Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Becoming World Class

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I wonder who is the awkward office visit.

Do they do jump splits this week?

I'm always surprised by the girls who have never tried a jump split before. I just don't understand why they wouldn't learn or at least practice with a veteran a couple of times before the practice.

Or did they do jump splits last week?

Question: when they are called into the office is it a warning and a warning sign that you are on the bottom? Maybe not a warning in those few cases where they were asking about jobs and settling in to Dallas.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 1

Maybe a TCC asks to see KELLI in the office instead of other way around?  I wonder if that'd even be allowed to happen?

Could that be Karen? Didn't she tweet on Twitter to Kelli that she needed to talk to her?

• Love 1

Maybe a TCC asks to see KELLI in the office instead of other way around?  I wonder if that'd even be allowed to happen?

I know TCC's in the past have requested meetings to discuss injuries that we've seen on camera, so assume they'd allow them to request a meeting for other purposes.  I'd guess if they did, most wouldn't be for reasons worthy of airing.  I am incredibly curious what the awkward visit is going to be.

• Love 1

Aww, Jason Garrett, what a cutie patootie!!

I thought for sure they would change Taylor's hair from that harsh blonde to her more natural darker hair. Is she Latina?

Cortney has horrible skin.

Madeline's makeover was nice but still not enough.

Damn, but I do love Kelli's hair color and highlights.

Edited by Ferniesfreckles
  • Love 1

Cassie Trammel is just not cute. She has no lips!

I know. It's such a shame when a beautiful mom has a daughter thats significantly less attractive. That's what's happening in there :/.

I know. It's such a shame when a beautiful mom has a daughter thats significantly less attractive. That's what's happening there :/.

Newbie here!

I've been watching MTT on CMT and I'm hooked!

I tweeted to Kelli the other day ~ LOL ~ she favorited my Tweet.

Anyway, I was quite shocked at Cassie Trammell's appearance (to put it mildly).......anyway, it's kind of obvious who the next cuts are..................

I think they will cut the girl they spoke to tonight WHO WAS SO SCARED!!! And the one they spoke to tonight who they keep saying is "awkward." And perhaps Shelbi.

• Love 1

Most of the before/after shots looked the same to me!

I loved seeing the alumni doing the fashion show.

Did Kelli yell, "yummy water!" at them? I rewinded because "yall need water" makes much more sense, but I keep hearing yummy.

Next week looks like an awkward office visit, too.

• Love 2

This was a good episode. I think this season has been an improvement from the last 2 seasons.

Madeline's hair color was still bad to be. Maybe it was too dark to change to drastically. Megan B? (the one who got called into the office) is so awkward. I think her teeth are too big and they distract me. I also wonder how she flew under the radar as being shy when the other girl got cut for the same thing (I already forgot her name). 

The makeovers were ok. The fashion show was not the worst because they didn't do the tacky outfits this year. I think using that to show who can shine in public is a great idea. It was also nice to see the DCC alumni. I guess that was their way of giving us an update on former DCC's without having to do a separate show.

I already cannot wait until next week!

• Love 2

Shelbi was listing all the friends of hers that were DCCs and they were all people who were cut - or at least a lot were. Haha! I don't get why all these girls think competitive cheer is a pathway to the DCC? The dancing in competitive cheer routines is for the most part awful (my DD has done it and even shell admit that) and there is virtually no technque - plus their dance is only like 4-5 eight counts out of a single routine that they perform the same one of all year! Competitive cheer is mostly stunts and tumbling, with a little bit of jumps - none of which you need for DCC! The DCCs are a dancing team - you need to train in studio dance and expose yourself to repeated situations where you have to learn new dance choreography. I suspect that what's actually happening is these girls are just coordinated/athletic pretty girls who aged out of competitive cheer, and they think it would be fun and cool to try to be a DCC now - this stuff about it being a lifelong dream is just a line cause if it really was their dream they would have taken a different training path.

None of the makeovers really made that big of a difference. Boy did they need to lighten Madelyns hair a lot more - like I think going blonde may have been the only thing that would have possibly got her closer to the DCC look.

Poor Rose - she took the news very professionally though - hopefully she works on things and comes back. I liked her hair lighter and she has a beautiful smile - kudos to her orthodontist - haha.

I liked seeing the DCC alumni in the fashion show.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 3

I loved the "hair color same as the floor" segment!  A few years ago, the salon i went to had a lovely floor. light blond type color and a caramel, and some darker wood. I loved it, and I'd just turned 60, so i was ready for anything, I asked for my hair to be the color of the floor.  I got it, too! One of my favorite things about it was the dark brown streaks in places. My hairdresser called them dragon streaks.  Alas, my hairdresser moved, and now I'm a Revlon #61.

