Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 20 Spoilers

leighdear
  • Start Topic

It's become clear that JoJo is not just the best but the only viable choice for TBette.

Amanda, no: two kids is a hard sell for guys in their mid- to late-twenties. Caila, no: cute but looks and acts younger than her years. Guys are not going to pull up in the limo yelling "CAILA!!" in anticipation. Jubilee, no.

The "F2 curse" will be lifted. It's JoJo's birthright to be the next Bachelorette.

• Love 2

Bill Simmons who has millions of twitter followers is going all in for Jubilee as the next bachelorette.   Now he doesn't work for Disney/ABC/ESPN anymore so I don't think he's working on an official campaign but still its something to watch, especially after next week, Jubilee's grand exit episode to see if other Hollywood types pick up on the campaign.

(edited)

I hope they don't try to make Jubilee a poster child for diversity.  She was minimally featured this week, excepting her mean-girl snipe at Becca's virginity.  There is absolutely nothing I can see her bring as a Bachelorette, so I hope that withers on the vine like the "Marquel is Perfect" rally cry we heard after Andi's season.  Thankfully he did BIP so we could see the lack of personality and uptight mind, halting his chances at being a lead.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

The thing with Jubilee is that she is too insecure and lacks confidence she needs to work on her issues first, I was wondering why she gets eliminated next week but it seems like Ben gets frustrated with her cool demeanor and attitude in the preview he mentions something along the lines of trying to hold her hand and her pulling away and how was that supposed to make him feel, maybe she would have made it further if she had more confidence and wasn't questioning herself and him all the time.

Edited by roses
  • Love 3

Aww, Reality Steve had to have his beloved dog Maddie put down, so we won't be getting any inside scoop this week.  No matter how anybody felt about Steve as a recapper, he was truly devoted to his dog.  

• Love 6
Bill Simmons who has millions of twitter followers is going all in for Jubilee as the next bachelorette.   Now he doesn't work for Disney/ABC/ESPN anymore

There's "doesn't work for anymore," and then there's "left on bad, bad terms."

• Love 2

And did you see that awesome photo of Bill with degenerate Subway Jarred?  Nice instincts there Bill.  There's a reason random people don't get to pick the next lead.

He'll get bored and Tweet about something else.  People without any real investment in the franchise don't blow those horns very long.  

Thus far, both JoJo and Caila are getting good edits and we're not seeing any negatives.   

I decided to spoil myself because I figured the final one would be Lauren B. And look I was right. I'm happy that Jojo makes it far as she's my favorite at this point. But I'm really bummed that the odds are not in her favor to be the next Bachelorette. I don't think I'll be able to watch a whole season of Amanda or Caila. Something about Caila I do not like. And while she seems like a nice lady, Amanda's voice annoys me.

I liked Jubillee in the beginning, not so much now. Seriously, who do we campaign to for Jojo to be the lead next season. I really want her to be the Bachelorette.

For those who didn't see Bachelor Live, they showed clips of Ben saying "I love you," to two different girls (although you couldn't see who he was talking to, obviously. I did wonder if maybe both clips were to the same girl and it was just editing magic, but they also showed him saying "I told two women I love them this week", so I guess not), him telling his parents he's in love with both of them, and then him shutting the door to a limo and crying while saying that he could be making the biggest mistake of his life because "that's how much I love her". Has a Bachelor ever told two girls he loves her before the FRC before? I remember Sean said "I love you" to Lindsay but that was as he was sending her home as a "see how hard this is for me" kind of thing. Either way, Ben saying "I love you" to both kind of contradicts RS' info that he picked Lauren halfway through and nobody else came close. The spoiler is probably still correct, but I'm weirdly intrigued by the little bit of doubt the promo created.

IDK, I love the seasons where it's not a slam dunk and a case could be made for either of the F2, and to be honest now I'm kind of hoping for another Mesnick-type situation (maybe he sends Lauren home but then immediately changes his mind and chases the limo down or something? That would be kind of hilarious). Plus, RS is always so smug I'd love to see him backpedal if the spoiler was wrong again. 

Edited by dom16
  • Love 1

Praise be, we've got one drama queen down, and one to go.  I will be very happy next week to see the back of Olivia.  And I assume that putting her on the 2-on-1 with Emily is supposed to be the big Battle Royale.  Hopefully they'll go at it better than Ashley I and Kelsey did last season.  That was a bit lame.  No hair pulling, no biting, no kicking.  That would have been fun. 

