Type keyword(s) to search

Caitlyn Jenner: Call Me Caitlyn

• Start Topic

I got a good laugh today when the Daily Fail published yet another set of photos of Caitlyn walking through a grocery store parking lot. I wonder how much Caitlyn has to pay them to do that every week.

At least Caitlyn has kept quiet about the elections lately. We can be thankful for that.

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:26 PM, GaT said:

I was under the impression you had to go through all sorts of therapy before doctors would start any surgeries. I don't know if I was mistaken, or she has really bad doctors.

No, not anymore.  The medical/psychological community now realizes that gender dysphoria is not temporary, "fixable", and they typically know from very early childhood who they want to be.

On 10/17/2016 at 3:18 PM, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

No, not anymore.  The medical/psychological community now realizes that gender dysphoria is not temporary, "fixable", and they typically know from very early childhood who they want to be.

Not always.   There's no factory-setting for gender dysphoria.   We're all on a spectrum.   The idea of the RLT was to help avoid situations where the individual is misguided or deluded about who they really are.   For example, a gay man who has been in denial all his life decides a sex change is the only way to "fix what's wrong with him" when all he may really need is some psychotherapy and a gay relationship.   Ditto for guilt-ridden crossdressers who think "gender confirmation surgery" will legitimize their impulses when they might be better served by accepting who they are and finding healthy outlets to explore/express their feminine side.  Not everyone who cries gender dysphoria should be a candidate for irreversible surgery.   There needs to be a process in place, for everyone's safety. 

FWIW, I'm also against surgery for anyone younger than legal age.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4

Tabloid news about Caitlyn's "tell-all" book... it might not tell very much about Kris.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/caitlyn-jenner-autobiography-kris-jenner-divorce-details/  "Pay-For-Play! Kris Takes Control Of Caitlyn’s Tell-All To Ensure NO Secrets Spilled."

... fans hoping for juicy revelations about her ex-wife Kris Jenner are in for a major disappointment. A source privy to details about Caitlyn’s book told Radar she’s watered down all the juicy parts about Kris, as part of a pact she made with her during negotiations for Caitlyn’s return to Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

According to the source, Caitlyn is already preparing people in her close circle for the lean portions about her former spouse.

“She’s playing off it off as a noble act by saying, ‘I don’t want to hurt Kendall and Kylie by speaking ill of their mother,’ but the truth is, he can’t afford to piss Kris off!”

“Caitlyn went running back to Kris when she learned her show, I Am Cait was being canceled,” said the [source]. “While Kris isn’t her official manager anymore, she still relies on her for business advice.” ... “Caitlyn and Kris are thick as thieves,” according to a source close to Caitlyn, adding that the pair talks several times a day. “Kris missed being able to unload on somebody who understands the stressors she’s under. Caitlyn was always a good listener, and supportive of Kris.”

Gossip Cop says Radar made all this up. (That's a possibility, knowing Radar.)

http://www.gossipcop.com/caitlyn-jenner-pay-for-play-deal-kris-book-agreement/ "Caitlyn Jenner, Kris Jenner Do NOT Have “Pay For Play” Deal, Despite Report"

Caitlyn Jenner and Kris Jenner do not have any kind of “pay for play” deal, despite a report. Gossip Cop can exclusively debunk the story.

“Pay-For-Play! Kris Takes Control Of Caitlyn’s Tell-All To Ensure NO Secrets Spilled,” blares a headline from RadarOnline. According to the site, Caitlyn “watered down all the juicy parts about Kris” in her upcoming memoir “as part of a pact she made with her during negotiations for Caitlyn’s return to ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians.'”...

Well, if Caitlyn and Kris did have a pay-for-play deal, of COURSE they would both deny it.

Gossip Cop is debunking based on what? Their word? LOL Funny Gossip Cop isn't debunking the fact Caitlyn did negotiate a return for KUWTK. Hence the promo featuring her in a plot line. So something was negotiated.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I guess we'll see if anyone buys it.

People will buy it -- that is, the Kardashian-Jenners will go and buy multiple copies at bookstores. Remember, when Kim & Kayne got the Vogue cover, the paps caught Kim and one or two sisters out at various newsstands buying stacks of copies.

I can't wait to read the reviews of Jenner's book on Amazon. The reviews of Kim's first selfie book, "Selfish," and Kris' cookbook were hilarious. The novel that Kendall and Kylie "wrote" bombed too.

Caitlyn Jenner/Books

1 of 1

Finding the Champion Within

Decathlon challenge

Bruce Jenner's The Athletic Body: A Complete Fitness Guide for Teenagers--sports, Strength, Health, Agility

The Olympics and Me

Bruce Jenner's Guide to the Olympics

Bruce Jenner's Viewers Guide to the 1984 Summer Olympics

I wonder what the title of the will be.

On September 26, 2016 at 11:13 PM, Dahlia said:

Sorry, didn't mean to quote Dahlias post,  I just wanted to say that that is a shit ton of invasive procedures for Someone pushing 70 to undergo for more fame and fortune.    It's possible, but doesn't really make sense to me.

