Type keyword(s) to search

All About Janelle (9/20/15)

• Start Topic

Kody finally spoke the truth "I had to numb myself to the collateral damage".  They were talking about how Hunter was so upset when he had to leave his school, friends, and family to move to Utah and Kody said that. That selfish asshat Kody always puts himself above his children, so numbing himself to the collateral damage he causes is his way of life.

(not sure if this was part of episode 2 or was episode 3)

• Love 3

That show about Janelle just made me wonder why on earth she has stayed in this phony marriage?? She seems too intelligent for one thing. And she and Meri lived under the same roof for years and now we find out they have hated each other this whole time? That must have been just wonderful.
Her mother marrying Kody's father was also the dumbest thing I ever heard. Don't any of these people have any self-respect?

At least Maddie's decision to join the LDS and get out of there shows somebody is waking up.

• Love 7

I don't understand why they didn't address the elephant in the room while telling Janelle's story.  We ALL know she was MARRIED to Meri's BROTHER!!  Hello?  Idiots - you told us in your BOOK.   Perhaps it was too much inter-family "weirdness" to add that in?  Since they finally admitted how "weird" it was that Janelle's mom married Kody's dad and all.  I was surprised they admitted the weird factor - we've all thought it for years.  They are a bunch of morons and I seriously don't know how they have gotten thru life by themselves.  Each one of them truly looks like they would need a  "buddy"  to help them navigate life. 

• Love 11

Robyn has to talk throughout Jenelle's episode too?  And what was up with Meri? She was so stank face. 

Maybe Meri was turning the tables on Janelle and acting the way she usually does when the spotlight is on Meri or another wife.  Most times Janelle just sits there acting aloof and not reacting at all.  Although, these first two new  episodes it seems Janelle is acting more interested and becoming more involved and friendly.  Not sure what is causing the change.

• Love 5

Maybe Meri was turning the tables on Janelle and acting the way she usually does when the spotlight is on Meri or another wife.  Most times Janelle just sits there acting aloof and not reacting at all.  Although, these first two new  episodes it seems Janelle is acting more interested and becoming more involved and friendly.  Not sure what is causing the change.

Dollar to a donut that she's enjoying Meri having the tables turned on her by Robyn.

• Love 4

That show about Janelle just made me wonder why on earth she has stayed in this phony marriage?? She seems too intelligent for one thing. And she and Meri lived under the same roof for years and now we find out they have hated each other this whole time? That must have been just wonderful.

Her mother marrying Kody's father was also the dumbest thing I ever heard. Don't any of these people have any self-respect?

At least Maddie's decision to join the LDS and get out of there shows somebody is waking up.

After watching this shitshow for years now on and off. I wonder all the time why Janelle stays too? WTH? I think she hates everyone except maybe Christine. She is the only one that held a good job why bother staying if Kody keeps brushing her off?

I don't understand why they didn't address the elephant in the room while telling Janelle's story.  We ALL know she was MARRIED to Meri's BROTHER!!  Hello?  Idiots - you told us in your BOOK.   Perhaps it was too much inter-family "weirdness" to add that in? 

A 1,000 times THIS! Why can't they say that Janelle was married before she "married" Kody? I don't get it either. Oh just hanging out with Mary's family gave her the interest in her "faith?" More WTF moments....but we can't keep our eyes off the trainwreck can we?

• Love 2

I don't get Janelle; she is a hard nut to crack.  The comment that stood out the most for me was Kody saying, "when Janelle pitched herself to us, she made sure to mention that she was low maintenance."  I have a feeling she started having feelings for Meri's husband while she was married to her brother.  Can't help but wonder if that is the main reason why they never got along. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 9
The thing that I find most confounding in this situation is that Robyn sent the kids to see their dad not too long ago on the show.  Do they think we've forgotten that?

