Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 20 Spoilers

leighdear
  • Start Topic

Which, speaking of Lace, I don't think she'll last long. Not sure if RS has posted any specifics about her yet, but based on the season teaser at the end and just how naturally psycho she is, I can't imagine Ben dealing with her for any longer than the producers make him. It looks like she hits someone in the eye then goes home!

Steve did a podcast yesterday with Juliet Littman on Bill Simmons new portal and he basically said that Lace has nothing to do with Leah's black eye. And he thinks that we won't even see how she got it as the editors love making outrageous claims in the preview and we then never see what really happened as its actually pretty boring. See bachelor in paradise season one with someone in handcuffs in preview and it was never shown.

Lace will go out in a huff pre rose ceremony I think in episode 3 so we do have that to look forward to.

• Love 2

Small mean note: several of those girls are unfortunate looking to me. I don't know how else to describe it. They aren't ugly. They're sort of attractive at a glance, but spend a moment looking & they're just unfortunate.

Mandi looked attractive enough in her audition video but she looked brutal throughout the episode. And that's all Ben saw, making it insanely obvious that he was instructed to keep her. He certainly didn't look charmed by her schtick.

• Love 5

Mandi looked attractive enough in her audition video but she looked brutal throughout the episode. And that's all Ben saw, making it insanely obvious that he was instructed to keep her. He certainly didn't look charmed by her schtick.

I agree. She looked tired, hungover just getting over the flu, or something. And, enough with the dentist schtick. Just because someone is a dentist doesn't mean they're going to talk about teeth all the time. She's on the show only to try to launch some kind of reality show career. Her audition tape supports that.

• Love 3

Steve did a podcast yesterday with Juliet Littman on Bill Simmons new portal and he basically said that Lace has nothing to do with Leah's black eye. And he thinks that we won't even see how she got it as the editors love making outrageous claims in the preview and we then never see what really happened as its actually pretty boring. See bachelor in paradise season one with someone in handcuffs in preview and it was never shown.

Lace will go out in a huff pre rose ceremony I think in episode 3 so we do have that to look forward to.

We also can't forget the last season of BIP when there was the clip of someone (probably Ashley I?) who was crying because she thought she was pregnant. I pretty much continued to watch for that reason only!

Ep 3 is a pretty safe bet I think.

I also noticed/thought the same thing for some of the girls. Although I thought they all were pretty when getting out of the limit, once they were all sitting around there were a few that I thought weren't nearly as attractive as the others (& honestly, Lauren B was one of them... when she was sitting on the couch talking to Ben I noticed it, but that's just my opinion too). Whereas some, like Lace and {another one that got barely any screen time} I thought were just naturally stunning.

I noticed this as well and even posted about it under the episode 1 heading. To me none of the women stand out as being stunners or have a "wow" factor. With the exception of Caila who is cute/pretty the ones I thought had a natural beauty and were the prettiest were Jessica and Laura and he sent both home. Honestly I think Lauren B is one of the least attractive. She has thin hair and a high forehead and when she was on the couch with the rest of the girls it showed her in profile and she has a very prominent pointed nose. Sort of a disappointment considering I think Ben is very attractive.

Why is that? It seems like Chris S. had a bevy of beauties. Britt, both Ashley's, Kaitlyn, Amber, (who I think is prettier than Becca) Samantha...etc. And even Kaitlyn had a slew of awesome attractive guys. Cupcake, Jared, both Ben's, Tanner. Why does Ben who is very attractive and seems to be a nice guy end up with a so-so group? Oh well maybe Lauren will have a awesome personality and  grow on me.

And I think differently....I thought he had a lot of really beautiful women.

I always like seeing them after the premiere. A lot of them look more like their real selves. And some look more natural. It will be interesting to see

• Love 1

And I think differently....I thought he had a lot of really beautiful women.