• Love 9

I have no complaints about anything that happened last night.  Both Rose and Madeline were never going to be able to get on the team this year.  Rose because her dancing just wasn't that good and Madeline because she simply doesn't have the DCC look.  Not even after the makeover.  I also think they should have gotten rid of Megan B last night too.  She was completely flaky in ever interview and the way she kept fussing with her hair.  Preening while giggling inanely.  Goofy.

Shelbi too probably should be going soon.  If she feels that she can raise her game to Ashley Pro/Breleen level .... Oh lord, girl.  Ashley and Breleen were both pretty girls and seemed sweet, but neither was setting the DCC world on fire.  And as they didn't even make it to training camp for their second year, I probably wouldn't have mentioned your skill in relation to theirs.

I was pretty disappointed with the makeovers over all.  Kind of blah this year.  Loved Holly as a redhead though!

• Love 3

Alas, my hairdresser moved, and now I'm a Revlon #61.

Awwww, I'm glad you found something that works!  If my colorist (is that a word?) ever leaves, I am majorly screwed!

Anyway...I actually do think Madeline's makeover was a big improvement.  I'm surprised with how black her hair was that a lighter dye "took" at all.  When she was outside crying after getting cut, I noticed Holly made an "awww" kind of face, it looked like she was genuinely sad for her.  Speaking of Holly, I guess her "stockiness" wasn't a big enough deal to make it a thing for show purposes.

Simone injured her shoulder, what was with Kelli's comment "you're dancing with one arm."  Of course she was told to take it easy or else she might tear it.  I'm glad she mentioned getting a cortisone shot, because I was wondering why she was wearing a band aid for tendinitis!

Rose was quite mature in her exit and she genuinely surprised me.  Now I have to wonder if she wasn't being asked some leading questions that made her appear to be more full of herself than she actually is.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

Neither do Kat or Amy Trader. I noticed that from day one and I was surprised that Kelli never commented on it,  since having a great smile is a huge part of the job description. But then I saw Cassie, and remembered that she's got that same thin, almost lipless smile. If it didn't bother Kelli back then, so I guess it doesn't now.

Cortney has horrible skin.

She really got hit by some bad lighting. Or maybe it was just truthful lighting. It makes me wonder what all of them look like in real life.  Especially the veterans. All that heavy makeup for so many years must be murder on the complexion. 

Madeline's hair color was still bad to be. Maybe it was too dark to change to drastically.

It would have taken hours and hours, maybe days to lighten her significantly. I wonder if Kelli just didn't feel like investing the time and effort in a dramatic change, since it was clear by that point Madeline was on the short list for the exit.

Poor Rose - she took the news very professionally though - hopefully she works on things and comes back.

She's "awkward" and her dancing isn't "mature" enough. Good luck figuring out what the hell that means and how to fix it, Rose!

Ashley and Breleen were both pretty girls and seemed sweet, but neither was setting the DCC world on fire.

The difference between Shelbi and those other two is I've never gotten the "sweet" vibe from Shelbi.

Simone injured her shoulder, what was with Kelli's comment "you're dancing with one arm."  Of course she was told to take it easy or else she might tear it. 

What I took away from Simone's talk with K&J is she's had an injury for about 4 months. She does rest and ice, but as soon as she starts using the arm again, the problem flares up again. How is training camp 5 nights a week for 3 months going to improve that situation?

OH MY GOD NOBODY CARES ABOUT BELK OR WALKING A RUNWAY FOR A CHEERLEADING TEAM!

I wonder if they coached any of the girls beforehand. They've got that Belk show and the sexy bikini show every year, so now those activities are "tradition." And like every other DCC tradition, vitally IMPORTANT, and they have STANDARDS. So now I guess runway presence is relevant.

I'm pretty fed up with Kelli calling girls into her office and berating them for being nervous and afraid. (Or bitching about it behind their backs.) That was unfair what she did to Megan.  The "we need leaders" line was bull. A team that is nothing but leaders is a dysfunctional one. Kelli says she wants leaders, but I see her mostly choosing very young women who will follow directions blindly and without question, and yes ma'am everyone left, right, and center. Then, if they muster up some maturity in a year or three, she'll give them some responsibility.

Edited by sleepyjean

The red isn't TERRIBLE, I just think she looked better brunette. 

