Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, vast wasteland said:

Khloe Kardashian does daily affirmations with True in the mirror to help her daughter 'feel beautiful'

Okay, here I go.  The following is written with no first hand knowledge, just what I have thought as I read about Khloe and see her social media postings.

My heart goes out to her.  She is different in a family of same.  I think there may possibly be some truth that Robert was not her father.  Again, no facts, just my thoughts.  So from the very beginning she may have felt "other" and different.  I think she did.  And her differences were not the beauty ideals of our culture.  She was large, at least larger than her sisters, (certainly not larger that the majority of women in this country) and her features were not the ones of the culturally normative definition of "pretty."

She filters a great many of her social media pictures, I think she likes that version of herself.  I'll go further and say that she wishes she looked like that in real life.

Affirmations?  Ludicrous.  If 90% of your life is spent trying with every available artifice to look a certain accepted way, words will be meaningless to your daughter.  She will see immediately what the true focus of your definition of beauty is.  And I'm really not judging.  It is near impossible in this culture to escape the knowledge that you are less if you are not beautiful in the acceptable way.

Not to mention that your family's focus and businesses center around women dressing, making themselves (and heavily I might add) up, even surgically altering their bodies to look that certain accepted way that is defined as beautiful.

And I think that Khloe, from early on, has felt that she cannot attain that look, no matter how much artificiality is involved.  Hence my thoughts on why she uses filters.  They help her to feel that she can look like that.

It is not harmless to make looks the center of your self worth.  And is hard, so hard, not to in this society that over values appearance and undervalues the beauty of compassion, understanding , kindness, viewing others with caring rather than judgement.

So my heart goes out to Khloe.  I do believe that she would like to think herself someone who is deeper, finer, more loving and above the fray of appearance.  To me, the social media filters, the surgeries, the sexualized photos say otherwise.

Again, all this is my opinion only, based on my thoughts alone.

Well said but especially agree with the bolded piece. Her daughter will eventually see that her mother doesn't practice what she preaches and it's very possible that she will look to the women in her life who are supposed to be her biggest cheerleaders and feel inadequate next to them because she'll able to SEE how much value they place on beauty and body.  And when she confides in her family about wanting to get work done and the reaction is 'if that's what makes you feel good about yourself', then it will only affirm to her that her insecurities are valid and are in need of change.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Seeing recent pics of Khloe...whether it's surgery or contouring, her nose is hitting Michael Jackson territory.

I went to her Instagram to look and OMG you’re right! 

I haven’t followed the Kardashians in a while, and I agree with @BitterApple and @DangerousMinds- Khole was never “plain” or “bad” looking.  Her height, gorgeous hair, clear skin were all natural features of hers. As far as her being a Kardashian, she looks just like Rob who no one doubts is Rob Sr’s kid ( BUT Kris Jenner is the only one who knows that), and she and Rob are the palest of the kids. I also think she and Rob are more naturally prone to weight gain (both were heavier kids, not super heavy but had the chubbiness going on) and when they are stressed they fight that battle. Khole constantly compares herself to her sisters which is why she’s so insecure. 

I think True will be a cutie pie, Tristian is scum but he’s a handsome guy, and she will likely be model tall (although likely not model thin). Khole needs to stop fucking with her nose or she will regret it when she’s 50. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I went to her Instagram to look and OMG you’re right! 

I haven’t followed the Kardashians in a while, and I agree with @BitterApple and @DangerousMinds- Khole was never “plain” or “bad” looking.  Her height, gorgeous hair, clear skin were all natural features of hers. As far as her being a Kardashian, she looks just like Rob who no one doubts is Rob Sr’s kid ( BUT Kris Jenner is the only one who knows that), and she and Rob are the palest of the kids. I also think she and Rob are more naturally prone to weight gain (both were heavier kids, not super heavy but had the chubbiness going on) and when they are stressed they fight that battle. Khole constantly compares herself to her sisters which is why she’s so insecure. 

