Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Does Sam understand that being engaged doesn't mean getting married instantly? She seemed a little unclear on the meaning of the word.

Well, no one seems to know the meaning of the word in Port Charles. And rich people get their wedding cakes catered by teenagers.

• Love 2

"[Ava] only got pregnant so that Dad wouldn't kill her for what she did to Connie." LOL. Ava is devious, but I highly doubt she timed her cycle to line up with Crypt Sex. Here's hoping Michael is less misogynistic when he soon gets fucked by the fickle finger of fate.

Michael Quartermaine, we hardly knew ye.

• Love 10

"[Ava] only got pregnant so that Dad wouldn't kill her for what she did to Connie." LOL. Ava is devious, but I highly doubt she timed her cycle to line up with Crypt Sex. Here's hoping Michael is less misogynistic when he soon gets fucked by the fickle finger of fate.

I always hoped AJ was the father and that she knew she was pregnant when she banged Sonny and the only reason she did it was to save her own ass.  

• Love 1

I can't even begin to process this. Let's suppose that was Ava's plan all along. Just suppose. Why not get pregnant by Morgan? She was having sex with him on every flat surface (except one, we'll get to that) so it would seem pretty easy to do. Ok, I'll pretend that Morgan is shooting blanks and Ava knows it. She decides she has to bang Sonny. How exactly is she supposed to know he's turned on by the presence of the recently dead? Did Brenda send her a postcard?

• Love 3

In the show in my head, Paul is really an undercover Fed, posing as a stealth mob boss. Sometimes, he goes a little rogue, so he took a chance at shooting Sonny, because why the hell not. Instead of taking over the mob, he's going to take on the mob and win. Then he and Tracy will get married, settle down, and be the next-gen Edward and Lila sort of couple (but younger, obviously).  La la la. I can't hear you. La la la.

Hee, I sort of proposed a similiar story when I first heard Paul was coming back.

Really...........not just because there are already enough mobbies, but because the one thing that should remain consistent about Paul is that he did want out of that life, this should happen.

At the very least, something should happen to get him in a corporate world and NOT a mob world. Be it undercover or he's actually working for someone else and turns on them, whatever.

I can't abide yet another mobster in town-I don't care who they are.

• Love 3

Sorry, have to vent while watching and you are the victims.

So JT can sing with autotune but has to fake playing? So Sam is digging in the Jakeson magic memory box right now why?

Because it's Jason & Sam's anniversary. Same reason Jakeson had a dream about their wedding.

Getting all gooey about her "anniversary" with Jake(son), the day she first laid eyes on him at the hospital*? Her "I'd wait years for you" line? Oh Liz, please reconsider everything.

Is November 6th supposed to have some kind of significance, besides it being a Friday during sweeps?

* which just happened to be Sam and Jason's wedding anniversary? Oy...

Nov. 6th is close.to the day Sam's daughter died, maybe that's what triggers Jakeson's memory. IDK, I'm grasping at straws here in my desire to have this shit over.

I can't even begin to process this. Let's suppose that was Ava's plan all along. Just suppose. Why not get pregnant by Morgan? She was having sex with him on every flat surface (except one, we'll get to that) so it would seem pretty easy to do. Ok, I'll pretend that Morgan is shooting blanks and Ava knows it. She decides she has to bang Sonny. How exactly is she supposed to know he's turned on by the presence of the recently dead? Did Brenda send her a postcard?

I HATE this trope, that the scheming woman somehow impregnated herself and the man who slept with her is totally innocent (see Rex and Stacy Morasco on OLTL).  Sonny wasn't drunk or drugged or raped.  It takes two to tango and Sonny knows the steps (and did them IN A CRYPT).

• Love 12

Nov. 6 is actually closest to Emma's birthday, but I'm just the show doesn't give a crap about that.

Get ready for a double wedding!

And it will be Emma's idea/what she wants for her birthday.*

*Sorry, Heatlifer, I couldn't resist.

I think that Dillon is white bread. He even makes the Tree look emotional.

This is how I've always seen Liz. She's almost not there-so little personality she has. But TBH-it's how a lot of the characters are these days.

It's why most people, including myself, are so "meh" about watching.

• Love 1

Get ready for a double wedding!

And it will be Emma's idea/what she wants for her birthday.*

*Sorry, Heatlifer, I couldn't resist.

Oh, I believe it. Which brings me to... it really is insane that none of Robin's family has her back. No character thinks Patrick's wrong or that Sam/Patrick are moving too fast. Why can't they have ONE character just have a throwaway line of, "No one has spoken to Robin? That's weird." Is that really that hard to do?

