Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Jason and Sam need to just stop.  Stop pretending like they aren't a mob couple.  You defend Sonny.  Gross.  And buy new jackets.  Also,  not everyone cares you had sex or are back together.   It's not breaking news.  

Also, either tell Jason about what Franco did or don't, but don't play that stupid passive-aggressive "something bad happened in Hawaii, but I'm not going to talk about it" bull.  And LOL about Sam's "Jason never asked me to go against my values" or whatever pap she was selling.  Girlfriend sits back and just ~accepts Jason for "who he is," i.e. a murderer, so her higher ground is made of quicksand.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Does it still seem like we don't really have May Sweeps spoilers? 

Anna talking about/crying over Duke is the May sweeps event that will change everything. 

• Love 9

Also, either tell Jason about what Franco did or don't, but don't play that stupid passive-aggressive "something bad happened in Hawaii, but I'm not going to talk about it" bull.

What's just as bad is Jason continuing to be completely uninterested in his past. Gah.

• Love 3
(edited)

Why do the writers think the way to make Franco viable and likeable is to have him taunt the woman he sexually assaulted and she just has to take it?

Poor poor sad Franco who has to stand there and be judged by Jason and Sam. Sam has every damn right to judge Franco every day for the rest of her life if she wants to.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 12
On April 29, 2016 at 8:14 PM, twoods said:

Not sure why that quote is there....

FOR FUCK SAKES JASON, YOU SIGNED YOUR PARENTAL RIGHTS AWAY! START LOOKING SOME SHIT ABOUT YOUR PAST UP YOU STUPID VIOLENT CAVEMAN MOTHERFUCKER! Just go hump Sam in the barn. 

• Love 13

But he IS funny when he's poking holes in their bloated, smug, self-righteous selves.  That's the thing. They're equally awful human beings so I just don't care if Franco is mean and Sam and Jason make grumpy faces in response. When someone, ANYONE, even if it's Franco, makes a snide remark, it's a fist pump moment, it makes up a bit for all the times Sam and Jason were awful human beings and nobody got to say shit.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Mrs OldManBalls said:

FOR FUCK SAKES JASON, YOU SIGNED YOUR PARENTAL RIGHTS AWAY! START LOOKING SOME SHIT ABOUT YOUR PAST UP YOU STUPID VIOLENT CAVEMAN MOTHERFUCKER!

Liz asked "Jake" to adopt her kids knowing that he was Jason and then she signed a custody agreement. She literally asked for this

• Love 12
(edited)
48 minutes ago, Vella said:

But he IS funny when he's poking holes in their bloated, smug, self-righteous selves.  That's the thing. They're equally awful human beings so I just don't care if Franco is mean and Sam and Jason make grumpy faces in response. When someone, ANYONE, even if it's Franco, makes a snide remark, it's a fist pump moment, it makes up a bit for all the times Sam and Jason were awful human beings and nobody got to say shit.

for me, the enemy of my enemy is just another enemy. So to speak about fictional characters. And I don't like Sam much, but she's not a killer, unlike the other two.

Franco: there go Sam and Jason, the most interesting and compelling people ever.

The shade is real with Scott Sickles.

I lol'ed at semi-shirtless Nathan encountering shirtless Griffin. 

Anna and Griffin dancing, please stop keeping this platonic, show. This is pretty much the only time Griffin is not boring, and even then he's not THAT great. (His . . . slow . . . line . . . deliveries . . . ) Oh, and no 80s flashbacks? Frank, you cheap bastard.

Alexis' facial expression at Anna's rant was funny. 

Nikolas: please! go! 

that was probably the best thing about the Nik/Hayden scenes. Hayden's shirt was terrible.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, Vella said:

Yeah.  Everytime Franco says mean and truthful things about JaSam, I feel dirty and gleeful.  It's like when I used to watch Jersey Shore.  I knew what GTL meant, but wouldn't admit in public that I liked it.  Sam's an enabler who loses her soul when any man pays attention to her, so I can't respect her now.  Sigh.  

• Love 4

Why did Jason and Sam go to the hospital?  Other than plot point so they'd be there to hear Anna accuse Julian of taking out the witness.  

• Love 2

Sam not beating Liez and Nik's ass was some bullshit but her just standing there and taking it while Freako talks shit to her is just too much. These worthless writers are sooooooo desperate to keep Soap Superstar RoHo on the show and to make Freako work but then they constantly have him mock his victims. Their stupidity defies logic. 

Nik can call the feds on Hayden but he has no proof and she can hide the diamonds. Meanwhile, she has evidence that he tried to have her killed. How are they on equal footing here? That's not how this is supposed to work. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:

Sam not beating Liez and Nik's ass was some bullshit but her just standing there and taking it while Freako talks shit to her is just too much. These worthless writers are sooooooo desperate to keep Soap Superstar RoHo on the show and to make Freako work but then they constantly have him mock his victims. Their stupidity defies logic. 

