Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I wish Ghost!Connie would shimmer into the eventual custody hearing and reveal that Sonny never got a ghost!divorce from her so his marriage to Carly is invalid.

I'll take Not!Dead!Connie, as the Big Bad giving orders to Paul. Makes Sonny a bigamist, frees Ava, wrecks more havoc....

• Love 3

Didn't we get a scene a while back showing that Carlos' ID / wallet, and the gun used to shoot him, were kept by Sloan to use as leverage over Anna?  Did I dream that?  (Dear God, I hope not.  That would mean I was dreaming about this show and that would indicate, well, problems ...)

Every time I see a recorder on TV I think of ST:TNG's "The Inner Light episode."  Can't help it.  I loved Jean-Luc / Patrick Stewart.

I miss Michael Quartermaine.  It was so short lived; I wish they hadn't teased us like that.

*Thank you, ulkis

And if it's actually a dead Sloan, how did he ever do the long hair?  Though that's probably a long shot, and would  involve a lot of incredulity stretching, but with GH you never know.

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 3

Didn't we get a scene a while back showing that Carlos' ID / wallet, and the gun used to shoot him, were kept by Sloan to use as leverage over Anna?  Did I dream that?  (Dear God, I hope not.  That would mean I was dreaming about this show and that would indicate, well, problems ...)

Yeah. Sloane put them in a safety box and told Paul where to find it, and Paul killed him. So Paul probably used another body and planted Carlos' stuff on it.

• Love 2

Nikolas is so repulsive.  "I wanna bang this chick, but only if she never gets her memory back.  And if she ends up posing a threat to me, I'll just kill her."  How...sweet?  I'm happy Rebecca Budig is at least trying to stand up for herself.

Lulu being all, "Let me monologue repeatedly about how happy I am right before I find out my husband slept with my cousin!" is annoying, as is the return of her baby rabies.

Also annoying?  Dillon.  His intense love for Lulu still makes no sense and his assertion that everything will be "right with the world" when Lulu inevitably finds out about the ONS and (in his mind, I guess?) immediately starts banging Dillon was laughable.

Kevin mentions!  KEVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 10

Is Sabrina too sad to roll her r's?

Bwahahahahaha! Brilliant!

So, are we basically heading towards Michael, in his quest to secure Sonny's territory while Sonny is being paralyzed, getting arrested and thrown in jail for criminal activities, all so Sonny and Carly can raise his baby with Sabrina? We're not going there, are we?

You know, the Ryan's Hope character we need right now is Nick Szabo. He made fun of Frank Ryan for being paralyzed; god only knows what he'd say to Sonny!!!

[edited because semicolons are important]

Edited by minirth
  • Love 2

No offense to recorder fans but I had the same reaction!  I was like what is happening right now?  Am I drunk?  What in the EFF was that about???

I've decided that the only way they could convince that perfectly nice young girl to sign on with this particular show was to promise to let her play her recorder in a pivotal scene. 

Also annoying?  Dillon.  His intense love for Lulu still makes no sense and his assertion that everything will be "right with the world" when Lulu inevitably finds out about the ONS and (in his mind, I guess?) immediately starts banging Dillon was laughable.

Seriously. While I was listening to him talk, all I could ask as a viewer was, "How can anyone think what he's saying will make him a likable character?"

Edited by rur
  • Love 3

Next time anyone says Dante has a short fuse I will point to this episode for evidence that the man has a patience bordering on the creepy because my god, Dillon was punchable today. So so so punchable.

As for DZ/Dante, I don't know if he didn't give a fuck or he was just playing Dante as not wanting to show any vulnerability in front of Dillon, but he played that scene weird to me.

All the ladies looked really good. I thought ER/Lulu looked great, I loved Liz's hair today. I really liked Nikolas and Lulu's scene today, although I was not a fan of Lulu talking in the chapel. That doesn't strike me as a thing she would do. but yeah, that was the most likable Nik has been in ages.

hee to this:

Hayden: if I want your professional opinion, I'd give you a bedpan.

PATRICK'S HAIR. SPINELLI'S HAIR. Although I liked his blue vest and shirt. What the hell was BM doing in that rant Jason had while Sam was looking through the computer. I expected him to just start waving his arms back and forth in the way you do when you're exercising.

Kevin mentions!  KEVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it seems he probably won't have much to do with Morgan! woo!

Oh, how could I forget - shut the hell up, Maxie! she does not give a shit about lies ruining their relationship, she just wants to know what Nathan's keeping. I wish Nathan had dumped her ass the second time she insisted on knowing it.

• Love 6

And it seems he probably won't have much to do with Morgan! woo!

