Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Becoming World Class

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Kitty was a DCC??

She was a DCC in, I think 1975 or 1976.  The last year with the old stadium (I think), there was a halftime performance with quite a lot of the women who were on the squad, from the 70's through today.  It was really fun to watch!  They all wore jerseys with a number on the front, I think it was for the first year they cheered (as many were multiple year girls but only had one number).  Anyway, Kitty was in it and I seem to remember 75 on the jersey she was wearing.

ETA:  I just found the video I was looking for and I was wrong on both years.  Kitty had a 74 on her jersey, not either of the others.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1

I hate it when they beg for another chance when being cut. If I was Kelli I'd point out they'd had plenty of chances. My impression is the cuts have been told over and over again to correct the issues, and they either can't or won't. One last chance isn't going to change anything.

• Love 1

I don't think they're positioning Melissa in to take over or be a permanent assistant. I think she's just the most recent, most familiar, still lives in Dallas name, so it's to both Melissa and the DCC's advantage to use her in this mentor role right now. I also don't think Kelli, Judy, or Kitty are going ANYWHERE for a long time. 

Yeah, in my opinion hell would freeze over before Melissa becomes director of the DCC. I actually like her being on the show because I've always liked her, but it's pretty clear that she's there because of her successful reality TV career. That doesn't translate to being the director of the organization.

I will write more in a few hours but I had to stop by and convey how appalled I am at Kelli Finglasses behavior and remarks this season. It is repulsive to see how she questions whether females breasts are authentic, to jiggle them around in their bras and embarrass young women by forcing them on NATIONAL TELEVISION to disclose if they have been bought or are fake!!! THIS NEEDS TO STOP! Her behavior is classless, disgusting and she should be ashamed of her self. In some companies this could be construed as sexual inappropriate behavior on nation TV. It's just NOT NECESSARY.

This is season 10 of this show. The girls know what they're getting into before prelims. It's also spelled out in the contract for CMT and training camp (if they make it this far). It's part of fitting the uniform. They dance in a tiny uniform, so yes, it has to be fit 100% correctly and fake/real boobs make a big difference.

"Um Kitty? You're one I could I take out very easily bc um, you're a horrid fucking bitch."

Is the foul language necessary? Edited by Dancer.Lyfe
  • Love 1

Updated (and complete!) score sheet with info shown from this last episode:

1. Jacie 16-0-0 (i.e., 16 yes, 0 maybe, 0 no)
2. Lacey 16-0-0
3. Jinelle 16-0-0
4. Caila 16-0-0
5. Jennifer 16-0-0
6. Erica 16-0-0
7. Holly 15-1-0
8. Mary 15-1-0
9. Danielle 15-1-0
10. Jenna 15-1-0
11. Ashley 16-0-0
12. Melissa 15-1-0
13. Megan (San Diego) 15-0-1
14. Kelsey 14-2-0
15. Angela 14-2-0
16. Loren 15-1-0
17. Paige 14-2-0
18. Rachel 14-2-0
19. Holly (Reeds) 16-0-0
20. Amy (Columbia) 14-2-0
21. Jessica 15-1-0
22. Stephanie 13-3-0
23. Victoria 16-0-0
24. Chantel 16-0-0
25. Simone 13-2-1
26. Kinzie 12-4-0 (shocked she got 4 maybes!)
27. KaShara 12-2-2
28. Robin 12-3-1
29. Elizabeth 8-6-2
30. Amy (Charlotte) 10-6-0
31. Karen 14-0-2

32. Shelbi 10-2-4

33. Kaleigh 9-4-3

34. Claire 7-5-4

35.Raylee 7-7-2

36. Kyndall 8-1-7

37. Rose 8-6-4

38. Emily 8-3-5

39. Selina 7-7-2

40. Madeline 7-5-4

41. Kat 6-8-2

42. Megan 8-6-2

43. Courtney 5-5-6

44. Taylor 2-10-4

45. Jaclyn 2-11-3

46. Colby 2-5-9

It's been shown the last two episodes -- you have to pause it at just the right moment.

• Love 7

If someone uses language that may upset you please send a PM to me or send in a report to the report center. Do not bring it up in the thread since they can restrict the flow of the thread and may cause problems. I also suggest using the ignore button feature if another poster is causing you to become upset. The instructions for the ignore button is at the top of the forum in the pinned guidelines thread. Thank you.

Wow, crazy that Jax was so far down on that list and she still made the team. And I'm surprised that she and Taylor only had 2 yeses but still made camp.

