Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Interesting that Michael went to Monica and Tracy for comfort/support first and didn't go see Carly. 

He went to tell them he was taking time off from ELQ, too. But I think it's because he needed real comfort from people who truly care about him, after having lost Sabrina (who they cared for, too) and now Morgan. Carly would just cling to Michael and sob/lean on him to keep herself standing instead of letting Michael grieve the loss of his gf and now his brother.  It's all about her, all the time. Deep down, Michael knows this.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

He went to tell them he was taking time off from ELQ, too. But I think it's because he needed real comfort from people who truly care about him, after having lost Sabrina (who they cared for, too) and now Morgan. Carly would just cling to Michael and sob/lean on him to keep herself standing instead of letting Michael grieve the loss of his gf and now his brother.  It's all about her, all the time. Deep down, Michael knows this.  

Oh, I agree.  I meant more as a writing choice, that the show allowed this family moment, for lack of a better word, especially given how the audience would be unable to recall the AJ of it all seeing him with Monica.

• Love 6

I assume Monica's "sweet boy" comment means she's never spoken to adult Morgan

LOL Morgan was the opposite of sweet. At least with BC in the role.

Bobbie was odd. You would think she never met Morgan before.

HE is AWFUL at this kind of stuff. Flashbacks to her hollering when Silas died. 

I did like when Dante said Morgan was the first one he met. Thats the Morgan I like to remember not this frat boy douche BC.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Oracle42 said:

Young Morgan adored Dante

Funny thing, is, when Carly held up BC's childhood pic to Sonny, I was thinking, "That's not little Morgan! Morgan was adorable!"  I know, shallow (but honestly that kid actor -Aaron?- as an adult would make me tear up about his death.) 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, backhometome said:

LOL Morgan was the opposite of sweet. At least with BC in the role.

Bobbie was odd. You would think she never met Morgan before.

HE is AWFUL at this kind of stuff. Flashbacks to her hollering when Silas died. 

I did like when Dante said Morgan was the first one he met. Thats the Morgan I like to remember not this frat boy douche BC.

HE cannot possibly be more awful than KA was. Her crying was embarrassingly bad!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

Guiding Light did it with the legacy character of Ben Reade, played by the scrumptious Matt Bomer. He kinda lost his mind because he got sent away to boarding school and was molested by a teacher. He ended up being a serial killer, kidnapped his ex-girlfriend, and then gave himself a lethal injection once the cops showed up. I've said many times TIIC should've cribbed from this and had Morgan take a bunch of people hostage at the Q mansion (including his worthless parents and Lauren) and then eats a bullet in front of them. But soaps don't do compelling, social issues stories anymore. Just look how they're handling the dusty ass Freaco situation.

I remember that, mostly because well you never forget Matt Bomer.  Sigh.  He is literal perfection in everything he touches.  I just watched yesterday's episode today because I had actual real papers to write and not steal from the internet like ahem some people (Morgan kaboom).  I forgot how utterly charming Morgan and Ava were tbh, and how much I enjoyed BC before he had too many scenes with Mo and started mimicking his acting style.   I'm so glad Ava got the flashbacks and beautifully tragic breakdown instead of Kiki because their relationship was real.  I guess a writer that knew the show snuck in to do the script.  And Dante did a little truth telling because....oh my.   But BM's face.  Someone please give him something of value to do.  Because this is literally what happened:

DZ- acting

BM- "Why the fuck did I take this role?  God, I hate my job. Ugh.  I hate this role.  I hate Jason Morgan.  I hate black tee shirts."

DZ-  asks BM a question in character

BM- shrugs

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

But BM's face.  Someone please give him something of value to do.  Because this is literally what happened:

DZ- acting

BM- "Why the fuck did I take this role?  God, I hate my job. Ugh.  I hate this role.  I hate Jason Morgan.  I hate black tee shirts."

DZ-  asks BM a question in character

BM- shrugs

Agreed.  BM needs to be able to play the role - period.  It's a death in the family, and every actor (MB, DZ, LW, and CD) was bringing it.  He's an actor - someone dear to his character died - act like it.  BM has not made any effort in this role, and unless he can play a part that is jokey and chewing the scenery, he doesn't know what to do with it.  At least, that's what I'm assuming because I hear he's so great, and yet, I'm not seeing it at all.  Heck, I bet the viewers were crying more and emoting more watching the episode than BM did in any of his scenes.