Edited by Mu Shu
Everything got screwed up
  • Love 3

MAC Aids Fund and Caitlyn Jenner Partner to Raise 1.3M for Transgender Community

MAC Cosmetics' philanthropic arm, the MAC Aids Fund, and Caitlyn Jenner announced that they have raised $1.3 million in funds since partnering in April 2016. They will donate the money to 21 different transgender organizations throughout the country. The partnership kicked off earlier this year with the release of the "Finally Free" limited-edition lipstick created by Jenner; 100 percent of proceeds were given to the fund's Transgender Initiative.

I work for MAC Cosmetics and we're launching tomorrow "Caitlyn Jenner For Mac". I saw a quick preview last month but got a better look today. It was 3 eye shadows, 2 blushes/highlighters, 2 lip glasses, 2 lipliners, 2 lipsticks and false lashes. The stuff I saw was very pretty but it will be interesting to see if its a big seller..the lipstick she designed for MAC a few months back was but this, as nice as it was the colors are too similar to the Mariah Carey collection that came out recently. The pictures of Caitlyn that were chosen for the display and brochure were not flattering at all, not really IMO making the product look great on. There also isn't that much of a buzz in the industry/hype for this collection unlike some of the other recent celebrity collabs for MAC.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

I work for MAC Cosmetics and we're launching tomorrow "Caitlyn Jenner For Mac". I saw a quick preview last month but got a better look today. It was 3 eye shadows, 2 blushes/highlighters, 2 lip glasses, 2 lipliners, 2 lipsticks and false lashes. The stuff I saw was very pretty but it will be interesting to see if its a big seller..the lipstick she designed for MAC a few months back was but this, as nice as it was the colors are too similar to the Mariah Carey collection that came out recently. The pictures of Caitlyn that were chosen for the display and brochure were not flattering at all, not really IMO making the product look great on. There also isn't that much of a buzz in the industry/hype for this collection unlike some of the other recent celebrity collabs for MAC.

My gut tells me it will fail. No one looks up to Caitlyn. No one gets hyped up about a Caitlyn make up collection. She doesn't have a huge fanbase. No one kares.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Other than Kardashian die-hards (and even they may be hard-pressed) the only potential market I can think of would be other transgender women.   And we can't stand her.  

The book is due to come out soon too.   IMO, the timing couldn't be worse.    The identity/cultural politics of 2015 have been laid to waste by recent events.   Not only will a big chunk of the public sneer at the book and the related publicity, but even people who might have paused to consider it before may pass it by because suddenly everyone has much bigger and more worrisome things on their minds.   Every day now the headlines are filled with Russia, China, and now North Korea.  The prospect of 30 million people losing their health care coverage.   Talk of massive inflation and unemployment if a trade war happens.  The deep uncertainty about what's going to happen after January 20th.   With all this anxiety permeating every facet of our lives, I don't know how many people will feel compelled to shell out $30 to read Jenner's self-serving lament about not being able to be a girl. 

I also wonder if Jenner's resurgence (because you know she's going to do the talk show circuit, magazine interviews, CNN interviews, etc.,  to promote the book) will furnish an opportunity for small-minded people to cast off the shackles of political correctness and say the hateful things they felt they couldn't in 2015.   I hope not, and not because I care about Jenner.   But if people start feeling free to be openly spiteful of transgender people again, it could quickly become a more dangerous world for those of us who don't have multi-million dollar mansions to retreat to. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Nutella said:

My gut tells me it will fail. No one looks up to Caitlyn. No one gets hyped up about a Caitlyn make up collection. She doesn't have a huge fanbase. No one kares.

Its really jarring how little buzz there is especially compared to the huge buzz other collections from the past year got. The biggest launch by far was for the singer Selena and with that even before the preview of the colors were released there was this huge hype MONTHS in advance.  Mariah's was huge. Taraji P. Henson of Empire also had some good buzz. With this Caitlyn collection, as I said we didn't even get wind of it until last month and our regional rep grouped it in with other collections coming out this month. 

• Love 2

I agree that "no one kares."  People have lost interest in Caitlyn, as evidenced by the cancellation of her show. The book probably isn't going to do very well, not only because of bad timing but because she waited too long to publish it. The novelty of Caitlyn's transition has worn off. Plus, everybody is disillusioned now because she revealed herself as so shallow, vapid and self-centered.

But I guess Kris and Caitlyn could get a little storyline out of the book for KUWTK if Caitlyn wrote anything that Kris could perceive as an "insult."

• Love 5
10 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Isn't this encroaching on Kylie's territory?  Or is it marketed for a more mature crowd?  Doesn't sound like much of a line to me. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, millennium said:

I also wonder if Jenner's resurgence (because you know she's going to do the talk show circuit, magazine interviews, CNN interviews, etc.,  to promote the book) will furnish an opportunity for small-minded people to cast off the shackles of political correctness and say the hateful things they felt they couldn't in 2015.   I hope not, and not because I care about Jenner.   But if people start feeling free to be openly spiteful of transgender people again, it could quickly become a more dangerous world for those of us who don't have multi-million dollar mansions to retreat to. 

