Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 20 Spoilers

leighdear
  • Start Topic

Reality Steve has a new blog and the final six are:

JoJo

Emily, one of the twins who were cast this season;  her sister went out pretty early

Lauren B (Bushnell as there was another Lauren B in the cast that refused a rose earlier; that's going to be confusing, two Lauren Bs)

Caila

Amanda

and of course Becca

So that means FIR winner Olivia, teacher Lauren H and Leah were sent home from the Bahamas.

RS also says that he has gotten more inside information than any other season so he'll be doing his episode by episode spoiler come November.  And he is also going to give his thoughts on the final 4, once filming in Warsaw, Indiana ends.

• Love 1

I think Olivia would be a great potential next Bachelorette, as long as she didn't do anything stupid for Ben to eliminate her.   And as long as she isn't psycho.  

She'll be close to 25 when it films, and that's fine to get the guys up to about 32 or so.  Plus, her on-air broadcasting experience helps with coming off as confident and able to carry a season.  She's also stunningly pretty and would have the guys lined up.  

I actually saw TV footage of Emily twice, when she & her sister tried out for the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders squad in 2 different years.  They've been broadcasting the show for the last 10 years, and there's probably video of them around the Net.  Very nice, bubbly young ladies.  

The mom Amanda is very pretty, but those hair extensions looks pretty ratty for a stylist.  

• Love 1

Pics of the girls arriving in Indiana last night have popped along with pics of Ben doing pre-date filming in Warsaw so it looks like this entire episode will be pretty spoiled in real time.  Be interesting to see who gets the 1 on 1 dates and who has to do one last group one. 

And off topic in way, I hope Jorge the bartender and others from the Puerto Vallarta area that worked on "Bachelor in Paradise 2" have been able to flee to safety as Hurricane Patricia comes their way. 

• Love 1

So the final six had a grand time in Warsaw, Indiana and the rose ceremony was last night.  Here's what RS knows:

-Amanda got the group date rose earlier in the week so she was safe to hometowns.   Wonder if her ex will release her kiddos to be on the HT date!?!? 

-Emily was sent home before the rose ceremony;  Me: look for her and her twin be shoo-ins for the next "Bachelor in Paradise"

-Becca's family blabbed all over the place about having a hometown again so RS feels like she is through to hometowns.  Blech

-No confirmation who the second girl eliminated in Warsaw but believes it to be Caila.   I guess we'll see who is in the final 4 besides Amanda and if Becca really did move on when hometowns start filming tomorrow.

• Love 2

-Emily was sent home before the rose ceremony;  Me: look for her and her twin be shoo-ins for the next "Bachelor in Paradise"

And I'm betting that every unattached male contestant is burning up the cell phones of production for their contact information right now!  

Ashley I and her sister were great gossip fodder, so I absolutely agree that Emily and Haley are going to be at the top of the casting folks get-list for BIP3. 

• Love 4

Well Becca's family blabbed for nothing as RS is now saying that she was eliminated last night and JoJo, Caila, and Lauren Bushnell joined Amanda in the final 4.

Just a guess, unless JoJo ends up being a big flop or in the final 2, she seems to be on paper the leading contender for the bachelorette so I'll be watching to see how her edit goes in the first few episodes come January.   

• Love 1
(edited)

JoJo does seem very polished and absolutely ready for the limelight.  And she's pretty accomplished for her age. Rich Texas bachelors would be all over somebody like her, so going on this show must strictly be for giggles and notoriety, because I just don't see her lacking for male companionship in any way.  Ben is a midwest software salesman.  He's VERY small potatoes for her.  I think she has a plan, and a quick dance with Ben is just a small part of it.  

Mikey Tenerelli  friended her on her Facebook page!  ROFL!

Edited by leighdear

Mikey T!  Hope he and his v-neck shirts go back to paradise next summer.  With 27 new rejects to choose from, he and the other guys are going to be really busy over the next few months.

And Totally agree that JoJo has much bigger fish to catch than Ben so I'm sure she's been reading her cue cards quite nicely and is doing everything she can to make sure she gets to be the next bachelorette.  

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 3

I think it would be hilarious and a lot of fun to have Mikey T. be the official BIP ambassador every season.  He can consult with Chris Harrison on occasion, help ramp up the drama when it needs it and smooth out those occasional pesky rough spots.  Plus, he could instruct a daily, low-level yoga class for everybody nursing a hangover!  ;-)

• Love 2

RS  has another blog out today to confirm the final four and tell everyone that Ben has been about Lauren Bushnell from about the half way point of filming and everyone knows.  And aren't happy.   So that should make for some pretty interesting talking head bits as it slowly dawns on the girls that they have zero chance with him. 

Lauren does have one sorta tie to the bachelor nation: her close friend Anna dated Josh Murray for a few months (they recently broke up).   

