Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: Fire Signs

• Start Topic

You mean just like Vicki watched Meghan go over to Tamra and fill her in? LOL  IMO, no matter how you cut it, Brooks did not say "consider the source" as a compliment, it was said as a dig/putdown. Brooks needed to correct Vicki just as much as Jim needed too and did correct Meghan. JMO

Maybe he did correct Vicki behind closed doors. Who knows what goes on between those two. Their relationship was obviously far from peachy since they have ultimately broken up. 

• Love 2

While I don't believe Vicki or Brooks need to prove his diagnosis to anyone, it seems really bizarre that neither of them would produce paperwork or even a semi recent prescription for Chemo drugs, just to shove it in smug Meghan's face. Unless Vicki realizes this is her only storyline this season or possibly is in cahoots with a fake diagnosis so she can have a storyline.

I'm sure I missed something, so can anyone explain what is going on with Ryan? Didn't Tamra push for him to move back to OC with a promise of a job at CUT? Doesn't his fiancee co-own a gun store in NoCA? How was she able to walk away from their only apparent source of income, with 4 children to feed?

• Love 8

The big picture though is that Mehgan brought her marriage and child rearing to Vicki as though she expected sympathy. You can't bring that type of thing to a person and then go all "REVENGE" against them because you didn't like their opinion. Especially, when the revenge is going after a third unrelated party. That is is completely irrational and downright scary behavior. Everyone on this show is a hypocrite, so I don't even factor that in anymore. it is just a standard personality trait of a Real Housewife. Even if they aren't a hypocrite, production is always going to find a way to show them contradicting themselves, so that becomes a wash to me.

Totally Agree! Meghan was OTT towards Shannon because of "the phone call" and the result of her anger was to not invite Shannon to her charity function because of Meghan saying some thing like Shannon didn't deserve an invite because of Shannon's behavior! Cause, justice!

Meghan was looking for sympathy when discussing her role as a stepmom and wishing Jimmys kids were her own children. Vicki AND Tamra slapped her down and I don't blame them. But, Meghan is Tamras mini me and was bringing on the Brooks doesn't have cancer storyline...So, Tamra stays loyal to the agenda.

Vicki goes OTT in her reaction to Meghan's anti Brooks campaign and Meghan declared all means necessary in this war against Vicki & Brooks, Cause, justice! Meghan thinks she is the justice squad for the audience or something...

Meghan is revenge oriented, not justice oriented, big difference. Bad behavior from Vicki towards Meghan for voicing an opinion that Meghan didn't like, was Meghan's justification for her and the outing Brooks campaign. Two wrongs don't make a right as we all know and Meghan took that to a whole new level. She deserves Jimmys negative reaction. She was acting more like a misbehaving child then a 30 year old adult and that is why Jim reacts as he does and why the women pick on Meghan's age. She doesn't act her age, that's the real problem.

She is just like Tamra, but she at least tries to own her mistakes, in her blogs, after negative audience reaction...( and likely because in real life Meghan's parents or grandparents are mortified and yelling at her to behave and mind her manners) I don't believe Tamra when she says she's trying to change. Meghan has hope because her smirk and actions for justice are for the show. While Tamras mother seems okay, we know Tamra does not have a healthy relationship with her father & brothers. We also witnessed Tamras mom yelling at Jeana "Don't touch my daughter" and watch Tamra throw wine in Jeana's face. Tamra had voiced her issues with her mom in earlier seasons.

With that said, did Meghan act like this when she was in her first marriage?

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 5

I think one has to consider the big picture with Meg's going after Brooks 'cancer'.  Meg is coming from a place where Vicki had no problem expressing her opinion on Meg as a person and her marriage to Jim which was none of Vicki's business.  So, why shouldn't Meg express her feelings (especially given Brook's 'history') regarding Vicki's storyline regarding Brook's cancer?  I guess I don't have as much vitriol regarding Meg because I've watched Vicki's actions for the last ten seasons.  Vicki has been the biggest hypocrite followed by Tamra (ok, that's debatable).  I just don't have any sympathy for any of them. 

I think this is apples and oranges. If Meg wants to play the "eye for an eye" card, then she should be happy to weigh in on Vicki's relationship to Brooks and Briana to Vicki's face. What she has done, however, is to undertake amateur detective work to expose Vicki's boyfriend, who did absolutely nothing to Meghan. It's not like Vicki called Hayley's school pretending to be a college admissions officer requesting her transcript to find out if Hayley ever got into trouble. It's not like Vicki contacted Meghan's ex-husband for dish on their relationship. I just don't see any correlation between Vicki being a busybody (and, yes, I agree with the posters upthread who said Meghan opened the door for all this by martyring herself for not being Hayley's bio Mom) and Meghan going so far beyond that pale that it's truly loony bin behavior. I mean, imagine if someone did that to you in real life? I think Vicki has been pretty calm about it all considering the ridiculousness of it.

• Love 12
I can't get over the way Meghan is so blasé about what she did... she is quite open about chasing down Brooks' ex who commented on a blog.... open about the lengths she went to contact said ex... open about calling the Dr's office... open about pretending to have cancer for that phone call. Meghan is happy to discuss all of her bedazzled headband wearing super hero activity so openly. No uncomfortableness about her actions when being confronted by Brooks and Vicki!

It's her attitude about what she did, rather than why, that gets to me. Blows. My. Mind.

