love 4

I like TeCa with her naturally wavy hair. It's gorgeous.

Me too. They should leave it like that. (I think they should straighten Laura Wright's hair way less often too.)

• Love 2

My Gawd that was a tedious waste of an hour. Good thing there were so many small distractions to keep me entertained.

Julian: why were you buttoning your shirt up not unbuttoning it?

Jordan: That dress is gorgeous I hope imasoapfan tells me where to buy it.

Franco: Do you not own a comb, that little cowlick is distracting

Sonny and Shawn: You are both shameless fratboys. Someone needs to spray you with lysol

Carly: Aren't you a little old to talking boy trouble with mommy?

Patrick: yep still a douche, and could you be any messier at eating breakfast, b/c there is no way Emma the little lady left a mess like a 2 y/o at breakfast.

Silas: You have the hair of a greekgod, it is almost hypnotic....either that or your lack of interested in anything is making me sleepy.

Sam: always knew you were a bitch, way to let your jealously show.

Alexis: how do you see under those sheepdog bangs?

Ned: MEOW! Blue is your color. I'm just glad looking at you is enough b/c nothing interesting happened in that scene.

Fluke: Just cut your ear off already and go paint somewhere!

Rafe: Maybe he sold those diamond studs for $400. And lastly still bothers me.....why would Rafe carry a phone charger in his pocket??? That's more of a mystery than $400.

• Love 2

Well he's fool enough, imo, and Michael is the least threatening figure on the show. Spencer has more chutzpah by far. He was spoon fed information thanks to Alice, it wasn't as if that sleepy eyed bore would have had any idea of the truth otherwise or suspicions. I don't see what Carly and Sonny have to fear, all this Michael will do, if anything, is cry and feel "hurt" and then get over whatever happened.

Michael can easily hold his own.  He's bested pretty much everyone he's ever been in a fight with:  Keifer's father, the guy trying to rape Abby, one of the thugs who came to beat up Morgan, and even Morgan.  He was taught by Jason, and he's been shown to be able to fight.  It's part of his character.  He's just not loud about it the way Sonny and Morgan tend to be.  I actually find his low-key attitude more appealing because people underestimate him.  I can't wait until Michael finds out the truth, and I loved his scenes with Ned and him firing Tracy.  SHE'S the one that needs to up her game.  I miss the firecracker.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 5

I just hate how the show acts all, "OMG, Maxie and Lulu have been kidnapped, their lives are in epic danger, don't miss a second!".  And then drops the whole thing for a week.

And when they pick up the kidnapping storyline, will the storm still be raging, with Anna in her new England fisherman's hat, everyone in slickers, howling wind, crashing thunder and lightning? Radically different from the other serene Port Charles, where nobody's wearing raingear or commenting about the weather at all. Maybe Ron will explain it all by showing that it was really Maxie having a dream the night before her wedding.[/sarcasm]

I can't wait until Silas has to eat his damn words today.  I really hope Sam doesn't forget being berated by him for asking a few questions.  Please, the way Nina acted when Sam showed up had to send SOME alarm bells in that damn zombies head....I don't care how sweetly she says it, "MY HOME and MY HUSBAND" should at least give Silas a little pause.  Actually HOW she said it made it sound even worse.  Stupid, stupid stupid.   And gee, wonder what's gonna happen with the cell phone Nina just happened to leave behind in clear view?  Is it going to show a call to Rafe? (not a spoiler, just spec)   I don't care how dumb Sam acts (and she does) I will NEVER want her with that humorless soul crushing bore.

I know JT shaved, hope to see it fairly soon.  He looks more lumberjack-y every day.

