Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I LOVE Julian the badass mobster. Don't mess with his family!

WTH, Nina. Are you an idiot? Don't answer that. Did she smile when she asked Nathan what was bothering him. And smiling more when she said she always knew when he was hurting? When my family members are sad and hurting, I don't smile from ear to ear. (Weird acting choice).

Finally, did Lulu tell Maxie that Dante told her that Nathan was his best partner?! Suck it, Lucky!

I love #Julexis so much.

• Love 3
(edited)

I agree, it should be good. Olivia needs someone to mother and feed pasta to and poor Morgan definitely needs a mother.

I think drunk Olivia would start making out with Morgan. Those two had chemistry. I'd advocate them getting together, but I don't want Morgan latching on to women 20 years older to become some recurring punchline/joke on the show.

After everything that happened and the superficial way the show glossed over it to repair the status quo, Lulu and Maxie's friendships rings super false to me these days.

Lulu comes across like Maxie's mom/older sister to me these days. Partly because ER looks older and partly because Maxie is a perpetual precious-moments-faced numbskull.

That just speaks to the high number of truly terrible characters on the canvas.  I don't hate Alice, she's just kinda there, but I'm definitely not super invested in her plight.

I hate this story because I get second-hand embarrassment trying to watch the actress emote.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I honestly haven't watched since Nina woke up, since I loathe Michelle Stafford and her wonky acting tics, but I went back today and caught up with story via YouTube clips.

Questions: Why can't anyone tell that Nina is 100% Kate Crackernuts wackypants?  Isn't Sam going to tear Patrick a new asshole when she learns that he knew Jason was alive all along?  Why is Fluke still happening?  Remember when we all called Fluke from day one approximately one million years ago?  Why aren't Julian and Alexis having sex non-stop?  Most importantly, why is Sonny?  It's killing me and I know Ron is just loving this dreck and I can't even with this shit so I have to swim back out to the barge. 

I see non-consensual party fun is still a thing since Nina roofied Silas.  I feel like Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka telling Mike Teevee "Stop. Don't."  in his totally resigned tone.  As for Silas, I will forever love the man who plays him but Ron is writing the guy as dumb as a two by four. I'm still concerned about the amount of weight ME has lost.  He looks so sickly to me.  I have to go and watch some Port Charles to rid myself of the sadness.

There's not one SL or couple that I care about.  My only hope is that when

Jason comes back he'll be Jason Q

and want nothing to do with the moobster. 

Ha!  It is to laugh!  A feeble hope, soon to be extinguished.

• Love 4

Dear God, even in her background expressions, Kiki is beyond horrible.

Thank you for bringing this up. It's like someone told her about the snarling stank face she typically makes & therfore she went to the other extreme. She had that exaggarated smile through all her scenes today.

Molly didn't bother me today. She just found out the only home she's ever known burned down & minutes later in walks Julian. A guy she believes framed her father. I think. I feel HP did good with the material she was given.

Count me in as another poster who doesn't buy or feel the Maxie/Lulu friendship anymore.

To me, BC has improved. I wouldn't have felt anything with the Alice scenes, if it weren't for him.

Who do I have to pay for us to get a couples day or a week without MSt/Nina on my screen.

• Love 7
(edited)

So are tptb saying that Nina's love for Silas is the same as Nathan's love for Maxie?

I was hoping that the wrestler storyline was going to involve an ex of Alice's.  Bummer.

Edited by Rick Kitchen

To me, BC has improved. I wouldn't have felt anything with the Alice scenes, if it weren't for him.

Also that the little mini-bonding arc he had with Alice last summer is like, more bonding time with her than Monica/Michael/Tracy had with her combined. That is how much Alice is on the periphery.

previews: Joss looks like she's about to stomp over Spencer.

So are tptb saying that Nina's love for Silas is the same as Nathan's love for Maxie?

But Nina doesn't love Silas, right?  I thought she just wanted him to suffer and then wanted to rape him to replace the baby he "owes" her.

I hope not since Nina doesn't really love Silas & is both BSC & nuts. Nina doesn't really love anyone so I don't find her feelings for anyone to be genuine. I don't blame Nina for the coma but she comes across as someone who isn't capable of any true human emotion.