• Love 1

Gee Ben, weren't you & the guys annoyed last season when Kaitlyn basically allowed you to be an extra on HER threesome show with Nick & Shawn?

How soon they forget what it's like to be blown off.  So Mr. "perfect" Bachelor finally shows a glimpse of being just like other guys.  I knew there was something.  

Lauren's a pretty girl and seems like a nice match for him.  And he's a nice guy.  And nice looking.  And their dates looked nice.  There's so much freakin' nice floating around, I can feel the boredom creeping in!  Hopefully some of the other girls will give up some entertainment.  

• Love 3

I can't blame the leads for identifying their preferences before the final rose ceremony. That's going to happen, and that's what usually does happen. But they can at least pretend otherwise and not leave all the work up to the editors.

• Love 3

Unless we hear that Ben was banging Lauren all throughout the process then he will still have Kaitlyn beat as the lead by far, who was not just banging one guy but two, repeatedly throughout the process. Plus poor Ben was the one who had to go fake long showers to get away from her Shawn loving she was doing right in front of him in their hotel room. Yeah, until I hear some really major dirt about Ben during the filming, I imagine this season will most definitely be a palate cleanser after last season's hot ass mess. So he maybe fell for one woman and couldn't hide that he was clearly into her - if that's the worse sin he committed as the lead then *shrug* whatever. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6

Halfway through the filming Ben is into a particular bachelorette? So he took half the season to narrow it down to the person he has the most interest in. Not a problem in my book. Still half a season for him to be enchanted by someone else (feelings can change). The ones who say they didn't know until the very end are the ones who really don't have a connection (also okay imo but probably good to not commit with the most romantic rose ceremony ever in that case). The seasons like Kaitlyn's, who obviously had picked Shawn right out of the limo according to the spoilers, resulting in Nick being added late for the icky drama, the truncated "home town" dates at a hotel, guys leaving right and left, etc., etc., are the ones that are not fun to watch, again imo.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 5

I agree this season is going to be used to wash the stench of Kaitlyn and her raunchy roadshow off the entire franchise and maneuver it back onto the rails of romance.  And we probably don't have to worry about contestants with concussions and the consequences of sloppy seconds.  

It's a sad commentary when the regular season is inadvertently skankier than BIP!

• Love 2

It's a sad commentary when the regular season is inadvertently skankier than BIP!

It really is, though. I know 99% of "romance" on this show is not real but could they at least pretend a little for the sake of a TV show? I felt that in Kaitlyn's season the editors just gave up on it. I've never seen an edit quite like it. They really should learn from the Australian Bachelor franchise. Cheesy at times but the casting is a whole lot better and the romance factor is there.

• Love 1

According to RS,  Amanda was sent back home to her kiddos last night.   She probably cried on cue, to make sure she's in the running for the Bachelorette.  Or at least the next single mom off to Paradise next summer.

And RS is still saying that Lauren is the final 1 and has been for awhile. Part of me wants her to pull a Brooks and go out in a blaze of glory at final 3 but I guess she's in it for the ring so doubt that will happen.

• Love 1

According to RS' twitter, they're headed to Greece for the overnight dates and final rose ceremony, which is a bit of a step up from the barn in Iowa and Bachelor mansion pool we've gotten the past two seasons. 

• Love 2

Not exactly the balmy beaches of Bali, but Greece is pleasant this time of year, compared to most of Europe.  I vacationed there often while living overseas and it's a great place.  Though not many hours of daylight and it's too cold to swim, at least the final girls won't have all of their makeup melting off at the rose ceremony!  

Ok, Jamaica sounds much more appropriate for the endings than Greece in November.  And a lot cheaper.  *ROFL*  It looks like they stayed with a pretty low budget on this season too.   I think the days of exotic globe-hopping are O.V.E.R!

• Love 2

Maybe budgets, but terrorism concerns now also play into the destination decisions, I think. Planning travel must be really hard. They should do the filming all on Hollywood sets and just pretend they're in an exotic location!

• Love 4

Ok, Jamaica sounds much more appropriate for the endings than Greece in November.  And a lot cheaper.  *ROFL*  It looks like they stayed with a pretty low budget on this season too.   I think the days of exotic globe-hopping are O.V.E.R!

Men keep your wallets in your front pocket and don't leave anything of value in your hotel room.  Keep your passport on you.  Should be a relaxing time!  Better than Chris' barn though.  God that season was terrible. 

• Love 1

According to Reality Steve's post today, it appears that Caila was quite the popular girl in High School and is desperate to keep getting as much attention as possible.  Steve was sent this in an email:

“Hey Steve!