Isn't that where Dayton hurt his eye?  So that's fairly recent, and not years and years.  There were also fairly recent recent episodes where Robyn and Kody were having to drive the kids to Montana to be with their dad. 

I think Briana's excitement at being adopted is not so much to be Kody's daughter, but to be part of that family.  I would imagine that many children who came from the situation that Robyn claims to have been from--one where she's been living in a cold and unheated trailer, scraping by, would jump at the chance to be a part of the almost Brady Bunch life.  She's made fast friends with the other girls.  It's a like a party every day, as far as she probably knows.  So, I don't think it's that surprising that she'd want to become a Brown. 

• Love 2

I don't understand why they didn't address the elephant in the room while telling Janelle's story. We ALL know she was MARRIED to Meri's BROTHER!! Hello? Idiots - you told us in your BOOK. Perhaps it was too much inter-family "weirdness" to add that in? Since they finally admitted how "weird" it was that Janelle's mom married Kody's dad and all. I was surprised they admitted the weird factor - we've all thought it for years. They are a bunch of morons and I seriously don't know how they have gotten thru life by themselves. Each one of them truly looks like they would need a "buddy" to help them navigate life.

While it's pretty weird that Janelle's mother married Kody's dad, relatively speaking, it's not nearly as weird as the fact that Janelle was married to Meri's brother. Failing to mention their marriage stood out. It really was the elephant in the room.

• Love 5

It seems like this episode was filmed recently because Robyn looks noticeably pregnant when they are being interviewed on the chairs in one of their homes. 

I thought it was weird that Janelle said in an old episode and again here when she reiterated about it that she felt some "tingling" that Robyn was going to enter the family. If I am remembering correctly, there was an episode from last season or the one before where they are all doing therapy together and Janelle asks Kody if he's done taking wives because she didn't expect Robyn at all. Sometimes these people can't get their stories straight. Like the way Meri goes back and forth about whether she would be in this lifestyle if it wasn't for her religion. They are a confusing bunch! 

Edited by purpleflowers

I don't get Janelle; she is a hard nut to crack.  The comment that stood out the most for me was Kody saying, "when Janelle pitched herself to them, she made sure to mention that she was low maintenance."  I have a feeling she started having feelings for Meri's husband while she was married to her brother.  Can't help but wonder if that is the main reason why they never got along. 

I would LOVE to know the answer to this.  If it's true that Janelle had feelings for Meri's husband while married to Meri's brother, that would be very hard to forgive. But, of course, they stick with the fiction that Janelle has never been married before.

• Love 1

It would be interesting to hear the timeline of Janelle/Kody/Meri & Bro situation since it seemed like Kody and Janelle must have been planning marriage for awhile if during that time Kody's Dad and Jannelle's Mom had enough time to meet, fall in love, and marry.  Were Janelle and Meri friends besides sisters-in-laws prior to the Meri/Kody marriage?  It would seem a legit therapist would bring all that into the open to resolve the Janelle/Meri conflict.  I wouldn't hold my breath on that though.

• Love 2

At least Maddie's decision to join the LDS and get out of there shows somebody is waking up. Not that the LDS is all that much of an improvement.

REAL Christians don't get baptized more than once, so this thing about getting re-baptized is interesting. Not that I think Mormons are Christians anyway, to be a Mormon means you think Jesus showed up on the North American continent and said "hey, remember everything I preached in Judea? Forget it, it was all wrong."

When you change denominations, you often get baptized into that new church and the new church's doctrine. Church B does not recognize Church A as the "true church" and you need another baptism.  if you were Baptist and convert to be Catholic, the Catholic church baptizes you.  if you are Baptist and convert to the LDS Mormon church, you are baptized. If you are LDS and convert to be Baptist, you are baptized. Not surprising that the LDS would baptize maddie coming from the AUB church. I don't see that as non Christian. 

• Love 2

Actually Catholics would not re-baptize a Baptist.  They recognize all the standard protestant denomination baptisms if performed in the triune format.  Many Baptists, however, would require baptism by immersion by other protestants or Catholics.

