Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Becoming World Class

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Reminder again: This is an episode thread, not lets discuss Kelli, Judy, and Kitty's age, or will Melissa take over for one of them. Yes, Kelli has ask girls about their chest size, but this does not mean lets turn it into a nasty off topic heated discussion. Make your point, and move on please. If someone posts something you may not like or upsets you, do not engage the person-send me a PM, use the ignore button, or send in a report to the report center. Engaging the person enflames the situation and makes it unpleasant for all posters to the point of not being able to enjoy posting  on the forum. From now on, posts will be hidden and Just a Note non warning, warning points, and suspensions will happen if a person cannot follow the guidelines and mod notes. Remember everyone on here will not agree with you. Think before hitting the reply button. If you cannot be civil, please do not post. Thank you.

I thought Madeleine's new hair color looked great in the salon, but when she was back in the studio, it looked as dark as ever. Was that just a bad edit? Also, I wish we'd seen Taylor's time in the salon. I have to admit, Taylor is really growing on me. I don't remember her runway walk either. Hmm. I'll have to re-watch the episode.

• Love 3

I thought Madeleine's new hair color looked great in the salon, but when she was back in the studio, it looked as dark as ever. Was that just a bad edit? Also, I wish we'd seen Taylor's time in the salon. I have to admit, Taylor is really growing on me. I don't remember her runway walk either. Hmm. I'll have to re-watch the episode.

I thought that too...it may be that there is better lighting at the salon...?

• Love 3

I was not very impressed with any of the makeovers this year. I suspect there wasn't much they could do about Madeline because fixing that awful black dye job will take weeks and they just didn't have that kind of time. Kat still has the brassy yellow hair with dark roots. Jax still has too-long, unhealthy looking, stringy hair. None of the makeovers really wowed me or made much of a change like we've seen in the past. 

• Love 1

I thought the makeover before/after shots looked pretty much the same. I said "Huh?" especially on Courtney. They talked about making her a "Dallas blonde" instead of an "East Texas blonde," and then they show the before and after and the color looked exactly the same. What? I did think Holly's color looked better in the salon than in more recent pictures, so that is confusing. Maybe her hair didn't hold the color, or they tweaked it after the fact and accidentally made it look worse. Madeline was also confusing because it looked halfway decent in the salon, but then horrible again in the studio. But like others have said, there's only so much they could do in the salon to fix her head without all of her hair falling out.

I continue to be super stumped on how Rose even got into training camp. All we ever hear about her is "awkward awkward awkward." For kicks I went back and watched her fan vote video. Dear God. It is so bad.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/04/10/dcc-rose

So yeah, I am pretty over her and find it annoying in general that they took her into camp over other people. I also get more annoyed about the fact that she calls her "fans" Rosebuds the more I think about it.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 3

Rose's fan vote video is awful, but honestly, most of them are.  After all, they shot these videos only shortly after learning the combination (they learned it, performed it, and then when it was announced they made finals, they had to perform it again).  Presumably, by the time they got to finals, they'd practiced a lot more.  Holly is the only one who looked awesome in her fan vote video IMO.

They also seem to have a desire for tall girls -- I wonder if that had anything to do with Rose's success.

Rose's fan vote video is awful, but honestly, most of them are.  After all, they shot these videos only shortly after learning the combination (they learned it, performed it, and then when it was announced they made finals, they had to perform it again).  Presumably, by the time they got to finals, they'd practiced a lot more.  Holly is the only one who looked awesome in her fan vote video IMO.

They also seem to have a desire for tall girls -- I wonder if that had anything to do with Rose's success.

I somewhat agree, but I just watched a bunch of them and none of them were anywhere near as bad as Rose's. It's just the way her body moves. Even something simple like the high kick, her placement is all wrong, and that is what stands out to me in a very negative way. I just struggle with the concept of, "Well, she's really bad, but she's pretty and tall so maybe we can make her less bad by football season." I just think a lot of other people deserved TC more than she did, but of course everyone feels differently on this subject, and it is altogether a moot point. It just baffles me is all.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

I swear I remember in one of these conversation over the years Kelli admitting to a TCC her's were "store bought" too. I really to never got the impression she was trying to embarrass anyone -- more than she was just pretty blunt.

I remember Kelli asking Jinelle what size she was. Jinelle said she was a DD and Kelli said "Me too". I don't recall Kelli ever admitting she had implants.