Nik can call the feds on Hayden but he has no proof and she can hide the diamonds. Meanwhile, she has evidence that he tried to have her killed. How are they on equal footing here? That's not how this is supposed to work. 

I swear, I need someone to write/spill after they get fired/this show is cancelled. I just want to hear Frank Valentini's exact backstage notes/quotes on Franco.

Fake Frank: Okay, how about this. Sam and Jason discover Franco in the bushes, but he's really just drawing farmyard animals in the park. And maybe we should put him in Snow White's dress, have some deer and chipmunks gathering around him, get some corporate synergy going on here? 

• Love 13

for me, the enemy of my enemy is just another enemy. So to speak about fictional characters. And I don't like Sam much, but she's not a killer, unlike the other two.

The issue for me is that Franco tormented Jason and Sam and especially violated Sam in the worse way. If Franco was just an asshole psycho who had tortured OTHER people and since his brain tumor retcon crap, said things to Jason and Sam about their bad deeds, then whatever. It's kind of like when Carly judges anyone when they lie or cheat and it's like, "really Carly?" But no, I personally will never enjoy the guy who mind fucked and violated this woman in the worse way possible by making her think she was carrying her rapist's child, judging and attacking her character or saying shit to her. Especially as Sam and Jason quite frankly are not instigating this drama with Franco.

I don't care how many bad deeds Jason and Sam have done, let someone else call it out. Not the creepy rapist. And that the writers seem to think viewers want to see this or are enjoying it is really troubling. But then as someone pointed out, this is the same show that had Sam pretty much have little to no reaction against Liz and Nikolas. Hell in the initial confrontation after admitting she lied about Jason's identity, Liz got to be the smug and self righteous one to Sam and insist how Sam ruined HER life. So par for the course really.

• Love 18

Are Anna and Duke's son supposed to be friends/allies, or is there a romantic vibe between them? Seems like Show is trying to have it both ways, or the writers can't make a decision. The tango lesson seemed to play both notes. It's confusing and I don't like it

• Love 1

Franco: there go Sam and Jason, the most interesting and compelling people ever.

The shade is real with Scott Sickles.

I had heard he hated them, and I just kind of dismissed it as petty fan crap. But yeah, I see it now.

Haven't seen the show yet, but I have a feeling I will hate it based on what you guys are telling me about Sam having to put up with Franco's BS. He drugged her and took her naked unconscious body out of the shower, and then mindfucked her. Just typing it makes me nauseous. He really is disgusting.

• Love 7

I kinda liked Anna, Griffin, and their tango moment. Another "thing" about Griffin happened today. He was apparently caught off guard when Anna told him that knowing the tango would give him a way with the ladies. He quickly spilled his drink in response.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I had heard he hated them, and I just kind of dismissed it as petty fan crap. But yeah, I see it now.

Haven't seen the show yet, but I have a feeling I will hate it based on what you guys are telling me about Sam having to put up with Franco's BS. He drugged her and took her naked unconscious body out of the shower, and then mindfucked her. Just typing it makes me nauseous. He really is disgusting.

I don't think he's a fan of KeMo, but I don't think he's a fan of Liz at all either, which I see some people say. He wrote some of Britt's best insults to Liz.

I never dismissed it because they always give him the major Franco/O/Heather/wacky character of the week episodes to write. If those are his favorite characters, he's not gonna be a fan of low-talking Kelly M.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think he's a fan of KeMo, but I don't think he's a fan of Liz at all either, which I see some people say. He wrote some of Britt's best insults to Liz.

I never dismissed it because they always give him the major Franco/O/Heather/wacky character of the week episodes to write. If those are his favorite characters, he's not gonna be a fan of low-talking Kelly M.

Wait, why do people think this has to do with Kelly? Can't he just not be a fan of Sam or writing for that character, if we're saying that he has an issue? Did I miss drama?!

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Wait, why do people think this has to do with Kelly? Can't he just not be a fan of Sam or writing for that character, if we're saying that he has an issue? Did I miss drama?!

Oh, I just meant Kelly's acting, not Kelly herself. 

ETA: I remember when Nina first came on she had a line about how Sam probably got married in her tube top, written by Scott Sickles. I've noticed a bunch of jabs like that in his scripts about her. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Especially as Sam and Jason quite frankly are not instigating this drama with Franco.

I don't know why they even interact outside of necessity, like Jason with Jake at the hospital. Outside of that, there's no reason they should talk to one another. Having Franco stalk/taunt Sam and Jason is not the way to redeem him. Have him go after Sonny.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

Oh, I just meant Kelly's acting, not Kelly herself. 