I know!  I actually didn't even think about him possibly (once again) being a plot point in the Jake(son) stuff, but I'm kinda into the idea of him and Rebecca Budig sharing scenes.

ETA...but oh dear, what if it makes him a target for Nikolas?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I've decided that the only way they could convince that perfectly nice young girl to sign on with this particular show was to promise to let her play her recorder in a pivotal scene.

"I said reporter. I wanted to play a reporter on screen. Like Rory Gilmore or Lois Lane."

~NuJoss Actress

I would rather push Sonny in a wheelchair off the pier after making sure he was strapped in.

Where the eff is Faison when we need him? He so would do this. And we'd all be saying "I didn't think the show could top the Jason shoot and dock roll!"

Edited by Francie
  • Love 9

I still want Sam to punch Nik and then burn down Wyndemere, but after that can they just give him another tumor or something? I know the brain tumor shit is cheap and lazy but he's become so so gross and I want it to stop.

I hope Hayden punches Liez in the face. Shut your stupid ass up you freak.

• Love 9

Seriously asking here: Is there anyone left on this shitshow worth rooting for? 'Cause I can't think of one. Even the formerly gray characters are gross. And the "good guys" are now also murderers.

It's sick as hell and no way to write a soap.

• Love 11

Seriously asking here: Is there anyone left on this shitshow worth rooting for? 'Cause I can't think of one. Even the formerly gray characters are gross. And the "good guys" are now also murderers.

Every character that we're supposed to like, I can't stand. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

Saint Sam.  She is getting Sabrina-level writing IMO.  Anna props her.  Emma props her.  Patrick props her.  Alexis props her. Julian props her.  Everyone, sans evil Liz and evil Nik, adores her.  She goes around talking about moral compasses

• Love 6

Saint Sam.  She is getting Sabrina-level writing IMO.  Anna props her.  Emma props her.  Patrick props her.  Alexis props her. Julian props her.  Everyone, sans evil Liz and evil Nik, adores her.  She goes around talking about moral compasses

That's not Sam. It's another Pod! Pod Sam. Pam?

• Love 6

I mean it's already been said, but I have to repeat it: Nik is so gross. So very gross. And like I think we're supposed to be liking and rooting for this romance, but TC is not playing it correctly at all if that's the case. It could be doable really, but not with TC not putting in any layers of actually falling for Hayden. This whole story is so bizarre.

I love Hayden. I need her to blow all these dicks out of the water and move the fuck on already. 

Sam and Patrick make me so uncomfortable. They are quite possibly the couple with the least chem I have ever seen.

Dante sucks. Dillon sucks. Maxie sucks. Nathan sucks. Lulu sucks marginally less than all of them but she still sucks.

Virtually every character is somehow both annoying and boring. It's really quite the feat they've accomplished there.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

The Vets that have been bound, gagged and locked in the closet. (Mac, Felicia, Monica). I don't include Bobby because she supports Snark and they've made Lucy an idiot. I like Brad but he's never on.

The unrootable characters and stories are what finally drove me to the barge.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 1
my god, Dillon was punchable today. So so so punchable.

Ugh, "so so so punchable" doesn't begin to describe Dillion today. He was so frickin' smug. Dillion doesn't get to kiss Lulu just because he thinks she'd be okay with it if only she knew her husband cheated. It doesn't work that way.

But a BIG FOAD to Lulu for being so grateful for a baby she "can carry and can give birth to [herself]." Is Rocco somehow less because she couldn't do that with him? Bad, bad writing. But I wish Dante had flipped off Dillion when he saw them hugging.

I'm sick of Nathan going caveman on Maxie. It doesn't matter how Dillion—or anyone else, for that matter—feels about Maxie as long as she doesn't return those feelings. STAHP. Here's hoping Nathan stays strong with Maxie insisting to know his sekrit. People still get to be private when they're in a couple.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

It was a priest in actual liturgical duds.

Too bad he didn't take the opportunity to perform an ad hoc exorcism.

If I was Ava's lawyer, I'd drag every shitty thing they did out in court--hanging AJ from a meathook, Carly making Sonny sign away his rights to Morgan, the Christina car bomb issue, shooting Dante--all of it.  Yes, let's highlight what great parents those two are.  With all that?  They shouldn't be given custody of a goldfish

I've been to this rodeo before, I know how it ends  This is what will happen.  Every single shitty thing Ava ever did will be brought up in court and she will be raked over the coals for them.  "Surprise witnesses" will show up with "bombshell testimony" about how she once wrote something mean in someone's slam book and therefore she is The Evilest Evil That Ever Eviled.  Sonny's epic pile of shittery?  Nary a mention.  And he will, of course, win, because Sonny Never Fucking Loses.  Then we will be treated to scenes of Sonny and Carly triumphantly ripping Avery out of the arms of HER OWN GODDMAN MOTHER, while the son of the man he murdered and the son of the man he fucked and half the goddman town gather around joyously, and we will be expected to believe that this disgusting display is some sort of happy, romantic ending.