This is what baffles me as well. That's why Jim keeps trying to shut her down. He's terrified of what she is going to do/say next. He must be so embarrassed and humiliated. What do his friends think? He used to be the cool baseball guy friend, now he's just that poor guy with the crazy wife.

• Love 12

What part of "shut up" and "it's none of your business" is that darned Meghan not getting? She is putting her nose into medical issues that are none of her business, in no shape, way, how. In fact, if she were in a real workplace, she'd be fired already for violations of HIPPA. You know who she reminds me of, that stupid girl from the view who was way too young to be so conservative and opinionated. Something is wrong with her. She has no gauge for appropriateness.

Ryan was never cute.

Jim is really rethinking this marriage. You can see it all over his face. Something is off with the whole thing anyway. Why is he never home? Why does he speak to her like a child? Bizarre.

Tamara rushing her chicken leg self over to confront Brooks was just so tacky. She had no real beef. Just needed to be seen. I am not a violent person. BUT, if you charge me like that, well, it ain't gonna be pretty. She needs to sit down and shut up. Her marriage to Eddie is a f'ing joke.

• Love 9
SO...let me get this straight.....in order to prove someone doesn't have cancer you call his doctor and LIE about having cancer? WTF???

I'm just imagining the whole scene. Meghan calling and saying "Hello, (cough, cough), I would like to make an appointment, (sniff, sniff) but first I have to ask you one thing. (Cough, sniff)  Do you cure cancer?"

• Love 7

It's stupid and childish, but "Yankees Suck" is practically taught to be a child's first words up here in New England. I think all of us suffering Sox fans are fully aware of the Yankees 27 championships.

Except if you were born in Southern Connecticut.....first words are Red Sox Suck!

• Love 1

Regardless of whether or not he has cancer and what she knew I think Icky Vicki Hypocrite's house of cards is about to crumble. These are my reasons

1. Talking about Tamra's actions and saying she needs to act her age when at least Tamra can in a coherent argument rather than screeching.

2. Her continuous judgements of others family structure when her son would not tell her where he lived, her daughter refuses to stay at her house because of her boyfriend.

3. Her continuous lawsuits and failed business ventures. While she has made a lot of money in insurance I would not let someone with her track record help me plan my finances. She always blames her business partners but at the end of the day Vicki Vodka Wine by Wives and soon Vicki diamonds all have one thing in common Vicki. So regardless of whose fault it is she makes bad decisions

• Love 8

So what's worse, Meg calling a doctor to find out if he treats cancer patients or Vicki basically forcing Brooks' cancer to be a storyline for RHOC? 

I still don't think that Meg calling the doctor's office a big deal.  What was stupid was her saying that she had cancer, etc.  She could have just asked if the doctor treated patients with NHL.  Contacting the ex girlfriend was just stupid.  At least she gets that now...as stated in her blog.  But Meg knows the show and as others have suggested, she was trying to be the viewers. 

The bigger deal for me was that Vicki used Brook's cancer for a storyline since she did state that Brook's didn't want it.  This is 'your man', the guy you supposedly love.  But that is Vicki.  Because it is all about Vicki and what she 'needs'. 

Interesting that Tamra stated on WWHL that Brooks broke up with Vicki.  Was Brooks finally humiliated enough about him being forced to extend his cancer for the sake of Vicki's orange?  IMO, Vicki was not being the Vicki we're used to when dealing with a crisis.  She just wasn't all 'that' about the cancer most of the season.  And then we have Vicki contradicting herself about being with him during chemo treatments and doctors' appointments.  It just didn't seem 'right'. 

I honestly don't believe Vicki wanted the season to revolve around her boyfriend's cancer.  According to Andy and Vicki Brooks came on pretty much kicking and screaming.  His cancer is part of their relationship-I don't think Brooks fell for the coffee enema routine.  I don't think Brooks was married to the idea of the no sugar diet or many other things thrown his way.  Brooks may just not trust chemotherapy and may have had a scare during chemo.  Vicki said she went to chemo-not doctor's appointments.  She apparently does attend nutritionist's appointments.

For some reason this made me think back to a few seasons ago when Ryan showed Tamra his stupid tattoo 'Nugget'--the one inside his lower lip and explained that it was to commemorate the miscarriage his then GF had, losing their baby to be--their lil Nugget. Tamra, of course, flipped out. I suspect that, on some level he wanted a baby--one of those 'I want someone who will love me and who I can love' things. Then the reality of diapers, 2 AM feedings, crying and bills hit home and it was a serious case of Holy Crap!--didn't expect this, get me outta here! No sympathy from me--immature jerk. Grow the hell up and deal with your responsibilities and the baby who will be around a lot longer than you will. By law she's your responsibility for at least the next 18 years. Does he even have a job at this point? And yep--hen and his baby mama (and I hate that expression but nothing else seems to fit) won't last.

A poster upthread (sorry, forget who) mentioned that Brianna couldn't comment on Brooks looking healthy because she hadn't seen him in however long. But she probably has seen him--every week on her TV. I'm not defending her or condemning her; I'm just saying.

And I'm on board with the fact that this season isn't pleasant or fun TV. We're all used to the fake/scripted drama and fights here but cancer, real or not, isn't food for entertainment. Meghan is simply vile and possibly nuts in her determination for screen time and her holy crusade to out Brooks as a lying liar. It's not funny or opening any plotlines other than she needs to zip it. Her relationship with her husband is painful to see and I want her to go away.