I think True will be a cutie pie, Tristian is scum but he’s a handsome guy, and she will likely be model tall (although likely not model thin). Khole needs to stop fucking with her nose or she will regret it when she’s 50. 

Khloe and Kris have the same nose now!

• Love 1

Khloe could practice all the daily affirmations she wants with True but its laughable when you look at how she presents herself and True all over social media. That pic she just posted of Kim with True is one of the rare shots that's not filtered and something covering her head. And look at the pics Khloe posts of herself. While they are ALL into photo shopping she's by far the worst. Plastic surgery aside she still airbrushes every single picture to death. There are pics where I stare and I don't even know its Khloe. So when True starts getting older and sees all these pics, or looks at pics of mommy when she was younger and realizes how much she has changed herself all these "I am beautiful" affirmations will be moot.

I guess this overy made up photoshopped size 0 waist is what she aspires her child to be

• Love 3
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

Khloe could practice all the daily affirmations she wants with True but its laughable when you look at how she presents herself and True all over social media. That pic she just posted of Kim with True is one of the rare shots that's not filtered and something covering her head. And look at the pics Khloe posts of herself. While they are ALL into photo shopping she's by far the worst. Plastic surgery aside she still airbrushes every single picture to death. There are pics where I stare and I don't even know its Khloe. So when True starts getting older and sees all these pics, or looks at pics of mommy when she was younger and realizes how much she has changed herself all these "I am beautiful" affirmations will be moot.

I guess this overy made up photoshopped size 0 waist is what she aspires her child to be

If that’s how she actually looks she looks sickly! She’s never been a waify woman (like Kendall) she’s tall and has the bone structure to match her height, here she looks like a bobble head. 

• Love 7

Let's play "Spot the Differences."

1.  Left arm in above pink photo looks much larger and out of proportion.

2.  Head in pink photo is larger in proportion to body than in the blue photo.

3.  Waist is markedly smaller in pink photo.

4.  Hips in pink photo also markedly smaller.

5.  Is that a completely phtoshopped body in the pink photo?  Like someone else's photoshopped in?

6.  How great is this poor woman's need to fit into a certain parameter of beauty?  Is it delusional to physically and photographically alter faces/bodies and then believe that is how one looks in real life?  Why in more candid shots does she tie a shirt around her waist?  I think it is because she has amplified her ass to a size that even she is uncomfortable with.  I wish someone could convince her that she is enough, as she is naturally.  I would think it would be so hard to constantly be examining yourself for things that are "wrong" and need "fixing."

Khloé‏Verified account @khloekardashian Dec 18

DuuxH7rV4AAaMMu.jpg

My favorite new @goodamerican electric blue activewear getting me through my winter workouts! Just dropped on http://goodamerican.com !! #GoodSquad #GoodAmerican

Edited by vast wasteland
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Can you post a link to the pic in the bolded sentence above? thx!

Nevermind... I think I found it on the Kim thread...

Edited by ChristmasJones

She deleted a ton of those "negative" comments but if you saw them and even the ones that are still coming in - many were from fans, people saying things like "Khloe I love you but cool it with the Photoshop" or "be proud of what you really look like". I don't see all this hate so she needs to chill and get off social media for a bit. 

• Love 6

Khloé Kardashian Claps Back Against Photoshop Allegations: 'I Still Radiate Love!'

In response to a user who asked whether the Good American co-founder would even “keep IG if all photo editing apps were gone forever,” Kardashian countered, “Would you?”

“Sometimes I wonder why people comment if it adds no value to ones life,” she continued. “Maybe I’m just different… but I don’t care to be negative or passive aggressive. Our world is toxic enough as it is. It’s sad people care to criticize something like an editing app.”

“Let it go babe,” she added. “Say something nice or just let it go. Don’t add to the hatred in our world.”

In the same comment thread, Kardashian emphasized that what’s really important isn’t what’s on the outside, but rather the beauty that “radiates” from within.