I've completely stopped paying attention to any promo, clip or preview.  Every one is misleading, annoying and deliberately inflammatory.   It's all about misdirection, so I refuse to even register what's happening in them.  So there, ABC.  *LOL*

I've completely stopped paying attention to any promo, clip or preview.  Every one is misleading, annoying and deliberately inflammatory.   It's all about misdirection, so I refuse to even register what's happening in them.  So there, ABC.  *LOL*

I don't pay attention to the preview clips either as these editors are GOOD at misdirection and just plain ole making stuff up.

So right now I'll stick with the Reality Steve spoiler that Ben fell hard for Lauren B early on.   But if he's wrong, no big deal as I can't see Ben lasting with either of the final 2.

• Love 1

I'm spoiled now:-)

It's looks like I may be able to stop watching this show next season since they will likely choose Amanda as The Bachelorette. I could live with Caila but I don't think they will pick her since people don't understand/get her--just look at her conversation with Ben last night. She said something about not loving (what?) and then something about being a mystery. I take that back since I have no idea what she said and need to re-watch that bit. I don't think people are responding well to her but that may change with the edit. She comes across as fake. She is all giggly and happy then has deep (??) conversation that doesn't make sense (I should have listened closer).

Does anyone have a transcript of Caila's conversation with Ben?

However, I would still at least check out the show if Caila was The Bachelorette. AS LONG AS IT IS NOT AMANDA (or Emily)!

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 1
(edited)

I just realized that I'm not really seeing anything spectacular in JoJo aside from her looks.  She seems very nice and obviously gets along well with the girls, but I haven't seen a shred of passion or spark from her in anything.  Even the 1-on-1 date in the helicopter was so brief, it seemed inconsequential and gave us nothing.  Maybe she'll show something more on their baseball date, because the only fire I've seen so far has been when Ben has been groping her.  *LOL*

Edited by leighdear

With Amanda as Bachelorette, they could easily keep most of the filming in LA, where she already lives.  Maybe a couple of weekend trips, and why couldn't she take her girls then too?  They're 1 1/2 and 3.  They're not in school, so what's the big deal?  Kids can be very portable. 

And as huge as the production staff is, 1 or 2 nannies along to keep the girls occupied for a few hour each day is NOTHING.   Or take grandma along, as she babysits the kids normally.  They went all the way to Charlotte, North Carolina for Emily.  And Ricki still went with her on some trips.  

Hell, on BIP2, Mike Fleiss paid for his daughter and her boyfriend to vacation at the same resort for a few weeks!   Money is never the object to these people.

I don't get why people assume Amanda has to leave her kids behind.  She'd probably see them more if she was The Bachelorette.  Production will do loads of things to make the lead happy.  

Regarding Amanda, I have issues with her leaving (abandoning, dumping) her young children on others when she is the primary caretaker. Sure grandma loves to help but caring for two babies/toddlers 24/7 for how many weeks/months is a lot to ask for. Plus, she places her fame seeking (she is stupid if she really thinks she will find love on this show) above caring for her children. I would say the same about a Bachelor who was the primary caretaker. Also she says she divorced the dad because of his wanting to hang with friends and party--I'm sure there is more to the story and I'm fine with her keeping it private-- but it makes her seem like a hypocrite. Her baby voice drives me nuts. I think the main issue I have with her is that she reminds me of Juwelia (sp?) from last season (husband committed suicide). Finally, her total freak out over some stupid Teen Mom comment seemed OTT and while she didn't have the hysterics that Emily had, I thought she could laugh it off as a stupid comment made by a socially unaware person rather than a catty attack. If it was a catty attack, which I don't think it was, then handle it better.

Emily seemed more glamorous than Amanda so I understand why they chose her to be The Bachelorette. Maybe they can find a "new" person to be The Bachelorette. I worry they will do something with the twins (shoot me now) or Amanda (I won't watch). I don't think I could watch a season of Becca--Boring and seems kind of fake. No suitable candidate jumps out. I think Brit would be good but I think a lot of people may not like her and I wonder if she would do it. I liked her but she did need time to mature.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 2

Someone from another message board did a voice analysis of the "hello" from the preview when Ben calls someone from the FRC, and a clip of Ben's mom speaking. I think it proves my first instinct was correct....it is Ben's mom. The 2 voices sound exactly alike!