Know despite the fact that Maxie is being dumbed down beyond belief, is written as stupid beyond belief & is working every last nerve I've with this Levi shit, whatever Nate has for Maxie is genuine. I understand why he is doing what he is doing based on what he knows & has seen even if Maxie is undeserving of it as a Maxie FF she is.

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought Nina said the other day she does love Silas. She wants to "make him pay," feel her pain and then she thinks they would start over as equals.

I actually despise the Morgan/Alice friendship and I am so sick of him being jammed into every single scene about this lame story. He's tolerable or even good in doses but the "Bro Morgan" appeal faded for me over a year ago. All he does is act sarcastic in every single scene. "Uh, yeah, okay?"

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

I honestly haven't watched since Nina woke up, since I loathe Michelle Stafford and her wonky acting tics, but I went back today and caught up with story via YouTube clips.

Questions: Why can't anyone tell that Nina is 100% Kate Crackernuts wackypants?  Isn't Sam going to tear Patrick a new asshole when she learns that he knew Jason was alive all along?  Why is Fluke still happening?  Remember when we all called Fluke from day one approximately one million years ago?  Why aren't Julian and Alexis having sex non-stop?  Most importantly, why is Sonny?  It's killing me and I know Ron is just loving this dreck and I can't even with this shit so I have to swim back out to the barge. 

I see non-consensual party fun is still a thing since Nina roofied Silas.  I feel like Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka telling Mike Teevee "Stop. Don't."  in his totally resigned tone.  As for Silas, I will forever love the man who plays him but Ron is writing the guy as dumb as a two by four. I'm still concerned about the amount of weight ME has lost.  He looks so sickly to me.  I have to go and watch some Port Charles to rid myself of the sadness.

There's not one SL or couple that I care about.  My only hope is that when

Jason comes back he'll be Jason Q

and want nothing to do with the moobster. 

Ha!  It is to laugh!  A feeble hope, soon to be extinguished.

This post is a thing of beauty.  Absolute.

And I will be stealing the phrase Kate Crackernuts wackypants - just sayin'!

• Love 3
(edited)

I thought Nina said the other day she does love Silas. She wants to "make him pay," feel her pain and then she thinks they would start over as equals.

I actually despise the Morgan/Alice friendship and I am so sick of him being jammed into every single scene about this lame story. He's tolerable or even good in doses but the "Bro Morgan" appeal faded for me over a year ago. All he does is act sarcastic in every single scene. "Uh, yeah, okay?"

I should clarify from my post, I don't actually care or like about the Alice/Morgan friendship . . . just, if I was forced to choose/pay attention/care, his is the most believable bond (imo). It all just emphasized that it makes no sense to use Alice. They should have used an old shoe of Jason's or something. "No, damn it! Jason's boot WILL get a new heel in time!" And have Tracy rip off everyone's heels as they pass by.

I think Tony Geary borrowed Jane Elliot's wardrobe for tomorrow's episode

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

When Morgan was first SORASed I hated his whiney entitled ass.  However, the more he hung out with the Quatermaines the more I liked him.  Now, after cryptsex/my mom moved in with a serial killer, he has written off Sonny and Carly I love him.  He really fits in with Michael and the rest of Quartermaines, even Tracy. 

• Love 6

I feel like the Alice/Morgan relationship was created solely to explain BC's real-life broken arm (wrist? whatever). It was mildly clever, but that doesn't mean Alice deserves her own story. She was always awkwardly incorporated into scenes, and her crush on Luke was inexplicable, to say the least.

• Love 4

Stealing two quotes to describe why I like Morgan. One is from serial drama and the other is a quote from someone I was talking with:

"Morgan is kind of beat down though too, like his family just keeps screwing him over and it's awful but it's kind of hilarious to me how he's just so resigned to it now. "My brother stole my fiance? I guess I'm over it. Dad's moving my girlfriend into his house? I don\'t know what I was expecting. My mom's trying to make me live with a serial killer? Whatever, I guess I'll just move out."

