Type keyword(s) to search

Supernatural Fanfiction

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Cambion said:

The characterizations were spot on.

Thanks so much for the kind words, especially these. Getting the voices right is goal number one for me and it makes me happy when people think I succeeded. This story in particular was a challenge because I wrote it in 2017, unfortunately long after I stopped seeing/believing in this kind of mutual love and understanding between the brothers. It's no secret I'm a Dean girl in my heart and always have been, but I really, truly loved the brother bond in early seasons. It was hard to write either of them without the baggage of ten more years influencing their voices. So again, thanks for the validation - it is much appreciated. 🙂

• Love 3

Due to teaching duties and health I haven't really been writing but here are some of mine although I did write in other fandom besides Supernatural.  The short stories should be safe. 

Vanished isn't finished and most likely weird as I was dealing with lots of weird stuff at the time.

I don't consider myself a great writer, just someone that is trying to write and erase the past thoughts that I'm a terrible writer.  I've improved a lot.  And I've read a lot of stories including Readings more than once.

Below should take you to the link, but I'm kinda of easy to find on fanfiction net if you know how to search writers.  🙂

7kstar

• Love 1
On 11/12/2019 at 5:42 AM, gonzosgirrl said:

I wrote a couple, both Dean-leaning but brotherhood-friendly 😁

My Empire of Dirt

Three Strikes

Finally got around to "Three Strikes", and yes, it brought me back to the times when I felt these guys were true brothers. Agree with everyone that you have their voices/actions from that time drawn perfectly. Alas, wanting all things Dean these days when we don't get them from the show, my heart belongs to "Empire". Thanks for sharing your talents with us. Brava!!!

• Love 2

So, since we can bounce ideas in this thread...

I do enter challenges sometimes and this time it's pick a number, get assigned a flower, and use the definition from one of the sites provided along with trying to incorporate the flower itself into the story. We can also use outside lore.

Mine is Nightshade, meaning provided "dark thoughts", also connected with deception, danger, and death along with connection to Atropos - who we saw in S6 My Heart Will Go On.

Should be easy considering this series, but I'm stuck. I don't want it to be a dirge and surprisingly I'm just drawing a big giant blank. 

Anyone have any random thoughts on this one? Not looking for a full story outline or anything, just curious as to other's thoughts. 

Hmm, interesting challenge.

Well, I'll have to think on it maybe some more, but an interesting thing about the nightshade - or deadly nightshade, Atropa belladonna - is that it belongs to a family of plants, the Solanaceae (also called the Nightshade family) that contains everything from the pretty petunia to the edible potato, tomato, eggplant, and pepper plants. So you might call the deadly nightshade the black sheep of the family.

Wikipedia also says that Atropos (the Greek goddess) translates to "without a way forward" in Greek (don't know if that's true or not). And that women used to use juice from the berries to dilate their eyes to make them look prettier (so weird).

But the deadly properties versus the supposed making you look beautiful attributes might be something to play with. Is enhanced beauty worth the potentially harmful or deadly cost? Maybe a witch or something could be using a magical nightshade type plant to offer beauty at an ultimately terrible price. Or the women are rendered beautiful, but ultimately cause death through their beauty (are poisonous when kissed or touched, for example). An ooh snap for most women, because sure now you are beautiful, but oops you're also deadly. Though a woman who finds she enjoys that - maybe not at first, but later finds her new "power" thrilling, after all - might also be interesting.

Ehn. Sorry, about that. I'm out of practice with my fanfic writing and apparently off my game at the moment. None of that was likely helpful or of interest.

Hopefully someone else will have something better to contribute while I'm thinking on it (and in case I don't come up with anything else.)

Edited by AwesomO4000

We can commission fics?