Not sure if this would be useful to you at all, but I actually sat next to Caila Quinn at the Cleveland (really more Akron area) auditions at the Hard Rock Rocksino this summer. I knew she would probably get on the show…she was wearing a SUPER sparkly white dress, perfect hair and makeup and spent almost the entire time flipping her hair around and making duck faces for pictures that I do not think were being taken. She also kept dancing in her seat to nonexistent music, which was slightly obnoxious. To me, she came across as very fake, but more power to her! It worked since she got on the show. Someone with the show walked by us, stopped and did a double take to look at her, and wrote something down, so I had a feeling she impressed someone. I also snuck a peek at her application because she was twirling it around like a psychopath, perhaps as a prop for her dance routine to no music. Lots of canned answers to the questions, plus I got to see her name. Reminded me of a less dorky Ashley Iaconetti, but definitely someone who is going to ride that wave of Bachelor fame until the last possible second.”

Steve also says this matches up well with the things he's heard thus far about Caila.   

• Love 2

Caila sounds like Britt & Ashley I got all mixed up and spit out in a new, super-duper annoying cast member.   And that's not a good thing for me.

I still plan on watching as I have to see who is who for Bachelor in Paradise 3 but as of right now, this season sounds like its going to be a dud.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1

Agreed, Bugs.  Just based on her bio, she seems very accomplished, though JoJo graduated from Baylor and has already started up her own company.  For 23 and 24, what the hell are these ladies doing with Ben?  I think it's obvious they are using the show as a way to get attention.  And I'm actually fine with that, they can both do a lot better.

As I've said before, Ben's obviously a nice guy, but he sells software.  I think Lauren the flight attendant actually sounds perfect for him.   But we'll see how it all shakes out.   

Reality Steve is out with his episode by episode spoiler today for Ben's season.

interesting that he says the final 4 goes like this:

4. Amanda

3. Caila

2. JoJo

1. Lauren Bushnell who is now engaged to Ben.

So if he's right, that leaves JoJo out of the running for Bachlorette.  

Not sure how much I'll be watching this season as the spoilers seem meh but I might give it a go.  

Ok, not a lot of startling news from Steve, but I guess Olivia did turn out to be a psycho after all!  She's the perfect example of how somebody can be great contestant "on paper", but not in real life.  But a nice guy and a nice girl end up together at the end of a nice season, so I'm sure the producers are pleased.  

Amanda would be an interesting next Bachelorette, as she lives in LA and they could probably stay almost all local there, the way they did with Emily.  Plus, her daughters do have their father that lives there too. They would REALLY need to polish her up though.  She looks a bit low-rent.   Caila might be too much of a Kaitlyn-type, over-the-top contestant to be the next lead, but I'm interested to see if I like her or dislike her.      

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 4

Ok, not a lot of startling news from Steve, but I guess Olivia did turn out to be a psycho after all!  She's the perfect example of how somebody can be great contestant "on paper", but not in real life.  But a nice guy and a nice girl end up together at the end of a nice season, so I'm sure the producers are pleased.  

Amanda would be an interesting next Bachelorette, as she lives in LA and they could probably stay almost all local there, the way they did with Emily.  Plus, her daughters do have their father that lives there too. They would REALLY need to polish her up though.  She looks a bit low-rent.   Caila might be too much of a Kaitlyn-type, over-the-top contestant to be the next lead, but I'm interested to see if I like her or dislike her.      

I am not sure if they would favor a bachette with kids.  Not a lot of young men want a ready made family.  There is a lot that comes with that and freedom is the number one downer.  You cannot take off with your lover on a romantic vacation spontaneously, or out to a movie or dinner.  Being a step parent is fraught with difficulties.   Men who apply for a bach position are usually young to mid 20s.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

We don't know what her custody arrangement with her ex husband is, but since they both live in LA, it's probably shared.  And young, single moms can find guys that are ok with kids.  Plus, if the dad is paying child support, then the new hubby isn't footing the bill entirely for the kids.

I don't actually think Amanda will be the next Bachelorette, but I think the show could find guys that say they're willing to participate and would give it a shot for the exposure.   Whether she would end up with a new husband is pretty unlikely.  But she would be the first with 2 kids if they decided to swing that way.  And we know they love to do things for THE.FIRST.TIME.EVER! 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

Agreed, Bugs.  Just based on her bio, she seems very accomplished, though JoJo graduated from Baylor and has already started up her own company.

You're right, I did miss that. After a dozen consecutive girls from Florida with "lifestyle brands" I stopped reading every word.

FYI, the girls have started to re-activate their social media accounts. RS has been updating the bios page accordingly.

• Love 1

As long as Ben wasn't sneaking down to Lauren's room to engage in "fiance type stuff" while her roommate was in the shower, I can deal with it being an "obvious" F1. Especially because the editors will have enough footage to create doubt. It was just that Kaitlyn was such a trainwreck that they pretty much gave up on trying to make it look like it was anybody other than Shawn.

