Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Sam was grabbing her belly and groaning, but all the doctor said is that she is right as rain, nothing wrong, yadda yadda. Something must have caused the discomfort.

The baby takes after her and its stiletto heels were poking her in the cha-cha. 

• Love 10

Obviously Mercy is a low-grade cheap ass hospital. 

I think it's a car wash in disguise.  I think they used this set before, back when Ava was dying in New York.  Good times.

Seriously, who signs off on a letter as "your father"?  Are we back in the Victorian era?

Yes, Alexis is a drunk.  We get it.  Could those scenes be longer and more boring, please?  It's as bad as when they used to do a song montage, and everyone has to stand around looking wistful.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, ciarra said:

Yes, Alexis is a drunk.  We get it.  Could those scenes be longer and more boring, please?  It's as bad as when they used to do a song montage, and everyone has to stand around looking wistful.

Word.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The baby takes after her and its stiletto heels were poking her in the cha-cha. 

Omg, I need the crying from laughter emoji right now!! Thank you Cheyanne! 

Sam: "I swear, I feel sharp points! Owwwww!! What in the world is this kid doing?!"

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Sam's story for the next few months is basically going to be "Look what happened to her today!" Sigh. Let her DO something, show. I don't even care if it makes no sense.

Has Sam ever really done anything though besides that time they thought KeMo might leave and when she accidentally killed Jax's dad with the magic cards?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Has Sam ever really done anything though besides that time they thought KeMo might leave and when she accidentally killed Jax's dad with the magic cards?

It got worse since Frank, but you have a point. I was gonna say, "At least she's not hospitalized all the time." But she's back at it this year. 

• Love 1

Instead of giving Sam stupid ass boring ass pregnancy complications again how about she shoot Freako? That would be riveting. Even dealing with Alexis' lame drinking problem would be better than this.

So now if Nelly turns out to be scheming it will be because of her Super Mean father? Pathetic. This character is even more worthless than she already was. She can catch a bullet at any time now. 

I wish Nelly's letter had said "End of Letter" at the bottom.

LMAO so now Valentin is into Nina after knowing her for an hour and hooking up once. K. 

Another snoozeville episode. 

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Darklazr said:

I don't remember Jason sexually assaulting a woman or made one believed she was raped.  Sonny is a slimeball and Franco should have remained dead. 

Well, no, but Jason did snicker at the notion of Jax being raped when Carly told him. Franco hasn't done that.  Franco also didn't betray a friend and steal that friend's child, and then spend the next couple of decades preventing that child from having a relationship with his father.

I don't need them to do the EXACT same thing and check them off on a list to know each one is vile in their own special way.  GH spends oodles of time selling Jason and Sonny as romantic leads and often, heroes. Well, why shouldn't the same happen to Franco? It's following a well established pattern of taking a vile, remorseless character and making him part of a brand spanking new romance, complete with a fresh coat of whitewash. I just don't see any real difference between Luke or Sonny or Jason or Franco. Throw Carly in there too.  If they're going to go there with Sonny and Jason, it's not out of bounds for them to do it with Franco either.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I wish Nelly's letter had said "End of Letter" at the bottom.

^^^^^^^ This had me laughing until I choked!

I needed the laugh after this crap day and evening. Thanks!

TFGH did nothing to improve my day.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Vella said:

Well, no, but Jason did snicker at the notion of Jax being raped when Carly told him. Franco hasn't done that.  Franco also didn't betray a friend and steal that friend's child, and then spend the next couple of decades preventing that child from having a relationship with his father.

I don't need them to do the EXACT same thing and check them off on a list to know each one is vile in their own special way.  GH spends oodles of time selling Jason and Sonny as romantic leads and often, heroes. Well, why shouldn't the same happen to Franco? It's following a well established pattern of taking a vile, remorseless character and making him part of a brand spanking new romance, complete with a fresh coat of whitewash. I just don't see any real difference between Luke or Sonny or Jason or Franco. Throw Carly in there too.  If they're going to go there with Sonny and Jason, it's not out of bounds for them to do it with Franco either.