Btw:  Great episodes these last two days with Sonny, Carly, Morgan, Ava, Dante, and Michael scenes.  This stuff only works when you have all that history with the characters/actors.  I didn't detest BC the way some did, and he did a good job with the bi-polar storyline.  I can't imagine what Carly is going to do, but Sonny did call off the hit.   I have a feeling that bomb wasn't planted by him.  I mean, really - who puts a bomb in a car if they want they want to make sure it happens as an accident?   Considering that EVERYONE knows Sonny was gunning for Julian, a bomb in his car is too sloppy.  I suspect that someone else try to kill Julian, and that will come out later. 

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

We should have a contest: predict how Carly will somehow blame AJ for Morgan being dead.

Morgan was drinking.   Post ergo propter hoc logical fallacy will be what Carly basically uses to say that Morgan got close to Ava during the whole time he was estranged from his parents because Michael was close to AJ and Ava lied and said Kiki was a Q.  AJ wanted that lie to be true so he could remain in control of ELQ, not caring about poor Morgan's feelings, Kiki's feelings, nor Michael's.  AJ was a selfish fatty who fatted and drank and fatty fat fatted some more.  So Morgan lost Kiki forever because AJ brought Ava and Kiki into their lives because he went looking for the other Q heir to break the vote because he's a selfish fatty fat fat fatty fat drunk.   There's a lot of logical fallacies in there to be honest. 

Just now, Bishop said:

BM needs to be able to play the role - period.  It's  death in the family, and every actor (MB, DZ, LW, and CD) are bringing it.  He's an actor - someone died - act like it.  BM has not made any effort in this role, and unless he can play a part that is jokey, and chewing the scenery, he doesn't know what to do with it.  At least, that's what I'm assuming because I hear he's so great, and yet, I'm not seeing it at all.  Heck, I bet the viewers were crying more and emoting more watching the episode than BM did in any of his scenes.

Btw:  Great episodes these last two days with Sonny, Carly, Morgan, Ava, Dante, and Michael scenes.  This stuff only works when you have all that history with the characters/actors.  I didn't detest BC the way some did, and he did a good job with the bi-polar storyline.  I can't imagine what Carly is going to do, but Sonny did call off the hit.   I have a feeling that bomb wasn't planted by him.  I mean, really - who puts a bomb in a car if they want they want to make sure it happens as an accident?   Considering that EVERYONE knows Sonny was gunning for Julian, a bomb in his car is too sloppy.  I suspect that someone else try to kill Julian, and that will come out later. 

I think Jason Morgan tbh is just a crap character to play.  I won't delve much into it here, but I really think it's the writing in this case.  BM can do sociopath, charming.  But he cannot do robotic.  He'd make a perfect AJ recast imo.  I'd rather him be AJ as I enjoy his scenes with CD and JE. 

I have a feeling Julian or Paul planted the bomb.  Paul was a wee too lenient in not spilling all about The Recording That Spills All when he's been talking about it every damned day forever.   Dude was injecting poison into veins (he was a lawyer, so I doubt he knew his meds), and he shot Sonny (I saw it, It happened).   Julian looked scared af about that bomb.   Dude straight up outed himself as Julian with not a care in the world and shot a dude in the face.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Bishop said:

I can't imagine what Carly is going to do, but Sonny did call off the hit.   I have a feeling that bomb wasn't planted by him.  I mean, really - who puts a bomb in a car if they want they want to make sure it happens as an accident?   Considering that EVERYONE knows Sonny was gunning for Julian, a bomb in his car is too sloppy.  I suspect that someone else try to kill Julian, and that will come out later. 

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if, eventually, we do find out that the bomb wasn't planted by Sonny's guy because Sonny always gets a get out of jail free card.  Literally, in the case of AJ's murder.

But based on what we know right now, it doesn't matter that Sonny tried to call of the hit, he still set this into motion. 

• Love 9

I'm disappointed Morgan's sisters weren't in the promo for tomorrow. I would really like to see them getting to react to his passing, especially Kristina.

Carly, Dante and Michael were great today. I hope they all keep blaming Sonny for this but I doubt he will turn out to be responsible. Given his history with car bombs Sonny should explicitly rule them out when hiring hit men.

