Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Anna and Griffin's conversations are so repetitive and awful, my goodness. And Anna continuously name-dropping Emma and talking about Emma's pain is gross considering what her own daughter went through and you know, her DAUGHTER's real relationship with Duke. 

I hate the name Duke now.

• Love 11

Alexis didn't change the locks yet, and she missed a couple of opportunities to call the PCPD to report Julian's refusal to honor the restraining order she took out on him. Looks like she is hoping he will continue to call and disturb her. What's up with that? Was Alexis actually turned on by Julian's knife on her throat as a kind of rough sex?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

So Sonny decided to call a sit-down with God. Did anyone else think it was eerie the way that old priest with the crinkly eyes appeared almost immediately to answer him? He looked more like a wily devil than a divine intervention, however. Too bad Sonny sent him away. I thought the writers might have found a way to make things real interesting.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
46 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's fine she's talking to Dillon, but her offer to Tracy was ridiculous.

I loved how Tracy was like, "please just go get me my martini little girl."

SHOW. I thought we discussed this! Olivia is allowed to appear, as long as you don't try to give her some semblance of a story line.

So both Morgan and Dante assumed their partners were cheating with Dillon, because of his raw animal magnetism I guess. Except at least Morgan saw someone kissing and has seen them kiss only a couple of months ago, so that means Morgan is smarter than Dante. :sob: And plus, Kiki actually cheated on him a few moments later. And has pretty much been cheating on him emotionally for a while. God, Morgan's a genius. A genius with a nose I wanted to stuff those pills of his into.

A little of NLG/Alexis goes a long way. It's been months of her Acting! I need a break.

An actual priest would have followed up the "are you here for confessional?" with "because you can look up the scheduled times in the bulletin, good night."

And what the ever loving hell is going on with Julian? If he's staying on the show, then enough of everyone lamenting his existence constantly. If he's not, please get the ball rolling oh dear lord.

Also was I just seeing things or did Dillon have a haircut tomorrow?

50 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I just realized Jason has had practically no scenes with Morgan and now he's going to be involved like he cares.

Is he? What did he say in the previews, I forget. But yeah if he is that's annoying. Neither version of Jason has ever shared a scene with Morgan. He doesn't give a crap about any of the Sonny/Carly brood except Michael. (And new boyfriend Dante, apparently.)

• Love 6

I'm willing to bet that most folks thought immediately of the old sleepover story about the parking couple and hook on the car door as soon as Olivia saw the hook in the boathouse door. So, writers, I'm a little disappointed in you since you made Olivia the only person in the universe who would immediately think of Julian Jerome. She could have at least considered something far more sinister -- after all, this is Port Charles. 

FWIW, I remember reading in an interview, back when Olivia was mostly in her underwear around the men she was dating (Steve, Johnny), that LiLoC was wearing her own bras. I think most women have preferences for specific brands over others, so I think it's entirely possible that she decided she'd rather choose her own underpinnings rather than trust wardrobe. Whether they were her everyday choices wasn't revealed. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And what the ever loving hell is going on with Julian? If he's staying on the show, then enough of everyone lamenting his existence constantly. If he's not, please get the ball rolling oh dear lord.

I totally agree, but I'm also loving his IDGAF attitude with everyone. He's always been like that, which is one thing that cracks me up about everyone finding him so OMG TEH EVUL. Being bad is too much of an effort for Julian. He's the most passive villain the show has had.

7 minutes ago, rur said:

I think it's entirely possible that she decided she'd rather choose her own underpinnings rather than trust wardrobe.

Given GH's laughable budget, I don't blame her. Whatever she owns is probably a lot nicer than what Wardrobe could offer.

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And plus, Kiki actually cheated on him a few moments later. And has pretty much been cheating on him emotionally for a while.

I don't expect Morgan of all people to make this distinction, but being so destroyed by this given his own affairs with AvaDenise and Darby is a little rich.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Is he? What did he say in the previews, I forget. But yeah if he is that's annoying. Neither version of Jason has ever shared a scene with Morgan. He doesn't give a crap about any of the Sonny/Carly brood except Michael. (And new boyfriend Dante, apparently.)

Oh, this is just my assumption. Not based on previews exactly. Although the Julian stuff will...

clearly relate to Morgan.

