Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Tracy and Laura were great today. It was so nice to hear Laura thank Tracy for having a good influence on Lulu (and I wish the Tracy/Lulu relationship hadn't been marginalized in recent years). Tracy and Laura could both use a friend, so I'd love to see more of the two of them. 

Wow, Franco faced repercussions for his actions. I'm amazed. Heather seemed as unenthused by Franco as I am. The blank expression on her face when he walked in is exactly what I look like when I see him.

It's one infidelity, one divorce, and a severe case of baby rabies too late for me to care about cutesy Dante/Lulu scenes.

Noooo, Kiki! I swear, they better not go there with her and Tom.

• Love 5

Tracy shoving Laura out the door and telling her to 'go have fun' amused me. It had a big sister encouraging a younger sister vibe to it. 

I like Griffin being kind/showing concern for Elizabeth. Their easiness together and her just being honest is refreshing in contrast to horror that is Franco and Liz.  I assume Franco's going to beat or kill Tom now, over Kiki.

Nina going off on Nathan and Maxie about Valentin, then storming out came off like a just-turned-18-year-old being defiant of her parents. 

• Love 4

How? How does this show feature engaging scenes like Tracy/Laura, Laura/Kevin cuteness, Kiki taking an interest in her future, Dillon/Kiki slowly rebuilding, Tracy pushing Dillon to go after Kiki while at the same time having the clusterfuck of Franco/Tom going on?

How can one aspect be genuinely GOOD and soapy and the other be offensive and gross as shit?  Or pathetic the way Anna/Valentin are?

But Kevin/Laura and Laura/Tracy were SO GOOD. It was astonishing that the women had a conversation and Luke's name never came up and wasn't even hinted at. They talked about Lulu and friendship and drank and Laura opened up about her and Kevin. It was SO NICE.

Flash to Franco/Tom and the Monster vs Monster clunky bullshit while Liz is still sidelined and basically mute in her own storyline.

WTF?

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, Linny said:

Noooo, Kiki! I swear, they better not go there with her and Tom.

Was this interchange a setup for yet another plot point rape on this show? Tom looks like he is in a trance. Is rape becoming a rite of passage for young women and some men on GH?

Why didn't Monica stick to her first impulse of firing Liez's toady Franco for fighting in the halls? He's only suspended for two days. What a laugh.  I wouldn't be surprised if Tom returns under court protection to his GH job, because all the witnesses know that not only did Freako start the physical fight, but also yelled death threats against his rival. Liez apparently feels that Freako's loyalty is a sop to her ego, because she isn't laying down the law for him and his strange aggression.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
Realized that men AND women are routinely raped on GH.
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I like Griffin being kind/showing concern for Elizabeth

I really like Griffin and Elizabeth together, which means they'll never happen. Or they will be, but Elizabeth will get trashed for luring a man of God away from his vows, never mind that Claudette beat her to the punch a decade ago.

6 minutes ago, Vella said:

Or pathetic the way Anna/Valentin are?

SO BORED.

2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ending the show on a "Will this young girl be raped????" cliffhanger is pretty gross.  And it's the second time they've done that with Tom now, the first being his cliffhanger buying Alexis a drink.

So klassy. Once again, Show: RAPE IS NOT A PLOT POINT.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

WTF with all the visitors and well-wishers to the Lante home, when everyone  in Port Charles knew they had just remarried and were likely celebrating a second honeymoon? Did the visitors hope to get a front seat on the action?

So Laura was suddenly naked under that fur coat, standing at Kevin's door to flash him? If so, she may be lucky that Tom the Rapist was following someone else (Kiki). It was out of character for Laura to agree to such a childish dare, set up by Tracy. Kevin betrayed Laura's trust in the near-distant past, and he doesn't deserve to expect sexual capitulation from her. His browbeating to make Laura feel guilty for hesitating was unfair and churlish. Tracy's baiting of Laura to pull such a stunt was ugly with a leering quality about it. So much for smarmy "cute" that might appeal to the likes of Howard Stern or locker-room chatters.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

Monica is the episode's MVP. Making Kevin dress up like Santa, then bringing up Emily, then kicking Franco out. And ha at Griff and Liz not speaking a word in Franco's defense.

Liz shoulda dumped Franco on the spot when he freaking dived after Tom after Tom was walking away from them. Heather's face is mine when it comes to Franco.

Go Laura, that was decently spontaneous of her. Although they could have gone to the effort of not having Lulu and Dante's doorway double as Kevin's. I love that Tracy lent her her coat though. And well Tracy the reason you and Laura never had a drink was because you let a crusty old cretin get between the two of you, not that I'm complaining now.