When Courtney was being fiitted for the uniform Kelli asked her of her boobs were real. Courtney said yes but then Kelli said something to her about having too much padding. Why would she wear padding if she had big boobs?

• Love 2

I remember Kelli asking Jinelle what size she was. Jinelle said she was a DD and Kelli said "Me too". I don't recall Kelli ever admitting she had implants.

When Courtney was being fiitted for the uniform Kelli asked her of her boobs were real. Courtney said yes but then Kelli said something to her about having too much padding. Why would she wear padding if she had big boobs?

Courtney might wear padded bras for the lift that you can get from a padded push up bra. 

I was pretty sure they overlapped a year. Judy's tweet could mean that, or that Kelli started straight after.

EDIT: ^^^^ nice detective work. "  Tonight wiil be yur last nigh't thread..

I posted the years Kelli and Judy were DCCs in the "Kelli and Judy Tonight will be your last night" thread.

I remember Kelli asking Jinelle what size she was. Jinelle said she was a DD and Kelli said "Me too". I don't recall Kelli ever admitting she had implants.

When Courtney was being fiitted for the uniform Kelli asked her of her boobs were real. Courtney said yes but then Kelli said something to her about having too much padding. Why would she wear padding if she had big boobs?

I think she asked Brittany Evans and she admitted to having implants. Didn't someone else say they're hers cbecause she bought them? Forget who that was...

I somewhat agree, but I just watched a bunch of them and none of them were anywhere near as bad as Rose's. It's just the way her body moves. Even something simple like the high kick, her placement is all wrong, and that is what stands out to me in a very negative way. I just struggle with the concept of, "Well, she's really bad, but she's pretty and tall so maybe we can make her less bad by football season." I just think a lot of other people deserved TC more than she did, but of course everyone feels differently on this subject, and it is altogether a moot point. It just baffles me is all.

Based on rewatching that fan vote video, I don't understand why they couldn't give Rose more specific feedback than just "awkward" in her time during training camp. (I'm not a dancer so my vocabulary would be all wrong - but even I could say, your placement isn't precise enough, hold your core tighter etc rather than just ".... awkward".) It wastes everyone's time. Rose likely didn't stand a chance anyway, so it's just confusing for her, wastes screen time, and robs time and opportunities from other girls.

I think she asked Brittany Evans and she admitted to having implants. Didn't someone else say they're hers cbecause she bought them? Forget who that was...

I know Loren said that last year.

Edited by ByTor

I thought the makeover before/after shots looked pretty much the same. I said "Huh?" especially on Courtney. They talked about making her a "Dallas blonde" instead of an "East Texas blonde," and then they show the before and after and the color looked exactly the same. What? I did think Holly's color looked better in the salon than in more recent pictures, so that is confusing. Maybe her hair didn't hold the color, or they tweaked it after the fact and accidentally made it look worse. Madeline was also confusing because it looked halfway decent in the salon, but then horrible again in the studio. But like others have said, there's only so much they could do in the salon to fix her head without all of her hair falling out.

I continue to be super stumped on how Rose even got into training camp. All we ever hear about her is "awkward awkward awkward." For kicks I went back and watched her fan vote video. Dear God. It is so bad.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/04/10/dcc-rose

So yeah, I am pretty over her and find it annoying in general that they took her into camp over other people. I also get more annoyed about the fact that she calls her "fans" Rosebuds the more I think about it.

I do agree with some of the befores looking just like the afters. As far as Rose, there could have just been enough people who were worse than she was and she made the cut.

People with large breasts wear padding in their bras as well. Could be for the lift. 

Watched Rose's fan vote video (and a few others too - it's cool those are out there! Thanks for posting so I know I can look at them :)). Rose IMO needs ballet to fix her issues - like 2-3 1.5 hour classes a week of quality ballet can help her correct that awkwardness in probably a years time. It's like she's knows the steps and has power, she's just not placing her body like a dancer when she does them. Ballet would help w/ that. I now understand why Kelli asked her about her background and said "I'm not seeing 9 years of studio dance" to her - maybe she went to a bad studio that didn't include ballet in their ciriculum?

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1
Why would she wear padding if she had big boobs?

She probably figured the bigger the better. I would be surprised if Courtney wasn't wearing the "DCC recommended" blue bra from Victoria's Secret (there's a certain one they have, I think that's where it's from), so for Kelli to comment on extra padding makes me wonder if Courtney had inserted even more padding than what comes already built in.