• Love 3

So tired of Sonny's routine, "it's not my fault".  Nothing is ever his fault, even though it's always all his fault. 

LW's doing well with this material, she's playing Carly's pain much quieter than I expected. It's does remind me of Bobbie's reaction when Carly was supposedly dead back in the day.

DZ has been good with all of this.  

I still hate Ava and her "pain".  If not for Ava's actions, Morgan wouldn't have been so messed up.  

Go Tracy Go!!!  Anytime she goes off on Jason or Sonny it's a good day.

And once again........Wally Kurth....deep le sigh.  He makes LLC's character tolerable.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I think Jason Morgan tbh is just a crap character to play.  I won't delve much into it here, but I really think it's the writing in this case.  BM can do sociopath, charming.  But he cannot do robotic.  He'd make a perfect AJ recast imo.  I'd rather him be AJ as I enjoy his scenes with CD and JE. 

No, it's not the character.  I've been a Jason Morgan fan for the two decades the character existed.  I know many did not, but I always loved SBu in the role, and he was emotional in his scenes with the Corinthos clan.  I've heard a lot of talk about BM from people, but I'm sorry, he should be able to turn in some better scenes than what he's bringing.  I mean - a family member died.  Why can't he act like it?  Why does the character of Jason Morgan prevent him from doing that?  Jason has cried many times over losses in the past.  

I do agree with you completely that BM would have been MUCH better suited to a different character than Jason Morgan because he likes playing the silly, over-the-top stuff.  That stuff is in his wheelhouse.  Playing quiet scenes effectively without all the dialogue and smiles and schtick?  Not so much.

I have a feeling Julian or Paul planted the bomb. 

I don't think it's Julian - but maybe Paul.  I'm just not sure why he wants to kill Julian.

5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if, eventually, we do find out that the bomb wasn't planted by Sonny's guy because Sonny always gets a get out of jail free card.  Literally, in the case of AJ's murder.

But based on what we know right now, it doesn't matter that Sonny tried to call of the hit, he still set this into motion. 

If his guy says that he didn't plant the bomb, then Sonny didn't set anything in motion.  Someone else did.  I actually wouldn't mind if Sonny wasn't guilty of this because killing your own son is something the character nor Carly would ever recover from, and I don't want to spend the next couple years with Sonny hating himself and Carly hating him.   I know many hate Sonny and MB (and I'm not one of them), and I was happy to see that Griffin got through to Sonny, and Sonny was willing to try a different way.  Character growth is important for me in a character.  He heard Griffin, listened to what he had to say, and took a positive step forward.  I don't think it's a bad thing to find out later on that he was not responsible for the bomb.  Of course by then, Carly will probably have left hi and moved on and the damage can't be repaired.  I actually like Sonny and Carly together.  So I hope they don't break up.  I don't want to watch Sonny with his 1,000,000 girlfriend or Carly with a new guy when Michael can't even have a storyline after two years of nothing.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Bishop said:

If his guy says that he didn't plant the bomb, then Sonny didn't set anything in motion.

Has the guy said that?  And Sonny never spoke to him, right, just left a message?

I just...have no sympathy for Sonny, not when he thinks it's okay to murder other peoples' sons.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Has the guy said that?  And Sonny never spoke to him, right, just left a message?

Correct.  We don't know for certain that he didn't plant the bomb.  My thought, however, is that it's a STUPID way to dispose of an enemy because a bomb isn't subtle, and everyone would suspect Sonny.  It just doesn't sound right.  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, lovelynn said:

I'm disappointed Morgan's sisters weren't in the promo for tomorrow. I would really like to see them getting to react to his passing, especially Kristina.

I was about to say I don't think Avery will have much of a reaction. Poor forgotten Joss. Actually, lucky forgotten Joss.

The phone stuff with Carly was sad.

DZ looked good in that jacket.

Did Olivia get a haircut? Anyway it looks nice. Her "story" with Ned is stupid. 

I missed some of the show, was this actually an episode where Lulu didn't mention an embryo? 

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Interesting that Michael went to Monica and Tracy for comfort/support first and didn't go see Carly.  I also enjoyed Tracy reaming Jason.  Given the violent echo Sonny's actions seems to have on the Quartermaines, he gets no benefit of the doubt.