Jax's rape never got the honest treatment that the whole subject deserved. Listening to Carly bitch and complain about "Jax Cheating on her" was sickening. I wish that Liz could somehow find out about the whole thing and just call bullshit on how Carly, Jason and Sonny treated Jax. Would they ever say that she enjoyed her rape experience?  Maybe Michael could chime in with his thoughts on the matter. 

Franco. Well, he did kidnap newborn Aiden and intended to allow his wackjob mother raise him. Shit, Franco isn't a blood relation to Liz or Lucky. But he is Liz's half brother's half brother. Jason and AJ were half brothers.

And yeah, the holy trinity of mob suckitude and Luke are absolutely no better than Franco at his worst. If those Asshats can be romantic leads and the show's *blech* heroes, then Franco can be whitewashed into a more decent human person. Why write him as this much of a tool in the first place is beyond me.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, stlbf said:

And yeah, the holy trinity of mob suckitude and Luke are absolutely no better than Franco at his worst. If those Asshats can be romantic leads and the show's *blech* heroes, then Franco can be whitewashed into a more decent human person. Why write him as this much of a tool in the first place is beyond me.

There's no need to redeem or whitewash Freako when he can easily be murdered. He should have never been brought back from the dead in the first place. Fucking Ron.

• Love 8

I do not get how they could not come up with a better character for RoHo.  Is that lawsuit still on - maybe they have to wait for that to be resolved and they can change characters like they did with Dr. Finn McBain.  It seems they did not want to be sued again for using a Todd-like character, and Freako must have seemed to be one specifically written for another actor, so the other parties could not claim they were using Todd-by-another-name.  

13 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think KMc has over sized clothing because they don't know how to handle her weight gain.  I think they do a good job with Genie, so I'm not sure what the problem is.  It's not like the costume department is overwhelmed with Sam's black jeans, black low-cut shirt, and stiletto boots.

Genie looks really fabulous. I think in terms of wardrobe, makeup and hair, she has it better than her co-stars.

It's not even a size issue, wardrobe is a reflection of how much of a low rent soap GH has become.

• Love 4

Mercy Hospital looks like every post-apocalyptic ad-hoc medical facility.

Aside from the Jeromes, I love how everyone connected to Sonny is flabbergasted that Valentin was able to wiggle out of his charges.

Sonny is drinking and grieving, Alexis is drunk, Jason doesn't want to hurt a fly because Sam will go into labor, Franco wants to be a better man to Liz (and already expended his badside on the off-screen forced confession), Julian wants to be a better man to Alexis, and the bad-ass assassin that was Ava has been long replaced by the shell who is scared that her shadow has incriminating evidence on her. So, that leaves Anna back at the WSB to bring down and kill Valentin.

Too bad Diane isn't there to throw in a civil suit for pain and suffering and freeze Valentin's assets.

I do wish that they caught the wrong Valentin, to explain SuaveCool agains AnnnnnndSonnyandJasonDefeatHiminThreeSeconds.

With a smarter show, everything is happening to everyone because of a Grand Unified Valentin Theory.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

So, that leaves Anna back at the WSB to bring down and kill Valentin.

Valentin might be a danger to Charlotte, who is Griffin's alleged child, who is Duke's son. It's only a matter of time before Anna starts screaming about Justice For Duke again.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:
12 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

So, that leaves Anna back at the WSB to bring down and kill Valentin.

Valentin might be a danger to Charlotte, who is Griffin's alleged child, who is Duke's son. It's only a matter of time before Anna starts screaming about Justice For Duke again.

If Anna blames Julian for Valentin in #Justice4DEwq, I'm throwing barware.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I love a good soap montage, and chances are that it would be better than the dialogue the character would have been given

I agree.

7 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

So now if Nelly turns out to be scheming it will be because of her Super Mean father? Pathetic. This character is even more worthless than she already was. She can catch a bullet at any time now. 

This. Nelle sucks, CL is bad, and this story is already stupid and it hasn't even begun. Just end it already!

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Social Piranha said:

I have a question:  Why isn't Hayden involved with the sale of Wndemere?  Had Nicholas written her out of the will?

