Type keyword(s) to search

Supernatural Fanfiction

• Start Topic

Just now, auntvi said:

The only initials actually carved on the table are "DW" and "SW".  I don't know what that other one is supposed to be, but it's fanon.

I don't think anyone is saying it's canon.  I like the sentiment in the video. Cas is family. He could have a place on that table now. That's the nice thing about fanfiction, it can be in text or video. This fandom is really creative.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, sarvenaz said:

Any Destiel shippers out there?

If not, my apologies. Accept this fun video of the cast dancing to make up for it.

Not a Destiel shipper in any way, but I do believe in the profound bond and friendship/brotherhood of Dean and Castiel. And I gotta admit that

Spoiler

this BTS from the set yesterday gave my heart a little jolt

Cuz...

tumblr_inline_naaahrt6Ku1qjjzql.gif

• Love 2
On 8/31/2017 at 1:50 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Not a Destiel shipper in any way, but I do believe in the profound bond and friendship/brotherhood of Dean and Castiel. And I gotta admit that

Reveal hidden contents

Cuz...

Aww don't remind me....At least we'll have the gag-reel in one week and I can pretend it's actually Cas laughing....

• Love 1
On 8/31/2017 at 1:50 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Hide contents

Cuz...

Wow..get out of my head! The same thing ran through my mind as well!

On 8/31/2017 at 10:33 AM, sarvenaz said:

Any Destiel shippers out there?

If not, my apologies. Accept this fun video of the cast dancing to make up for it.

I'm not a Destiel shipper but I have read a fic or two just to see if I could get into it. Then again I'm guilty of reading Dean slashed with damn near everyone on the show ?

7 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I liked how she always had Dean saying "SAMMY" in low shouty voice.

And Cas apologizing for burning Pamela's eyes out "I'm sooo sorry" LOL

Oh and "It me" whenever someone new is introduced.

And also, "Cas is back, back...back again...."

• Love 1
On 9/22/2017 at 3:50 PM, catrox14 said:

Awwww. This is so cute. I would like it if this happened in the premiere. Not a spoiler because Cas was dead with Dean by his side in the 12.23 finale. Just wishful thinking.

tumblr_owol9tCWac1wyv4uzo1_500.gif

Just like in 

SPOILER

Tangled!

Sidenote: I'm concerned that I have issues with color perception. In all the cartoon fan art I see and all the fanfic I read, Dean is always portrayed as having sandy brown hair like this. But when I watch the show or con videos or see pictures of the actors, I swear they both have dark brown hair. I see no color difference between Jensen's and Misha's hair. What am I missing?

Edited by takalotti
Spoiler for a different story
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, takalotti said:

Sidenote: I'm concerned that I have issues with color perception. In all the cartoon fan art I see and all the fanfic I read, Dean is always portrayed as having sandy brown hair like this. But when I watch the show or con videos or see pictures of the actors, I swear they both have dark brown hair. I see no color difference between Jensen's and Misha's hair. What am I missing?

You're not missing anything. I don't know why Dean is shown with blonde hair at all. Maybe it's just an in joke with fanart creators?

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

You're not missing anything. I don't know why Dean is shown with blonde hair at all. Maybe it's just an in joke with fanart creators?

When he was young, he was blonde (or nearly).  He also had light brown hair in Smallville, and sometimes at cons it looks lighter than Misha's.  It depends on the lighting.   But for some reason, a lot of fans like to think of him as blonde.

62885_2006teensca_arrival_10.thumb.jpg.bc0389dca8c91bdc8082d8f6aeec7d22.jpg

Edited by ahrtee
17 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

When he was young, he was blonde (or nearly).  He also had light brown hair in Smallville, and sometimes at cons it looks lighter than Misha's.  It depends on the lighting.   But for some reason, a lot of fans like to think of him as blonde.

Jensen's hair through the years.

When he was a kid he was blonde but his hair was dark if not brown by the time he was  on Days of Our Lives. This is a fun website with all of his hairstyles. LOL Google is great.  His hair in Smallville was lightened. He said that at a con. His hair in Dark Angel and Dawson's Creek was on the darker side.Even in the first season of SPN he didn't have blonde hair not even dark or ash blond hair. I don't know why they have "Dean" with blonde hair at all. LOL

But enjoy this trip down memory lane

http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread-Jensen-Ackles-Hairstyles-Haircuts-and-Hair-Style-Guide-with-Pictures

Days of Our Lives :

jensenpic7.jpgf5555283.jpg

YRbCBIO.jpg600full-jensen-ackles.jpg

tumblr_lyhpvxyv2c1qb5cr1o2_500.jpgtumblr_mjbyzgtKxU1rwspw9o1_500.jpgtumblr_lp0jbbptuy1qcb22l.jpg500px-Jensen_Ackles_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.j

• Love 2
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Dean bean has freckles. And Black Forest Sam has a laptop. Oh my Chuck.