I only watched the Kiki/Dillon and Ned/Olivia scenes. Pretty good ep when you skip all the bullshit. OK what I watched was bullshit, too, but it was bullshit I can enjoy at least.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I totally agree, but I'm also loving his IDGAF attitude with everyone. He's always been like that, which is one thing that cracks me up about everyone finding him so OMG TEH EVUL. Being bad is too much of an effort for Julian. He's the most passive villain the show has had.

I enjoy this about Julian so I liked his scenes with Ned/Olivia today.

I am loling over them bringing TJ back to presumably just have Morgan kill him in a drunken car accident or something. There are so many amazing things about that.

• Love 4

Yay Olivia and Ned! I have missed them. Why couldn't Leo have been Ned's.

Still like Dillon and Kiki. I could get on board with Nelle and Morgan...

Shut the fuck up Anna. Seriously, just shut it.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 6

A little of NLG/Alexis goes a long way. It's been months of her Acting! I need a break.

Agreed. I wish the "way" she would go would be offscreen with Wdv/Joo-lian. I can't think of a thing either one brings to the canvas that someone else doesn't do better.

Given Leo already exists, I would fully take a retcon that he's Ned's.  Or hell, Ned eventually adopting him.  We need more Q's not via Jason and Ned only having one kid after all these years is redonk.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, twoods said:

I could get on board with Nelle and Morgan...

I hate that Nelle wasn't more grossed out when Morgan pulled her into a kiss. Women aren't there for your revenge-fuck satisfaction, asshole. 

I can't get on board with Morgan and anyone until he starts to take some responsibility for his life and choices. He whines that he feels terrible, but he doesn't do anything about it. Andre told him to get his blood levels checked to be sure the drugs were working properly. But Morgan blows it off. We were discussing earlier that Morgan needed guidance and help, but he has to do his part. He's not. 

I'm legit looking forward to "the event that changes Port Charles forever" tomorrow. It's been ages since that happened. Of course, it helps that

Morgan will be gravely injured. (Fingers crossed.) Sucks that TJ gets dragged into it and probably dies, but TR hasn't had anything to do for ages, so TJ might as well go out in a dramatic fashion. And it will give Jordan something to focus on that isn't Julian or Paul. For that alone, TJ's death will be worth it.

21 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Given Leo already exists, I would fully take a retcon that he's Ned's.  Or hell, Ned eventually adopting him.  We need more Q's not via Jason and Ned only having one kid after all these years is redonk.

It would also give Ned a reason to be around for more than 20 minutes every six months.

• Love 6

When Satanic Sonny said "God doesn't deliver. He talks a good game but actually doesn't do a damn thing", it was like he was describing himself. Well except for the part where he said "He talks a good game". Sonny doesn't talk a good game. And forgive me Father for I'm about to sin but MB doesn't talk good period.

Ned and Olivia were very pretty to watch, I was actually glad my sister-in-law stopped by and talked through their scene because I'm sick of everyone talking about how bad Julian is while they worship at the altar of Sonny (Ned not included. I have a soft spot for Ned).

• Love 7

Ned and Olivia's quick turnaround after Julian said he didn't put the hook in the doorframe cracked me up. Ned and Dillon were in the boathouse earlier that day! Dillon is frustrated and upset. I know Ned and Olivia were worried about Julian, but he's not the type to do that sort of thing. They really should know that. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

Why the HELL does Olivia think Julian gives a single fuck about her and Ned being together? Me thinks she doth protest too much. She's the one who was all lovey dovey toward him last year, buying matching sweaters, insisting that he and Alexis put that big ass portrait in their living room znd insinuating herself into their lives.  I love how he just shut her down with 'oh you're back together? great, bye!'

not sure if the writers wanted me to alternately laugh and want to throw something at my TV during sonny's church scenes. I sure hope they were intended as comic relief.

I still like Kiki and Dillon, in spite of the 'best night of my life' line.  

ANna seriously needs to just STFU already. 'I wanted Julian to be tried and convicted. I kept Sonny from killing him. But now? i wont stop Sonny.'  ACK make it stop!!!!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I hate that Nelle wasn't more grossed out when Morgan pulled her into a kiss. Women aren't there for your revenge-fuck satisfaction, asshole. 

I've noticed that this is a pattern with Morgan. He grabbed Ava into a kiss, he grabbed Olivia into a kiss, and now Nelle. I do wish the Olivia/Morgan kiss had been exposed. The looks on everyone's faces would have been hilarious.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Sonny's "faith" has always been misguided. He thinks he can just do whatever he wants,(reminds me of some people I know IRL) whenever he wants, and God is under some kind of obligation to protect him from harm. Um, noooo. That's not how it works.  It's real cute that he thinks that, though.