Besides R/H/CB, I suspect that Nik did write her out, aside from the Iron-Clad 5 Million Clause that somehow wasn't iron-clad. Besides, that's another storyline.

I'm also suspecting that Lauren is Valentin's and Charlotte is the Lante Baby.

If Nelle's con is because her foster father put her up to it and she's not AJ's, I'm going to feel so disappointed.  It's Hayden 2.0.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Yes, Alexis is a drunk.  We get it.  Could those scenes be longer and more boring, please?

Those scenes were way too long, but I did love her face down on the sofa at the end. 

6 hours ago, Vella said:

GH spends oodles of time selling Jason and Sonny as romantic leads and often, heroes. Well, why shouldn't the same happen to Franco?

The point is that Jason and Sonny evolved into their current status. Franco from the get-go started off as pond scum and yet is somehow being repositioned, way too quickly, as a romantic option. The writing and acting doesn't support that, though.

1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

Aside from the Jeromes, I love how everyone connected to Sonny is flabbergasted that Valentin was able to wiggle out of his charges.

No one in Port Charles should be surprised. And yet....

• Love 6
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I agree.

This. Nelle sucks, CL is bad, and this story is already stupid and it hasn't even begun. Just end it already!

I don't think they should end it, I think they should begin it already. At least then something could be happening!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

I do not get how they could not come up with a better character for RoHo.  Is that lawsuit still on - maybe they have to wait for that to be resolved and they can change characters like they did with Dr. Finn McBain.  It seems they did not want to be sued again for using a Todd-like character, and Freako must have seemed to be one specifically written for another actor, so the other parties could not claim they were using Todd-by-another-name.  

Which was the problem - using Franco as bizarro Todd. None of the remorse or clawing for redemption arc that Todd had, pairing him with someone who would never be with him (RC did this with Marty, too) and having him interact with his victims like he didn't do anything wrong (especially Sam).

He could have been anyone - a doctor (Stephen Webber even dated Carly years ago, which makes more sense than pairing her with Franco), a Cassadine (the possibilities are endless), anyone but a problematic character like Franco when they simply brushed aside his horrendous actions as though they weren't a big deal. Unless RC simply wanted to have GH appear on the Soup (let's never forget the infamous "Heather" scene when he found out she was still alive).

The lawsuit is still ongoing, which probably saved us for the Ford Brothers.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Vella said:

GH spends oodles of time selling Jason and Sonny as romantic leads and often, heroes. Well, why shouldn't the same happen to Franco?

I'd argue that it's not so much that it couldn't have been done*, so much as I'd say they didn't do it.  As annoying/stupid/tedious as it was that Jason/Sonny were constantly saving the citizens of PC from both mob and non-mob dangers, including conflagrations and toxic balls, I think Guza realized that that was necessary for them to remain viable as leads on a soap opera. Their virtues don't outweigh their vices, but they do exist.

Franco, on the other hand, is a complete sociopath, and RC was so determined to write his Blair/Todd fanfic pair up Carly/Franco that he took inexcusable shortcuts with his redemption attempts.

Everything about the way the DVD party was carried out involved exposing and harming people that he'd already victimized. Meanwhile, this happened before the tumor was removed so it should be suspect - but we'll ignore that since the writers are never going to address it. Then RC gave the murderhobo a tumor redemption but did nothing to change the character's narcissistic, sociopathic personality.

Look at his romantic relationships:

Well two of them, I refuse to discuss Cranco.

His relationship with Nina was formed during the commission of a Federal crime and developed while they committed blackmail and extortion against people who had done nothing to them. His relationship with Liz began as an outgrowth of his creepy narcisstic obsession with Jake and it has consisted of constant, intentional overstepping of boundaries, emotional bullying, stalking, tantrums and general creepiness.

At this point, I don't know whether the writers are wholly incompetent or hedging their bets. Maybe they're planning to have him return to form and they want to be able to point to his behavior as evidence but...it's awful and it really, really sucks that Liz is either going to be stuck with this heinous character or made to look like a fool again.