LDS not recognizing AUB baptism probably has as much to do with theological differences over polygamy as any differences over the actual baptismal practice.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4

At least Maddie's decision to join the LDS and get out of there shows somebody is waking up. Not that the LDS is all that much of an improvement.

REAL Christians don't get baptized more than once, so this thing about getting re-baptized is interesting. Not that I think Mormons are Christians anyway, to be a Mormon means you think Jesus showed up on the North American continent and said "hey, remember everything I preached in Judea? Forget it, it was all wrong."

Yeah, in most Christian churches you are baptized once.  I remember the big to do when Lucy Johnson converted to Catholicism and was re-baptized.  She had already been baptized in the Episcopal church and the claim was made that no second baptism was necessary.  I am not sure about Mormonism or the LDS.  My pastor says they are not Christian, but some of the things they believe are similar to what we believe.  Will have to research this!  Apparently in the LDS you are baptized 'into the church', so if you change churches you need to be re-baptized.  This is not true for most Roman Catholic and mainstream Protestant churches.

Edited by Ilovemylabs

Talk about revisionist history.  No mention of her previous marriage.  No mention of the fact that she left Kody and didn't come back until she bought the big house.  No mention of the fact that they were hanging on by their fingernails when they moved to Vegas.  I realize her kids had a tough time when they moved but why show all of this again.  Once again, every thing was peachy keen when they move in to the miracle houses.  They skipped over the commitment ceremony and how that was supposed to fix everything.  It just goes on and on.  Boring episode and a huge waste of time.

• Love 3

As much as it grosses me out to say this, it sounds like the Brown males have some epic peen. Jenelle met Kody while married to Meri's brother (!) and liked what she saw. Then Jenelle's mother liked it so much that she married Kody's Dad. Such "spiritual" people.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I was floored by the arrogance of a Robin. Running her mouth; she wasn't even there during most of the time she was yapping about. Shut up Robin. I like Janelle. She's about the only one I can relate to in any way of this circus.

• Love 3

Talk about revisionist history.  No mention of her previous marriage.  No mention of the fact that she left Kody and didn't come back until she bought the big house.  No mention of the fact that they were hanging on by their fingernails when they moved to Vegas.  I realize her kids had a tough time when they moved but why show all of this again.  Once again, every thing was peachy keen when they move in to the miracle houses.  They skipped over the commitment ceremony and how that was supposed to fix everything.  It just goes on and on.  Boring episode and a huge waste of time.

Yes.  Totally revisionism.  Why not be honest, especially when they included this in their book.

Actually Catholics would not re-baptize a Baptist. They recognize all the standard protestant denomination baptisms if performed in the triune format. Many Baptists, however, would require baptism by immersion by other protestants or Catholics.

LDS not recognizing AUB baptism probably has as much to do with theological differences over polygamy as any differences over the actual baptismal practice.

One thing I agree with Janelle on is when she didn't want to do the lip syncing dancing thing at Maddie's graduation party. First of all she said Maddie had asked that they not do something like that at her party. Secondly I am also the type who is not comfortable performing in public so I can understand her not wanting to do that. Kody and the other wives should have been respectful of what Maddie wanted at her party and also respectful of Janelle not being comfortable doing it, but instead Kody and the other wives were so desperate for attention and entertainment they weren't going to take no for an answer.

• Love 12
One thing I agree with Janelle on is when she didn't want to do the lip syncing dancing thing at Maddie's graduation party. First of all she said Maddie had asked that they not do something like that at her party. Secondly I am also the type who is not comfortable performing in public so I can understand her not wanting to do that. Kody and the other wives should have been respectful of what Maddie wanted at her party and also respectful of Janelle not being comfortable doing it, but instead Kody and the other wives were so desperate for attention and entertainment they weren't going to take no for an answer

I agree.  I find that kind of thing corny and not entertaining.  I like to have fun, but that's just not my cup of tea.  I'm with Jenelle on this one. 

