Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Kardashian Thomas Humphries West

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

You also have to dress appropriately for court.   Your tits and ass cannot be hanging out.

Oh good. We get to see Kim with some clothes on.

She needs to do this on her own. Rick Singer is no longer available. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

I feel for Kanye - it’s a true dilemma - the meds really do mess with creativity for a lot of people.

And sometimes it's creativity or death.

But you do have to be able to write and speak a coherent sentence.   "Like" cannot be used every other word.

She is doing an apprenticeship then in 4 years she takes the "baby bar" to see if she can continue her apprenticeship.   THEN maybe she gets to take the Bar.   She is a looooooooooong way from being an attorney.

Being an attorney takes time.   You can't drop it to go to photo shoots rolling around in the dirt.   You also have to dress appropriately for court.   Your tits and ass cannot be hanging out.

Exactly! Like, has anyone ever, like, heard her speak?

But you do have to be able to write and speak a coherent sentence.   "Like" cannot be used every other word.

She is doing an apprenticeship then in 4 years she takes the "baby bar" to see if she can continue her apprenticeship.   THEN maybe she gets to take the Bar.   She is a looooooooooong way from being an attorney.

Being an attorney takes time.   You can't drop it to go to photo shoots rolling around in the dirt.   You also have to dress appropriately for court.   Your tits and ass cannot be hanging out.

The California Bar is said to be the most difficult in the country, too.

• Love 5

We're not discussing what's probably the most important thing to Kim, she's on the cover of Vogue solo, I guess this means all her dreams have come true. https://www.vogue.com/article/kim-kardashian-west-cover-may-2019 I read the interview, this part interested me:

Kim’s two mentor lawyers, Jessica Jackson (with a half-asleep baby draped over her shoulder) and Erin Haney, show up. The three of them are scheduled to study for four hours this afternoon, in an office conference room not far from here—so that Kim does not have to travel every week to San Francisco, as she has been doing since July, to log her required eighteen hours of weekly supervised study.

She's been traveling to SF every week since July???? When does she see her kids? Does she ever see Kanye?

• Love 7
7 hours ago, GaT said:

We're not discussing what's probably the most important thing to Kim, she's on the cover of Vogue solo, I guess this means all her dreams have come true. https://www.vogue.com/article/kim-kardashian-west-cover-may-2019 I read the interview, this part interested me:

She's been traveling to SF every week since July???? When does she see her kids? Does she ever see Kanye?

I’m sure she has her ever present phone in her hand during the work sessions. She probably spends quality moments with the kids on skype or FaceTime. 

Has she even been seen in SF? 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, nexxie said:

It could be for April Fool’s Day - but, as much as I consider Kim a true (sick) narcissist, I don’t think she lacks the intelligence to do something like this. Nude selfies are already failing to bring the attention a narcissist needs to thrive - she’s going to need a plan B, and may be influenced by her dad’s career.

A lack of intelligence is a trademark for Kim & that family. If she somehow get a lawyer's license to practice law, that would be even more shocking than that sex tape. 

Besides, Plan B, C, etc.. will probably be Kim pimping out North West to be just like her.

• Love 4

There are a bunch of behind the scenes videos from the Vogue shoot.  Dashkidshas the best clips. Chi looks like shes going to be a daddys girl like North. I can see those two being very competive for his attention. Kanye is hilarious though

Kim: I like to give Kanye financial advice, like how to save.

Kanye:  *deadpan* you give me advice but I don't listen 😅

• LOL 2

She's apprenticing in SF because that's where cut50 is based, the group that submitted the successful clemency petition last year. "The White House called me ... "

LOL, she's giving phone interviews to magazines and deviating from the script. To Vogue she said that OJ's scheme team (specifically Shapiro and Cochran) headquartered at her dad's home office on the weekends - which never happened. Never. Happened. To another mag she said she snooped through her dad's "OJ crime books" on the weekends. 

Thanks to this we now have another round of outlets referring to RK as a member of OJ's defense team. It never ends. He was a stooge with a 15-year-dormant law license who was tapped as a pressure relief valve. They knew OJ would lose it if he didn't get enough attention and they couldn't tolerate his demands and constant yammering. By reinstating his license RK could babysit at the defense table, visit jail outside normal hours and could not be questioned about the garment bag or OJ's behavior during his relationship with Nicole or after the murders. 

The video on the previous page with 13-year-old Kim predicting her future fame? That's how old she was during the trial when she was "nosing" into the forensics, "her favorite part of the case" - the hairs,  the fibers, the blood - all the stuff that stymied adult minds. I guess the big surprise is that it's taken her this long to answer her true calling. In 2018 the Cali bar posted the lowest pass rate in 70 years but three apprentices took the test and two passed ... 