The same with Stephanie who looks better as a brunette. She wasn't even shown at all. They usually focus on the ones who get a drastic cut or new color.

Kelli mentioned KaShara and Holly looking heavy but they weren't called into the office (unless it wasn't shown). This was another episode that seemed like they rushed through it. I really thought Megan B was cut as first but then i realized she wasn't. Kelli wondered why she wasn't talking. Maybe she was nervous because there's a camera filming everything that's said and will be shown on national TV. 

Kitty was annoying as usual.and gets uglier as she ages (sorry IMHO). Was she trying to hide her face with that cap or just a bad hair day?

Poor Shelbi feels like she had to make TC and the team to compete with her friends (they  were at TSDs together, except Breelan).

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

Shelbi needs to learn that comparison is the thief of joy.  She needs to worry about herself rather than looking at what everyone else is doing.  I had a feeling Rose was a goner.  Well at least they fixed her hair.  

Was it just me or did some of the former DC look way old.  I mean the ones that cheered in the 2000's.  Like Tricia & Crystal Trevino.

Random observation: I have heard two girls, first Erica last season when she talked about her dad she said, "Whenever he passed away...". and Jax this season use the word "Whenever" in a weird way.  Jax said, "Whenever I started at training camp I was trying to tease my hair..."  Is that a Texas thing?  It should be "When" not "Whenever".  Am I nuts?

• Love 4

I enjoyed this episode.  Still felt rushed a long but at least they covered a lot haha

*I was surprised that I really liked Holly Marie’s hair on the show! In some of the pictures it looks SO HARSH but during the make over portion, it was a really pretty red.  Did they end up putting more red in it at summer progressed?? It does make her eyes look great.  Claire’s hair has looked harsh to me too in pics but again, on the show it was very pretty.  I’m glad to finally SEE some of Claire! She seems like a cute, fun personality and a good dancer whenever they actually show her.

*Agree with all that Madeline’s hair didn’t look much different to me (a few highlights maybe?? I guess they figured it was too harsh to make a lot of progress with at this point) but her makeup was MUCH better.  With thicker eyebrows and MASCARA it was a more grown up look for her.  She was very sweet and gracious last night and was surprised she didn’t sob as much as she did the first night haha  It was interesting that they didn’t encourage her to come back next year.  I wonder if they just feel she will never get the style.

*Poor Rose.  That girl never really got enough details on how to fix her problems and she even tried like, “what are the top three things for me to work on for next year?” and they cut her off with ‘feet’ or whatever.   Good luck, girl!  I like her and hope she reauditions but she doesn’t always look either exhausted or ready to tear up. 

*I didn’t even know Megan B existed till last night! If she’s so horrible at conversation how the heck did she make it through the interview portion?  She is super pretty but also all the same color…I guess they didn’t feel the need to give her much of a makeover?

*I didn’t think Kitty was as rude last night.  Maybe because they didn’t show going across the floor but her segment wasn’t the usual slaughter. 

*Not sure what to think of Shelbi…sometimes I love her and other times there is something about her that annoys me.  She never looks like she’s having fun when she performs though.  And girl, why would you list Breelan and Ashley P as your inspirations!?  Say “Caila” and stop there lol

*Felt bad for KaShara and Holly Marie getting called out for weight in front of everyone but I guess it’s better than how they used to all stand there and watch each other get weighed :-P  KaShara and Holly are just built differently, like Alex Hermes.   It’s such a tough situation since Holly is obviously in great shape and both are great dancers and fun performers.  They are definitely my two favorites right now.  I love their personalities, I just want to hang out with KaShara all the time for her one-liners  LOL  And of course she was great on the catwalk, she’s done beauty pageants!

*Sadly didn’t see any preview for next week after watching the episode on CMT.  Did anyone else see what’s on the table for next week?

ETA:  I didn't think Cassie looked bad at all, especially for just having a baby recently! Maybe I just like her so much more now because of her IG where she posts stuff about her kids and OMG they are the absolute cutest!! The Trevinos looked older for sure but still cute.  Sarah Gourley looked awesome!

Edited by LaurenBrook

They showed more of the score sheets last night. One thing I found interesting was Courtney's score from tryouts; Yes: 5 Maybe: 5 No: 6 

I was surprised that she had so many nos, and that she made it into training camp with more nos than yeses or maybes. I wonder what the nos were for, because from what they've shown right now Kelli, Judy, Kitty, and Melissa all seem to like her.