Oh, OK. I just think the writers are using the wrong character in Franco to bitch at JaSam. Could have been anyone else, even though I'm sure some would still have a problem bc no one particularly likes their faves insulted.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know why they even interact outside of necessity, like Jason with Jake at the hospital. Outside of that, there's no reason they should talk to one another. Having Franco stalk/taunt Sam and Jason is not the way to redeem him. Have him go after Sonny.

Even that won't work with me. I was fully rooting for Sonny against Franco in late 2014. The scenes where Carly would declared she was with Franco and Sonny was like, "whatever" cracked me up. For a couple of months I actually enjoyed Sonny and Carly, but then he went to prison and Carly acted like it was a national tragedy.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Syndicate said:

He was apparently caught off guard when Anna told him that knowing the tango would give him a way with the ladies. He quickly spilled his drink in response.

They are definitely playing with him being Claudette or being gay or something. But they're playing with a shooting, too, since they had him remember a gun shot. I don't even know why I care about this since Griffin is boring as hell and I know no matter what the story is it will suck. And yet, for some unknown reason, I really wanna know Griffin's deal. I mean ok I know why it's because I really want him to be Claudette so we can see MC and RP act it out. I would be glued to my tv!

I literally loled at Sam's, "That's so rude," to Franco. Amazing.

Alexis's reactions to Anna's dumb ass were hilarious. I am so very over Anna. I had to fast forward her yet again waxing poetic about fucking Duke. MAKE IT STOP! That being said, and even with my above thoughts on Griffin, Anna and Griffin seriously need to bang.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Seriously, what did Sam do to "New" Franco other than not wanting to be around him? He is the one who mind-fucked her, made her think she was raped, and to top it all carrying his baby. Now, he is talking to her like she did something to him and he is holding a grudge...Like WTF? 

Franco just makes me sick. Also, please someone activate Sam again. She is in a safe mode and I want this bitch on another ASAP! Just press the ON bottom. You can't missed it! 

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, ulkis said:

A script writer who doesn't like either Liz or Sam has no business writing for this show. Both characters are the type of characters that portions of female audience would identify with. Both should be given perspective and neither should be mocked by the writers. 

This is a classic example as to how daytime drama has lost its way, and how TPTB are not only clueless, but they actively drive away the audience.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, backhometome said:
13 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

1 minute ago, Francie said:

A script writer who doesn't like either Liz or Sam has no business writing for this show. Both characters are the type of characters that portions of female audience would identify with. Both should be given perspective and neither should be mocked by the writers. 

This is a classic example as to how daytime drama has lost its way, and how TPTB are not only clueless, but they actively drive away the audience.

I've been taking note of his scripts ever since he came on, and from what I can tell I don't think he likes writing the GH characters much at all unless it's O or Heather or someone wacky. He's Ron lite, although not untalented. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I've been taking note of his scripts ever since he came on, and from what I can tell I don't think he likes writing the GH characters much at all unless it's O or Heather or someone wacky. He's Ron lite, although not untalented. 

I think we should keep in mind then that he's writing for the crazy characters who are gonna spout BS. I've yet to be convinced that this is some conspiracy against Sam, lol.

His scripts tend to grate for me because the tone is always off.

He's not untalented and I enjoyed quite a bit of his work on OLTL but he's writing for the wrong soap and it shows

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They are definitely playing with him being Claudette or being gay or something.

They are, but I also think the show hasn't been subtle about driving towards putting him with Maxie.

I really have nothing else to say.  The show is so boring right now.  Someone give me a poke when it's time for Laura and Kevin's one-day-a-week appearance.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Vella said:

Please stop trying to put Sam on Franco's level. 

Sam is no worse than any other character on this show who've used children, been stupid and pathetic for some worthless guy, who have lied, cheated, stole and done other stuff. Stop trying to make only Jason and Sam into bad people they're not the only ones. 

This man made bitch Franco assaulted Sam and psychologically mind fucked her and went after her kid. He has no right to talk to her, snark, or anything else. The serial rapist should go harass someone else. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I think we should keep in mind then that he's writing for the crazy characters who are gonna spout BS. I've yet to be convinced that this is some conspiracy against Sam, lol.

I don't think he's on some one-man crusade to get KM fired or anything, but I've noticed it consistently for years. And yeah, it's coming from characters like Franco and Nina, but when he writes the jabs are more obvious, imo. I'll concede to the possibility that maybe that's just because he's a sharper writer, but for me it's been too consistent to be a coincidence.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think he's on some one-man crusade to get KM fired or anything, but I've noticed it consistently for years. And yeah, it's coming from characters like Franco and Nina, but when he writes the jabs are more obvious, imo. I'll concede to the possibility that maybe that's just because he's a sharper writer, but for me it's been too consistent to be a coincidence.