This show and it's producers reek of desperation.

edited to finish a thought

I am the poster who is calling horsefeathers on Briana claiming Brooks didn't look sick.  First the comment was on the first episode of this season. Brooks was last filmed in April of 1014, those segments aired and the Reunion was taped prior to Brooks coming out of remission in October of 2014.  The segment where Briana's comment was voiced would have been filmed in January of 2015 and then aired in June 2015.  There would be no way for Briana to see what Brooks looked like as the show had not aired and in fact had not been filmed.  So either Brooks is visiting with Briana or Briana is just talking out her butt.  As a nurse she would never be basing a medical opinion on a photograph or even filmed footage.    I have to agree with Michael, Briana is "ridiculous" when it comes to Brooks.

• Love 4

Hmmm, I have a few hours to kill today. I think I may send a text to Meghan's ex and make a few inquiries. Because I think I know someone that I knew in high school whose brother's best friend's sister in law was one time married to a friend of Meghan's ex husbands cousin.

Then, her ex mother in law may have a few stories. Also Allison Edmonds may be willing to enlighten us a little regarding Meghan.

I don't doubt that there are a few juicy anecdotes out there that would be very interesting.

• Love 18

Except if you were born in Southern Connecticut.....first words are Red Sox Suck!

Ha ha Maisie! It's all good! Reggie Jackson was a cool dude...not as cool as Jim Rice...but still cool! I see all you Oakland and NY fans out there :)

I would say Mr. October reigns supreme over Jimmy, cough, cough, Mr. Baseball, cough, cough Jimmy Edmonds! :)

I'm mad at Meghan for making me sympathize with Jimmy. He's arrogant, bossy, licks his fingers while being filmed, but got stuck with Meghan. There's your karma, the justice of Miss Meghan is coming full circle and biting Jimmy.

• Love 3

I think this is apples and oranges. If Meg wants to play the "eye for an eye" card, then she should be happy to weigh in on Vicki's relationship to Brooks and Briana to Vicki's face. What she has done, however, is to undertake amateur detective work to expose Vicki's boyfriend, who did absolutely nothing to Meghan. It's not like Vicki called Hayley's school pretending to be a college admissions officer requesting her transcript to find out if Hayley ever got into trouble. It's not like Vicki contacted Meghan's ex-husband for dish on their relationship. I just don't see any correlation between Vicki being a busybody (and, yes, I agree with the posters upthread who said Meghan opened the door for all this by martyring herself for not being Hayley's bio Mom) and Meghan going so far beyond that pale that it's truly loony bin behavior. I mean, imagine if someone did that to you in real life? I think Vicki has been pretty calm about it all considering the ridiculousness of it.

I'm not saying that Meg was right to do some of the things she did but neither was Vicki with some of the comments she made and it was only Vicki who really went over the top regarding Meg's marriage and her relationship with the step kids and exes.  And I'm not saying it was an eye for an eye.  Vicki has always had no problem making judgements about other people and opens the door  and that played a part in Meg's thinking, right or wrong.

And Vicki calling a school to request a transcript is not a comparison.  Meg called Brook's doctor office and asked if he treated cancer.  She didn't say Brook's name nor did she ask for medical transcripts.  And yeah, she was wrong to contact the ex.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 3

Hmmm, I have a few hours to kill today. I think I may send a text to Meghan's ex and make a few inquiries. Because I think I know someone that I knew in high school whose brother's best friend's sister in law was one time married to a friend of Meghan's ex husbands cousin.

Then, her ex mother in law may have a few stories. Also Allison Edmonds may be willing to enlighten us a little regarding Meghan.

I don't doubt that there are a few juicy anecdotes out there that would be very interesting.

Bahahahaha Happy Camper! Good luck and may the force be with you and may God have mercy on your soul! (Sarcasm to all other posters). I like the willingness to take one for the team! But, no worries, that's what Starcasm, Radar Onlies and those other outrageous rags are supposed to be doing for us with inquiring minds.

Something tells me Meghan embarrassed her young, up and coming attorney husband...

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 3

SO...let me get this straight.....in order to prove someone doesn't have cancer you call his doctor and LIE about having cancer? WTF??? I've caught heat for calling Megan a child but this is some childish f'ed up behavior. Reminds me of kids who call the school pretending to be Mom or Dad and saying their kid is sick so they can skip school. CHILDISH....Then she calls and ex??? WOW NO boundaries on that one. Seriously, this should be on Hot Wives of Vegas that's how stupid it is. And because I say i every dam week...SHUT UP MEGAN.

Totally agree! I am surprised that her age came into play when the wives were talking about her being a stepmom, but Noone really mentions it when she is behaving childish.

• Love 6

What part of "shut up" and "it's none of your business" is that darned Meghan not getting? She is putting her nose into medical issues that are none of her business, in no shape, way, how. In fact, if she were in a real workplace, she'd be fired already for violations of HIPPA. You know who she reminds me of, that stupid girl from the view who was way too young to be so conservative and opinionated. Something is wrong with her. She has no gauge for appropriateness.

e.

While I wholeheartedly agree with you on Justice Megs, there's no comparison to that smirky, know it all, amateur investigator, to the sweet, big hearted Boston College educated (Very Selective, high SAT score required) Elizabeth H. She never reacted out of revenge only kindness when dealing with Vicki like screaming banshees on the View. She's the opposite of Meghan King Edmonds. Being opinionated based on facts is okay, it's how you treat your fellow man, react under fire and conduct yourself that matters. Both Meghan and Vicki lose on those grounds. Elizabeth also managed to be civil while outnumbered and maintained friendships with some of those ladies in spite of their differences. That's the mark of maturity and how all humans should behave in my book. Lydia was the closest we had to a harmless housewife on the OC.

