Type keyword(s) to search

Supernatural Fanfiction

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

Instead of being merely a weapon and tool for some "greater" being, Michael was the weapon and tool of "lowly human" Dean. I like to think that that was Dean's final "fuck you" to Zachariah. 

I love this viewpoint and I agree!

• Love 4
On 6/24/2018 at 3:29 PM, BabySpinach said:

What I meant was that this video ingeniously made it seem, through great editing, that Dean's Michael endgame was the plan all along, which we categorically know to not be the case. It's fans that do most of the work when it comes to thematically connecting various seasons of the show into a cohesive whole. The writers nowadays just fling things at the wall and gauge the viewers' reactions, and once in a while, by sheer chance or desperation, they hit upon something that makes thematic sense and develops an earlier story/character element further.

I didn't get that "endgame" plan.  I thought it was an excellent video showing how all of Dean's life experience led him to a moment where he would do something we thought he never would do.  But "endgame"?  I usually associate that with end of the series... we are far from that I think.

As for 'flinging things at the wall', I think you do a great disservice to the writers.  I think they care a great deal and while some bits are a fail for me, I think they generally hit the mark.

On 6/24/2018 at 3:39 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Agree. This is not the Michael that was wanted (by some) or foreshadowed - most certainly not the endgame that was envisioned when Zachariah told Dean he was the Michael sword. No one will ever convince me of that. There really isn't a logical reason Dean is the AU Michael's vessel, IMO, but that's another post.

And again IMO, the reason this creator was able to put this absolutely awesome video together, is largely, IMO, thanks to Jensen's acting. His gift in taking the most mediocre writing and infusing it with emotion, characterization, and too often, the history of Dean that the words don't always provide. Spectacular video. Huge kudos to the creator. It's one I'll watch again and again.

It being AUMichael is 100% consistent with "give them what they expect but not in the way they expect it".  That Kim Manner's credo has driven all 13 seasons.  I don't get how people could NOT see this coming.  

While ITA Jensen's acting is what makes Dean's character so relatable, he doesn't write the story.  This season along: have his nightmare be about Mary buning, his readiness to die conversation w/ Death, his anger at losing Gabriel's grace.  Those are written scenes.  Brilliantly acted, but the self-sacrifice plot comes from the writers.  And it was there from Day 1. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:15 AM, BabySpinach said:

Awesome tribute to Dean that connects plot from season 4 and 5 to 13 in a way that the writers frankly don't deserve. I've watched it multiple times for how well the song fits and the scenes that were chosen!

This was Amazing. But I have to agree that most of it was Jensen and the writers trying to catch up/stay with him as Dean's journey unfolded. I can't help but feel that it felt like pulling teeth to get them to finally allow Jensen to play/portray the Archangel Michael.

One of the biggest reasons that the freeze frame didn't bother me as much as it apparently bothered others, is that there is no turning back from this now. Dean has let Michael in and no kind or sort of fan wanking can deny that fact, at this point. And I have been living for Jensen to play Michael since S2 as far as this show is concerned; and AU Michael in the finale was exactly who I also saw OurWorldMichael as being-before he was sent to the cage, that is. And to be even more honest, I don't even think I need to see that Michael any longer, nor do I want to considering the mess that Dabb and co. would likely make of it all and how unlikely it would be that they would actually and always keep the character strictly Dean-connected.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 1

tumblr_p9o70lPbz81scygdto1_540.png

tumblr_p9o70lPbz81scygdto2_540.png

This was a piece I did a couple of months ago. Not my best, but I just had to draw something in honor of Michael!Dean FINALLY becoming a thing. I usually do fan art of animated characters, so this was my first live action subject. I tried my best to maintain some level of resemblance to Jensen. This piece is also on my blog, so if this pic somehow leads anyone there just know that I didn't steal and take credit for it, lol.

• Love 9

This isn't about SPN, but I thought other Fanfiction aficionados might enjoy this...

I finished reading Matilda to my 4 year olds. My son started blubbering about the ending because

Spoiler

"I want Matilda and the brother to be together."

After all the normal discussions

Spoiler

("you and your sister will be together, we won’t break up the family")

I explained "Maybe we could write a fan fiction story of Matilda where

Spoiler

she and her brother get to stay together.

Sometimes when people don’t like how a story went, they write their own version that they do like." He was Down To Fanfic. If he ever writes for SPN I’ll make sure to post here ?

Start 'em young!

Edited by takalotti
  • Love 3

Every time I hear Feel It Still by Portugal. The Man, I picture a potential Dean Winchester fanvid. I’ve done a few searches and only found a short Casifer piece and one made up of Behind the Scenes clips. I have no technical skills to create what I’m seeing in my head so I would be beyond thrilled if someone took this outline of ideas and rolled with it.

