Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 20 Spoilers

leighdear
  • Start Topic

Reality Steve has just posted info on the first 2 girls of Ben's season. 

I'm not sure of the protocol in linking or copying the info here, as there are quite a few photos of the young ladies.  Here are the basics, and both show up in ordinary Google searches:

1. Breanne Rice: 30, Seattle, WA. She is a Holistic Nutritional Therapy Practitioner. I really have no idea what that means. If you read the “About” portion on her website, Breanne’s Holistic Health, you’ll see she suffers from vitiligo, a skin
image: http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png

disease I’d never heard of until I read it. So I guess we already know what Breanne’s storyline will be this season. She’s also a contributing writer to SouthSoundMagazine.

Twitter – @bholistichealth (de-activated as of 9/22)
LinkedIn – Breanne Rice
Instagram – lovesbreanne (de-activated as of 9/22)
Instagram – breanneholistichealth (de-activated as of 9/22)

2. Olivia Caridi: 23. Currently lives in Virginia, but originally from Austin, Tx. Graduated TCU in 2014 with a degree in Broadcast Journalism. Currently a News Anchor/Reporter for NBC affiliate WCYB in Virginia. Sister Paige plays volleyball for Dartmouth.

Facebook – Olivia Caridi WCYB (de-activated as of 9/22)
Twitter – @WCYB_Olivia (de-activated as of 9/22)

• Love 2

Reality Steve is out with a new blog and he confirms the news that first appeared on that Bachelorspoiler fan site that Becca will be on Ben's season.   Ridiculous. 

He also says that Amber is back too.   Just as ridiculous.  

And he is hearing about a possible third girl from the reject pile not named Tenley so stay tune! 

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 2

Reality TV as a genre is getting stale.  Everything has to have a "twist" these days, so this is just the twist-of-the-moment.  One contestant returning mid-way through isn't cutting it anymore, so they need to drag as many leftover, played-out fame whores into the mix as possible.  Just to augment the new, unknown fame whores.   

It actually saves ABC and the franchise money.  The folks they bring back already know the ropes, have already had all the background & financial checks done and just need a quick STD/Drug test update.  And they probably take less of the producers time, since they already know what to do, they can advise the newbies and they know who's ass to kiss.  

• Love 3

I agree with Leighdear, I don't think the rejects are coming back cause no one is applying, they are just being brought back as the producers love that particular story line.  I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that they are really recycling contestants since they haven't given us an unknown lead since Matt the brit but I think bringing back Becca, Amber and maybe a third girl is overkill.  At least last season we only got Nick.

• Love 2

For the BIP2 rejects that may still be wanting the attention, we have Chelsie, Ashley I, Carly, Jillian, Juelia, Megan, and Mackenzie.   

I don't see Clare, Jaclyn or Tenley coming back, Cassandra is with Jonathan, Samantha is with Nick and Ashley S. is engaged.  

I just don't like previous contestants coming back.  You gave it a shot, you had your chance, now shoo!  :)

• Love 1

I just don't like previous contestants coming back.  You gave it a shot, you had your chance, now shoo!  :)

I don't understand why the producers keep doing this.  Oh I do.  It creates BUZZ about the season and people will be tuning in in January to see the "new" girls deal with the rejects.  

And if they try to portray Becca as this sweet, naive virgin, I'm going to laugh my ass off. To me the girl is cold-blooded and desperate for continued fame out in California.

• Love 2

Becca may never have had sex, but she is far from innocent or naive.  She's been trying to leverage her time on Chris's season into any money making venture possible, as long as she gets her picture taken.  She's shilling for Carrie Underwood's athletic clothing line, so we'll obviously see her wearing the duds.  She's been making the media rounds and shows up at any event she can wangle an invitation to.  Plus, overtly flirting with Ben and other notable guys on social media. 

She's just looking for her next 15 minutes of fame, definitely not a husband. 

(And my apologies CindyBee for stepping on your post!)  I just don't like her and have never hidden that fact.  I think she's dull and blah. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

Really?  why?   

Cause making plans to meet up with Jared after talking to him on social media for weeks when he came out to LA to tape his appearance on "After Paradise" and then not even bothering to show up is cold.  That she didn't even bother to pick up her phone and call him to say 'hey, Fleiss is giving me another 15 mins of fame on Ben's season so sorry, can't see you this weekend' but instead, nothing.   To me that shows a lack of empathy for a guy you suppose to like.   

Anyway, she's getting what she wants, more time on TV.  Hope she's ready to deal with the backlash.  

• Love 2

Just happened to glance at that popular sleuthing site and saw the stuff about Becca and Tenley so came here to see what was being said about it. Well okay then. That will certainly be a first. We've had one returnee but two?