The preview is so sliced and diced. They always make the lead seem so conflicted. And though he loved both girls, I am sure he was only in love with the one.

I totally believe RS as far as Lauren B. as the F1. The question, as always, is how long they will last outside the Bachelor Bubble.

• Love 1

I would probably pass on the next season if Amanda is the Bachelorette. She is not at all interesting. I can't imagine the disappointment for the guys when they find out they signed up for a show with a lead who comes with two tiny kids, an ex who is actively in their lives, etc. Emily was gorgeous, polished, rich, and a tragic young "widow" (not sure she was married to her baby's father)--not the same as Amanda at all imo.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 3

Emily was gorgeous, polished, rich, and a tragic young "widow" (not sure she was married to her baby's father)--not the same as Amanda at all imo.

Thank you for bringing that up. The Bachelorette is supposed to be a catch and let's face it, that helps. Amanda lives in Orange County and is nicely put together, but when she talked to her kids I noticed her iPhone was in bad shape. That's a tell.

JoJo is the only sensible choice. They'll find a way to make it happen.

• Love 1

but when she talked to her kids I noticed her iPhone was in bad shape.

I don't think that was her phone. Sharleen mentioned on her blog that the contestants aren't allowed to bring their phones or any other electronics with them, and when you see someone talking on a phone (which she says is a "luxury"), that phone belongs to a producer.

• Love 1

I would probably pass on the next season if Amanda is the Bachelorette. She is not at all interesting. I can't imagine the disappointment for the guys when they find out they signed up for a show with a lead who comes with two tiny kids, an ex who is actively in their lives, etc. Emily was gorgeous, polished, rich, and a tragic young "widow" (not sure she was married to her baby's father)--not the same as Amanda at all imo.

I do not think the guys would be happy but they would fake it for their moment in the spotlight/media, free booze and travel. She would be a horrible bachelorette for the reasons you mentioned plus she is a party girl who abandoned her two babies on her mom so that she could fame whore herself on a cheese show where she won't find love but she can drink/party and travel. Also who wants to hear her voice...drives me up the walls. I can't stand her but I do think she is pretty.

I have a nagging feeling that last season's B'ette, with 2 women featured at the start, was a foreshadowing of the next season. And that the next B'ette will be the twins.

They are much to immature and not very attractive. Girl next door looks who are so immature and overly emotional basket cases. Their emotional dependence on each other to the point of getting special treatment (spoiled) by producers---why the f*ck were they allowed to call each other on the phone but no one else could call anyone unless it was to their kids (amanda). I don't think they have the maturity, experience or social skills to handle a group of bachelors.

Count me out if it is Amanda or one (or both) of the twins. I even put up with Kaitlyns season and I did not like her...but I liked her more then these nitwits.

• Love 3

It DEFINITELY won't be the twins, because their hotel room in Mexico is already booked for BIP3. I'm still hoping it'll be JoJo - she's the only one I would actually buy the guys fighting over, and in general seems like a pretty cool person. I mean, who's the other options? Caila? She's Britt's personality without Britt's looks, and Britt's looks were the only reason she was considered for the Bachelorette in the first place. Don't make us endure this flake, TPTB. And don't get me started on Minnie Mouse ditching her daughters to drink and party. JoJo is far and away the best (and only) candidate, so hopefully her finishing in 2nd place doesn't mean they won't make her the lead. 

• Love 3

For the last 10 seasons, finishing 2nd is EXACTLY why that girl hasn't been the next Bachelorette.  The next Bachelorette will already have started filming her intros and PR packages before the finale is even shown.  

So JoJo's supposed to finally face Ben on the finale stage, sob about how he broke her heart, and THEN say "But it's cool, because I'm the new Bachelorette, y'all!"  They start the actual season filming about a week later.  The ONLY way they could make JoJo the Bachelorette is to push filming Into April or May.  But that would also push BIP3 filming.  