• Love 8

I completely missed that...and it sounds genius...when did he say that to her?

Re watch when Jimmy & Meghan make their entrance at Shannon's Aries party. They are walking in by the pool, most of the guests are across from them and Meghan starts waving to the crowd as she enters the party on camera. Then, Jimmy shuts her down. It's too funny. Remember Meghan accusing Shannon of not being that important? Looks like Meghan reserves the title of Princess for herself!

• Love 3

I honestly don't believe Vicki wanted the season to revolve around her boyfriend's cancer.  According to Andy and Vicki Brooks came on pretty much kicking and screaming.  His cancer is part of their relationship-I don't think Brooks fell for the coffee enema routine.  I don't think Brooks was married to the idea of the no sugar diet or many other things thrown his way.  Brooks may just not trust chemotherapy and may have had a scare during chemo.  Vicki said she went to chemo-not doctor's appointments.  She apparently does attend nutritionist's appointments.

I didn't say that she did wanted the season to revolve around Brook's cancer but she did want as one of her storylines.  She said in her blog that Brook's didn't want to talk about the cancer but she convinced him otherwise.  And I question the sources regarding Vicki being forced to have Brooks on and they certainly can't force Brooks to talk about his cancer.  They may have put pressure on Vicki but I doubt they gave her any ultimatums. 

What I find interesting is that her bestie, Tamra, is the one who launched the question-ability of Brook's cancer which eventually became a main storyline which they're all questioning now.

• Love 4

Totally Agree! Meghan was OTT towards Shannon because of "the phone call" and the result of her anger was to not invite Shannon to her charity function because of Meghan saying some thing like Shannon didn't deserve an invite because of Shannon's behavior! Cause, justice!

Meghan was looking for sympathy when discussing her role as a stepmom and wishing Jimmys kids were her own children. Vicki AND Tamra slapped her down and I don't blame them. But, Meghan is Tamras mini me and was bringing on the Brooks doesn't have cancer storyline...So, Tamra stays loyal to the agenda.

Vicki goes OTT in her reaction to Meghan's anti Brooks campaign and Meghan declared all means necessary in this war against Vicki & Brooks, Cause, justice! Meghan thinks she is the justice squad for the audience or something...

Meghan is revenge oriented, not justice oriented, big difference. Bad behavior from Vicki towards Meghan for voicing an opinion that Meghan didn't like, was Meghan's justification for her and the outing Brooks campaign. Two wrongs don't make a right as we all know and Meghan took that to a whole new level. She deserves Jimmys negative reaction. She was acting more like a misbehaving child then a 30 year old adult and that is why Jim reacts as he does and why the women pick on Meghan's age. She doesn't act her age, that's the real problem.

She is just like Tamra, but she at least tries to own her mistakes, in her blogs, after negative audience reaction...( and likely because in real life Meghan's parents or grandparents are mortified and yelling at her to behave and mind her manners) I don't believe Tamra when she says she's trying to change. Meghan has hope because her smirk and actions for justice are for the show. While Tamras mother seems okay, we know Tamra does not have a healthy relationship with her father & brothers. We also witnessed Tamras mom yelling at Jeana "Don't touch my daughter" and watch Tamra throw wine in Jeana's face. Tamra had voiced her issues with her mom in earlier seasons.

I don't know how Meghan behaved during her first marriage why not give her ex a call-here is his direct number and e-mail-http://www.hubbardmitchell.com/Bradley-R-McDill.php I am kidding no one need call him.  I am not an internet championing scourer.  It took two searches nor did I have a friend living in Mississippi.  The next step would be of course to contact her former sorority sisters-maybe she use to eat and purge, maybe she use to like girls-who knows or better yet who cares?

• Love 8

I wonder how that discussion would have gone if Brooks and Vicki knew that psycho bitch called Brooks's Dr and pretended to have cancer to cross every line of decency known to man to prove a point that's none of her fucking business. I really hate her.

They would have every right to get a restraining order against her.

• Love 16

I don't know how Meghan behaved during her first marriage why not give her ex a call-here is his direct number and e-mail-http://www.hubbardmitchell.com/Bradley-R-McDill.php I am kidding no one need call him.  I am not an internet championing scourer.  It took two searches nor did I have a friend living in Mississippi.  The next step would be of course to contact her former sorority sisters-maybe she use to eat and purge, maybe she use to like girls-who knows or better yet who cares?

"Because Justice ... Justice Cares."

- Meghan King Edmonds

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 12

I dont believe for a second that Ryan will come back to Auburn. I live in Nor Cal (Lodi..as in Stuck In). I LOVE Auburn, but is a tiny, rustic, kind of Mountain Town, with an adorable historic downtown area.

Cant even imagine Ryan trapped here with her, 3 girls tgat arent his, a new baby and ONLY her family. No one to bail him out or baby him.

If her family is a "Owns the Gun Store" kinda family in a mountain town (compared to OC), Im sure they have expected him to Man Up. Something that is never gonna happen

• Love 7

I'm not saying that Meg was right to do some of the things she did but neither was Vicki with some of the comments she made and it was only Vicki who really went over the top regarding Meg's marriage and her relationship with the step kids and exes.  And I'm not saying it was an eye for an eye.  Vicki has always had no problem making judgements about other people and opens the door  and that played a part in Meg's thinking, right or wrong.

