Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

They're trying to stretch out the filler as long as possible I guess before Sam gives birth.

What's supposed to happen after Sam gives birth? Sam and/or her child in danger for the billionth time? This show doesn't want to do anything different ever.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

What's supposed to happen after Sam gives birth? Sam and/or her child in danger for the billionth time? This show doesn't want to do anything different ever.

Or right before Sam gives birth, I suppose. 

Now now, the show wants to do different things. Just with Franco. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Or right before Sam gives birth, I suppose. 

Now now, the show wants to do different things. Just with Franco. 

I refuse to watch Victim Sam. Can't do it. I'd rather watch Michael in a relationship.

• Love 1

Uh, did I miss something? How did Nathan strain his back? Maybe if he had some clothes on his body would have had some traction.

Is Valentin supposed to be genuinely into Nina after two seconds?

Dear whoever wrote this script: It's just "Ukraine" now, not "the Ukraine", and it's "deep-seated", not "deep-seeded".

Is Valentin Voldemort? Since he burned down his old orphanage and all.

• Love 3

How did Nathan strain his back

Teeny, tiny, 98 pounds soaking wet Maxie shoved him and he went flying across the room like she has Supergirl powers and bumped into the couch.  

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm trying to understand why every JaSam scene is a letdown. They won't give them anything. They should have had a nice baby reveal scene today, but instead, it falls so flat. I need them to have a fight about something, too, before I officially FF them.

I think the issue is that they can not share a scene without talking about or be interrupted by Sonny, Carly or Morgan and their issues.  Today they were having an intimate moment, finding out the sex of their child, and Curtis calls about Sonny's case just when they were about to open the envelope.  As I have said before, the writers need to get JaSam out of the Corrinthos orbit.  Sam is a Cassidine and Valentine not only killed her cousin but is a current threat to her, her mother, her sisters and her cousin's son.  She and Jason should be all up in this mystery but no they are too busy worrying and being apologist for the Corrinthi trio of doom.   

• Love 9

I laughed when Jason and Sam seemed so taken by surprise at the chance to find out if they're having a boy or girl.  Sam, this isn't even your first pregnancy.  How is this something you seem to have not even considered (let alone had a conversation with Jason about) before you had an ultrasound probe pressed up against your belly?  And, Lord Jasus, enough with the matching black leather jackets.  

I remain unable to take these "could Charlotte be my embryo" scenes seriously given the age issue.  

I see they're all in on being gratuitous with the nearly naked Nathan to ignore the whole "dude can't act" elephant in the room.  I'm surprised his conversation with Dante wasn't in some previously unseen PCPD sauna.  Or maybe they could have had them go get massages together to talk about Lulu's baby rabies and Maxie's Maxie-ness.  

Why is Liz's rapist still wandering around town (and, apparently, tomorrow we'll get to play "will he rape Kiki")?  Ugh.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, KerleyQ said:

I'm surprised his conversation with Dante wasn't in some previously unseen PCPD sauna.  Or maybe they could have had them go get massages together to talk about Lulu's baby rabies and Maxie's Maxie-ness.  

I would have been cool with that. (Also, maybe it was also supposed to distract from the goatee. Sorry, didn't work!)

Sometimes I'm surprised Frank hasn't had the location of the town randomly changed to southern Texas or something, so they won't have to bust out winter clothes anymore.

• Love 4

I want Lulu to find out Charlotte is hes and then for Charlotte to immediately be killed. I'm not sorry.

Would be nice if Sam and Jason could get a real story. You know, like Sam doing PI work that doesn't involve Sonny or Jason finding a career or coming up with an elaborate plan to kill Freako and frame Ava/Kiki/Sonny/Julian/DNAJ.

The Maxie/Tree scenes were pointless, as usual.

I'm not sure what's going on with Valentin and Nina but I'm not necessarily opposed to it. At least she seems somewhat normal with him and he isn't a gross rapist serial killer. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I want Lulu to find out Charlotte is hes and then for Charlotte to immediately be killed. I'm not sorry.

You know, UK soap "EastEnders" did just that lol.  Granted, the secret child was, like, 20 or so, but yeah, mother realized who daughter was, they saw each other, daughter went to cross the street and BAM, she got hit by a car and killed.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

You know, UK soap "EastEnders" did just that lol.  Granted, the secret child was, like, 20 or so, but yeah, mother realized who daughter was, they saw each other, daughter went to cross the street and BAM, she got hit by a car and killed.

I'd be fine with that. Except it should be Rocco. Sorry Rocco. And then I could buy Dante resenting Charlotte cause he sees her as a "replacement" he didn't want.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'd be fine with that. Except it should be Rocco. Sorry Rocco. And then I could buy Dante resenting Charlotte cause he sees her as a "replacement" he didn't want.

