Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

why a cuff-link found on the hospital laboratory floor is a clue to the hospital killer.

I think because Valerie was knocked out and the cufflink taken from her.  Why else would anyone do that unless they were trying to hide their identity.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Jane Elliot acted her butt off in Tracy trying to maintain her calm with Paul. I actually watched their scenes. 

Jane Elliot is The Best.  I have worshipped her for decades.  Every single younger actor on GH should study her every move and line delivery; what an education.   Why she was never a major star is Hollywood I'll never understand, but selfishly I'm glad we've had her on this show as long as we have.  And damn, she is looking fabulous lately (without all the 'cosmetic intervention' ala JZ and LC).  Oh - and I envy her hair :)

Jane Elliot's projection of the array of Tracy's emotions was beyond brilliant.  Paul's victims, Monica and Sabrina, are women she loves.  Her anger at the person who harmed them is suddenly focused on a man she once loved.  However, Susan was Tracy's stepdaughter and she loved her.  You could see her heart break for Susan and Paul.  Paul is her son's father.  What will finding out that his father has lost his mind and become a serial killer do to him.  Then there was the terror she was feeling.  Tracy was controlled but frantic in trying to find her way out of danger.  Jane Elliot was perfection today. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

The only context I want Anna to mention Duke from now on is if she sits on a bed with Griffin and starts talking about how International Coffee Day was Duke's favorite holiday. Yes I did just look that up.

That might get me off the barge!

• Love 2

I've read rumors that JE may be leaving.  They're not going to have Paul kill her, right?

With Nelle's sudden interest in Sabrina's death, I'm wondering if show killed off Sabrina to make way for Nelle.

I've long been a little disturbed over FH's bone-protruding chest.  Wardrobe seems to treat it as something sexy that needs to be on display.

7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I have no problem with Liz saying she lives paycheck to paycheck.  She's a single mom with three kids and we have no idea what, if any, money she gets from Lucky (doubt any) or Jason.  Lots of working Americans are in the same boat.  Did they say she can't pay her medical bills (I might've zoned out)?  That would be stupid--but insurance not paying for a home-care nurse wouldn't surprise me.  Still, the whole "Franco is paying for it" is eye-rollingly bad.  Almost as bad as Hayden demanding Liz pay her lawyer bills.  

Jane Elliot is one of the few bright spots on this show.  And on a shallow note, she looks fantastic!

I agree on Liz.  It's just typical character assassination by show.  At the very least Elizabeth is getting workman's comp for being attacked on the job, but I would think it would be more believable if Liz was simply transferred to another hospital.  If they had to have her at home, having her unable to procure a home health nurse, and having Franco hovering to care for her is more believable.  Otherwise, her sister Sarah could have surprised her by hiring a nurse. 

5 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

As far as me and my sister,  I do love her- she is the one who taught me to fight. She probably forgot there would be numerous times I'd use that knowledge on her, and her on me. So on the one hand, when Hayden and Liz get into their fights, I go "awww", because warm feelings and memories.(furniture was broken, scars were made, beatings were given).  OTOH, Hayden and Liz are really just so dull any other time, I cannot bring myself to care about their sisterly "bond". I've said it before: they literally are the same person. There isn't enough "conflict" there in terms of personality difference, for me to get invested. Yesterday proved it-one sister berating the other for....the very thing she herself is doing. And not a bit of self awareness on Liz's part about the irony of it all. Lordy. Jeff Webber's girls are FFwd material personified. Props to those who are enjoying them, I guess.

The whole Paul/Tracy thing is the only reason I peeked in last week and this. Two pros pro-ing it. This is as good as this show gets these days.

I don't feel Elizabeth was berating Hayden for doing the "very same thing she herself is doing".  Liz has always worked full time and picked up extra shifts.  Jason may have bought her old house, but that was in lieu of a lifetime of child support and being in his son's life.  Elizabeth is and always has been the only steady and consistent parental presence in her boys' lives.  She's currently allowing Franco to provide health care because she was attacked by a serial killer, and the hospital that was caring for her is now closed.  Her need for a home care nurse is pretty essential a day or two after life-saving surgery.  If Liz were well, I imagine she'd already be interviewing for other jobs.  Hayden has been living off of misgotten means for year.  She's made no attempt to make money other than fleecing, blackmail, and marrying a rich man, and she's clearly not about to make money by honest means.  I just don't see a comparison.