Something about Morgan's misery is so delightful to me. The more awful his life gets, the funnier he is, thanks to Bryan Craig delivering all of his lines like he's dead inside

And I think BC is a decent-to-good actor. And he has a nice smile. :)

• Love 7

Bryan Craig has become one of the best things on this show.

My admiration began during the wedding reception and it just grows. I can't hate a dude who hates Sonny.

replying in the Sonny thread.

• Love 1
(edited)

I wanted BAMF Julian to just keep going around and shooting people, that would have been the perfect episode.

I've always run cold to lukewarm with Molly since they aged her and suddenly decided to make her a "Twilight" or whatever groupie, it just reminded me of why I think pre-teens/teens should be caged in holes until they're old enough to drink themselves to sleep.

But her scenes today made me think, if it wouldn't have sent Alexis and Sam into fits and they never, ever would have forgiven Julian, if the explosion had blown her little tail back into coma-land I probably wouldn't have minded.

Nathan and the Nina are a worse sister/brother pairing than Sonny and Courtney, yeah I said it - you have managed to top the most unlikely, unbelievable, annoying, and ridiculous twosome that claimed a "sibling relationship" on GH, Ron. How proud you must be.

I don't care about Morgan, I had actually hoped Sonny shooting Carly in the head would have killed him off at birth. I always thought of Sonny's kids like bloody cockroaches, they're almost impossible to kill.

However I will say that the kid who plays him isn't as bad as some, say Sabrina or Felix or Kiki, but he doesn't impress me enough to care about Morgan at this point. He's whined and whimpered and wimped out too much and still does.

If they ever want to have him actually grow the hell up and stop making that damn "mopey, dopey me" face all the time, and I mean all the damn time, seriously it's as if he doesn't know any other facial expressions or ways to emote feelings, then I might change my mind, maybe. But his scenes with Alice do not interest me an iota, that whole story line doesn't, just give her Micky's heart and let her go back into the broom closet.

All things Maxie continue to be total bs and boring.

ETA:

Oh, and Alexis was also annoying me too today, because really she's the one who kept hounding Julian over leaving the business, as if this wasn't the writing on the wall for a guy who tries to leave organized crime when he has a boss or co-conspirators.

So she supposedly thought all would be well and dandy and they'd live happily ever after? Give me a fucking break, she can't play naive about this. Not after all this time and preaching about Sonny and Jason for years and years, and seeing how many people died and lost their lives just because they stayed, let alone having the guts to try and leave and risk those consequences.

This is the sort of stupid drama that turns grown ass adults into blubbering idiots and that irks to no end. I often dislike Alexis, mainly because of how they like to write her, but this shit blows, it blows.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4
Nathan and the Nina are a worse sister/brother pairing than Sonny and Courtney

Nathan and Britt definitely seem to have better (sibling) chemistry than Nina and Nathan.

• Love 2
Nathan and Britt definitely seem to have better (sibling) chemistry than Nina and Nathan.

Inbred gerbils make a better match up. Just watching Michelle's never ending tic fest while the poor Ryan kid was trying to keep and not look as confused as I am sure he felt - it was just terrible, truly terrible.

• Love 4
Dear God, even in her background expressions, Kiki is beyond horrible.

She totally pulls focus.

But Britt wouldn't have to be anviled with statements like "You should love the person you're with" and other gems.

LOL at Tracy staring at brain-dead Mickey like she'd rip his heart out and shove it into Alice's chest herself.

TG was totally Skyping from Amsterdam in the promo, wasn't he?

Dante/Lulu/Maxie/Nathan, TJ/Shawn/Jordan, Luke.

Huzzah, Jordan (oh, and Shawn, but who cares about him) doesn't have to share a windowpane with Sabrina and Felix!  Also, I didn't realize the kid who plays TJ was on contract.

• Love 1

WTH, Nina. Are you an idiot? Don't answer that. Did she smile when she asked Nathan what was bothering him. And smiling more when she said she always knew when he was hurting? When my family members are sad and hurting, I don't smile from ear to ear. (Weird acting choice).

When MS was on Y&R, there was a time period, when she was with Nick, that she completely changed her acting approach.  I guess it was to show that she was so in love with Nick, she was euphoric.  She was constantly smiling, and giggly and goofy and ridiculous.  I feel like she is doing the same thing here.  This is why I cannot believe Silas ever fell in love with her, if this is her persona with Silas and was before the coma.