Laura deciding to forgive Kevin was rather randomly shoved in.  Booo.

It would be awesome if Michael called Carly out on her way-too-late-in-the-day "violence is bad" shtick.

HE was bad.

Poor Dillon. "Kiki! Don't put this on yourself! I don't want to have sex with Darby again!"

So Ava is letting Kiki believe that what set Morgan off was solely Dillon and her. I wonder if they're not going to re-sign MW. I think her contract is up in April.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
Just now, Bishop said:

No, it's not the character.  I've been a Jason Morgan fan for the two decades the character existed.  I know many did not, but I always loved SBu in the role, and he was emotional in his scenes with the Corinthos clan.  I've heard a lot of talk about BM from people, but I'm sorry, he should be able to turn in some better scenes than what he's bringing.  I mean - a family member died.  Why can't he act like it?  Why does the character of Jason Morgan prevent him from doing that?  Jason has cried many times over losses in the past.  

I do agree with you completely that BM would have been MUCH better suited to a different character than Jason Morgan because he likes playing the silly, over-the-top stuff.  That stuff is in his wheelhouse.  Playing quiet scenes effectively without all the dialogue and smiles and schtick?  Not so much.

I don't think it's Julian - but maybe Paul.  I'm just not sure why he wants to kill Julian.

If his guy says that he didn't plant the bomb, then Sonny didn't set anything in motion.  Someone else did.  I actually wouldn't mind if Sonny wasn't guilty of this because killing your own son is something the character nor Carly would ever recover from, and I don't want to spend the next couple years with Sonny hating himself and Carly hating him.   I know many hate Sonny and MB (and I'm not one of them), and I was happy to see that Griffin got through to Sonny, and Sonny was willing to try a different way.  Character growth is important for me in a character.  He heard Griffin, listened to what he had to say, and took a positive step forward.  I don't think it's a bad thing to find out later on that he was not responsible for the bomb.  Of course by then, Carly will probably have left hi and moved on and the damage can't be repaired.  I actually like Sonny and Carly together.  So I hope they don't break up.  I don't want to watch Sonny with his 1,000,000 girlfriend or Carly with a new guy when Michael can't even have a storyline after two years of nothing.  

Ah see that's where we disagree.  I loathe Sonny and Jason.  Granted, the idea of a Jason Morgan/Q mesh that feels guilty could be interesting and complex imo.    But I don't care for Sonny.  I am a total SK/AJ fan.   I did like Sonny/Brenda, but Mo and Sonny don't do it for me.  I think Sonny should hate himself for literally everything he's done, as should Carly.  You know, like what they've done to Michael for example.  I also hate that Griff is Duke's son when he looks so much like a young Alan Q.   I think Matt Cohen is a great actor and it'd be more interesting to see Michael deal with a new unknown AJ son than support Sonny/Carly.  But anyway, yeah I totally think it's Paul.  I think he meant to take out Julian to hurt Ava as a message to get her to do his bidding whenever he needed from inside Pentonville since he didn't hand over Recording.  Which btw, I think either Susan has or Nelle for some reason.  

21 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Could it be that Paul had the bomb planted because Susan was using drugs that Julian brought in?

It's Paul, so he could have had the bomb planted for literally any reason the writers will pull out of their behinds.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Ah see that's where we disagree.  I loathe Sonny and Jason. 

Ah, there you go.  

I am a total SK/AJ fan. 

I loved SK/AJ too, and I was furious when the writers did a complete about face regarding Michael and his anger at his father.  I was really enjoying that stuff.  Frankly, I loved AJ and Michael.  I thought Sean and Chad had wonderful chemistry, and I still wont' forgive RC for turning Sean's AJ into a mess and then killing him.  Ugh, don't even get me started.

I also hate that Griff is Duke's son when he looks so much like a young Alan Q.  

I'm okay with Griffin being Duke's son.  We have two male Quartermaines already, and they aren't even using the one with plenty of story to harvest.  I'm just glad the writers are giving Griffin more of a voice and some passion in his scenes.  

But anyway, yeah I totally think it's Paul.  I think he meant to take out Julian to hurt Ava as a message to get her to do his bidding whenever he needed from inside Pentonville since he didn't hand over Recording.  

