Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 20 Spoilers

leighdear
  • Start Topic

So going by the previews, I think he tells JoJo he loves her, but tells Lauren that he's in love with her.  Thus choosing Lauren to propose to and letting JoJo go.

That episode changed my mind on JoJo.  I don't like how enthusiastically she went along with that "Chad the Ex" setup.  And she just happened to have her phone right there to call him up, and he just happened to pick right up.  That kind of orchestrated tableau just irritates the crap out of me.  We get her obnoxious brothers "protecting" her like lions guarding a freshly-killed antelope, her reconstructed mother assuring her that she's beautiful, so she'll be fine and her poor dad trying to follow the script without wandering off.  Total farce from all parties.  

I'm out if they change gears and make her Bachelorette.  Her continuing lack of personality, depth and even a shred of acting skill has destroyed my ability to accept her beyond the finale of this show.  

The program needs to just accept that whoever is #2 is NOT going to work.  Nick didn't work, Becca didn't work and I refuse to believe JoJo will work. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5
(edited)

I give Ben and Lauren 1-2 months of her "standing by her man" and "trusting what they have" before they break up because their "lives are going in different directions." It's not like he slipped and told JoJo he loves her once. He told her multiple times this episode and was shown telling her again next week. I don't see how Lauren could get over that - or why she should, for that matter. 

Edited by dom16
  • Love 3
(edited)

I knew he'd show his asshole side.  And despite what we saw, I think Reality Steve said that JoJo's date was filmed before Lauren's, so JoJo got the ILY's first.  Then Lauren got hers.  And there were a lot for both.  

Most people have "slipped" with "I Love You" a time or two.  Accidentally saying to the cable guy before hanging up the phone "Love you!", then remembering that you were NOT talking to your husband.  *LOL*  But Ben was just flooding the whole place with those.  

He's a dick for doing that to JoJo.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

I think Lauren will stick by him for awhile, especially if he does Dancing with the Stars as she's based in LA anyway.  I can't see turning her appearance into any kind of Hollywood career.  Well there is the world of Instagram product selling but hopefully she doesn't quit her job.  But how awful last night must have been for her.   I actually felt a tad bit bad for her when he was babbling on to JoJo but then I remembered that Lauren was dumb enough to go looking for "love" on TV and then I didn't feel that way anymore!

As for JoJo, she's on Nick's radar and probably ever other single guy in the franchise, so good luck to her as she'll have her pick of guys to be with.

• Love 1

I can definitely see Lauren & Ben as Chris & Whitney 2.0.  He gets seduced by the pseudo-celebrity of the limelight and the shows and she sits in the audience, smiling on the outside and seething with resentment on the inside.  They're together a while, then he gets distracted by the next shiny thing and it's done.  

I actually saw some personality from JoJo last night, and I do think that she can not only do better than Ben, she can do better than whatever group of random Bro's shows up for filming in a few weeks.  

• Love 4

I thought maybe Ben slipped up and told Lauren he loved her... and then kind of had to tell Jojo too to keep up the suspense.  But if it's true that Jojo's date was first (is that known for sure?)  then that kind of negates that theory... 

I thought maybe Ben slipped up and told Lauren he loved her... and then kind of had to tell Jojo too to keep up the suspense.  But if it's true that Jojo's date was first (is that known for sure?)  then that kind of negates that theory... 

I believe its true that the filming schedule went Caila, JoJo, then Lauren.     So Ben blabbed his feelings to JoJo first and then told Lauren the same exact thing.  

How Lauren feels about all that 3 months later, who knows.    If Chris could put aside the fact that Des cried for hours over Brooks dumping her and still marry her, I guess there is hope for Ben & Lauren but like Leighdear, I think Ben & Lauren on the Farmer Chris/Whitney schedule.

• Love 2

No shocking or surprising leaks from "The Women Tell All", according to Reality Steve.  He said the filming this weekend went fine and nothing untoward happened.  That episode happens to be my least favorite, as I really don't much care what happens once people are off the show.  Maybe because I am spoiled by Steve's site every season, and when they gather together, I'm just bored by the apologies, justifications, explanations and hysterical pile-ons.  

But while reading, I realized that I assumed something wrongly.  Steve never said that JoJo's overnight date was filmed before Lauren's date, even though we saw the reverse on screen.  I don't remember where I saw or heard that, but it wasn't on his site.  I don't know if I helped spread false information about that, but I'm truly sorry if I did. 

• Love 1

JoJo's date was definitely first. There were people at the resort reporting bits of info and two days after Caila's date (which there were pics of) they reported there was a helicopter date that day. JoJo is the only one who got a helicopter. There's always a day in between FD's, so no time for Lauren before JoJo. It also makes sense that they'd save Ben's favourite for last, so he's as open as possible to the other two options. Clearly it worked. Ben looked kind of sad at times with Lauren, like he knew he'd messed up.

• Love 1
There's always a day in between FD's, so no time for Lauren before JoJo. [\quote]

How do you know that? The way the show airs they always have the lead saying "Last night with so and so was amazing but now I'm excited for my date with the other one."