• Love 2

Michael can easily hold his own.  He's bested pretty much everyone he's ever been in a fight with:  Keifer's father, the guy trying to rape Abby, one of the thugs who came to beat up Morgan, and even Morgan.  He was taught by Jason, and he's been shown to be able to fight.  It's part of his character.  He's just not loud about it the way Sonny and Morgan tend to be.  I actually find his low-key attitude more appealing because people underestimate him.  I can't wait until Michael finds out the truth, and I loved his scenes with Ned and him firing Tracy.  SHE'S the one that needs to up her game.  I miss the firecracker.

Of course he did, because Michael was Guza's pet and now he is Ron's. I don't think we will be seeing firecracker Tracy anytime soon because it would interfere with Tony Geary's edgy storyline that is pretty much in traction until Tony Geary recovers, which could be up to a year. Aside from Sonny getting him sent to prison and raped (and yes those are huge), Michael seems to be handed everything with little effort. The guy gets together with his younger brother's wife on the night of their wedding reception and everyone is pretty much poor Michael. 

When I say deigns to work at ELQ, I mean how it was used to describe Andi in relation in Emily in the Devil Wears Prada: he is a hard worker that cares about doing a good job but lacks the passion of Tracy (or even his father AJ). 

Tracy will continue to look stupid, Maxie will continue to look stupid, while the pet,er, the men tell the women what to do, how stupid they are being and rescue them from themselves. I will save my tirade about Anna vs Jordan for another post. 

Besides being able to physically take on someone is a bit different than outsmarting them. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly

Michael can easily hold his own.  He's bested pretty much everyone he's ever been in a fight with:  Keifer's father, the guy trying to rape Abby, one of the thugs who came to beat up Morgan, and even Morgan.  He was taught by Jason, and he's been shown to be able to fight.  It's part of his character.  He's just not loud about it the way Sonny and Morgan tend to be.  I actually find his low-key attitude more appealing because people underestimate him.

That's why I laugh when Fluke thinks it's no big deal to kill Michael. That's Mykill/Redrum/Demon, axe-killer extraordinaire you're talking about, Fluke.

Wait, has Nina known that Ava was in town all this time?

@TeeVee329  yeah . . . . she's still just working her way through her list before she gets to Ava, heh

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

@TeeVee329  yeah . . . . she's still just working her way through her list before she gets to Ava, heh

I can see why Nina's taking her time, considering Ava's role in what happened to her hardly compares to Sam and Kiki's. #eyeroll

Are we supposed to think Nina is this super schemer?  Because she's really kinda terrible at it.

• Love 1
Michael can easily hold his own.

Of course he did, because Michael was Guza's pet and now he is Ron's.

I don't know if I would call Michael Ron's pet (in fact I definitely wouldn't), but I definitely think if Michael and Morgan had another fight scene now it wouldn't be so one-handed. At the time that scene happened. they were trying to get us to root hard to the super insta love of Michael and Kiki. Now, not so much.

Wait, has Nina known that Ava was in town all this time?

I fully expect Nina to kidnap Ava's baby. The anvils have already started to fall. Franco will probably save it, thus leading Sonny to "allow" him to live.

I hate Sonny. I had stopped watching GH wholly because of Sonny, and only came back because of my heartbreak over the end of OLTL. I'm about to throw in the towel. Sonny and Shawn discussing Jordan and Carly was so crass. As is Sonny's vulgar bed-hopping. Who wants to watch that?

GH - Where the women are stupid, and the men don't respect them.  Vicky and Dorian would have no place here.

Edited by decogirl
  • Love 4
Michael can easily hold his own.  He's bested pretty much everyone he's ever been in a fight with

Being able to swing a fist has nothing to do with one's mental fortitude, imo and that was what I was talking about hence why I called him a "fool". A lot of people can physically fight, that doesn't matter in the cooperate world. Tracy continues to go on about how inexperienced and ill prepared Michael is to run the company and she's right. Unless Michael intends to literally strong arm investors or challenge them to a best two out of three arm wrestling contest next business meeting those supposed fighting skills won't help him jack all.