“I believe everybody is beautiful in a multitude of ways! But by all means I don’t think anything on the outside makes us beautiful,” she wrote. “My soul radiates kindness, beauty, love etc. you have no idea how proud I am of myself for everything that I’ve been through and I still radiate love!”

“The outside is whatever we want to make it [makeup, diet, hair color, clothing] but my soul is what I’m taking with me.”

Here is what I don't understand:

Insanity-quote.jpg

Okay, here I go again.

If Khloe keeps putting her altered self out on social media, and keeps getting the same feedback from people, she must not understand her role in the process.  I think her need is so great to picture herself as looking like the altered Khloe that she can't stop.  If she is so offended by the reactions, all she has to do is stop putting the altered Khloe on social media.  She is not helpless in this situation.  Another route would be for her to just say, "I like altered Khloe.  I enjoy Photoshop and filters and I like the way they make me look.  If you don't like it, unfollow." 

But I think her need to see herself as being altered Khloe, and NOT admit to herself or others that alterations have occurred, puts her squarely in the path of public reaction. 

Maybe the public doesn't care to dwell in or support your delusion, Khloe.  You make it very hard to believe statements like the quote below.  In it you make yourself sound both untruthful and a victim.  Radiating love would indicate some degree of self love, and your incessant need to have others see you as you see yourself, enhanced lips, enhanced ass, overtly sexual clothing and poses, belies that, IMO.

But by all means I don’t think anything on the outside makes us beautiful,” she wrote. “My soul radiates kindness, beauty, love etc. you have no idea how proud I am of myself for everything that I’ve been through and I still radiate love!”

I honestly feel for you, because regardless of your words, that you "don’t think anything on the outside makes us beautiful," your actions do not indicate that is your true belief system.  Granted you live in a world where appearance is of paramount importance, and perhaps you do believe your own words.  Cognitive dissonance is defined as

In the field of psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (psychological stress) experienced by a person who simultaneously holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values.

I think holding those two disparate beliefs qualifies.

Edited by vast wasteland
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, vast wasteland said:

But I think her need to see herself as being altered Khloe, and NOT admit to herself or others that alterations have occurred, puts her squarely in the path of public reaction. 

It's the same type of thinking that she picks her men by. She NEEDS to believe the fantasy she's created about what type of men they are, & when her posts & photos put her squarely in the path of negative public reaction, she attacks. Khloe can't seem to understand that what she wants & what is real are not the same thing.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, GaT said:

It's the same type of thinking that she picks her men by. She NEEDS to believe the fantasy she's created about what type of men they are, & when her posts & photos put her squarely in the path of negative public reaction, she attacks. Khloe can't seem to understand that what she wants & what is real are not the same thing.

Exactly. 

7 minutes ago, GaT said:

Those are some ugly boots.

Her taste in clothing is as bad as hee taste in men.

Lately every single time I see Khloe one word comes to mind - tacky. Maybe its the way too blonde hair and overly filled lips? Its all so tacky and OTT. Even her Christmas party getup was gaudy. And she put that poor baby in a matching outfit.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Her taste in clothing is as bad as hee taste in men.

Lately every single time I see Khloe one word comes to mind - tacky. Maybe its the way too blonde hair and overly filled lips? Its all so tacky and OTT. Even her Christmas party getup was gaudy. And she put that poor baby in a matching outfit.

Ever since the big showdown family meeting with Caitlyn, when Khloe showed up in that white outfit wit the big fur jacket and the wide brim hat in full glam, I can’t take her seriously. She looked like Johnny Depp crossed with Mickey Rourke. Only not as good.

• Love 5

Khloé Kardashian Laments Searching for Biracial Doll for True — Before Buying This Affordable One

“Anyone know what brand makes a sweet looking biracial baby doll?” Kardashian, 34, tweeted. “Nothing too life like. Those silicone babies really freak me out! Some look so real and some look 🤦🏼‍♀️.”

She followed up the message by sending out a photo of what she’d found so far, questioning the choices. “Why though?” she wrote. “Since when did they make baby doll private parts?? And who can I speak to about these belly buttons?”