There should have been a shot of Alexis creeping behind Lante's wedding stash of booze.

Did I miss when Dillon repaired his friendship with Lulu? Oh, off-screen GH, you prankster you.

Nathan just needs to leave Nina to her horrible taste in men. (Seriously, Silas, Franco, and Valentin, that's pretty bad.) Also, still with the Ava "Jzerome" pronunciation? Also, maybe people wouldn't treat Nina like a child if she didn't speak in a cloying childish voice.

Also, holy boobs ahoy with her in the scenes in Kelly's.

All in all, decent episode.

Previews: Wow, horrible make-up job on Julian.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

I would love to see Laura and Tracey have regular meetings of the "I survived being married to Luke Spencer club".  Jane and Genie have such great friend chemistry.  It would be great to watch these two women support each other as they each move on from Luke/Fluke.  Also if Luke should ever return to PC, one could kick the other in the butt if they start to weaken at the hands of Luke's "charms".  Can you imagine Tracey having an intervention for Laura.  She could bring in Holly, Anna and Felicia to remind Laura of what a selfish piece of crap their mutual ex is.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Vella said:

Flash to Franco/Tom and the Monster vs Monster clunky bullshit while Liz is still sidelined and basically mute in her own storyline.

WTF?

I was annoyed that Liz felt bad she hurt Franco's feelings after she was just being honest about him acting a violent asshole. But Griffin, Monica, and Liz had nothing to say in his defense so I wasn't as annoyed as I otherwise would have been.

2 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I would love to see Laura and Tracey have regular meetings of the "I survived being married to Luke Spencer club".  Jane and Genie have such great friend chemistry.  It would be great to watch these two women support each other as they each move on from Luke/Fluke.  Also if Luke should ever return to PC, one could kick the other in the butt if they start to weaken at the hands of Luke's "charms".  Can you imagine Tracey having an intervention for Laura.  She could bring in Holly, Anna and Felicia to remind Laura of what a selfish piece of crap their mutual ex is.

I want a scene with Anna/Laura/Tracy/Alexis/Bobbie/Monica chatting and gossiping. Nina can stay home.

• Love 5

Oh, I forgot: someone needs to tell Kiki Michael hasn't wanted to be around her pretty much the moment he find out she lied about AJ. This wasn't a thing that started with her dumping Morgan.

Also, I'm wondering, if they cared, if they would give Dante the same "how dare u" attitude towards Kiki about dating Dillon that Carly and Michael had or would he just be like "yeah she'll probably cheat on him too eventually so whatever".

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Also, still with the Ava "Jzerome" pronunciation?

It's the fancy, French pronunciation.

9 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Can you imagine Tracey having an intervention for Laura.

This could go the other way as well. Luke was awful to Tracy for a lot of their times together.

Also, I'm wondering, if they cared, if they would give Dante the same "how dare u" attitude towards Kiki about dating Dillon that Carly and Michael had or would he just be like "yeah she'll probably cheat on him too eventually so whatever".

Dante doesn't get too involved in his siblings' personal lives, so I'd think he wouldn't really care that much. He'll lend a sympathetic ear and make the occasional arrest, but otherwise? He seems to steer clear, wisely.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

I refuse to watch this shit. How the fuck is Franco suspended for two days while Tom is fired for what he did to Emily? If that is the basis for getting fired, then Franco shouldn't even be allowed anywhere in town after what he did to Monica's son, grandson and daughter in law.

This show is so bad.

• Love 13

I would be more disappointed about the Tracy/Lulu relationship being sidelined if JMB were here. 

I hate that Tracy is encouraging Dillon to go after Kiki instead of telling him to find some self esteem and find someone better. 

Anna is pointless.

So Tom is fired for a crime he served his time for but Freako the rapist serial killer who hasn't paid for any of his crimes is allowed to roam around the hospital and work with children? This is just a plot point for Tom to attack Liez or Kiki in anger so Freako can come save the day and prove he was right about him all along. Fuck this show. Also, I can't believe these idiots thought it would be a good idea to end on another "Will rapist Tom strike again" cliffhanger. Fuck this show again. 

• Love 13

Like I'm super confused on Franco and the Liz/Franco relationship. Are we supposed to to rooting for them? I think we are, but like then they write Franco the way they did today and have Liz saying she doesn't know if he's reformed or whatever and honestly I'm just at a complete loss as to how we're supposed to be taking this. 