Ok, how about:

A Stanford Era fic where Dean decides to visit Sam (for the first time since he left for school) for his birthday and finds Sam already celebrating someone else's birthday; Jess. Lol 

Probably a very UO, because I did love the above video.  But the scenes of Dancing Dean, juxtaposed with all the defiant Dean moments, made him seem almost like a puppet dancing to Chuck's tune.  Probably because it was so un-Dean-like, and he seemed so stiff and formal.  I have no idea if that's what the person who made the vid intended, but it does make me rethink the dance scene (and lose some of my enjoyment of it.)  *sigh*

8 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Probably a very UO, because I did love the above video.  But the scenes of Dancing Dean, juxtaposed with all the defiant Dean moments, made him seem almost like a puppet dancing to Chuck's tune.  Probably because it was so un-Dean-like, and he seemed so stiff and formal.  I have no idea if that's what the person who made the vid intended, but it does make me rethink the dance scene (and lose some of my enjoyment of it.)  *sigh*

Watching this, I saw it the opposite way based on the lyrics that played over the dance scenes.  Wild Hearts can't be broken.   I think the dancing scenes were supposed to show he Dean was free to dance to the beat of his drummer

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Watching this, I saw it the opposite way based on the lyrics that played over the dance scenes.  Wild Hearts can't be broken.   I think the dancing scenes were supposed to show he Dean was free to dance to the beat of his drummer

I'm pretty sure that's what was intended.  It just didn't work for me, probably because he looked so grim rather than triumphant (or free and joyful, as he did riding the bull).  I'm glad it worked for you and wish I could like it more.

30 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Alana K. 18 hours ago

This is a masterpiece! I love how you incorporated the dance, because to me it represents the little boy inside Dean that's been beat up and buried and bruised but never broken, as well as the innocence and happiness and everything else he gave up to be the guy who saves the world.

When you listen to the words Wild Hearts can't be broken...it is showing that even though Chuck is ordering him to do X, Dean is still saying no.  AlanaK response to the video might help but the author of the video herself wasn't sure about the dance being added in. 

I saw the moments of happiness is what gives Dean the strength to say NO.  Chuck might be trying to hold the strings, thinking that he's got all under control but this Dean finds the ability to defy him time and time again.  I did like the song choice.

Look up the Dean tap dancing and just watch it by itself again and see if that doesn't help you find your enjoyment once again.  Just a thought.

Edited by 7kstar
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, 7kstar said:

When you listen to the words Wild Hearts can't be broken...it is showing that even though Chuck is ordering him to do X, Dean is still saying no.  AlanaK response to the video might help but the author of the video herself wasn't sure about the dance being added in. 

I saw the moments of happiness is what gives Dean the strength to say NO.  Chuck might be trying to hold the strings, thinking that he's got all under control but this Dean finds the ability to defy him time and time again.  I did like the song choice.

I can see (and understand, and appreciate) the thought behind it.  I just didn't see it so much in the dance, probably because Dean did look so grim and/or flat.  That's more a sense of how it was filmed than the author's intent, which is why I'm wanting to go back and look at the whole again to see if I can see any joy there.  Maybe the music in the show, which was a lot bouncier and the message more about having fun ("let's misbehave") worked better for me than this song (which, while I'll admit has a deeper meaning for Dean's life, but I wasn't really listening to the words, just watching Dean's face and movements.) 

No disrespect to the author or anyone who enjoyed it.  I thought the video was beautifully done, so any problems with it are my own.  ☺️

ETA:  I did say it was probably an unpopular opinion!

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I meant to say both thank you and curse you for posting this.  I have watched it repeatedly and I love it,  but it also puts a very fine, very sharp point on how much I wil miss him. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I meant to say both thank you and curse you for posting this.  I have watched it repeatedly and I love it,  but it also puts a very fine, very sharp point on how much I wil miss him. 

This is exactly what I've been feeling since the beginning of this season - every time I see what a brilliant actor Jensen is to overcome this so-called story. I keep thinking to myself, what am I going to do without seeing something new from Dean? And some other new talent/expression/etc. from Jensen. I hope I have many opportunities to see the latter.

• Love 6

Does anyone know of fics similar to Down to Agincourt by seperis?  It's one of my all time favorites (it just kills me it's not finished and it's been long enough that I assume it never will be 😭)   It's not just the world building - although that's fantastic - but the idea of a Dean trapped outside his own time with a Castiel that resents him and how it all comes together.  Any suggestions will be appreciated!

43 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Loved it! Thanks @ahrtee and DEEDEE for the rec. Sometimes I wonder how these boys survived all their years together. 😉

Thanks so much for letting me know!  It's been a long, long time since I wrote anything so I need some encouragement.  Maybe, now that I have all this time, I can post some of my old stuff (which used to be on the late, lamented Supernaturalville site).  

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Thanks so much for letting me know!  It's been a long, long time since I wrote anything so I need some encouragement.  Maybe, now that I have all this time, I can post some of my old stuff (which used to be on the late, lamented Supernaturalville site).  

