Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

If I cared about this Maxie/Tree thing I wouldn't be happy with KSt right about now. Maxie didn't look at all happy about marrying that inanimate object. And those flashbacks only highlight how shallow this relationship is. 

Really don't understand why it's so hard for Jelly to make sure all of the important people attend these big events. Sam was in this episode but not in the wedding and Dillon was on two episodes ago and had scenes with Maxie.

Too bad BA wasn't available when these scenes were filmed. I like BB but the Spin/Maxie scenes didn't really mean much to me today. I didn't feel any connection between them.

Why did Lulu think she had a right to tell Valentin to leave someone else's wedding and why did she think he would actually listen to her? Would be great if she could get over herself for one hour. 

If Julian had Freako killed Sam might stop hating him. Even if she doesn't thaw he should still have him killed.

STFU Andre.

Valentin or Julian should have Dr. Terrorist killed because reasons. She's so worthless and her shtick is tired. 

I'm already ready for Olivia Jerome to be murdered. Valentin can take care of her since Julian apparently can't do his job properly. 

I don't appreciate Olivia and Ned's son being targeted because of Julian. 

re the previews: I'm preparing myself to have multiple rage blackouts thanks to Liez. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5

I started wondering during today's show, which the clock assured me was as long as all the others but seemed four hours long, if the reason I like Kiki is just because she isn't Maxie or Lulu.

Then I started thinking, wow. The ostensibly "adult" (at least, bigger, and capable of bearing children) versions of these characters have been around for twelve years.  

Suffice to say, I found almost every moment of those wedding scenes intolerable. All I enjoyed in the preparation or the actual event was the scenes between Dante and the Tree. It was one of those cases where it seemed maybe the actors like each other, and it bled in. I came to that conclusion because it was a nicer moment then the onscreen relationship I've seen between the characters (one of whom is barely a character) supported.  

• Love 1

The wedding and all of its silly prep seemed like a kid's show being produced in the barn on a rainy day.

I hope the the Show isn't going for the familiar rape scenario again, this time with Anna and Valentin.

The new mean boss lady resembles Ava, which gives food for thought.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
2 hours ago, rags said:

OMG, that was ridiculous! But, I really liked the way KMc played that scene. Her expression's were like, "Lady, don't touch me or my daughter!" And you know that wasn't on the page. That was all Kimberly.

Not just Kimberly.  Finola and even Brooklyn gave some appropriate expressions in the background.  Anna clearly remembers, and so does Emma, it seems!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, bannana said:

I feel like we are going to find out Andre is some kind of master criminal.  Otherwise, I don't get the way he is acting.

Andre continues to try to control Jordan and interfere with her personal and professional decisions. He still isn't honoring the boundaries between him and Jordan. He acted like a brat when she left the wedding early to join with Curtis in interviewing Curtis's witness Buzz, even though she is police commissioner and had a perfect right to be pursuing that angle.

• Love 1

Y'all, I just watched some clips and this "Olivia [Jerome] made Julian do it" angle is hilarious. It's the same story as him and Fluke, only worse! Did Fluke not know about Olivia?! Did Julian really have to go for the gusto trying to slit Alexis' throat? It's incredible and pathetic all at once. Kill him and end this.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

She looks so pitiful. Is it finally sinking in that she's agreed to spend the rest of her life with a tree? 

That's probably why she's keeping her own name. Maxie Tree sounds kind of awful.

• Love 4

I think she was going for touched/sentimental

I think touched/sentimental worked up in the Crimson offices when she found out what Nathan and the girls had done.  I think touched/sentimental works when she's getting off the elevator and sees Nathan with the blindfold (and those hideous decorations), but by the time they're being introduced as Mr & Mrs, touched/sentimental should be replaced with joy and celebration and happyness and giddiness and "I can't wipe this smile off my face".......

I can't tell if KST just didn't know how to play it or if she's so depressed/sick that she just can't hide it anymore.  Which, if that's the case, then someone behind the scenes needs to step in.  

• Love 4
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Wow, Julian is getting the rewrite: Olivia admitted to Ned that Julian loved his kids. 

I was like, "Damn, they're giving Julian the Sonny treatment," when Olivia said that. This is all so bizarre. I feel like someone hates Julian and wanted him gone, but then someone higher up who likes Julian stepped in.

I forgot to mention my fave part of yesterday's ep: When Dr. O busted in and Nathan just went, "Well, damn." I howled with laughter and immediately rewound to watch it again. RP's terrible acting actually made that line reading perfection.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was like, "Damn, they're giving Julian the Sonny treatment," when Olivia said that. This is all so bizarre. I feel like someone hates Julian and wanted him gone, but then someone higher up who likes Julian stepped in.

I was all "dude", when Julian started going on about how maybe the boss better watch out for HIM. He's proven completely controllable twice! Sadly, Sonny may be more formidable at this point.

• Love 7

While it is totally great that they now are covering up real life pregnancies, I wouldn't mind if they wrote in KMc's pregnancy. Robin is married, her character lives away from Port Charles so that and her baby wouldn't be featured at all. 