• Love 7

So Sonny goes to Church to "talk to the Boss," seemingly to get his okey-dokey-smokey about killing Julian, and then when Griffin questions his faith launches into "where was God when I needed him?"  So, which is it you Orange Asshole?  Why ask for his blessing if you think he's sleeping on the job?  Ugh, this show.

Alexis has been working my last nerve of late, but I wish she had thrown one of those bottles of wine at Anna's head.  STFU, Anna!  The beatification of Duke is giving me a Franco-esque rage tumor.  He was a criminal.  He was a criminal who ordered a hit on Jordan.  He was a criminal who got shot because he was a criminal.  He wasn't no freakin' monument to justice!

• Love 13

I'm confused as to why Ned and Olivia think Julian would care about them boning. 

This Dillon/Kiki/Morgan thing is so tired and boring and stupid. What is it that Dillon supposedly sees in Kiki? There's no there there. Even if Morgan/Kiki break up I'm sure they'll get back together once it comes out that Ava switched his meds. I would rather deal with Dillon/Nelly rather than this. At least the bland wet drip isn't trash. Also, if the Nurses Ball was one of the best nights of Dillon's life that's pretty sad.

If Nelly is upset about her kidney being stolen she should kill Sonny because reasons. 

I wish Alexis had punched Anna in the face. She's so sickening.

Is going to a hotel restaurant to eat dinner by yourself a thing that people do?

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I wish she had thrown one of those bottles of wine at Anna's head.  STFU, Anna!  The beatification of Duke is giving me a Franco-esque rage tumor.  He was a criminal.  He was a criminal who ordered a hit on Jordan.  He was a criminal who got shot because he was a criminal.  He wasn't no freakin' monument to justice!

So much THIS.  I want Mac to overhear at least part of Anna going on about justice for Duke and the years 'stolen from him' by Julian. Then he should go off on her: "What about Liesel Obrecht's crimes?! Where's your outrage for Robin, huh? The time stolen from Robin and Emma? She not only tortured Robin, she almost killed Robert! And she knew where Victor Cassadine held Robin captive the second time! I just came from forcing Obrecht to stand down. She was threatening Maxie about Nathan's supposed kid. Anna, she shouldn't be walking free, able to threaten another one of my girls or anyone else for that matter - she should already be in prison after a case and trial championed by you.  But you're too damn busy focusing on getting Lavery's killer to think about justice for your own daughter. Anna, Lavery's dead because he chose to work as a criminal. Get that through your head, and move on. "

• Love 14
16 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Yes--how about making that Dean the new Police Commissioner?

Nah, the Dean was apologizing to Sonny for NOT being able stop Morgan's expulsion. I'd vote for whatever board that did authorize the expulsion. 

I wish that God would just tell Sonny that Sonny is a no good murdering bastard and that he was going to a very different place in the afterlife. And to fuck off. Sonny has a very hard time remembering the bare basic 10 commandments. Asshat.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Lillybee said:

When Sonny asked Griffin, do you think that I kill because it makes me feel good, I yelled at my TV, yes dummy, you said that right after you shot AJ.

Where was God when Sonny shot AJ?

Where was God when Sonny shot Dante in the chest?

Where was God when Sonny shot Carly in the head?

Where was God when Sonny hooked Karen Wexler on drugs?

Your move, Almighty.

• Love 12

Now that Sonny has thrown down his challenges to the Almighty, I would get such a hoot out of seeing Sonny wake up scared shitless from a very realistic dream (we wouldn't necessarily have to see it too) from which he would be convinced that he has to make up for everything he's done, including making Julian look good or forgiven or whatever. People would be shocked by his new behavior--it would shake up his family as well as his business associates--and Sonny could learn that he can't make up for murder especially. He'd still go to prison, but with a new attitude. 

BTW, now that Julian can't be tried again for the same offenses (double jeopardy, I suppose) I look for him to assume his real calling that I always knew he had. That is, he will be the golf or tennis pro onsite to give members lessons at the Port Charles Country Club. Doesn't he just have that calm, smooth look and manner?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I'm confused as to why Ned and Olivia think Julian would care about them boning. 

Because of Leo.

11 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Is going to a hotel restaurant to eat dinner by yourself a thing that people do?

If it's a good restaurant, why not? And it's not as if there's another fine-dining option in PC. Julian doesn't strike me as an Eli's ribs guy, or a BLT lover, for that matter. (No wonder Alexis wants him out of her life.)