*shrug* Send Rocco to live with Britt.  He'll enjoy life much better as Ben.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

This is so funny to me for some reason. I'm rude.

8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Charlotte, Rocco, Lulu, and Dante can all die. When the show finally gets cancelled JMB can come back and we'll find out Helena faked their deaths and Claud goes back to Canada to live with Claud. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

*shrug* Send Rocco to live with Britt.  He'll enjoy life much better as Ben.

26 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Charlotte, Rocco, Lulu, and Dante can all die. When the show finally gets cancelled JMB can come back and we'll find out Helena faked their deaths and Claud goes back to Canada to live with Claud. 

Now you too* are just being mean to me! :(

*oops I meant two. I guess it could work either spelling!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She was blackballed from the DAR, so I think she has some free time. ;-)

In the Fall (4th installment) of Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, on Netflix, JMB - with high society hair and make-up and wearing a sexy dress - for a few minutes played a young trophy wife trying to get into the Daughters of the American Revolution. She did a good job reacting to Kelly Bishop's Emily outburst with the DAR ladies. Hilarious.  Carolyn H., who still plays attorney Diane on GH, was also in that scene as one of the DAR ladies who is judging the young trophy wife. She gets mad at Emily for the outburst....I wonder what it was like for Julie and Carolyn to be on another set, acting together again after years. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2

I looooove Diane!  Wish she was on more.  I really liked her and Max.  Wasted opportunity IMO.

Don't watch GG but I'll have to YT that ep.

Can I take Curtis home with me?  Pretty please?  I'll take really good care of him......

Man is fine as wine.

• Love 2

I was wondering if Valentin's "I can't control the weather" to Nina was supposed to be a nod to Mikkos history, or to wacky writing that viewers were willing to roll with back in the day.  

Then a couple minutes later, when Nina returned drenched, it reminded me of the Valentin actor letting Jerry get drenched on Seinfeld. "Haven't you ever heard of an umbrella? Nothin's workin' out for you, is it?" 

The point is, I try to find anything else to think about besides what's actually on.  

• Love 3

I'm beginning to think Valentin is somehow going to be revealed to actually be Stavros or something.  For reasons, Helena, commercials.

Stupidest scene of the day*: Jason and Sam acting like Dr. Lee asked them if they wanted matching bikini waxes.  Yes, let's be shocked your gyno, at an ultrasound appt, asks if you want to know the sex of your kid.  Idiots.

*And considering today included a scene where "we both have blonde hair" was used at a claim to parentage, that's saying something.

• Love 4

What a nice surprise to actually see Kelly Lee. I also liked that she and Sam hugged.

"I know Charlotte's not my child. I can accept that." I don't think you can, Lulu.

If it's pouring rain, why weren't Nathan and Lulu soaking wet? Was it only raining on Spoon Island? (Not that that would surprise me.)

• Love 2

Last time she had an appointment they discussed the fact that they'd be able to determine the baby's gender at the next appointment.

I don't think it's humanly possible for these writers to care less about this show.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, OhioSongbird said:

I looooove Diane!  Wish she was on more.  I really liked her and Max.  Wasted opportunity IMO.

Don't watch GG but I'll have to YT that ep.

You can still see GG on Netflix, if you like.  FYI, Carolyn H./"Diane" was in another DAR scene in AYITL (prior to judging young trophy wife), because Emily had a gathering of the group in the backyard (or whatever they call it) at the Gilmore Mansion. You may have seen a moment of it in promos - Rory arrives and that is the DAR group's cue to leave. 

This Lulu/Charlotte plot is beyond dumb. Has one conversation with her and decides that she must be her mother. Who does that. 

Too much Nina.

Now Jason all of a sudden decides he cant move after being the one who wanted to go in the first place. I can see where this is going.

• Love 2

Are they REALLY going to retrofit all those setup scenes with Julian, FlunkyduJour, and Morgan stealing Julian's car so that Julian *intentionally* put a bomb in his own car and *intentionally knew* that Morgan was going to steal it?

They were smoother when they insta-reconned MyKill from smothering AJ with a pillow.

10 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I was wondering if Valentin's "I can't control the weather" to Nina was supposed to be a nod to Mikkos history, or to wacky writing that viewers were willing to roll with back in the day.  

If not a nod, I fully expect Valentin to have a mini-weather machine on Spoon Island.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Are they REALLY going to retrofit all those setup scenes with Julian, FlunkyduJour, and Morgan stealing Julian's car so that Julian *intentionally* put a bomb in his own car and *intentionally knew* that Morgan was going to steal it?

Not to mention, then why did Julian hire Curtis to find out what happened?  This is a lot of tap dancing to once again make Julian the BIG BAD and Sonny an innocent lamb.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, backhometome said:

This Lulu/Charlotte plot is beyond dumb. Has one conversation with her and decides that she must be her mother. Who does that. 