At least Dean has the right hair color LOL

That's another thing I've always been oblivious to! I never would have known Jensen had freckles if it weren't for fanfiction/fanart. It's brought up in so many stories. (Misha's nipple freckle isn't as frequently mentioned, but when I saw it come up more than once I was like "Wait, maybe this is real and not a thing made up for one story." Then I felt very self conscious googling pictures of Misha topless to confirm.) I don't care about freckles either way, but it just stands out to me how big of a deal is made about his freckles. 

On a related note, I once saw a video of a Con where Jensen held his arm out to Misha to show him a watch or something, and Misha gave the audience a sly smile and said, "He's showing me his freckles." Well played, Misha. Well played.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, takalotti said:

That's another thing I've always been oblivious to! I never would have known Jensen had freckles if it weren't for fanfiction/fanart. It's brought up in so many stories. (Misha's nipple freckle isn't as frequently mentioned, but when I saw it come up more than once I was like "Wait, maybe this is real and not a thing made up for one story." Then I felt very self conscious googling pictures of Misha topless to confirm.) I don't care about freckles either way, but it just stands out to me how big of a deal is made about his freckles. 

You don't see his freckles much on the show because of makeup, lighting, etc., but they show up in photos of Jensen in daylight. (Look closer at some of the pictures posted above when we were talking about his hair color.)   I frankly am tickled by them, because I love the idea of a hardcore, badass killer of monsters with something as innocent-looking as freckles.  

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Interesting 'character study' of Sam by a Dean fan:

Interesting indeed. Some of those things Sam deserved to feel guilty for, and some he certainly didn't. I'm not sure I'd call it a character study though.

What's more interesting to me is that in the several times I've rewatched 8x01 and the reunion scene, this is the first time I noticed that Sam said 'the whole year?' when Dean said he'd been in Purgatory. Uhhh, did he think maybe he'd been at the mall for part of it and just didn't bother to call? LOL!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Interesting indeed. Some of those things Sam deserved to feel guilty for, and some he certainly didn't. I'm not sure I'd call it a character study though.

What's more interesting to me is that in the several times I've rewatched 8x01 and the reunion scene, this is the first time I noticed that Sam said 'the whole year?' when Dean said he'd been in Purgatory. Uhhh, did he think maybe he'd been at the mall for part of it and just didn't bother to call? LOL!

Oh wow. I have watched that episode countless times, and I never noticed that either. Huh. 

Going back to Dean's hair color being called blonde in fanfic, he's also usually said to have pudge on his stomach/waist area all the time. I have to wonder where that comes from, are there chubby Jensen photos I've missed somewhere? LOL

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, trxr4kids said:

Going back to Dean's hair color being called blonde in fanfic, he's also usually said to have pudge on his stomach/waist area all the time. I have to wonder where that comes from, are there chubby Jensen photos I've missed somewhere? LOL

I assume people might get the impression due to the fact that his diet of pie, beer and an assortment of greasy diner food would lead to some pudge anywhere, but TV land. 

Not that Dean is the only character on tv guilty of this haha.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I assume people might get the impression due to the fact that his diet of pie, beer and an assortment of greasy diner food would lead to some pudge anywhere, but TV land. 

Not that Dean is the only character on tv guilty of this haha.

IMO, since both Dean is constantly on the go hes burn off the whatever fat the beer, pie and diner food he eats might build.  They drive long distances but they both do run a fair amount being being chased or chasing something else. Physical fights burn a lot of calories too.  I have no issue with their levels of fitness. :) Plus some rebuilding and angel healing helps :)

1 hour ago, trxr4kids said:

I think that is the stupid "dad bod" thing. Jensen doesn't have a 12 pack but he's got a nice build with a flat stomach.  I think they just want to make Dean a little pudgy cause otherwise he'd be perfect LOL

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, takalotti said:

The only stories I can think of that mention Dean having some belly pudge are AU ones. So he's still the same pie/beer/burger chowing Dean, but without the super active life of being a hunter. So maybe that's why?