Tracy easily outwitted him and hardly had to try to do so, proven by the fact she was back in with the company and plotting, it was only thanks to Alice being her usual bumbling self who managed to overhear a conversation that derailed her plans. Tracy even had Ned fooled, though that was mostly wishful thinking on his part, but it's not like they were onto Tracy beforehand or keeping a close eye on her.

Michael is like Sonny to me, he's given far too much that he never earns or deserves to have, screws it up and then relies on every ass kisser around him to help him out or else he'd have nothing. He's as unimpressive and nonthreatening a figure on the show as Sabrina. A kid playing dress up in a big office who'd rather have sex with his girlfriend than run a business, he truly is Sonny's son through and through.

And the way Tracy is being written now, imho, is due to the fact that Ron gets his sick jollies making classic characters into buffoons. The real Tracy would have eaten Michael whole and spit out the bones months ago.'

So Julian knows Luke isn't Luke?  When did that happen?

Probably back when they first met. Julian has never had any reason to think this guy is the real Luke, merely that he's using Luke's face to get around PC, and Sonny and the rest, undetected.

Though that just makes it even more infuriating that Julian hasn't killed him already. Since he's well aware this isn't Luke Spencer Julian should have had no issue whatsoever putting a bullet in notLuke's skull when he "quit the business" and fed him to the fishes.

I'd agree, I think Ron's much more enamored of Morgan these days.

As good an example of going from bad to worse as any.

• Love 2
I'd agree, I think Ron's much more enamored of Morgan these days.

As good an example of going from bad to worse as any.

----

And it's already tiresome.

My secret twitter persona tweeting Ron about how awesome Epiphany stomping Mr Marbles was in exchange for Morgan becoming his favorite has finally worked! muahaha. 

Edited by ulkis

I don't think we will be seeing firecracker Tracy anytime soon because it would interfere with Tony Geary's edgy storyline that is pretty much in traction until Tony Geary recovers, which could be up to a year.

A Year? Has this been confirmed? I thought he was back in October? I feel bad for Tony but if he is gone for a year they need to move this story forward. Some one at Disney needs to tell Ron to give up on the Bill/Luke = Fluke thing and find another alternative

Being able to swing a fist has nothing to do with one's mental fortitude, imo and that was what I was talking about hence why I called him a "fool". A lot of people can physically fight, that doesn't matter in the cooperate world. Tracy continues to go on about how inexperienced and ill prepared Michael is to run the company and she's right. Unless Michael intends to literally strong arm investors or challenge them to a best two out of three arm wrestling contest next business meeting those supposed fighting skills won't help him jack all.

Tracy easily outwitted him and hardly had to try to do so, proven by the fact she was back in with the company and plotting, it was only thanks to Alice being her usual bumbling self who managed to overhear a conversation that derailed her plans. Tracy even had Ned fooled, though that was mostly wishful thinking on his part, but it's not like they were onto Tracy beforehand or keeping a close eye on her.

You think Tracy is stable?  You say Michael is a fool, but Tracy is smart? You think she's the stronger one emotionally?  She's being played like a flute by Fluke, and she's ignoring all of her instincts.  That's not strenth, that's being a tool.  She's taking Luke's side over her own son?  As for Michael's mental fortitude, neither Tracy nor Sonny nor Carly combined have benn through what that guy's been through, and he's still remarkably normal.  Do I think Michael is a corporate genius?  No, but neither is Tracy.  He is learning the business, and considering that he didn't buy Tracy's "Alice is on pain meds and doesn't know what she's talking about," AND he's been suspicious of Tracy since Alice first entered the hospital, tells me that she hasn't outwitted him.  He simply didn't have the proof he needed, which is why he kept trying to see Alice when he suspected something was up and Tracy kept trying to keep him away.