Oooh, nice theory there.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 2

Can I just say that I hate how all any character cares about in this recording is freaking Connie?  Literally, Connie sucked.  AJ Quartermaine grew up in Port Charles.  He had roots in that town.   They worship his brother and his son.  Gah.  At least acknowledge his murder is on there.  His literal freaking murder.  

• Love 6

It makes sense that Paul is the bomb planter; RiBu is on his way out, I guess, and whenever that happens, the character gets blamed for every bad thing. Not that Morgan dying is a bad thing, but you get me.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 4:15 PM, ulkis said:

Okay Nelle, only humbly insist on not taking charity once. After that, it's overkill.

BC is good at manic mode (I assume), but it doesn't make it less irritating to watch. Also, they should hire Nelle to teach Morgan to combine Nelle's love of teaching and Carly's need to give her something to do.

I notice that Griffin's extreme anger seems to be reserved towards people with vaginas.

Sonny v Julian has to be the lamest rivalry yet. I don't feel the hatred. Sonny is talking about how much Julian sucks and how he's evil and blah blah and meanwhile Julian just stares. I wish Julian was as evil and charismatic as Sonny is trying to make him sound.

I'm ready for both Dante and Lulu to go. Their characters have been ruined. When it's not Dante, it's Lulu.

Didn't watch the Griffin/Robert/Sonny stuff. I saw them clink bottles and even that little bit was too much.

Franco, Hayden didn't say it was funny, and even if she did, who is he to be aghast at what someone else finds funny? I'm also totally sick of him acting like he owns caring about Elizabeth. If Audrey were here you know he'd be all "I love Elizabeth! Forty thousand Grams could not with all their quantity of love make my sum!"

I liked how Jordan cut through Finn's spiel. Also, is there no one she can report Paul to? This is ridiculous.

Just as I thought "Curtis has said Doc Finn 80 times today", he said it again in the previews.

re: Sabrina

Reveal hidden contents

I feel a little bit bad, but Michael's droopy dog look of sadness is gonna make me laugh. Yes, I know I'm horrible.

Whats the difference if Scummy kills his son, or someone elses.? Sonny will come out smelling like a rose, he always does, and I always turn the show off. I am stuck in this house taking care of my daughter after her operation,

Not is this show completely boring, but its also a show with not one character you can like or root for.

• Love 1

Franco should have remained dead, period.  I am further disgusted that these soap operas seem to think that it is still okay to pair a rape survivor in 2016 with a rapist!  WTF?!

However, if Elizabeth had to suck it up and allow Sam around her boys when she was with Lucky, then JaSam can fucking sit and spin when it comes to Franco.  Jason took Sam back after the crap that she did to Jake and she did NOT have a retcon tumor.   

• Love 5

Are they doing a story where there's actual fallout for characters? I'm shocked that it might actually happen.

I thought the LW-DZ scenes were really good. That was some of the best stuff I've seen on the show since forever and a day.

And now they threw Lulu right back into Dante's orbit because he can't catch a break from her. I wonder if Lulu will talk about the embryo at Morgan's funeral.

I felt more for Ava (is anyone going to find out that she messed with the meds since she's teflon?) than I did for Kiki. I know the girl was supposed to be stunned, but girl, you work with some of the best criers in the industry, go talk to them.

JZ did something to her face...again. Her acting choices were weird, but the scene with Ava was good.

I don't know why they had Jason was needed. He was just standing there.

• Love 1

The writers could make the bomber Paul, but to my knowledge, Burgi is done. That scene in the jail cell with Michael and then Tracy, was the last.

As always, the ultimate point-that it doesn't matter if it wasn't Sonny-will be completely missed. Almost all the ones saying anything bad about Sonny will have to eat crow. What is even sadder, is that the show has beaten so many people into accepting this kind of writing, that the events will be met with a collective shrug, as  the people who SHOULD change and learn from it, won't.

I actually think the bomber is Ava. She wanted to take out Julian so she'd get his territory, and frame Sonny-killing two birds with one stone.

Edited by IWantCandy71

It was nice for me for a Lulu day without talking about embryos to appear. She had been putting away that damn casserole at the Qs for like a month. I guess possibly because ER broke her nose.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Actually, in real life, a court might take the kids away from both Liz and Jason and Sam.

