Type keyword(s) to search

Caitlyn Jenner: Call Me Caitlyn

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, Artsda said:

'We do not need you to save us': Transgender model Isis King slams Caitlyn Jenner's response to Donald Trump in open letter detailing the former decathlete's 'privilege'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4258256/Transgender-model-Isis-King-slams-Caitlyn-Jenner.html#ixzz4ZfGNgXss

Good for Isis!  That was a great letter. Caitlyn deserved every word of the harsh criticism.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Love 3

Is there anything remotely feminine about Jenner?   Or even androgynous?   Despite the clothes, the hair and makeup, I don't see it, I don't feel it, I can't even convince myself that maybe it's just my strong personal dislike of the person.   The video above only validated that impression.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2

This is what she wrote to accompany her video on Instagram

Tap video for sound

Video

2dI have a message for the trans kids of America. You are winning. I know it doesn’t feel that way today or every day, but you _ are _ winning. You are going to keep on winning so much you’re going to get sick of winning. Very soon, we'll win full freedom nationwide, and it’s going to happen with bipartisan support. For all our friends out there, If you want to be part of this winning side, you can help by checking out the National Center for Trans Equality and letting Washington hear how you feel loud and clear. (Link in bio!) Now…I also have a message for the bullies. You suck. You’re losers and you’re going to keep on losing. Because you’re weak, you pick on kids or you pick on women or anyone you think is vulnerable. Apparently even becoming the Attorney General isn’t enough to cure some of you of your insecurity. As proof that you can’t stop our progress, the Supreme Court will soon hear an important Title Nine case thanks to the courage of a brave young man named Gavin Grimm. See you in court!

5 hours ago, millennium said:

Is there anything remotely feminine about Jenner?   Or even androgynous?   Despite the clothes, the hair and makeup, I don't see it, I don't feel it, I can't even convince myself that maybe it's just my strong personal dislike of the person.   The video above only validated that impression.

Isn't part of being transgender, or even human, the ability to identify however we wish, without judgement? Especially as it relates to personal experience.  FFS, this is a person in their 60's!  Not many women who were born women are all that feminine anymore once they're in their 60's.  

I get that Caitlyn is an asshole who doesn't appreciate the advantages that she has over most transgender people but does that mean we get to be hypocritical about it? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, toolazy said:

Isn't part of being transgender, or even human, the ability to identify however we wish, without judgement? Especially as it relates to personal experience.  FFS, this is a person in their 60's!  Not many women who were born women are all that feminine anymore once they're in their 60's.  

I get that Caitlyn is an asshole who doesn't appreciate the advantages that she has over most transgender people but does that mean we get to be hypocritical about it? 

Sorry, I disagree.   As a transgender person myself, I think Jenner does a disservice to people like me.   She wears the clothes but everything else about her says man.   Not so long ago she publicly expressed her distaste for transgender women who look like "men in dresses."   She ought to take a long, hard look in a mirror.  

Her lazy mannish presentation does nothing but perpetuate the myth that transgender people are deluded males (or females), or autogynephilic fetishists not truly interested in assimilating and living as women but just playing dress-up and living as caricatures.   YMMV, but I believe in the gender binary.    To Jenner, I would say be a woman or don't.  But don't come at womanhood like it's a Chinese menu where you can pick and choose just the pretty and easy parts and to hell with the rest.  If that's how she wants to live, fine.   But IMO I don't think she should be giving the public the impression that she is transsexual or that she should qualify for legal female status.

FFS, this is a person in their 60's!  Not many women who were born women are all that feminine anymore once they're in their 60's.  

I don't know where you live, but some of the most gracious ladies I have known in my life have been 60 and older.   Femininity is an inner quality.   It doesn't age or wrinkle.   You can see it in a woman's eyes at any age, in her smile, her gestures, you can hear it in her voice and in her laughter.   It seems a concept utterly alien to Caitlyn Jenner.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 10

Physically, the thing that makes her look most like a man is her shoulders, and there's not really anything she can do about those.  She's lucky she has a daughter in the cosmetic business, because she needs a lot of them.  

@millenium, I was under the impression that most people in the trans community do not believe that gender is necessarily binary, so I'm surprised to hear you say it.  

The other day I watched one of the older episodes of KUWTK - it was the one where the family travels to NY for Kanye's fashion show, and Lamar makes his first public appearance since his hospitalization.