• Love 9

Did Anna stare at photos of Duke on her phone all day when she was in California? It's so awful what they've done to her.

I don't think FH looks different. It's probably just being away from this fakakta show for six weeks. That would refresh anyone.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

K. Storms was great today. Maxie behaving like an adult, and a non-ditzy supportive fiance was the most I've ever liked her. I wonder if that was more K. Storms talking than Maxie, though. 

Except for calling Claudette a bitch, I agree.

Griffin's impatience with Claudette was the second best thing about today's ep. JE was the first, of course.

Ugh, the Andre/Curtis stuff was so dumb. Just pull down your pants and measure those things. Though it was kind of refreshing to see men acting as childish as the women do.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

With Nelle's sudden interest in Sabrina's death, I'm wondering if show killed off Sabrina to make way for Nelle.

With Josslyn trying to push Nelle toward Michael well before Sabrina had even died, I think that's at least one reason why.  The other was probably that they needed to make sure they had no one to testify against Julian so he could get off.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lillybee said:

I may be as dumb as Morgan but I really don't understand why a cuff-link found on the hospital laboratory floor is a clue to the hospital killer.

Because all the men on this show dress like homeless people besides Sonny, Dr. Finn McBain MD Esquire, and Paul Hornsby DA murderer for revenge of the catatonic.  Sonny uses guns to shoot you before he nearly bores you to tears before he kills (or blows you up), Dr. Finn McBain has been cleared, so Paul is the only viable suspect left.  Well, besides Andre, but they ruled that out.  (Which would have been a crazy awesome plot twist, but apparently now we will have to watch the world's most boring love triangle play out- but hey anything to end Anna reminiscing over her dead cat, right?)  *And by male cast, I mean the ones we see, not the ones we never get to see or the ones who have been in jail throughout this story, like Julian*

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Did Anna stare at photos of Duke on her phone all day when she was in California?

She was probs crying on the daily, too. They should have at least dropped that she was continuing to have therapy sessions or something. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

She was probs crying on the daily, too. 

Ugh. All her tears and anger about Julian because of Duke's death only serve to remind me she's shown zero motivation to try to build a case against Dr. O, the one who nearly killed her beloved ex-husband/father of her daughter with a needle meant for her daughter and who tortured that daughter. But really, why would we think at this point that she would want justice for her own family, who are not criminals?

Pretty sure Anna's spent more time mourning Duke on screen than her own daughter (after the lab explosion). Her sadness for Emma re: Sabrina fell flat for me, too, because she wasn't there back when Patrick had to tell Robin that Mommy wasn't coming home, which was a thousand times worse. Also Emma has her Mommy back; Sabrina has not been a part of her life for a while now. In fact the last time Emma was in Port Charles (for NB), it was Sam who spoke of going to say Hi to Emma. 

The way she was about the Drake Family re: Sabrina and about Julian's case today was all kinds of wrong.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Did Anna stare at photos of Duke on her phone all day when she was in California? It's so awful what they've done to her.

I don't think FH looks different. It's probably just being away from this fakakta show for six weeks. That would refresh anyone.

Except for calling Claudette a bitch, I agree.

Griffin's impatience with Claudette was the second best thing about today's ep. JE was the first, of course.

Ugh, the Andre/Curtis stuff was so dumb. Just pull down your pants and measure those things. Though it was kind of refreshing to see men acting as childish as the women do.

Ugh, I used to love Anna, but now she's just a #Justice4Duke Stepford wife.  And I actually resent the fact she a. blows back into town and demands Jordan answer to her as if she's still the Police Commissioner and b. that she's back for 12 minutes and in between mooning over her phone solves the serial killings.  Blow me, show.

Griffin amused me today.  The only thing that would've made it better is if he said "I don't have time for you, Claudette.  Between performing brain surgeries and officiating memorial services, my plate is full." 