Yes, exactly. 

3 hours ago, tricknasty said:

I love Angry Michael especially when it's directed at Sonny

CD does his best work when he's angry at Sonny imo. He was great today.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Poor forgotten Joss. Actually, lucky forgotten Joss.

Who will she see the latest Marvel movie with now?!

Today was really good imo. I thought almost everyone did a nice job. I didn't even think HE was that bad tbh. MB's cry face/hand on the face moment was pretty bad though and I loled.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

That look is back in Michael's eyes (insert happy dance).  That anger and contempt for Sonny.  I never thought that was going to happen again, but it's there, and I'm thrilled.  I have to say that I loved how CD played that entire reveal.  Michael didn't need to be  handled by Dante; he wanted to know the bad news, and he wanted to know it now.  Once he had the news, and Dante was trying to move Michael into a private area, Michael didn't want to move.  He wanted answers.  I love when Michael just puts everything together and calls it like he sees it.  The car was Julian's; there was a bomb in the car; and the bomb killed his brother.  1+1=2, and the "2" is Sonny.  I also loved that Michael wouldn't accept Sonny's hand on his arm in consolation.  Michael was pissed and wasn't going to be coddled by any of them, not Sonny, not Dante, and not Jason.  He was going to be angry and vent, and he did.  He also laid Morgan's death squarely at Sonny's feet - no excuses.  He also, as Michael is prone to do, took some of the blame himself for not being there more often to help Morgan during his manic episode.

I only have two fears now:  1) that Michael will forgive and forget in another day and all is back to normal; and 2) Jason will take over and figure everything out and be the hero and Michael gets pushed back into the background.  Here are my hopes:  1) Michael stays angry at his father and doesn't change over it.  I'm not saying he has to hate Sonny, but I wouldn't mind him losing those rose-colored glasses forever.  The best part was Michael telling Sonny (paraphrasing) "You told me to leave Paul alone because revenge has consequences.  Then you basically went out and did the opposite of everything you preached, and now Morgan is dead;" and 2) Michael finally gets a freakin storyline.  I swear Kiki, Franco, Griffin, Fin, Hayden, Jordan, Julian, Claudette, and Nathan are getting storylines.  Michael has WAY more backstory to tap into and legacy family connections galore and appeal and talent.  So why is he being backburned again?  Let's hope some new things are coming his way.  I agree that calm, focused anger looks sexy on CD.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 10

I sooo  want it to be Sonny who planted the bomb, even if it was in error after trying to cancel it.  I think it would give the story endless possibilities with Michael and Carly for certain abandoning Sonny for reals.  But I agree with what everyone is saying, it is probably someone else.  It would be great if it was Alexis.  I kid.

Having been in the situation of having to tell my brother that our older brother died when we were teens, it really isn't like what you see in the movies.  You are just in shock and trying to get the words out as quickly as possible.  So I am even giving MB a pass on how he was kind of emotionless when he told Carly.  But Bobby is acting like she doesn't even know these people, and even the way she was talking to Carly to get her to see that it is real, was kind of harsh and strange.

You know, just when I think Ava cannot sink any lower, she tells her daughter that she is essentially responsible for Morgan's behaviour that led to his death.  That's a cold bitch.

The other thing that is realistic is everyone blaming everyone else, that definitely happens, even when it makes no sense whatsoever.

I am also assuming Morgan is not dead and will return with a new face someday.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I thought you meant she seemed to be taunting Sam by saying that line. He was behind Sam because he was coming through the door. He didn't linger behind her. I guess this is a YMMV situation. 

I find it gross and creepy that he's in Liz's house and around either of them, or babies, children, innocent animals, etc. I'd much rather see him inflicted on Sonny, or locked up with Nina, Dr.O, and Heather so they can all irritate each other into shutting up.

Got it.  No, I wouldn't say she was taunting her.  I just think it was a poor acting choice on BH's part, paired with a super shitty Sickles line.  The whole thing was a huge clusterfuck.  I don't think Liz was taunting, but I do think she came off extremely unsympathetic.