• Love 3

I'm calling it now: after Caila is booted, she goes right back to the boyfriend whom she ditched to go on the show, they'll get engaged and live happily ever after. I'm getting strong Rycroft vibes from her.

I'll second that.  She'll have the ring by the end of the summer.   And please Fleiss, no Caila as the bachelorette as her pretty pink princess vibe is so annoying.  And soooooo FAKE!  

It looks like from the preview that the main players (besides Ben/Lauren B) are going to be Lace, the twins, Jubilee, Becca, Caila, and Olivia which pretty much matches Reality Steve's spoilers.  

Edited by CindyBee

Even though JoJo is F2, I hope she's the next Bachelorette (they really wanted Chantal back in the day, so they can definitely make it happen if they really want), because if the spoilers are correct, then the only other real options are Britt 2.0, Emily Maynard 2.0, a 22 year old cocktail waitress from Las Vegas (whose twin was on the same season for 4 episodes!) or..... Becca. Yikes.

• Love 3

I liked JoJo more than I thought I would.  She's got a sincerity that seems pretty legit.  And some pretty obvious chemistry between Ben & Lauren B, so that looked  real.  

I was surprised that Lauren was the first one out of the limo.  Don't they usually edit the final person to be the first or last one out?  

JoJo is what a Bachelorette is supposed to be: a catch. Hot (self-evident), smart (went to Baylor) and comes from money (a 24-year-old house-flipper). As opposed to tacky beauty-school dropout Kaitlyn. You won't see guys voluntarily leaving JoJo's season.

• Love 2

Add me to the list that wants JoJo to get  the bachelorette gig as that season could be epic with a bunch of out of work "fitness instructors"  and mactors vying for her affections.   Pretty Pink princess Caila and mom of two Amanda, not so much as they'd be bailing like they were on the deck of the Titanic.  

Yeah for the first time I can remember Fleiss didn't mess with the limo entrance of the final 1 and just showed Lauren B coming out when she did, first.   

• Love 2

Even though JoJo is F2, I hope she's the next Bachelorette (they really wanted Chantal back in the day, so they can definitely make it happen if they really want), because if the spoilers are correct, then the only other real options are Britt 2.0, Emily Maynard 2.0, a 22 year old cocktail waitress from Las Vegas (whose twin was on the same season for 4 episodes!) or..... Becca. Yikes.

Becca seems to be a nice person, but she's very boring on TV. Maybe she'll be more articulate this season, but I doubt it.

Edited because Becca's name is not Be Careful

Edited by Stinamaia
  • Love 1

I vowed that if they made Nick the Bachelor over Ben, I would boycott the season.  And I have watched every single season of both shows.  But if they are stupid, short-sighted and brain dead enough to make Becca The Bachelorette, I will absolutely boycott.  Not that it would matter overall, but it would allow me to sleep at night. 

My oldest pointed out, before she asked for spoilers, that Ben was flirting with Lauren B harder than she was flirting with him. She said he acted like she was the Bachelorette. I'm impressed by her observation.

My household is already taking bets on BIP possibilities. (And I don't even let my kids watch that show. They've just heard me make fun of it.) Right now we're considering uncomfortable teeth cleaner Mandi & slurs her words stalker in training Lace. The obvious bets, IMO, are the twins. I can imagine Mikey rubbing his hands together in anticipation.

Small mean note: several of those girls are unfortunate looking to me. I don't know how else to describe it. They aren't ugly. They're sort of attractive at a glance, but spend a moment looking & they're just unfortunate. Maybe he sent most of those home. There are still too many & I don't know them all yet. Though I thought red-headed Laura was really pretty & seemed to have it together. Stupid Ben should've kept for for awhile longer.

• Love 3

Small mean note: several of those girls are unfortunate looking to me. I don't know how else to describe it. They aren't ugly. They're sort of attractive at a glance, but spend a moment looking & they're just unfortunate. Maybe he sent most of those home. There are still too many & I don't know them all yet. Though I thought red-headed Laura was really pretty & seemed to have it together. Stupid Ben should've kept for for awhile longer.

I also noticed/thought the same thing for some of the girls. Although I thought they all were pretty when getting out of the limit, once they were all sitting around there were a few that I thought weren't nearly as attractive as the others (& honestly, Lauren B was one of them... when she was sitting on the couch talking to Ben I noticed it, but that's just my opinion too). Whereas some, like Lace and {another one that got barely any screen time} I thought were just naturally stunning.

Which, speaking of Lace, I don't think she'll last long. Not sure if RS has posted any specifics about her yet, but based on the season teaser at the end and just how naturally psycho she is, I can't imagine Ben dealing with her for any longer than the producers make him. It looks like she hits someone in the eye then goes home!