*although I do think it's much too late at this point

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 10

CD/Michael is looking really good.  Hot damn, and of course, instead, I have to watch days on end of every other newbie character that I don't care about with front burner storylines.  That is all.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't think they should end it, I think they should begin it already. At least then something could be happening!

Seriously.  Nelle was introduced the first week of August.  It took until the first week of November to get a teeny, tiny concrete crumb that's she's up to something.  Speed it up, Show!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

His relationship with Nina was formed during the commission of a Federal crime and developed while they committed blackmail and extortion against people who had done nothing to them. His relationship with Liz began as an outgrowth of his creepy narcisstic obsession with Jake and it has consisted of constant, intentional overstepping of boundaries, emotional bullying, stalking, tantrums and general creepiness.

Also, Nina was/is mentally unstable and was going through an...episode when she and Freako got together. Why would you put an unstable woman who had just come out of a 20 year coma with a rapist demented serial killer. And it could be argued that Liez has a screw or two loose, which just adds another layer of yuck to her being paired with Freako.

4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Seriously.  Nelle was introduced the first week of August.  It took until the first week of November to get a teeny, tiny concrete crumb that's she's up to something.  Speed it up, Show!

And we still don't technically know that Nelly is scheming. That letter could just be a fakeout. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Seriously.  Nelle was introduced the first week of August.  It took until the first week of November to get a teeny, tiny concrete crumb that's she's up to something.

1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:

And we still don't technically know that Nelly is scheming.

As if it were in doubt. As always, the pacing of this show confounds me. It should not take two full months to indicate if a character is up to something! FFS.

• Love 3

I guess we were supposed to feel bad for Franco that his "saving the hospital" wasn't acknowledged by Monica, but I sooo did not.  And why should Franco be lauded anyway?  He doesn't give a fuck about the hospital, its patients, its employees, etc.  He just wanted to keep Liz in town.

Rebecca Budig working in GH's finance department is transparent in its purpose - to put her in close proximity so she can flirt with Dr. Michael Easton and fight with Liz - but it's a job that makes a decent amount of sense for this character.

Can Tracy please get something to do besides prop up Dr. Michael Easton and Rebecca Budig, who, by the way, need to just get on with it already.  The stall in that relationship is so dumb.

Oh Show, nobody cares about Valerie and Curtis' relationship.

Good scenes with Alexis and Valentin.

• Love 6

Best moment goes to Alexis crossing herself as she said may Mikkos burn in hell. Ha!

Is Valentin supposed to be the youngest of the Cassadines, the result of Mikkos having another affair as a F-you to Helena for murdering Alexis' mom? I'm confused; the repeat of "bastard" child isn't helpful for determining his age, w/r/t Stavros, Stefan, and Natasha/Alexis. He just made it clear he knows her mother's throat was slit. 

Did anyone else see Franco's move as a suggestion he'll strangle her for talking to Griffin (or some other guy) in the future? It was good to see BH get to have a nice, normal conversation with an attractive doctor before RoHo appeared. Seriously dude, let Griffin have his personal space. I felt like Franco was going to murder Griffin after they disappeared around the corner, then the body would be found in a supply closet or in a stairwell or something. Also, shut up about fatherhood - nobody cares that Ava lied to you about Kiki. 

Of course I never got to see Dr. lose CoS position and get banished to records, but I see Monica give her a chance to help with patients because it's "a fresh start" at GH. UGH.

I thought Franco would say "I was engaged to Carly, and look how that turned out" in response to Obrecht saying he should be with someone who loves him as he is/with the 'bomb' inside him, instead of him trying to be a better person for Liz. 

I guess the writers missed the implication that Franco's right for someone like Carly or Sam.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1

Valerie doesn't shower after a workout before going into a public place?  Ick.

Tired of Alexis' pity party...she used to be such a strong character even through all of her bad choices in men.  I just want to slap her.  Also want to slap Franco--he is way too clingy.  That's not an attractive trait, especially for someone his age.

Did like Finn and Hayden, they're kinda cute together.  And no Sonny...there's a plus for the day.