• Love 5

Why can't they have ONE character just have a throwaway line of, "No one has spoken to Robin? That's weird." Is that really that hard to do?

Mac tried to, but Nathan Varni shocked him with a taser and locked him in a closet.  "I'm sorry, but that dialogue isn't about Sonny or Jason, I can't allow it to air."

• Love 6

I don't know why Liez's crazy ass is so desperate to marry Jason. Does she think marriage will stop him from leaving her if he finds out what she's done? Is she forgetting that their marriage wouldn't even be legal anyway? Ugh she's such a trash box.

I'm ready for Avery to be removed from the show by any means necessary. Any means. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5
No character thinks Patrick's wrong or that Sam/Patrick are moving too fast.

Sam thinks things are moving too fast, sort of. 

The last 5-6 minutes were cut off in the Philadelphia area due to Pope news. I see J and L set a wedding date of 11/6. Did anything else of note happen? Thanks:)

Carly fretted that Ava would get her paws on Avery, so Sabs brought the baby to the hospital (as one does, when one's charge's mobster father has been shot and is in critical condition) to keep Avery "safe." Ava shows up, Avery gurgles "Mama!" (it was truly adorable), and Carly nearly strokes out on the spot.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8

I don't know why Liez's crazy ass is so desperate to marry Jason. Does she think marriage will stop him from leaving her if he finds out what she's done? Is she forgetting that their marriage wouldn't even be legal anyway? Ugh she's such a trash box.

I'm ready for Avery to be removed from the show by any means necessary. Any means. 

I'm okay with both mama and baby biting it. Sonny doesn't need more chitlins, and this show NEVER needed Ava.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3

Mac tried to, but Nathan Varni shocked him with a taser and locked him in a closet.  "I'm sorry, but that dialogue isn't about Sonny or Jason, I can't allow it to air."

Haaaaaa. I fear what Mac would say if he WAS on-screen.

M: Patrick, your family with Sam is so beautiful. Emma and Danny are your kids together now.

P: I'm so #Blessed, Mac.

M: Robin would be so happy for you. I know she's in heaven, looking do...

P: Mac, I think Robin's alive or whatever.

M: Oh, right.

• Love 7

Morgan: What would Michael have done, talked Julian to death?

Morgan knows that Michael killed at least one person, so what's he talking about? All Morgan managed to do was hit Max, which isn't hard. It's one thing to be a douche, and one thing to be stupid, but it's another to be both, and that's Morgan, and it is painful.

Carly: It's time for Ric to prove himself to this family!

Is there any chance that Avery will still turn out to be Morgan's? I need grandma Carly to have an ego blow. I also was expecting Carly to whisper "meathook" into Avery's ear at the end.

Avery saying "mama" at the end was awesome.

Jason Thompson: singing.

me: noooooooooo second hand embarrassment

me: what's going on

me: why isn't it stopping

me: I appreciate that the scene isn't 30 seconds but please God stop this

me: nooooo

Sabrina looked pretty today. The hair, so shiny. I know women have more advantages to help them look better but man the ladies on this show are so much hotter than the guys in general. Michael's shoulders also look nice in that shirt.

The scenes with Paul and Dillon are alright but I think I skipped the last two, there's only so many supposedly ironic statements I can stand.

I don't know why, considering I don't much like Julian and am neutral on Ava now, but I wish they could be on the same page for once.

ETA: Also after Joss (who?) sleeps with Jason, SORASed Avery needs to as well!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

Jason Thompson: singing.

me: noooooooooo second hand embarrassment

me: what's going on

me: why isn't it stopping

me: I appreciate that the scene isn't 30 seconds but please God stop this

me: nooooo.

And you just know JT was all proud of himself and all, "Pleaaaaase someone out there give me a record deal!!! I'm a country singer, y'all!"

• Love 1

It was Frank. Nathan Varni just says what Frank wants him to say. He's a glorified intern.

And you just know JT was all proud of himself and all, "Pleaaaaase someone out there give me a record deal!!! I'm a country singer, y'all!"

I think he's a good singer, I just don't need it on my tv, not when Patrick hasn't shown any inclination for guitar playing for 10 years. It was quite as bad as Nik Colton Martinez crying about how Stefan never let him take saxophone lessons (that still makes me cringe, oh man), but it was up there.