Someone who knows they have had their eggs scattered all across the country, I guess.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

What I got is that the bomb was intentional, but Morgan's involvement was completely accidental and unwelcome. (Much like Morgan himself.) Julian hasn't wanted to tangle with Sonny in a long time. However:

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think the idea is that Julian's UBER BIG BAD BOSS is the one who tried to kill Julian?

This guy might not care if trying to kill Julian means Sonny goes after him at the same time.

Not that it makes any of this interesting.

• Love 5

That reminds me of a "Law & Order: SVU" where a woman (Lea Thompson) was obsessed with this young girl. kept approaching her, plotted to have her kidnapped, etc..  At first, everything thought it was grief because her own daughter had been killed, but it turned out this wacko fertility doctor had taken her eggs and used it for this other couple and it was really this biological yearning she was feeling.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I'd take that wacky writing over the dreck they've been spooning out for the last half decade or more.

• Love 1

Now we've got four characters, two of whom are detectives (!) unable to do basic math and are willing to go on road trips and to Wyndemere to question a Cassidine to see if there's any way Charlotte could be Lulu's Embryo Baby. 

I don't care that they aged up Rocco to try and make this make sense. It doesn't. If Charlotte was supposed to be passed off as Nathan or Griffin's, she's too old to be Lulu's child made from the frozen eggs. 

• Love 7

I'm 99% sure that "Your daughter needs you" call Liz placed was to Naomi (yes, I know she's in jail, but I doubt the writers remember) and not to Jeff, though we're clearly supposed to think it's Jeff, which is a crappy tease.  And if she IS calling Jeff, that being the way they have Liz confront this truth with her dad is pretty bad soap.

I hate this Franco-centric Tom Baker story (a character with Franco's history being pitched as a protector of all women is ick), but I did like the Quartermaines talking about what he did to Emily, Dillon being the one to exposit about that history to Kiki, etc.

• Love 2

How nice of this show to give us a few lines about the Quartermaines hanging a wreath and mourning at the family crypt, but devoted entire scenes to Hayden and her bucket list. Great priorities.

Gotta love how the "baby Cassadine" file was tossed casually at the bottom of the filing cabinet. What a great hiding place! The date on the file was May 2009; is it at all possible for Lulu's eggs to have been stolen that long ago?

I also enjoyed how the doctor saw right through Lulu's lie and speed dialed Valentin for instructions. That's a henchman who is going to earn his holiday bonus.

Edited by Linny
  • Love 4

Lulu is an idiot. So is Maxie. 

Also, the writers having an older doctor comment twice to a patient's face about being unmarried and possibly pregnant is  just .... sickening. How Maxie didn't go off on him for the "good news is you won't be showing at your wedding" comment just blows my mind. IRL, can a doctor get a reprimand from some board for saying that? 

Liz is clearly feeling lonely/family-less to want to have some sisterly connection with Hayden. Blech.

The one good thing: Dillon reflecting on Emily's life and tragic death. Then Kiki goes and ruins the moment with "Emily, Morgan.."

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Liz is clearly feeling lonely/family-less to want to have some sisterly connection with Hayden. Blech.

Her line about her and Rebecca Budig eventually being able to treat each other like real sisters made me roll my eyes.  Hey Liz, you already have a sister, her name is Sarah, maybe you should call her and/or your mom and tell them about your new relation.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm 99% sure that "Your daughter needs you" call Liz placed was to Naomi (yes, I know she's in jail, but I doubt the writers remember) and not to Jeff, though we're clearly supposed to think it's Jeff, which is a crappy tease.  And if she IS calling Jeff, that being the way they have Liz confront this truth with her dad is pretty bad soap.

I don't get how Jeff became an untouchable character they can never recast. Because the last dude was on MacGyver?

• Love 7

Gotta love how the "baby Cassadine" file was tossed casually at the bottom of the filing cabinet. What a great hiding place! The date on the file was May 2009; is it at all possible for Lulu's eggs to have been stolen that long ago?

RC gave Lulu baby rabies as soon as he started, but 2009 is still too early for a "Cassadine baby" file that used Lulu's eggs. Plus, the idea that there's both a Stavros/Lulu embryo and a Valentin/Lulu embryo is both stupid and disgusting

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't get how Jeff became an untouchable character they can never recast. Because the last dude was on MacGyver?

If they can recast Jason Morgan, they can recast Jeff Webber. They don't want to, because that would give Elizabeth a family member onscreen.

The guy playing Maxie's doctor is Andy Umberger!

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I personally don't think Jeff is untouchable, I just think he's a big enough character that we would have heard if they had recast him.

• Love 2