19 minutes ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Also so if she passes the Bar, how long is she going to just be an apprentice? 

If she passes the Bar she's done, she's in. The Baby Bar is different, that's an early test that allows you to continue. I think there's a maximum of 3 years between passing the Baby Bar and taking the Bar Exam. 

• Love 8

Somehow this just seems inextricably linked with the parents payoff to get their kids into elite colleges scandal.  My mind immediately jumped to how will Kim manipulate the system to 'pass' the bar? 😁  Maybe I'm a cynic.  

• Love 15
3 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

I'm more shocked that in the state of California you don't need to go to law school in order to become a lawyer you just need to pass the bar exam. 

https://priceonomics.com/how-to-be-a-lawyer-without-going-to-law-school/

Also so if she passes the Bar, how long is she going to just be an apprentice? 

The California Bar is said to be the most difficult in the country though. She won’t pass.

2 hours ago, suomi said:

She's apprenticing in SF because that's where cut50 is based, the group that submitted the successful clemency petition last year. "The White House called me ... "

LOL, she's giving phone interviews to magazines and deviating from the script. To Vogue she said that OJ's scheme team (specifically Shapiro and Cochran) headquartered at her dad's home office on the weekends - which never happened. Never. Happened. To another mag she said she snooped through her dad's "OJ crime books" on the weekends. 

Thanks to this we now have another round of outlets referring to RK as a member of OJ's defense team. It never ends. He was a stooge with a 15-year-dormant law license who was tapped as a pressure relief valve. They knew OJ would lose it if he didn't get enough attention and they couldn't tolerate his demands and constant yammering. By reinstating his license RK could babysit at the defense table, visit jail outside normal hours and could not be questioned about the garment bag or OJ's behavior during his relationship with Nicole or after the murders. 

The video on the previous page with 13-year-old Kim predicting her future fame? That's how old she was during the trial when she was "nosing" into the forensics, "her favorite part of the case" - the hairs,  the fibers, the blood - all the stuff that stymied adult minds. I guess the big surprise is that it's taken her this long to answer her true calling. In 2018 the Cali bar posted the lowest pass rate in 70 years but three apprentices took the test and two passed ... 

If she passes the Bar she's done, she's in. The Baby Bar is different, that's an early test that allows you to continue. I think there's a maximum of 3 years between passing the Baby Bar and taking the Bar Exam. 

So once again she is doing a lot of straight up LYING. The Bar does care about character and ethics, Kimmy.

• Love 9
On 4/10/2019 at 1:51 PM, nexxie said:

You don’t have to be  exceptionally intelligent to get through law school (I’ve known a bunch of attorneys with average intelligence) - I don’t doubt she has the brain power, but do wonder if she’ll have the patience to do all the reading required. She’ll have to balance private study time with public whoring to feed her narcissistic cravings until she can get in front of cameras as an attorney.

Agree that you don't need to be exceptionally intelligent to matriculate through law school or even to pass the California bar.  But there is a reason apprenticeship candidates who sit for the California bar have a 2.8% pass rate.  It's because at the very least accredited law schools weed out as many people as they can who probably can't pass the california bar exam.  And honestly, the bar exam has very little to do with the actual practice of law.  It just doesn't.  

The reasoning skills should be the same, but writing a brief or a decision and writing a bar exam essay are completely different.  You have to have memorized legal concepts and theories and be able to apply them.  You're probably not going to have to have memorized areas of law and apply them in day to day practice.

Additionally the California bar, between essays and MBEs can test broad concepts and minutia in like 12 subjects I believe.  You're not going to learn ALL subjects by apprenticing for a practice that likely specializes in a few areas of law.

If she really wants to practice law, this is a terrible way to do it.  At least have enough respect for the profession to attend law school and put in the work.

Edited by RealReality10
  • Love 12

Who sees her spending 18 hours/week for 4 years at the law office? Spending hours reading and learning on her own? Studying for the bar?

That really takes away a lot of time to take selfies, get plastic surgery, recover, go on vacations, take naked pictures and even more selfies....

• Love 14
1 hour ago, RealReality10 said:

Agree that you don't need to be exceptionally intelligent to matriculate through law school or even to pass the California bar.  But there is a reason apprenticeship candidates who sit for the California bar have a 2.8% pass rate.  It's because at the very least accredited law schools weed out as many people as they can who probably can't pass the california bar exam.  And honestly, the bar exam has very little to do with the actual practice of law.  It just doesn't.  