He also says that Amber is back too.   Just as ridiculous.

Or I guess three. Wait, are we talking about African American Amber from Chris Soules' season? That's kind of random. Guess the women of Bachelor Nation must have really, really been impressed with Ben while watching Kaitlyn season and are thinking screw it, they're all taking their shot. It is odd though that the producers will go for that many repeat contestants.

I'm sure they figure the drama will be awesome. It will be funny if despite all those returnees, he picks someone who hasn't appeared on the franchise before. This is already sounding like it'll be drama galore. I did say Ben's being boring wouldn't matter because the producers will just find ways to create drama. 

As far I can tell, Tenley isn't going to be on this season.   She made a play for Ben after she got back from Paradise, even traveling to Denver to see him but Ben wasn't interested in giving up the Bachelor gig for her and she doesn't want to be part of the herd so she's busy posting sad things.    Guess she should have kept Joshua!

The possible third returnee isn't known.  Or if Reality steve does know, he's not saying quite yet. 

As these first dates all happen out in the open in the LA area, I'm sure we'll be seeing in the coming days just who is on and how long they last.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1

She's shilling for Carrie Underwood's athletic clothing line, so we'll obviously see her wearing the duds. 

That's just RS being stupid. He stole the scoop about Becca from someone on another board who knows her. She simply shared the info about Becca asking for some CALIA clothes to wear on an ABC show she's going on, thus proving she'll be on Ben's season. Becca's not shilling them, just asking for some free clothes to wear like plenty of people who go on a TV show. I'm sure companies love to hand out stuff in exchange for TV exposure. I doubt she's getting anything out of it except some nice clothes. RS is such a dumbass it hurts my brain. And a weasel. 

Reality Steve tweeted out yesterday that they were possibly filming at Azuza Pacific University, but he was waiting on confirmation.  Interesting that Britt went there.  I hope that's a coincidence if it's true. 

I still adore Britt, but I think Ben needs a more dynamic personality with more sparkle.  Britt is pretty low key when the situation isn't emotional.  Ben comes off to me as a people-pleaser who's going to do exactly what the producers want, when they want it and because they want it.  I don't see him making any waves.   

I think like Chris, Ben will go through all the motions, jump through all the hoops and be a good sport.  I even think he'll pick a girl in the end and propose.  That is, IF he continues to behave as vanilla, benign and unoffensive as we saw in Kaitlyn's season.  I still think he's a bit of a snooze and the girls are going to bring the entertainment.  

Britt may show up, but I hope she doesn't.  

• Love 1

Juliet Litman of the "Right Reasons" podcast got an invite to night one and she watched the limos arriving and said that Ben is going to do exactly what the producers want:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=13739629

So yeah the entertainment and craziness is going to have to come from the ladies but as former seasons have shown, that's not going to be a problem!

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 2

Reality Steve tweeted these:

RealitySteve ‏@RealitySteve  7m7 minutes ago
1. I still haven't gotten confirmation that they were at Azusa Pacific yesterday. 2. Britt is not on Ben's season.
0 retweets 2 favorites
Reply   Retweet    Favorite  2 

RealitySteve ‏@RealitySteve  5m5 minutes ago
With that said, this Starpulse story is complete garbage. Nice headline chasing.

http://m.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2015/09/27/britt-nilsson-joins-the-bachelor-2016-

Edited by leighdear

If we are being told what brand of clothng any of these yingyangs are wearing, that is 100 percent shilling in my book. Who asks for free clothes, and more importantly who would provide them, otherwise?

I hate that we are having any repeat bachelorettes on. No fun in that, not fair to the majority of newbies. And it shifts the entire focus of the show from the star to the returning famewhore.

Make it an "all star" season with all rerun women, or make it all new.

• Love 4

Cause making plans to meet up with Jared after talking to him on social media for weeks when he came out to LA to tape his appearance on "After Paradise" and then not even bothering to show up is cold.  That she didn't even bother to pick up her phone and call him to say 'hey, Fleiss is giving me another 15 mins of fame on Ben's season so sorry, can't see you this weekend' but instead, nothing.   To me that shows a lack of empathy for a guy you suppose to like.   

Anyway, she's getting what she wants, more time on TV.  Hope she's ready to deal with the backlash.  

Yuppers and from what I've read, online fans are already turning against her.  Watch her fall from grace just as  Ben F. and Emily did when they showed the world who they really were. 

• Love 1

I think at this point, all new contestants are going to need to realize that the old format is gone, and that leftovers are going to be a part of the cast each season.  I also think in the beginning seasons there was more of a level playing field, but I also think each year there has been so many more producer-generated situations, more outright scripting and forced pairings.  