Can't keep my hands to myself
Think I'll dust 'em off, put 'em back up on the shelf
In case my little baby girl is in need
Am I coming out of left field?

Ooh woo, I'm a rebel just for kicks, now [plenty of "Dean being a rebel" clips or kicking, or for fun, that time he clicks his heels]
I been feeling it since 1966, now [clips from Dean sent into the 60s]
Might be over now, but I feel it still
Ooh woo, I'm a rebel just for kicks, now
Let me kick it like it's 1986, now [Weechesters being wee]

Got another mouth to feed [either clips from when they take care of the baby shapeshifter, or Wee!Dean taking care of Wee!Sam]
Leave her with a baby sitter, mama, call the grave digger [so many grave digging clips]
Gone with the fallen leaves [raking leaves at Lisa's]

We could fight a war for peace [lots of war-type clips]
(Ooh woo, I'm a rebel just for kicks, now)
Give in to that easy living [clips from their sitcom? Or life with Lisa?]
Goodbye to my hopes and dreams
Stop flipping for my enemies [no clips of enemies, unfortunately. Oh wait...]
We could wait until the walls come down [when they try to sledgehammer the bunker wall]
It's time to give a little to the
Kids in the middle, but oh 'til it falls
Won't bother me

Is it coming? [slow-mos of Dean looking over his shoulder for a supernatural entity]
Is it coming?
Is it coming?
Is it coming?
Is it coming?
Is it coming back?

Ooh woo, I'm a rebel just for kicks, yeah
Your love is an abyss for my heart to eclipse, now

On 11/14/2018 at 5:57 PM, juppschmitz said:

Is it ok to link an episode coda here?

I highly recommend @hunenka's "Eggshells". Just Dean at Donnie:s with a drink and his thoughts. 

(https://archiveofourown.org/works/16622294)

Insight into the character is exactly what the episode missed.

3 hours ago, hunenka said:

Thanks for reccing my fic, @juppschmitz, and thank you for the compliments, @DeeDee79 and @ILoveReading!

Just quoting you both here so a) to let you know there is a fic thread here and b) for posterity in case your posts get zapped in the episode thread, but most importantly c) to tell you, @hunenka that I loved your coda. I so wish that the current actual writer's of SPN had the insight into Dean (and honestly, to any of the original characters) that you have shown in your writing. Bravo!

It's a credit to you that I wanted to do some serious flipping of tables when I realized the AU'bies were even invading Dean's refuge. Grrr!

• Love 3
On 9/26/2018 at 3:36 AM, takalotti said:

Every time I hear Feel It Still by Portugal. The Man, I picture a potential Dean Winchester fanvid. I’ve done a few searches and only found a short Casifer piece and one made up of Behind the Scenes clips. I have no technical skills to create what I’m seeing in my head so I would be beyond thrilled if someone took this outline of ideas and rolled with it.

Can't keep my hands to myself
Think I'll dust 'em off, put 'em back up on the shelf
In case my little baby girl is in need

Ooh woo, I'm a rebel just for kicks, now [plenty of "Dean being a rebel" clips or kicking, or for fun, that time he clicks his heels]
I been feeling it since 1966, now [clips from Dean sent into the 60s]
Ooh woo, I'm a rebel just for kicks, now
Let me kick it like it's 1986, now [Weechesters being wee]

Got another mouth to feed [either clips from when they take care of the baby shapeshifter, or Wee!Dean taking care of Wee!Sam]
Leave her with a baby sitter, mama, call the grave digger [so many grave digging clips]
Gone with the fallen leaves [raking leaves at Lisa's]

We could fight a war for peace [lots of war-type clips]
Give in to that easy living [clips from their sitcom? Or life with Lisa?]
Goodbye to my hopes and dreams
Stop flipping for my enemies [no clips of enemies, unfortunately. Oh wait...]
We could wait until the walls come down [when they try to sledgehammer the bunker wall]
It's time to give a little to the
Kids in the middle, but oh 'til it falls
Won't bother me

Is it coming? [slow-mos of Dean looking over his shoulder for a supernatural entity]
Is it coming?
Is it coming?
Is it coming?
Is it coming?
Is it coming back?

Ooh woo, I'm a rebel just for kicks, yeah
Your love is an abyss for my heart to eclipse, now

Crap. May have to make this one.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Just quoting you both here so a) to let you know there is a fic thread here and b) for posterity in case your posts get zapped in the episode thread, but most importantly c) to tell you, @hunenka that I loved your coda. I so wish that the current actual writer's of SPN had the insight into Dean (and honestly, to any of the original characters) that you have shown in your writing. Bravo!

It's a credit to you that I wanted to do some serious flipping of tables when I realized the AU'bies were even invading Dean's refuge. Grrr!

