Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

If it’s all knotted up after 15 minutes it’s sudden death.  Maybe?  I don’t know I’m guessing.

Each team gets a possession.  After that, if it's still tied, it becomes sudden death.  If one team scores a TD in their first possession and the other team only gets a FG, the TD team wins. 

I thought if the 49ers get a touchdown in OT, that they win & the game is over. But, NOOO. The Chiefs would get the ball even if the 49ers get the touchdown. 😒

How very stupid that OT rules that is. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Magog said:

I thought if the 49ers get a touchdown in OT, that they win & the game is over. But, NOOO. The Chiefs would get the ball even if the 49ers get the touchdown. 😒

How very stupid that OT rules that is. 

They figured that gave too much power to the luck of the coin flip.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Not rooting for a repeat winner, but also not rooting for San Francisco, so.

If it weren’t for the godforsaken tomahawk chop, this would be much more palatable.

• Like 9

Wow!!! Now that was a great Super Bowl! Hard fought until the very end, both teams should be proud. Congrats KC!

And one more time until next season...SHUT UP, TONY ROMO.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, emma675 said:

And one more time until next season...SHUT UP, TONY ROMO.

PREACH!  Never in my life have I wanted someone to JUST STOP TALKING more than today.

• Like 3

I was in the TV muted club from the 4 minute point in the 4th quarter.  

I didn't care who won (or lost) this game.  I feel good for Leo Chenal (I always root for former Badgers) but that didn't mean I was rooting for the Chiefs.  I was only hoping for a good game, and for a great deal of this game, it was not that.  

2 minutes ago, Raja said:

Since they ran so late does CBS lose its bid to launch Tracker?

After all the mentions of it?  No way, they will show it.  And right on cue, there's another promo for it. 

• Like 1

Thank goodness the Niners lost - I can go to bed instead of having to spend several hours working.

Robbie Gould's voodoo doll worked. Shanahan bet he could have such a high-scoring offense that the kicker wouldn't matter. That blew up in his face.

Just now, Calvada said:

After all the mentions of it?  No way, they will show it.  And right on cue, there's another promo for it. 

They might show it but procedural watchers may have already gone to bed missing the big launch.

In retrospect, if both teams are guaranteed possession isn't it better to defer if you win the OT coin flip?  It's like batting in the bottom of the inning - at least you get to see what you have to match.  The only downside is if you're still tied after trading possessions since it becomes sudden death after that.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, baldryanr said:

In retrospect, if both teams are guaranteed possession isn't it better to defer if you win the OT coin flip?  It's like batting in the bottom of the inning - at least you get to see what you have to match.  The only downside is if you're still tied after trading possessions since it becomes sudden death after that.

If you score a TD first game is over. So of course you want the ball first.

8 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Travis Kelce needs to apologize to Coach Reid.  That was absurd behavior, Travis.  I don’t care about “heat of the game” — just NO.

One of the reasons I don't like kelce. Even though I do like mahommes and the rest of the team. 

He's such a hot headed douche.  You can't do that to your coach don't care who you are

Taylor can do better

Just now, twoods said:

If you score a TD first game is over. So of course you want the ball first.

No it's not. Not in playiff ot rules. Other team still gets a chance. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, baldryanr said:

I think it's half and half. If you have the ball first and score a TD, then they have to. There's not any statistics that bear out any strategy. 

Here, the KC defense was tired. Getting them on the field first I think is a smart move. SF just didn't execute well on the 3rd and short that resulted in the FG. 

• Like 1

I always feel for the NFL minion whose job it is to polish the Lombardi trophy, only to see it arrive on the podium covered in fingerprints after going through all the players.  

• LOL 3

Good gods, Travis Kelce is annoying right now.

And Patrick Mahomes named his kids Sterling and Bronze?

Oh, dear; this is why I normally change the channel as soon as the game is over.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
Just now, twoods said:

My bad! I didn’t know in the playoffs the rules changed. Is that because of the Bills/KC matchup?

Yep.

Taylor hugged all over Travis when he was sweaty and grassy and gross.  That’s love, baby.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5