So interesting, I have to think Jasmine, Ashley Pro and Breelan got more than 2 yesses, so there must be other factors. I feel like other finalists must have more yesses than those 2 but missed training camp.

So interesting, I have to think Jasmine, Ashley Pro and Breelan got more than 2 yesses, so there must be other factors. I feel like other finalists must have more yesses than those 2 but missed training camp.

I'd agree those 3 vets probably got a lot more than 2 yes'es, but I also bet they got a lot more than 2 no's too. I bet when it comee to a vet people are more black or white about what they think - there's very little grey. Whereas rookies there is a lot more maybes.

Edited by MyFavShows

I never really noticed before, probably because she always had her hair down, but she is looking older.  She must be in her 60s. Even so, she shows a lot more pep than Judy, who is younger than her.

I'd love to know how old Kitty Judy and Kelli are for sure. Kelli & Judy I can almost figure out if they started cheering when they were 18. Judy tweeted to me that Kelli started cheering the year she retired (but never actually said when that was) when I asked if they had ever actually cheered together.

I don't think they're positioning Melissa in to take over or be a permanent assistant. I think she's just the most recent, most familiar, still lives in Dallas name, so it's to both Melissa and the DCC's advantage to use her in this mentor role right now. I also don't think Kelli, Judy, or Kitty are going ANYWHERE for a long time. 

I doubt Melissa would do that with everything else she has going on with Good Morning America, Entertainment Tonight, Dancing with the Stars.   I saw somewhere that her current net worth is $1.5 million.  She's not going to be making that kind of money with DCC on a long term job that takes time away from everything else.   What she is doing now is over a short period, she makes some money and still has time for everything else.

• Love 1

I never really noticed before, probably because she always had her hair down, but she is looking older. She must be in her 60s. Even so, she shows a lot more pep than Judy, who is younger than her.

Yes, it was a shock to me how senior Kitty looked with the hair up/cap on. I totally understand people reacting strongly to her style, there are so many cringe moments but that *does* make good TV. Love her or hate her, we're all paying attention to what outrageous thing she'll say or do next! As for me, I do admire her passion and that she seems to really get personally invested in bringing out the best in the girls. As a poster pointed out above, there is far more abrasive stuff that goes on in the entertainment/sport/dance worlds. People I know in the modelling industry in China have the worst anecdotes I've ever heard WRT how the "talent" is treated. Makes Kitty look like a kitten!

I'm not sure Judy lacks pep as opposed to having a much more even, gentle way about her. But that's probably what you meant. (I reckon she is a great mum, Cassie's so lucky.)

I'd love to know how old Kitty Judy and Kelli are for sure. Kelli & Judy I can almost figure out if they started cheering when they were 18. Judy tweeted to me that Kelli started cheering the year she retired (but never actually said when that was) when I asked if they had ever actually cheered together.

Answering my own question here (names are linked to the pages I found the info on):

Kitty Chapman Carter, 55, who was a Cowboys cheerleader from 1974-1976, said, “My dad was not real happy with the uniform. He almost died when he found out that I had made it because I was showing too much skin. He told me I wasn’t going to the Super Bowl without a cover-up so he had jackets made for the whole team to take to Miami.”

Judy Tharp Trammell (born April 29, 1958 Age 60) is the current head choreographer of ... Trammell was a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader for four years, from 1980-1984

Kelli McGonagill Finglass (born December 30, 1964 Age 51)is the current director of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.[2] She is also a former member of the squad. She appears in and is an executive producer of the CMT reality series Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team.  Finglass was a member of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders from 1984 to 1989, where she was the first cheerleader to be invited back without having to go through the customary audition process.

Edited by DCCFanInKy

I was pretty sure they overlapped a year. Judy's tweet could mean that, or that Kelli started straight after.

EDIT: ^^^^ nice detective work.

Edited by Pinknblue
  • Love 2

Answering my own question here (names are linked to the pages I found the info on):

Kitty Chapman Carter, 55, who was a Cowboys cheerleader from 1974-1976, said, “My dad was not real happy with the uniform. He almost died when he found out that I had made it because I was showing too much skin. He told me I wasn’t going to the Super Bowl without a cover-up so he had jackets made for the whole team to take to Miami.”