Possibly, I guess. On the other hand, I think there was more consistency in the way there were jabs about SK and KMc's appearance than anything against KeMo/Sam ever.

10 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Possibly, I guess. On the other hand, I think there was more consistency in the way there were jabs about SK and KMc's appearance than anything against KeMo/Sam ever.

I'm gonna reply in the history thread.

Hey, Sam and Jason, if you feel so bad about Nina, maybe tell her about the drawing, huh? Instead they just self-righteously huff.

Nik and Rebecca Budig are so boring. Someone do something, instead of making toothless threats you don't intend to carry out.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Yeah.  When there's a freaking 20+ year crusade to flat out diss Sam or Jason, make them look totally weak and terrible for things they can't control, call them fat, ugly, stupid, etc then have Danny kill them but retract it and revive them only to have Franco murder them for Nina, then we'll say Scott Sickles hates Sam.  Or maybe Sam can like die but not die and get kidnapped for years while her parents marry Jason off to Sabrina?  Would that be better?  But then when Sam and Jason get reunited you get 10 seconds and 9 of them are about Sonny.   Honestly, if I were a writer,  I'd probably love Roger Howarth too.  No ego, does his job, very private,  doesn't do social media.  I'd be all about him and Billy Miller tbh.  They seem like nice, private guys.  I would hate Mo, BC, and anyone who is very vocal and unprofessional.   That's how it should be.  There are four soaps and too many actors and too much bullshit.  There's not enough entertainment.   If we want to save the medium, the fan wars and loyalty needs to end.  Shake this shit up.  Kill some people off.  Fire people.  

• Love 3

Scott has very clearly stated that he is a Liz fan and not a Sam fan.

Which is fine.  But if it CLEARLY comes through in the writing, it's not ok.  I don't give a shit who the writers prefer, but when they have one that so clearly has a bias, it's not ok.

In your natural habitat?  ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?  That psycho actually stood there and SAID THAT to his victim today?   NO.  Just....No.  Literally ANY other person on the show can stand there and say that shit to JaSam and I wouldn't bat an eye.  But when you have that piece of shit saying it?  It's offensive and disgusting.  And Sam says "that's rude".....  REALLY?  There is no amount of WTF's for the shit that was spewed today.  None.  But I guess the writers think it's funny for quirky Franco to insult the woman he made think he raped her for over a year.  Because tumor, and he didn't actually penetrate her.  So it's funny.  Hilarious.  Side splitting.

• Love 9

Franco at least got to mangle Dr. Seuss today, so between that and Anna teaching Griff to tango and finding out that Alexis was representing Carlos the episode was at least fair to middling.  That said...

10 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I think Sam has 100% favorable writing. Almost too favorable bc she's no longer allowed to dislike people or bitch at people. She's just zen.

See, that's my issue with it too.  Sam kindasorta gets to at least retort at Franco, but that's really about it.  In that regard Franco has somewhat taken over as "the guy everybody gets to hate, or at least look down on," but at the same time the show's restricting that to literally a couple of people most of the time (largely due to the tumor, but if they're now going "Fuck it, he's going to wallow in being a mess even sans tumor" it loses some of its effect).  Her going after Nikolas a couple of weeks back was an anomaly in retrospect.  It's so annoyingly agenda-driven, in a frustratingly unsubtle yet low-key way...just like how Anna hasn't at some point just waltzed up to Dr. O and knocked her the fuck out.

• Love 5

just like how Anna hasn't at some point just waltzed up to Dr. O and knocked her the fuck out.

Yup. Every character has to deal with something ridic bc the writers went too far and want to pretend like X didn't happen to make a character work again. Michael and Dante have to do it with Sonny. Monica has to do it with Sonny and Carly. Olivia has to do it with Ava. Anna has to do it with Dr. O.

This is not just a Sam thing.

• Love 7

The problem is the writers don't want to put the work into having characters get past X. Especially where Sonny is concerned, everyone has to get over whatever he's done to them in a day, otherwise they're just being unreasonable. There's story in conflict. Some might even call that drama! 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

The problem is the writers don't want to put the work into having characters get past X. Especially where Sonny is concerned, everyone has to get over whatever he's done to them in a day, otherwise they're just being unreasonable. There's story in conflict. Some might even call that drama! 

GH won BEST DRAMA. Let that sink in.

• Love 1

As to today's show:

For shame, Anna, for shame! You speak of the anniversary of Duke's passing, but you have a picture of a dog -- a dog, woman! -- in a Union Jack frame on your living room desk. It's like you never loved Duke at all.

• Love 11