I always like seeing them after the premiere. A lot of them look more like their real selves. And some look more natural. It will be interesting to see

That's what I'm hoping. That after the premiere they will settle down into their persona's and will we be able to tell a lot more about them. And  I'm sure I'll like some of them more as they grow on me.

(edited)

Why does Ben who is very attractive and seems to be a nice guy end up with a so-so group? Oh well maybe Lauren will have a awesome personality and  grow on me.

I honestly don't think it matters who he's with.  Ben seems a lot like Chris Soules to me.  And I liked Chris a lot.  I felt Chris was serious about finding a real relationship, but got caught up in the whirlwind of notoriety and fame.  And never realized how much he'd like it.  And want to keep riding it out. 

I can see Ben as doing the nice guy Bachelor proposal to Lauren, and they're giddy "In Love".  Then he gets chosen for "Dancing with the Stars".  She gets to sit in the audience like Whitney did.  But she doesn't live in L.A., nor does Ben, so it's a hotel with very little time together, just like with C & W.  And then the engagement goes the same way.  

Ben's obviously a decent guy, but he's never once expressed any reluctance to be in the limelight.  I think it's seducing him the same way it did Chris.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3

I honestly don't think it matters who he's with.  Ben seems a lot like Chris Soules to me.  And I liked Chris a lot.  I felt Chris was serious about finding a real relationship, but got caught up in the whirlwind of notoriety and fame.  And never realized how much he'd like it.  And want to keep riding it out. 

I can see Ben as doing the nice guy Bachelor proposal to Lauren, and they're giddy "In Love".  Then he gets chosen for "Dancing with the Stars".  She gets to sit in the audience like Whitney did.  But she doesn't live in L.A., nor does Ben, so it's a hotel with very little time together, just like with C & W.  And then the engagement goes the same way.  

Ben's obviously a decent guy, but he's never once expressed any reluctance to be in the limelight.  I think it's seducing him the same way it did Chris.  

You could very well be right. That would be unfortunate. Has there ever been anyone on this show who's ever not been affected by the limelight and was serious about finding something lasting. I know Des/Chris and Trista/Ryan come to mind but what about others. I can live with them breaking up if they at least give it a legitimate try and not ultimately show they were just on for all the fame and notoriety. 

Edited by yorklee2

I think Brad Womack was serious about finding someone both times. He didn't seem to play the fame whore game or the Fleiss game. JMHO, ducking under desk.

Damn it, you beat me to it. I saw him as genuine and even something of a tragic figure.

• Love 7
(edited)

I liked Brad.  I can still remember in his 2nd season, when he was talking about Emily & making his choice, he said "It all comes down to...I love that girl" in a way that totally made me think it was really, really for real.  I felt for him when it fell apart.   

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 4
(edited)

Jubilee would definitely make the biggest statement, if the execs are serious about truly bringing in a more diverse cast....Hell, they could even bring back Ian from Kaitlyn's season to shake things up!

The problem for me is that Caila, Jojo and Jubilee are so young....None will be older than 25 when the show happens. We've only superficially seen their maturity levels, though Jubilee's training and military service do get big points. I don't know how much of the real world JoJo and Caila have dealt with, though they are well educated and seem ambitious.

And according to Reality Steve, Jubilee is eliminated during the group date of episode 5. And with 9 girls still left at that point, I don't know if that's enough time watching her for viewers to get on board with her as the next lead.

Very hard to know at this point. But it definitely makes them more interesting to watch!

Edited by leighdear

If ABC is serious about having Jubliee, they can make her early exit work with some extra press and then have her be the main part of the "Women tell All". Get their buddies at People and Us magazines behind her too.

The more I think about it, the more I want her to be the lead. Well I might change my mind by episode 5 but right now she's the one I want.

• Love 4

Not to get into a lot of racial statistics, but according to that article, they said this:

They already cast for drama and crazy, and casting to make the pool of contestants look a little more like the actual country isn’t asking much at all.