If they haven't done that in the past 10 seasons, why on earth would they do that now?  For a 23 year-old house flipper from Texas?  Sorry, I just don't think they'd do it.  JoJo seems nice, but she's not worth disrupting literally a decade old production schedule.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

I don't know... I think they'll find a way to make it work, if they really want JoJo. She's the only real option right now IMO. Caila's the least popular out of the F5 by far, so unless something major happens, I don't see her getting the job. She's too immature to handle it anyway. If they choose Amanda then that's just a total joke. She may be pretty (though who knows under all that makeup and botox), but two toddlers and a meddling ex? Just what every young handsome famewhore is dreaming of! Oh wait... Becca might be in the running just because she's the oldest and has plenty of experience with this show and a pretty big fanbase, but I still don't see her as their number one choice by any means. That leaves JoJo, who's popular, sexy and has an outgoing personality.

• Love 2

Is Jojo really 23? Her linked in profile says she attended Baylor from 2008 to 2011, and another site says her birthday is November 25, 1990, so 25 seems right. I think ages get recorded and sometimes never updated. Not that it matters but she seems way more mature in a good way than Amanda or the Twins.

But whatever, she would be a great bachelorette because she seems as self-confident as Olivia without being conceited and self-centered. It's so annoying when the Bachelorette is all I hope the men will like me, etc. Her mother is Iranian (Persian) so Show might think that would give them the ethnically diverse lead the producers say they are looking for.

• Love 2

I think B'ette is Caila's to loose specifically because she is Britt light and after the disaster that was Kaitlyn, TIIC probably want to try to redeem themselves. If they can't get Britt back (and I think she's in a relationship, right? So she won't come back) then they will get the closest thing they have to the pretty, bubbly girl who will do anything to make her man fee special, including having no personality of her own until she knows what kind of personality he wants her to have. I am still kind of disappointed we didn't get to see Britt pretend to be 26 different types of girl to appease her 26 different suiters. That could have been fun. Especially if she slipped up and tried to be "jock girl" with opera guy or some such.

I will not watch Amanda "I'm a hypocrite who would rather party on TV than be with my kids even though that's pretty much why I left their father" or The future Mrs. Hugh Heffner twins. I'd honestly rather watch Olivia as B'ette. At least she would be a blast to laugh at as she falls madly in love with every single one of her guys and tries to make them all feel special by calling them all last...but that won't work. OMG her head would explode.

• Love 4

I do think our reality for the next season is Caila.  She is the closest they have to a woman of color, so the producers can point to her and say "At least we're doing better than we did!"

She's so boring, I couldn't watch.

• Love 1

I have a nagging feeling that last season's B'ette, with 2 women featured at the start, was a foreshadowing of the next season. And that the next B'ette will be the twins.

Caila's the least popular out of the F5 by far

I don't think Caila is the least popular at all. It seems from the posts I've read it's definitely Amanda, and I agree. I for one would hate to watch a season of Amanda. Of all the choices she would be my least favorite. Caila seems boring and a little on the fake side but at least we wouldn't have to listen to a super annoying mousy voice and with her we wouldn't have to think all season, "I can't believe she left her kids for this". I prefer JoJo but if she's not chosen then my next choice would be Caila. They both have a ethnic background so...

Backformore may be on to something there. I don't think it will be the twins but if the show is wanting a more ethnic B'ette it could be a showdown between JoJo and Caila.

• Love 1

I don't think Caila is the least popular at all.

In terms of Instagram following she definitely is.

Caila: 84K

Amanda: 162K

JoJo: 190K

Lauren B.: 235K

(Becca has 553K, but she had a one-year head start.)

Of the top 4, I have to believe JoJo has the largest male fanbase.

• Love 1

They always choose the one I hope to never see again, so I would imagine that makes Caila a frontrunner. That conversation she had with Ben on her second one on one was enough to convince me she has an IQ ten points less than plant life. I can't imagine a whole season of that.

• Love 1

In terms of Instagram following she definitely is.

Caila: 84K

Amanda: 162K

JoJo: 190K

Lauren B.: 235K

(Becca has 553K, but she had a one-year head start.)

Of the top 4, I have to believe JoJo has the largest male fanbase.

That is what I meant. Caila also has the least Twitter followers. I know SM isn't everything, but it is pretty indicative of who the general public is drawn to. Even though people are giving Amanda a hard time on message boards, most viewers seem to be lapping up that poor single mommy victim act. Caila doesn't seem to be resonating with most of the viewers, so unless something major happens in the next 3 episodes, I just don't see her being their number one pick for the next lead. She's already had two one-on-ones, so it's not like she's been hidden or anything. Still people aren't drawn to her. She also seems immature and not very good at expressing her feelings or even recognising them. Not what TPTB are looking for IMO.