The only good thing about the Andre/Curtis scenes was shirtless Curtis.  He should just do all his scenes that way so I could at least have something pretty to look at to deal with the stupid.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

But really, why would we think at this point that she would want justice for her own family, who are not criminals?

This is a woman who thought Robin had PTSD and was more concerned with Patrick's "deserved" happiness.

• Love 3

I cannot believe Paul bought his daughter a birthday cake and apparently left the whole thing behind without cutting her a piece. You don't waste cake, Paul, and it's even worse to wave it under a woman's nose and not offer her a slice. That's just rude. I was all set to forgive you for bumping off some folks, but the cake wasting pushed me over the edge.

• Love 16
12 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

This doesn't sound like Lucky or Jason. 

But we don't know anything about Lucky. Does he have a paying job? I can't remember the last time the show mentioned Lucky's job status. Legally he is still Jake's father. And he might be on Aiden's birth certificate. He isn't on Cameron's, we had the damn mini custody battle years ago. Lucky had no rights to Cam as he had never legally adopted him. Jason isn't on Jake's birth certificate.  So the only interesting thing there would be to see if Jason would fight to be on record as Jake's legal father. Or if Lucky would put up a fight.

I wish this show had a real preteen set. Cam would have the best damn storylines.  He should be livid with Liz, Lucky and Jason. All of them. Liz would probably get the brunt of it, of course. She has been the only parent constantly in his life. She screwed up with Jason/Jake. Jason should also be getting some major shit from Cam. The man promised to adopt him and after the truth came out, he promised to stick around them. The man just disappeared from his life. Lucky did the same thing. He outright abandoned Cam and Aiden after Jake's "death". Cam should be asking questions about his biological father and family. And maybe he should be on screen talking to a therapist  (ala Jake) about his conflicted feelings about Jake's return and all that has happened. Gee, an interesting kid story. What a concept! 

Shut up Anna. Duke was a mob godfather stand in. Not a fucking saint.

Paul and Tracy saved the episode. Of course! Maybe Dillon should ask Michael to contact Sly Eckert again. Sly and Susan were pretty close. They had to be more so once Paul and Jenny got married. They lived with them.

And yay, we get to hear more about how changed Maxie is after becoming a mother. A mother who sees her kid, in person, about 3 times a year. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, stlbf said:

I wish this show had a real preteen set. Cam would have the best damn storylines.  He should be livid with Liz, Lucky and Jason. All of them. Liz would probably get the brunt of it, of course. She has been the only parent constantly in his life. She screwed up with Jason/Jake. Jason should also be getting some major shit from Cam. The man promised to adopt him and after the truth came out, he promised to stick around them. The man just disappeared from his life. Lucky did the same thing. He outright abandoned Cam and Aiden after Jake's "death". Cam should be asking questions about his biological father and family. And maybe he should be on screen talking to a therapist  (ala Jake) about his conflicted feelings about Jake's return and all that has happened. Gee, an interesting kid story. What a concept! 

All of this. Yes. I refuse to believe Lucky is a deadbeat. In my head, he is totally a WSB agent and is sending child support. Teen!Cam should put them ALL on blast. Remember Braden Walkes and his wonderful BabyBitchFace at Jason? What I wouldn't give to have Cam read them all - Lucky, Liz, and Jason - for filth. Then he can turn his attentions to his psycho cousin Spencer, whose sainted mother got his bio father Zander killed. And when did Spencer learn about SWSNBN anyway? I would've thought he would think Emily was his mother.

• Love 8
Just now, Melgaypet said:

All of this. Yes. I refuse to believe Lucky is a deadbeat. In my head, he is totally a WSB agent and is sending child support. Teen!Cam should put them ALL on blast. Remember Braden Walkes and his wonderful BabyBitchFace at Jason? What I wouldn't give to have Cam read them all - Lucky, Liz, and Jason - for filth. Then he can turn his attentions to his psycho cousin Spencer, whose sainted mother got his bio father Zander killed. And when did Spencer learn about SWSNBN anyway? I would've thought he would think Emily was his mother.