Caitlyn was there as well.  At one point, they are all having dinner after the show and she gets right in Kris's face and loudly  asks Kris if she wants to go to the ladies room with her.  Kris simply says no.  Then later, Caitlyn starts going on to Lamar about "so much has happened" (referring to her transition).  She says it more than once, clearly in an effort to turn the conversation to her.  It doesn't work, Lamar just sort of looks at her, and Khloe wasn't having any of it to begin with, and finally she (Caitlyn) tells Lamar "alot has happened, we need to talk".

What struck me was that in an episode that featured every Kardashian woman, along with Johathan Cheban AND Kanye West, Caitlyn Jenner came across as the most annoying and obnoxious.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, mwell345 said:

The other day I watched one of the older episodes of KUWTK - it was the one where the family travels to NY for Kanye's fashion show, and Lamar makes his first public appearance since his hospitalization.

Caitlyn was there as well.  At one point, they are all having dinner after the show and she gets right in Kris's face and loudly  asks Kris if she wants to go to the ladies room with her.  Kris simply says no.  Then later, Caitlyn starts going on to Lamar about "so much has happened" (referring to her transition).  She says it more than once, clearly in an effort to turn the conversation to her.  It doesn't work, Lamar just sort of looks at her, and Khloe wasn't having any of it to begin with, and finally she (Caitlyn) tells Lamar "alot has happened, we need to talk".

What struck me was that in an episode that featured every Kardashian woman, along with Johathan Cheban AND Kanye West, Caitlyn Jenner came across as the most annoying and obnoxious.

I'm sure that after years of being either ignored completely or ridiculed for her choice of clothing or hair style, by her wife and kids, Caitlyn may well have thought that becoming one of them, all that  would change. It didn't. Being annoying and obnoxious may be her attempt to.draw that attention and allow her inclusion into that circle. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, iwasish said:

I'm sure that after years of being either ignored completely or ridiculed for her choice of clothing or hair style, by her wife and kids, Caitlyn may well have thought that becoming one of them, all that  would change. It didn't. Being annoying and obnoxious may be her attempt to.draw that attention and allow her inclusion into that circle. 

I doubt Caitlyn was ever ignored.  That's the narrative she put out there.  She's spent her entire life being the superstar and having all 3 of her wives cater to and make sacrifices for her.  She thinks she's parent of the century for carpooling her step kids around (while ignoring her older bio kids).  Kris pretty much single handedly revived and managed Caitlyn's career in the early 90's after Caitlyn took years out of the spotlight to start her first transition.   Caitlyn is now like a grown child throwing tantrums because she doesn't have that dutiful fan base wiping her arse and throwing her parties every time she sneezes. 

• Love 5

Caitlyn only cares about herself.  She isn't interested in women's issues, or non-wealthy people issues, or anything that doesn't directly impact her at any given moment.  She was all in to the LGBT-Q community when she needed to fill out the cast and create storylines for her now-cancelled show.  What has she done lately to give back?  

• Love 5

"Sources" are trying to drum up interest in Caitlyn's new book, claiming she trashes Kris and blames Kris for keeping her in the closet for 20-plus years. Sounds to me like an attempt to set up a fake fight between Kris and Caitlyn for a KUWTK episode.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/caitlyn-jenners-memoir-to-reveal-coming-out-struggles-with-kris-jenner-w472125

"Caitlyn Jenner's New Memoir Will Reveal Coming-Out Struggles With Kris Jenner"

"Bad blood! Caitlyn Jenner is going for ex-wife Kris' jugular in her upcoming memoir. In The Secrets of My Life, set to hit shelves on April 25, the transgender activist, 67, writes that Kris, 61, "made her suppress her true self," a Caitlyn source exclusively reveals in the latest issue of Us Weekly. 

... "in 1991, Caitlyn told her [Kris] about wanting to transition "and Kris pushed her into the closet," ... ' " "Caitlyn resents Kris for a life she didn't get to live.' " ...

Bullshit. Caitlyn could have come out of the closet any time she wanted. Blaming Kris for suppressing the transition is just an excuse for being afraid to go ahead with it.

• Love 9

"Imagine denying your core and soul. Then add to it the most impossible expectations that people have for you because you are the personification of The American Male Athlete."

From goodreads.com book description:

The book will cover Caitlyn Jenner's childhood as Bruce Jenner and rise to fame as a gold-medal-winning Olympic decathlete; her marriages and her relationships with her children; her transition; and her experience as the world's most famous transgender woman.

Is she really the most famous?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

"and Kris pushed her into the closet,"

If this is in the book, Caitlyn learned nothing from the Vanity Fair issues and the kids will have reactions. Caitlyn should think about the kids first before slinging mud.