• Love 2

Huzzah, Jordan (oh, and Shawn, but who cares about him) doesn't have to share a windowpane with Sabrina and Felix!  Also, I didn't realize the kid who plays TJ was on contract.

Yup. Otherwise I'm sure GH would have lost him to something else before now.

• Love 2

WTH, Nina. Are you an idiot? Don't answer that. Did she smile when she asked Nathan what was bothering him. And smiling more when she said she always knew when he was hurting? When my family members are sad and hurting, I don't smile from ear to ear. (Weird acting choice)

Yes she's an idiot but this was so she would not hurt her arm while patting herself on the back for being so very in tune with her "brother"

The actress has a lot of inappropriate responses or face not matching dialog. She's known for that.

(edited)

May I hope that Sabrina/TeCa has fallen from favoritism?

I don't think she ever was a favorite.  She was a useful tool to prop the character of Patrick and for her portrayer to take all the heat from furious Scrubs fans when TPTB transitioned Patrick to other pairings.  Now that she has served her purpose, my guess is she'll return to the canvas just long enough to reunite with Carlos before she is written out.  

If you want to get an idea of who in a pairing will be protected at all costs, just wait until the big story arc is over and see who is being shuffled towards the exits and who is getting the Emmy pre-noms/nominations*, or, hell, is even still there.  That's a pretty sure-fire way to figure out who the pet is.

* - For proof, I point to the Daytime Emmy currently sitting on Kristen Alderson's mantel.

I don't want Morgan latching on to women 20 years older to become some recurring punchline/joke on the show.

I agree with you about the punchline/joke part, but what's wrong with having a male character who is attracted to older women?  Every Sonny pairing since he has arrived on the show has been an older man/younger woman pairing, what would be so terrible about some romances that go the other way?

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 2

I don't think she ever was a favorite.  She was a useful tool to prop the character of Patrick and for her portrayer to take all the heat from furious Scrubs fans when TPTB transitioned Patrick to other pairings.  Now that she has served her purpose, my guess is she'll return to the canvas just long enough to reunite with Carlos before she is written out.  

If you want to get an idea of who in a pairing will be protected at all costs, just wait until the big story arc is over and see who is being shuffled towards the exits and who is getting the Emmy pre-noms/nominations*, or, hell, is even still there.  That's a pretty sure-fire way to figure out who the pet is.

* - For proof, I point to the Daytime Emmy currently sitting on Kristen Alderson's mantel.

I agree with you about the punchline/joke part, but what's wrong with having a male character who is attracted to older women?  Every Sonny pairing since he has arrived on the show has been an older man/younger woman pairing, what would be so terrible about some romances that go the other way?

Nothing, I just don't trust this show to handle it really.

The actress has a lot of inappropriate responses or face not matching dialog. She's known for that.

Yes she is, it's one of the many reasons I just cannot stand her. She is mediocre at best, imo, and somehow, I guess because the Nina was pretty much a blank slate, she's decided to make this "character", and I use that term as loosely as Sonny uses a moral code, have every single over the top reaction that she can think of.

I swear it's as if in the middle of her scenes she pauses and grins gleefully as she comes up with some new way to flail or wave or jerk or twitch or wither or slither or moan or groan or arch or perch or jump or leap or "jazz hands!" or spasm or spit or cough or cry or giggle or grin or laugh or crazy eye stare down someone. She is absolutely exhausting to watch.

• Love 9
(edited)

I think it's on imdb somewhere, but I think Luke, Sonny, Nikolas, Liz, Lulu, Dante, Olivia, Michael, Morgan, Carly, Silas, Sam, Patrick, Nina, Nathan, Maxie, Mac, Jordan, Shawn, TJ, Anna, Franco, Kiki, Alexis, Ava, Julian, Sabrina, Felix, Britt and Tracy are on contract. Ron said 30 people recently, so I don't think there's anyone else.