Money isn't everything to a kid. It is the fact that the show can't even bother to have Liz, Lulu, Nik or Laura mention Lucky visiting the boys or taking them for vacation a couple of times a year. But nope. Lucky is still nursing his Jake/Siobhan losses and darkness bullshit to be visiting the boys. Jake miraculously returns from the dead and he can't be bothered to stay with him for more than 2 days. Of course, he left them pretty much for good, just a couple of weeks before Aiden's 1st birthday party.

Spencer. I'm always shocked that he never considers Emily his mother. She was the one who raised him for what, 2 or 3 years? SkipperBitch died right after Spencer's birth. 

Of course, I've never understood why Monica has never been close to Liz's boys and Spencer.  Spencer was Emily's only kid. She raised the tot. And Liz practically grew up at the Q mansion. She and Emily considered themselves sisters. Monica wasn't quite as close to Liz as Bobbie was, but that was due to the rape and its aftermath. Monica never seemed to have anything to do with any of the boys. Which is just plain weird to me. Fuck, Sabrina was made out to be family after just dating Michael. Tracy wanted to adopt Teddy. Liz spent YEARS at the Qs and her boys couldn't be asked over? No pleas to Nik to allow her to visit Spencer when Nik took Spencer away after Emily's death? It always annoyed me when the show had Spencer go on about SkipperBitch and not a word about Emily. Who supposedly was the real love of his father's life.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, stlbf said:

But we don't know anything about Lucky. Does he have a paying job? I can't remember the last time the show mentioned Lucky's job status.

I understand what you're saying. There are a lot of unanswered questions. I think the last bit of news about Lucky (besides his off-screen return for Nik's funeral) was obviously during his last return in 2015. I remember Patrick saying that Lucky goes on "adventures" around the world, whatever that means. Then Liz said that Lucky Skype'd with Aiden pretty frequently and was worried that she couldn't get in touch with him.

I guess I'm more willing to assume he supports Liz and the kids financially. Same with Jason. There's too much history on-screen with them both that proves they care about the well-being of their kids. Lucky took care of Cam and Jake, who weren't even HIS. Jason, even when he broke up with Liz, gave Liz millions and set up a trust fund and bought her home.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Monica wasn't quite as close to Liz as Bobbie was,

Were they close? I don't remember them really interacting as more than mother of friend/friend of daughter and then as co-workers. Monica was delighted by the idea of her dating AJ, but that ended...not well

28 minutes ago, stlbf said:

but that was due to the rape and its aftermath.

Liz was closer to all of the Spencers. Wasn't that how she ended up as Emily's friend, through Lucky? And it's definitely how she became a nurse. I remember how random it was that one day Bobbie was showing her around the nurses station

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I understand what you're saying. There are a lot of unanswered questions. I think the last bit of news about Lucky (besides his off-screen return for Nik's funeral) was obviously during his last return in 2015. I remember Patrick saying that Lucky goes on "adventures" around the world, whatever that means. Then Liz said that Lucky Skype'd with Aiden pretty frequently and was worried that she couldn't get in touch with him.

I guess I'm more willing to assume he supports Liz and the kids financially. Same with Jason. There's too much history on-screen with them both that proves they care about the well-being of their kids. Lucky took care of Cam and Jake, who weren't even HIS. Jason, even when he broke up with Liz, gave Liz millions and set up a trust fund and bought her home.

The Skype thing was a shocker. That was the first time in years that anyone mentioned Lucky even talking to any kid. Usually someone would just say that Lucky hadn't see the boys since he left. Which was why Liz could get touchy on the subject. She was upset for quite awhile. 

Jason's money was lost with some bad investments. And I don't think that it was millions of dollars. Probably a few hundred thousand. The bad investments did jive with our economic situation too. Although it would be great for it to come out that Raymond Berlin was guy who ruined the nest egg for Liz, Steve and the boys. Give HayChel a bill for that.

It would be nice if the show would tackle this crap. Have Liz talking about her bills and income. Maybe have someone ask her if Jason pays her support. Or if Lucky pays for Aiden. Or for Aiden and Jake. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Oracle42 said:

Liz was closer to all of the Spencers. Wasn't that how she ended up as Emily's friend, through Lucky?