Anyway, it's over.  Hopefully we can all move the hell on now and not have to deal with his "poor misunderstood Franco" shit anymore.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, bannana said:

You know, just when I think Ava cannot sink any lower, she tells her daughter that she is essentially responsible for Morgan's behaviour that led to his death.  That's a cold bitch.

Ava will later cry about being so cold to Lauren. "I'm sorry, [Lauren]. I was upset. I didn't know what I was saying." Ugh. I can't with her.

Why isn't Morgan's death all over the news? He's Sonny Corinthos's kid.

Michael is never more appealing than when he's against Sonny and Carly.

I liked that Bobbie's didn't coddle Carly about Morgan's death. She was kind but direct.

I really wish people would stop saying "Morgan is gone." It doesn't soften the blow. Half the time people will ask, "Gone where?" Spell it out. He's dead.

MB crying always cracks me up. He's terrible at it.

I know Michael is blaming himself because it's what people do, but it's really aggravating to see him blame himself for not seeing Morgan's manic phase. Morgan was the only one responsible for his mental state. Gah.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Carly'll probably just blame Dillon, all, "You damn Quartermaines, what did I ever do to you!"

Then Tracy can tear her a new one and tell her exactly what she's done to the Q's.  JE would be amazing in that scene. 

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I just...have no sympathy for Sonny, not when he thinks it's okay to murder other peoples' sons.

I have no sympathy for him either.  Honestly, if it turns out to not be the hit Sonny initially put out on Julian that caused this, I hope that, when it's proven, Michael, Carly, Dante, and Kristina all basically say "sure, technically you ended up not being responsible now, but the environment you insist on living in is the cause of this stuff.  It could just as easily have been your fault as anyone else's," and all cite that as the reason they can't have him in their lives any more.  

Back to the Franco/Jake/Liz/Sam stuff... If I squint and ignore how crappily this show handles everything Franco, I can kind of see why it would be a good idea for Franco to be the one who tells Jake some version of what's going on there.  Jake adores Franco, and his relationship with Sam can be a bit tenuous, depending on what day it is.  If Sam told him any version of why she dislikes Franco, Jake is likely to see it as somehow her problem.  If Franco says to him "yes, there's a history here, yes, I did some things I should not have done that hurt Sam and your father, yes, she has every right to still not like being around me, regardless of the brain tumor defense," then it carries more weight, to Jake, because Franco is owning that he's earned those feelings from Sam.  It's not someone else telling Jake that the guy he looks up to did bad things, it's that guy saying "yes, I did bad things."   Of course, that should have been something that that the adults came to an agreement on before Franco had that conversation with him, but I don't hate that he was the one to have the conversation.  

• Love 3

LW is definitely best when she goes full on Mama Beaver.  The laughy, happy Carly was so fake.

I hope the whole family turns on Sonny but I'll truly barf if I have to see  Sonny making out with Nelle.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

LW is definitely best when she goes full on Mama Beaver.  The laughy, happy Carly was so fake.

I hope the whole family turns on Sonny but I'll truly barf if I have to see  Sonny making out with Nelle.

I don't think it will happen, but it's not as fun now anyway with Carly probably being mad at Sonny.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

Knowing the request that Carly recently made to Sonny that the violence stop, I think it is predictable that Carly will turn on Sonny, assuming it was his hit. Ironically, it was probably Paul's hit.

Don't Sonny and Carly have their own home? I think she might move out, back to the MetroCourt. Nell works at the Metrocourt, and might volunteer to watch over Avery too. (I'm not sure why Ava would continue to allow the Corinthii to take care of the baby if Morgan is no longer living there.) Nell would have some private conversations with Sonny that might move into them into a state of intimacy.

Actually, since Nell has made so much progress insidiously gaining Carly's trust through flattery, Id like to see an unusual dependency develop: Carly trusts no one except Nell, who uses her advantage to extremes. Carly would neglect the Metro, causing people to have to deal with Nell to get things done. Nell would deal with all the crises that Carly usually handles. Olivia would have to go to Nell to get things done. Carly would lose interest in Avery and neglect her, so that Nell would have to assume decision-making and care for her. And Nell would gradually move in on a lonely Sonny too. Carly would not exactly be a wig on a stick, but she might have a breakdown if her "baby" Morgan is not there to coddle.