A Year? Has this been confirmed? I thought he was back in October? I feel bad for Tony but if he is gone for a year they need to move this story forward. Some one at Disney needs to tell Ron to give up on the Bill/Luke = Fluke thing and find another alternative

I heard he was back in October, not another year.  They can't keep this story on ice for another year.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 3

I have yet to understand what the big deal all of Nina's little shenanagins are. Sam keeps acting like she is some kind of major evil when she is just using some underhanded tricks to keep her HUSBAND. I mean she didn't do anything other than wake up from a 20 yrs coma to find her life passed her by. I just don't see why it matters that Nina gave Rafe money to leave town. If Rafe really didn't want to go when Dante, Molly and Sam confronted him the parking garage he could have stopped. How is the $400 any big deal?

It seems clear that Silas still has some feeling for his wife, it is not her fault she was in a coma for 20 yrs and I don't blame her for trying to steal her own husband back. I am just not sympathetic to Sam's anger. I would think if she'd been in a coma and came back to Jason she'd try to get him back too.

Sam acts like Nina is some evil enemy when really it was Sam's own lack of faith in Silas that ended them, plus she seems to have some amount of interest in Patrick so to me she just isn't all that into Silas but is mad that Nina is winning her own husband back? Makes no sense.

What is Nina really trying to do to Silas, trick him into having a baby with his own wife whom he isn't repulsed by anyway.

• Love 1

They can't keep this story on ice for another year.

I think they could if they wanted to.  Its been a year since Connie's murder and that still hasn't been brought to light fully.  They had the Robin story on ice for pretty much a year too.  They put Robert in a coma and the story went away for months. 

This show is great at having people disappear and stories just stop cold.  Its why I believe RC and his team are bad storytellers.

Edited by ch1
  • Love 1
It seems clear that Silas still has some feeling for his wife, it is not her fault she was in a coma for 20 yrs and I don't blame her for trying to steal her own husband back. I am just not sympathetic to Sam's anger. I would think if she'd been in a coma and came back to Jason she'd try to get him back too.

I keep waiting for her to see herself in Nina.  After all, this is the woman who, when Jason was with Liz, did things like sitting back and watching a woman kidnap their baby (and then taunting Liz that her baby was probably dead) and hiring thugs to terrorize her and her kids in the park.  If she just starts thinking like her old self, she should be one step ahead of Nina at all times. 

Are we supposed to think Nina is this super schemer?  Because she's really kinda terrible at it.

LOL. She hasn't schemed about anything except faking needing a wheelchair. And that's small potatoes. Everything else she's used has basically fallen into her lap.

• Love 2

I don't get the appeal of Nina either.  Franco is actually more interesting now that they are having him be less "kind" and getting jealous and I'm seeing more of the old Franco.  Nina, otoh, is just very boring imo.  I don't consider her dangerous or threatening, and she's an intensely annoying character.  I loved that Sam basically told her to take a hike.  "I'm Rafe's family by marriage so I have a right to hear what you have to say."  Please!  

I do like Franco with Nina but only because I want Franco to blow up Sonny and Carly's world with the secret regarding AJ.  I also like Franco with her because they have no history.  Nina on her own, however??  BORING.  She is not a compelling character, and she has WAY too much screen time.  We're back to the Nina show, and I'm still waiting to see what happened with Nathan, Maxie, Levi, Dante, and Lulu.  How many days of Nina have we had versus how much follow through on the kidnapping?   I wish I could say that Nina and Silas do it for me, but they don't.  I don't care.

• Love 3

I prefer to think of him as George. George Baldwin, just a decent guy trying to make a living. He used to be an artist, but lost it in the stock market. Now he's resorted to art therapy, keeping secrets, and losing to Sonny.

We can all see the annoyance in this. Hell, Carly's kids are annoying.

• Love 3

I have yet to understand what the big deal all of Nina's little shenanagins are. Sam keeps acting like she is some kind of major evil when she is just using some underhanded tricks to keep her HUSBAND. I mean she didn't do anything other than wake up from a 20 yrs coma to find her life passed her by. I just don't see why it matters that Nina gave Rafe money to leave town. If Rafe really didn't want to go when Dante, Molly and Sam confronted him the parking garage he could have stopped. How is the $400 any big deal?