Liz initially took an interest in Emily to impress Lucky. 

But, yeah, Liz was closer to Lucky's family than the Qs even though Emily was also her friend. And then even when she was with Jason, that was a will they/won't they thing and then a secret son/relationship, so she didn't have contact with the Qs during that either.

3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It was $5 million. He said it during their final breakup in 2008.

Whatever. What was the point of all that? To emasculate Lucky because he didn't have millions in blood money to throw around? To make Liz - the SURGICAL NURSE - look weak and dependant on a man?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Were they close? I don't remember them really interacting as more than mother of friend/friend of daughter and then as co-workers. Monica was delighted by the idea of her dating AJ, but that ended...not well

Liz was closer to all of the Spencers. Wasn't that how she ended up as Emily's friend, through Lucky? And it's definitely how she became a nurse. I remember how random it was that one day Bobbie was showing her around the nurses station

With besties like Emily and Liz, you spend time with each other's families. I would buy Monica not being a second mother to Liz. Especially with Liz being Jeff's daughter. But with as close as Em and Liz were and with how close Emily was with Monica, I refuse to believe that Monica wouldn't be somewhat close to Liz. Especially after Em's death. The Qs are not as touchy feely close as the Spencer/Webber family was with Laura and Bobbie running the family. 

2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It was $5 million. He said it during their final breakup in 2008.

Which would make it even more fun if Raymond Berlin and his company did have a hand in stealing it. And just claiming that it was lost in bad investments.  What moron would suggest investing ALL of someone's savings in investments and not keep a decent percentage in the bank to a young single person with kids and no background in finance, but a thief?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, stlbf said:

But with as close as Em and Liz were and with how close Emily was with Monica, I refuse to believe that Monica wouldn't be somewhat close to Liz.

And I don't disagree. It's just unfortunate the show chose not to really show it.

6 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Whatever. What was the point of all that? To emasculate Lucky because he didn't have millions in blood money to throw around? To make Liz - the SURGICAL NURSE - look weak and dependant on a man?

Hey, he said the money was clean. ;)

But, tbh, not to defend him, but that's who Jason was. He took care of people. This is the dude who wanted to pay for Robin's education AND her HIV meds.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, stlbf said:

What moron would suggest investing ALL of someone's savings in investments

Steve. I'm pretty sure it was Steven Lars

3 minutes ago, stlbf said:

But with as close as Em and Liz were and with how close Emily was with Monica, I refuse to believe that Monica wouldn't be somewhat close to Liz.

I don't think that ever played out onscreen. And most parents of teens on soaps aren't close to their teenager's friends, even their best friends - unless they end up having an affair with them. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Did Liz ever tell Jason that she lost all of the money? Cause I assume he would have replenished the trust if she had

Which could be a good way to get Jason doing something.  Have him become curious about these alleged bad investments and see if they lead somewhere. Perhaps to Raymond Berlin?  Maybe to the Cassadines? Or someone else.

RE: Monica/Liz

And more's the pity that shows don't air more teen/friends/families together times. Because it happens to most of us. My BFF is another daughter to my mom. Me? Not the same, but her family life truly was nuts/unstable. Thanks to mental illness.

• Love 1

But that wasn't Monica's character. She wasn't a "second mom to her children's friends" type - and it never seemed like Liz was looking for that kind of relationship with Monica. It made sense with Laura and Bobbi, in terms of both character and history, but that's not Monica - at least, not any version of her that I ever saw onscreen. I can maybe imagine Alan doing that? but not Monica

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, stlbf said:

Which could be a good way to get Jason doing something.  Have him become curious about these alleged bad investments and see if they lead somewhere. Perhaps to Raymond Berlin?  Maybe to the Cassadines? Or someone else.