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I was all "dude", when Julian started going on about how maybe the boss better watch out for HIM. He's proven completely controllable twice!

That was hilarious. Threaten one of his kids and Julian folds immediately. Not that I blame him, but the tough talk is undercut a bit when you do that.

• Love 2

I kind of wondered why Olivia who owns part of the hotel wouldn't open a daycare in the building where she and employees with children can just bring their kids there and leave them for the day. 

Also, why did they make the whole who is pulling Julian's strings such a mystery? I didn't even recognize her when the camera panned on her face.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I kind of wondered why Olivia who owns part of the hotel wouldn't open a daycare in the building where she and employees with children can just bring their kids there and leave them for the day. 

I thought there was something like that at the hotel, or maybe I'm confusing it with the Mommy and Me yoga?

Leo wouldn't be any safer at daycare, however.

36 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That was hilarious. Threaten one of his kids and Julian folds immediately. Not that I blame him, but the tough talk is undercut a bit when you do that.

I don't even think they need that much. Threaten to slash his tires, Julian will cave.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also, why did they make the whole who is pulling Julian's strings such a mystery? I didn't even recognize her when the camera panned on her face.

I used to work in a high end hotel/resort and it had a children's program for everyone, mostly the hotel guests. It would be a good draw for the hotel.

I used to be annoyed when Obama would preempt GH, but now all I feel is nostalgia. I'm going to miss him.

Also, I realized it has been several days since we've seen Franco. Let's pray he's smothered himself with the bubble wrap by now.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

What?! Since when does Ned have a son? Also, didn't he and Olivia just get back together in fall (2016)?? 

Ned isn't Leo's bio father, but that's a technicality that doesn't need to be acknowledged. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Ned isn't Leo's bio father, but that's a technicality that doesn't need to be acknowledged. 

Oh, okay- I thought I missed something important. But I don't go along with that way of thinking, because Sonny and Carly had that mentality about Michael re: not acknowledging bio father AJ. I remember Sonny flat-out telling his sister (when she visited him for his birthday): "AJ is nothing to Michael."  Carly and Olivia did not have ONS's with strangers; they had known AJ and Julian for some time - long enough to be aware of their backgrounds and families. I feel sorry for Leo and Michael for who their mothers are (and in Michael's case, having Sonny as a father role model), but not for Olivia or Carly. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think Frank just detests him/WDV and always has. And I think the network's mild interest in their most vocal if small fanbases has saved him multiple times. Don't forget, when he was first hired Ron and Frank intended Julian to be short-term.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I was all "dude", when Julian started going on about how maybe the boss better watch out for HIM. He's proven completely controllable twice! Sadly, Sonny may be more formidable at this point.

Let's not forget how tough Julian was on 100-year-old Luke the crime boss! I still don't understand how that works with this retcon, not that the Fluke/Julian angle was good either. I still can't get over Julian and Jordan calling him "Our Boss" for months because they didn't even know his fucking name (or an alias)!

Can someone explain the Anna/Valentin thing to me? She knows who he is but she doesn't remember? What?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Can someone explain the Anna/Valentin thing to me? She knows who he is but she doesn't remember? What?

Yeah, she saw that he had a picture of her so she was trying to find out, and Andre put her under hypnosis and she remembered they were in the WSB together, or he knew her during those days. And she was trying to figure out what happened between them and that's the memory she had yesterday.

15 minutes ago, CookieBud said:

I'm wondering why I ended up with the Thanksgiving episode today?

Thank you for this! I'm watching my recording now and Maxie is asking Dante and Lulu if they're getting married TODAY. My immediate thought was, 'wait, didn't they already get married again a few months ago?' At least I haven't lost the rest of my mind...yet.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Well, I think when they met, she said something about him seeming familiar, but it was only when she started the hypnosis/found the picture did she figure out they knew each other BITD.

Yeah, I messed up, she didn't know him. It was the picture that tipped Anna off.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Yeah, I messed up, she didn't know him. It was the picture that tipped Anna off.

I think she was saying he seemed familiar before that. Like from day 1. But what do I know, I forget things from this show the second they're off screen!

I am actually into this Anna/Valentin story though. I'm sure I'll be over it before they finally get around to revealing all the details though. Or that the details will suck.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I can't believe how little plot progress has happened since Thanksgiving. Nelle is up to something and there is still no progress on that sl.

In fact. Monday I could not tell if the show was a repeat or not.  I had to think if MLK day was a holiday in the US that they would show repeats for.  There was the Michael/Nelle same stuff, Sonny's whining, a Maxie/Nathan wedding, a Robin appearance.  Honestly it took me 20 min, the only thing that twigged me was the new Spinelli and I realized I hadn't read anything about that yet on this forum so it must be new.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

If I cared about this Maxie/Tree thing I wouldn't be happy with KSt right about now. Maxie didn't look at all happy about marrying that inanimate object. And those flashbacks only highlight how shallow this relationship is. 

The flashbacks did nothing for me.  But they did prove how much better KSt. looks with a fuller face, and less than six months of black roots.  She really looked great after having her baby.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Lillybee said:

I hope that it is not just me, but Andre sounds like Dr. Ben Carson.