I know Jax was one of the top 3 in the FV along with Colby. Who was the 3rd one? Was it Madeline?

Yes.

I enjoyed this episode.  Still felt rushed a long but at least they covered a lot haha

*I didn’t even know Megan B existed till last night! If she’s so horrible at conversation how the heck did she make it through the interview portion?  She is super pretty but also all the same color…I guess they didn’t feel the need to give her much of a makeover?

ETA:  I didn't think Cassie looked bad at all, especially for just having a baby recently! Maybe I just like her so much more now because of her IG where she posts stuff about her kids and OMG they are the absolute cutest!! The Trevinos looked older for sure but still cute.  Sarah Gourley looked awesome!

I agree, it definitely felt rushed; just like last week.

The only reason I knew Megan B. existed was because there's a Megan C...so I figured there has to be another Megan in there somewhere lol

I don't ever think Cassie looks terrible. I know alot of the folks on here seem to not like her (personally I don't care for her enough to develop an opinion), but I think she's cute. And YES, her babies are ADORBS!

• Love 1

Jax is gorgeous - glad they told her how to fix her hair - she was looking like Loretta Lynn at auditions.  Madeline's makeover was fabulous - especially her eye makeup, she looked like a different person.   I thought it was ironic that Rose and madeline were gracious and articulate while being cut and Megan was a train wreck and she was given more time.  

• Love 1

They showed more of the score sheets last night. One thing I found interesting was Courtney's score from tryouts; Yes: 5 Maybe: 5 No: 6 

I was surprised that she had so many nos, and that she made it into training camp with more nos than yeses or maybes. I wonder what the nos were for, because from what they've shown right now Kelli, Judy, Kitty, and Melissa all seem to like her.

I think Courtney's no's were for looks.  that is my guess anyway, or maybe some thought she was a clumsy dancer (didn't she screw up on the field again? and judy yells at her every week for her dancing).  She is like Madeline to me, cute as a button but not really DCC gorgeous.  She's one I think they just love for her personality and poise but maybe not whole package.

Jax is SO PRETTY.  I didn't think her tease was so bad as her cut made it look like a wig or bad extensions. But Lord knows I would have NO clue how to texas tease my hair either! LOL

• Love 2

IDK how Madeline made it to training camp in the first place.

As they were cutting her, I think Kelli said they were impressed with her solo, and her issue now is that she can't seem to get their dance style.

Megan B is just painful to watch. I mean, WOW.

Crystal Trevino needs some hair help. Those roots. Yikes. Cassie's figure looked great, but as usual her hair and makeup didn't do her any favors. She's cute, but she's not a beautiful girl. I thought Sarah Gourley and Brittany Evans looked fantastic. Nice to see the alumni!

• Love 2

Another random observation.  I remember more of the Vets staying behind to support the girls who get called into the office in past seasons.  Now I notice it's mainly rookies who stay behind.  I feel like the Vets are kinda like, We don't know them and they aren't on the team yet so whatever.  

Another random observation.  I remember more of the Vets staying behind to support the girls who get called into the office in past seasons.  Now I notice it's mainly rookies who stay behind.  I feel like the Vets are kinda like, We don't know them and they aren't on the team yet so whatever.  

I also remember each Rookie having a Vet buddy or having their Group Leader stay behind with them while they wait to be called in, which I thought was nice. The girls always look so sad and defeated, sitting on the wooden floor by themselves. It's no wonder they are freaking out by the time Kelly and Judy call them in.

• Love 1

When some people become anxious, their brains shut down. It's a survival mechanism built into all of us which should only kick in during dire circumstances, but if a person is more sensitive, the brain goes blank. It doesn't happen to everyone, but it's fairly common in creative-minded people.

I think that is what happened with Megan B. That's why she seemed kind of spacey and hard to follow. Most of us didn't notice her until this episode. She probably hadn't had any negative attention on her until something was said about her dreamy face which is one of the most mild criticisms I've ever heard of a TCC, if it is a criticism at all. Megan B. seemed to take it as a criticism. When she went into the meeting with Kelli and Judy, she her anxiety level was probably through the roof, and her brain shut down. 

I agree with the person who posted earlier regarding Kelli's, "We're looking for leaders" comment. They can't have 36(?) leaders. That is a dysfunctional organization. They need 36 confident people. Anxiety issues are extremely difficult for performers to overcome. It's not just overcoming publicly performing in front of millions. It's learning how to properly interpret what is and isn't criticism and how to deal with that. There is that mental toughness stuff that Jason Garrett was talking about. It's hard to do if your amygdala isn't behaving how it should.