I don't think so. From what I've been able to understand from Hayden's mess of a backstory -  Berlin was an extremely successful investor until he was prosecuted for running a Ponzi scheme. If Liz had invested with him, she'd have made huge gains and lost them all when he was arrested and the Fund collapsed. I guess he could've set up an investment and faked the returns so he could steal money? But that's not how a Ponzi scheme works and it would draw a LOT of attention. But if they were going to do a story about the money Liz lost, Hayden would make more sense than Jsson

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

The only context I want Anna to mention Duke from now on is if she sits on a bed with Griffin and starts talking about how International Coffee Day was Duke's favorite holiday. Yes I did just look that up.

Talking about International Coffee Day would be leaps and bounds more interesting than any of the killing/justice/'good deeds by killers' plot lines that this show has attempted.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

*dies laughing*

IWantCandy, I disagree with you about some things, but you are wonderful. Anyone who respects the sanctity of cake is my friend.

I believe most of the world's disagreements could be helped by sitting down at a table and sharing cake and a cold glass of milk. :)

On a more somber note, I feel sorry for Susan.  Mental illness just gets to me. It's very likely Paul is going to jail, if someone doesn't kill him. Susan won't understand why he won't be coming back to visit her, and I'll bet he was the only visitor she was getting. Not that I think she needs to stick around(though I wouldn't mind more people filling the Q mansion), but a mention of Dillon, Ned or Tracy going to visit her, or getting her help, every now and then would be nice. When we get rid of about a dozen of the hangers on that we don't need, if the show is still around, maybe then they could bring her on. 

Richard Burgi is so awesome, and he and Jane click so well. What might have been. *sigh*

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 5

I realize this is TFGH, but Anna is/was a cop. She does realize that she conducted an illegal search of Paul's room, right? And that nothing she found would be admissible in court?

Also, those are some BIG cufflinks! I don't know any man who would wear cufflinks the size of a half dollar.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I realize this is TFGH, but Anna is/was a cop. She does realize that she conducted an illegal search of Paul's room, right? And that nothing she found would be admissible in court?

Whack job Anna doesn't care about your pesky rules and laws. She will do whatever it takes, including trying to murder someone, to make sure justice is served.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't think so. From what I've been able to understand from Hayden's mess of a backstory -  Berlin was an extremely successful investor until he was prosecuted for running a Ponzi scheme. If Liz had invested with him, she'd have made huge gains and lost them all when he was arrested and the Fund collapsed. I guess he could've set up an investment and fake the returns so he could steal money? But that's not how a Ponzi scheme works and it would draw a LOT of attention. But if they were going to do a story about the money Liz lost, Hayden would make more sense than Jsson

Why would it be unlikely that Raymond Berlin just stole Liz's investment money? The man is a thief. He wasn't really successful.  He took money from people, conned more people into giving him more money. Paid a small percentage of the new money to the other investors and kept the rest. He is a con man. He probably never invested any of the money.  And Liz likely wouldn't know what questions to ask what the hell happened to her money. So easy cash for him. And at least that search would give Jason something to do. Besides bitch about Franco, hang out with also barely working Sam and now pat Sonny's hand.

24 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I believe most of the world's disagreements could be helped by sitting down at a table and sharing cake and a cold glass of milk. :)

On a more somber note, I feel sorry for Susan.  Mental illness just gets to me. It's very likely Paul is going to jail, if someone doesn't kill him. Susan won't understand why he won't be coming back to visit her, and I'll bet he was the only visitor she was getting. Not that I think she needs to stick around(though I wouldn't mind more people filling the Q mansion), but a mention of Dillon, Ned or Tracy going to visit her, or getting her help, every now and then would be nice. When we get rid of about a dozen of the hangers on that we don't need, if the show is still around, maybe then they could bring her on. 

Richard Burgi is so awesome, and he and Jane click so well. What might have been. *sigh*

I just hope that the show at least remembers to say that Jenny, Sly or Paul Jr decides  to takeover Susan's care.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Pretty sure Anna's spent more time mourning Duke on screen than her own daughter

I think this is the most time Anna has spent doing anything. Good grief. It's endless.

10 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

the cake wasting pushed me over the edge

Who does Paul think he is, Kannie? #JusticeForCake

8 hours ago, Oracle42 said:
8 hours ago, stlbf said:

What moron would suggest investing ALL of someone's savings in investments

Steve. I'm pretty sure it was Steven Lars

It was definitely Steven Lars. He called it a sure thing. Idiot. (Not that it absolves Liz, but it was her brother telling her this.)