I'd be curious, for those who do have implants, how many got them specifically to improve their chances on the squad. There are quite a few girls who are pretty flat chested (as revealed by their swimsuit photos), and it doesn't seem to matter to Kelli. They just draw some cleavage on your photos and call it a day.

Edited by sleepyjean

I would be surprised if Courtney wasn't wearing the "DCC recommended" blue bra from Victoria's Secret (there's a certain one they have, I think that's where it's from)

I swear I recall Kelli once telling a TCC during fittings that her padding was out of control.  The candidate mentioned that she was wearing the recommended bra & Kelli responded as though she never heard of that bra or never heard of there being a recommended bra.  Sorry if my memory is way off! :)

There are quite a few girls who are pretty flat chested (as revealed by their swimsuit photos), and it doesn't seem to matter to Kelli.

I don't think it does either, Kelli mentioned that there are A cups on the team, they just need to know the right way to tie the shirt to get cleavage. Edited by ByTor

I swear I recall Kelli once telling a TCC during fittings that her padding was out of control.  The candidate mentioned that she was wearing the recommended bra & Kelli responded as though she never heard of that bra or never heard of there being a recommended bra.  Sorry if my memory is way off! :)

I remember that girl (just not who it was) and I think that girl had added extra and was evasive about doing it until they pulled out some of the padding to make the blouse fit better.

I remember that girl (just not who it was) and I think that girl had added extra and was evasive about doing it until they pulled out some of the padding to make the blouse fit better.

It was Canned Frosting Taylor. And she was just all around clueless, so not surprising she couldn't get her boobs in check.

• Love 3

It was Canned Frosting Taylor. And she was just all around clueless, so not surprising she couldn't get her boobs in check.

Love that name. Remember when her pads were coming out when she was dancing at practice?

At first the name made me think of current TCC Taylor (low kicks) because her hair is frosted. 

Edited by MrsEVH

I agree with the comment that Madeline's hair looked ok in the studio, but that it looked very dark again in the salon. Maybe it was just the lights in the salon 

I thought this episode had a lack of dance. The Kitty section seemed to have about 45 seconds of dance total. I didn't mind the fashion show and the part with the Cowboys coach, but it was too much with the makeover section and the Kitty section. This episode needed to be broken up. 

When Shelby said that her background was competitive cheer as opposed to dance, her struggles made more sense. She looks stiff and seems to have trouble with picking up choreo quickly, which makes sense with someone with a cheer background. I can't see her making the team, and like many others, I cringed when she named Ashley Pro and Breelan as 2 of her friends who made it. They're lovely girls, but not the ones that you want Kelli and Judy associating you with in terms of dance. 

What did Holly say about her weight gain.... "Being 18, it's just like wahhhh"? 

Poor Megan B. She just seemed like a deer in headlights and wasn't making any sense. I can't see Kelli and Judy overlooking that. 

In the previews next week, it seems like they're talking about the short girl (I don't think she's ever said her name on screen) who dances next to Taylor in that dance group, when they say that the boots are taking up her leg. She's cute, seems to be a good dancer from the few clips that we have seen, and would add a little bit of diversity to the team, so hopefully she can overcome that. 

Edited by Jess14

In the previews next week, it seems like they're talking about the short girl (I don't think she's ever said her name on screen) who dances next to Taylor in that dance group, when they say that the boots are taking up her leg.

I believe that's Karen.

In the previews next week, it seems like they're talking about the short girl (I don't think she's ever said her name on screen) who dances next to Taylor in that dance group, when they say that the boots are taking up her leg. She's cute, seems to be a good dancer from the few clips that we have seen, and would add a little bit of diversity to the team, so hopefully she can overcome that. 

Kelli said the same thing about Vivian's legs.

The one I remember was Amber in season 6 when she quickly said 'yes'.

I liked her a lot and wish she'd stayed around more than one season.

ETA: For those that don't remember her, she was the one who let Karissa move in with her when she had no place to go.

Edited by Aegolius

ETA: For those that don't remember her, she was the one who let Karissa move in with her when she had no place to go.

Now THAT is a name I could happily never hear again. Karissa always seemed like a cheerleading grifter to me.

Amber Lea, right? Loved her!!! Always wondered why she did just one season.