Judy Tharp Trammell (born April 29, 1958 Age 60) is the current head choreographer of ... Trammell was a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader for four years, from 1980-1984

Kelli McGonagill Finglass (born December 30, 1964 Age 51)is the current director of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.[2] She is also a former member of the squad. She appears in and is an executive producer of the CMT reality series Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team.  Finglass was a member of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders from 1984 to 1989, where she was the first cheerleader to be invited back without having to go through the customary audition process.

Just had to throw my 2 cents worth in.  If the birthdays I quoted are correct I cannot believe that Judy is older than Kitty!!!!

I was pretty sure they overlapped a year. Judy's tweet could mean that, or that Kelli started straight after.

Just found the convo - see below:

Kelli Finglass ‏@Kelli_Finglass  6 Sep 2013

A Great Smile!  “@xoxo_elenie: @Kelli_Finglass @DCC_Judy What stands out to both of you the most?”

0 retweets 1 favorite

Reply Retweet   Favorite  1

More

RebaFan15 ‏@RebaMcFan2015  6 Sep 2013

@Kelli_Finglass @DCC_Judy  you guys weren't ever on the team at the same time were you?

0 retweets 0 favorites

Reply Retweet   Favorite   View Tweet activity

More

Judy Trammell ‏@DCC_Judy  6 Sep 2013

No Kelli came in 1984 the year I retired “@StreisandFn2012: @DCC_Judy  you guys weren't ever on the team at the same time were you?”

EDIT: ^^^^ nice detective work.

TYVM....It's called boredom and a sore throat and not being able to sleep LOL but thx,

• Love 3

Kelli McGonagill Finglass (born December 30, 1964 Age 51)is the current director of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.[2] She is also a former member of the squad. She appears in and is an executive producer of the CMT reality series Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team. Finglass was a member of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders from 1984 to 1989, where she was the first cheerleader to be invited back without having to go through the customary audition process.

Math isn't really adding up here. If Kitty is 55, that would make her 14 when she joined the squad. I'm assuming she is at least 65.

Also if Judy was born in 1958 she won't be 60 for another three years? Wondering who wrote those bios, lol.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

Math isn't really adding up here. If kitty is 55, that would make her 14 when she joined the squad. I'm assuming she is at least 65.

Also if Judy was born in 1958 she won't be 60 for another three years? Wondering who wrote those bios, lol.

Haha dunno should've checked my sources a little closer but pain is winning over common sense right now so bed isn't far away!!

Edited by DCCFanInKy

I agree on Kelli, Judy & Kitty having lots of years left. It just makes me wonder what's going on behind the scenes when Melissa's role as shown on screen appears to be so generic this year. And at some point, they *have* to be thinking long term, setting a direction, and wondering about 'fit'. But of course there's no reason that that would be happening publicly, on-camera!

It's easy to read too much into it all when a total of only hours out of a whole season is portrayed, amiright?

Edited by Pinknblue

Math isn't really adding up here. If Kitty is 55, that would make her 14 when she joined the squad. I'm assuming she is at least 65.

Does Kitty being 59 sound any better?  Redoing some of my math.  Then giving up and taking my sore throat and frazzled nerves to bed.  Goodnight DCC fans!!!

Edited by DCCFanInKy
  • Love 1

Does Kitty being 59 sound any better? Redoing some of my math. Then giving up and taking my sore throat and frazzled nerves to bed. Goodnight DCC fans!!!

Possibly, but she doesn't look like she was 18 in her DCC pics. Hard to tell though. Also based on her appearance now she looks at least 65, but again it's hard to tell just on looks.

Just had to throw my 2 cents worth in. If the birthdays I quoted are correct I cannot believe that Judy is older than Kitty!!!!

Just found the convo - see below:

TYVM....It's called boredom and a sore throat and not being able to sleep LOL but thx,

The Kitty article is from 2010 so that would make her 60 now
  • Love 1

I think everyone over thinks the reasons Melissa might be around. She has a contract with ABC. ABC either owns or has production agreements with any number of cable stations -- Disney, ESPN and yes CMT.

There is no way I believe Kelli and Judy sought her out or are grooming her. The family of networks is driving that decision.

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure the very talented costume department can handle breast implants when fitting the uniform. After all, they do it for dancers and actresses all the time. Whether a candidate's breasts are big because she has implants or because they are natural has nothing to do with the fit in the top of the uniform. Kelli's just being her usual passive-aggressive self, trying to call out those who may have had implants. Either someone's breasts are too big or they are not - she doesn't have to ask why they are big. I understand it when she asks about padding, because padding shifts around.