Besides everything Franco, the 'will Tom rape Kiki' cliffhanger, and Lante (which I just didn't watch because boring), I actually really loved this episode. 

So, listen, I don't care, I like Nina. I mean her story is like sorta kinda not horrible, which is good for this show. And sure MSt is OTT, but for me it's usually UCG anyway.

I don't really know why because I actively hate Anna now, but I'm intrigued by whatever is going on with her and Valentin. The scenes with her and Nina were super hilarious. FH's face after Nina left was so funny.

I still like Dillon/Kiki I don't care. And I'm also mildly interested to see where this thing with Kiki and a career goes. I'm just full of UOs today!

I was super happy when Monica said Franco had to go, but then it was just a 2 day suspension and I was like, "fuck you!" And then he was acting all butthurt over it and I basically just wanted to pull my hair out. Again, how the fuck are we supposed to be taking this story?!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Like I'm super confused on Franco and the Liz/Franco relationship. Are we supposed to to rooting for them? I think we are, but like then they write Franco the way they did today and have Liz saying she doesn't know if he's reformed or whatever and honestly I'm just at a complete loss as to how we're supposed to be taking this. 

Freako is the dangerous bad boy type that Liez loves. All he needs is the lovin of a good woman (LMAO) like Liez to help him change his ways. They're going through some struggles right now but they'll get past them, ok? PLEASE DON'T DOUBT THE EPIC LEAKO LOVE. 

7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I still like Dillon/Kiki I don't care. And I'm also mildly interested to see where this thing with Kiki and a career goes. I'm just full of UOs today!

Fuck Kiki!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:

Freako is the dangerous bad boy type that Liez loves. All he needs is the lovin of a good woman (LMAO) like Liez to help him change his ways. They're going through some struggles right now but they'll get past them, ok? PLEASE DON'T DOUBT THE EPIC LEAKO LOVE. 

The sad thing is I really think this is how the writers are looking at it.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Dante doesn't get too involved in his siblings' personal lives, so I'd think he wouldn't really care that much. He'll lend a sympathetic ear and make the occasional arrest, but otherwise? He seems to steer clear, wisely.

I don't think he'd go seek them out, but Dillon obviously went there thinking Dante and Lulu were going to be home, so I was just idly wondering what his reaction would be if Dillon brought Kiki along. 

28 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

I refuse to watch this shit. How the fuck is Franco suspended for two days while Tom is fired for what he did to Emily? If that is the basis for getting fired, then Franco shouldn't even be allowed anywhere in town after what he did to Monica's son, grandson and daughter in law.

This show is so bad.

Honestly, Monica kicking him out was more than I expected. I don't know why the hell Franco expected Griffin to stick up for him. 

https://twitter.com/yesiamsirius/status/804402587697025024?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

How the hell did everyone on set keep a straight face?

• Love 3
23 hours ago, rur said:

Except that the hospital didn't hire Tom. The contractor  (or probably subcontractor) who tries to give ex-cons a break hired Tom. And except for the fact that he had to show up as a plot point for Franco, since the work is occurring on a different floor, chances are he could have worked there for the length of the project and never run into Liz. IMO Franco's the only one out of line. 

RC and FV have done nothing but sully the hospital with the likes of Dr. O, Franco and Tom Baker.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Oh, I forgot: someone needs to tell Kiki Michael hasn't wanted to be around her pretty much the moment he find out she lied about AJ. This wasn't a thing that started with her dumping Morgan.

Actually, it did.  He was okay with being around her during Avery's custody battle and actually didn't say a bad thing about her.

3 minutes ago, Michel said:

Actually, it did.  He was okay with being around her during Avery's custody battle and actually didn't say a bad thing about her.

Let me have my dreams! ;)

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

RC and FV have done nothing but sully the hospital with the likes of Dr. O, Franco and Tom Baker.

Can't blame RON for bringing back Tom Baker. Ron's been gone for over a year already. But overall I agree, and we can definitely blame frank!

• Love 1

I think I figured out why I've already checked out of the Anna/Valentin story, because it's basically just another iteration of the same storyline Anna's been getting for the past two years - Anna investigates a shady dude who's come to town and maybe he wants to bone her or she wants to bone him.  First Sloane, then Paul, now Valentin.  I'm over it.  

7 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Can't blame RON for bringing back Tom Baker. Ron's been gone for over a year already.