Yes please post more! Great fics that remember that the Winchesters are the heart of the show are in short supply. I thoroughly enjoyed your story!

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm not generally one for crossovers, but I found this series where Dean becomes an Agent of Shield (his life after John never does pick him up from Sonny's). It's pretty great thus far, through part 3 of the series.  ETA:  Just a heads up, there a few fairly explicit love scenes scattered throughout the series. 

AO3

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, bethy said:

Thanks for that rec! I love me some Agents if SHIELD. And that’s a Dean pairing I can get behind! 😄 Looking forward to giving it a try.

I feel like I should have mentioned, there are a few fairly explicit love scenes. They are scattered and brief, but just a heads up in case that's not your thing.  😉

58 minutes ago, bethy said:

Thanks for the heads up! I can deal with it, but I'm probably more conservative than many in my reading, so it's nice to have the warning. 🙂

They are really just a fraction of some of the stories, and easily skipped over if you choose. More than worth the trouble - I'm on part 7 now and it's just so good!

7 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'm not generally one for crossovers, but I found this series where Dean becomes an Agent of Shield (his life after John never does pick him up from Sonny's). It's pretty great thus far, through part 3 of the series.  ETA:  Just a heads up, there a few fairly explicit love scenes scattered throughout the series. 

AO3

That sounds awesome! Thanks for the rec!

• Love 1
On 5/18/2020 at 10:12 AM, gonzosgirrl said:

AO3

Update: I have now read all 12 parts of this series. Yes, all in one day. It was a holiday here yesterday, lol. I have to say that some of the later parts are more MCU than SPN/Dean, though Dean is still in all of them. Some are re-telling previous parts from a different character's POV. It is really well written, if a tad repetitive, and I still enjoyed them, so this is just a head's up if you are looking for Dean-only content.

11 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I never know where to put these....but I'm going to MISS THIS GUY!!

This has been making the rounds on Twitter. SO good! There will never be another Dean Winchester. ❤

• Love 7
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

This has been making the rounds on Twitter. SO good! There will never be another Dean Winchester. ❤

Absolutely not! If we all are going to miss this fantastic character, just imagine how Jensen must feel closing the book on fifteen years of creating this iconic character. What a gift Jensen has given to all of us - and to future generations who come upon this show and begin watching it.

• Love 5
On 5/24/2020 at 4:50 PM, FlickChick said:

we all are going to miss this fantastic character, just imagine how Jensen must feel closing the book on fifteen years of creating this iconic character. What a gift Jensen has given to all of us - and to future generations who come upon this show and begin watching it.

I'm trying to get my muse kick started once again.  I stopped writing and I've been working on one story but keep hitting roadblocks.  Trying to finish my unfinished works as I find that I can get to the middle and then it just stops.  My biggest obstacle is matching the image in my mind with words, without sounding so cliché. 

Have all the super-high-speed season recaps by that one you-tuber been removed? I can't find them when I do a search, and when I've looked through this thread (which is where I THINK I first saw them), I can't find them. But there are a lot of dead links that MIGHT have been them.

She had red hair and dramatic eye-make up and every time she touched on something "Destiel" related she had a little cartoon of Destiel shippers whispering "Subtexxxxxxt!"

1 hour ago, takalotti said:

Have all the super-high-speed season recaps by that one you-tuber been removed? I can't find them when I do a search, and when I've looked through this thread (which is where I THINK I first saw them), I can't find them. But there are a lot of dead links that MIGHT have been them.

She had red hair and dramatic eye-make up and every time she touched on something "Destiel" related she had a little cartoon of Destiel shippers whispering "Subtexxxxxxt!"

I know she pulled back from  YouTube, but the videos were up back then. Bummer if they are gone now. I'll poke around and see if I can find them elsewhere.

29 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I know she pulled back from  YouTube, but the videos were up back then. Bummer if they are gone now. I'll poke around and see if I can find them elsewhere.

The videos are "Private" now - no idea why.

Yeah, I remember one of her later ones explained how youtube changed something (she was more specific, but my memory is failing me) which meant it wasn't likely that she was going to keep making more. But I wasn't expecting the existing ones to get "removed."

Bummer that they're private now. Thanks for the intel. I'll poke back in to see if anything new happens, but I'm guessing it's unlikely.

Edited by takalotti