Edited by ulkis
(edited)

I swear it's as if in the middle of her scenes she pauses and grins gleefully as she comes up with some new way to flail or wave or jerk or twitch or wither or slither or moan or groan or arch or perch or jump or leap or "jazz hands!" or spasm or spit or cough or cry or giggle or grin or laugh or crazy eye stare down someone. She is absolutely exhausting to watch.

Maybe she could donate half her facial expressions to her brother? 

The best part of today's episode was when Nina said she could always tell when James was upset because of how he touched his face.  It's like the writers have given up hope that one day the actor playing Nathan might be able to convey emotions through actual acting and have instead decided to just have him stand there and do hand signals.

Edited by Rancide
  • Love 11
The best part of today's episode was when Nina said she could always tell when James was upset because of how he touched his face.  It's like the writers have given up hope that one day the actor playing Nathan might be able to convey emotions through, you know, acting and have decided to just have him stand there and do hand signals instead.

I know I enjoy my soap even more when I have to figure out a character's general mood, thoughts, or feelings by deciphering which way they pop an eyebrow or twitch to one side.

Ryan really needs a strong actor to help him carry a scene, imo, and Michelle doesn't cut the mustard, she doesn't even cut the mustard seed. It's as if they're both the extreme examples of underacting and overacting, and together they really do seem to defy all logic. I'm afraid if they're in a scene too long together a black hole will be ripped in the time and space continuum and somehow Sonny will be involved.

• Love 7

In a powerful argument for nature over nurture, this is why Kiki will turn out to be the coma baby.  

• Love 3
The best part of today's episode was when Nina said she could always tell when James was upset because of how he touched his face.  It's like the writers have given up hope that one day the actor playing Nathan might be able to convey emotions through actual acting and have instead decided to just have him stand there and do hand signals.

"Is he sad?  Or does he want me to steal second?" 

• Love 11
(edited)

Ryan Paevey has never carried a scene. It's not about someone helping him carry it, he literally has to be carried.

Except with Kirsten Storms, because oh my god this storyline has made her unbearable all over again.

I like Morgan in doses, as I said, but as for the Sonny-hate - I mean, that is a trait that comes and goes with lots of characters. He'll love his dad again soon enough. In the meantime his sarcastic bro thing wore thin for me a while ago and he seems to use it in scenes with anyone now.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

Carly rationalizing to Sonny that his having cryptsex with Ava was because Ava manipulated him was beyond the pale.  Sonny got this look on his face that said "At last someone gets that it is never my fault. I am a good man and wonderful father no matter what atrocious acts I commit.  I always have a good reason."

These two are vile.  Why couldn't they have been talking in the lake house instead of Sonny's office.  If we had to lose that gorgeous set at least it could have taken them out in the process. 

wasn't that long ago that Sonny got away with a shootout with the police.Went to court,and the judge said the shootout was the fault of the police pushing him.I shut the show off for seven years.Guess there will be no justice for AJ.

(edited)

Who would have thought that Franco/Nina scenes are more tolerable than Nina/Nathan? Her acting was horrible and poor Ryan looked confused. Who smiles during a serious conversation?

They teased me with Rosalie and Morgan hotness and nothing since then? Stupid writers.

Of course Mickey didn't get shot in the chest so his heart can go to Alice. Good job Julian.

Molly has every right to hate Julian. It's not about the mob, it's about her thinking that Julian framed Ric which brought him to being shot and killed. Alexis is being a shitty mother and picking her bf over her family.

David Otunga was a lawyer who graduated from Harvard law? Very impressive- just thought he was a wrestler with a famous wife.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3
(edited)
WTH, Nina. Are you an idiot? Don't answer that. Did she smile when she asked Nathan what was bothering him. And smiling more when she said she always knew when he was hurting? When my family members are sad and hurting, I don't smile from ear to ear. (Weird acting choice).​

I'm not sure we can call what MS is doing "acting".  

I'm appreciating Morgan more and more - I really like that he has a personality and actual interests.  Even if his biggest interest is professional wrestling; at least that has been consistent.  Morgan seems to be one of the few characters who isn't just whoever the writers need him to be that day (recently; obviously, at first, his character was a mess).  He seems like an actual.. character.  I'm not articulating it well, but I feel like he could be an actual person, rather than a plot point.  Of course there are exceptions, but I think that in the last few months, Morgan has been a really consistent character, and I kind of like who he is.  Of course, him hating Sonny may be influencing my opinion of him.  