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I think so. Talented - no. Most famous, thanks to being Kim's dad and Kanye's father-in-law, yes. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

My, my.  Do you mean to tell me that when the sun starts to go down on a member of the Klan, that they might go so far as to sell out other members of the family for a fleeting moment of fame?

Quelle surprise.

• Love 3

If this is in the book, Caitlyn learned nothing from the Vanity Fair issues and the kids will have reactions. Caitlyn should think about the kids first before slinging mud.

They can spin all they want, but I bet they barely have a relationship with her. Sure they trot out together when they need to get some publicity, but outside of that I think they rarely see her. Can you see Kris  having her weekly tea party with Faye, Kyle and Caitlyn?  

• Love 2
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

"Imagine denying your core and soul. Then add to it the most impossible expectations that people have for you because you are the personification of The American Male Athlete."

From goodreads.com book description:

The book will cover Caitlyn Jenner's childhood as Bruce Jenner and rise to fame as a gold-medal-winning Olympic decathlete; her marriages and her relationships with her children; her transition; and her experience as the world's most famous transgender woman.

It's a pretty low bar.   

• Love 2
On 17/03/2017 at 6:37 AM, Coffeecup said:

"Sources" are trying to drum up interest in Caitlyn's new book, claiming she trashes Kris and blames Kris for keeping her in the closet for 20-plus years. Sounds to me like an attempt to set up a fake fight between Kris and Caitlyn for a KUWTK episode.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/caitlyn-jenners-memoir-to-reveal-coming-out-struggles-with-kris-jenner-w472125

"Caitlyn Jenner's New Memoir Will Reveal Coming-Out Struggles With Kris Jenner"

"Bad blood! Caitlyn Jenner is going for ex-wife Kris' jugular in her upcoming memoir. In The Secrets of My Life, set to hit shelves on April 25, the transgender activist, 67, writes that Kris, 61, "made her suppress her true self," a Caitlyn source exclusively reveals in the latest issue of Us Weekly. 

... "in 1991, Caitlyn told her [Kris] about wanting to transition "and Kris pushed her into the closet," ... ' " "Caitlyn resents Kris for a life she didn't get to live.' " ...

Bullshit. Caitlyn could have come out of the closet any time she wanted. Blaming Kris for suppressing the transition is just an excuse for being afraid to go ahead with it.

It seems Kris didn't want to marry a woman, Caitlyn could take it or leave it.  Caitlyn obviously decided that marrying Kris was more important than becoming a woman. Caitlyn made a choice, and Caitlyn should understand that it was 100 % her own choice. She'd dumped wives and kids twice already by 1991.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

It seems Kris didn't want to marry a woman, Caitlyn could take it or leave it.  Caitlyn obviously decided that marrying Kris was more important than becoming a woman. Caitlyn made a choice, and Caitlyn should understand that it was 100 % her own choice. She'd dumped wives and kids twice already by 1991.

It's easy to see what Kris saw in Bruce (cha-ching), but what was he doing?! He took on four more kids (plus two, later) after dumping his first four - maybe he was sabotaging his difficult transition.

(Maybe this should read "Caitlyn" but he was being Bruce then.)

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

It's easy to see what Kris saw in Bruce (cha-ching), but what was he doing?! He took on four more kids (plus two, later) after dumping his first four - maybe he was sabotaging his difficult transition.

(Maybe this should read "Caitlyn" but he was being Bruce then.)

She did say that the two girls were a distraction. And I took it to mean a distraction from the inner gender struggle she was having. Taking on a new wife and 4 step kids plus adding more, devoting the day to being parent extraordinaire (in her mind) with the carpooling and sports and homework probably did distract her. 

When she was traveling, doing speaking engagements, she has said she used that time to dress up and wear makeup out in public. I just have always thought it strange that Kris claims to be so much in the dark, when big mouth Kimmy knew and shared it with the Kardashian girls and Kendall and Kylie had some idea. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, toolazy said:

There's no way that Kris didn't know.  Heck, looking at old episodes of the show in hindsight, you can see it! 

She knew. She just put her head in the sand because she needed the money. As Caitlyn said, once Kris no longer needed her, she couldn't wait to get rid of her. I think though, Kris never expected her husband do anything more than move to Malibu and play  dress up all.alone.

• Love 3
On 3/19/2017 at 3:28 AM, Kokapetl said:

Exactly this.   Caitlyn could have left at any time during the 20 year marriage. 