True.  But it's also the sort of thing I could see Ron doing, i.e. bringing back Powell and Zach during the KAD Killer story on OLTL to try and paint VicTodd in a better light.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think I figured out why I've already checked out of the Anna/Valentin story, because it's basically just another iteration of the same storyline Anna's been getting for the past two years - Anna investigates a shady dude who's come to town and maybe he wants to bone her or she wants to bone him.  First Sloane, then Paul, now Valentin.  

It never goes anywhere. Sloane got shot by Paul, Paul is in jail, and Valentin has some dumb reason he's taunting Anna. Zzzzzz.

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was super happy when Monica said Franco had to go, but then it was just a 2 day suspension

I loved how Elizabeth and Griffin just looked at each other when Monica asked if anyone could say Franco didn't attack Tom first. 

Tracy and Laura were really fun to watch. More of this, please. I also liked that Laura thanked Tracy for looking out for Lulu while Laura was a wig on a stick. Laura's scream when she saw Kevin dressed as Santa was great.

Julian's road rash tomorrow is hilarious. Clearly, Makeup has completely given up.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Julian's road rash tomorrow is hilarious. Clearly, Makeup has completely given up.

They shouldn't have bothered if that's what they were gonna do.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

There must be some sort of contest among the writers to see how gross that story can get.

The SID commercial that ran during the show was about how Liz would react to Franco's "dark side."  Um, I'm pretty sure his "dark side" is not breaking news to Liz (or anyone else in town).  I cannot even understand what they're going for here or why any mag would be encouraging it instead of calling it out for the unholy fucking fail it is.  

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, ulkis said:
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

They shouldn't have bothered if that's what they were gonna do.

It looked like WdV stuck his hand in a jar of red paint and smeared it on his forehead.

Dear Liez, Please open your freakin' eyes and consider the hottie ex-priest doctor.  Look at hottie ex-priest doctor.  Now look at Franco, greasy psychotic "art therapist". 

It would also give Griffin something to do other than lament the kid he thought was his for 10 minutes, or following Anna around.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Dear Liez, Please open your freakin' eyes and consider the hottie ex-priest doctor.  Look at hottie ex-priest doctor.  Now look at Franco, greasy psychotic "art therapist". 

It would also give Griffin something to do other than lament the kid he thought was his for 10 minutes, or following Anna around.

I think the Griffin/Elizabeth scenes we've been getting are for just that reason -- to set Elizabeth up with him later once everything with Franco blows up, which we all know it will.  It's actually amazing that everyone thinks we're supposed to side with him over Tom.  I think the scenes with him were very much telling us that the real Franco, the truly violent monster, is still in there, and is going to come roaring back in a big way.  I don't think we're supposed to root for or feel sorry for him at all in this story.

Edited by Michel
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Michel said:

I think the Griffin/Elizabeth scenes we've been getting are for just that reason -- to set Elizabeth with him later once everything with Franco blows up, which we all know it will.  It's actually amazing that everyone thinks we're supposed to side with him over Tom.  I think the scenes with him were very much telling us that the real Franco, the truly violent monster, is still in there, and is going to come roaring back in a big way.  I don't think we're supposed to root for or feel sorry for him at all in this story.

I hope you are right. Griffin/Liz could be really cute. I have been let down before though (Ewen, Matt), so I don't expect anything good to happen in Liz's love life.

• Love 6

Barware-throwing scenes:

I guess the Zero_tolerance rule against violence in the hospital came into play after Monica's son threatened and tried to choke/punch Franco multiple times because Liz and/or Sam (not the other times Jason went into "apologize or I will hurt you" mode).

And Tom Baker moving from Alexis to Liz to Lauren with "he's still an evil rapist-oh wait, fakeout", this cannot be repeated enough:

17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Show: RAPE IS NOT A PLOT POINT

Also, Nina's gushing over Valentin, dismissing Ava's account how he shot and killed Nik and held people hostage because Ava is the lyingest liar who ever lied, despite multiple corroborating witnesses , including her brother and future sister-in-law, therefore the opposite is true, and Valentin is the sweetest most kind and gentle man EVAH...... *sigh* I've seen too much of this "I'll believe my feelings over your own eyes" crap this past year....

On the plus side, this is the kind of chop-logic that a 20-something enamored over a handsome man with a similar sob story would embrace, and Valentin hit all the right buttons for Nina who was in a coma (and a bed) for 20 years. But..... didn't Nina visit Valentin in jail and call him out on his BS after aaannnnndSonnyandJasondefeathimin10seconds?