As far as Kelly's statement, I've heard it both ways..to each his own

I chuckled at the "bull in the china cabinet" comment too. Someone can certainly make it their own, or repeat it from hearing it wrong, but it's not the original idiom and doesn't make sense. In French and Spanish though, it's an elephant in the China shop!

• Love 3

They showed more of the score sheets last night. One thing I found interesting was Courtney's score from tryouts; Yes: 5 Maybe: 5 No: 6

I was surprised that she had so many nos, and that she made it into training camp with more nos than yeses or maybes. I wonder what the nos were for, because from what they've shown right now Kelli, Judy, Kitty, and Melissa all seem to like her.

. I think in the end it does matter who the "yes" are if those votes are Charlotte, Judy, and Kelli, not the dentist or office staff. My guess is there may be some loyalties to the east Texas dance schools and the like...not like it is everything but I think it does weigh in. I also think they like a person who tries a few times...it shows dedication, potential loyalty to DCC, etc and I think the thought may be if they have to work hard to get in they may be loyal and develop into a 3-4 year vet. Edited by mardo4

Rose surprised me, she handled her cut with grace and tried to get corrections for a direction next year. I never really "got" why she was selected but she changed my opinion of her in this episode and I hope she is able to work in some intense dance classes with an instructor who can provide specific feedback for improvement.

• Love 1

I actually thought Rose looked mutinous when she was called into the office and then cut. She didn't say anything mutinous, but I could read it on her face. It cracked me up because I was waiting for her to explode Meagan Flaherty style, but she held it in. Of course I could have been reading her face wrong, but that was how it looked to me.

. I always got the impression she was a natural DD the way she positively spoke to Jinelle and the sort of the matter of fact way she would comment if they are "real east Texas bred or store bought"? to others. at any rate, she has mentioned many times that they have all sizes in DCC so I don't think it is an issue in the end... But she might be a little bit of a "boobist" and prefer natural! ;)

I'm having a hard time telling but I don't think it is because Rose has a pretty square chin. I really don't know for sure though.

That's her. She just has a little more makeup on than we're used to seeing. If you look at the rest of the site you'll see the other Ice Angels modeling outfits also.

Edited by MrsEVH

That's her. She just has a little more makeup on than we're used to seeing. If you look at the rest of the site you'll see the other Ice Angels modeling outfits also.

Huh, didn't know Rose was an Ice Angel. So weird, it looks like a completely different person.

It's weird seeing pics of Tessa on there. It makes me forget everything that's happened to her in the last year.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

Huh, didn't know Rose was an Ice Angel. So weird, it looks like a completely different person.

It's weird seeing pics of Tessa on there. It makes me forget everything that's happened to her in the last year.

She was an Ice Angel for two seasons. I'm surprised she never mentioned it when Kelli asked her about her dance experience.

Does that site just hire the Ice Angles to model for them? Wow is some of that stuff crazy expensive - $250 for a bra top? Looks like a company that makes most of its money off of attractive girls needing audition wear for pro sports dance team tryouts - only in America, huh? ;)

Lots of one and done DCCs and ex TCCs on that site modeling. Some of them are so airbrushed its hard to tell its them - like even some of the shots of Vivian don't even look like her when I know they are her. This one of Rose actually looks like her - http://www.dallaswearuniforms.com/carly-top/

She looks very pretty in that photo - but I still think she needs some styling help to be a DCC, and some ballet too.

Edited by MyFavShows

I know 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' and all, but I seriously think Rose has been one of the prettiest, most natural looking girls to come through there. She's very young and fresh, plus her features are very pretty. Those super thick brows are all the rage in fashion/runway (not glamour/pageanty) modeling. I'm just not a huge fan of 'glamour' beauty that looks more like Playboy (heavy bleached extensions, over tanned, over contoured, way too much makeup, fake nails, way too much beauty that could wash off with a hose, and is on the verge of trashy). 

• Love 2

I think Rose is pretty too and I actually like her brows. Just not a fan of her otherwise.

Lots of Dallas area dancers are on that site. Jordan Elizabeth is on there and she was a DCC for three seasons. There have been other DCCs on there as well who aren't anymore due to changing styles. But yeah, they use the AAIA a lot. They actually had a video up of them dancing in their outfits a couple of years ago and it heavily featured Amy Caroline who was an AAIA for a few seasons and was a DCC TCC a few years back (she was cut for being-bottom heavy/robotic). Anyway...off subject so I'll shut up now.

Edited by Oranaiche