• Love 4
On October 5, 2016 at 1:24 AM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I've had a change of heart about Morgan. Sonny is right to muse about Morgan's behavior. Morgan surprised and impressed me when he made plans to get a college degree. His parents got him into the university, but then they dropped the ball. The university is not like high school, and Morgan is not mature enough to cope with managing all the details and expectations of this new world. And he is struggling with his bipolar condition and lack of medication. His parents, his counselors, and his shrink should work together to ensure that he doesn't take an overwhelming load, manages time well, and knows how to study and research. Instead of trying to write the paper alone, he should have taken guidance from his parents or a college-educated friend or a tutor. Kiki lends some moral support, but is a babe in the woods too.

Morgan needs to get some successes under his belt at college. He deserved much more support for his courageous decision to seek more professional credentials. Carly and Sonny need to make a plan and petition the Dean to let Morgan back in. Maybe he could audit a couple of classes this semester to get used to it, and then take a partial load next semester as he learns how to cope.

On October 5, 2016 at 0:09 PM, dubbel zout said:

And it apparently happened years ago. 

I disagree that Carly and Sonny dropped the ball. If Morgan was feeling overwhelmed, it's on him to get help. But his pride doesn't always allow it. Sonny and Carly doing everything for him is one of the reasons he's in trouble in the first place, IMO. I'd argue they were wrong to pull strings to get him into PCU. He could have audited classes for the rest of the semester to get an idea of the workload and responsibilities. But being Morgan, he plunged in without thinking.

I sort of agree with P3pp3rb1rd. I do think Carly and Sonny dropped the ball if they forced the university to accept Morganl. Considering all the lines Andre often crosses, like interacting with Morgan outside of their sessions, he should have brought both Sonny and Carly in to a joint session with Morgan to talk them out enrolling Morgan into university until Morgan was more stable treaded lightly into academic life. If it didn't seem Morgan's family   (or one of Sonny/Carly's many enemies) didn't control the entire economy of Port Charles, to also find a job where he wasn't employed by a family member and work that for 6 months. Yes Morgan's an "adult", but just beginning adulthood and still closer to his teenage years than his 30s (when the character was first SORASed with AR, he was a similar age to Molly), and under the best of circumstances, the human brain doesn't full develop until one is 26 years old, coupled with being recently diagnosed with a sever mental disorder.

It seems that since we hardly heard anything about Morgan when he was in military school and the trouble only started when he got to university (which probably lacked the huge amount of structure that a military school would provide), I wonder if Morgan could be someone that does better in more regimented places and would even excel even past Michael in purely survival situations, like Reese in Malcolm in the Middle did when he entered the military for a short time. I wouldn't mind Morgan giving stories about his time in military school, with everyone assuming he hated it, but Morgan surprising everyone by saying he loved his time there and only went to Vanderbilt because he thought he wanted more freedom. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I want Mac to overhear at least part of Anna going on about justice for Duke and the years 'stolen from him' by Julian.

I just...I loved Anna/Duke and if RC hadn't stupidly and pointlessly ruined Duke, Anna would have been right.

Julian cost them decades, he cost them any other children they might have had. He cost them an entire lifetime and that is an immeasurable loss. If RC hadn't ruined Duke, Anna's grief and rage would be entirely reasonable - but RC just...he ruins everything

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I sort of agree with P3pp3rb1rd. I do think Carly and Sonny dropped the ball if they forced the university to accept Morganl. Considering all the lines Andre often crosses, like interacting with Morgan outside of their sessions, he should have brought both Sonny and Carly in to a joint session with Morgan to talk them out enrolling Morgan into university until Morgan was more stable treaded lightly into academic life. If it didn't seem Morgan's family   (or one of Sonny/Carly's many enemies) didn't control the entire economy of Port Charles, to also find a job where he wasn't employed by a family member and work that for 6 months. Yes Morgan's an "adult", but just beginning adulthood and still closer to his teenage years than his 30s (when the character was first SORASed with AR, he was a similar age to Molly), and under the best of circumstances, the human brain doesn't full develop until one is 26 years old, coupled with being recently diagnosed with a sever mental disorder.

It seems that since we hardly heard anything about Morgan when he was in military school and the trouble only started when he got to university (which probably lacked the huge amount of structure that a military school would provide), I wonder if Morgan could be someone that does better in more regimented places and would even excel even past Michael in purely survival situations, like Reese in Malcolm in the Middle did when he entered the military for a short time. I wouldn't mind Morgan giving stories about his time in military school, with everyone assuming he hated it, but Morgan surprising everyone by saying he loved his time there and only went to Vanderbilt because he thought he wanted more freedom. 