• Love 1

Excited that they had the Coach of the Dallas Cowboys there.

I thought this was a fun episode.

Madeline looked so much better after the makeover. I think she's just a small town girl,like some of the others, and knows nothing about style or makeup. She looked much cuter with the new hair, but I hate to say, she just isn't pretty enough to be a DCC.

I didn't like the girl who said she was just as good as the bottom of the pack rookies last year. Something about that was very off putting.I've learned from this show that it's best to say that you want to be the best dancer you can be and that you will always be working towards that. It's not smart to say that you are already good enough to make the team.

Rose made the team because she is pretty and has a good figure. But she looked clumsy to me on all the dances. My guess is she needs a lot more technical training.

I loved the girl who said they could shave her head if they wanted to, that's a good attitude. I do wish they had taught us how to tease hair properly!!

I don't understand why these girls go into cheerleading if they want to be Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders. The DCC are dancers.

Why do these girls always say thing happen for a reason? Do they not understand that the process is very subjective? Does Madeline really accept she didn't make the team because she's not pretty enough and will never get the style? I don't understand. Life can be fairly randomness arbitrary as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 1

When some people become anxious, their brains shut down. It's a survival mechanism built into all of us which should only kick in during dire circumstances, but if a person is more sensitive, the brain goes blank. It doesn't happen to everyone, but it's fairly common in creative-minded people.

I think that is what happened with Megan B. That's why she seemed kind of spacey and hard to follow. Most of us didn't notice her until this episode. She probably hadn't had any negative attention on her until something was said about her dreamy face which is one of the most mild criticisms I've ever heard of a TCC, if it is a criticism at all. Megan B. seemed to take it as a criticism. When she went into the meeting with Kelli and Judy, she her anxiety level was probably through the roof, and her brain shut down. 

I agree totally, and thought Kelli was being melodramatic by saying the talk turned into a "train wreck." Seriously? That wasn't anywhere near a train wreck. Vivian was a train wreck, Megan Flaherty was a train wreck. In my opinion (from the vantage point of being a manager), Kelli caused the stall in the office.  Megan went in probably expecting to be cut. Kelli starts off the critique, then leaves it hanging without going anywhere. Megan's sitting there like, am I being cut? Am I coming back tomorrow?  Kelli was the problem in that exchange because she didn't state clearly that correction was occuring, not cutting. 

And I think Kelli misspoke when she said "leader." She's been a Director for far too long to think every DCC is going to be a leader. But I think she was meaning self-assured, personable, able to communicate, and confident in their abilities.  DCCs need to be confident enough to take initiative in social circumstances, and Megan B kinda just sat there (even though I think she was waiting for Kelli to tell her if she was being axed).

I really liked former DCCs taking to the runway and wished there'd been many more DCCs from the 80's and 90's, not just DCCs we've seen on the show (though they were terrific as well). And I thought Cassie looked good; they all did.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 3

I also remember each Rookie having a Vet buddy or having their Group Leader stay behind with them while they wait to be called in, which I thought was nice. The girls always look so sad and defeated, sitting on the wooden floor by themselves. It's no wonder they are freaking out by the time Kelly and Judy call them in.

I remember last year Loren was waiting all by herself to go into the office (she was called last).  When she finally went in Kelli asked her why was she crying. Loren said she had been waiting a long time and thought they might have forgotten about her. It must be terrible to wait alone and then wonder what they're going to say to you. It looks like most of the girls wait outside for the ones called in. Maybe they're not allowed to wait inside.

• Love 1

They stopped the Vet or team leader staying with the Rookie who'd been called into the office in S9, right? I think I remember Vets/team leaders waiting with the Rookies in S8, though I don't re-watch that season much.

I loved seeing some of the alumni back for the fashion show!  I thought that was a fun way of somewhat addressing many viewers' requests that we get to have an episode that follows up on what the alumni are up to.  In general, though, I don't much care for the fashion show.

KaShara is too cute!  She's got some of the best one-liners.

• Love 1

Was the Megan scene edited to make her look bad and Kelli and Judy have a good reason to call her in and a possible chance for her being cut in the future. I remember season 7 and poor Amy's cut being heavily edited to make her look bad. Her sister was on the CMT DCC Making the Team facebook page defending the poor girl. Amy was scared when she was in the office, was in Urgent Care the day before because she got sick trying to lose weight to fit into the uniform, and yes, she did say more than what was shown.