Thank you so much! (*runs off to the fic thread to look for goodies*)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Ah, ok, duly noted. However, what if the fic is an episode tag? And as such is kind of a comment to the episode, just in fic mode? Will it get zapped in that case, too? *wonders*

• Love 1
4 hours ago, juppschmitz said:

Ah, ok, duly noted. However, what if the fic is an episode tag? And as such is kind of a comment to the episode, just in fic mode? Will it get zapped in that case, too? *wonders*

I honestly don't know - just wanted to give you a heads up in case it did go bye-bye :)

• Love 1

I just came across a crossover I'd read years ago and enjoyed.  It's on fanfiction.net and it's called "Don't Judge a Book," by sbgrrl (I'll try the link but I'm not sure I'll get it right:  https://www.fanfiction.net/Simon-and-Simon-and-Supernatural-Crossovers/433/2237/)

I know--it sounds like a weird crossover but I think it actually works.  Appropriately, considering when the show was, Dean and Sam are Weechesters.

1 hour ago, bethy said:

Rick & AJ Simon with Weechesters? I’m gonna have to try this one - thanks for sharing!

This is oddly coincidental. I haven't thought about Simon and Simon for years, but just yesterday, my nephew and his wife and children were visiting me here in San Diego. We drove by the county administration building that was always featured in the opening credits and I said, "Hey do you guys remember the show Simon and Simon? They used to show that building right there in the show!".

Weird.

• Love 2

I always loved "Simon & Simon" - my favorite characters back in the day. Actually, IMO, their brotherly dynamic is very similar to Dean and Sam. Rick is four years older than A.J. Rick is tough, been through war, street-smart, and the guy who enjoys fun. A.J. is college educated, trained in detective work, serious and doesn't seem to have too much fun. He's also very exasperated by Rick's antics on many occasions.

• Love 3

5c1a02e1b8d75_MichaelII.thumb.png.6ec11446e13da7a065d521a9159430f9.png

In honor of Michael!Dean's return, I thought I'd do another drawing of him. Since my first piece was in blue (like a lot of fan works of him are), I thought I'd go the opposite route this time with the fiery fury of Heaven's general!

• Love 10

Though I’m a Destiel(Realist) at my core, there’s been some chatter lately about Dean/Donna fanfic. I’m intrigued, so I was wondering if anyone had any recs. 

I’m fine with AU or canon (including adjacent or divergent) as long as the characterizations are done well. 

TIA!

JA.png.0e31679dfb62a818f6969eb363db39b3.png

Decided to try doing a realistic portrait for the first time ever. Naturally, my choice of subject was a no-brainer.

ETA: @gonzosgirrl Definitely digital. Allowed me to tweak and correct to my heart's content until I was satisfied. And thanks!

Edited by BabySpinach
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, BabySpinach said:

JA.png.0e31679dfb62a818f6969eb363db39b3.png

Decided to try doing a realistic portrait for the first time ever. Naturally, my choice of subject was a no-brainer.

This is wonderful! You did a great job capturing him, especially his mouth and brow line. Is this drawn on paper or digital?

• Love 3

@SueB and the rest of you guys who were joking in the speculation thread about a throwing Dean in the box into the ocean and having a crossover between SPN and The Abyss. Well darn you all (in the nicest way possible, of course) because I couldn't get it out of my head and now I have started writing the stupid thing.

I'm not saying it's good or worth reading, but I am saying it is all your fault that it now exists. 

I was going to link to it but I'm incompetent (further proof of that is the spoiler tag I just inserted by accident and now can't delete, sigh). Anyway as sort of a parental custody notice, the mutated spawn of your original brainchild is called The Abyss Gazes Back and the first chapter is posted on ao3.

Spoiler

Also, if you guys want to read some stories that are actually good, check out an author named trevelies on ao3. They have written several awesome canon-compliant stories since Michael!Dean popped back into the season. I've really enjoyed them and thought I'd plug them here in case anyone was interested.

• Love 3

I've made a terrible mistake. Surfing fanfic in hopes of a more satisfying version of the 300th, I saw more than one with a synopsis in which Mary finds herself pregnant as a result of John's visit from the past. 

There is not enough bleach in the world.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I've made a terrible mistake. Surfing fanfic in hopes of a more satisfying version of the 300th, I saw more than one with a synopsis in which Mary finds herself pregnant as a result of John's visit from the past. 

😖

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Wateroflife said:

I wasn't very creative with his name. I was picturing Lawrence Fishburne in my head. Also Kay was Olivia Colman. Don't ask me why...

Those work for me!

9 hours ago, Wateroflife said:

I wasn't very creative with his name. I was picturing Lawrence Fishburne in my head. Also Kay was Olivia Colman. Don't ask me why...