The reasoning skills should be the same, but writing a brief or a decision and writing a bar exam essay are completely different.  You have to have memorized legal concepts and theories and be able to apply them.  You're probably not going to have to have memorized areas of law and apply them in day to day practice.

Additionally the California bar, between essays and MBEs can test broad concepts and minutia in like 12 subjects I believe.  You're not going to learn ALL subjects by apprenticing for a practice that likely specializes in a few areas of law.

If she really wants to practice law, this is a terrible way to do it.  At least have enough respect for the profession to attend law school and put in the work.

She has enough money to pay law school professors to tutor her privately.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RealReality10 said:

She won’t because she barely has a high school education.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Aw my lahgs said:

She has enough money to pay law school professors to tutor her privately.

I suppose, but she would have to read the cases and the case law books.  She would have to write the exams, because that's how you learn how to write and reason and do legal analysis.  If she ever wants to actually work in a court she has to learn the legal writing, how to synthesize rules, how to write facts, how to acknowledge law the counters her position but reason around it.  

It's work, and to me, it's best and easiest done in the classroom setting, and no professor would be behaving ethically if they were to "pass" her without her putting in the work.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

She won’t because she barely has a high school education.

I'm not an education snob by any means, but.... yikes.  There are some cases of jailhouse lawyers who are very competent and maybe have a HS degree or less, but those guys are like hidden geniuses who never had a chance in life.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

But would a respected law professor even consider  tutoring her?

She isn't going to get chemirinsky, but I'm sure there are law professors who want to be on TV.

But there is a reason law school takes years.....you have to read A LOT, and then you should have a professor to help you put it all together so that you have a comprehensive understanding of a subject.  And you have to do the same for a variety of subjects.  

I can't see a way where you can be successful without putting in a lot of work.  Criminal law is generally not the hardest subject because there are clear elements and rules.  And we've a at least had some exposure to criminal law on TV. But just wait until she gets to real property and future interests, or evidence, or California specific evidence, or civil procedure or California specific civil procedure......good luck with that!

• Love 8

Just a wild guess, the lawyers at the clemency project are a source of narcissistic fuel - and it may go both ways. Her name opens doors that would otherwise remain closed to them.

Of her mandatory minimum 18 hours per week, 5 are required to be supervised and logged as such. Who knows how diligent she is during the 13 unsupervised hours?

The Baby Bar/First Year Law Student Exam happens twice in 2019 - June and October.

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Admissions/Examinations/First-Year-Law-Students-Examination

• Love 4
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Just a wild guess, the lawyers at the clemency project are a source of narcissistic fuel - and it may go both ways. Her name opens doors that would otherwise remain closed to them.

Of her mandatory minimum 18 hours per week, 5 are required to be supervised and logged as such. 

I totally agree with the first paragraph.  

As for the second, so she has to "work" 18 hours a week minimum or she has to study a minimum of 18 hours a week?  

Five hours per week studying and being tested provides and measures progress and is non-negotiable in terms of time devoted to that component. 

Each set of apprentices and mentors decides how they want to spend the remaining 13 hours each week; the mentor could allow all 18 hours as study.

Some apprentices are hired as clerks, paralegals, assistants so 13 of their however many weekly hours at the office are spent doing tasks associated with those positions. 

Kim is apprenticing with a non-profit so you'd think if she is performing tasks they would want her to serve her 13 hours unpaid. 

It's not that different from a cosmetology apprenticeship. It varies but let's say your state requires 2500 hours before you can take State Boards: 250 hours Theory (studying/testing) and 2250 Clinical (performing salon services). You work the details out with the salon: they teach and test you every week for 5 hours and you either get an apprentice wage for the rest of that week's hours or you "volunteer" your time on the floor, whatever it takes to fulfill the required hours. The salon makes money off you either way. 

A couple of Like Lincoln links that pertain to California:

http://likelincoln.org/faqs/
FAQs

http://likelincoln.org/bios/
Meet The Apprentices And Mentors

I will crap if Kim is successful with this! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, suomi said:

Definitely. It’s sad, but true, that a narcissist is a restless predator continuously searching for supply. If Kim can focus enough to complete this, it might serve her needs for a long time - and won’t require the makeup that exacerbates her psoriasis. IF she can complete it.