No filters available for real life?  

Khloe Kardashian Slammed For "Biracial Doll" Tweet

one of the responses:

They’re not. But asking for a Light skinned doll with good hair would have been tacky so here we are

Edited by vast wasteland
  • Love 3

On the scale of skin tones, True is not light skinned. I've seen people who come from two black parents and have a lighter skin tone than True. I don't know if all the filters have got her fooled or if she thinks the rest of us are falling for it but it's easy to guess what her ignorant ass considers 'biracial' and her daughter doesn't 'look' the part which it seems she hasn't come to accept just yet. True and all of Kim's kids have very dominant genes. If I didn't know who their mothers were, I would think that North, Saint, True and Chicago all came from two black parents.

• Love 12

Klassy. And not just biracial but sweet looking. Anyone know of an angry looking doll? She's really delusional. I think she's staring at True through filters so much she doesn't comprehend how dark she is. Will she be buying custom made turbans and headbands for the doll?

• Love 9

I think Khloe is just unhappy with life in general. She hates the way she looks, hates the way her kid looks, is forcing a relationship with a guy who only stays with her out of obligation and deflects any personal responsibility by calling everyone "jealous" and "haters."  The fact that she's even considering having a second baby by Tristan shows how far gone and deluded she is.

• Love 13

Khloe should really stop with the filters on baby true making her lighter in skin tone than what she is. I have a feeling baby True will grow up like Khloe, being the odd man out with her other cousin's due to her being darker complected and tall like her parents. 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

On the scale of skin tones, True is not light skinned. I've seen people who come from two black parents and have a lighter skin tone than True. I don't know if all the filters have got her fooled or if she thinks the rest of us are falling for it but it's easy to guess what her ignorant ass considers 'biracial' and her daughter doesn't 'look' the part which it seems she hasn't come to accept just yet. True and all of Kim's kids have very dominant genes. If I didn't know who their mothers were, I would think that North, Saint, True and Chicago all came from two black parents.

Maybe I'm missing the point here, but what is the problem with her wanting to find a doll that her child can relate to? Regardless of whether she "looks" more black or white doesn't matter -- the child IS bi-racial. She is the product of a white mother and a black father -- thus, she is bi-racial. I don't think that any bi-racial individual must assign themselves to one race or the other simply because they more strongly resemble one over the other. I think its a great idea to find a doll that represents this mix.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

I have a feeling baby True will grow up like Khloe, being the odd man out with her other cousin's due to her being darker complected and tall like her parents. 

I feel sorry for True, as she is so close in age to Chicago, who has to be one of the most gorgeous babies I've ever seen, and will likely grow up to be an absolute knockout. Not saying that True won't be gorgeous in her own right, but you can already tell Chicago is going to be head and shoulders above the rest her cousins and siblings. Khloe has low self-esteem and is going to pass that along to her daughter who will likely do everything to keep up with Chicago in order to please her mom. Poor thing.

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, BitterApple said:

True looks like she's cross-eyed. I wonder if that's something that self-corrects?

I think what True has is something called "wandering eyes" (there's a medical term I can't remember).  If it doesn't correct at least by the time she's a year or so it could be a more permanent problem. Knowing how superficial Khloe is though she'll probably start looking for ways to fix it as soon as she's old enough.

• Love 2
On 12/29/2018 at 11:41 PM, SailorGirl said:

Maybe I'm missing the point here, but what is the problem with her wanting to find a doll that her child can relate to? Regardless of whether she "looks" more black or white doesn't matter -- the child IS bi-racial. She is the product of a white mother and a black father -- thus, she is bi-racial. I don't think that any bi-racial individual must assign themselves to one race or the other simply because they more strongly resemble one over the other. I think its a great idea to find a doll that represents this mix.