Oh God, that must be it.  I really don't like the character, but the other day I realized his voice almost nauseates me.

17 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

The wedding and all of its silly prep seemed like a kid's show being produced in the barn on a rainy day.

I hope the the Show isn't going for the familiar rape scenario again, this time with Anna and Valentin.

The new mean boss lady resembles Ava, which gives food for thought.

I'm completely confused by the whole scenario.  We're supposed to believe Valentin and Anna are peers?  Plus, Anna was trained when she was very young, which would make Valentin a grade schooler.  And now a rape scenario?  Valentin seems very sure that he was Anna's victim, which would be incredibly interesting.  Please don't go down the rape route again.  But this is Rape Hospital, so I won't be surprised.

5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Dear president-elect Trump: Please don't follow in your predecessor's footsteps by scheduling 'news' conferences at 3 pm ET. Talk at 12 or 1. Or 4. Thank you.

Word is that Obama's mother-in-law is addicted to a soap show on another network and has forbidden him to have interruptions during that time slot. So during his tenure our show has been the one preempted. Am hoping that everyone in Trump's family isn't interested in afternoon TV.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ulkis said:

"Julian" is completely miscast IMO and always has been. He's never been interpreted by the actor or director as a tough bad guy who made his bones and could kill people as if they were flies. This Julian is like a genial Dean Martin who hums ballads to son baby Leo and practices putting golf balls on his office shag carpet. When he at last showed some Bad Guy by threatening to slit Alexis's gullet, it was easier to believe that he was Faison in a mask rather than a Mob Honcho.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

Soooo...Mean Boss Lady is Julian's sister, Olivia St John, daughter of crime boss Victor Jerome, and Ava's sister and Kiki's Aunt. In the past, apparently Julian tried to kill her. She is said to have stalked Duke/Dewq Lavery and caused Anna Devane to miscarry when Anna fell in a booby-trapped elevator meant for Dewq.  Anna was put on trial for Olivia's attempted murder but was later acquitted. Does the reappearance of this character mean that Anna's ties to Duke are being resurrected, or just that Anna will just intensely hate this Olivia? Moreover, Anna appears to be getting more and more into a story with Valentin Cassadine. Will that story loop back to the Olivia Jerome StJohn/Dewq history, or is the Show planning to drop the Cassadine complication to pick up some Dewqery of the past?

What about the other Olivia (Falconeri), Baby Mama to Julian's son Leo who is currently on the canvas? Will two characters named "Olivia" on the show cause confusion, Writers? Does Mob Boss Olivia St John know that she has just threatened her own nephew Leo who is now in the hospital with suspected aspirin poisoning, and other Olivia Baby Mama is comforting him?

Oy, I feel nauseated, and not in a good way.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
GH writers mess
  • Love 4

Well, I've lucked out with no new show for today!

And out of everything I really want for this show to fix it, if I can pick just one thing story wise to happen, then I'm torn. Either the whole Liz/Franco shit was just a nightmare and it never happened or Griffin isn't just some sad useless sad sack and he actually works for Valentin. I could be thrilled with either outcome.

And why the hell can't the show write in KM's pregnancy? Her character is 99% off screen now. The character is married. Why not? Plus it lends the writers an excuse for Robin and/or Patrick not to be in town for some event. Kid is sick or has some sport or academic thing at home. So Patrick couldn't come.

And yeah. Jack shit has happened in months on this crap fest. Jesus. We still have no damn idea of Nelle's plan or reasoning.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, stlbf said:

And why the hell can't the show write in KM's pregnancy? Her character is 99% off screen now. The character is married. Why not? Plus it lends the writers an excuse for Robin and/or Patrick not to be in town for some event. Kid is sick or has some sport or academic thing at home. So Patrick couldn't come.

I think if they do, it'll be the next visit. I think it would have kinda distracted from Maxie's wedding to drop that she's preggers at that same time.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

I think if they do, it'll be the next visit. I think it would have kinda distracted from Maxie's wedding to drop that she's preggers at that same time.

Meh. All Robin would to do is just have a touch of morning sickness in front of Maxie (alone) and have her tell an elated Maxie that she is expecting. Maybe have her say that Anna and Patrick know already. That she is waiting until after the wedding to tell everyone else. That could be a super sweet scene for the Scorpio Jones girls.

Instead we get Lisel's freakout. People stupidly forgetting who the hell at the wedding is ordained to marry couples. And contrived crap to make Julian a decent parent.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, stlbf said:

And contrived crap to make Julian a decent parent.

Speaking of Julian, it's crazyballs how the families mainly showcased on this show, and those we're supposed to love and sympathize with, are the Jeromes/Cassadines/Corinthos.

It's so maddening. I miss watching a genuine family that wasn't about mobsters and murderers. 

• Love 11

I read the Valentin/Robin shit rumor. I'm even more ecstatic to NOT be watching this shit. These hacks had better not go there, though. Or I'll be actively rooting for cancellation. (More than I am.)

These hacks are the anti-Midas even without any such rumors. Everything THEY touch turns to shit.

• Love 2