This show deserves to be canceled.

• Love 10

Didn't either Patrick or Hayden wonder why Liz stuck around during Hayden's appointment?? WTF??

I had my back to the TV and was just listening at the time. (It's often easier for me to "watch" GH that way.) But,  if IRC, Patrick told Hayden that Liz would be sitting in. I think it was supposed to be some effort at verisimilitude since doctors usually have a female in the room when a female patient disrobes. But I don't think a patient disrobes when her brain is being discussed. So, the real reason, of course,  is that Liz had to be in the room so she could accuse Hayden of lying when Patrick left the room. 

• Love 2

It was good to see that Lulu still believes in prayer, even though her Perfect!Dad! Luke is reportedly an atheist.

Dillon's superconfidence that Lulu will fall into his arms and bed the moment she knows about Dante's dalliance with Val is part of his Quartermaine entitlement neurosis, I think. His stalking attitude gives me the creeps.

Didn't your stomach and guts curl when Maxie remembered the period that she and Nathan had strife because Spinelli was panting after Maxie? And look who just walked thru Liz' door! Spinelli is in the house! [anvils and organ music] Spinelli's success with unencrypting the information from the computer was so lame, but he was entertaining. Jakeson's exasperated short-tempered impatience with Spinelli was amusing.

Sam was in super mumble mode today. I wanted to pour some coffee down her throat to wake her up.

The cloying uber-sweet attitude of the Corinthos family for their Don's wedding still nauseates.  Carly just loves being the center of attention, and their sick plans for Avery's future are frustrating. Presenting the Corinthii as an idyllically happy family is so ironic. They cannibalize other families to get their own members. Apparently Michael is a victim of Stockholm Syndrome. (Victims loving and defending their abusers.) Maybe that's also the reason for Carly's worship of Sonny (who shot her in the head as she gave birth). Shame on Bobbie for "approving" of Sonny now as a son-in-law.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 4

My feelings on Nik and the whole situation are perfectly summed up by peachmangosteen. Good gracious, he was so full of gross. He's got some nerve acting like Hayden is Teh Evul after what he's done. I really hate Spencer, but Nik deserves to lose custody of him. Let him go live with the never-seen Mac and Felicia, that way it's a win for me since Nik suffers and Spencer is gone forever.

Britt was name checked a few times today. It was a little odd.

Liz was Smuggy McBitchface today.

Sam looked cute waving to Spinelli.

• Love 5

Lets talk about GH couples and is there any worth rooting for,

Nina and Franco. dear god they both suck.

Sonny and Snarly. beyond gross.

Nathan and Maxie, might work if Nahan wasn't a tree and Maxie had a brain/

Sam and Pat.now are pod people.

Dante and Lulu. can we see the implosion comin soon.

Am I forgetting anyone?

• Love 1

Am I forgetting anyone?

How can you forget the romantic wonder that is Jakeson and Liz? On second thought, I can easily see why someone would want to block that shit out.

• Love 5
Ugh, "so so so punchable" doesn't begin to describe Dillion today. He was so frickin' smug.

With his annoying stoner smile wiped from his face, I enjoyed (relatively) some 'smug' Dillon along Val with an attitude. 

ETA - I had no idea what y'all were talking about when mentioning 'rage' when I first started rewatching around five+ years ago.  Now, I can barely manage to type out a sentence that meets the standardized tests for 8th-graders.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 1

We all need to talk about Nik, y'all.

It's funny, but I feel more disdain and pity for Nik's ass, than anger and disgust. The guy is a mess, and I'm glad we are starting to slowly, slowly see him unravel at the edges.

I basically made up my mind that Nik is actively blocking out some of his crimes from his conscience...so much so that he can say, with all 5 senses clear.. that the woman he had SHOT was somehow undeserving of him because she had done a little light blackmailing on him for a total of a day and a half (and really only because she needed a place to crash) before she was stopped by a bullet. Is Nik really this self deluded? Does he really have no qualms with what he did, or is he just blocking it out because he can't deal with the fact that he tried to murder a woman, a fairly innocent one. Does the love of his life Emily's demise at the hands of a murderer have any bearing on his conscience at all?