Oh, that line. That was annoying, but I got what he meant by it, that he's saying otherwise she would have had an abortion if she didn't need Avery. Yeah well Michael you would have been an abortion too if Carly wasn't so desperate to hang onto Tony.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I think he's a good singer, I just don't need it on my tv, not when Patrick hasn't shown any inclination for guitar playing for 10 years. It was quite as bad as Nik Colton Martinez crying about how Stefan never let him take saxophone lessons (that still makes me cringe, oh man), but it was up there.

Yup. He was never a singer. And you don't learn how to play guitar professionally in 2 days. He was a glorified karaoke singer once Robin dragged his ass up there. That is all. Then again, his fake as fuck new hobby is as fake as Samtrick, so it works. Edited by HeatLifer

It really has.  Michael talking about Sonny's skill and efficiency as a killer - about the man who MURDERED HIS FATHER - is just so baffling.

That wasn't even the most baffling part. He doesn't keep his hands clean! He shot AJ in front of a witness like a moron. He got Dante's blood all over the carpet and only thanks to Max and his expert knowledge of towels, did the blood disappear (even though it should not have) from the room.

Sonny is a moron who as we have been repeatedly told, has only been as good as he has been cause Jason was around.

The Dillon actor is okay, but his mouth is frozen in that half-grin 65% of the time. I guess it's better than a scowl?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
The scenes with Paul and Dillon are alright but I think I skipped the last two, there's only so many supposedly ironic statements I can stand.

I get that they have to write the show so people who are dipping in and out can follow what's going on, but this show totally bludgeons us with this kind of thing. And those flashbacks—to frickin' yesterday—of the Ava/Paul scenes were way too much.

• Love 2

I HATE this trope, that the scheming woman somehow impregnated herself and the man who slept with her is totally innocent (see Rex and Stacy Morasco on OLTL).  Sonny wasn't drunk or drugged or raped.  It takes two to tango and Sonny knows the steps (and did them IN A CRYPT).

Um, EVERYTHING is ALWAYS the woman's fault!!!

• Love 5

I watched today because I had nothing better to do.

I didn't even know how to respond to the show opening with Patrick singing and playing guitar. LOL. I will say that imo JT is a better singer than actor.

I'm over Dollar Store Dillon. His Sonny propping was too ridiculous. And his face is starting to annoy me now.

I watched the Ava/Julian scenes, but I don't really have anything to say about them. They were't awful, I guess.

I skipped pretty much everything else. I accidentally hit play during one of the Carly/Michael/Morgan and nearly had rage blackout. What they've done to Michael is so disappointing.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I skipped pretty much everything else. I accidentally hit play during one of the Carly/Michael/Morgan and nearly had rage blackout. What they've done to Michael is so disappointing.

If Sonny's not actually on screen, I find the ass kissing much easier to take. It's like, fine, whatever, as long as he's not on my screen and or wailing for Jason in the background. (Well, wailing once is fine, continuous wailing is not.) Michael has always known Sonny kills people so I don't find it baffling that he's all "if Julian's gotta die we'll do it better than your stupid ass did". It's the "bygones, Sonny!" part that's dumb. But I mostly saw it as Michael just trying to convince dumb Morgan that Julian will get his in the end (and he did point out maybe it wasn't even Julian. Which, seriously, guys, shouldn't Sonny's enemies be legion? Why are they so stuck on the Jeromes? Maybe it's the Russians. Sonny shot that guy with the necklace! They loved that guy!)

• Love 3

:strums guitar: what are you talking about baby?

Maybe next Jason Thompson can sing a soothing song to Sonny in his hospital room.

Jason should have left after his first contract like Kimberly told him to. Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

You make good points, but I don't really care lol. I just can't with the All Sonny, All the Time bullshit. Every damn person in town being all 'Team Sonny!' 'Sonny's an honorable man!' 'Sonny is the hero this city deserves!' drives me nuts. 

I know. Let me send you a love bullet to the chest to comfort you. Objectively, I do think the show has been better this month, if I had no idea who this swell Sonny guy was, but whatever, it probably doesn't matter what they do at this point, they're screwed.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I think one of the problems with this show is that almost all of the new characters including ex mob boss Julian, are so totally bland and if not bland very nasty characters; Nina, Franco and Ava. Ron has given us absolutely no one to root for.

Sad to say JT is no JJ as a songwriter.

• Love 2

Sad to say JT is no JJ as a songwriter.

Bwah.

At least with Lucky, he was singing and playing guitar and it was organic.