Oh no. No more jazz hands. We are on a jazz hand overdose.

Never!  Sonny's jazz hands will forever remain one of my top 3 GH moments.  

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 6
(edited)

Of course Mickey didn't get shot in the chest so his heart can go to Alice. Good job Julian.

Wasn't that convenient?  Just like when Zach on AMC shot Kendall's brother in the head and his heart was unharmed so they could do a handy-dandy insta-transplant.  

So is Julian a lousy aim or a really, REALLY good one??

Thank God it wasn't Shawn.  He'd have ended up shooting himself in the rear.  

Edited by boes
(edited)

Hey, Anna, the big bad criminal can't be Luke because you know Luke and you were involved once.  How quickly they forget the faux Duke and Anna masks!

Anna was so stupid; the scene with Jordan in the shooting aftermath just screamed that GrannyAnna is past it and Jordan ought to get a crack at being the Commish in PC. Jordan has shown that she has nerves of steel and can stare down and argue and even fight a bad man twice her size successfully for a gun. She gracefully stepped aside just in time for Julian to blast the guy. I don't recall a single shriek from Jordan; she was cool as a cucumber. Anna, time to bake cookies and attend Emma's dance recitals...Jordan  has come to town, Baby!

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 8

it just reminded me of why I think pre-teens/teens should be caged in holes until they're old enough to drink themselves to sleep.

I may get this as a tattoo

Hey, Anna, the big bad criminal can't be Luke because you know Luke and you were involved once.  How quickly they forget the faux Duke and Anna masks!

Arrghh I hated that explanation: There could have been a thousand other things Anna could have said. Even "Luke really does not have a very distinctive voice, what tic's did you notice that set you off? Did he use a really odd nickname for Mickey?"  Arrghh Ron is so going to ruin this story more than it is by having Luke be Bill....what a waste of a year.

• Love 1

I finally watched yesterday's episode and paid attention. Awesome Writer was back in the cage. Shut up, Anna. My God, is this the same woman who was just being awesome in November? I hope the Quartermaines get her fired when they learn that Ava Jerome's initials are AJ. I now want every scene with dumb characters to end with Julian kicking in the door and shooting people. Oh no, not Luke. Like Duke wasn't Faison in a mask and Robin wasn't alive? Like AJ killed Connie and Carlos killed AJ? Okay, commish.

And I just can't with TG anymore. It's been too long. He doesn't care anymore. I don't care anymore. Just kill this story now before my brain explodes. I'm ready for Jordan to be the commisioner and Anna can go get deprogrammed. Clearly, something happened to her.

Don't even go there with the Maxie crap. I'm done. So done.

• Love 2
(edited)

I finally watched yesterday's episode and paid attention. Awesome Writer was back in the cage. Shut up, Anna. My God, is this the same woman who was just being awesome in November? I hope the Quartermaines get her fired when they learn that Ava Jerome's initials are AJ. I now want every scene with dumb characters to end with Julian kicking in the door and shooting people. Oh no, not Luke. Like Duke wasn't Faison in a mask and Robin wasn't alive? Like AJ killed Connie and Carlos killed AJ? Okay, commish.

And I just can't with TG anymore. It's been too long. He doesn't care anymore. I don't care anymore. Just kill this story now before my brain explodes. I'm ready for Jordan to be the commisioner and Anna can go get deprogrammed. Clearly, something happened to her.

Don't even go there with the Maxie crap. I'm done. So done.

....I want to see you kicking in doors and shooting people! I think that would be way better!!

Edited by Mrs OldManBalls
  • Love 1

Since they mercilessly slaughtered AJ at the hands of Sonny, I want to shoot Ron's computer. I think my cat could write better at this point. Sure, there'd be tons of mentions for salmon and Beetles playing in the background (he's a tad of a snot and resembles Garfield, and yes he loves lasagna) but overall he'd make the humans smarter. Especially the women, since one feeds him and changes his boxes. It's the man who takes him to the vet. And for some reason both my cats are not so fond of children nor short people.

• Love 2