Liz losing her money could have been one of the first inklings that Raymond Berlin's Ponzi scheme was falling apart.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, stlbf said:

Why would it be unlikely that Raymond Berlin just stole Liz's investment money? The man is a thief. He wasn't really successful.

Well, they've modeled him on Madoff, who lived like a billionaire for decades. He wasn't a petty thief, he perpetrated a very long-term fraud on a massive scale. Just stealing money would have stupidly drawn attention to that fraud - it wouldn't be worth it.

23 hours ago, stlbf said:

and at least that search would give Jason something to do.

He doesn't do investigative work. That particular kind of investigation would require forensic accounting and someone with a background in finance - which would be a great option for Hayden/Curtis/Sam and Offscreen!Spin if the "writers" ever decide to let people work again. Upscale the private investigations to private security work

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Talking about International Coffee Day would be leaps and bounds more interesting than any of the killing/justice/'good deeds by killers' plot lines that this show has attempted.

Well, considering that the show is now pushing SonnyBucks as a "real" enterprise, maybe there will be actual celebrations.  Val can get misty-eyed while she holds a cup of coffee "My mom's favorite holiday was International Coffee Day."  The characters can all have buttons or shirts with coffee mugs.  Heather Webber can put LSD in someone's coffee.   I'm down.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Well, they've modeled him on Madoff, who lived like a billionaire for decades; he wasn't a petty thief. He perpetrated a very long-term fraud on a massive scale. Just stealing money would have stupidly drawn attention to that fraud - it wouldn't be worth it.

It would not surprise me to find out that one of the ways he made money was to intentionally advise clients to invest in stocks that he knew would be losers.  He takes the money, doesn't buy the stock, waits for it to bottom out, then tells the client "you lost it all."  Meanwhile, he has the money, and he can either keep it or use it to pay someone who he owes.  So it wouldn't be, on its face, just stealing someone's money, in a way where they'd say "hey, I gave you money to invest, where is it?"  He'd be telling them that he invested it in this opportunity for them, and, unfortunately, it didn't pan out, and they lost the money.  It wouldn't draw immediate attention, and he could have banked on those clients he duped being too stupid to look beyond whatever information he's giving them.  It could be something he only pulled on clients who came across like they had absolutely zero idea how the market worked, who wouldn't look beyond whatever information he provided them.  And he'd have the barest bones of backup for his story - documentation of the stock prices when he allegedly made the purchase and when they bottomed out, which would be enough to sell his story to someone with limited knowledge.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

It wouldn't draw immediate attention, and he could have banked on those clients he duped being too stupid to look beyond whatever information he's giving them

That's true. He would have to mock up a transaction confirmation,  but that certainly shouldn't be beyond him. I just don't see the point - unless it allows her to shut Hayden up.

But how would he know when it was safe to bilk someone out of $5M!! Sometimes, the people with the least knowledge are the most persistent when it comes to something like this. Madoff was successful because he had consistent positive returns. Losses like that would have reduced his client base and he wouldn't have been able to handle occasional distributions.

Edited by Oracle42
2 hours ago, stlbf said:

I just hope that the show at least remembers to say that Jenny, Sly or Paul Jr decides  to takeover Susan's care.

Seriously-after making it the  main motivation behind so many people dying, they'd better follow up with at least a mention now and then. She is Dillon's sister, and was a step member of the Spencer and Q families. Bobbie, Tracy, Monica, Ned, and possibly Laura(I think there were mentions that Susan, Sly and Lucky played together) all knew her as a little girl.  I don't have a lot of faith that they will, but it's those kind of little touches that add layers to the show for me.

• Love 2

If they're trying to connect Raymond Berlin's crime to the citizens of PC, they need to do it through more than Scott and Finn. And Liz losing money because of him gives her a better reason to be at odds with Hayden instead of this dumb Jason/Nik garbage. At least for me, fighting over money is a less offensive reason than fighting over two dipshit men.

• Love 8