It's not a big deal. Nina's not a big deal. But she is deceitful She wants a baby with a man who told her he's in love with someone else and she is willing to drug him and give him no choice. She wanted to get rid of Rafe for her own protection, she wasn't being kind or generous. Silas cheated, yes he's a douche but he doesn't deserve to be raped. IMO that's what it would be if she drugs him to get pregnant. Does she even know if she's still fertile? I FF a lot of her so IDK if she realizes she's almost 50 years old, physically. It's a soap so that doesn't really matter, I guess.

If it's not a big deal to her, why wouldn't she tell them? As a schemer, I find her pretty ineffectual. Lucky but ineffectual.

• Love 3

I prefer to think of him as George. George Baldwin, just a decent guy trying to make a living. He used to be an artist, but lost it in the stock market. Now he's resorted to art therapy, keeping secrets, and losing to Sonny.

I know it's helping some people get through the show, but I can't get on board with "George Baldwin".  Ron made this particular bed when he decided to have Roger Howarth play Franco the SERIAL KILLER as opposed to anyone else ever so he has to lie in it, AFAIC.  I'm not giving him an out by pretending he's somebody more bearable.

And honestly, I liked Roger Howarth as Todd too, but he's not exactly getting a pass from me either.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

What is Nina really trying to do to Silas, trick him into having a baby with his own wife whom he isn't repulsed by anyway.

Her first attempt wasn't so much "tricky" as it was "rapey".  She drugged him and was planning on sexing him up without his full consent.  That's rape, even between married people who aren't repulsed by one another. 

• Love 10
IDK if she realizes she's almost 50 years old, physically. It's a soap so that doesn't really matter, I guess.

Sometimes I think Nina doesn't realize twenty years have passed. She's still acting like a young woman—her baby voice is driving me insane. (Particular pet peeve of mine.) You'd think Rosalie, with all of her "keepin' it real" talk, would be the one to bluntly tell Nina that she's probably too old to have another baby, at least with any ease. Maybe that's where the baby-stealing will come in.

But, soap. So I'm surprised Alexis hasn't had some worries because she's late. Menopause? What's that?

I'm not giving him an out by pretending he's somebody more bearable.

Seriously. Franco is a SERIAL KILLER. A different name isn't going to change that.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6
You think Tracy is stable?  You say Michael is a fool, but Tracy is smart? You think she's the stronger one emotionally?

I didn't say she was stable, who on this soap is? I said she outwitted/outsmarted Michael by finding a way back into the company, tricking him into thinking she'd left notLuke and Michael bought it. I don't see what her emotional state has to do with whether or not she came up with the right plan to get back into ELQ, because obviously her plan did work.

I've said numerous time I don't see this Tracy as the real Tracy, I even mentioned so in my earlier post. Ron is writing this Tracy as a joke, a silly woman being played to death by an asshole she supposedly can't recognize for the imposter he is. But that aside Tracy still bested Michael and if not for Alice the kid would have remained just as clueless as usual.

He is learning the business, and considering that he didn't buy Tracy's "Alice is on pain meds and doesn't know what she's talking about," AND he's been suspicious of Tracy since Alice first entered the hospital, tells me that she hasn't outwitted him

I agree that Alice is the reason Tracy got booted, but that had nothing to do with Michael's own rational thinking that Tracy has been lying or tricking him from the start. Tracy's behavior with Alice since her heart attack was a huge red flag, if Michael hadn't picked up on something then I'd be calling him something far worse than a "fool" at this point. I said Michael gets/needs help from outside sources and if he didn't he'd get nowhere on his own, that part of the story, imo, only proves the point.