Since hate crimes are already up, you can almost be guaranteed that crimes against the LGBT community will be up too. Caitlyn Jenner being very public is not going to help anybody.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Nutella said:

This looks like a dead body in a coffin during a wake.

IMG_0186.PNG

They're going about this all wrong!  Maybe they should market this line to undertakers!!!  I don't think the Kardashians or Jenners particularly care whose money they're pocketing, as long as they're pocketing it!!!

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Lol I told you the picture was unflattering! Have some sympathy for me who has to try selling this stuff hee. Imagine a poster of that having to be in MAC stores and department store counters.

Just be like, 'so, enjoy your La Mer...and btw, do you know anyone with a fatal disease?"

• Love 5

Does the lipstick come with Photoshop?

It should be a violation of consumer protection laws to airbrush a photo so heavily, then sell the illusion that makeup will make you look like that.  Jenner is 66 years old.   Her neck is a horror show.   Her face is pleated, creased and crisscrossed with wrinkles like roads on a midwestern county map. And I don't even want to think about the physical reality of her decolletage.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Lol I told you the picture was unflattering! 

I'm wondering what the choices were if this was the picture they chose, the other pictures had to be nightmares.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, GaT said:

Caitlyn Jenner being very public is not going to help anybody.

Because she has always been the wrong person for this.   Granted, no matter who, there would be some hating going on, but her own assholery makes it that much worse.   People will feel more justified denigrating her as a transgender person simply because she also happens to be a self-centered jerk and a phony.   They may also hate on other transgender people by association, deciding that we're all just as bad.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, millennium said:

Does the lipstick come with Photoshop?

It should be a violation of consumer protection laws to airbrush a photo so heavily, then sell the illusion that makeup will make you look like that.  Jenner is 66 years old.   Her neck is a horror show.   Her face is pleated, creased and crisscrossed with wrinkles like roads on a midwestern county map. And I don't even want to think about the physical reality of her decolletage.

The retouching is so blatant, it's ridiculous. The lipstick and eye makeup look good individually, but don't go well together IMO.

• Love 2

Yes, so scandalous. Because no makeup model has ever been photoshopped before.  Does anyone think that you can have a 60+yo person who lived most of her life as a man model makeup in photos that haven't been retouched?  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, toolazy said:

Yes, so scandalous. Because no makeup model has ever been photoshopped before.  Does anyone think that you can have a 60+yo person who lived most of her life as a man model makeup in photos that haven't been retouched?  

There's retouching and there's lying.   This is lying.   On the chest, for example, they made Jenner's skin look like that of a 14-year-old girl.   

Maybe they wouldn't need to retouch it so heavily if Jenner were willing to present as a woman her actual age instead of once again finding someone to facilitate her lame, superficial fantasies of what it means to be a woman.   The Jenner glamour-girl costume party has been going on since day one of her transition.   It gives the public a false impression of the effects of transgender surgery, and creates impossible standards and expectations for other transgender people. 

*Disclaimer:  When I say "costume party" I am referring to Jenner's fetish for being made up to look like a weird 67-year-old sex doll, not a reference to the transition itself.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, millennium said:

It gives the public a false impression of the effects of transgender surgery, and creates impossible standards and expectations for other transgender people. 

I imagine, though, that a vast majority of transgender people realize how fake Jenner is.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I imagine, though, that a vast majority of transgender people realize how fake Jenner is.

Perhaps Jenner has the opposite effect, then: rather than giving false impressions of what transitioning can accomplish, she reminds other transgender people of what they will never have (wealth, celebrity, protection from  criticism and ridicule, immunity to discrimination in employment, housing, etc.) 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Perhaps Jenner has the opposite effect, then: rather than giving false impressions of what transitioning can accomplish, she reminds other transgender people of what they will never have (wealth, celebrity, protection from  criticism and ridicule, immunity to discrimination in employment, housing, etc.) 

Which is probably why, as you've said, she's no role model.

• Love 2

… I have kind of positioned myself with the Republican party to try to help these people understand. [To help] the Republican party understand what the issues are for the LBGT community.”

Funny, considering the asshole has never understood what those issues are herself.

11 hours ago, toolazy said:

That's horrifying. 

Yes but this is possibly the only scenario in which she is less horrifying than other things.

On 1/3/2017 at 4:54 PM, howmanywords said:

Lol I told you the picture was unflattering! Have some sympathy for me who has to try selling this stuff hee. Imagine a poster of that having to be in MAC stores and department store counters.

Good god, green isn't many people's color, and it's really awful on her.   Can't you just get some ugly green shit from Wet and Wild for cheap?

good wig game, though.  her hair has been tight lately.