Even richer would be a story in which Nell ascended so much in Carly's life that Carly actually falls in love with her passionately, increasing Carly's dependence even more and alienating Sonny. In this case, Nell would become completely parasitic, first taking Carly's financial and working life over, and then isolating Carly from social and family relationships too. (Examples of this type can be found in history: lives of  Queen Anne and Edward II of England).

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She [Laura Wright] was really good today. I liked what she was doing better than what MW was doing. 

It's such an interesting case because I looooooathe Carly, but I still appreciate what Laura Wright is doing acting-wise.

• Love 10

I hate the character of Carly but I love Laura Wright and she brought it today.  When she was with DAnte and then she had to go open the balcony door to get air then looked like she was going to throw up, I BELIEVED her. Like Maura yesterday they made me believe what they were telling me. 

I also give kudos to Chad and Michaels anger towards Sonny.  Continue to remember that feeling Michael.  

• Love 16
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ava will later cry about being so cold to Lauren. "I'm sorry, [Lauren]. I was upset. I didn't know what I was saying." Ugh. I can't with her.

Why isn't Morgan's death all over the news? He's Sonny Corinthos's kid.

Michael is never more appealing than when he's against Sonny and Carly.

I liked that Bobbie's didn't coddle Carly about Morgan's death. She was kind but direct.

I really wish people would stop saying "Morgan is gone." It doesn't soften the blow. Half the time people will ask, "Gone where?" Spell it out. He's dead.

MB crying always cracks me up. He's terrible at it.

I know Michael is blaming himself because it's what people do, but it's really aggravating to see him blame himself for not seeing Morgan's manic phase. Morgan was the only one responsible for his mental state. Gah.

Yes, this is pretty ridiculous. In today's world, someone would have put that out there from the accident scene before the family was even informed.  I have friends who lost people in the India Tourist train crash last year, and it was all over social media before the children of the woman could be told.  That is the world we live in.  So portraying that in little PC that people haven't called and texted each other is absurd.  Before social media, people called each other immediately. In PC, Carly's house would have been full of family and friends within an hour or two.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Knowing the request that Carly recently made to Sonny that the violence stop, I think it is predictable that Carly will turn on Sonny, assuming it was his hit. Ironically, it was probably Paul's hit.

Don't Sonny and Carly have their own home? I think she might move out, back to the MetroCourt. Nell works at the Metrocourt, and might volunteer to watch over Avery too. (I'm not sure why Ava would continue to allow the Corinthii to take care of the baby if Morgan is no longer living there.) Nell would have some private conversations with Sonny that might move into them into a state of intimacy.

Actually, since Nell has made so much progress insidiously gaining Carly's trust through flattery, Id like to see an unusual dependency develop: Carly trusts no one except Nell, who uses her advantage to extremes. Carly would neglect the Metro, causing people to have to deal with Nell to get things done. Nell would deal with all the crises that Carly usually handles. Olivia would have to go to Nell to get things done. Carly would lose interest in Avery and neglect her, so that Nell would have to assume decision-making and care for her. And Nell would gradually move in on a lonely Sonny too. Carly would not exactly be a wig on a stick, but she might have a breakdown if her "baby" Morgan is not there to coddle.

Even richer would be a story in which Nell ascended so much in Carly's life that Carly actually falls in love with her passionately, increasing Carly's dependence even more and alienating Sonny. In this case, Nell would become completely parasitic, first taking Carly's financial and working life over, and then isolating Carly from social and family relationships too. (Examples of this type can be found in history: lives of  Queen Anne and Edward II of England).

But a storyline like that would require more writing skills than the current staff has.

Edited by Lillybee
3 hours ago, mybabyaidan said:

Got it.  No, I wouldn't say she was taunting her.  I just think it was a poor acting choice on BH's part, paired with a super shitty Sickles line.  The whole thing was a huge clusterfuck.  I don't think Liz was taunting, but I do think she came off extremely unsympathetic.

The whole thing was pretty stomach churning and I am incredibly tired of Moppet!Jake - at least CrazyEyes!Jake was entertaining; the Moppet is just annoying.  

But! at least Sam was allowed to react to the murderhobo's presence in a way that made sense - up until he mansplained their history in response to the the question Jake asked her and she didn't stab him. The lack of stabbing was disappointing, I hope it's remedied in the future!

#DeadFranco2016 

• Love 10