• Love 1

They refer to "this week" as in all of the things that appear in that particular episode, but that doesn't mean comprising 7 calendar days.  I know Reality Steve has said the lead gets a full day between overnight dates, but I haven't seen it referred to by the actual show.  

BIP filmed for 21 days last season, yet showed us 6 "weekly" episodes.   This regular season filmed from Sept. 24th to Nov. 24th.  8 weeks, but we see 11 "weekly" episodes.  

Time on this show isn't measured by any recognizable or consistent method, so the audience has to just go with it.  

• Love 1
There's always a day in between FD's, so no time for Lauren before JoJo. [\quote]

How do you know that? The way the show airs they always have the lead saying "Last night with so and so was amazing but now I'm excited for my date with the other one."

I wouldn't pay any attention to what they say about the timeline on the show. A week isn't a week and a day isn't a day. They also change the order of the hometown dates and fantasy dates all the time and have the lead do voice-overs afterwards that go together with the shuffling. It's been sleuthed plenty of times. They couldn't have an overnight date where the lead stays up most of the night talking/having sex and then have him/her go on another overnight date straight after with nothing but a shower in between. He'd be dead by the third date. Caila's FD was on the 7th of Nov and the FRC was on the 18th. 10 days in between. 1 for rose ceremony, 2 for parent meetings, 2 for final dates and 1 off-day. That still leaves 4 days, two of them FD's, two off-days. 

• Love 1

From what you guys say here I am not sure what happened in the Fantasy Suites, but it would be difficult for me to get engaged to someone that i knew had just ha very intimate time with two other women. We live in a world of reality tv where people can be convinced that a man can have such deep REAL feelings that he would say I love you to both within hours of each other, but then want to commit totally and without reservation to one a few hours later. 

Whomever the "winner" is, I would side eye him from now on! 

What should I expect if I try to watch women tell all?  Is there a lot of crying usually? I am sure Olivia will be roasted, but that means having to hear from the annoyingly self righteous twins that still live at home. 

• Love 1

What should I expect if I try to watch women tell all?  Is there a lot of crying usually? I am sure Olivia will be roasted, but that means having to hear from the annoyingly self righteous twins that still live at home. 

YouTube has plenty of clips of previous episodes of The Women Tell All.  They're all pretty much the same. 

While I know this is not a spoiler per se and in fact it may even have been deliberately written as such, I got sucked into buying the copy of US Magazine with the Ben cover and I noticed that when he talked about JoJo it was always in past tense whereas when he talked about Lauren it was always in present tense. 

Take away from that what you will or not ...

I still can't figure out what on earth could happen next week that is so earth-shattering if it still ends up with Ben and Lauren getting happily engaged.

• Love 2

While I know this is not a spoiler per se and in fact it may even have been deliberately written as such, I got sucked into buying the copy of US Magazine with the Ben cover and I noticed that when he talked about JoJo it was always in past tense whereas when he talked about Lauren it was always in present tense. 

Take away from that what you will or not ...

I still can't figure out what on earth could happen next week that is so earth-shattering if it still ends up with Ben and Lauren getting happily engaged.

They always say that to add suspense and get viewers to tune back in.

To add to your tidbit I saw a online article in which they supposedly interviewed Ben and I think I caught something. Remember on the upcoming previews we hear JoJo (at least it very much sounds like her to me) and Ben in the bathroom and we hear him tell her that he loves the other woman too. Then we hear her crying. Well in this interview Ben says that his F1 has been "thru hell and back" since the show ended. He says she had a hard time dealing with his telling the other woman he loved her also but that they communicated about it, were working through it and were doing good.

But here's the thing. He said he told her about telling the other woman he loved her also only after the show had ended. Which means that if he only told her after the show had ended and it was JoJo we heard talking to him in the bathroom, (I'm pretty sure it was her) then Lauren would have to be the F1.

Speculation I know but the article came out before the WTA episode in which we saw the preview of the bathroom conversation. A slip up on the part of the show maybe? The article was in the Inquistor I think but they were quoting from a interview Ben did for a upcoming Glamour issue.

Kind of makes you go..hmmm

• Love 1

So basically Ben proposed and Lauren accepted before she knew that Ben sent ILY missles flying in JoJo's direction?  

JoJo knew Ben loved both of them, because we heard the bathroom conversation.  But Lauren thought Ben just loved her?  And Ben didn't confess to Lauren in the fantasy suite, he waited until after she said yes and had that ring on her finger?  

If I'm getting this straight, then he's a bigger dickwad than I thought he was.   

• Love 5

So basically Ben proposed and Lauren accepted before she knew that Ben sent ILY missles flying in JoJo's direction?  

JoJo knew Ben loved both of them, because we heard the bathroom conversation.  But Lauren thought Ben just loved her?  And Ben didn't confess to Lauren in the fantasy suite, he waited until after she said yes and had that ring on her finger?  

If I'm getting this straight, then he's a bigger dickwad than I thought he was.   

Apparently so. Here's the link to the article.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2850535/ben-higgins-teases-bachelor-spoilers-final-rose-recipient-put-through-hell-and-back-but-pair-is-stronger-t

• Love 1