I don't think I could stand watching Becca just because her virginity on Chris's season was almost another contestant--she doesn't really mention it once on Ben's show, does she?, so perhaps she has joined the grownups? But it just makes me feel icky and she doesn't offer a whole lot, even though Mr MML thinks she is gorgeous.

I actually would like Olivia with a bunch of nerds and intellectual bachelors (perhaps Princeton-Ian from Kaitlyn's season), only because that would be interesting. I wonder how she would handle it.

Man, that preview of next week where JoJo's stepbrother, who was one of the leads on that godawful 'Ready For Love' show, accuses Ben/the process of 'brainwashing' the girls is hilariously ironic. Uh, what's so different about the Bachelor copycat show you were on where you had to do the exact same thing to multiple girls as Ben?

• Love 4

Wonder if those [instagram] numbers mean Becca is under consideration????

She had a year's head start on the others. I think her lead/advantage will slip away soon. JoJo gained 15K followers since I posted those stats. In the same time frame Caila gained 4K, Amanda 9K and Becca 10K. I can see JoJo's rate of increase getting higher and higher.

I wouldn't be shocked if Becca was the next lead. She seems to have tons of Twitter support. 

I agree about Jojo and the timing of filming. Because of that, I think she will not be the next lead.

Please not Amanda.....that is all i could say.

Caila seems nice, but everything that comes out of her mouth seems so rehearsed.

My thoughts, FWIW on the contenders:

1.  Caila: just no.  and I agree with RS that I can't see the guys jumping out of the limos, dying to meet her.  But then I guess that COULD make for a fun season as they jockey for position to last long enough to get a free vacation in Mexico this summer.  So maybe its not at "no" after all!

2.  Becca: hmmmm, I personally think she's as fake as can be but as she showed with her ditching of meeting up with Jared to pave the way for a shot on Ben's season, she can be pretty bitchy so her season does have potential.   But she'd be a first, a bachelorette that comes from the top 6.

3. Amanda:  I don't see any support for her at all.  Plus from the previews of next week it looks like her kids are a hand full (like all little kiddos) so even dangling a chance at Paradise won't get the guys to stick around. 

4. JoJo:  the best of the final 6 by far for me but why oh why does she have to be the final 2.    Fleiss really backed himself into a corner with that outcome, unless Caila was the pick all along which I really, really, really can't see.

JoJo is objectively the best choice. She was practically created in the Bachelorette laboratory: a hot, rich, fun "guys' girl" whom female viewers like too.

Everyone else has serious limitations when it comes to personality/charisma and/or desirability to the guys. Fleiss will find a way to make it happen.

• Love 1

I've suspected Becca will be the next B ette. Whatever. A whole season of more boring than usual. The only way it could be worse is if it's Amanda. Sorry, but that woman is not that attractive, seems dumb, and having two small children is a big minus not only because a lot of young guys aren't ready for that, but because she will be leaving her kids behind again to pursue famewhoring which is gross.

Caila is the only option, IMO. Maybe she'll be better in a lead role.

• Love 3

Fleiss could make it work. Jojo could still show up for the first day of filming after AFTR, then they work filming the opening shots into the filming schedule. Her storyline could be that she knew deep-down that Ben was going to pick Lauren B, so she's ready to find love.

• Love 1

Although in Deanna's season, she was clearly not over Brad....she kept talking about him, made references to "bad brad", until she became interested in Graham I dont think she was over Brad, and I think thats why she was such a sourpuss of a bachlorette.

I always wonder what happened to Jeremy who was #3 in her season--that guy was so heartbroken...

I always wonder what happened to Jeremy who was #3 in her season--that guy was so heartbroken...

I believe he has a couple of kids; not sure if he's married or not.

There def was a lag between Brad dumping DeAnna and her becoming the Bachelorette as I looked it up and Matt Grant's season aired first in the spring of 08, then her season later in the summer.   

I still think that IF the bigwigs want JoJo, they'll fiddle with the schedule but its too early to know what they really want.  The "women tell all" might give us a clue and that tapes next Saturday.