This show wants me to believe a nearly 40-year-old neurosurgeon, who never expressed interest in singing or songwriting or a guitar, picked it up randomly and is strumming away like a professional. I can't. Because I know it was JT's idea and I'm sick of actors dictating shit that they should have nothing to do with.

• Love 7

Yup. He was never a singer. And you don't learn how to play guitar professionally in 2 days. He was a glorified karaoke singer once Robin dragged his ass up there. That is all. Then again, his fake as fuck new hobby is as fake as Samtrick, so it works.

Real Franco in a mask! Real Franco in a mask! Real Franco in a mask!

• Love 2

Real Franco in a mask! Real Franco in a mask! Real Franco in a mask!

This is the only logical story choice that wouldn't make Patrick a pathological liar to everyone that has followed his decade on this show.

But the writers will continue to act like he's The Perfect Guy (Brains and Balls Sold Separately).

• Love 3

Nov. 6 is actually closest to Emma's birthday, but I'm sure the show doesn't give a crap about that.

Hmm, last we all heard KMc would be on hand for the Jakeson reveal. I'll guess that she escapes Helena because more than anything, she wants to see her daughter for her b-day (and remember, the 1st Scrubs wedding got interrupted by Robin going into labor). I will guess she crashes the Liz-Jakeson wedding (where Patrick, Sam, and Emma would be guests), tells Liz in front of everyone she can't let them get married because Jason is Sam's husband and Helena admitted to her awhile ago that Nikolas knows the truth. Nikolas then tries to shut Robin down/protect the secret and Laura comes forth to defend Robin. She acknowledges that Nikolas and Elizabeth admitted the truth to her privately. 

Hmm, last we all heard KMc would be on hand for the Jakeson reveal. I'll guess that she escapes Helena because more than anything, she wants to see her daughter for her b-day (and remember, the 1st Scrubs wedding got interrupted by Robin going into labor). I will guess she crashes the Liz-Jakeson wedding (where Patrick, Sam, and Emma would be guests), tells Liz in front of everyone she can't let them get married because Jason is Sam's husband and Helena admitted to her awhile ago that Nikolas knows the truth. Nikolas then tries to shut Robin down/protect the secret and Laura comes forth to defend Robin. She acknowledges that Nikolas and Elizabeth admitted the truth to her privately.

I'll be shocked if she's back for it. The show already has so many other things to deal with. The Liz and Nik lie, Samtrick, Liason, Jason, Hayden. Too much is going on to throw Robin in there next month and be like, "Surprise! I was a prisoner!"

Edited by HeatLifer

This back from the dead story is so contrived. Was Sam a sobbing wreck last year on her anniversary. 

Liz gets more and more vile. Nov. 6 cant come fast enough.

I always cringe at people singing/playing guitar on TV. Even if they are good I always cringe. Especially since its out of the blue for Patrick.

• Love 2

Sonny's an honorable man!' 'Sonny is the hero this city deserves!' drives me nuts.

Something Dillon said today made some sense (not real world sense, but PC sense).  I'm paraphrasing but it was something like, "Sonny doesn't run around wreaking havoc in town while people like the Jeromes do".  So, I took that to mean that the PC people beleive Sonny is "honourable" because he does his job running the shipping lanes to Canada to pass his bootleg Brokeback Mountain DVDs, or gummy bears, or whatever the heck he's peddling that isn't drugs.  And it's everyone else's fault for not letting him do that without trying to challenge him and take it away from him.  

Was Sam a sobbing wreck last year on her anniversary.

Weirdly, last year around this same date-ish, she went over to Sonny's on "Jason's birthday." But Jason never celebrated his September bday, did he? Didn't he always recognize it as January, when he woke up from the coma?

Too much is going on to throw Robin in there next month and be like, "Surprise! I was a prisoner!"

The show is tanking. What's one more big reveal? I can see them wanting to get everything out at once. It's all about Sonny and Jason anyway.

• Love 1

The show is tanking. What's one more big reveal? I can see them wanting to get everything out at once. It's all about Sonny and Jason anyway.

This has been more about the quad than Sonny and Jason. I really think Robin is still going to be a prisoner and remain unmentioned into next year and beyond.

This back from the dead story is so contrived. Was Sam a sobbing wreck last year on her anniversary. 

Liz gets more and more vile. Nov. 6 cant come fast enough.

I always cringe at people singing/playing guitar on TV. Even if they are good I always cringe. Especially since its out of the blue for Patrick.

But-but he played the guitar when he and Emma performed at the NB!