And Vicki calling a school to request a transcript is not a comparison.  Meg called Brook's doctor office and asked if he treated cancer.  She didn't say Brook's name nor did she ask for medical transcripts.  And yeah, she was wrong to contact the ex.

I agree Vicki is very judgmental and Meghan is becoming the next Vicki. I don't think Vicki made such a big deal over Meghan the step-mom, I just think Vicki doesn't care about Meghan and doesn't want to hear about her period.  She let the world know that when she snored at her "couples party" the one Meghan's husband did not attend.  Vicki did not want to join the support Meghan who is dealing with her husband's ex-wife's cancer circle.  It is not the least bit relevant to her.  Quite frankly I found it a little opportunistic that the woman was involved at all in the RHOC.  It felt like let's film this terminally ill woman and when she passes it can be acknowledged in the closings at some point during the season.  For more objectionable to me was introducing Leann's cancer than Brooks'.

Well Meghan did not have to call the doctor's office, she knew whether or not the doctor was an oncologist.  "Treating cancer" and treating patients who have cancer are two different things.  Many people go to ancillary treatment providers who treat the whole person through, diet, massage and other modalities.  They are not necessarily treating the cancer but they are treating the cancer patient. FDA prohibits providers from making certain claims.

Meghan was very careful how she worded things-I am Meghan I have cancer.  She claims the doctor's office told her she needed an oncologist. Had she said I have elected to opt out of chemo and I am wondering if there are any services you can provide?  No, she didn't because it might result in an answer that supports Brooks.  This does not mean that this doctor's office is not seeing Brooks or even that they claim their treatments are in lieu of other conventional cancer treatments.  So it was an epic fail and really unfair because apparently everyone in the group knows who this physician is-and makes the physician seem iffy.

Let's say instead Vicki called the high school where the girls were attending the winter formal and asked if they allowed home study students to attend regular graduation-would that be overstepping?  I think it would.  Hayley in her tweets whined it was unfair she didn't get to graduate with her friends.  I mean from that statement it could be assumed Hayley didn't graduate if one follows Meghan think. 

• Love 8

As several here have pointed out, Meghan is no newbie to "Reality TV", so I am sure she studied up on the OC show before she began filming. She is following Vicki's and Tamra's methods of securing her Bravo job by bringing it. Without a doubt, she, Meghan is OTT and nasty but so are Vicki/Tamra and Vicki and Tamra are still on the show because of their OTT/nasty behavior, so IMO, Meghan is trying to secure her role on the show but acting like they did/do.

All true but (and again, please correct me if I'm wrong--wouldn't be the first time) it seems to me that the current and recent seasons of the various HW franchises all going heavy on the scripted, fake drama and cat fights which seem--reading the sites like this one--not to be working all that well. This season in particular seems rather desperate. People seem bored or annoyed by the BS. I also was under the impression that ratings are down across the HW board.

I don't see how bringing more of the same or ramping up the garbage is helpful in the long run. I know there's supposedly no such thing as bad press, but I have my doubts about that.

• Love 2

I dont believe for a second that Ryan will come back to Auburn. I live in Nor Cal (Lodi..as in Stuck In). I LOVE Auburn, but is a tiny, rustic, kind of Mountain Town, with an adorable historic downtown area.

Cant even imagine Ryan trapped here with her, 3 girls tgat arent his, a new baby and ONLY her family. No one to bail him out or baby him.

If her family is a "Owns the Gun Store" kinda family in a mountain town (compared to OC), Im sure they have expected him to Man Up. Something that is never gonna happen

Ooh - I remember visiting Auburn and ?Grass Valley? in the mid 80s - my BF & I were looking at some land with a cabin, and were interrupted by the sound of nearby machine gun fire.  I insisted we leave the area immediately, even though the realtor was nonplussed.  Pretty place, but the peoples? they skeered me!

• Love 5

Re watch when Jimmy & Meghan make their entrance at Shannon's Aries party. They are walking in by the pool, most of the guests are across from them and Meghan starts waving to the crowd as she enters the party on camera. Then, Jimmy shuts her down. It's too funny. Remember Meghan accusing Shannon of not being that important? Looks like Meghan reserves the title of Princess for herself!

Flove!

• Love 2

I agree Vicki is very judgmental and Meghan is becoming the next Vicki. I don't think Vicki made such a big deal over Meghan the step-mom, I just think Vicki doesn't care about Meghan and doesn't want to hear about her period.  She let the world know that when she snored at her "couples party" the one Meghan's husband did not attend.  Vicki did not want to join the support Meghan who is dealing with her husband's ex-wife's cancer circle.  It is not the least bit relevant to her.  Quite frankly I found it a little opportunistic that the woman was involved at all in the RHOC.  It felt like let's film this terminally ill woman and when she passes it can be acknowledged in the closings at some point during the season.  For more objectionable to me was introducing Leann's cancer than Brooks'.

Well Meghan did not have to call the doctor's office, she knew whether or not the doctor was an oncologist.  "Treating cancer" and treating patients who have cancer are two different things.  Many people go to ancillary treatment providers who treat the whole person through, diet, massage and other modalities.  They are not necessarily treating the cancer but they are treating the cancer patient. FDA prohibits providers from making certain claims.