• Love 1

I don't think Kelli is passive aggressive. She'ls pretty direct.

When you're dancing and kicking in basically a push up bra with sleeve, and a hiphugger bikini bottom, the size and shape of EVERYTHING matters, or you can have some really bad wardrobe mishaps, and has everything to do with the DCC wardrobe. The DCC does have a talented costuming department, and one reason they're so talented, is because they 'dig in there' and measure every little detail, have the girls move, etc., For this costume, that's going to require some poking and prodding 

Kitty's hair color is always wild, but I don't think she looks that bad for a woman in her late 50s, early 60s. Judy is probably slightly younger, but within that mid-50s range, and I personally think she looks every bit of it. She's in great shape, but her skin gives her age away. Kelli looks great too, heck, they all do, and I think having a hysterectomy within the last year has contributed to a lot of hormonal changes (basically pushes you through menopause, even if, God forbid, you'd have one at 20), which can wreck havoc on metabolism, weight gain, skin, etc. They've all tanned a whole lot, so none of them are going to have great skin at this point.

• Love 1

I swear I remember in one of these conversation over the years Kelli admitting to a TCC her's were "store bought" too. I really to never got the impression she was trying to embarrass anyone -- more than she was just pretty blunt.

I swear I remember in one of these conversation over the years Kelli admitting to a TCC her's were "store bought" too. I really to never got the impression she was trying to embarrass anyone -- more than she was just pretty blunt.

So true!! There's a big difference between asking a blunt question and trying to embarrass someone. Kelli would never try to embarrass anyone because then no one would want to audition.

• Love 1

I'd agree those 3 vets probably got a lot more than 2 yes'es, but I also bet they got a lot more than 2 no's too. I bet when it comee to a vet people are more black or white about what they think - there's very little grey. Whereas rookies there is a lot more maybes.

After last year when they cut that one veteran (Hannah?) who had a number of weight warnings during her season and had made no progress during training camp, Judy said there should be no more maybes for veterans.

She said the have to make these decisions in auditions. She said it had to be a yes or no because cutting a veteran in training camp was too hard on the girl and too hard on Judy and Kelli.

I think Hannah had been on show group too.

Edited by rose711

If a TCC can't handle Kelli, jokingly and non-judementally asking with the seamstress, if they're real or God-given, then the girl will not be able to handle some of the much ruder, crasser fan comments. 

*Edited BC Kelli isn't Judy LOL.

Edited by RazzleberryPie

She was.

If a TCC can't handle Judy, jokingly and non-judementally asking with the seamstress, if they're real or God-given, then the girl will not be able to handle some of the much ruder, crasser fan comments. 

*Kelli, but yes. They're just boobs. :)

• Love 1

After last year when they cut that one veteran (Hannah?) who had a number of weight warnings during her season and had made no progress during training camp, Judy said there should be no more maybes for veterans.

She said the have to make these decisions in auditions. She said it had to be a yes or no because cutting a veteran in training camp was too hard on the girl and too hard on Judy and Kelli.

I seriously thought Hannah would eventually be point girl. Her cut was a major shock to me. Honestly, I think they had Ashley Pro in mind when they followed through and just cut her in camp. I really liked Ashley, but she is an emotional crier - I am not knocking her for crying or showing emotion when upset - and it would've been really, really, ugly if they'd cut her during camp, in the office. That's not kind to her and doesn't look favorable to the organization. The way they did it softened the blow. 

I seriously thought Hannah would eventually be point girl. Her cut was a major shock to me. Honestly, I think they had Ashley Pro in mind when they followed through and just cut her in camp. I really liked Ashley, but she is an emotional crier - I am not knocking her for crying or showing emotion when upset - and it would've been really, really, ugly if they'd cut her during camp, in the office. That's not kind to her and doesn't look favorable to the organization. The way they did it softened the blow.

Yes, I rewatched this episode. Hannah says she didn't see it coming, but she had been warned multiple times. The episode before her cut episode,she was called into the office for weight. Right before her cut, she actually rambled on about wanting to do it in a healthy way, as if she hadn't been working on it even after multiple warnings.

This attitude of cutting veterans at finals makes sense and it seems to agree with the numbers on the sheets seen in this episode and the last. I can see now why they cut veterans who are out of shape at finals instead of having to cut them in training camp. It's tough on the girls that they don't tell them ahead of time that they didn't make it, but I guess it's just part of the process.

------

-About the boobs, I wonder if implants move differently or are a different density than real boobs. It might make a difference in the uniform?

