Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

Considering there is no stigma this year with in season firings, and the Saints D has been pathetic, it's only a matter of time.    He's another one like his brother all hype and emotion, little substance.   Sure, the hype and emotion gets you through some games, but in the long run, you need to be a professional.

Brady's working miracles this season with the injuries that have hit the Pats.  His O-line in that game had a 2nd year 4th round pick center at one tackle, the fourth string practice squad tackle at the other tackle, two rookies in the middle, one a UDFA, and the "veteran" who's a JAG. Then he lost Dion Lewis last game and Edelman in the first quarter this game.  I don't think they'll last the season undefeated. I just want to get guys back for the playoffs at this point.

• Love 3

Ok now it's for real true that Rob Ryan is out, sorry to be a doubter!

Peyton is out for sure next week and maybe longer. I really hope that his last game doesn't end up being yesterday, that is too sad to fathom.

No way will Peyton's last game be yesterday, even if it ought to be. They'll give him another shot. The interesting thing will be what happens if he is as horrid in his second chance. What then....

Don't think Kubiak is a good coach at all, but he's in a real uncomfortable situation here.

WTH?!?! The Texans beat the Bengals. I choose to forgo watching tonight's game just to fight sleep through the first hour of The Voice. I figured it was going to be a blowout in the Bengals' favor. This is one crazy season. 

Ok now it's for real true that Rob Ryan is out, sorry to be a doubter!

Peyton is out for sure next week and maybe longer. I really hope that his last game doesn't end up being yesterday, that is too sad to fathom.

I don't know if you were directing this to me mojoween, but at the time I posted I wasn't sure either. 

In uneventful news, mediocre coach Jeff Fisher is benching mediocre qb Nick Foles for even more mediocre qb Case Keenum. As if that's going to solve the Rams' offensive problems.

The Patriots aren't finishing the season undefeated.  Too many injuries for that.

I will give Belichick credit for brilliantly using his time outs during Sunday's game.  Colin Cowherd did a great piece about this on his show the other day.  Belichick is one of the few coaches who takes his ego out of situations like this and is willing to allow another team to score so that his team can win.  He'll give up ground to get the best shot at winning.  Cowherd talked about how a lot of coaches are meatheads stuck in a 70s/80s mentality that says you don't let your opponents score ever, even if it means getting the ball back.  He brought up the coach of Syracuse who didn't use his timeouts to save time for his team despite the fact that Pitt was in the red zone and setting things up a game-winning field goal.  That coach said it was teaching his team to "quit" and it's clear that that coach is an old-school meathead whose stubbornness to evolve possibly cost his team a chance to win.

Belichick was right to allow the Giants to score that TD in the last Super Bowl 46 because if he hadn't, the Giants would have run the clock down to the last second in order to set up the game-winning field goal.  Thankfully, it failed as the Giants defense was able to stop them.  (Woo-hoo!  Go Giants!).  Belichick was right to use his timeouts before once the Giants got a first and goal, they were going to score and he preserved time for his team to win the game.  I don't like Belichick, hate that the Giants lost but that is exactly why Belichick is a Hall of Fame coach.  He took his ego out of the game in that drive and allowed the Giants to score because it gave his team time to win the game, which they did.  A meathead like Rex Ryan wouldn't have done that and that's why he's Rex Ryan.

Edited by benteen

Even though it's Thursday, we're still talking about Cam's dancing and it pisses me off so much.

First, that crazy lady (or dumb lady, according to Charles Barkley) in Tennesse needs to shut the hell up and get some perspective and maybe not ever leave the house if her sensibilites are that delicate.

Second, great points made all week that Aaron Rodgers gesticulating to his groin got him a multi-million dollar State Farm sponsorhip.

Therefore, I am going to continue to buy Oikos Triple Zero yogurt until they no longer make it. Does Cam need my help? Fuck no. But the double standard, not just with Aaron but across the board, is so aggravating and comes across racist, IMO.

• Love 7

I don't have a problem with Cam dancing, for me it's just that it's not good dancing.  I understand it's supposed to be some sort of Superman dance?  To me, however, it's just him making some herky jerky movements that don't make much sense.   I like Cam; I just want somebody to teach him some moves.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 2

If it had been Mariota dancing, I'm sure she wouldn't have had a problem with it:)

I think Cam has a flashy personality by nature. That's just him. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he's 9-0, so he's backing it up with results.

• Love 1

These Crayola all one color uniforms are simply hideous.  What is the NFL thinking?  Do the Packers and Bears have to wear this crap on Thanksgiving night?  Two of the most storied franchises in the NFL?  How embarrassing.  And the Packers play the following Thursday too, so will they have to wear this shit two weeks in a row? Vince Lombardi and George Halas must be rolling over in their graves.

• Love 3

I think the terrible Thursday uniforms are a non-Thanksgiving Day tradition.

I can't imagine the NFL subjecting Thanksgiving viewers to that mess.

I always watch the primetime games on DVR delay. Tonight I started the game 3 hours late, expecting it to be a mess. This way, if it actually does suck I could just fast forward to see if it gets any good. I thought 2 bad teams would result in a somewhat entertaining game. But two bad teams and a defensive struggle is the worst.

Well, I finished that game, up to the riveting finish, in 25 minutes.

As for Cam's dancing, I blame Olivia Munn.