This is too much for the writers to handle.

• Love 3

I can't read the post-trial Julian. He said he wouldn't come back to bother Alexis, and was just picking up a box of belongings, but I think he wanted to see how she was doing after the trial and what her mental state is. Does he want to tempt her back, and  is she likewise still attracted to him, since she hasn't changed the locks or reported his violation of the restraining order? They seem almost co-dependent. If he doesn't leave Port Charles, I'm guessing that they will reunite, maybe over Sam's baby. Or even before.

• Love 1

I think the whole issue with Anna is, she  thinks she's smarter and better than all the  other dumb women in Port Charles.  If she has to admit that Duke was a murderering mobster, who reaped the seeds he sowed- even if he did have a brief moment where he tried to get out-well, that just puts her square in the middle with everyone else.  She's now on the same level of desperation about men, as people like CARLY. So, it's two things that Anna just can't/won't face. That Duke got the kind of ending you have coming to you when you do the things he did-and that she is as bad as everyone else for loving someone who had moments where he was a  very bad man.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sonny: No son or daughter of mine will pay for the things I do because I protect them all from my business.

Me: The fuck you say?

It was decoy Michael who was shot in the head. You know, a dummy in the coffee warehouse. Morgan, Michael and Kristina were never kidnapped by Faith Roscoe, and Dante was never shot in the chest by his own father. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I just...I loved Anna/Duke and if RC hadn't stupidly and pointlessly ruined Duke, Anna would have been right.

Julian cost them decades, he cost them any other children they might have had. He cost them an entire lifetime and that is an immeasurable loss. If RC hadn't ruined Duke, Anna's grief and rage would be entirely reasonable - but RC just...he ruins everything

I understand that Anna and Duke have fans. However, my understanding is that back in the day, when Anna and Duke met and then got together, he was a criminal.  In recent times, he went back to being a criminal, and got murdered.  

My point is that Duke was not Mr. Good Guy/Upstanding Citizen through life. On the other hand, due to the fallout of her own choices, then a man obsessed with her, and then Victor Cassadine's knowledge of Robin as a brilliant doctor, Anna missed out on what, a decade or so of Robin's life?  Respectfully to you -to me, that is an immeasurable loss.  She owes a hell of a lot more to her only child than to a man whose choices got himself killed. Her line that she shouldn't have let Robin talk her into staying (when's she's lost out on more than two years of family time with Robin, Emma and Patrick!!) because she should have been in PC to ensure justice re: Duke's death, was just utterly disgusting. 

Anna shows poor judgement in her family/personal life, again and again. Duke is not half the man Robert is/was, and I don't believe she truly values her daughter and grandchild as a mother/grandmother should. 

ETA: So the Johnny-Kristina-car scenario got recycled, but this time with Julian-Morgan, except Morgan was no innocent. Not so imaginative, writers.   For anyone keeping count, re: Sonny's kids (older than age 3-ish) : one bullet to the chest, one bullet to the head + jail time, two explosions.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Did Sonny have someone put that bomb in Julian's car? If so, poetic justice.

Yeah, Sonny calling off the hit at the last moment (because of Griffin's words) is basically a recycled scene - replace Griffin w/Alexis, Julian w/AJ (not played by SK at the time) as the topic of argument, the church w/the Penthouse. It was the night Kristina was conceived. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sonny: No son or daughter of mine will pay for the things I do because I protect them all from my business.

Me: The fuck you say?

Sonny has a fever.

58 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I think the whole issue with Anna is, she  thinks she's smarter and better than all the  other dumb women in Port Charles. 

I would switch out "Carly" with "Alexis" maybe. I think Anna has maybe given Carly about two thoughts total.

Maybe Anna doesn't want to admit to herself she's not as stupid as Alexis, but Anna doesn't come off as someone who thinks she's better than all the women in town.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Is Ava off this show yet?

She and Sonny have to take one more roll over someone's grave, so Morgan's. After which, a bottle of pills labeled "Fake pills 2 to give 2 Morgan" will fall out of her coat pocket. Julian will come by and see Sonny choking Ava, and shoot Sonny to protect Ava, but accidentally gets Ava instead, so technically, Sonny didn't kill her.

Who wants to bet against me? Huh? Huh? WHO?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 13