Meghan was very careful how she worded things-I am Meghan I have cancer.  She claims the doctor's office told her she needed an oncologist. Had she said I have elected to opt out of chemo and I am wondering if there are any services you can provide?  No, she didn't because it might result in an answer that supports Brooks.  This does not mean that this doctor's office is not seeing Brooks or even that they claim their treatments are in lieu of other conventional cancer treatments.  So it was an epic fail and really unfair because apparently everyone in the group knows who this physician is-and makes the physician seem iffy.

Let's say instead Vicki called the high school where the girls were attending the winter formal and asked if they allowed home study students to attend regular graduation-would that be overstepping?  I think it would.  Hayley in her tweets whined it was unfair she didn't get to graduate with her friends.  I mean from that statement it could be assumed Hayley didn't graduate if one follows Meghan think. 

I agree with you on everything except the part of Vicki calling the high school.  I don't think that would be overstepping if Meg's making claims that Vicki had heard otherwise.  It's a harmless phone call for the school and if Meg is BS'ing then Vicki has a right to call her out if it's untrue.  That's what you sign up for when you go on a reality show.

Yeah, but it appears the family did not get the other three (!) baby daddies to Man Up, so I guess Ryan figures he can skip out at any time like they (apparently) did. 

I'm just praying we won't be subjected to a very special Ryan Gets Married episode of RHoOC. GAG.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 6

Ha ha Maisie! It's all good! Reggie Jackson was a cool dude...not as cool as Jim Rice...but still cool! I see all you Oakland and NY fans out there :)

I would say Mr. October reigns supreme over Jimmy, cough, cough, Mr. Baseball, cough, cough Jimmy Edmonds! :)

I'm mad at Meghan for making me sympathize with Jimmy. He's arrogant, bossy, licks his fingers while being filmed, but got stuck with Meghan. There's your karma, the justice of Miss Meghan is coming full circle and biting Jimmy.

LOL IKR! I am mad at Meghan for not only making me sympathize with Jimmy, but also sympathizing with Brooks!

• Love 10

All true but (and again, please correct me if I'm wrong--wouldn't be the first time) it seems to me that the current and recent seasons of the various HW franchises all going heavy on the scripted, fake drama and cat fights which seem--reading the sites like this one--not to be working all that well. This season in particular seems rather desperate. People seem bored or annoyed by the BS. I also was under the impression that ratings are down across the HW board.

I don't see how bringing more of the same or ramping up the garbage is helpful in the long run. I know there's supposedly no such thing as bad press, but I have my doubts about that.

I've watched the Beverly Hills, Atlanta, and NYC HW franchises and dropped all of them in the middle of their most recent seasons because they got so annoying, stupid, and boring. Only hung on to OC for old time's sake, I guess, and I do love the Vick-ster. She's like an old pal at this point. Thought we were to see more of Jeanna this season also, and I like Shannon, although I had no idea her season would be such a downer. I sort of hope OC will end after this season because there's so little to enjoy here. Production and cast have ruined these shows with stupid drama and bitchy, petty fights. Bottom of the barrel isn't entertaining.

• Love 5

I agree with you on everything except the part of Vicki calling the high school.  I don't think that would be overstepping if Meg's making claims that Vicki had heard otherwise.  It's a harmless phone call for the school and if Meg is BS'ing then Vicki has a right to call her out if it's untrue.  That's what you sign up for when you go on a reality show.

To me, even though it is a reality show, it is not realistic to run around and check on "friends'" claims.  I would not be travelling to Tahiti with said person, attending parties with said person and at the same time calling to fact check a friend a friend's boyfriend or stepchild.  I think that is what the producers are trying to convey-unrealistic to do such a thing.  The going out to lunch and comparing notes and talking behind one's back-totally believable.  Heather and Shannon are kind of playing that role-they don't raise the issue but they listen or answer when asked.

Just like telling Meghan what Vicki said Brooks said Jim said is being supportive of Brooks.    That is not being supportive of Brooks or Vicki-being supportive would be to say-I suggest you ask Vicki that question.  Has Tamra learned nothing about passing on marital bad news?

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

Yeah, but it appears the family did not get the other three (!) baby daddies to Man Up, so I guess Ryan figures he can skip out at any time like they (apparently) did.

I'm just praying we won't be subjected to a very special Ryan Gets Married episode of RHoOC. GAG.

Exactly!!! I cant imagine him ever setting foot in Auburn again. It absolutely had to be a complete nightmare for him!! Lol

• Love 5

When Meghan was getting ready for the party and she told Jim "I'm only going to give you limited information," I think she meant "I'm not telling him I actually called Brooks's doctor."

I would have loved to seen the look on Jim's face when he found out that little *nugget.

• Love 11

I didn't say that she did wanted the season to revolve around Brook's cancer but she did want as one of her storylines.  She said in her blog that Brook's didn't want to talk about the cancer but she convinced him otherwise.  And I question the sources regarding Vicki being forced to have Brooks on and they certainly can't force Brooks to talk about his cancer.  They may have put pressure on Vicki but I doubt they gave her any ultimatums. 

What I find interesting is that her bestie, Tamra, is the one who launched the question-ability of Brook's cancer which eventually became a main storyline which they're all questioning now.

The sources that Vicki had to film with Brooks are Vicki and Andy Cohen. She was given an ultimatum, either she filmed with Brooks or she didn't film at all, as he was a part of her reality. Vicki stated this numerous times and Andy Cohen backed her up both in interviews and on his show. I think it was also in his most recent book. So, the sources are pretty sound.