Because dolls don't have ethnicities. The assumed ethnicity is based on the skin tone used for that doll. Dolls are meant to be relatable to children in terms of looks, not actual DNA. How is a child to know the difference between the two at such a young age? And being bi-racial is often inferred that you're a light-skin, often white passing mixed person when that isn't the case and True is proof of that. Bi-racial comes in all shades just as black comes in all shades. It's not a doll's job to teach you about your ancestral ties, so there's no reason why True can't have a doll that LOOKS like her while still growing up learning, understanding and appreciating the two backgrounds she comes from, even if she physically looks like more like one than the other. Khloe asking for a bi-racial doll seems like Khloe asking for a light-skinned doll which reeks of ignorance to me. If things stand as they do now, True is going to grow up seeing an example of bi-racial beauty in the industry that doesn't look like her because she's not 'light' enough. Why not give the kid a fighting chance by teaching her early on that bi-racial comes in all shades and there's absolutely nothing wrong with her packaging even if it may look a bit different from the standard being used in an industry she's basically growing up in. Get a light-skin doll that represents her ancestry but doesn't represent True and you risk True asking at a very early age why her bi-racial doll looks that way and she doesn't.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Because dolls don't have ethnicities. The assumed ethnicity is based on the skin tone used for that doll. Dolls are meant to be relatable to children in terms of looks, not actual DNA. How is a child to know the difference between the two at such a young age? And being bi-racial is often inferred that you're a light-skin, often white passing mixed person when that isn't the case and True is proof of that. Bi-racial comes in all shades just as black comes in all shades. It's not a doll's job to teach you about your ancestral ties, so there's no reason why True can't have a doll that LOOKS like her while still growing up learning, understanding and appreciating the two backgrounds she comes from, even if she physically looks like more like one than the other. Khloe asking for a bi-racial doll seems like Khloe asking for a light-skinned doll which reeks of ignorance to me. If things stand as they do now, True is going to grow up seeing an example of bi-racial beauty in the industry that doesn't look like her because she's not 'light' enough. Why not give the kid a fighting chance by teaching her early on that bi-racial comes in all shades and there's absolutely nothing wrong with her packaging even if it may look a bit different from the standard being used in an industry she's basically growing up in. Get a light-skin doll that represents her ancestry but doesn't represent True and you risk True asking at a very early age why her bi-racial doll looks that way and she doesn't.

Wow -- okay. You clearly have very strong feelings about this.

I doubt she is relying solely on the doll to teach her child about her heritage. She actually raises a valid question, as do you.

If black and bi-racial skin color is varying tones (so is white skin by the way -- put a person of Italian descent next to a person of Irish descent and compare the difference), then dolls should come in varying tones as well -- you could make your argument for any skin tone, not just black skin or bi-racial skin. 

I'm not getting into a heavy debate about dolls, but personally, I think attacking her for this is WAY over the top. Clearly, you feel differently.

Have a nice day. 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 3
On 12/29/2018 at 11:25 AM, vast wasteland said:

True looks thrilled.

On 12/29/2018 at 6:01 PM, GaT said:

One of the comments "True is beautiful, has your lips!!" LOL

HA!  Poor True has no upper lip.  Reminds me of Kylie's real lips, or lack of lips.

On 12/29/2018 at 10:41 PM, SailorGirl said:

As someone in her twitter (or Instagram) coments said:

Literally a million dolls are light skin. How would we know the dolls are biracial. We ain’t met they mama. Khloe is so dense lmao

54 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

If black and bi-racial skin color is varying tones (so is white skin by the way -- put a person of Italian descent next to a person of Irish descent and compare the difference), then dolls should come in varying tones as well -- you could make your argument for any skin tone, not just black skin or bi-racial skin. 

I see what you are saying, but they don't make Italian dolls, or Irish dolls.  Maybe they make them as specialty items, but when going to the mall and shopping for a doll for a white child, a parent doesn't look for an olive-toned Italian doll.  Khloe's daughter is black, she should get her a black doll.

Just my opinion!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SailorGirl said:

Wow -- okay. You clearly have very strong feelings about this.

I doubt she is relying solely on the doll to teach her child about her heritage. She actually raises a valid question, as do you.