Eh, I've read stories that are supposed to be cannon until they become destial and the pudge is mentioned. It's like the weird hair color, it's persistent. LOL

Speaking of weird hair color mentions in fanfic, Castiel does not have black hair and isn't short AFAIK. 

Sam isn't that much taller than Dean and Cas, it's literally a few inches according to IMDB, not feet. 

25 minutes ago, trxr4kids said:

Speaking of weird hair color mentions in fanfic, Castiel does not have black hair and isn't short AFAIK. 

And he's not slim and pale either. Cas is buff and 6'1". Why they make him small other than CHIBI style is beyond me LOL

• Love 1

I have an odd question for this thread - is it okay to plug one's own works? I've been told it's hard to find a gen Dean & Cas fic which my Tropefest piece ended up being. I am a slashy writer and prefer if yall just didn't read the rest but when I heard how hard gen fics are to find I thought I might offer mine up. I don't think it's good but it's around. 

Of course I have the authors I read and can always rec depending on one's interests. :)

4 minutes ago, Airmid said:

I have an odd question for this thread - is it okay to plug one's own works? I've been told it's hard to find a gen Dean & Cas fic which my Tropefest piece ended up being. I am a slashy writer and prefer if yall just didn't read the rest but when I heard how hard gen fics are to find I thought I might offer mine up. I don't think it's good but it's around. 

Of course I have the authors I read and can always rec depending on one's interests. :)

I don't think there's a problem, or at least I don't have one ;) I always look forward to good fic recs because spnstoryfinders is mostly wincest which I don't like. Could you put up the link for your work?

• Love 1

I can though I can't promise it's good. 

My Tropefest piece: https://archiveofourown.org/works/12040935

The other piece I have that is meant to platonic and much shorter than the above: https://archiveofourown.org/works/10506009

I am a slashy writer most of the time and don't expect people over here to go for that. These two pieces are my platonic portion. I hope there is some enjoyment in them for those seeking it. :)

I'll just toss this out there, my favorite story I've written for this fandom is Most Beautiful: https://archiveofourown.org/works/9301487

I always end up in slash for this fandom for some reason but there's a couple I'd rec even if you aren't into the pairing:

Candle_beck - beautiful writing even if you aren't into the Wincest angle. I actually couldn't stand the Wincest thing before reading these works and while I still don't go whole hog for it the writing she uses is just beautiful. http://candle-beck.livejournal.com/125810.html#cutid3

Entangled Now - she is prolific and you might find something you like. Her writing is slashy, sorry guys, but it is good and I love How Traditions Get Started. Her AO3 account is here:  https://archiveofourown.org/users/entanglednow/pseuds/entanglednow/

I do take guest comments on my work and as long as it isn't a troll (which I have never gotten) I let comments stand. So feel free to message me about how I messed up. :)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Airmid said:

I can though I can't promise it's good. 

My Tropefest piece: https://archiveofourown.org/works/12040935

The other piece I have that is meant to platonic and much shorter than the above: https://archiveofourown.org/works/10506009

I am a slashy writer most of the time and don't expect people over here to go for that. These two pieces are my platonic portion. I hope there is some enjoyment in them for those seeking it. :)

I'll just toss this out there, my favorite story I've written for this fandom is Most Beautiful: https://archiveofourown.org/works/9301487

I always end up in slash for this fandom for some reason but there's a couple I'd rec even if you aren't into the pairing:

Candle_beck - beautiful writing even if you aren't into the Wincest angle. I actually couldn't stand the Wincest thing before reading these works and while I still don't go whole hog for it the writing she uses is just beautiful. http://candle-beck.livejournal.com/125810.html#cutid3

Entangled Now - she is prolific and you might find something you like. Her writing is slashy, sorry guys, but it is good and I love How Traditions Get Started. Her AO3 account is here:  https://archiveofourown.org/users/entanglednow/pseuds/entanglednow/

I do take guest comments on my work and as long as it isn't a troll (which I have never gotten) I let comments stand. So feel free to message me about how I messed up. :)

Thanks for the recs! I enjoy both slash & gen fics and it's always nice to have something new to read :)

• Love 2

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread for this, but it's fan-created art, so...   This artist and her 'canvas' won the costume contest at TorCon with body art dedicated to Castiel, which took her 24 hours to create. Then, after the contest, she proceeded to start over and create this for J2 on Sunday. Incredible!

• Love 2