Now for Sean's season as an example, he had 2 African-American women (Lesley & Robin) a Muslim Iraqi woman (Selma) an Asian woman (Catherine) and a girl with a handicap (Sarah Heron).  Out of 26 women total, that seems pretty damned diverse to me! 

I haven't evaluated the other seasons, but his stood out to me immediately upon reading that article. 

• Love 2

Not to get into a lot of racial statistics, but according to that article, they said this:

Now for Sean's season as an example, he had 2 African-American women (Lesley & Robin) a Muslim Iraqi woman (Selma) an Asian woman (Catherine) and a girl with a handicap (Sarah Heron).  Out of 26 women total, that seems pretty damned diverse to me! 

I haven't evaluated the other seasons, but his stood out to me immediately upon reading that article. 

Does that really seem ethnically diverse? That of 26 women, two are African American and one is Asian?   

As for Selma, if we're looking for "religious diversity" I guess that would be "one Muslim woman" and "25 Christians".  There doesn't seem much religious diversity on this show either. (And I know Andi was Jewish, but since it apparently was completely unimportant to her in finding a husband, it really doesn't count.)

If they start by making BIP more diverse it would be something. As it is, you just feel bad for the one (maybe two) African Americans who are allowed to come on amid the very, very white cast. BIP would be a great place to begin, if TB really does want to "look like America". Bring a lot of good looking young people of different races and religions together in some tacky "resort" and let them pair up as they like.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 3

Interesting that Ben does not seem to be hiding his interest in the women by the order he gives out the roses. You can make a good correlation between those that get called for roses first and those that make it far, according to the spoilers. (Olivia is the exception.)

According to Reality Steve episode-by-episode spoilers, Olivia is eliminated in Episode 6 after a 2-on-1 date with twin Emily. After her smugness about being the frontrunner, seeing her lose to Emily is going to be delicious!

BTW, I can't remember a 2-on-1 winner ever becoming F1. Seems like it's a kiss of death whether you make it through or not. 

• Love 2
BTW, I can't remember a 2-on-1 winner ever becoming F1. Seems like it's a kiss of death whether you make it through or not.

Wasn't Tessa on the 2-on-1 from Andy Baldwin's season?  She went on to become F1, but it's been a while, so maybe I am not remembering correctly.

Reality Steve's column today says that while Jade & Tanner's wedding will be televised on Valentines Day, Sunday Feb. 14th, it's actually taking place before that, taped and won't be aired live.  Steve says details are sketchy. 

Any bets the "wild mustang" is knocked up?  

• Love 3
(edited)

Probably the last thing the ABC brass wants is on BIP3, to have the baby crowning right there in the beach bar, in front of George the bartender.  *LOL*  But he could make a hell of a celebration drink! 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 6

Wasn't Tessa on the 2-on-1 from Andy Baldwin's season?  She went on to become F1, but it's been a while, so maybe I am not remembering correctly.

I only became a regular watcher during Jillian's Bachelorette season, so I don't know much about the prior seasons. It's just always seemed like the 2-on-1 date is purely for drama and kind of a slap in the face to the people that are chosen to go on it - not something a true front-runner would be subjected to.

If any ABC flunkie is monitoring this thread, I want a camera on Tenley the entire time during Jade/Tanner's wedding taping as I want to see if she makes another move at ole Ben, even though he's engaged to Lauren B.   

• Love 2
(edited)

If any ABC flunkie is monitoring this thread, I want a camera on Tenley the entire time during Jade/Tanner's wedding taping as I want to see if she makes another move at ole Ben, even though he's engaged to Lauren B.   

Excellent.  Because Tenley will not know if Ben is single or engaged, since the wedding will be taped and aired well before the end of the season.  Nobody will actually know but Lauren and #2 pick JoJo.  

Edited by leighdear

Any bets the "wild mustang" is knocked up?