I'm not getting into a heavy debate about dolls, but personally, I think attacking her for this is WAY over the top. Clearly, you feel differently.

Have a nice day. 

No, it's not strong feelings, it's an ability to communicate in greater detail the rationale behind my initial opinion which was a result of you having questions about my opinion. And to be clear, I have no issue with you doing so, the more we learn from one another, the better but I think it's unfair that you asked the question and then defaulted to a response that suggests that I'm blowing things out of proportion when the only reason I went into greater detail is because you asked a question. 

You are the one that made the argument that maybe the doll is in part to teach True about her white and black lineage which is why I brought up black skin tones because it was relevant to what we were talking about. Of course there are various white skin tones but that was never the conversation. I understand the point you're making but my point was that the doll shouldn't reflect the parental lineage, it should reflect the child. If a child is Italian but looks like the Spanish doll on the shelf, don't go looking for a doll that says 'Italian' on the box. Buy the Spanish doll because you're a child is not going to know it's a Spanish doll. Your child is going to know that doll in whatever way she interprets it  at that age, if the doll looks like her, she's going to see that doll as whatever she continually learns about herself (which is a large part will be shaped by what her parents teach her about who she is and where she comes from). I've never gone to the store and seen a doll or Barbie marketed with the label White Barbie, Asian Barbie, Black Barbie because it's about interpretation by the consumer, not labels created by the doll maker. That is what I think it's a stupid and ignorant question and I still stand by that. That isn't an attack on Khloe, it's a criticism based on something SHE said. People can be ignorant and say stupid shit, myself included and I'm not going to think someone is attacking me because they explain to me why I said something stupid, wrong, inconsiderate, etc.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 3

Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson to ring in 2019 in Cleveland’s Warehouse District

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Cleveland’s most famous couple is ringing in 2019. Khloe Karadashian and Tristan Thompson will host a New Year’s Eve party at Rumor Cleveland.

The event starts at 9 p.m. at the Warehouse District Club, 1266 West Sixth Street, Cleveland.

The Cleveland Cavaliers forward and Kardashian are expected to arrive at the club at 10:30 p.m. and will preside over a midnight balloon drop. The event includes DJs, dancing and a champagne toast.

“I don’t think Cleveland has hosted stars of this capacity for New Year’s Eve,” says Terrell Garr, co-owner of Rumor. “Khloe is one of the biggest celebrities in America and Tristan has become the leader of the Cavaliers this season.”

Tickets run $40-$125, depending on the package. For tickets and more info, go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/khloe-and-tristan-host-rumor-new-years-eve-tickets-54017058476

The crazy amount of money celebs get paid for private events

So there is more involved than just payment for services, apparently.

Kim Kardashian's fee comes with a ton of demands

These days it seems like the Kardashians and their ilk can take pretty much anything and spin it into money, so it's not too shocking that they're big players in the private appearances game. 

As far back as 2010, Kim Kardashian was earning major money for club appearances, as Glamour UK described. The magazine put her estimated earnings for showing up to celebrate her 30th birthday at a series of parties in Las Vegas at over $500,000. And by 2016, Kardashian's star had truly risen. Page Six reported that her fee for showing up to party in the Hamptons was a whopping $700,000. 

Per leaked emails obtained by Radar Online in 2014, Kardashian's costs don't just related to her appearance fee. According to the site, Kardashian's additional demands to travel for appearances on behalf of brands include "5 first class tickets, plus 1 coach, first class hotel accommodations (1 suite for talent and standard rooms for others in party), portal to portal first class exclusive ground transportation, airport greeter service, security, glam fee (day rate for her hair and makeup squad), and a per diem."

Re Khloe & the doll, instead of asking where she could get a doll that was biracial, why didn't she just ask where she could get a doll that looks like True? Plus, she has nieces, how could have never heard of American Girl dolls? This is exactly the kind of thing they do, I believe they even have a line where you can design your own doll. It just seems to me that the only reason she asked was trying to get mommy points from everyone, she was expecting people to tell her what a good mother she was for getting this doll.

• Love 17