Now, I believe these folks are truly auditioning for a network drama.  

(edited)

So according to Reality Steve, the gang is filming in Las Vegas right now.  He said Amber is still there, but no word on Becca.  There WAS a little video in his Twitter feed that shows Amber, Ben & some others, but it looks like the girl who originally posted it took it down.  The blonde newscaster Olivia is still there.  She seems a good one to bet on lasting.  

In addition to Amber, Becca, Breanne and Olivia, Steve says identical twin sister cheerleader/waitresses are in the mix.  Nothing earth shattering thus far, but filming keeps chugging and it's a long way to January! 

Edited by leighdear

A little info and photos on Steve's site about a 1 on 1 date Ben had with Becca.  She was wearing a wedding dress when she was photographed leaving her hotel.  Seriously.  A wedding dress.  Becca.  

The latest from Reality Steve is that Ben told Becca not to be on the show.  He was briefly in contact with her prior to filming and basically told her no.  He wanted his own season without leftovers from Chris.  Amber wasn't addressed.  No idea if the producers forced him to choose a few retreads, they said they were choosing retreads for him, or they cast Amber & Becca without his knowledge at all.   

Nice way to make Becca look like a desperate Stage 5 clinger, along with being stubborn.  Idiot. 

I have zero, and I mean ZERO sympathy for Becca if she is indeed edited to be a stage five clinger after Ben told her not to come on his season.    And since she has made to at least the half way point, the producers must have a big story line for her to fill.    Juliet Litman said a few weeks ago in her "Right Reasons" Podcast that after being there for night one that Ben would be doing the producers biding and Becca still being around is clue #1 that Juliet was right!

I don't understand some of these people as couldn't she just have waited till next summer and gone on Bachelor in Paradise 3 if she was that desperate to be on TV again?!?

• Love 2
(edited)

She's "building her brand".  So as a young, vapid and allergic-to-real-work individual, she's boosting her social media shilling by being on the show.  I don't for a moment think either Ben or a relationship are her main goal.  Simply notoriety. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

I have zero interest in seeing any of the previous bachelorettes reprise their roles and I can only hope Becca comes out of this looking like the idiot she apparently is instead of being the producers' pick for F3 and potentially the next Bachelorette. Because I definitely won't watch that show.

I was looking forward to Ben H.'s season, too. :(

• Love 2

The latest from Reality Steve is that Ben told Becca not to be on the show.  He was briefly in contact with her prior to filming and basically told her no.  He wanted his own season without leftovers from Chris.  Amber wasn't addressed.  No idea if the producers forced him to choose a few retreads, they said they were choosing retreads for him, or they cast Amber & Becca without his knowledge at all.   

Nice way to make Becca look like a desperate Stage 5 clinger, along with being stubborn.  Idiot. 

And a poster on the other board, who claims to be a friend of hers, confirmed this although this person thought that perhaps Ben was less blunt than RS stated.  This poster also stated from the beginning that Becca wouldn't be F1 but wouldn't go into details before RS posted his column. 

If true, this is now 3 times that the "super-special snowflake that's ever snowflaked" contestant has been shown to be less than perfect.  One would think fans would get hip to this and realized that although this is a "reality TV show", very little is actually "real".  The success stories come in spite of the circumstances not because of them.

• Love 1

If true, this is now 3 times that the "super-special snowflake that's ever snowflaked" contestant has been shown to be less than perfect.  One would think fans would get hip to this and realized that although this is a "reality TV show", very little is actually "real".  The success stories come in spite of the circumstances not because of them.

Absolutely agree.  And for what it's worth, I imagine that "St. Ben" isn't as perfect a guy as so many are gushing over.  Everybody has negativity, but guys like him hide it really well.     

When friends of a contestant start posting on a random fan board, the contestant in question needs to seriously get a real life.  27 is getting a bit old to be playing princess looking for her prince.  

• Love 1

So according to reality Steve, Becca's little tweet this morning was producer driven and she's still on the show. 

I have no idea at this point where they are going with her storyline--it will be interesting to see if she is indeed in the running to be the Bachelorette and if so, her season could be the first one I miss since well I think Meredith's (hangs head that I have to admit that I love me some "bachelorette" more so than the "bachelor"). 

And count me in the number that thinks that Ben isn't so saintly and I'd love to see him go all in with one of the "wrong reason" contestants, like the last Ben did with Courtney.

• Love 1

And count me in the number that thinks that Ben isn't so saintly and I'd love to see him go all in with one of the "wrong reason" contestants, like the last Ben did with Courtney.

That would be awesome to see him with somebody so blatantly there just for screen time and acting like a diva!  I don't think they'd ever make Ms. Desperate Virgin the Bachelorette, but if it happened, I'd boycott with you, CindyBee!