• Love 3

This is a vanity project for her. You can do all of the 'book' work to become a lawyer, but a great lawyer is someone who can articulate with eloquence and conviction. She's going to need more than just tutoring and apprenticing on case law to sort that out but I don't think she has any intention of making this an actual career. She wants a piece of paper that says she's a lawyer so people can tell her how smart she is and she can brag about following in her father's footsteps and she can take even more credit for the occasional person in jail she uses her name and platform to help free from jail. I already see people defending her intelligence and potential to be a lawyer by citing the Alice Marie Johnson case as an example of the work she's already done without even having a lawyer background - Kim didn't do shit with respect to the 'lawyering' that was required to argue for Johnson's freedom. There were other people that did all of the work and Kim used her celebrity to get them in the door to essentially argue THEIR case.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

This is a vanity project for her. You can do all of the 'book' work to become a lawyer, but a great lawyer is someone who can articulate with eloquence and conviction. She's going to need more than just tutoring and apprenticing on case law to sort that out but I don't think she has any intention of making this an actual career. She wants a piece of paper that says she's a lawyer so people can tell her how smart she is and she can brag about following in her father's footsteps and she can take even more credit for the occasional person in jail she uses her name and platform to help free from jail. I already see people defending her intelligence and potential to be a lawyer by citing the Alice Marie Johnson case as an example of the work she's already done without even having a lawyer background - Kim didn't do shit with respect to the 'lawyering' that was required to argue for Johnson's freedom. There were other people that did all of the work and Kim used her celebrity to get them in the door to essentially argue THEIR case.

And if Trump wasn’t President, Kim’s celebrity would have had no impact. I actually think Ms. Johnson had a good chance at getting out without Kim’s participation. All the work was done already, she was just lipstick on the presentation to the President. 

Didn’t a politician in California say they had no interest in  Kim’s opinion on prison reform? 

• Love 13
On 4/12/2019 at 12:18 AM, RealReality10 said:

I'm not an education snob by any means, but.... yikes.  There are some cases of jailhouse lawyers who are very competent and maybe have a HS degree or less, but those guys are like hidden geniuses who never had a chance in life.

Those are folks who never had a chance to complete high school for various reasons.   Where going to college was NOT the expected thing.   Didn't have the resources to overcome all the disadvantages.   Kim does not fall in that category.    She went to an elite private school.   She had every advantage that would have allowed someone to notice her intelligence and nurture it if it existed.    She had plenty of chances.   There is no hidden genius there waiting to be discovered.

The best lawyers are intellectually curious.   We want to know HOW things work, WHY they work.   We want to KNOW.    It's not just standing in court arguing all day.   In fact, considering only 2% of cases go to trial, there is very little arguing.    Most lawyering is done out of the courtroom, with very little attention and fanfare.   But man -- when you hit the case on point that hands you YOUR case on a silver platter, you go dancing around the room.   It's not all "Perry Mason" moments.   I've had one Perry Mason moment in court in 10 years.    It was a thing of beauty to be treasured to be sure because of its rarity.   

Also in the law, it's not about you.    It's about  your client and the client's case.   Kim will never understand that.    It's not about validating you or your lawyering (but it's nice when the Judge says you're right).   It's about how the client feels at the end.   

• Love 14

I can see her now, phone in hand, taking selfies and checking her twitter feed, while flipping her hair back and making duck lips, while the judge cools his heels waiting for her. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

The best lawyers are intellectually curious.   We want to know HOW things work, WHY they work.   We want to KNOW.   

I think the folks at #cut50 have confused "intellectually curious" with "extremely nosy". I hope someone explains to Kim that she won't be able to steal someone's password & look through their phone for evidence.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Kim Kardashian Studying Hard for Bar Exam, Responds to Haters

Notice how in this not-posed-at-all photo of Kim "studying", she is wearing full makeup & her hair is done. With the torts book right where we can see it. I can see the toll it's taking on her because "she studies all weekend and at nights after working all day and putting her kids to bed" I guess Kanye is a non factor in her life now.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 6

If Kim had ever come from humble beginnings maybe she would understand how tone deaf she sounds. Responding to comments about her privilege with 'I want people to understand that they can achieve anything' is really easy to say when you have so many resources that you can actually stumble into success meanwhile a person who is struggling to make just average wage can have the most brilliant mind and the most brilliant ideas and will still need a lot of luck and excessive hard work at just a crack at success. It just rings really hollow when someone who has never had to know the struggle of pursuing their dreams while still figuring out how to live and survive is telling other people to pursue your dreams and create your own lane. Bitch, everyone would create their own fucking lane all the damn day if they had your money. Sometimes pursuing your dreams or challenging yourself can be the difference between whether you eat that day, whether you can pay your rent that month, whether you lose your home because you mortgaged all of it on an idea. So fuck off with your lectures.