Jade posted on her Twitter account that although her and Tanner were getting married fairly quickly that she was not "preggo" as many were speculating. Seems kind of stupid for her to say that when it could be easily found out if she's not telling the truth. So I tend to believe she's not pregnant but time will tell.

• Love 1

Ok, no foal at this time. Good for them, actually. So it's only that ABC is footing the entire bill for the nuptials. Hell, I'd probably do it too if I was young, in lust and wanted a fancy-schmancy, blowout, televised party that somebody else was paying for! It's a win / win for all concerned.

• Love 2

I'll admit that I adored Chris Soules driving out of the desert and leaving behind both Ashley I and Black-Widow Kelsey underneath their Harem Tent.  That was seriously GOOD TV.

That was awesome. But even better IMO was when Alli flew off in a helicopter and left "guard and protect your heart" Casey to die alone on an iceberg. I mean, granted, I guess being left to die in a desert was just as good. But the crew was still there and all with them. The visual of Alli flying away and the aerial shot of poor Casey alone on a freakin' iceberg was priceless!

• Love 7

Does that really seem ethnically diverse? That of 26 women, two are African American and one is Asian?   

As for Selma, if we're looking for "religious diversity" I guess that would be "one Muslim woman" and "25 Christians".  There doesn't seem much religious diversity on this show either. (And I know Andi was Jewish, but since it apparently was completely unimportant to her in finding a husband, it really doesn't count.)

If they start by making BIP more diverse it would be something. As it is, you just feel bad for the one (maybe two) African Americans who are allowed to come on amid the very, very white cast. BIP would be a great place to begin, if TB really does want to "look like America". Bring a lot of good looking young people of different races and religions together in some tacky "resort" and let them pair up as they like.

America actually is reflected in the casting according to the US census bureau.  Our population is 77% white, 17% Hispanic, 13% black and 5% Asian. 

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

• Love 3

Tenley and Ben were/are a thing? I need more details!

Tenley and Ben were/are a thing? I need more details!

I have a head cold so I'm sorta fuzzy on the dates but I think it went like this:

1. Bachelor in paradise films in June;  Tenley dumps Joshua

2. Tenley meets Ben at Kaitlyn's Men tell all filming in July

3. She pursues Ben in Denver (reality Steve had details of at least one weekend together)

4. Ben chooses to be the Bachelor instead of dating Tenley in real life

5. Tenley is sad on social media

6. Since Ben's season has started airing, Tenley has been seen liking tweets that favor a Ben/Tenley pairing which I find sorta sad & pathetic

So the Janner wedding will be the first time they've seen each other since their time together over the summer --well I think both will be there as she's close to Jade and he's close to Tanner.   Hopefully she has moved on finally but who knows.  I think she's waiting for the Ben/Lauren B break up to happen and try again.   

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 3

I have a head cold so I'm sorta fuzzy on the dates but I think it went like this:

1. Bachelor in paradise films in June;  Tenley dumps Joshua

2. Tenley meets Ben at Kaitlyn's Men tell all filming in July

3. She pursues Ben in Denver (reality Steve had details of at least one weekend together)

4. Ben chooses to be the Bachelor instead of dating Tenley in real life

5. Tenley is sad on social media

6. Since Ben's season has started airing, Tenley has been seen liking tweets that favor a Ben/Tenley pairing which I find sorta sad & pathetic

So the Janner wedding will be the first time they've seen each other since their time together over the summer --well I think both will be there as she's close to Jade and he's close to Tanner.   Hopefully she has moved on finally but who knows.  I think she's waiting for the Ben/Lauren B break up to happen and try again.   

That is rather sad and embarrassing, if true. Even if he does split up with Lauren B., I doubt he'll go back to Tenley -- seems like he's fairly popular with the ladies and has his pick of anyone he wants right now. And he's only 26, so he's probably not itching to settle down right away, no matter what he might say to the cameras.