I think this line sums it up (bold is mine): "A second pal counters that the claims against the momager are "unfounded," adding that "Caitlyn resents Kris for a life she didn't get to live."

I think the attention Caitlyn received when she transitioned went to her head (cover of VF, Diane Sawyer prime time interview, fashion designers sending her all kids of goodies, a zillion twitter followers, her own show, the ESPN award...).   Unfortunately, for her, the attention fizzled out just as quickly.   And I think she thought she was going to get to be a "Kardashian" with all the attention that goes with it, and it didn't work out for her. 

Of course Caitlyn wants to sell her book, but she also wants attention and plenty of it.  Once Kris got over the initial embarrassment, I don't think she cared that much about Caitlyn.   Yeah, she'll always be a friend, they have daughters, blah blah blah, but Kris could give a hoot about Caitlyn.  She never seemed to care that much for her when they were married.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Exactly this.   Caitlyn could have left at any time during the 20 year marriage. 

I think this line sums it up (bold is mine): "A second pal counters that the claims against the momager are "unfounded," adding that "Caitlyn resents Kris for a life she didn't get to live."

I think the attention Caitlyn received when she transitioned went to her head (cover of VF, Diane Sawyer prime time interview, fashion designers sending her all kids of goodies, a zillion twitter followers, her own show, the ESPN award...).   Unfortunately, for her, the attention fizzled out just as quickly.   And I think she thought she was going to get to be a "Kardashian" with all the attention that goes with it, and it didn't work out for her. 

Of course Caitlyn wants to sell her book, but she also wants attention and plenty of it.  Once Kris got over the initial embarrassment, I don't think she cared that much about Caitlyn.   Yeah, she'll always be a friend, they have daughters, blah blah blah, but Kris could give a hoot about Caitlyn.  She never seemed to care that much for her when they were married.

Caitlyn has been the center of attention her entire life.  Small town athlete turned Olympic superstar.  Caitlyn and Kris had a whirlwind courtship and marriage and the driver for this was that Kris knew she wasn't going to walk out of a marriage to a prominent attorney/entertainment exec with much more than peanuts and she wanted a blank canvas to hone her management skills (enter Caitlyn).  And Caitlyn was so attention starved at that point she'd go along with whatever.  2 people mutually agreeing to put blinders on and navigate through a 20+ year marriage/partnership AND introduce MORE kids into the mix.  There's always a basement underneath the bottom of the denial bucket.  Even divorced, these two have found a way to dig even deeper.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Wives can't win in these situations.   Like most people raised male, Jenner believed the husband's needs superseded the wife's, and that the wife should acquiesce and change to accommodate, even if meant being married to a woman.   Often transgender husbands resort to emotional blackmail, i.e.,"if you really loved me, you would accept me as the person I am," fully believing their wives should become de facto lesbians despite a lifetime of heterosexuality.   Or that the wife should gleefully assist them and be happy for them even though the wife is losing the person she married.  

It's so selfish, and so like a man. 

Edited by millennium
  • Love 9
On 3/16/2017 at 6:37 PM, Coffeecup said:

Yep.  "Kris put me in the closet."  Maybe, but Kris didn't have the power to keep her there.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, ByTor said:

Yep.  "Kris put me in the closet."  Maybe, but Kris didn't have the power to keep her there.

I suspect this is just hype for the book.  Caitlyn still needs Kris (and her younger bio children and step children) to stay relevant.  She's not going to burn that bridge.  Kris' fingerprints were all over Caitlyn's Diane Sawyer interview, Vanity fair interview, ESPY award, and I am Cait.  As much as I despise Kris, she completely revived Caitlyn's career at least once, cared for and supported Caitlyn for nearly 25 years.  Caitlyn can't afford to have her high profile family turn on her.  I'm sure there is a lot she regrets in hindsight, but it's well documented that she put her first two wives (and the children from those marriages) through a lot and has yet to issue any sort of public apology. 

• Love 2

Diane Sawyer is going to interview Caitlyn again, on the 20/20 program April 21. Hmmm, how convenient, just when Caitlyn has her new book coming out.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/diane-sawyer-to-interview-caitlyn-jenner-two-years-post-transition-w473237

"Caitlyn Jenner to Sit Down With Diane Sawyer Again Two Years After First Interview About Her Transition"

"Time for a check-in. Diane Sawyer will interview Caitlyn Jenner again two years after she spoke with the former Olympian about her decision to transition.

"ABC announced in a Wednesday, March 22, press release that the news anchor, 71, will sit down with Jenner, 67, for an exclusive one-on-one set to air on the Friday, April 21, special edition of 20/20...