And lets not even talk about his whopping Madonna/Whore complex. When Hayden put out, and was the sexual aggresor, her life was basically meaningless to him, but now that she's keeping her legs shut, he's all making googly eyes and talking about how smart and independent she is? Though part of me thinks (or at least hopes because I still have not lost faith that Nik does have a very small, if someone blackened heat in there somewhere) that this is all just a repeated and pathetic attempt at justification of his crime. "It was a-okay that I tried to have this woman killed because she was a conniving bitch" The more he starts developing real feelings for this woman, the more he will likely continue to justify , in his mind, that trying to end her life was all on "Old" Hayden, the one that at her worst wasn't even a fraction of what he has turned into, and not on his cowardly ass. And this makes more sad for him, than angry, though still angry, have no doubt). I just need SOMEONE to shock him out of his stupor and hold the mirror back at him properly. I am still hoping beyond hope that once the truth is out, Spencer catches word that this pretty, nice woman who helps him with his homework and with who he watches movies until late in the night, had a bullet put in her brain by his daddy. Maybe that's the only way someone could break through to Nik, and maybe he would finally have no choice but to show some shame?

All this being said, I'm finding Nik by far the most interesting (as in fucked up in a way that should be studied in the textbooks) character on the show right now. And I do like..scratch that..LOVE...scratch that...am in LOVE with the chemistry he has with RBu. I think TC finally working against a more experienced, stronger actress, as opposed to the ingenues they've always seemed to throw at him is working wonders for him. Which makes me, as un PC, and unpopular it may be, to still want the writers to make the couple viable in some way, at some point. Not now, certainly, especially considering how oblivious Nik is being to his own actions, not while he keeps lying (though I do appreciate he has lowered down the b.s a bit these past few days, and is almost starting to act human like), and not while keeping ELQ/Jason's secret seems to be the most important thing to him in his mind. Once he's able to take a good long look into himself, accepts what he did without pathetic justifications in order to save his conscience, then maybe there's a chance for him, and maybe a chance for them.

• Love 1

Being paired with RB is indeed forcing TC to up his game, at least a little, and that's good.  Nikolas, AIUI, abruptly and rather unceremoniously replacing the White Queen, Helena, as the Black Prince/agent of chaos on top of that--ELQ, Mayor Lomax's reelection, Jakeson, and of course actually trying to have Hayden killed--that's where it gets fuzzy.  How does the show get him out of the hole it put him in without completely ruining him, let alone making him possibly viable with Hayden long-term?  This show has a problem with those holes...

• Love 3

I can't feel sorry for Nik because the show isn't putting in the work to make me feel sorry for Nik. Part of the problem is having no friends he can confide in. I'd like to see something like misgivings for what he's done and is doing to Hayden, not just "OMG, I'm in love with her because now she won't put out, and lucky for me, doesn't remember I tried to kill her." Ugh. How is that remotely sympathetic?

This show needs a GIANT infusion of heart. Everyone gives in to their worst instincts way too often, and then usually gets all smug and self-satisfied when called on their actions. "Well, you did something worse!" It doesn't work that way! That's not how any of this works!

• Love 15

Cynically, dubbel, I think the show thinks: "We've got Liz two steps away from a nervous breakdown over keeping Big Jake's secret.  You don't really expect us to have her partner in crime--a Cassadine--show any remorse too, do you?"

Your larger point, though, is dead on.  A little general warmth, or even just even-handedness, would go a loooooong way on this show.  And who do they save it for?  Sonny, Carly, Francs and Neens?  Really?

• Love 2

When I said I felt sorry for Nik, I meant more along the lines as feeling a pathetic pity towards him and his self delussion more so than sympathizing with him. I dont think I'll have an ounce of sympathy for him until (and if) he actually starts showing some regret or develops some self awareness. And even then, only if it makes him go through living hell.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 1

GH, "Well, you did something worse!" It doesn't work that way! That's not how any of this works!

A new T-shirt slogan

ITA, there's no heart. We don't have a Lila, Vicki, Mona, Joe, Angie type character. Robin is the closest but she been kidnapped, held hostage and receive 3 hots and a cot for the last 3-4 years.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 2

Your larger point, though, is dead on. A little general warmth, or even just even-handedness, would go a loooooong way on this show. And who do they save it for? Sonny, Carly, Francs and Neens? Really?

That's the giant misfire on this show. They're so busy trying to make us feel for those four (oh, poor Sonny can't stand at his 195th wedding; poor preying mantis Nina is afraid she'll disappoint in the sack) and that's a bottomless pit. People's opinions about those four are engrained at this point.

I get that Sonny actually has a fair amount of fans. But his detractors are not going to be won over. The show should realize that the Sonny fans will accept him when he's not being canonized, and the should have him be the blowhard that he is. The Archie Bunker of GH. Most will get that we're mocking and criticizing it, and those that don't will be ignorantly happy.