Another observation that Lauren B is "the one".  Ben asked will you accept "'my rose''.  All the other times he gave a rose on a date he just said the usual "will you accept this rose".  With Lauren he made a point of calling it his rose.  

Edited by LakeGal
  • Love 2

Yeah its becoming very, very obvious that Reality Steve's intel that Lauren B was "the one" very early on is spot on.   Will be interesting to see how they do post show and how "real" this all is to both of them. 

As for the next Bachelorette, I really have no idea what's going to happen.   I'm still hoping that they go against the "norm" and choose Jubilee but am resigned to the fact that Caila ticks all the right boxes so if she is picked, not sure if I'll be tuning in.

(edited)

From what we've seen so far, I think Jubilee is completely wrong for becoming a Bachelorette.  Her edit is starting to resemble Britt's, in that she's "misunderstood" and getting embroiled in personality clashes with the other women.  The apparent swings of mood where she's cranky one moment, then ecstatic then vulnerable & scared, then a hot tub sex kitten, then back to a depressed & morose tear-stained victim.  It's all looking very calculated and familiar.  I think it's just like what they did to Britt.  

Caila has had one tiny crying scene, but it came off pretty adorable.  I think she's it for them. 

When (I think) Lauren H. said something about Ben's wife needing to blend in with the other soccer moms, I absolutely agreed.  And that's definitely Lauren B.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

My hopes for JoJo as TBette 12 are still alive. If Ben is so clearly into Lauren B., maybe JoJo won't have to play heartbroken and looking for answers at ATFR. She can say she knew deep down that Lauren was F1, in which case it's not implausible that she's ready to move on and find her own F1.

• Love 2

Another observation that Lauren B is "the one".  Ben asked will you accept "'my rose''.  All the other times he gave a rose on a date he just said the usual "will you accept this rose".  With Lauren he made a point of calling it his rose.  

It is incredibly obvious that Lauren B. is F1. Just his body language and the way he looks at her says everything. His THs were pretty transparent too, and did little to hide how much more he likes Lauren B., compared to the other girls. I thought Olivia would give Lauren a run for her money (at least initially, at any rate, because she's glamorous and I could see her having that same intense appeal as Britt did for Chris at first). But nope, Olivia and Ben don't even have 1/10th of that chemistry, so it's fairly unsurprising that Lauren B. becomes the clear frontrunner early on.

Although, I am somewhat confused by what, exactly, he sees in Lauren B. She's perfectly nice, but kind of bland and doesn't stand out for me. But then again, I kind of feel like we don't have many contestants this season that really sparkle, so to speak. I'm underwhelmed by Ben's choices, and I can kind of see why how Lauren B.'s low-key simplicity might be appealing in the midst of the rest.

• Love 2

They're probably editing Lauren B to seem innocuous because she's the one. Hiding in plain sight and all.

My choice for the next B ette is the one and only Kelsey Poe. I tell myself that she's a lean, high strung thoroughbred who didn't get enough feed and acted crazy and she's really not. But she probably is. But I don't care.

I don't know if this is technically a spoiler, but Reality Steve said in his Thursday video chat that Jade & Tanners wedding will be filmed this weekend in California, and televised on Sunday, Valentines Day as part of a Bachelor 20th Anniversary special.  He says the wedding will be featured, but it's not the only reason for the show. 

He also mentioned that Ashley I tweeted out information about a viewing party she's holding, so that's confirmation for the info he got. 

• Love 2

He also mentioned that Ashley I tweeted out information about a viewing party she's holding, so that's confirmation for the info he got. 

Ashley is hosting her viewing party in NYC on Valentine's night at a bar and all the big name "bachelors" are on the guest list like JJ, Ben Z, Nick, Jared, etc.   The event is for charity so at least if people end up going, its for a good cause.  And yes she called the show airing that night "20th Anniversary show" so it does seem the wedding is just part of the special which is it should be.

• Love 2