Though at the end of the day the whole of those scenes this week just irked the hell out of me: Tracy being fired, yet again, Michael being Michael, Ned kicking his mother out, Kiki fish mouthing her "shock" over things, notLuke treating Tracy like something he stepped in, per usual, all disgusting, just disgusting nonsense.

Seriously. Franco is a SERIAL KILLER. A different name isn't going to change that.

But at least when he was a SERIAL KILLER he was doing something, now he's just a waste of space. He's like a declawed cat, at least when he was killing people he had a purpose: he was killing people.

Now what good is he? He mopes around in love with Carly? Teaches people how to paint? Whines about his "daddy" when he remembers who he is? Wants to be besties with the Nina? And I have to say the whole of their elevator scenes together have never made me wish more for an elevator cable to just snap in half, nothing good about them, not even in the slightest.

And on top of all that, Roger just isn't...good at any of whatever the hell it is that he's doing, as far as I can tell. Either he's bored or he really wishes he could still be Todd right now I don't know or care which, but since they decided to make him Franco it's been a colossal failure of a recast, imho. Not only has he never even attempted to be the Franco of old, the Franco of new is a boring nonentity.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 6

Her first attempt wasn't so much "tricky" as it was "rapey".  She drugged him and was planning on sexing him up without his full consent.  That's rape, even between married people who aren't repulsed by one another. 

I realize if she would have followed throught it would be rape, but it was almost like she had this ill conceived plan to trick him and it didn't work out. I never got the feeling she really meant to rape him b/c she still could have had sex with him after Sam left but it was like her heart wasn't in sexing up a passed out man. It was like she thought it would just loosen him up and got more than she bargined for. I never really felt she meant to rape him b/c she never followed through despite it still being an option. He just went to his room she could have followed if she truely meant to rape him. So I still say it was more just shenanigans on her part.

If the sexes had been reversed, if Silas had done to Nina what Nina did to Silas, I don't think anyone would be dismissing it as shenanigans.

I dunno why Ron had to introduce another rape-tinged plot point that's never going to be addressed when there's already one in play (Fluke sleeping with Tracy).

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

If the sexes had been reversed, if Silas had done to Nina what Nina did to Silas, I don't think anyone would be dismissing it as shenanigans.

I dunno why Ron had to introduce another rape-tinged plot point that's never going to be addressed when there's already one in play (Fluke sleeping with Tracy).

I guess it must just be me, but when something doesn't happen I just don't see how it can be held against the person like it did. This to me is the same as Nik not sleeping with Britt. I don't hold it over his head like he cheated on Liz or something when he stopped himself twice and didn't ever have sex with Britt. Or if Carly had just kissed Sonny and didn't sleep with him I wouldn't hold it against her either.

Many times thinking you could do something in your mind and actually following through with it are two different things, if it didn't happen despite the situation still being there for it to happen I just don't hold it against someone. Now if it didn't happen b/c the situation gets blocked but it would have happened had that not gotten blocked that is a different thing entirely.

I can't claim to know her heart but I think she would have raped him if Sam had not interrupted. That's not just a whoopsie, to me. But like I said, she's ineffectual.

I agree, if she could have somehow managed to shehulk his ass to the bedroom she would have ordered Rosie to clean off the PC general store shelves of any and all pregnancy tests by now.

Silas escaped the Nina, imo, she didn't just change her mind about trying to rape him she was thwarted. And even now she's still plotting, so she hasn't changed her mind, she's seemingly trying to change tactics.

I guess it must just be me, but when something doesn't happen I just don't see how it can be held against the person like it did

For me the fact that she had planned to rape him is still a pretty big deal.

She did go as far as to drug him and she was attempting to have sex with him, per her plan, and considering that Silas was drugged and incapacitated enough to not know what the hell was going on or happening to him, it would have been rape and it would have been wrong, but the Nina didn't care, she wanted to get pregnant.

That is what I hold against her. What she was trying to do with Silas was wrong, disgusting, vile, and inexcusable.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 6