Edited by rose711
  • Love 1

Re: Hannah, I think if she actually produced a reason for the weight gain (like she was concentrating on finishing her degree and studying > working out) they may have cut her a little slack.  As Rose711 said, she can't ramble on as if she hadn't heard the warning before.

Re: This episode/season -- This stone-faced Kelli is freaking me out.  Even in some of the earlier seasons where she was more no-nonsense (she softened up in season 7 IMHO), she smiled and showed warmth to the girls.  Her demeanor is so hard and she is so much more catty in her comments to Judy, I am actually wondering if something is/was going on in her personal life and it made her more stern in TC.   OR Charlotte got on her for being to soft on the girls and allowing weaker ones onto the team (Breelan's Halloween close up comes to mind) that she is showing her fangs a little more.

I HATE the pacing of this season.  It is as if we are getting appetizers instead of an entree -- a little tease but no depth.  Fitting the makeovers, the run way, AND the Kitty visit into one episode is just too much.  I would love to see more of the makeovers (although Rose's eyebrows are still too much in my opinion), the addition of alum on the runway was a nice touch -- but the Kitty episode is one I look forward to (sorry; I'm essentially a Kitty fan when she isn't being ridiculously vulgar) and we barely saw any dancing at all in this episode.  

I think superficial is the word that came to mind while watching it -- it's glossing over everything and not really allowing us to see things in ANY depth whatsoever.  I hate it.

I thought I remember that CMT's description of this season included a phrase like "cat fight".  I'm not expecting a brawl, but I thought perhaps some of the girls were snarky with one another (or "toxic").  

I couldn't decide if Madeline's departure speech to the vets was rehearsed or sincere (that they are role models)...it was sweet, but I'm not sure.  And I thought Holly was on the verge of rolling her eyes while listening to it, but I saw other people thought she was sympathizing with Madeline.  I'm going to have to watch that part again.

• Love 1

Yes, I rewatched this episode. Hannah says she didn't see it coming, but she had been warned multiple times. The episode before her cut episode,she was called into the office for weight. Right before her cut, she actually rambled on about wanting to do it in a healthy way, as if she hadn't been working on it even after multiple warnings.

This attitude of cutting veterans at finals makes sense and it seems to agree with the numbers on the sheets seen in this episode and the last. I can see now why they cut veterans who are out of shape at finals instead of having to cut them in training camp. It's tough on the girls that they don't tell them ahead of time that they didn't make it, but I guess it's just part of the process.

------

-About the boobs, I wonder if implants move differently or are a different density than real boobs. It might make a difference in the uniform?

Yeah - remember Kelli's comment when Amy was doing her solo and about to have the wardrobe malfunction - she said "I think she's natural". I'm sure they do move differently - they probably have to put more support in uniforms when the girl is naturally large chested versus has implants. I can see where it would be embarrassing to admit on national TV that you have implants, but again, that comes with the territory of agreeing to go on the show. Some of those close up shots they show of girls buts and chests, and the slow motions of tummies giggling got to be pretty darn embarrassing too - like imagine how Breelan feels after those shots of her belly :(.

• Love 2

If Judy was born in 1958 that would make her 57.  I don't know where those bios were found but I bet there is more wrong than just Judy's age.

Regarding Holly's makeover, someone at the salon should have pointed out that Holly has very light eyebrows, which takes away from her eyes. Darken those brows and he face would look much more balanced.

I'm really curious as to who said maybe to the vets

Can't believe that Kinzie was the lowest scoring vet

This continues to bother me....so much that it popped up in a dream I had the other night in which Kinzie didn't make the team.  I woke up so upset!!   And then I was more horrified that MTT and DCC surpassed the typical schoolmares I have in the first week of school.  #ineedalife!

Edited by English Teacher
  • Love 2

RE Kelli's attitude/personality this season...didn't she and her husband split or are splitting?  That could account for some of it (extra stress).  The bios I posted were from Wiki so probably not all that accurate but all I could find.

Was this the first time we saw one of the regular weigh ins on the show? I know they do them but I don't recall them actually showing anything other than the initial body fat calculation.

In season 8 (when Chelsea was cut) they made a point of showing (and then re-showing) Kelli telling the girls on the first night (the meeting) that they can get cut for weight...and then we saw a weigh-in (Brittany Schram made a great point of saying that scales and women often have a frenemy relationship) because it led to the night where the 4 girls didn't get to have cameos.