I don't know about Detroit and Green Bay, but Dallas and Carolina are wearing color rush unis next week for Thanksgiving. Those are actually not that bad, Carolina will be in blue, almost the same shade as Tennessee and Dallas will be mostly white with stars on the sleeves.

If it had been Mariota dancing, I'm sure she wouldn't have had a problem with it:)

I don't know if that's referring to me or not, but I happen to think Cam is good-looking.  I'm to old for him but I wish I could introduce him to my niece.  She could teach him some moves, for sure.  :)

Mariota's fine, too. 

I don't know if that's referring to me or not, but I happen to think Cam is good-looking. I'm to old for him but I wish I could introduce him to my niece. She could teach him some moves, for sure. :)

Mariota's fine, too.

Lol, no, I was referring to the woman in Tennessee who wrote the letter. Also, yes, Cam and Marcus are easy on the eyes;)

• Love 1

On Wednesday night, I recorded A Football Life: Mike Singletary on the NFL Network.

When I watched the recording today, I noticed there was a countdown clock at the top, counting down to the Jacksonville/Tennessee game!!!

Can you believe it??

16beonk.png

Wow, it must have been one of those nights where there was literally nothing on tv for people to watch the Tennessee/Jacksonville game. Sheesh.

It was on in our house. My husband watches any sporting event that is in tv. I'm sure that a lot of people watch football because they love watching it, which is why the NFL has so much power. They dominate any night they are on, regardless of match ups.

• Love 1

ESPN does a countdown for a lot of their sports too. I was recording a basketball game last night and they did a countdown for the basketball during the pregame and then they did a countdown for the college football game that was coming on next. I like it though, so if I'm doing something else I at least know when kickoff is, after all the kerfluffle that comes before.

I watch every Thursday game, regardless of matchup. I mean, Ravens/Browns would test my love of the game vs. watching two teams I loathe, but I would still watch.

Tennessee is a draw anyways, I would think, because of Mariota, for people to see how he does. And now there is that WR for Jacksonville, I think it was, who has the potential to be a breakout receiver.

Edited by mojoween

Hey, the Jags are only a half-game out of first now! Respect.

The AFC South is so funny.

But I'm glad the Jags won, because that takes them another game out of contention for the highest draft pick in Baltimore Ravens history. Also, I'm tempted to put money on every loss the Ravens suffer this season being by a single score. It's absurd, at this point. No matter what the offense does (and granted, it's not always very good) the defense manages to just about give up enough points to render it meaningless. The Ravens are a useless kicker and about a dozen Chargers injuries away from being 0-9, and even their wins have been by FG each.

In court yesterday, we had a few moments off the record, I asked the judge if he had watched the game last night.   He said he hadn't.   THen he said "Why the NFL scheduled a game between Tenn and Jacksonville on THursday night I don't know."   I said "Because no one would watch a game between the Titans and the Jags otherwise."   THen I added he was lucky he missed the Jags uniforms.   He had seen them while flipping channels.   Thankfully we were still off the record because I got a candid response of his opinion of them.  

Edited by merylinkid
  • Love 3

ESPN has reported that Colin Kaepernick will be placed on season ending IR with a shoulder injury. It looks like it will be Blaine Gabbert as the starter for 49ers the rest of the season. Interesting things are happening at the QB position in the NFL. This week Blaine Gabbert, TJ Yates, Case Keenum, Brock Osweiler and Matt Hasselbeck will all be starting for teams.

Edited by Jx223

I wanted the Dolphins to win today more than anything in a long long while because now all we're going to hear is how wonderful Tony fucking Romo is.

Man. The Jets D is going to murder Ryan Fitzpatrick. They are doing all they can and he threw the game away. Literally.

• Love 3

I think that I got a lot of picks wrong this week in our football pool. Did not think that the Texans of Bucs would win. But TJ was solid and Jamesis played very well today, so did Doug Martin.

Carolina played fantastic especially Cam and the D. This has been a great year for them.

Dallas got a much needed win with Tony's return. I am glad to see him back, and giving the team a much needed spark. I'm looking forward to the Thanksgiving game, against Carolina. I hope that is a good game.

I was also glad to see Brock Osweiler do fine.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

Brett Favre is probably in talks with his agent now trying to work out some deal so that he can get back in the league. You just know he's itching to break Peyton's records.

We're 100 hours from the return of Favre (on Thanksgiving night,, on NBC.)

I haven't seen a worse game in a while than the Ravens and the Rams. Each team was taking turns allowing the other team to win the game, but neither team appeared to want it. 

We're 100 hours from the return of Favre (on Thanksgiving night,, on NBC.)

I've got my Pepto on ice.  : )

Edited by yourpointis

I only watched the last couple of seconds, wasn't he in at the end of the game? Or was it some other QB and I wasn't paying close enough attention?

He was in the end of the game. He got hit and he looked a bit hobbled but he stayed in. This has been a really rough year for injuries in the NFL. Granted I know we see injuries every year, but this year just seems worse, I think largely due to a lot of QBs suffering injuries. I had also seen that Justin Forsett got his arm broken as well. That was rough. I don't like to see any of the players suffer an injury, especially long term ones.

Edited by Jx223

I haven't seen a worse game in a while than the Ravens and the Rams. Each team was taking turns allowing the other team to win the game, but neither team appeared to want it. 

And at the end of it all, the Ravens have a win and no Joe Flacco, who tore his ACL and MCL during the last offensive series. Dammit.