The cancer stuff is really because Vicki convinced Brooks to talk about it on camera, I don't think that was production influenced. I think Brooks wanted to limit the details of his illness and treatment, which he has every right to do, but that made him appear shadier than he already appeared. Still, I don't blame him for not wanting to discuss the details. There aren't a lot of cancer patients that would feel comfortable bringing that to the camera. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 6

Something changed in the HW format, across the board. They went from "showcasing" wealthy lifestyles of women and their families, with some interactions between the HWs, to all about made up/producer driven fights between the women/their husbands at forced gatherings/trips/parties with very little of their real lives being shown. The shows went from being "docusoaps" of real women to "cheap/bad soaps" featuring almost faux everything. I said several years ago that I think Andy hates women and I still think that. JMO

• Love 21

The sources that Vicki had to film with Brooks are Vicki and Andy Cohen. She was given an ultimatum, either she filmed with Brooks or she didn't film at all, as he was a part of her reality. Vicki stated this numerous times and Andy Cohen backed her up both in interviews and on his show. I think it was also in his most recent book. So, the sources are pretty sound.

The cancer stuff is really because Vicki convinced Brooks to talk about it on camera, I don't think that was production influenced. I think Brooks wanted to limit the details of his illness and treatment, which he has every right to do, but that made him appear shadier than he already appeared. Still, I don't blame him for not wanting to discuss the details. There aren't a lot of cancer patients that would feel comfortable bringing that to the camera. 

You're right but I still call BS on it.  Bethenny had a boyfriend all this season on RHNY.  You'd never know it watching the show.  They wanted Brooks back, not because he's a part of Vicki's life, but for the drama he has created over the years.  And, once again, he inadvertently did it again this season.  I think the whole reducing her role was just a power play.  I highly doubt they would have taken away her orange at that point.  And what if Brooks refused to film?  For anyone that's interested here's a link regarding Vicki having Brooks on the show:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/was-vicki-gunvalson-forced-to-film-with-brooks-ayers

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 6

When Ryan threw out the "Eddie's not my father!" line, I bet that Tamra was thinking that three of Sarah's kids aren't her grandkids. She's only ever talked about Ava as her grandchild. I guess she could be worried about infringing on the other grandmas' territory, but it's something that I've always noticed. Given the Radar articles about Sarah with oddly-specific information, I don't think Tamra is in Sarah's corner. I'm not sure that Ryan is since he seemed frustrated by the fact that Sarah has kids. He said things were great when they first met but then the reality of her having three children hadn't sunk in. I feel bad for her kids. Who knows how many times they've been moved around.

Am I looking at this the wrong way? Maybe a step-grandmother can provide some insight?

You've got it. Step parenting when it's not your kid is the hardest thing in the world to do. There are no rules, it's always up to the parent no matter what, and because there are no rules it's a situation that guarantee's that no matter what, no matter how hard you try, you are going to do or say something that's just not what the other party wants to hear. Tamra is right for being careful, everything she does is (almost) always taken out of context, she needs to watch it all.  Even here and now, I'm more concerned about wording something so carefully as to not piss off the party of the other part.

The consequences can be dire; not seeing the children and/or grands.

• Love 4

I can't get over the way Meghan is so blasé about what she did... she is quite open about chasing down Brooks' ex who commented on a blog.... open about the lengths she went to contact said ex... open about calling the Dr's office... open about pretending to have cancer for that phone call. Meghan is happy to discuss all of her bedazzled headband wearing super hero activity so openly. No uncomfortableness about her actions when being confronted by Brooks and Vicki!

It's her attitude about what she did, rather than why, that gets to me. Blows. My. Mind.

(ps. Dear Grammar Police, I know what an ellipsis is, and what it means, and when one should use it. I, however, use it with reckless abandon in my own way. Maybe I'm more like Meghan than I realise? Oh dear.)

Is it really any different then someone or anyone here doing the same at home to find out who the other women was/is with David Beador? (i feel like i must use both names or it's wrong).  I just see that she's owning her shit outright.  I've commented on FB and gotten replies from Brooks' (?) ex whom he owes c.s. to. 

I just accept it as internet usage.

• Love 2

Ooh - I remember visiting Auburn and ?Grass Valley? in the mid 80s - my BF & I were looking at some land with a cabin, and were interrupted by the sound of nearby machine gun fire.  I insisted we leave the area immediately, even though the realtor was nonplussed.  Pretty place, but the peoples? they skeered me!

My family passed through Auburn many times on our way to Donner Lake, where my aunt had a condo, or going to Lake Tahoe.  I loved stopping at Ikeda's for a shake...yum, yum :)

• Love 3

You're right but I still call BS on it.  Bethenny had a boyfriend all this season on RHNY.  You'd never know it watching the show.  They wanted Brooks back, not because he's a part of Vicki's life, but for the drama he has created over the years.  And, once again, he inadvertently did it again this season.  I think the whole reducing her role was just a power play.  I highly doubt they would have taken away her orange at that point.  And what if Brooks refused to film?  For anyone that's interested here's a link regarding Vicki having Brooks on the show:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/was-vicki-gunvalson-forced-to-film-with-brooks-ayers

This was the first year I saw a total reluctance on Brooks part to be included.  I always feel like his scenes are chopped up and designed to show him in the worst possible light.  My how things have changed from Brooks "buying" the fur coat and Brooks arriving at the marina and Vicki joyfully exclaiming, "you bought a boat," and Brooks saying, "no, rented one for the night."  I do think much of Brooks' previous bluster had far more to do with Vicki wanting him to be something he is not, and Brooks wanting to capitalize on Vicki's fame.  Let's face it Donn wasn't going to push too things to hard, with his hobby being a sex club where he has sex in front of others (so many levels of yuck there).  Vicki has been dipping into one thing after another since she joined the show and most of all what she needed was an escort and Brooks was willing to do it.