I even get that there could even be a tiny place on this show for Franco and Nina (that was a hard sentence for me to type). But as the ostracized "can you believe they did that?" type couple. The 1/3rd part comic part and 2/3rd parts being catalysts for the real heroes and heroines on the show. A very differnet spin on what Scotty and Lucy used to be.

But trying to make us appreciate them and empathize with them? To genuinely like them? It's not going to happen. No lie -- reruns of Bewitched sound more entertaining.

• Love 4

imo, not that this makes Nik more sympathetic, but I don't think Nik really cares more for Greenlee (I did not type that on purpose) because she's nicer now after the coma. He's just saying that for Lulu. He can't actually say, "well I like her now because she's not holding blackmail material over my head and I hope she never remembers it." 

• Love 2

I get that Sonny actually has a fair amount of fans. But his detractors are not going to be won over. The show should realize that the Sonny fans will accept him when he's not being canonized, and the should have him be the blowhard that he is. The Archie Bunker of GH. Most will get that we're mocking and criticizing it, and those that don't will be ignorantly happy.

Like how do the writers not get this? Sonny fans love Sonny no matter what. I mean murdering his son's biological father didn't make them stop loving Sonny, so nothing's going to. Hell, Sonny fans seem to love how awful he is, which is great because it means they can actually write it so that people treat Sonny like the piece of shit he is and his fans are still gonna watch plus the people who hate Sonny won't leave the show in droves because of the rage blackouts it causes. TPTB are so fucking stupid.

• Love 4

Am I forgetting anyone?

Lucas and Brad, now hexed thanks to Lucas swearing to model their marriage after Sonny and Carly (ew!).

Bobbie and Scotty, which may not be a thing anymore and, if it is, Bobbie's probably about to dump him for daring to represent Corinthii enemy Ava.

Mac and Felicia, who?

I can't feel sorry for Nik because the show isn't putting in the work to make me feel sorry for Nik. Part of the problem is having no friends he can confide in. I'd like to see something like misgivings for what he's done and is doing to Hayden, not just "OMG, I'm in love with her because now she won't put out, and lucky for me, doesn't remember I tried to kill her." Ugh. How is that remotely sympathetic?

Yup.  Even a few scenes of private self-loathing, where he feels guilty about almost killing this woman, would be a step in the right direction.  But he again reiterated yesterday that if she ends up posing a threat to him, he'll get rid of her.  Gross!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

imo, not that this makes Nik more sympathetic, but I don't think Nik really cares more for Greenlee (I did not type that on purpose) because she's nicer now after the coma. He's just saying that for Lulu. He can't actually say, "well I like her now because she's not holding blackmail material over my head and I hope she never remembers it." 

True....but I still think he is majorly trying to justify in his head that somehow Old Hayden was the Shrewest Conniving Bitch that ever shrewd so he doesn't feel qualms about having tried to off her, especially since now he is starting to have feelings for her.

Also, the Britt comparisons were laughable. Hayden did a little light blackmailing just so she could have a place to crash after being kicked out of the MC, and it lasted a total of 1/2 days before she was ready to let the cat out of the bag anyway. I'm not trying to say Hayden wasn't a shaddy character, but what Britt did to Nik was 100x worse.....and what Nik did to Hayden was 100000000000000000000x worse.Squared. Times infinity. So basically, the whole Lulu/Nik scene seemed like crazy talk to me, though I can't blame Lulu since she doesn't really know anything.

Yup.  Even a few scenes of private self-loathing, where he feels guilty about almost killing this woman, would be a step in the right direction.  But he again reiterated yesterday that if she ends up posing a threat to him, he'll get rid of her.  Gross!

Well, tbf, he did say he would put a stop to her if she ever hurt anyone he cared about, and it was in direct reference to what Britt did to Lulu. So that didn't shock me all that much. But I do agree that some private self loathing is needed before he can be remotely viable as a character, let alone as part of a couple.I truly hope the writers are holding out on us, and it will come.

Edited by Bawoman

Nikolas talking shit about Britt when he's done everything she did (scheming with a psychotic female relative, keeping a parent from their child, etc.) and worse is crazy to me.  I really wish she could swing by for an episode and kick him in his hypocrite balls. 

• Love 11

... especially since now he is starting to have feelings for her.

I know that we're supposed to think this but like it isn't really coming off that way to me at all. I blame TC (or the directing I guess) for that more so than the writing. I think it would go a long way in making this story easier to take if I could actually see that Nik really was falling for Hayden.

• Love 4