• Love 5

I think it was at Mariah and Aspyn's joint graduation party that the dance/lip-sync thing happened. Not that Madison was spared, because at her graduation they did that cringe-worthy reenactment on camera of her being depressed moving to LV.

Edited by purpleflowers
  • Love 1

After watching the Janelle episode I have changed my opinion of her standing with Kody. I think that Kody likes and respects Janelle. I think that he sees her as an easy and helpful partner. I don't think he sees the other wives as help mates. He sees the other three as people that he has to take care of. Even the favorite, Robyn, doesn't fill Janelle's role for him. When Janelle left the household, I don't think she left her marriage to Kody. If I remember correctly, he continued to visit her and her children. He eventually convinced her to move back in with the rest of the family. When Robyn gets older and can no longer have children, I think Kody will move on to number five. Robyn will eventually find herself in the position that Christine is in now. I think that Janelle's position of like and respect will stick.

I think Kody sees Janelle as a vacation from the neediness, drama and manipulation of the other wives.  She's like an oasis of calm in the midst of all the commotion for him.  Janelle is the anti-diva.  She is shut off emotionally so she doesn't either give off or demand much emotion or time from him, and obviously has minimal needs for physical affection as well.  For all these years I've been thinking that Janelle must be a doormat or martyr, or have such low self esteem that she would accept so little from him, but I'm coming around to thinking she's one of those people who just doesn't need much and is just as happy living with a part time husband who basically neglects her as she would be living the life of a single working woman with no husband or family.  Those people do exist and some of them are actually women!  Hard to believe, I know, but that's what I'm beginning to think.  When she fell for Kody and told him how low maintenace she was I think she knew what kind of trade off she was willing to make.  I think she thought she could have it all - On the one hand a good looking "catch" of a husband in what appeared to be a solid marriage, but on the other hand she could retain her independence and freedom from the intense emotional entanglement of a truly intimate relationship.  Plus instead of worrying if her husband might want "more" from her, she could breathe easy knowing he had plenty of other women to have that with.  For her it looked like a "win-win", and in her mind it actually may still BE one!

• Love 9

I agree.  I find that kind of thing corny and not entertaining.  I like to have fun, but that's just not my cup of tea.  I'm with Jenelle on this one.

I love that she tells them to their faces that she's basically fed up with years of them being a public embarrassment. No end in sight for THAT, Janelle.
  • Love 4

Folks, let's stay away from broad sweeping statements on Mormonism and other faiths, and concentrate on actually discussing the show. I've hidden some posts, and I'll continue to do so if they have little to do with the Browns.

• Love 2

One thing I agree with Janelle on is when she didn't want to do the lip syncing dancing thing at Maddie's graduation party. First of all she said Maddie had asked that they not do something like that at her party. Secondly I am also the type who is not comfortable performing in public so I can understand her not wanting to do that. Kody and the other wives should have been respectful of what Maddie wanted at her party and also respectful of Janelle not being comfortable doing it, but instead Kody and the other wives were so desperate for attention and entertainment they weren't going to take no for an answer.

On top of that they show themselves to be ignorant and self-centered by basically taking the stance that there's something wrong with Janelle for not wanting to do it, totally missing the point that she's an introvert who therefore might not be comfortable with basically making a fool of herself in public on national TV.  Janelle at least has the awareness to know how ridiculous they look and doesn't want to be a part of it.  They are so clueless they aren't even aware of how stupid they look.

• Love 7

I think it was at Mariah and Aspyn's joint graduation party that the dance/lip-sync thing happened. Not that Madison was spared, because at her graduation they did that cringe-worthy reenactment on camera of her being depressed moving to LV.

Which Janelle 100% took part in.  Didn't Janelle even play the part of the "dark" Maddie?

• Love 1