"... According to ABC’s press release, the motivational speaker 'expressed an interest' in chatting with Sawyer again to talk about 'the reality of life after the interview...' "

Right, yeah. She has an interest in shilling the new book... the reality of earning royalties and snagging more interviews to talk about her life, like the whole world doesn't already know about it, and throw some dirt on Kris.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

I suspect this is just hype for the book.  Caitlyn still needs Kris (and her younger bio children and step children) to stay relevant.  She's not going to burn that bridge.  

I wonder exactly when she "wrote" it? Did she write it back when she thought she was going to be the Transgender Darling, or after the transgender community pretty much turned their back on her. If she wrote it when she thought she didn't need the Ks anymore, she might be in trouble now.

41 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

How much of the book did she actually write herself?  

Yeah, good question.

42 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Kylie and Kendall are authors as well.

Don't forget about Khloe's self help book, Kris' cookbook, & of course, Kim's selfie book.  Why, it's practically the family business. Along with posting nude selfies on IG.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, GaT said:

I wonder exactly when she "wrote" it? Did she write it back when she thought she was going to be the Transgender Darling, or after the transgender community pretty much turned their back on her. If she wrote it when she thought she didn't need the Ks anymore, she might be in trouble now.

Yeah, good question.

Don't forget about Khloe's self help book, Kris' cookbook, & of course, Kim's selfie book.  Why, it's practically the family business. Along with posting nude selfies on IG.

Isn't Caitlyn dyslexic? Not that she isn't capable of writing a book if she is, but I imagine it would be more difficult. Plus she never seemed to be much of an intellectual, so I really don't see her sitting around putting pen to paper.  Kylie and Kendall may have ghost written it, after all they're published authors.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Isn't Caitlyn dyslexic? Not that she isn't capable of writing a book if she is, but I imagine it would be more difficult. Plus she never seemed to be much of an intellectual, so I really don't see her sitting around putting pen to paper.  Kylie and Kendall may have ghost written it, after all they're published authors.

Ghostwriters do 99% of the work, a few interviews with the "author" and subjects referenced.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Diane Sawyer is going to interview Caitlyn again, on the 20/20 program April 21. Hmmm, how convenient, just when Caitlyn has her new book coming out.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/diane-sawyer-to-interview-caitlyn-jenner-two-years-post-transition-w473237

"Caitlyn Jenner to Sit Down With Diane Sawyer Again Two Years After First Interview About Her Transition"

"Time for a check-in. Diane Sawyer will interview Caitlyn Jenner again two years after she spoke with the former Olympian about her decision to transition.

"ABC announced in a Wednesday, March 22, press release that the news anchor, 71, will sit down with Jenner, 67, for an exclusive one-on-one set to air on the Friday, April 21, special edition of 20/20...

"... According to ABC’s press release, the motivational speaker 'expressed an interest' in chatting with Sawyer again to talk about 'the reality of life after the interview...' "

Right, yeah. She has an interest in shilling the new book... the reality of earning royalties and snagging more interviews to talk about her life, like the whole world doesn't already know about it, and throw some dirt on Kris.

A "life one year after the interview" interview with Diane Sawyer was announced last year, but never materialized -- probably due to the widespread disdain for Jenner and the failure of the cable show.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, GaT said:
9 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

How much of the book did she actually write herself?  

None, they announced  Buzz Bissinger would work "with" Caitlyn on the memoir. So basically Buzz writes and Caitlyn just gives events.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, GaT said:

Yeah, good question.

I suspect there will be a lot of blatant lies positioning Jenner as the Transgender Darling still, especially since Buzzinger is an admitted crossdresser himself and not likely to be objective.  

Anyway, what else can Jenner do?  Write a memoir that begins, I had more opportunity and unconditional acceptance thrown at me than any other LGBT person in history and I shit all over it ... but I made a lot of money.

• Love 3
On 23/03/2017 at 3:48 AM, GaT said:

Yeah, good question.

Kendall and Kylie recently published the second novel in "their" sci-fi trilogy. 

56 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Kendall and Kylie recently published the second novel in "their" sci-fi trilogy. 

I'm sure they're hard at work on the third installment! I bet if they knew that a trilogy meant 3, they'd never have signed a deal.  

• Love 6
On 3/24/2017 at 2:28 PM, iwasish said:

I'm sure they're hard at work on the third installment! I bet if they knew that a trilogy meant 3, they'd never have signed a deal.  

For giggles, log onto Goodreads and check out some of the reviews of their first book.