• Love 1

Reality Steve is out with a new blog today that lists the final 9 girls that are in the Bahamas with Ben.  The rose ceremony is tomorrow and the remaining 6 girls (he thinks 3 will be elminated) will travel to Warsaw, Indiana for a mini-homecoming like they did in farmer Chris season when the final 6 girls went to Iowa.  

For those that don't read, here are the girls, in alphabetical order:

Amanda S (single mom of TWO very young girls)

Becca

Caila

Emily F

Joelle (goes by JoJo, From Dallas so I'm sure Steve will get the scoop on her.   He thinks she's a potential Bachelorette, stepbrother was on "Ready for Love", Ex-boyfriend isn't happy she's on show)

Lauren B

Lauren H

Leah B

Olivia (got the first impression rose)

• Love 2

Caila?   How do you even say that?  Kay-il-a?  Say-ill-a?  Choola?    

Becca is so dull that I'm liable to see if Nat Geo has something more scintillating on, say,  When Snails Fuck.

• Love 7

Becca is so dull that I'm liable to see if Nat Geo has something more scintillating on, say,  When Snails Fuck.

I am laughing so hard, I have tears coming from my eyes. Thanks!

• Love 1

Maybe she's trying to get a series on HGTV.  "Paint Drying with Becca".  I think that's about her speed and intellect. 

I saw the pic of the 9 at Reality Steve, and it doesn't appear that Ben is totally into brunettes, as 5 of the 9 are definitely blonde.  Sorry Kaitlyn, you were just the default place-holder til Ben could get his own gig!

Fleiss/ABC is so cheap that yeah, its looking like if a free deal isn't made with a foreign location, its downtown Warsaw, Indiana we get to see. 

At least Ben and his ladies got to go Las Vegas, Mexico City and the Bahamas before they head off to lovely Indiana.  That's more than Chris' girls got to go to as they were stuck in the states till the final 3!

RS hasn't said yet where the fantasy suites/final rose ceremony is going to be.  Hopefully Fleiss was able to get somewhere half-way interesting signed up, unlike Kaitlyn's season where the end deal for Argentina fell apart.

• Love 1

I'll bet they won't screw up the way they did last year for the finale.  Chris at least got Bali for the fantasy suites, though his hometown barn proposal was lame.  Maybe they'll go someplace cold, the way they did on Ben's season.  I remember Courtney walking up that gorgeous Swiss mountain in that dramatic black cape. 

Now THAT season was amazing in the travel.  Sonoma & San Fran for California, Park City, Utah, Puerto Rico, Panama, Belize, then Switzerland for the overnights and proposal.

Andi got good travel, but I don't think they'll ever pull out all the stops the way they used to.  Chris & Kaitlyn proved that a trip to Costco and an overnight at a Motel 6 in new Mexico can pull in the same audience as the extravagant travel will, but MUCH cheaper.  

• Love 1

Based on some speculation/spoilers I'm seeing on other boards and my own watching of this show over the years, the F4 will probably break down to Becca, Lauren H., JoJo and Olivia.

Becca could get eliminated right before the hometown dates but I doubt it.  I think she goes after, with JoJo as F3 (and thus the new Bachelorette) and the final two are Lauren and Olivia.  Becca's family was supposedly upset about the way they were portrayed the last time around but Nick's family had to endure it twice so "bonne chance", folks.

Just as long as I don't have to watch "the virgin Becca Tilley" agonize over whether she's "in love" with Ben and will accept his proposal (meaning that she's in the F2).  Though knowing this show, it will start in the first episode and be the subject of all of her talking heads.  Ugh.

Edited by LuLu123
  • Love 2

I hope they come out with another Sean/Catherine, ninja-romance that nobody else really sees til the very end.  I'm a bit weary of the blatant, completely transparent and inevitable "winner" being front and center from day 1.   Let's have some mystery, Ben!  

And I've decided that I'm not even going to refer to the virgin again, for anything.  Poke a fork in her, she's done in my eyes.  The rest are of course fair game!

• Love 1

Based on some speculation/spoilers I'm seeing on other boards and my own watching of this show over the years, the F4 will probably break down to Becca, Lauren H., JoJo and Olivia.

I didn't have time to read up on the final 9 bios yesterday but did so this morning and agree that there is a good chance for an Olivia/Lauren H/Becca/JoJo final 4.

Leah, being from Denver could also be in the mix if Ben is looking for a default out as that worked well for Dr. Travis.

And Lauren H on paper seems to be the best match but then we haven't seen them interact at all so that could be totally wrong.

Hopefully we'll find out later this week who was eliminated in the Bahamas and moved on to Indiana.

• Love 1