Also, if you're talking about the toll and time this is taking, why in the middle of that are you having a baby? You could have had the baby later? But I guess that's a silly question, she's going to have a ton of help both with the baby and with this dream to be a lawyer.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

If Kim had ever come from humble beginnings maybe she would understand how tone deaf she sounds. Responding to comments about her privilege with 'I want people to understand that they can achieve anything' is really easy to say when you have so many resources that you can actually stumble into success meanwhile a person who is struggling to make just average wage can have the most brilliant mind and the most brilliant ideas and will still need a lot of luck and excessive hard work at just a crack at success. It just rings really hollow when someone who has never had to know the struggle of pursuing their dreams while still figuring out how to live and survive is telling other people to pursue your dreams and create your own lane. Bitch, everyone would create their own fucking lane all the damn day if they had your money. Sometimes pursuing your dreams or challenging yourself can be the difference between whether you eat that day, whether you can pay your rent that month, whether you lose your home because you mortgaged all of it on an idea. So fuck off with your lectures.

Also, if you're talking about the toll and time this is taking, why in the middle of that are you having a baby? You could have had the baby later? But I guess that's a silly question, she's going to have a ton of help both with the baby and with this dream to be a lawyer.

She has absolutely no idea how many people would love to attend law school, but can’t afford to take out student loans for 7+ years or schooling (in most cases).

• Love 5

When Kanye told everyone she was attending law school, she denied it. Suddenly she announces that she’s been doing this apprenticeship for months already. I’d love to know how she’s worked 18 hrs a week at this, and flitted all over the country, filmed her show, took care of her kids, attended all kinds of functions etc . I bet if someone did a timeline of where she was everyday over the last 8 months, she wouldn’t be in San Francisco 18 hrs every week. 

Has she even posted a pic or an Instagram from SF? No way she went 18 hrs in a week without taking a pic of herself.

My guess is it’s an excuse to avoid having to move to Chicago for the next few years. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, suomi said:

My guess is that the 4th child will be her excuse for dropping the apprentice program. 

Not till Kanye gets off the let’s move to Chicago mindset and moves on to his next genius plan. 

• Love 2
On 4/15/2019 at 8:55 PM, GaT said:

Kim Kardashian Studying Hard for Bar Exam, Responds to Haters

Notice how in this not-posed-at-all photo of Kim "studying", she is wearing full makeup & her hair is done. With the torts book right where we can see it. I can see the toll it's taking on her because "she studies all weekend and at nights after working all day and putting her kids to bed" I guess Kanye is a non factor in her life now.

That torts book is a supplement.  She is ridiculous, if she can't be bothered to read a case text, the law is not the right profession.  

Supplements are nice, but they are supplements, they should "supplement" the textbook reading.  If she has such a passion for the law and wanted to impress everyone she would have her case text on the table instead of, or with the supplement.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, suomi said:

My guess is that the 4th child will be her excuse for dropping the apprentice program. 

I'd appreciate that, let her make some other profession a laughing stock....maybe she can dream of being an accountant or something?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I totally agree, and would just add that the California bar pass rate for people doing an apprenticeship is under 3%

I hate the idea that she would sell some of her less sophisticated fans this idea that you can just skip law school and breeze through to pass the bar exam.  It may encourage people to waste years of their life, money and lost opportunities for something that has such a high failure rate.

Kim Kardashian can walk away from this if it turns out to be disastrous, but someone inspired by her 'make your lane' speech may not be able to walk away as easily.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'd appreciate that, let her make some other profession a laughing stock....maybe she can dream of being an accountant or something?

CPA here, I am not amused! 🙂

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

How about her being a nurse?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Magog said:

How about her being a nurse?

I don’t think we can make her anything without offending someone.  I’m sure every profession would say “I don’t want her, you can have her!” 😁

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don’t think we can make her anything without offending someone.  I’m sure every profession would say “I don’t want her, you can have her!” 😁

Because for the people who work hard to be a professional in an industry, it's insulting to have someone toss around their money for an 'education' that is merely meant to be a vanity project. Much like how her sister Kendell uses her platform to be selective with her gigs and not have to make the same kind of sacrifices that most other models have to make, Kim is thinking that she'll use her law degree occasionally when she can fit it into her schedule.

Maybe she'll prove people wrong but history isn't on her side and she has earned every single doubt raised by people. She has proven to love money and fame above all else and looks to attain it at all costs. How can you have a genuine career as a lawyer (or anything else for that matter) if you aren't committed to the experience and process?

• Love 8

I don’t really have any objection to Kim attempting an apprenticeship, it’s her time and her money, but I imagine there’s a reason why 99% of lawyers study for a professional degree (JD or LLB), and why the apprenticeship avenue is increasingly no longer made available in common law jurisdictions. 

• Love 4