I would be curious how Briana would feel if Bravo said, "no Brooks, no Vicki and no Briana."  I wonder if her feelings would change because without Bravo money Vicki is not going out to Oklahoma 14 times a year.  Always seemed odd that Michael could warm up to him but Briana competes so with Brooks.. 

So far no big announcement after Brooks proclamation on Twitter.  They are filming the Reunion either tomorrow or Friday.  Tamra gleefully marked her territory with Vicki proclaiming they talk every day.  Something tells me the OG of the OC is getting a little nervous about next year's casting.  Tamra will just keep adding family members until her life becomes a copy of Full House.

• Love 5

Is it really any different then someone or anyone here doing the same at home to find out who the other women was/is with David Beador? (i feel like i must use both names or it's wrong).  I just see that she's owning her shit outright.  I've commented on FB and gotten replies from Brooks' (?) ex whom he owes c.s. to. 

It's a little different when you actually go so far as to find out the contact information and then text them.  Also, I doubt people plan to use this knowledge to expose OTW or to use this knowledge with intent of embarrassing the Beadors on television in front of millions of people across the country or in a published blog.

Edited by Lyra Angelica
  • Love 4

I've never done that, or facebooked/stalked anyone.  Guess I'm one of the few dinosaurs whose idea of "social media" is PTV.  :~)

• Love 12

None of us are actually in David Beador's life nor will any of us be confronting him with any information found.

• Love 9

I think one has to consider the big picture with Meg's going after Brooks 'cancer'.  Meg is coming from a place where Vicki had no problem expressing her opinion on Meg as a person and her marriage to Jim which was none of Vicki's business.  So, why shouldn't Meg express her feelings (especially given Brook's 'history') regarding Vicki's storyline regarding Brook's cancer?  I guess I don't have as much vitriol regarding Meg because I've watched Vicki's actions for the last ten seasons.  Vicki has been the biggest hypocrite followed by Tamra (ok, that's debatable).  I just don't have any sympathy for any of them. 

This. So very much.  

• Love 3

The thing about what Meghan did is that medical information and conditions are soooo extremely private and personal, and digging into someone's medical condition without permission is such a violation of privacy.  This is on a whole different level from making comments about how Meghan parents Haley, which Meghan brought up in the first place.  And Brooks and Vicki did not ask for Meghan's help, advice or opinion about his condition.  Yes, Vicki does open her big mouth and provide unwanted advice and commentary, as with her comments on Meghan's and Jim's marriage, but that doesn't make what Meghan did right or ok, and it wasn't Brooks who was making the comments about Meghan anyway except for relaying a conversation he had with Jim to Vicki in another private conversation.  Even if Brooks doesn't have cancer, this doesn't give Meghan the right to do what she did.

• Love 13

The thing about what Meghan did is that medical information and conditions are soooo extremely private and personal, and digging into someone's medical condition without permission is such a violation of privacy.  This is on a whole different level from making comments about how Meghan parents Haley, which Meghan brought up in the first place.  And Brooks and Vicki did not ask for Meghan's help, advice or opinion about his condition.  Yes, Vicki does open her big mouth and provide unwanted advice and commentary, as with her comments on Meghan's and Jim's marriage, but that doesn't make what Meghan did right or ok, and it wasn't Brooks who was making the comments about Meghan anyway except for relaying a conversation he had with Jim to Vicki in another private conversation.  Even if Brooks doesn't have cancer, this doesn't give Meghan the right to do what she did.

I remembered something reading this. I thought there was a point during the conversation with Vicki and Brooks that Meghan said something about liking knowledge and information and something about how she is when someone tells her she can't have it? 

• Love 8
None of us are actually in David Beador's life nor will any of us be confronting him with any information found.

Quite true. And nobody lied to get said information. Megan pretending to have cancer, even though it really didn't harm anyone, was just so so gross to me. 

• Love 14

It's a little different when you actually go so far as to find out the contact information and then text them.  Also, I doubt people plan to use this knowledge to expose OTW or to use this knowledge with intent of embarrassing the Beadors on television in front of millions of people across the country or in a published blog.

You mean like Tamra did with Slade's ex? Calling her to get info about the owed CS to help bolster her/Vicki's personal vendetta against Gretchen/Slade? Or Tamra contacting Gretchen's ex BF?  And how BOTH Tamra and Vicki used that info against G/S on camera on the show and at the reunion? Sorry, I am NOT sorry that Vicki is getting a taste of her own medicine. If Brooks has cancer, then Vicki should have respected HIS wishes and kept it OFF camera, NOT use it as her main storyline this season. Who does that to someone they profess to love? Oh Right, Vicki does.

This does not mean I condone what Meghan did, I think she has gone way too far BUT I think Meghan studied the show and saw that this is exactly what Tamra and/or Vicki would have done....so she did it. I have no sympathy for either Vicki OR Tamra and now include Meghan in that same category, ALL 3 need to go IMO.

• Love 8