• Love 3

Right?  I was all, ew gross.

Good scenes with Alexis and Valentin.

She got this very interesting look on her face when he said he wanted them to get the inheritence that they deserve. And again at the end, when he covered for her by saying that he had sent her the giant box-o-booze and not that she'd ordered it herself.   For a minute, I could see Alexis turning into a dark Cassadine and I think NLG could make it work.  I'd rather see that than her being drunk.  

I love Liz but UGH to her being all cutesie that Franco has a jealous streak.  It's not a cute thing, it's annoying and I can see no sane woman, at this stage in her life, wanting to be around someone who is such a tool for no reason.  HATE.  

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

Well, at least she was just passing through - or had planned to until she ran into Curtis.   She said she always picked up the shake to go.  Made it sound as if the spin class in that building - maybe the same complex where they have the baby yoga classes (remember those with Olivia, Leo and the Mayor).  

Is anyone supposed to care about Curtis betraying that girl?

STFU Freako. Fuck! Why was he even at the hospital opening? Was someone stupid enough to rehire him? Liez already acknowledged what he did to save the hospital (*vomits*) and thanked him so I don't understand what he's whining about. Isn't that what he wanted?

Monica lets the terrorist doctor who terrorized one of her former doctors work with patients again because?

How convenient that Hayden gets a job working at the hospital instead of one of the other companies in town.

The Valentin/Alexis scenes were alright. This was the first time when come off as a worthless whiny asshole.

• Love 5

Why was he even at the hospital opening? Was someone stupid enough to rehire him?

Both he and Liz mentioned that he had been rehired.  He told Liesl he was waiting for patients.  

Monica lets the terrorist doctor who terrorized one of her former doctors work with patients again because?

All the non terrorist doctors are in prison.  

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

maybe the same complex where they have the baby yoga classes (remember those with Olivia, Leo and the Mayor).  

Those were at the MetroCourt spa, I think. (I can't believe that's the crap I remember.)

On 11/1/2016 at 11:16 AM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

. Additionally, serial killer Franco has been matching himself with several of the main ladies on the show, and now he's guilting Liz in public that their relationship hasn't escalated to sex yet. Instead of answering him, Liz should just buy one of Crimson's most ridiculous sex toys and gift it to Franco, suggesting what he can do to himself.

I'd buy him a box of latex gloves and tell him to go at it. Or, since the hospital has reopened, show him where they are stored.

• Love 1
On 11/1/2016 at 11:53 AM, OhioSongbird said:

*small voice*   I like the actor playing Valentin.  And I liked the scenes at Wyndemere.  Nice to see so many major players in the same location.

I've decided that, after today's episode, I want the illegitimate Cassadine siblings to join forces.  I want to see Alexis' bad self. She's married a mobster and is a Cassadine - embrace the dark side.  She and Valentin can terrorize Port Charles together. 

Anything's better than "I may have ordered the bomb but I didn't PUT it in the car" Corintos.  

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, Originalroux said:

embrace the dark side

That would be so much more interesting than turning into a sloppy, tearful drunk, as someone else has already mentioned.

Edited by dubbel zout
spelling
  • Love 5

I've said this before, but...seriously, the big story about General Hospital closing was really all about Franco "saving the day"?  Why then did we even see the stuff with Lucy and the board member who wanted to sell it, nothing at all came from that!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lillybee said:

If Finn is still trying to find a cure for his disease, why doesn't someone point him to Robin, the best research MD in the world to guide him.

Robin doesn't deserve that!

40 minutes ago, Originalroux said:

I've decided that, after today's episode, I want the illegitimate Cassadine siblings to join forces.  I want to see Alexis' bad self. She's married a mobster and is a Cassadine - embrace the dark side.  She and Valentin can terrorize Port Charles together. 

This. I loved the Valentin/Alexis scenes. I would be so down for them getting their evil on together.

This relationship with Franco is ruining Liz worse than the Jason lie did tbh. Her acting like a horny, lovesick teenager with a rapist who kidnapped her child is just really sad and embarrassing. Get help, Liz!

• Love 12