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Also, Nina's gushing over Valentin, dismissing Ava's account how he shot and killed Nik  … 

On the plus side, this is the kind of chop-logic that a 20-something enamored over a handsome man with a similar sob story would embrace, and Valentin hit all the right buttons for Nina 

I do like how it seems so obvious that Valentin is using Nina while she seems so oblivious -- it's what makes a good soap villain. 

But I also hope that every.single.thing. that Nina told Anna about Valentin was a lie, since WSB super-agent Anna was so transparent in her intentions when talking with Nina in Kelly's. Anna's supposed to have questioning skills beyond those of a 13-year-old girl. In fact, I hope Nina tells Valentin exactly what she told Anna, just so he can create a false history that includes those facts. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Michel said:

I don't think we're supposed to root for or feel sorry for [Franco] at all in this story.

I disagree, vehemently. Franco had a tumor! He couldn't help it! Tom, on the other hand, is pure, unmitigated EVUL.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Clearly, Makeup has completely given up.

Everyone has.

1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

Also, Nina's gushing over Valentin, dismissing Ava's account how he shot and killed Nik and held people hostage because Ava is the lyingest liar who ever lied, despite multiple corroborating witnesses , including her brother and future sister-in-law, therefore the opposite is true, and Valentin is the sweetest most kind and gentle man EVAH...... *sigh* I've seen too much of this "I'll believe my feelings over your own eyes" crap this past year....

It would work better if Nina just didn't care that Valentin killed Nik. I mean, why would she?

24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I disagree, vehemently. Franco had a tumor! He couldn't help it! Tom, on the other hand, is pure, unmitigated EVUL.

Exactly. There is no doubt in my mind we're supposed to root for Franco. But then there is a small piece of me that wonders if at least one of the writers gets that Franco is shit because so much of the writing shows that and I can't see how the writers don't get that.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

there is a small piece of me that wonders if at least one of the writers gets that Franco is shit because so much of the writing shows that

I think they think they're addressing the problem by pointing out how awful Franco is—yet look at how heroic he by trying to save Liz from her rapist! He's not a bad guy after all! No. No, no, no, no, no, no.

• Love 7

I don't think we're all supposed to be rooting for Franco. I think the writers are trying to acknowledge/cater to the segment of the audience that thinks Franco sucks. I don't know if that's the right strategy for them though. They're better off just writing whatever they want for Franco - I think they'll get more people to like him that way.

If this is what they want to write for Franco though, then I don't know what to say.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think the writers are trying to acknowledge/cater to the segment of the audience that thinks Franco sucks.

That's true. They're most likely just trying to have their cake and eat it too. Which never works, but is particularly glaring in it's awfulness when it comes to Franco.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Freako is obviously something Jelly are incapable of dealing with so they should just kill him dead and ban RoHo from ever working on the show again. Problem solved. 

Woman, are you Gloria Monty reincarnated?

• Love 1

Pretty boring day when my main takeaways are:

A) Jason sucks for not suggesting that his pregnant, shivering wife go inside (instead of standing outside with him in the cold for an extended time). Was the point that they're both wearing black leather jackets?

B)  Sam leaning against that brick divider thing/having it between her and Jason while they talked was a really weird directing choice.

Kevin and Laura are sweet together. But Nina should NOT be the leading kiddies and "Santa is late" should never come out of her mouth. Ugh. Her dress is pretty, though.   

P.S. There's a cliffhanger of Kiki being followed yesterday, today no follow-up. That's GH for you.

• Love 4

^^ Didn't Jane Eliott leave the first time because of Gloria? 

22 hours ago, ulkis said:

I was annoyed that Liz felt bad she hurt Franco's feelings after she was just being honest about him acting a violent asshole. But Griffin, Monica, and Liz had nothing to say in his defense so I wasn't as annoyed as I otherwise would have been.

I want a scene with Anna/Laura/Tracy/Alexis/Bobbie/Monica chatting and gossiping. Nina can stay home.

I turned it on today to find myself freaked out just a wee bit when seeing Laura in bed - nekkid - with a man.  I no longer watch.  (Sonny is sexing on some youngish woman)? I'm the same age as Genie and seeing all her neck wrinkles and chins when laying down really bothered me.  Never a character that had that many topless bed scenes, I still picture Laura in bed waiting for Luke for their first time together.  Geary stopped going topless when he was in his early 50's. It's not a bad idea, though I bet Kristina Wagner looks terrific. 

It felt like SO much Sonny and Carly blah blah-ing at each other today, with everything else getting scraps.  And what a lame way to end the episode/week, with Carly "But THE VIOLENCE!" Corinthos threatening to kick Ava's ass in the previews.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6