I know nothing about this fic (yet), but if Collie is in it, I'll check it out 😄

I read a really well-written fanfic yesterday. It's a story about Dean, Cas, and Benny in Purgatory. The writer happened to mention it in a comment on a site that has nothing to do with SPN, so I got curious -- and was blown away.

So Much for Penance, by MorningBirdsong

Please let me know if it's not kosher to link to to "random" fanfic like this, the whole thing is very new to me.

ETA:  Also, it's sort of slash, but it stays within canon.

Edited by rue721
On 2/15/2019 at 3:51 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

I've made a terrible mistake. Surfing fanfic... 

This made me laugh. Browsing fanfic summaries and tags can be a strange experience. It has opened my innocent eyes up to the existence of some bizarre facets of human experience. If only bleach worked... But other times I just roll on the floor laughing (like when I saw those Mary pregnancy ones). And every once in awhile you stumble on a good one...

1 hour ago, Wateroflife said:

This made me laugh. Browsing fanfic summaries and tags can be a strange experience. It has opened my innocent eyes up to the existence of some bizarre facets of human experience. If only bleach worked... But other times I just roll on the floor laughing (like when I saw those Mary pregnancy ones). And every once in awhile you stumble on a good one...

Couldn't agree more. Some of the best fiction I have ever read, period, has been fan fiction. Both in this fandom and the one that lead me to it. It actually blows my mind that there is such a wealth of talent, shared so freely (literally and figuratively). It inspired me to dabble in it myself.

Speaking of tags though, I just saw this on Twitter and it is hilarious. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Lemuria said:

Wow, that is one incredible editing job. And it reminds us that if you remove all the soapy nonsense, this is not a show for children!  😳

Good job.  The only thing that annoyed me was the narrator mispronouncing names.  I did, however, *love* that he called him "Andrew Drabb."  

• Love 2
On 2/21/2019 at 7:34 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Speaking of tags though, I just saw this on Twitter and it is hilarious. 

I just about died laughing at “Angry Snuggling”. That being said while many of the tags are hilarious and ridiculous the “Dean is bad at feelings” tag is used so often on AO3 that it’s rage inducing. 😡

2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I legit LOL'd at this.  Poor Demon!Dean!

http://yuki00yo.tumblr.com/image/182192986562

tumblr_ploxkzGP1O1rwykjco1_1280.jpg

This is too cute!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I had an idea for a story and it's been a while for me to even try writing.  So I'm trying to figure out how to spell what someone experiences in Supernatural heaven.  So would this be correct--  memorx heaven   Or is there something else that would make sense.  Of course, I'm tired since I just finished our play contest, but I thought the show had a nickname for heaven's experiences...any suggestions or ideas?

5 hours ago, 7kstar said:

I had an idea for a story and it's been a while for me to even try writing.  So I'm trying to figure out how to spell what someone experiences in Supernatural heaven.  So would this be correct--  memorx heaven   Or is there something else that would make sense.  Of course, I'm tired since I just finished our play contest, but I thought the show had a nickname for heaven's experiences...any suggestions or ideas?

I think it's Memorex.

It's referring to a brand of blank CDs/DVDs that people burned music mixes and home videos onto.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, 7kstar said:

Superwiki can be quite helpful for fic writers. It is Dean who calls it Memorex, in Dark Side of The Moon. There is also a whole page about Heaven and its place in Supernatural.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rue721 said:

I think it's Memorex.

It's referring to a brand of blank CDs/DVDs that people burned music mixes and home videos onto.

Does anyone remember the original commercials for Memorex that had the tagline:  Is it live [or real] or is it Memorex?  It was originally for audio cassettes where people supposedly couldn't tell whether the sound was someone singing live or recorded, and was used for videotapes and so on.  (I couldn't find the original commercial with Ella Fitzgerald breaking a glass with her singing, which was repeated by the memorex version, but here's a commercial for videotape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZyFcJcZiaU )

Anyway, that's the idea of SPN heaven:  that it looked/sounded real, but was just a recorded copy. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

Does anyone remember the original commercials for Memorex that had the tagline:  Is it live [or real] or is it Memorex?  It was originally for audio cassettes where people supposedly couldn't tell whether the sound was someone singing live or recorded, and was used for videotapes and so on.  (I couldn't find the original commercial with Ella Fitzgerald breaking a glass with her singing, which was repeated by the memorex version, but here's a commercial for videotape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZyFcJcZiaU )

Anyway, that's the idea of SPN heaven:  that it looked/sounded real, but was just a recorded copy. 

Is it this commercial?

She doesn't break the glass, but everything else sounds like you described, and the tagline at the end shows the glass breaking.